Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 and requires a 3-year contract. Alder customers note a difficult and costly cancellation process. Read Alder home security reviews below to see all noted pros and cons of the company.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Frontpoint chevron_right
#3 Guardian Protection chevron_right

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99/month for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a 3-year contract. Alder's home security cost will total close to $1,500 over the course of the 36-month contract. Alder has a price lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan will not increase in price over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products. Unfortunately, Alder only offers cellular monitoring for its home security systems.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight an extremely difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices. Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options. Customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below and comparing the security provider to other top-rated home security companies in the industry before making your final decision.

Reviews from #1 Home Security Company

Protect America

DCH
October 11th, 2018 | Hampton, VA

Jenny was great. We recently had to move due to a threat to my home. My old setup wasn’t effective. After speaking to Jenny my wife and I started to brainstorm with her and she kept giving us options that were affordable and EXACTLY what we were looking for. Now can’t wait to get it in and installed. Rush ship it please 😄

Kelly Geels
September 17th, 2018 | Visalia, CA

Fast set up and great customer service, system works well. Love that equipment was free and no contracts! Perfect for our family

3.0

Garry
July 16th, 2019 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS

Called 10 days out from end of contract to cancel. was told by customer service rep that it would cancel on 7/11/2019 will no more ACH payments taken out. New payment taken out on 7/11/2019 for $53.98. Just called Customer service and was told our service had not been canceled. They also will not refund payment. They also refused to let me talk to a supervisor. They are e-mailing me a form they say I haven't filled out to cancel account. If they had told me about this form 10 days ago i would had it done. Sorry service!!!!!

alicia morales
July 3rd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

The sales rep are very friendly I was aware of the 60months contract, unfortunately I was under a contract with Brinks and Alder could not pay off the whole contract decided to cancel with the 3 days with Alder no issue just the long hold times to talk to someone other then that they are true and honest with their fees so its mind blowing how so many people just don't read the contracts. You get one in person and by email.

Jul 03, 2019

Thanks for your review, Alicia. We appreciate your feedback. Sorry you had experienced long hold times, but because of your review, we will strive to improve on that going forward. Let us know if you need anything. --Scott

Yillenni Martinez
July 2nd, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Do not use this company. They have deceiving contract lengths. We came to this company after a door to door sales came and told us we could cancel whenever we wanted, and the reason why we ask this was because we rent our home. We were told yes we could cancel whenever we wanted because it was not the type of contract were you pay fee for cancellation. Well, after paying the city $50 because we were not informed we needed a permit by ALDER we decided to cancel but according to the manager we ARE in contract and we have to pay if we want out. It doesn't matter that we were told otherwise by THEIR sales rep. He says they are not liers but if they send their on foot scammers to homes where people are over 90, people cant comprehen their policies, people who have disabilities. They hunt for vulnerable people and as a person with a disability I'm not going to take no, I'm going to report this company to the BB and make sure all my neighbor association know to shut their doors to ALDER. We might live in a low income community but some people here aren't going to tolerate for deceiving company like ALDER to scam our neighbors.

Jul 02, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry for this experience! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or account info so we can review your account and come to a resolution.

Rheanne Sanchez
June 19th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

This company is a scam. I had service for less than 2weeks and cancelled it,cause it never worked properly. I was assured I would not be charged. Well they did process a payment. I gave been on hold 2 times for over 1 hour just to be hung up on when the agent is supposedly transferring me to a manager to handle this situation.

Jun 19, 2019

Thanks for your review. Looks like we've canceled and refunded your account. I apologize for your experience. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to improve moving forward.

Tmesia Cooper
June 19th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

I older Alder for my grandma who's in her eighties my grandfather just passed and we wanted her to be and feel safe now that she is home alone.We receive the equipment and tried to set it up but could not get a signal i called the rep John who sold us the service he also said if we have any questions or problems please give him a call. Well we called and called send text messages no response called into customer service who Transferred us several times and finally we got to the right department was on the phone for over a hour but still could not get a signal at the point we asked if we could just send the equipment back Because we had a 30 day trial, Was told yes but need a return label and send a letter of cancellation witch we did. We never did receive the return label I have to call numerous of times finally they said they were having problems with the label and that they will email it to me,well after 3 calls I finally got the return label sit to my email. Return the equipment waited a week call back to verify if it was receive Was advised yes,but in the meantime my grandma was charged 49.99 for an account that should have been canceled so not only did you charge her 148.99 to get started now you change her the 49.99 for the next month now this started back in MARCH it's now JUNE and i have called and called and called to see when her refund will be sent back to her and was told 10days two weeks ago called today and was told it will be a month now because they are backed up This is ridiculous to me you are taking advantage of customer's and Expresly the elders someone at that age lives on a fixed income and $198.99 is a lot! I will report this to the better business bureau. DO NOT USE ALDER FOR YOUR SECURITY SYSTEM I REPEAT DON'T DO IT!!!!

Jun 20, 2019

Thanks for your review. I appreciate your honesty and feedback. We hope to rectify these problems for you and for the future. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any more detailed concerns we need to know about.

Brenda
June 19th, 2019 Battleboro, NC DETAILS

I received equipment during a home renovation in Oct with the understanding that when I was ready to get equipment installed all I had to do was contact Alder to get technician out for installation. After several attempts I finally set up a time. On day technician was to come I called to get a time for installation and was told that the technician was out sick. spoke with person on phone and explained that It had been several months it is now March. supervisor advised rep to cancell everything. In April 2, 2019 they refunded the payments I had made. An April 16th redrew 59.99 from my account. I contacted them on the 17th and they refunded it. On May 16th they withdrew 59.99 I contacted them and spoke with P. K on May 22nd. He informed me that the account was closed and that the refund would be credit back to my account. I asked for this information in writing and he sent me an email. As of today June 17th I am on the phone waiting to here what lie they will tell me next. Just spoke with representative. I was informed that they issued a manual check on June 3rd and that I should receive it in a few days. Ironic how it changed from going back to the original payment method. I will update if I receive the refund. It is with great disappointment that your company is such a dissatisfaction and dishonest business.

Jun 19, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review, Brenda. I've confirmed that we sent you the refund you needed. Please call 844-442-5337 Ext 752 for any issues there. We would very much appreciate your revised review once everything gets sorted out. Thanks again. -Scott

Joanne
June 18th, 2019 Yuma, AZ DETAILS

Buyer Beware! I just called to cancel my service because I sold my home and was told I was under a 60 month contract. Cancelation policy is @ 90% of remaining contract (I have had it for 1 year). My monthly charge is $49.99. So I would have to pay $2,399.52 to cancel their service! I was totally unaware of the 5 year plan I was signing up for. I had my home on the market at the time, so I would not have signed it if I knew. And my husband of 45 years had just died, so I was dealing with all of his estate matters. Now I read that I will have a 30 day window to cancel when the 5 years is up. Better set some good reminders on the calendar! I have done research on competitive products. $300 will set you up with all the equipment and they charge $10/month for 24/7 professional monitoring. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY AN ALDER SYSTEM!!!

Jun 18, 2019

Thanks for your review, Joanne. Sorry you've had this experience. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] so we can get into a better conversation about how things went when our sales rep first signed you up for services (as you mentioned you weren't aware of a five-year agreement). Thanks again. -Scott

Tanya
June 18th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

This company is a rip off they have been taking funds out of my account every week and I did not sign up for no weekly payments when I contacted them I was told I have to call back tomorrow to cancel my service and the rep on the phone was very rude and had a nasty attitude I would never ever refer them to someone then a supervisor approved me for 3 free months for the nasty and unprofessional service I got from a rep that came in my home when I called to ask about the free months they had no knowledge of it which the supervisor was in my home wrote it down on the alder pamphlet and even signed his name on it be careful when u pick home security because this is not a good company at all I rate them as 0 stars

Jun 18, 2019

Thanks for your review, Tanya. Sorry for this experience! Please feel free to either email us at [email protected] or call a resolutions agent directly at 844-442-5337 Ext 752 so we can resolve these concerns as best as we can and improve your experience with Alder. -Scott

Catherine
June 13th, 2019 Palmetto, FL DETAILS

NO ZERO OPTION. This has been a nightmare! Hopefully you will do your research before signing with this company and look elsewhere. When calling to cancel the service because we have not had them monitor our home for months and found the service provided when hitting the panic button to be useless during our emergency, my husband and I were made aware that our contract with this company locked us in for 60 months (five years)! The only options that we were given by the sales rep and corporate were 1) pass on our equipment and remaining contract to someone else (which I could not in good conscience do to someone else) or 2) pay 90% of our remaining contract ($2000+). If you had a similar experience, call the Federal Trade Commission and file a report instead of just writing a review. They'll fill it out for you.

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks for your review, Catherine. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number so that I can access your account and work with you towards a resolution for your concerns. -Scott

David Creson
June 10th, 2019 Milton-Freewater, OR DETAILS

Was offered a home security system by a rep of Alder about a year ago. While the equipment, instalation sevice, and operation has been fine, the reprecentive was dishonest. No paper copy of contact was provided. We were asked to sign a tablet after represintive told uswhat was there, many key points were untrue. Turns out this is a 60 month contract not 24 as he said ( wife as witness) Charges applyed are way higher than web sight quote. Cancellation clauses were never covered,etc. Because Alder did NOT provide two copies of written contract as stated which is a breach of contract, and because rep. Lied to us, I will be turning this over to my lawyer soon. Regards David Creson

Jun 11, 2019

Thanks for your review. I apologize for how you feel. I'd be happy to help resolve your concerns. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] If you could share a bit more detail regarding what your sales rep said during the set-up, that would be great!

Tom Bachman
June 5th, 2019 Lakin, KS DETAILS

I guess we were sucked in just like several others here. I thought we were in for 3 years and when we had issues and wanted to cancel they tells us we had a 60 month contract . Luckily, we were only a few months away. Of course they don't want you to cancel so they promise anything. Our issue was the equipment failing and they promised to "fix it" Well all they were going to do was send me stuff for me to fix it myself.......and, by the way, they never did. Today, now that the contract is over I call to cancel my service and get nothing but the run around. "Billing" can't stop the collection of funds....WTF is billing anyway? Sent me to the "cancelation dept." I'm put on hold for 15 minutes, then when the guy comes on, he puts me on hold to "check your information" and when he comes back on promises me all sorts of things like "fixing your system" "reduced monthly costs"....NO, I just want my service canceled. So I'm put on hold AGAIN and after 10 more minutes I figure he's hung up on me. So I disconnect at my end and call back and talk to billing again. While I'm talking to the loser in "Billing" my phone rings, I don't recognize the number, so I don't answer. Meanwhile I'm put on hold again...so I notice I have voice mail and it is the guy in "Cancelation" who put me on hold, "I guess we got disconnected, call me back at this number and extension." So I hang up and call the 'direct number and ext.' I get voice mail. So I sit and wait for a return call....nothing for 15 minutes, so I call back and basically go through the same routine, but this time I'm on hold for 20 minutes and finally a recording comes on saying they are experiencing longer than normal wait times, to press 1 and I won't lose my place in line and they will call back.......that's been a freaking hour now. I DO NOT recommend Alder security for anything. I guess I will call me bank and tell them to reject any attempt to take funds out of my account.

Jun 06, 2019

Thanks for this review, Tom. I appreciate all the detail and frankness. Sorry you've dealt with this customer service. We will go ahead and cancel your account since your agreement has been paid off. We do need to send you an official cancellation form first. I've requested it to be sent to you. Please let us know if you don't get it within 3 to 5 business days. -Scott

KG8
June 5th, 2019 Coldwater, MS DETAILS

After two hours on the phone trying to cancel my service. I was informed I couldn’t cancel today, they didn’t know the amount I owed or how much longer I had on my contract, that information would be mailed to me and then I could call back to cancel. Really?!

Jun 06, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number and I can look into this info for you. -Scott

Charles Martin
June 5th, 2019 Madison, AL DETAILS

Just found out they took over company I had purchased agreement with. lightning took out system and no one called to see if we were okay. I had to call them but being on a Sunday no one monitors their equipment on Sundays so by the way all you thieves out there knock out their system on a Sunday wait about one hour for the battery to go dead and the house is yours. Cancel as fast as you can from this place and get rid of their sign out front.

Jun 06, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry for this happening! Please feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any further concerns we need to know about. We're happy to make sure your system is working properly.

Jamie Floyd
May 31st, 2019 Walterboro, SC DETAILS

Buyer beware. Salesman comes and does smooth talking and makes promises that never happen. Salesman discloses 36 month contract but its actually 60 month once I contacted them and I explained I was in Military and was moving per my orders. Alder customer service are rude and unprofessional. Installer drilled holes in my sheetrock without permission . If you have technical problems they send equipment for you to fix yourself and do not send a truck. Should have stayed with ATT. Alder just wants your money and doesn't care about things that are out of your control and acts of God. All they want is your money. I paid them faithfully for 25 months. If possible I wouldn't even give them a star. Alder is a SCAM , buyer beware.

May 31, 2019

Thanks for your review. Please contact us at [email protected] if you feel you need to voice any further concerns. We'd like to help out and see a resolution.

V
May 31st, 2019 Cartersville, GA DETAILS

Terrible company. I’ve been trying to cancel since March since it automatically renewed and they will NOT provide me with a copy of my contract. At least 5 times someone has told me they would mail me a copy and I still have not received it.

May 31, 2019

Thanks for your review. Please contact us at [email protected] if you don't get the copy of the agreement soon, or you can call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 752 for a direct avenue to a resolutions manager.

Sharon
May 31st, 2019 Anchorage, AK DETAILS

It’s too bad you can’t give a negative star rating. This company is the worst company I have dealt with. I contacted them in March, 2019, that I had sold my house and the new owners did not want the system because of bad reviews and a high monthly cost. I never heard from anyone for three weeks at which time they informed me that I had signed a 5-year contract. At no time was it ever mentioned that it was a five-year contract or a 3-year contract. When I signed the paper after the installation, I never saw anything typed in the contract length section. This company says”we care”. They don’t care about any customer. They are telling me to find a family member or friend to take over the contract. However, anyone I have approached about taking over has read the reviews and wouldn’t take over the contract if it was free. Their people keep calling me telling me they will turn it over to collections. They would never answer their phone or return a text, but they can sure call my number. This company says I need to pay 90% of the next 2-1/2 years plus pay to remove the equipment. Also, in the 2-1/2 years I have had this system has there ever been an upgrade. Now we all know how rapidly technology changes, you would think they would up date the system. I am paying $49.99/mo for only window and door security. Alder is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Their customer service/billing are totally not into “we care”. Don’t use this company for your Security coverage. They deserve a minus star.

May 15, 2019

Thanks for your review. I want to help make sure we figure out a resolution for you. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. Thanks for your time.

Hope F.
May 29th, 2019 Columbia, SC

2 technicians showed up at our door at 9:30 at night and rang our bell, knocked on our windows and woke up our entire family. They said they were here to install security which we did not order. Had out of state plates, no business cards. Had to call the police. Terrible company.

May 29, 2019

Thanks for your review. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] so that we can come to better understand all your concerns and work to resolve them.

Jesus Valdivia
May 29th, 2019 Anna, TX DETAILS

Getting to speak to someone about cancelling your contract is the most extreme difficult thing you can do in your whole life. You'll grow old waiting to speak to someone. People selling you the contract are deceiving because they get you into a 5 year contract with the option to cancel anytime, but SURPRISE! You can cancel except you have to pay the rest of your contract. If you do connect with an "account manager" who then will transfer you to the "loyalty department" good luck getting anything out of that. Wait, you could get another 3 or 5 year contract! They never update your system in those 5 years even though technology changes every second. There really isn't anything good I can say about these service provider.

May 29, 2019

Thanks for your review. I apologize you feel this way. Feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any other concerns or questions that we can resolve with you. We're happy to make sure your system works well and keep you informed of any rate reductions or extra equipment available.

Michell Mitchell
May 29th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

This company totally sucks. They duped me into signing a 60 month contract. Lied about how long I had to cancel. And also lied about not running my credit. I was told by the representatives that came to my house that I would have no problem canceling services if I no longer felt I wanted them. They told me to call them on their personal phone but to call the call center so that's what I did. Now they are telling me at the call center that it was never documented that I wanted to cancel. Totally a lie. I have been bamboozled into keeping this alarm service. So please people before you sign up with this company do your research. Better yet just dont sign up. Ypu will regret it. If I could give zero stars I would.

May 29, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback, and we'd like to resolve your concerns with you. Please feel free to email [email protected] with your Alder account number of phone number. -Scott

walter Thompson
May 23rd, 2019 Canton, OH DETAILS

Found them to be friendly and polite did what they said they would

May 24, 2019

Thanks for your review! Glad to be of service to you and your home!

Andrea Perez
May 22nd, 2019 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

Terrible service, I tried canceling the service and they told me that my contract was renewed and I have never signed anything. They told me that the agreement was done over the phone and the only times I have contacted them was to transfer the service when I purchased my new home and to cancel it. Would not recommend it at all. Also, all they comment here is to contact them over email or phone, for what so that they could deny cancelling it or have you pay a 90% fee. Look for another security system. They deserve a negative stars rating. We should all get together and start a law suit against them.

May 22, 2019

Thanks for your review! Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so that we can review your account further and reach a resolution.

Susan Still
May 21st, 2019 Hampton, GA DETAILS

This is the worst company service I have been on the phone off and on for two weeks they are takeing money off my credit card after the account has been closed out and equipment returned.i would not recommend this company to no one very dissatisfied.

May 22, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience. We'd like to make sure this gets resolved. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] or call our resolutions agents directly at 844-442-5337 Ext 752.

Pam
May 20th, 2019 Reseda, CA DETAILS

I would not recommend this company to anyone. I just tried to cancel my plan and they are telling that after my 5 YEAR contract that I was locked into another 5 years because I did not contact them at the time of 5 years. I did not receive any type of notification that it was coming up and to offer if I wanted to renew or not. I will find a way out of it one way or another as this is a scam to get peoples money.

May 21, 2019

Thanks for your review. We're happy to review your account with you and see what we can do for you. Feel free to email us at [email protected], or call 844-442-5337 Ext 752. Thanks again for your patience.

M. White
May 16th, 2019 Huntsville, AL DETAILS

No star I see Im not the only one on the 5yrs screwing. I have paid on time for 5 year now I'm being played with trying to cancel I faxed a cancelation letter Monday as they asked call to see if they received it guess what no fax received called back Wednesday still no fax but now I find out my written letter is no good they have to send a form in order to cancel. Called Monday and not until Wednesday they tell me about the form then they play as though no one new better. It should not be this hard to cancel after your contract is up.

May 16, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry things have gone this way. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] so that we can come to a better understanding of your frustrations and fix things with you.

Vicki
May 16th, 2019 Vivian, LA DETAILS

I have had Alder only a few months, but it has been the biggest mistake I've made. The sales rep promised a video camera for the front door, but he didn't have any on him. They were supposed to come back and install one. Never happened. None of the equipment works correctly. When I called to get them to come fix it and put in the video camera, I was told it would be an extra charge. I gave them my debit card number when I signed up and the monthly fee is supposed to be automatically drafted. They call me EVERY month because I haven't paid them. There is no way to pay online that I see. They are HORRIBLE to deal with. I should have stayed with ADT. I only changed because Alder said it would be cheaper. Nope. Alder is higher than what I paid for ADT. Took down my Alder sign and put ADT sign back up in my yard! Would not recommend this company to any body I liked.

May 16, 2019

Thanks for your honest and open review. We are sorry to hear this. I would like to facilitate coming to a resolution for you. Feel free to reach us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number.

BEWARE!!!
May 10th, 2019 DeSoto, TX DETAILS

SCAM!!! I sent end my written cancellation notice as stated on my original documents. This was done two months prior to cancellation. I still received an unauthorized charge. I emailed, called over 20 times to be told I was on a month to month and would be sent a cancellation form which never came! Lol scam! at the end I contacted the BBB , my credit card company, had to cancel my card completely! And disconnect the system myself , removed the sign!! Yes all that!!! PLEASE BEWARE AND INFORM OTHERS!!!

May 10, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry this has been your experience! Please feel free to email us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so that we can work to resolve this for you.

Kimberlee N Taylor
May 8th, 2019 Lexington, KY DETAILS

No stars should be an option. Everything everyone says is true. The salesman tells you it is a 2 year contract and then when you get the contract, you find out it is five yrs and your 3 DAY cancellation window has passed. I am losing my house in a month and yet when I ask them "do I mail this equipment back or does someone come for it", I am told I can't do that until I either pay the 90% (of which she could not tell me the amount on the phone but would send a letter) or have it transferred to the new owner. I don't know the new owner and definitely would not recommend this company. HEAD THE WARNING!!! Do not get an alarm system with this company.

May 08, 2019

Thanks for your review and feedback. We apologize you feel this way, but we would like to help out as best we can and make sure you know your cancellation options. Feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any other concerns. -Scott

Sarah Wise
May 6th, 2019 Garden City, KS DETAILS

The salesman was pushy, told us it was a 3 year contract when once you read the contract it was a 5 year with an automatic renewal that CANT be canceled in any way except with paper notification. My husband spent 2 hours on the phone trying to cancel before it renewed and still wasn’t able to accomplish this. We will NOT recommend them to ANYONE! We previously had Vivent and had a much better experience with them. If we get a home security system in the future it might be with them, but we will NOT work w/Alder again.

May 07, 2019

Thanks for your review, Sarah. Sorry for things having gone like this! Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any other concerns or questions. -Scott

Debra Parker
May 6th, 2019 Palestine, TX DETAILS

My husband lost his job. And now we are stuck 8n this 5 yr contract at 69.00 monthly. And this company could care less about your misfortune. Not willing to do anything to help us out. Not a good company.

May 07, 2019

Thanks for your review, Debra. I apologize for your experience so far, but we are happy to rectify this concern for you. Please let us know if there's anything more we can do (looks like we were able to credit some free months for you) --Scott

Carol
May 2nd, 2019 Spokane, WA DETAILS

Wish I could break the contract Equipment not working big joke only paying so they won't stick me in the credit bureau Can't wait to be free of this pack of thieves

May 03, 2019

Hi Carol. Thanks for your review. Sorry for things having gone this way! Please reach out to us at [email protected] or call 844-442-5337 Ext 731 to reach our tech support team and we can make sure your system works properly again!

Paul
May 2nd, 2019 Bristow, OK DETAILS

Bought in with the basic contract, added a service contract, also 2 outside video cameras, the back camera failed and took them 6 months to get it replaced the night vision hasn't worked right since. We signed on in 2016 tried to cancel today 04,30,2019 and was told we still have 2 years on a 5 year contract and the early termination fee would be 90% of the remaining 2 years about $1700.00, I don't remember signing a 5 year contract auto renewals are pretty much dirty pool, the cell phone company's aren't allowed to do it why is it ok for Alder? You wait forever on hold when you call repairs take forever no adjustment on our bill for our dead camera we're not very happy.

May 03, 2019

Thanks for your review, Paul. I apologize for this experience you have had--I know it's frustrating when the system isn't working properly. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any further questions or concerns.

Richard caldwell
April 24th, 2019 Danville, KY DETAILS

I rate them at 0 they are cook's they say u are in a 2yr contract when they come out and when u want to change they say your contract is 60 month or 5yrs contract which is not true we did not say that they need to be fined for false contracts saying it was viable not on paper in writing God don't like ugly

Apr 25, 2019

Thanks for your review! We're sorry you've had this experience. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so that we can help resolve your concerns. --Scott

Craig Daniel
April 9th, 2019 Powder Springs, GA DETAILS

We have used alder for the past 2 years and their customer service just sucks. We had called them on 2 separate occasions and they were supposed to be sending someone to my house to fix the issues but they never showed up or even called. That is very unprofessional.

Apr 10, 2019

Thanks for your review. I apologize that there have been service issues for you. Please let us know any other concerns you have at [email protected], and then we can work towards a resolution for you.

LaFondra
April 8th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

They are good in trustworthy good customer service

Apr 10, 2019

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback, and we're happy that you feel this way!

Diane
April 8th, 2019 Tallassee, AL DETAILS

I have had this crappy service for 5 yrs this past Dec. I moved a year and a half ago and called to cancel my service was told I was under 5 yr contract, and had another yr on my contract... the salesman told Me it was a 2yr. Contract, I would never knowingly do a 5 yr contract on anything. So I continued to pay for another yr. I called today and tried to cancel and was told it had automatically renewed for another 5 yrs and they could not cancel. I was not told a yr ago I had to cancel in writting or that it had to be within 15 days prior to the date I was led to believe would be the end of my contract. This is an outrage and highway robbery. And I will be reporting to BBB, also will be filing a complaint with my states attorney General .I will also do everything in my power to let as many people I can reach with social media know to avoid this company. They are crooks and scammers .they trap you in a 5 yr contract because the service and equipment is so crappy , they know customers will be leaving in a matter of weeks.

Apr 10, 2019

Thanks for your review. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you haven't yet so that we can make things go smoother for you!

Linda
April 4th, 2019 South Bay, FL DETAILS

This company does not come out to service their equipment. They will schedule you for weeks away and on the day that they're suppose to show up, they won't. The only thing that this company is good for is debuting money from their customers accounts. They pushed their way into homes to make the sales with all kinds of promises and when you need them to make a service call they won't. I will refuse to do business with these people they tell too many lies. Don't waste your money with these people.

Apr 10, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry for this experience you've had! Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can rectify these issues and come to a resolution! Thanks again. -Scott

Km Kelley
April 4th, 2019 Waco, TX

A salesman came to my home, no appointment, just showed up trying to tell me he was there to check and make sure I was up to day on my service/security. I told him I was with Guardian. He then proceeded to ask questions about who so and so was. It was my late husband who died 6 years ago. Then he said, Oh I guess you changed your name. I told him I never changed my name, women do not have to accept their husbands last name. This man was rude and the questions he ask were really none of his business. I certainly would not do business with a company that thinks a woman can't have her own name; and don't believe you when you tell them your spouse is deceased. They may check these so called people they send to people someone home.

Apr 09, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. I appreciate your candor and honest feedback. Sorry things went this way! Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks again. --Scott

Jesus soto
April 3rd, 2019 Sun City, CA DETAILS

I honestly feel like this review needs to be written and heard. I originally had a good salesman helping very attentive and reaponded immediately. However after reading my contract which is NOT what the salesman stated over the phone, I immediately knew I had to cancel! (The nightmare begins) Calling to cancel is like trying to talk to the president! You get placed on hold of crazy amounts of time to get a Jerk that thinks its cute to be rude, only to pass you back on hold with nobody in cancellation ever picking up the phone!?!?! So I sent 7 emails cancellations with yup you guessed it NO Response! I called again after work thinking okay I can hold until they close I’ll put my phone on speaker and go about my night.... NOPE cancel department is “closed” I don’t know how to stress enough, DONT make the same mistake I did and entertain this BOGUS company! If u can’t get anyone to answer your cancellation your certainly NOT going to get a response to a alarm to a burglar!!! Run for the HILLS!!!!!!!!

Apr 09, 2019

Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience so far. Please feel free to contact us at 844-442-5337 Ext 752, or email [email protected] I'd like to see that we provide solutions for you. --Scott

major rip off
March 26th, 2019 California City, CA DETAILS

I had Alder security starting in 2013 and I knew the contract was for 5 years. Just recently (March 2019) I called to cancel service and they told me that I couldn't because my contract autorenewed in 2018 for 60 months. They tell me they can't do anything about it. I did check the contract and it does have a 60 month renewal in the fine print ,but what contracts autorenew for 5 years! Now I'm stuck paying $54.99 a month for another 5 years.That seems really sneaky to me.

Mar 26, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry for the frustration! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] so we can check over your account and answer any questions you have. --Scott

cathy rosario
March 22nd, 2019 Killeen, TX DETAILS

I give it a cero (0) they tricked my husband and would not even take our calls. there staff must not have any morals , let alone customer service, They are misleading, have no backbone to support anything they advertice and there equipment does not work!!!! The Worst Company Ever and I have had some shi…. ones

Mar 22, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry for how things have gone--looks like our agents were trying to verify your verbal password. Please feel free to reach out at [email protected] so we can come to a resolution. Thanks again. --Scott

Annie Rogers
March 20th, 2019 Opa-locka, FL DETAILS

We have had Alder security for over 5 years, already completed a 5 year contract. Probably longer because we were with AP also. My experience was calling Alder wanted to upgrade my system the person I spoke to seem to me that he didn’t wanted to be bother. So I was approached by another company and sign up with them and when I called to cancel that’s when I was told that I would have to pay over $1,400 to payoff my contract. So now I stuck paying $47 monthly to Alder, because there was no way I was just going to write a check of money I don’t have, paying for NO SERVICE I guess I will be paying this until I payoff the $1,400. ( HIGHWAY ROBBERY) Who would remember that in your contract it says automatically renews, that’s CRAZY!!! I know it’s all about not losing a customer, ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY. Company should send letters letting you know this in advance. IT IS NOT FAIR!!!!!

Mar 20, 2019

Thanks for your review. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can come to a fair resolution in regards to what's happened. Appreciate your time! --Scott

Millie Patterson
March 18th, 2019 Opa-locka, FL

It is the first time, that I write a review. I am very dissatisfied with this alarm company, my reasons. I want to say that I am disabled so I receive a monthly payment. The salesman lied to me, at the end of the contract, he told me it was 1 year and it turned out to be 5 years. I tried to send the payoff of the contract because I can not get out of it, if I do not pay full, (I've been waiting 2 months) I made multiple calls to the Alder Alarm company, without any results. They are bad at fulfilling what was promised.

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks for your review, Millie. We appreciate hearing your feedback, and we also apologize you've had this experience so far. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number so we can look into this further and come to a resolution for you. -Scott

Maricel Zuniga
March 14th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

So far we’re satisfied with Alder and Jeffery R is so kind n very informative.

Mar 14, 2019

Thanks for your review! We appreciate hearing from you, and we're glad you like the system! Please reach out to us if you need anything. --Scott

Jeannie salle
March 11th, 2019 Airway Heights, WA DETAILS

This is the biggest scam we have ever seen. They come in your home and make promises they dont keep. They stole from us and then sent another rep to say sorry, that guy was fired. They never brought all the equipment but charged our account every month. The equipment we did get almost never worked. Couldn't get anything resolved. They call everyday 3 to 4 times and harass us for more money. They have threatened us, most of them barely speak English.

Mar 12, 2019

Thanks for your review, Jeannie. Please let us know any other concerns you have by contacting us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. Then, we can come to a resolution. Thanks again for your time! --Scott

Lawrence S.
March 8th, 2019 Soldotna, AK DETAILS

I was originally an AP customer; however Alder bought them out and so this review reflects the experience I have had with Alder. One. Customer service is sales driven only and not there to HELP a customer. My fire alarm/freeze alarm went bad, a week before I was heading out of town for the holidays. I tried calling and no calls were returned, I also tried contacting on their website. I never heard back nor wa there any follow up. So lifetime warranty of equipment and 24/7 service help was a LIE. once my contract was up my phone has been non stop calls about new deals and rates allIhave to do is sign into another contract! I even explained my past experience and this was met with no apologies or even a token credit! Another thing that surprised me is that when Alder took over I was not not notified; only caught the change on my bill! upon calling it was explained and I asked for new placars and stickers for my house, rep said they would send out right away! I am currently trying to cancel my service and I still have not been able to successfully do that simple task! I have called and left emails; now I start to leave stunning reviews online! Needless to say I still have AP placards and stickers on my house. morale of story do NOT do business with this company

Mar 12, 2019

Thanks for your review, Lawrence. We appreciate your candor and thoroughness. Sorry you have been through this experience so far! We'd be happy to make things smoother going forward. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so we can come to a resolution for you. Thanks again. -Scott

J
March 6th, 2019 Monticello, AR DETAILS

Alder stinks!! I’m stuck in a 5 year contract, which the salesman told me was only a year, and I’m paying a ridiculous price for a system that does not function correctly! I hate the company and the alarm!!!! I do not recommend to anyway. If you are thinking of using this company, DON’T DO IT!!!! The salesman sales you a load of bull! They tell you one thing and do an entirely different thing. Unfortunately, you’re tied up in something that you don’t want to be in because you signed. Don’t fall for the three day cancellation , it is literally signing your money away!

Mar 06, 2019

Thanks for your honest review! Sorry to hear this--please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so that we can come to a resolution. Or, you can call 844-442-5337 Ext 730. Thanks again! --Scott

Gary Bandemer
March 5th, 2019 Buhl, ID DETAILS

The response is the same for anyone writing a bad review, they apologize and say they are sorry and to get a hold of them and they don't respond. I have tried twice and have not heard a word. If you are looking for a security company that you can depend on this is not the company.

Feb 14, 2019

Thanks for your review, Gary. Sorry you've had this experience so far. We are still happy to make sure your previous company is paid off. Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. Thanks again!

Sharon Dees
February 28th, 2019 Laurens, SC DETAILS

Sometimes it's confusing when I set my alarm or when they're testing the equipment I don't know how to shut it down. They're just friendly and efficient. It's a little pricey for me.

Jul 09, 2018

Hi Sharon. Glad to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your review!

Ashley cobb
February 19th, 2019 Tuscumbia, AL DETAILS

We have had Alder security for over 5 years, already completed a 5 year contract. We were NEVER notified that it would automatically be extended another 5 years. We just sold our home and haven’t bought another one yet so we called to cancel the service for now and were Told no that they can’t turn it off because of the contract we knew nothing about. So basically we are paying for a security system we don’t even have because we don’t even live in that home anymore. This company is absolutely HORRIBLE. When my husband became upset on the phone with the manager the manager HUNG UP ON MY HUSBAND right after saying he will not turn the system off. I have never seen such horrible customer service. We are contacting an attorney first thing tomorrow to do whatever we can to get out of this. I will let every person I know how horrible this company is. All we wanted it to turn off the system and be done and it’s turned into us paying for something we don’t even have for FIVE years. Just horrible.

Feb 19, 2019

Thanks for your review, Ashley. Sorry you feel this way! I apologize for your recent experience. Please contact us at [email protected], and we will respond as soon as possible to figure out a resolution with you. Thanks for your time. -Scott

Nelson
February 6th, 2019 Greenville, MS DETAILS

Horrible, they tricked my father into signing a contract in which he is blind with a third grade education they said was a verbal agreement. Then they proceeds to state we could not discontinue we had to pay 90℅ of the contract or get it transfered. Ive asked for a copy of the contract they catch not produce any yet. The system does not work they refuse to stop the payment and they refuse to fix it. I am currently getting paper work with my lawyer to get this matter solved and I will not stop until I get an answer. DO NOT GET ALDER I REPEAT! THEY TRULY DON'T CARE.

Feb 08, 2019

Thanks for your review and honesty. We are glad to hear from you, and we apologize you have had this experience so far. Please know we are happy to fix the system and resolve your concerns. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your father's Alder account number or phone number. Thanks again. --Scott