Alder

5.1

major rip off California City, CA

I had Alder security starting in 2013 and I knew the contract was for 5 years. Just recently (March 2019) I called to cancel service and they told me that I couldn't because my contract autorenewed in 2018 for 60 months. They tell me they can't do anything about it. I did check the contract and it does have a 60 month renewal in the fine print ,but what contracts autorenew for 5 years! Now I'm stuck paying $54.99 a month for another 5 years.That seems really sneaky to me.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. Sorry for the frustration! Please feel free to reach out to us at so we can check over your account and answer any questions you have. --Scott

Mar. 26th, 2019

J Monticello, AR

Alder stinks!! I’m stuck in a 5 year contract, which the salesman told me was only a year, and I’m paying a ridiculous price for a system that does not function correctly! I hate the company and the alarm!!!! I do not recommend to anyway. If you are thinking of using this company, DON’T DO IT!!!! The salesman sales you a load of bull! They tell you one thing and do an entirely different thing. Unfortunately, you’re tied up in something that you don’t want to be in because you signed. Don’t fall for the three day cancellation , it is literally signing your money away!

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your honest review! Sorry to hear this--please feel free to contact us at with your Alder account number or phone number so that we can come to a resolution. Or, you can call 844-442-5337 Ext 730. Thanks again! --Scott

Mar. 6th, 2019

Jeannie salle Airway Heights, WA

This is the biggest scam we have ever seen. They come in your home and make promises they dont keep. They stole from us and then sent another rep to say sorry, that guy was fired. They never brought all the equipment but charged our account every month. The equipment we did get almost never worked. Couldn't get anything resolved. They call everyday 3 to 4 times and harass us for more money. They have threatened us, most of them barely speak English.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Jeannie. Please let us know any other concerns you have by contacting us at with your Alder account number or phone number. Then, we can come to a resolution. Thanks again for your time! --Scott

Mar. 12th, 2019

Charles Martin Madison, AL

Just found out they took over company I had purchased agreement with. lightning took out system and no one called to see if we were okay. I had to call them but being on a Sunday no one monitors their equipment on Sundays so by the way all you thieves out there knock out their system on a Sunday wait about one hour for the battery to go dead and the house is yours. Cancel as fast as you can from this place and get rid of their sign out front.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. Sorry for this happening! Please feel free to email us at if you have any further concerns we need to know about. We're happy to make sure your system is working properly.

Jun. 6th, 2019

Nelson Greenville, MS

Horrible, they tricked my father into signing a contract in which he is blind with a third grade education they said was a verbal agreement. Then they proceeds to state we could not discontinue we had to pay 90℅ of the contract or get it transfered. Ive asked for a copy of the contract they catch not produce any yet. The system does not work they refuse to stop the payment and they refuse to fix it. I am currently getting paper work with my lawyer to get this matter solved and I will not stop until I get an answer. DO NOT GET ALDER I REPEAT! THEY TRULY DON'T CARE.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review and honesty. We are glad to hear from you, and we apologize you have had this experience so far. Please know we are happy to fix the system and resolve your concerns. Feel free to contact us at with your father's Alder account number or phone number. Thanks again. --Scott

Feb. 8th, 2019

Patricia Green Baytown, TX

I called the company due to my husband cancer had to cancel.They said ok so i shipped my equipment back which i did.Well i kept getting 64.59 deducted from my bank account after speaking with the bank they have been still taking out the payment plus they have possession of the equipment.The agent stated they where going to give me the 64.59 back but not the over draft fee.But i did nothing wrong is this how you do ppl.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Patricia. Please allow us to make sure we resolve this issue for you. We invite you to email us at with your phone number or Alder account number, and we will respond as quick as we can.

Jan. 24th, 2019

Linda. Kuemerle Canton, OH

I already posted a review on Alder on 12/10 ,which was immediately responded to by Alder. I sent back the info to where they requested . Scott said they wanted to address the problem,it is noe 12/ 19 and I have not heard from the company. My complaint was on the poor customer service that they provide. They do not do what they promise, it’s a maze of transfers on phone, followed by untruths. The only people who return your call is the sales people. After they get your order they just don’t care.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Linda. I appreciate the time you took to write this review, and I want to ensure we come to a resolution. Please contact us at with your Alder account numbers and/or phone number. I'd like to work with the department that was last helping you so we can resolve your concerns. Thanks again. --Scott

Dec. 10th, 2018

Donald LaFlamme Gulfport, MS

We signed a 5-year contract with ADP in August 2014; Alder got the contract about a year later. There's an 82-year-old veteran in the house who sometimes sets off the alarm; when that happened, ADP always checked in to make sure all was well--Alder has never checked in. The contract we signed was apparently only to make sure they get their money, not to make sure we stay protected. Don't waste your money or your hope on this company or its people, better to pay a neighbor to keep an eye out when you're gone.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this, and to hear how you feel about your experience. We'd like to work with you towards a resolution. Please contact us at so we can discuss your concerns in a bit more detail. Thanks again. --Scott

Dec. 10th, 2018

Susan Reinhart Boyce, LA

This company in my opinion is a fraud,they set a system up in my home and it never worked,not to mention when I called to cancel and sent in my certificate of cancellation NOTHING was done,in fact they are threatening to turn my account over to a collection agent now. I called just a week after installation to cancel talked to a supervisor and all and still nothing but threats. Please be aware of these people even if you follow the guide lines they still screw you.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Susan. I'd like to make sure your concerns get taken care of. Please contact us at so that we can go over the details of your account. -Scott

Oct. 24th, 2018

Crystal Norris Gadsden, AL

My door was kicked in back in July. Alder did not tell officers to ask for a verbal password! I have been trying to cancel since. My alarm system hasn't worked since due to the key pad being smashed and door sensor being knock completely off. I am still being charged 60 each month for services that I am not using and Alder is continuing to tell me to hold to look in further to my account with no resolution. My next step is a lawyer! This is ridiculous, and I advise NO ONE TO USE THERE services!

Reply from Alder

Crystal, thank you for your review. I apologize for what has happened. Please reach out to us at so that we can make sure your concerns are fully resolved. Thanks again. --Scott

Sep. 18th, 2018

Charlotte Leach Decatur, AL

I ve been trying to cancel my account. After 4 transfers, 50 minutes, I am told by an account representative: We can only send a cancellation by USPS. No overnight, no email.no credit card payment. I never engage the system. Batteries die and beep. The equipment becomes unusual and beep. It is hot wired into my house and I can only shut it off for a week.

Reply from Alder

Hi Charlotte. Thank you for your review. Sorry this has been your experience so far! I'd like to make sure we resolve your concerns. Looks like we mailed out a cancellation form for you just earlier today. You can watch for that in the mail, but also, feel free to email us at so we can make sure things get taken care of. Thanks again. --Scott

Sep. 14th, 2018

Marcus Hanna Wellston, OK

The system installed is not what I was told I would be receiving and the 2 year contract was actually a 5 year. The smoke alarm goes off at random times even if I set it outside in the fresh air ( I live in the country so it really is fresh air). Unfortunately I didn't catch it being a 5 year contract because the sales rep who came to my house told me it was only a 2 year and I trusted him like an idiot. Now if I want to cancel they want 90% of the remaining charges for the service that I don't even use so I am just stuck with it for now. Over all I wouldn't suggest this service to anyone.

Reply from Alder

Hi Marcus. Thanks for your review. Sorry you feel this way so far! I'd like to help resolve your concerns concerning the agreement length and the smoke detector. Please reach out to us at with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again. --Scott

Sep. 4th, 2018

Katrina Ruth Longmont, CO

Alder continues to bill us monthly after we cancelled more than a year ago. They have now provided 13 months of refunds because they have not been able to stop the continued billed despite acknowledging that they did receive our cancellation in writing in May2017. This month, again, I received an additional automatic draft for Alder. I have to take time from MY business day to call during their billing department's hours to solve THEIR issue. It is frustrating and seems never ending. Do Not Use this company.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. I apologize for your frustration. We want to make sure we send another month's refund to you as soon as possible. Please call our account resolutions team at 844-442-5337 Ext 752. Thanks again!

Aug. 6th, 2018

Debra Hall Lexington, SC

A young man came to my house to see about putting a sign in my yard in order to advertise their business. He talked his way in the door and kept pushing his service. He didn't mention that in order to install the sign we had to sign up for the service to last for 3 years and also put a card on file. He was really pushy when I refused to put my card on file. He then left without giving me any information on how to contact the company for later on questions. In my opinion this is not the way to earn customers.

Reply from Alder

Debra, thanks for your review. We appreciate your thoughts. But we also apologize this has been your experience so far! Please feel free to reach out to us at with your phone number or account number so that we can resolve any concerns you still may have. Also, our number is 844-442-5337 for your reference. Thanks again.

Jul. 30th, 2018

Brittany Monongahela, PA

If I could give 0 stars I would. Our salesperson told us to give him a month’s notice if we ever want to cancel. We haven’t been able to contact him since he sold us our system which was 7 months ago. Customer service is a joke and told us there is nothing they can do about it. Terrible service, I wouldn’t want anyone to get this security system. A waste of money for months because no one will help us cancel our service.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. I apologize that this has been your experience so far. I'd like to change that and get things rolling more smoothly for you. Please, reach out to us at with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again.

Gwendolyn Hart Kensett, AR

Was considering this company today and I’m glad I did not! The pitch was good but once I looked into it more I decided not to let them install anything! I told them to cancel it immediately and I will follow up and make sure it is and that they do not charge my account for anything. When the guy came to do the install he was unsure about how to do it big red flag!

Reply from Alder

Gwendolyn, thanks for your review. Sorry this has been your experience! We'd like to make sure we resolve your concerns as they relate to the installation. Feel free to email us at so that we can get some more details as to what happened. Thanks again. --Scott

Jul. 5th, 2018

David Vernon Dallas, TX

Very professional and respectful. Their presentation was practically perfect and something we already had been considering. After care is quality.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review and feedback, David! Always glad to hear from you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Jun. 5th, 2018

Linda C. King Crossett, AR

Everything went very smoothly. It was presented to us in a very professional manner & we were very impressed with the product.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for leaving a review, Linda. Happy to hear your feedback. Welcome to the Alder family!

Jun. 5th, 2018

Veronica Puente Dallas, TX

Brad was very knowledgeable and explained everything in a details without leaving any unanswered questions. He was awesome to deal.

Reply from Alder

Veronica--thanks for your review. We're happy that Brad did a great job for you! Let us know if you need anything!

Jun. 1st, 2018

Earl Brown Newport News, VA

They were very professional and polite. The tech installed my equipment and showed me how to do everything. Highly recommended

Reply from Alder

Earl, thank you for leaving a review. We're happy you are satisfied with your Alder system. Let us know if you ever need anything!

May. 14th, 2018

Doug Skipper Jonesboro, AR

Alder is a terrible company and uses con men to sell its products. We had to sign a five-year contract and when we moved to an apartment they moved our system and added one year to our contract without our consent. Several times our alarm was triggered but were never contacted. Representatives are very rude and have atendency to lie to customers. Stay away from this criminal enterprise. They will screw you and steal your money.

Reply from Alder

Hi Doug. Thanks for your review. We always appreciate and value our customers' feedback, and that includes yours. We are sorry that you've had this kind of experience with Alder so far. Please know you can reach out to us at with your phone number or account number so that we can come to a speedy resolutions for these concerns. Thank you again.

Apr. 10th, 2018

Jim allison Tyler, TX

Sales and technical installation were both very professional. I will recommend Alder systems to all my family and friends.

Reply from Alder

Hi Jim. Thanks for leaving a review! We're grateful to hear from you and hope you enjoy your Alder system!

Jun. 1st, 2018

JOHNNY WATSON Pine Bluff, AR

HE explained everything in full details. That makes things a lot better instead of half doing things. I appreciate that.

Reply from Alder

Johnny, we appreciate your review and feedback! We are glad that your Alder rep was very thorough in discussing the system with you. Let us know if you ever need anything.

Louise Johnson Warrenton, GA

This is the worst security company. The are targeting the elderly in rural areas. This company is getting elderly people to sign up not knowing they are locked into a contract for five years. There customer service is really bad. You will be a minimum of 20 minutes to speak with someone who can not assist you. My 90 yr old mother has been scammed. She can't afford $50 a month on a fixed income, and she can't cancel. Bad company.

Reply from Alder

Hi Louise. Thanks for your review! Honest feedback means a lot to us at Alder. We apologize for the experience you and your mother have had so far. Please feel free to contact us at with your mother's account number or phone number so that we can clear away your concerns and help your mother feel more comfortable with her system.

gladys fields

The salesman said that my price was good for as long as I keep the system, but by the time I agreed to get the system, and signed the contract, it was only good for five years, So does that mean I have to keep them for five-years ?

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Gladys. If you have specific questions about your agreement or price, feel free to contact us at with your account number or phone number. We'd love to make sure you're satisfied with your Alder system!

Shelia Caison

They have always followed up and are very helpful.

Angel

No issues so far, easy to set and relaible system

Thomas George Goebel

very good and courteous and very helpful and knowledgeable

Teresa

A bit disappointing that I wasn’t explained the different contracts before signing updated

Duran Parkin Stone Mountain, GA

I ask them numerous of times to get back to me to fix my panel and the cameras and no one has yet to call me. But they call daily for payment though.

Marshall Cohen Charleston, SC

Excellent good service and customer service

Linda Rojas Fort Meade, FL

Marvelous no issues with connection or surveillance.

William Bodemer Bodfish, CA

Real Response, Fast Alerts, easy installation for home

Kelly Amous Oklahoma City, OK

They have a quick response and call back

Marla Thomas Killeen, TX

Alder has been the best experience out of other alarm

Maria Droddy Humble, TX

Great! any time my alarm goes off I get checked on.

Branden nava San Antonio, TX

Its an awesome security service easy to install.

Roger Bon Wasilla, AK

Camera is beneficial in monitoring driveway and front porch.

Mr. Stafford Fort Bragg, NC

Waste of money could have bought all the items from Best Buy. Customer service failed to help with the equipment issues.

Carrie Shockley Summerville, SC

Not a very good experience. Customer service is not helpful. Equipment is cheap.

Ronald Roberts Florence, SC

Easy to install with good service with any questions

Christine Mullen Daytona Beach, FL

Great customer service and I love feeling safe in home

Jay Columbus, OH

Excellent service, easy to install and to operate.

Anthony Blue Springs, MO

Professional!!!!! Perfect operation so far. Very thorough.

LaFondra Dallas, TX

They are good in trustworthy good customer service

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback, and we're happy that you feel this way!

Apr. 10th, 2019

Stella V Carpenter

Great customer service, Always polite and very helpful

Reply from Alder

Stella, thanks for your review!

Wanda Price

They provide Excellent service every time.

Reply from Alder

Hi Wanda. Thank you for leaving a review!

DiRhonda Gosey

Great company very good customer service

Reply from Alder

Hi, thank you for leaving a review!

Jul. 21st, 2018

Robin Mcginnis Spokane, WA

This Alder system is a great deal. They have been very friendly and prompt.

Reply from Alder

Robin, thank you for taking time for leaving a review!

Jul. 11th, 2018

Kristine

They never come check equipment have had one guy stop only because I seen him on the road

Reply from Alder

Hi Kristine. Thanks for your review! We apologize for that. Please reach out to us at with your phone number or account number so that we can fix that and make sure you get technical help whenever you need it.

Jul. 10th, 2018