Alder

5.1

Wanda Smith

They're always there when you need them. I don't really know anything about the equipment, but it's been satisfactory.

Reply from Alder

Hello, Wanda. Thanks for your feedback and review. We're happy you chose Alder. Please reach out to us if you need help or advice on using the system!

Mary oman

Equipment is out of date. Lots of false alarms. When you call them you go through 4 it 5 different people and you still get no correct answer. Alarm was going off and they could not shut it off and could not come out for 5 days. Unacceptable.

Reply from Alder

Hi Mary. Thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear this has been your experience. Please reach out to us at with your phone number or Alder account number, so that we can make sure your concerns are resolved. I want to make things right going forward. Thanks! --Scott

Jul. 2nd, 2018

Josephine Alder Spokane, WA

It's convenient for me to use and to understand. It's also easier to take care of than my last security system.

Sandra Tozay Uniontown, AL

When someone tried to get in my house Alder was right on time and didn't take long to get in touch with the police.

Reply from Alder

Sandra, we appreciate your review. Enjoy using your Alder system!

Loretta Matlock Fordyce, AR

When my alarm went off they promptly came over to check up on me. I really appreciate that promptness.

Ray Lacey Jackson, MS

When they came and installed everything they really explained how everything worked. The equipment is very good and up to date.

Reply from Alder

Hi Ray, thanks for your review! We're glad you chose Alder, and we hope you enjoy your system! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Elizabeth John Winnsboro, LA

Every time I've called Alder to get something fixed they were always on time. Their equipment is also very good.

Reply from Alder

Glad to hear your feedback, Elizabeth! Thanks for choosing Alder.

Bernadine Decherd, TN

Service was good....customer service is the worst I've ever experienced for a service that I paid for. I literally had to hang up on the rep because she wouldn't take NO that I did not want to renew my service. Wished I had read the reviews before signing up for your service!!! Hope I dont' have to retain a layer to end this. I did my part and paid for the 5 years I signed up for. Never missed or late on a payment, now do your part and honor my wishes to end this!

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Bernadine! Sorry to hear you've had this experience over the phone. I see that we're sending you a notice of cancellation for you to sign and return. We will be able to cancel your account once we receive it back from you. Please call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 917 if you have any questions, or go ahead and email me directly at .

Sep. 30th, 2019

B Juergens Saint Paul, MN

In The 2 months we started with Alder I have spent many hours on tech support calls. We had Brinks and no problem, but Alder could do more and charge less , the sales guy said . It was a 60 month contract not 36 months . It is cheaper but I have spent so much time it was not worth the savings . The techs have all been very patient and helpful trying to solve issues with false alarms and inaccurate information on panel and Changing sensors . I am very frustrated with spending so much time and I am Not sure the system will work with all the sensors working while in away mode . I’m very sorry now that I switched!

Reply from Alder

Thanks for leaving an honest review. I apologize you've had this type of experience. We aim to improve it as soon as we can. Please feel free to email if you have any more concerns we need to address.

Aug. 23rd, 2019

alicia morales Houston, TX

The sales rep are very friendly I was aware of the 60months contract, unfortunately I was under a contract with Brinks and Alder could not pay off the whole contract decided to cancel with the 3 days with Alder no issue just the long hold times to talk to someone other then that they are true and honest with their fees so its mind blowing how so many people just don't read the contracts. You get one in person and by email.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Alicia. We appreciate your feedback. Sorry you had experienced long hold times, but because of your review, we will strive to improve on that going forward. Let us know if you need anything. --Scott

Jul. 3rd, 2019

David Creson Milton-Freewater, OR

Was offered a home security system by a rep of Alder about a year ago. While the equipment, instalation sevice, and operation has been fine, the reprecentive was dishonest. No paper copy of contact was provided. We were asked to sign a tablet after represintive told uswhat was there, many key points were untrue. Turns out this is a 60 month contract not 24 as he said ( wife as witness) Charges applyed are way higher than web sight quote. Cancellation clauses were never covered,etc. Because Alder did NOT provide two copies of written contract as stated which is a breach of contract, and because rep. Lied to us, I will be turning this over to my lawyer soon. Regards David Creson

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. I apologize for how you feel. I'd be happy to help resolve your concerns. Please feel free to email us at . If you could share a bit more detail regarding what your sales rep said during the set-up, that would be great!

Jun. 11th, 2019

Lawrence S. Soldotna, AK

I was originally an AP customer; however Alder bought them out and so this review reflects the experience I have had with Alder. One. Customer service is sales driven only and not there to HELP a customer. My fire alarm/freeze alarm went bad, a week before I was heading out of town for the holidays. I tried calling and no calls were returned, I also tried contacting on their website. I never heard back nor wa there any follow up. So lifetime warranty of equipment and 24/7 service help was a LIE. once my contract was up my phone has been non stop calls about new deals and rates allIhave to do is sign into another contract! I even explained my past experience and this was met with no apologies or even a token credit! Another thing that surprised me is that when Alder took over I was not not notified; only caught the change on my bill! upon calling it was explained and I asked for new placars and stickers for my house, rep said they would send out right away! I am currently trying to cancel my service and I still have not been able to successfully do that simple task! I have called and left emails; now I start to leave stunning reviews online! Needless to say I still have AP placards and stickers on my house. morale of story do NOT do business with this company

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Lawrence. We appreciate your candor and thoroughness. Sorry you have been through this experience so far! We'd be happy to make things smoother going forward. Please reach out to us at with your Alder account number or phone number so we can come to a resolution for you. Thanks again. -Scott

Mar. 12th, 2019

Terese Columbia, SC

My house was broken into this weekend. I missed the called from the rep but immediately called back because I was out of town. I took a long time to get a rep on the phone about 5 minutes or so. After reaching someone she told me they had to call everyone on my contact list and send an email before dispatching the police. Not sure why police was not notified after I didn’t answer. I thank God I wasn’t home but if I was it could have been bad with the time delay of Alder. The robbers got away with a 60 inch tv and a laptop. And they completely destroyed the alarm panel. I called to get a replacement was told it will be a two day shipping, called back to verify after two days now they say it’s a four day shipping after it gets approved of which it hasn’t been approved. I asked to speak to the person who approves and was told that an email will be sent to them. So I didn’t get to speak with higher authority. I feel very uncomfortable being in my home with no security at all. Looking to go elsewhere if not resolved.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear you've had this experience! We'd like to make sure we resolve things for you. Please contact us at so we can go into a bit more detail and fix this. Thanks again for your time. --Scott

Nov. 28th, 2018

Mimi Birmingham, AL

Got a my mother's system installed about 2 weeks ago. Skyler was awesome. We got great customer service. If you all had a scale 1 to 10 and 10 being the highest. I would have given him a 10.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Mimi! Glad to hear Skyler did a great job! Welcome to the Alder family.

Jul. 31st, 2018

Lyndia L Thornton Martinsville, VA

Very professional and very good explanations for using equipment. The two gentlemen were very polite and courteous. Thy took plenty of time so as to explain everything so it was understood.

Reply from Alder

Hi Lyndia. Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear your feedback. Hope you enjoy using your Alder system!

Jun. 5th, 2018

Martha Spurrier Virginia Beach, VA

I need printed information on how to access my system, etc. It is impossible to remember everything that was covered by the technicians when they installed my system. I am afraid to hit buttons. I thought there would be more printed information but there isn't.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Martha. If you'd like to receive printed material to help you use the system, feel free to call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 725, or email us at with your account number or phone number. We'd love to make sure you feel comfortable with your system going forward!

May. 17th, 2018

Chauncey Davis Chesapeake, VA

The installation process went very smoothly without any issues. The technician was very professional and helpful. He also was also done in about 45 minutes. I like the fact that I am also saving money and my system was upgraded. I had a great experience.

Reply from Alder

Chauncey, thanks for your review. We appreciate your thoughts on the process and are glad that you chose Alder. Welcome to the Alder family!

May. 3rd, 2018

mike caldwell Houston, TX

The sales rep (Neil) was very professional and informative. He answered all of my questions and was very knowledgeable of the system. The installation Tech's was also great. They were done in less that 30 minutes

Reply from Alder

Mike, thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear that you had a quick and professional set-up with our representatives. Let us know if you ever need anything!

Apr. 5th, 2018

Suzette Wildwood, FL

Well,the sellsman CAME to my door,which I felt was late evening,but he was,so we'll mannered,THAT I had to take the system,AN HE was very Knowledgeable,AN Convincing.Thank you Alder.

Reply from Alder

Hi Suzette. Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear your Alder rep was kind and courteous. We know you will enjoy the safety and peace of mind that an Alder system brings to your home.

Apr. 4th, 2018

Dazian Smith Nashville, TN

Bamboozled into a 5 year contract when I was told it was only 12 months. Reached out multiple times and explained that I would be homeless and had no use for the system and they suggested that i pay the 2 grand to cancel:) as if I had 2 grand. Lies, lies, lies. Not upfront about costs at all. Mediocre security and helpless support.

Mayo Holloway

My experience has been great,I have been pleased ever since I got Alder,Great customer service

Christina

I’ve had a frustrating experience. Long wait times consistently with customer service and technicians. Feels very small scale and not on the same level as ADT.

Grant D

Good so far, but I think the follow up after the sale has been sub standard. No one called to follow up on product performance

Private

Hard to get in touch with and it’s like buying a car, they’ll promise and tell you anything to sell the product and very pushy. You do it now or you don’t get it no research possible

Kathy Palmer, MI

very positive all representatives are very friendly and well informed about the products

Deborah Hunt Saint George, UT

Very good. Feeling very assured, if we were to get burgled, they would deter them.

Terrance Johnson Columbus, GA

Great I love this company I love everything that this company bring and does for their customers

Sherice Baton Rouge, LA

It's been great! I receive all alerts and when I call Customer Service, they are always helpful.

Annie Blunt Monroe, LA

I am dissatisfied with this service. It's not working properly, it keeps going off at night and says it is a miscalculation, it's a failure. I don't think they are trustworthy.

Reply from Alder

Annie, thanks for your review! We're glad you chose Alder.

anonymous Otis Orchards, WA

Everything's working fine. I haven't gotten used to the touch screen panel yet, and it has some problems turning off.

Edsorena Reed Stuttgart, AR

They're quick and reliable. They do everything they're supposed to do to make me comfortable.

Reply from Alder

Edsorena, thanks for your review! Glad you're happy with the system and services.

Sherri Williams Lubbock, TX

They were professional. They were knowledgeable of what was going on and just wanted to serve.

Reply from Alder

Sherri, thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing your feedback.

E. Springfield

I haven't had any trouble with it, it's easy to manage. We feel really comfortable with it.

Reply from Alder

Thank you for your review! Glad to have you among the Alder family.

William Taylor

Communication is good, there have been no problems with the technical or customer support

Reply from Alder

William, thanks for leaving us a quick review!

Gerald Haynes

The salesman was very convincing, and this is the best equipment that I have seen.

Reply from Alder

Gerald--we're grateful for your review!

Deborah Springer

It's easy to operate, and they help me with all the things I have an issue with.

Reply from Alder

Hi Deborah, thanks for your review. Glad to have you join the Alder family!

Henry Bonner Roanoke, AL

The equipment got old and they never replaced it. They act like a bunch of mafia people and make you do things you don't wanna do. They have a C- on the Better Business Bureau and I think it should be lower than that.

Terry Holloway Bessemer, AL

Alder has a fast response when the alarm goes off, and it's fairly easy to operate.

Michael Beamon Portsmouth, VA

Alder was friendly, open, and honest. They were also very fast and on time for the installation.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for the feedback, Michael. We are glad yo chose Alder for your home protection!

Miguel Reed Portsmouth, VA

The cameras are pretty good in quality, I wish I could see the last thing that happened in the panel but I don't think they have that feature yet.

Reply from Alder

Miguel, thanks for your review. We are glad you chose Alder. Please reach out to us if you have any questions about the cameras--our tech support can be reached at 844-442-5337 Ext 731. Thanks again!

Dan Haberer Eden, NC

The cost is reasonable. The salesman did not make good on promises to provide services my previous provider was giving us. They insist on a crazy 5 year contract. If you move they expect you to start the 5 years over again. So you can continue paying for a house that you no longer live in, pay off the remaining term of the contract or reup for 5 years. Still waiting for them to come out to my new home. 2 weeks without a word. Worst decision I've made in the past few years was to agree to go with Alder Home Security. If there was an option to give zero stars, i would have.

Brenna F Colorado Springs, CO

Products are mediocre and they require cellular service to connect to dispatch (which we lacked due to living in the CO mountains). Customer service is unhelpful and, very frequently, dismissive and rude. We canceled our service due to lack of cellular coverage (not people able to connect to 911-dispatch was a deal-breaker) within 2 weeks of starting our trial and attempted to initiate the cancellation process so we would be reimbursed for the expensive upfront cost of equipment. Here we are 10 months later, still being billed and penalized (what Alder calls "bounce fees") for trying to cancel payments/service on our end because their customer service can't seem to cancel our account. We returned our equipment and were promised full reimbursement for that... still haven't seen a dime there. And our account is still "active" and being billed $60/month even though we never effectively set up our equipment and no longer own it - and, to our knowledge, we have canceled the service TWICE. I was billed as recently as yesterday, unbelievable. We have spoken to a different account rep to cancel our account 3x now over the last 10 months. And one customer service representative we spoke to, in particular, (I wish I could remember her name), refused to help me. She told me I owed a "bounce fee" that I have never been notified about (email or USPS mail) and refused to transfer me to the right department/person to cancel my account. She said I needed to settle the "bounce fee" to be transferred to the Accounts department or even to speak with her supervisor. Even though I can clearly see that I have been billed every month for the last 10 months on my credit card statements. And after I hung up with her and redialed the customer service number, the "bounce fee" was never mentioned. Most frustrating customer service call I have ever experienced. This company is the biggest scam when it comes to ending your service; they refuse to let you go. We've probably lost close to $1000 all-in "trying" this security service out and we still don't know if our 3rd attempt to cancel the service will succeed. Working with this company has been the biggest headache. SAVE YOUR MONEY and go with SIMPLISAFE. We have been with SimpliSafe since trying to cancel this service almost a year ago and it's cheaper, doesn't need a cell signal to connect to dispatch (just wifi), and is less than half the cost. I will never recommend this service to anyone I know. I will actively advise against it. I hope no one has to endure an experience like we have had - which is why I can't recommend enough taking your business elsewhere! DO NOT USE ALDER.

Vicki Richmond, TX

If I could do negative stars, I would. This company has the worst customer service. I called and was told my contract expired and then when I called to try and cancel my service because I've been unhappy with the service I was told my contract had auto renewed. Clearly not true and they refused to cancel. They lied about my fire alarms being connected to the alarm, lied about extending my contract when I added a camera. The doorbell camera is horrible. It has a sensor that keeps breaking so hasn't worked in months. The panel has a battery that keeps reading low battery and they can't fix so that stupid thing keeps going off. This is the worst company to do business with. Company trustworthiness is a JOKE.

Reece Bernard Atlanta, GA

I got the package they offered and realized it was not enough to protect my home. I called to ask about purchasing more equipment. The rep I was talking to would not answer any of my questions and kept repeating the same bullet points clearly from a script. They are pretty cheap so for value I gave them a 3 When talking to a rep and deciding on my package I was given something that clearly would not fit my needs, so for quality I would give a 2. Customer service was terrible. I did call at 8am EST so maybe the Utah center is better. The seller sold me a product that clearly would not fit my needs, the company allows you to opt out of selling your personal information, but there is a 45 day wait period. I tried to do the easy return for your money and told me I have to wait to return it and get my money back. I wish I could give a zero for Company trustworthiness.

Joyce Hernandez Crockett, TX

Alder is the worst alarm system ever. I've been with them 2or3 weeks and my system don't work properly. They want me to wait 2 months before they send someone out to fix it. They guy name Christopher C want respond to my calls. Someone was supposed to come out today. No one showed up. I hate I ever i signed up with alder. So I will tell everyone to think twice before signing up with this company. They will charge you for everything. They said they wasn't going to charge me until they fix it. I'll see cause their word ain't worth nothing.

Royd Fort Wainwright, AK

I only used 1 star because there is nothing lower. Customer service is terrible, you spend most of your time on hold. I can never seem to contact who I need to contact or return calls to. I never speak to the same person twice. I was contacted this summer to renew my contract, I declined renewal only to find out that I already had an active contract after the fact. Why would Alder contact me to renew if I was already in the middle of an active contract? Seems like they do not know what is going on. If you can get someone to your house for repairs it will cost you a contract renewal. I have had a contract with Alder and have had nothing but frustrations with customer service, repair AND they take it upon themselves to charge your credit card without your approval!! If you do business with Alder BEWARE ! Do not sign anything! Do not subscribe to their service.

Becca Boyd Winchester, KY

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS SYSTEM! The alarms will not stay on doors and they will not fix this issue. They ask you to pick 3 windows to put an alarm on, leaving all other windows without one. They refuse to acknowledge this problem, but continue to charge you every month for over a year. They will take your money regardless if they are providing services. There are not any alarms on my doors or windows, the camera do not work, and the fire alarm was constantly going off, so I had to take it down. Still does not work. Horrible services, products, and customer service! They also lie about their products.

Angela White Trussville, AL

My system is not working properly ever since the technician came out and installed our doorbell monitor. I called alder for help and the tech i spoke to had me to go to main panel and put some numbers in the system seems to be back on track but little did I know he told me how to bypass the sensors that I was having trouble with instead of helping me to fix the problem. I woke up the next morning with my system going off.... I realized that the system was not fixed but the tech deceive me. I call alder back and requested a tech to come out to my residence and not only is it going to be over a month before they can come but they are also charging us 40.00 to come... I can't wait to get out of my contract with them

Angela Branham Georgetown, SC

This company has the worst customer service. And I work in customer service so I know both sides. Once you are in the 60 month contract you will never see a person again. When one of our monitors went out , I could not get anyone, even after 4 phone call to come look at it. I was finally sent a new monitor and advised to install it myself. Even after I advised the rep that my husband and i were elderly and not in good health. I advised the monitor was high up on the wall and neither one of us should be getting on a chair or step ladder to replace. I was advised nothing they can do unless e pay a fee for someone to come out to replace their malfunctioning equipment. Every time I call it is the wrong number the first two transfers. No one will advise me when my contract is up. (No one has that information). I have it though. Monitor will wake you at 4:00 AM with messages. I never got anyone who could help with that. I finally just unplugged it. So now I am paying for something I can't use.

Jaazaniah Young Canton, OH

You are locked into a 60 month contract upon signup. I made the mistake of not looking at reviews beforehand, and you won't find a reliable customer review above 1 star. Here's the facts. There is no cancellation policy. Multiple reviews and my experience has made it quite clear you are going to have an impossible time getting ahold of an Account Rep who is apparently the only people in the company able to cancel auto renewal, adjust or work on your contract meaning you're pretty much locked in. I have been trying to get thru to an account manager since 11AM and it is now 2:40PM and still on hold writing reviews while waiting to let people know my honest experience with the company. 100% do not recommend to anyone.