Alder

5.1

Jessica Peyton Columbus, OH

Very responsive and very quick the have police there within minutes.

Tee Sims Green Bay, WI

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE VERY USER FRIENDLY AND SIMPLE & EASY INSTALLATION

Carol Gunter Alexandria, LA

System is very easy to use. System gives plenty of time to disarm the away mode

Reply from Alder

Thank you for your review, Carol! We're glad you like your system! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Jul. 31st, 2018

Mckinney Gilbert

Service guys stop by and check system 2 make sure batteries and good and system is working properly

Reply from Alder

Thank you for your review and feedback. Let us know if you need anything.

Jul. 23rd, 2018

Theresa Gonzales

No calls to verify active alarm being set off. Calls for confirmation. Including when Smoke Alarm activates

Reply from Alder

Theresa, thanks for your review. Please reach out to us as needed at 844-442-5337.

Jul. 19th, 2018

Patricia T. Hicks

Have not had any problems with Alder when calling for service. Response time is good.

Reply from Alder

Hi Patricia. Thanks for your review!

Jul. 19th, 2018

Theresa Charlot Church Point, LA

They are respectful and honest. I think it's the most safe system for our home.

Reply from Alder

Theresa--thanks for leaving a review for us!

Howard Swinton Morrilton, AR

We chose this company because of their updated equipment. Customer service hasn't returned all of our calls.

Reply from Alder

Hi Howard, thanks for your review. We apologize for your experience so far. Please reach out to us at so we can make sure your concerns are resolved and you have a smoother experience going forward. Thank you. --Scott

Anonymous Saraland, AL

The were very thorough and explained everything very well. We have not had any problems with it.

Reply from Alder

Hi! Thanks for your review.

Vera Liggians Port Gibson, MS

Whenever you ask them something, they try and get you the best information.

Reply from Alder

Hi Vera, thanks for your review!

Guadalupe Garcia Dallas, TX

It's always easy to communicate with them. It's also easy to use.

Reply from Alder

We appreciate your review, Guadalupe!

Mary Romero Henryetta, OK

I changed my mind the day after they installed it, and they won't respond to my requests to have it pulled. I don't think the equipment is what they said it was.

Reply from Alder

Hi Mary, thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience so far! I see that we are cancelling your account and will issue a full refund once we receive the equipment. I apologize for the delay in this process! Please contact us at if you need any more help. Thanks. -Scott

Inez Elam Aiken, SC

The sales rep provided us with all the information. He was very kind and I trusted him.

Reply from Alder

Inez, thanks for your review! Happy that you chose Alder for your home protection!

Chester Shoemaker Muncie, IN

We haven't had any problems so far. It doesn't take up much space or bother me.

Reply from Alder

Hi Chester. Thanks for leaving a review for us!

Heath Pennington

It's easily accessible and the equipment is up to date with all the standards.

Reply from Alder

Heath, thanks for your review. Hope you enjoy using your system and protecting your home!

Kenneth Jewitt

It was convenient to buy and install it, they did a good job.

Reply from Alder

Kenneth--we appreciate your review. Thanks for your feedback!

Jerome Agee

Everything is perfect, the equipment is good and the representatives are good.

Shannon Harper

I got a good deal on this system. I think the equipment is good

Reply from Alder

Hi Shannon. Thanks for your review! We hope you enjoy your Alder system. Let us know if you ever need anything.

Mary Johnson

They are all pleasant and friendly, and the equipment is good.

Reply from Alder

Mary, thank you for your review. Glad to hear your feedback!

robyn variste

alarm goes off and nothing is wrong. it has gone off in the middle of the night and it wasn't even a fire.

Reply from Alder

Hi Robyn. Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this has happened so far! Please let us know some more details at (if you could also include your phone number or Alder account number). Then we can make sure your system works properly. Thanks again.

Jul. 2nd, 2018

Theresa

I was told they would buy out my contract and that did not happen. I was paying for cameras that did not do what they said it would. I could not get help on any of it.

Reply from Alder

Theresa, thanks for your review. Sorry that this has been your experience so far. We would be more than happy to pay off your previous contract--Please contact us at with your phone number or Alder account number. Also, if you could provide us the final bill statement and copy of the contract from your previous company, we can help out with their buyout. Thanks again! --Scott

Jul. 2nd, 2018

Oscar Miller Amite, LA

We haven't had any problems with our system so far and everything works fine.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Oscar!

Jun. 28th, 2018

Dorothy Lattimore Newport News, VA

At this time I cannot think of anything I like. I dislike the fact that my panel stop functioning, sent it to the company as they requested. Have been waiting for the new panel for over a month. I have no service yet they debited my account. They give me the same bull every time I call. They got a tracking number from FedEx but have not sent the package to FedEx.

ROBIN COTTRELL GLENN Cincinnati, OH

This is the WORST company.. They lie!! HORRIBLE customer service!! A bunch of none clear speaking individuals staff their customer service call center!! They REFUSE to answer questions and REFUSE to elevate complaint calls.. I was told my contract is theo 60 months.. THAT IS TOTALLY BOGUS!!! I HATE ALDER and will do whatever I have to do to be RID OF THEM!!! ALDER SUCKS

Disappointed Customer Irving, TX

This company, Alder, took advantage of my 78 year old mother with the 5-year contract deal and now she will have to pay them to get out of it. I cannot manage her account online because they have shut off communications to do that so you will need to call Alder and they, the reps, constantly give you the run around. This is one of the worst companies that I have ever had to deal with and would never recommend anyone to this company. What a scam this is!

donna 60 Ashtabula, OH

customer service is terrible. pressured parents into buying a 5 year contract which is useless in their area. They were supposed to able to cancel if moved. They are now in a different state the house has been sold and they continue to refuse to act because my mom can't remember her verbal password. We have verified account by 3 other means. Have spent hours trying to get contract cancelled even though they are in a nursing home.

George Happler Norcross, GA

Most unprofessional company I have ever worked with. Could get no service whatsoever on defective equipment Paid two years on a five year contract with equipment not operating. After completing 60 months of payments called to cancel service three times to no avail. Received threatening letters demanding payment. Will have to turn it over to attorney. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE AS YOU CAN!

Kristin Crumpler Austin, TX

So sad they will not help you. When your 75 year old mother no longer has a home, moves in with you, and has been paying them $45 a month for 4 years, and they will not cancel the last year of the "contract" until it is paid 90% in full. They put themselves first. Believe what you read. I hope they are not in business much longer, save yourself from this nightmare #customerslast.

Norma Guerrero Boise, ID

I really made a mistake choosing this company. No customer services at all waited almost 45 minutes for someone to tell me that I could just use double tape to replace my sensor. No other explanation. All adjustments have to be done ourselves and we pay them $54.99 month for basically nothing. It amazes me I pay waymore than what others are paying for the same service. I will be figuring out how to come up with the 90% to get them out of my house.

LeAnn Okeechobee, FL

I have had this security company for 4 yrs and 3month due the economy with people loosing their job due COVID. I need to lower my bills to feed my family. This one bill i thought I would be able to do without. GUESS WHAT THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO PAY $500 OR MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS TILL CONTRACT IS UP WHICH 9 months. This company does not care about Custmer’s this company would rather see families struggle and the almighty dollar. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

Shirley Petrovich Palestine, TX

When we first signed up with were told that they would buy out our contract with another alarm company. I have been fighting this for over a year now. Promised a front and back door monitor/door bell always told they were out of stock when asked about them. Know we are paying two alarm companies because of Alder not paying the other contract out. Would never use them again!

Tonya D Lynn Durham, NC

This company has the worst customer service EVER...after several weeks of trying to speak to someone in account service about cancelling my service I am continually speaking to someone who keeps putting me on hold or better yet dropping my call. When I first got the service I had questions and spoke to Kallie about my concerns, she extended my cancellation to 60days and gave me her direct phone number and ext. but now when I call it is never available. No wonder they have so many bad reviews.

Chet Jackson Memphis, TN

The absolute worst! I am reporting them to the BBB. Did not forward return packaging label and had the nerve to bill me for something I didn't use and upon speaking with several customer services representatives about cancelling my service and returning the equipment EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS LIED!!!! I a returning the equipment to the address on the label they sent the equipment in!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!!!

Carol Smith Louisville, KY

If I could I would give less than a one ! This has been a fraudulent company from the start, the person who set up my account said it was for one year when I told him I would not commit to 3 years and he scratched the 36 months out but when he turned it in it was automatically 36 months. I am attempting to cancel this service but this company makes it so difficult it takes months and you are still being charged. Worst company to work with. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!

Natasha Montgomery, AL

I have been trying to cancel my service for the last couple of weeks. Every time I called, I was transferred to different representatives trying to make me stay with the company. I ask for a manager they stated that someone will call me back. No One has yet to call me. They also stated that they would send a cancellation letter in the mail. I have not received that neither.

C Kirby Dallas, GA

This is the worst alarm company ever. My wife & I just sent 45 minutes on the phone getting the run around. Our story is just like every other bad review on this website. The customer service rep hung up the phone in my face. Please don’t ever do business with this company. I am going to my lawyer with this issue. PS Alder we have your bogus door to door sales rep on camera lying about the terms of your service.

Tim Louisville, KY

I have had to call numerous times and have asked to speak with a manager. It seams like i continue to get the run around about talking to a manager. This place has poor customer service. I have request to get a copy of my original contract weeks ago and i have not received it. I was also told that i have to pay over Thousand dollars to cancel the service. I am beyond upset with this company. It would be nice for someone to call me.

Reply from Alder

Hi Tim. Thanks for your review. Sorry that you have had this experience! If you haven't reached a resolution over the phone yet, you can reach us at and the proper dept can reach back out to you. Thanks again.

Nov. 8th, 2019

TRACY GALLO Hammond, LA

I wish I could give this company no stars. When I first signed up the rep told me that I could cancel at anytime with no penalties. When I called today to cancel customer service tells me I can't cancel that I have 60 months to be with them. Stay clear of these people no one should be forced to stay 5 years with any company. Very deceiving company and I can't wait to be done with them. This company and the reps are very deceiving and I would love to be added to a class action suit for them. The worst company I have ever worked with.

Reply from Alder

Hi Tracy. Thanks for your review. I checked your account and verified the welcome survey video that you did agree to 60 months, but feel free to email me any details you have about what your sales rep promised you: .

Oct. 7th, 2019

Shannon Birmingham, AL

Zero stars would be more suitable for this lying, deceiving,rude company. Their sales rep lied and said i had 60 days to decide if i wanted to keep their service, 1 month later I decided I didn't want their service and they refused to let me cancel. I complained to a manager who also refused to help me. They told me in order to get out of the contract pay 5 years worth of service or find someone else to take over the contract. They try to MAKE you keep their service against your own will. I can't wait to join the class action lawsuit against them. Please don't waste your time and money

Reply from Alder

Hi Shannon. Thanks for your review. Please feel free to contact me at so we can come to a resolution about this. We're happy to help. --Scott

Oct. 14th, 2019

Vasthi Perez Pasadena, TX

Had to rate 1 because zero or negative was not an option. This company has been awful to work with. They are not responsive and just plain don't care. I have been trying for months to get them to cancel my service since our contract with them has ended. Each time I call they just put me on hold for over 20 minutes and then drop the call. I have emailed, faxed and even confirmed they receive my cancellation notice within the time required. They now have collectors calling us and sending us delinquency notices with threats. They are the worst! Can wait to be rid of them!!!!

Reply from Alder

Thanks for leaving a review. We appreciate hearing from you, and we're glad you've told us of this experience, so that we can work for a resolution. Please feel free to contact me at with your Alder account number or phone number. Thanks. --Scott.

Oct. 7th, 2019

Judith Macon, MS

This company continues to bully me daily. I told the account collector that an account manager was supposed to be sending me documents to cancel my system. He demanded that I unfreeze my bank account and pay up. It would probably take months for Alder to cancel and in the meantime, I owed them. So, I am still being jerked around with this company.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. I checked your account, and one of our agents sent you the notice of cancellation for both of your accounts. Please call 844-442-5337 Ext 917 if you do not see them in the next few days.

Oct. 1st, 2019

MONA DABIDEEN Fort Lauderdale, FL

I HAVE HAD ALDER FOR 21/2 YEARS THEY TRIED TO SEND ME A CONTRACT FOR 5 YEARS WHICH I CHANGED IMMIDIATELY THEY TRANSFERRED MY E SIG TO A CONTRACT WHICH WAS ILEGAL THEN MY ALARM WENT OFF FOR 2DAYS BEFORE IT WAS TURNEDOFF AFTER THE POLICE CAME SINCE THEY HAVE BILLED ME EVEN I HAD NO SERVICE THEN TREATENED TO TURN ME TO THIRD PARTY UNALBLE TOTALK WITH THEM THEY ARE DISHONEST COMPANY MONADABIDEEN

Reply from Alder

Hi Mona. Thanks for leaving a review, and for letting us know your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at if you have any further concerns or questions.

Sep. 30th, 2019

Janet Alabaster, AL

I tried to cancel my contract at the end of the term. Requested 4 times during the same conversation that I wanted it cancelled. They kept offering better deals which I kept turning down and told her again to cancel. I called back the next day to verify account was canceled. Stayed on hold for over one hour and still no response. Finally hung up and am sending a letter. NEVER again will I do business with this company.

Reply from Alder

Hi Janet. Thanks for your review. Feel free to reach out to me at with your Alder account number so I can make sure we get this resolved for you. Or, you can call 844-442-5337 Ext 752 and speak to a resolutions agent.

Aug. 19th, 2019

Welsey F. Columbus, OH

I have been over 3 hours trying to get support to help me install my new system as the glass break system is not connecting and therefor i am unable to get the protection as promised and they claim to have 24/7 support but no one is answering but the call center and they transfer me back to the alder system. WILL be canceling first thing in the morning.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm sorry you've had this experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at or, call 844-442-5337 Ext 752 to reach a resolutions agent directly. --Scott

Aug. 13th, 2019

Garry Grand Prairie, TX

Called 10 days out from end of contract to cancel. was told by customer service rep that it would cancel on 7/11/2019 will no more ACH payments taken out. New payment taken out on 7/11/2019 for $53.98. Just called Customer service and was told our service had not been canceled. They also will not refund payment. They also refused to let me talk to a supervisor. They are e-mailing me a form they say I haven't filled out to cancel account. If they had told me about this form 10 days ago i would had it done. Sorry service!!!!!

Reply from Alder

Garry, thanks for your review. I appreciate your honest feedback. If this concern still has not been resolved, please reach out to us at 844-442-5337 Ext 752 or . We do need a signed notice of cancellation before we close the account. An agent at Ext 752 can make sure things get squared away for you. -Scott

Jul. 30th, 2019

Pam Reseda, CA

I would not recommend this company to anyone. I just tried to cancel my plan and they are telling that after my 5 YEAR contract that I was locked into another 5 years because I did not contact them at the time of 5 years. I did not receive any type of notification that it was coming up and to offer if I wanted to renew or not. I will find a way out of it one way or another as this is a scam to get peoples money.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. We're happy to review your account with you and see what we can do for you. Feel free to email us at , or call 844-442-5337 Ext 752. Thanks again for your patience.

May. 21st, 2019

M. White Huntsville, AL

No star I see Im not the only one on the 5yrs screwing. I have paid on time for 5 year now I'm being played with trying to cancel I faxed a cancelation letter Monday as they asked call to see if they received it guess what no fax received called back Wednesday still no fax but now I find out my written letter is no good they have to send a form in order to cancel. Called Monday and not until Wednesday they tell me about the form then they play as though no one new better. It should not be this hard to cancel after your contract is up.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. Sorry things have gone this way. Feel free to contact us at so that we can come to a better understanding of your frustrations and fix things with you.

May. 16th, 2019

BEWARE!!! DeSoto, TX

SCAM!!! I sent end my written cancellation notice as stated on my original documents. This was done two months prior to cancellation. I still received an unauthorized charge. I emailed, called over 20 times to be told I was on a month to month and would be sent a cancellation form which never came! Lol scam! at the end I contacted the BBB , my credit card company, had to cancel my card completely! And disconnect the system myself , removed the sign!! Yes all that!!! PLEASE BEWARE AND INFORM OTHERS!!!

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. Sorry this has been your experience! Please feel free to email us at with your Alder account number or phone number so that we can work to resolve this for you.

May. 10th, 2019

Craig Daniel Powder Springs, GA

We have used alder for the past 2 years and their customer service just sucks. We had called them on 2 separate occasions and they were supposed to be sending someone to my house to fix the issues but they never showed up or even called. That is very unprofessional.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. I apologize that there have been service issues for you. Please let us know any other concerns you have at , and then we can work towards a resolution for you.

Apr. 10th, 2019

Linda South Bay, FL

This company does not come out to service their equipment. They will schedule you for weeks away and on the day that they're suppose to show up, they won't. The only thing that this company is good for is debuting money from their customers accounts. They pushed their way into homes to make the sales with all kinds of promises and when you need them to make a service call they won't. I will refuse to do business with these people they tell too many lies. Don't waste your money with these people.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. Sorry for this experience you've had! Please contact us at so that we can rectify these issues and come to a resolution! Thanks again. -Scott

Apr. 10th, 2019