Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry-leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option and ships the alarm systems directly to the customer's home.

The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 per month and requires a three-year contract.

Read Alder home security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the security provider.

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99 for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a three-year contract. Over the course of the 36-month contract, you'll pay close to $1,300.

Alder has a price-lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan cost will not increase over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing, as many companies charge upwards of $40–$50 per month with extra installation and equipment fees.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location.

Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owners are in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick.

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensors
  • Smart door lock
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Limited Pricing Information Online
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight a difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the option for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website.

Limited Pricing Information Online

Alder does not list its pricing information on its website. This makes it difficult for customers to quickly compare Alder's pricing to other home security providers. The website encourages you to call an Alder representative to get a personalized quote.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. Alder's response time of three seconds also puts the company above the competition. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices.

Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price-lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options.

Customers should be aware that they must sign a three-year contract with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process. Alder's website does not list specific pricing on its website, so you'll need to contact the company for cost information. You can request a quote from the company by clicking any of the links to Alder in this review.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below before making your final purchasing decision.

Call our recommended rep over at Alder below.

2.7

Cassie Pope

January 20th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have never dealt with a company that does business this way. I bought a home with an alarm system in it. The previous owner paid until his contract was up. They would NOT cancel his contract. They would leave him on hold for over an hour. Then they told him he had to sign a paper to terminate and would never mail it to him. When he stopped payment, they started harassing me and sending me notices saying they were going to send me to a third-party collection agency. I have tried calling and they tell me it’s canceled. Then I get another letter. I call them again and they say they will call me back and never will. I am reporting them to the BBB tomorrow, and I can’t wait till they see all these reviews. I am also calling Channel 13 in Houston. Someone needs to put a stop to this.

Justin Hodges

January 8th, 2020 Dickson, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called trying to cancel my service and the kept putting me on hold coming back with a new offer. when i refused they say please hold and come back 10 minutes later with another offer. I refuse again and get put on hold then they hang up the call. Looks like they get you in autopay then make it impossible to cancel it

K Hill

December 31st, 2019 Moody, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We did not have a problem with Alder's monitoring. However when my 60 month contract expired, I canceled my contract both Written and Verbal 24 days before my next payment was scheduled. Two months later I have called 5 times and have been passed around to different "representatives" with no help to stop the transactions and to receive a refund of $88. They do not mind taking your money, but hope you don't need to cancel your contract!

Shafon addison

December 17th, 2019 Gainesville, FL

Hi I just got my service at 5pm on 12/16/19 I’m canceling in the morning n ordering a new credit card before they even take out they ain’t even put up the camera or door bell .All the did was the sensors n I’m taking them down now at 2:30 am they Lied about the contract they say it was none. I check my email and read over the information of the contract it’s a 60 month contract and instead of paying $35.00 a month it’s $67.00 a month I’m good and every review I read it’s the same I don’t want these problem I’ll just wait when I feel i find something better thanks but no thanks.

Rose Dunn

December 16th, 2019 Renton, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mom recently passed away. I called to cancel the service since we are selling the house, was told I need to continue to pay 90% of the monthly fee still! MY MOM PASSED AWAY.....?????? HORRIBLE COMPANY, MONEY HUNGRY THIEVES. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY...GO WITH ADT, ANY OTHER COMPANY......

C Kirby

December 13th, 2019 Dallas, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst alarm company ever. My wife & I just sent 45 minutes on the phone getting the run around. Our story is just like every other bad review on this website. The customer service rep hung up the phone in my face. Please don’t ever do business with this company. I am going to my lawyer with this issue. PS Alder we have your bogus door to door sales rep on camera lying about the terms of your service.

Felicia

December 12th, 2019 Lubbock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was charged for months of not having service. When I emailed cancellation I was promised refund in January of 2019. I called monthly and service personal informed me I would be receiving refund. October 2019 informed me that they could not. Horrible! Horrible! Do not waste time and energy.

Richard Ramsbacher

December 11th, 2019 Strafford, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Only one star because a minus 5 isn’t possible. Poor communication and difficult to work with. Don’t disclose what is need to close an account after the death of my mother. After 5 months they informed me I need to return the equipment or pay 499 dollars as I have no way of getting the equipment guess what. Asked to let me know when they received my mother’s death certificate but nothing finally was able to have someone stay on the line until they received it but still had to pay another monthly bill. The hoops they make you jump through are nuts and once you get that done they add on one more thing. Customer service is not their strong point.

Sara Smith

December 9th, 2019 Riverton, UT

We got a quote but decided not to move forward with the services yet but the salesman was friendly and courteous.

Brittney Profgan

December 4th, 2019 Bowling Green, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We did not realize how dirty of a company we were dealing with when signing on for our home in 2013 and for our business in 2015. We loved our original rep that signed us up 6 years ago and had no reason to question the integrity of the company until now. Not sure if it started off better and has just went down hill or if we were fooled originally, but regardless, this company should and will ultimately have to file bankruptcy when all the law suits eventually shut them down. We are moving and called to get info about having the system transferred and no one could access our account and things were so frustrating with customer service we just decided to cancel and go with a company we could trust to access our important information and monitor our home more securely. Come to find out they renewed our 60 month contract automatically without our consent 2.5 years ago when we relocated and took our system with us (which at the time we were told wouldn't affect our original agreement...it would simply just move with us and remain the same contract) and in order to cancel now we must pay 90%of the remaining balance, when all the while they have been charging us over $100 for both locations since when the new sign on amount is only in the $30 range for 36 months. We were told there is no way to cancel except to send us a letter we must agree to and I am now reading that everyone is promised these letters and they never come. So I will give them the 5-7 days and then filing my suit. My lawyer already said he has multiple people that have approached him about this company so looks like the courts will have a say soon.

Joe Anna

December 3rd, 2019 Bolivar, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT purchase this security system. My mom is 88 years old. Her alarm system has constantly gone off. I (her daughter) have called the system 5 times in the last 72 hours to receive assistance. NO one will assist, nor will they send a technician out . Therefore, my mom told me to cancel the system. She has been with Alder for 5 years plus. When I called to cancel , they put me on hold and played music for 90 minutes. Therefore, my mom told me to call the bank to cancel the bank draft to Alder. On Monday, I am going to call the Tennessee Better Business Bureau and report how this company is scamming an 88 year old customer without providing service. Bolivar, TN Costumer: Joe Anna Daughter: Yvonne

Kathy Emery

November 20th, 2019 Youngstown, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not get Alder they will not work with u under any circumstances I will never have them again!

Nov 20, 2019

Hi Kathy. Thanks for your review. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can find a resolution for your concerns.

C

November 13th, 2019 Blackfoot, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got my system in april 2019 and was told my rep owned the contracts in my area and if we didnt want it he could transfer at any time after deciding that's what we needed to do for financial reasons it's been a month and a half of saying one thing and changing it the next I was told i would receive my cancellation form in the mail never came my rep was supposed to be getting it overnighted to him no news on that. I just wanna be done with it. It isnt something we can afford anymore. I was also promised free months a few times and only received half of those. I also was unaware of the term although I'm told it was pre and post recorded I honestly wouldve never signed a 5 year contract but that's what the paper says

Nov 18, 2019

Thanks for your review. We apologize that you had this type of experience. Please know that we want to resolve your concerns as they relate to your account. Please feel free to reach us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number, and a resolutions agent can facilitate a solution.

Eric Smith

November 11th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great price for the products and great customer service. Never had any problems.

Tim

November 7th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had to call numerous times and have asked to speak with a manager. It seams like i continue to get the run around about talking to a manager. This place has poor customer service. I have request to get a copy of my original contract weeks ago and i have not received it. I was also told that i have to pay over Thousand dollars to cancel the service. I am beyond upset with this company. It would be nice for someone to call me.

Nov 08, 2019

Hi Tim. Thanks for your review. Sorry that you have had this experience! If you haven't reached a resolution over the phone yet, you can reach us at [email protected] and the proper dept can reach back out to you. Thanks again.

TRACY GALLO

November 7th, 2019 Hammond, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish I could give this company no stars. When I first signed up the rep told me that I could cancel at anytime with no penalties. When I called today to cancel customer service tells me I can't cancel that I have 60 months to be with them. Stay clear of these people no one should be forced to stay 5 years with any company. Very deceiving company and I can't wait to be done with them. This company and the reps are very deceiving and I would love to be added to a class action suit for them. The worst company I have ever worked with.

Oct 07, 2019

Hi Tracy. Thanks for your review. I checked your account and verified the welcome survey video that you did agree to 60 months, but feel free to email me any details you have about what your sales rep promised you: [email protected]

Jon Posey

November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great products, easy to install, solid back end service, I recommend Alder to everyone!

Robyn Hill

October 31st, 2019 Arlington, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cant even give this company a star. I got this service only because the sales man I spoke to lied to me about what he is giving me. I was told the cameras are internet free. And when I called to cancel I could not even talk to a manager about the problem, instead I got threatened that I would have to pay the rest of the contract out

Nov 08, 2019

Hi Robyn. Thanks for your review. Your experience is certainly not the type that we ever want to have happen. If you haven't been able to resolve your concerns over the phone with us yet, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] Thanks again.

Scott

October 28th, 2019 Tyler, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Promised to upgrade our existing system, which had all windows monitored. However upon installation, the tech "didn't have enough equipment.". Nor did he have the smoke alarms. After 2 weeks of trying to get them to finish the job, we called the 800 number and the wait for customer service was 90 minutes. We promptly cancelled within 30 days.

Oct 28, 2019

Hi Scott. Thanks for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to improve going forward. If you ever have any questions or concerns we should know of, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Timothy Pearson

October 17th, 2019 Shawnee, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I have accidentally set our alarm off a few times, and have never received a call or notification. While on vacation, our neighbor set our alarm off while feeding our dogs. We didn't know until we returned home a week later. I am trying to cancel my service because I am not receiving the service I am paying for. I have called 6 times. Alder refuses to allow me to cancel. Refusing to even allow me to speak to an account manager. I have spoken to Mar, John, and Al. Mar being the absolute worst by far. They want to mail me a letter, and of course hold me responsible for the charges while I wait. Again, I'm not receiving the service I am paying for. But that doesn't even matter, because I live in a "fire at will state" giving me a legal right to cancel my service at any time. I am going to file suit against Alder. If anyone is interested, contact me. I tried to publish my email but it is not allowed. If enough people with valid complaints are interested, maybe we can file class action.

Oct 21, 2019

Hi Timothy. Thanks for writing a review about your experience. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or let me know if you have any other concerns we need to address at [email protected]

Lisa

October 17th, 2019 Kilgore, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of the worst security companies ever. I recommend do not used them. They Do not return calls they are taking money for a system that is not workIng properly and has been reported that it was not working. Mark the manager there is a joke he will not return a call and neither will Brice. We have been trying to call and work with is company for almost a month. This company is in breech of contract and is stealing from us by still processing our credit card. I have now put them under investigation and contacted my attorney. If they knock at your door and try to sell you a system ya better slam it. There not worth your time nor your money. Lesson Learned here. I wish I could give them no stars but I guess they at least want one due to that’s just the way they are. It won’t let you post a review if you don’t again a freakin joke they are. I would not put a Alder system in my dogs dog house!!!! Good luck from Texas!!

Oct 21, 2019

Hi Lisa. Thanks for your review. I'm grateful to hear from you, and I apologize for your experience. Please feel free to reach us at [email protected], or reach me directly at [email protected] if you need anything else.

Gregg

October 17th, 2019 Ponca City, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’d honestly give them no stars if that was possible. This is by far the dirtiest company I have ever tried to do business with. First off they lie about contract length. Then when you sign and see it was 5 years with a renewal clause that kicks in automatically instead of a 3 year. Also when cancelled and they have no problem sending a return label, the 100% will not tell you it only covers 15oz. You can’t even ship the empty box back for that. Not a big deal except it happened 3 times before they finally tell me it was bc the label only covers the 15oz. In the mean time you get phone calls from them which immediately put you on hold generally from 10-24minutes. Or they call, you say hello and they hang up which is basically crank calling and harassing. Last manager I called said it was their dialer that did so at least if they are truly recording that’s in file that they lied. Bc the girl that talked to me before said I was being unprofessional when she said I assure you our company doesn’t do that. Well your manager just said you did. Also they could care less if your system actually works. Camera didn’t work said my internet needed upgraded did that twice still no camera. They tell you they auto draft once a month when they actually do it twice a month. I’ve called and asked to speak to a manager multiple times and am always told they are busy. Ok so what is their job actually then? Crooked company that will be hearing from my lawyer soon, you should be careful not to trust them. They try and make you jump through hoops to end your contract or cancel anything in hopes you will get frustrated and just pay them. Wrong person this time.

Oct 21, 2019

Hi Gregg. Thanks for your review. I appreciate your candor and honesty, and I apologize for this experience you've had. Feel free to contact us at [email protected], or reach me at [email protected] if there are any other questions or concerns we need to follow up on. Thanks again!

Shannon

October 10th, 2019 Birmingham, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zero stars would be more suitable for this lying, deceiving,rude company. Their sales rep lied and said i had 60 days to decide if i wanted to keep their service, 1 month later I decided I didn't want their service and they refused to let me cancel. I complained to a manager who also refused to help me. They told me in order to get out of the contract pay 5 years worth of service or find someone else to take over the contract. They try to MAKE you keep their service against your own will. I can't wait to join the class action lawsuit against them. Please don't waste your time and money

Oct 14, 2019

Hi Shannon. Thanks for your review. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] so we can come to a resolution about this. We're happy to help. --Scott

Vasthi Perez

October 4th, 2019 Pasadena, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had to rate 1 because zero or negative was not an option. This company has been awful to work with. They are not responsive and just plain don't care. I have been trying for months to get them to cancel my service since our contract with them has ended. Each time I call they just put me on hold for over 20 minutes and then drop the call. I have emailed, faxed and even confirmed they receive my cancellation notice within the time required. They now have collectors calling us and sending us delinquency notices with threats. They are the worst! Can wait to be rid of them!!!!

Oct 07, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. We appreciate hearing from you, and we're glad you've told us of this experience, so that we can work for a resolution. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. Thanks. --Scott.

Judith

October 1st, 2019 Macon, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company continues to bully me daily. I told the account collector that an account manager was supposed to be sending me documents to cancel my system. He demanded that I unfreeze my bank account and pay up. It would probably take months for Alder to cancel and in the meantime, I owed them. So, I am still being jerked around with this company.

Oct 01, 2019

Thanks for your review. I checked your account, and one of our agents sent you the notice of cancellation for both of your accounts. Please call 844-442-5337 Ext 917 if you do not see them in the next few days.

Bonnie Henderson

October 1st, 2019 Del Rio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst company I have ever delt with. Trying to cancel has been an nightmare. I have been waiting for their cancellation form for over 3 months. I have called 6 times and each time have been on hold for 1 to 3 months, and still have not received it.

Oct 01, 2019

Thanks for your review, Bonnie. Please call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 917 if you don't receive your cancellation form in the next few days.

Marty

September 30th, 2019 Converse, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No weekend technical service available. Batteries constantly go out on devices. No one knows who to direct you to or knows what they are doing. Questions are not answered contract is so ridiculously long that you are locked in and have to suffer and pay until your time is up. Pricey repairs.

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Marty. Thanks for your review. If you reach out to me at [email protected] with your Alder account info, I can look into these issues for you and help make sure we go forward on smoother footing.

Bernadine

September 30th, 2019 Decherd, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Service was good....customer service is the worst I've ever experienced for a service that I paid for. I literally had to hang up on the rep because she wouldn't take NO that I did not want to renew my service. Wished I had read the reviews before signing up for your service!!! Hope I dont' have to retain a layer to end this. I did my part and paid for the 5 years I signed up for. Never missed or late on a payment, now do your part and honor my wishes to end this!

Sep 30, 2019

Thanks for your review, Bernadine! Sorry to hear you've had this experience over the phone. I see that we're sending you a notice of cancellation for you to sign and return. We will be able to cancel your account once we receive it back from you. Please call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 917 if you have any questions, or go ahead and email me directly at [email protected]

Judith Ewing

September 25th, 2019 Macon, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I, too, have had severe problems with Alder. I purchased two security systems with this company in June 28, 2014, one for my home and one for our business. I moved from my home in May 2015 and still continued to pay for the system. I checked the dates to make sure that the contracts would be completely gone and I have been trying to talk to customer service since June 1 about these ending contracts They tell me that "it is not my decision to end the contracts, but the discretion of Alder's management." They would not allow me to talk with an account manager at all. I have stayed on hold by phone for more than 90 minutes at a time and then they disconnected my calls. I decided to take matters in my own hands and stop payments on the 2 drafts; now the company calls my cell phone and business at least 1-2 times a day, harassing me over non-payment. I have paid Alder Holdings $6,676.80 over the past 5 years just like I agree to, whether I was in those properties or not The contracts are up and to pay them anymore means I agree to another 5 years of nothing. It feels like a jail term, except I am not free from them yet. I have moved from both properties and there is something totally wrong and misguided for a company to continue to demand I be a consenting customer and I am surely not. If I could give them a no-star, I would. I have written to the e-mails stated in other people's review (Scott I) and have had no response. I have written to [email protected] and evidently, they don't care. The original sale was a lie; I asked the young man if I moved, what happens? "We can move it with you or disconnect you if there is a problem having the service." Looks like both lies to me. So, today, I will take more harassing phone calls from this company, more rude and insulting banter, but at least I have quit crying and losing sleep over this. If you need home security, try a more reliable company, because it isn't this one. I hope there is a class action suit against this company and I will be the first to sign it and I have never sued anyone in my life. Am I for real? You bet. I hope this review helps someone else. They are not who they claim to be.

Sep 27, 2019

Hi Judith! I've sent you an email regarding your concerns. Thanks for your patience.

J Elledge

September 25th, 2019 Dallas, TX

I am not a customer. I did not ask to be on any communication list. However ALDER SECURITY has called my cell phone 30 times today. 20 times yesterday. Highly INAPPROPRIATE , UNETHICAL, and constituted HARASSMENT.

Sep 30, 2019

Thanks for reaching out, and for bringing this to our attention. If you have not had this resolved yet, please contact us at [email protected]

MONA DABIDEEN

September 24th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I HAVE HAD ALDER FOR 21/2 YEARS THEY TRIED TO SEND ME A CONTRACT FOR 5 YEARS WHICH I CHANGED IMMIDIATELY THEY TRANSFERRED MY E SIG TO A CONTRACT WHICH WAS ILEGAL THEN MY ALARM WENT OFF FOR 2DAYS BEFORE IT WAS TURNEDOFF AFTER THE POLICE CAME SINCE THEY HAVE BILLED ME EVEN I HAD NO SERVICE THEN TREATENED TO TURN ME TO THIRD PARTY UNALBLE TOTALK WITH THEM THEY ARE DISHONEST COMPANY MONADABIDEEN

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Mona. Thanks for leaving a review, and for letting us know your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any further concerns or questions.

Krystal amie

September 23rd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If i could give this company no starts i would they told me that i could cancel at anytime with no pintaly when they first came out to our home now they are trying to say i have to pay for the 60 months that i singed up for however i did not sign anything saying that . i have all the document that were given to me and the rep signed my name on all the document and me not knowing until she handed me the envelope as she walked out the door. i even have a phone call with the a month after this service to let them know that i was moving and to let them come get the equipment they told me it would be 30 days before they could have some one to come out and remove it so i told here i would take e it to my new address . im trying to cancel being that my alarm has not been set for about 3 months due to the system begin tamper with so i can set it even if i wanted to . i a lawyer on standby i event contacted the BBB on them because this is a bunch of bull. i refuse to allow them not hold me to an agreement that i never even signed to begin with. i even sent over my hand writing for them to compare with the documented i supposed to have signed. PLEASE DON'T GO WITH THIS COMPANY

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Krystal. Thanks for your review. I apologize you've had this experience, but we're working to resolve this for you. Please let me know if you have any questions by contacting me at [email protected] Thanks again!

Brenda

September 20th, 2019 Garden City, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I decided to cancel my service with them when I seen their reviews and “I was right”. I cancelled in August and they said they would mail my refund since I had done all they asked for the refund return signed paperwork and send equipment back . 1 month later no refunded and on top of that they continued to automatically withdraw my payment!! When I called about my 200$ refund the sales representative was very rude, yelled at me told me to wait 3 more weeks if I wanted my money. I said it takes 3/45 business days to receive a check not 3 weeks I had already waited a month he got very ugly and told me if thats all you need then bye hung up. what a disappointment in this company horrible horrible service pls think twice on becoming a costumer

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Brenda. Thanks for your review, and for bringing your experience to our attention. I've looked into your account and made sure we're getting things fully resolved. Please call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 916 if you have any questions about the progress on your refund.

Angry customer

September 9th, 2019 Richmond, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give negative stars on this company I totally would. Sales rep came to our house and my husband clearly stated he didn’t want contracts. The sales rep said he understood and now we are in a 5 YEAR contract! We also were told that we would get the first month free and didn’t receive that. We have been billed every month! Now we are moving and trying to get out of this contract because we will not be in the same home. We called the sales rep and he said it was totally possible but the corporate company says it’s not. We constantly keep getting the run around and no one is solving anything. I feel like we have to eventually get ahold of the news station to bring light to these scammers or an attorney to resolve this issue ourselves. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They are not trustworthy and when you keep calling customer service they act like they don’t want to talk to you or resolve your issue. This company needs to be shut down!

Sep 09, 2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your reaching out to us, and we'd like to make sure we help you. Please let us know either your Alder account number or phone number at [email protected] so that we can take steps towards a resolution. Thanks again!

Scott

September 9th, 2019 Lebanon, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The experience with Alder has been at the very least, extremely time consuming and nightmare-ish. I highly recommend finding another company to secure your property. We have attempted to cancel service on a property that we no longer own, have called in several times to address the issue only to be put on hold for over 90 mins (on more than one occasion) and then told that a supervisor will call us back. We are still in the process of trying to get that handled. A tenant who was renting from us had them put a system in the home ( normally legitimate companies won't service renters because they are transient and many not stay long enough for the company to make a profit ) When the renter left, Alder sold my mother on taking service over and entering into a agreement when all she wanted was service for one month while prepping the home for sale. The home sold at the start of August and well into September it is still being used by the new owners. Very difficult to work with and based on my experience will take advantage of the elderly. I hope this helps.

Sep 09, 2019

Thanks for your review. We've sent an email to you to come to a resolution. We appreciate your patience.

Fenessa

September 5th, 2019 Hattiesburg, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the WORST security company, ,I have had this service for approx. 3yrs in that time I called them on several occasions left several messages about the service not working or having a defect,, Yes they called back but to NO avail cause they wanted to charge $40 for someone to come out to check their equipment. They try to Beat your brains out with all these service ' unseen charges' But this is NOT an HONEST Company!!reporting to BBB

Sep 05, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry you feel this way about how things have gone. Have our tech support agents been able to troubleshoot your system yet? If not, you can call 844-442-5337 or email [email protected]

Rickey l Camp

August 27th, 2019 Panama City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i would not use this company they are good on their word and trick you and do not tell you that you are renewing your account for a new term.

Aug 27, 2019

Thanks for your review, Rickey. Sorry you feel this way. We always ensure account renewals are made with our customers' permission and understanding. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any other concerns or questions.

penelope

August 23rd, 2019 Vashon, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alder is the worst business I have ever dealt with. I believe their business model is actually a scam to keep you tied to their contract. They have an automatic renewal for 60 months unless cancelled by the client of the end of your contract. THEIR TRICK is that you must provide written notice to them 15 days before the expiration of the contract. But they will not acknowledge receipt of your cancellation. I was also told by one of their telephone staff in the LOYALTY DEPARTMENT that any cancellation in order to be valid must be on their cancellation form that they will mail out to you. THE TRICK, they never mail their cancellation form. Call again, the agent says it is taking awhile to get it mailed to you, but it's in the mail. However, it never arrives. Last week, I have called and been placed on hold for over an hour, i have emailed, and mailed a letter. NO RESPONSE. I have given notice that if do not receive this so call cancellation form by Septem,ber 1, 2019, I will tell my bank that Alder is no longer authorized to charge my credit card, I will contact the . Better Business Bureau, and I will contact my attorney. I refuse to be bambozzled into another 5 years with this company whose product is as shoddy as they are. In reading the other reviews, I know that this is Alder's customary business practices. I personally am going to pray for the company owners and all those that work there for the Bible admonishes us to pray for those who mistreat you.

Aug 23, 2019

Thanks for your review, Penelope. Sorry you feel this way! I'm working on resolving this for you with our resolutions team. Please feel free to contact them at [email protected] if you have any more concerns or questions. --Scott

Trent MathisDurham

August 23rd, 2019 Cordova, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just recently signed up and got my equipment and connected it today. It was simple and I had no issues. I am aware of the contact terms which were discussed during the final step of my phone order. Hopefully my experience will be better than some of the ones I am ready, but as of now I am definitely a satisfied customer.

Aug 23, 2019

Hi Trent. Thanks for your review. We're happy to know that you're happy with your new system. Let us know if you ever need anything. --Scott

B Juergens

August 23rd, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In The 2 months we started with Alder I have spent many hours on tech support calls. We had Brinks and no problem, but Alder could do more and charge less , the sales guy said . It was a 60 month contract not 36 months . It is cheaper but I have spent so much time it was not worth the savings . The techs have all been very patient and helpful trying to solve issues with false alarms and inaccurate information on panel and Changing sensors . I am very frustrated with spending so much time and I am Not sure the system will work with all the sensors working while in away mode . I’m very sorry now that I switched!

Aug 23, 2019

Thanks for leaving an honest review. I apologize you've had this type of experience. We aim to improve it as soon as we can. Please feel free to email [email protected] if you have any more concerns we need to address.

Shawna Shepard

August 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jeremy, an unscrupulous and unethical Alder rep, came to my home in July stating, "Oh I see that you have a Vivint sign in your yard. We are in the area updating Vivint equipment, and we wanted to see if you wanted your equipment updated which includes 2 free cameras." I told asked him about his "Alder" shirt and hat, and he claimed that they were a sister company of Vivint. He stated that they are all under the same umbrella. He stated that if I upgraded my equipment, he would cancel my current contract with Vivint and start a new contract. He said that he does this all of the time, and it is standard procedure for upgrades. He said that he would ensure that it was canceled to ensure that there would be no "double billing". I also have Jeremy recorded on camera stating all of this mess. I checked my bank account on July 25th, and sure enough, I am billed by Alder and Vivint. Repeated attempts to call customer service have been futile, as all I get is the run around. All this company does is lie. I was told on one call that it can take up to two weeks to cancel out the pre-existing contract. I called again 2 weeks later be told it would be 30 days. I called a week later, and was told that they had everything ready, but I needed to contact Vivint because Vivint had failed to respond to their requests for a buyout. UHHHMMMM I thought you all were the "same" company. Lies lies lies. I even emailed these clowns the video of Jeremy, but these idiots still haven't done anything. I finally called Vivint, and they advised that legally, Alder cannot hold consumers liable for ANY contract that was entered into fraudulently. I called the city clerk out of Utah, and I found out that they were not even licensed to sell alarms in Texas. That is a law that they have broken, once again fraud. I have called and demanded to cancel to no avail, so I am sending the video, and all of this information to my attorney, the BBB, and the US Attorney's office. These people won't understand anything other than legal action, and trust and believe I don't mind. If any of these idiots knock on your door, please promptly dismiss them.

Aug 23, 2019

Hi Shawna! Thanks for your review. I appreciate your thoroughness and honesty. I'm sorry that this is how things have gone so far. I've reached out to your sales rep about this, and we're working on resolving your concerns. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any other concerns or questions. --Scott

Jason

August 20th, 2019 Wooster, OH

I’m having the same problem as everyone else with this so called security alarm company . I missed my cancellation date my 2-3 days and now they will not disconnect This crappy security alarm system that’s in my home. They want me to pay around 5 Thousand dollars to get out of my contract that I had no clue was for five years I was never told that from the representative that came to my house. I’ve been on the phone with them multiple times and still nothing has been resolved. I’ve told them to disconnect it and yet it still connected . So there for all that’s happening is my bill is going to continue to go up. They keep saying oh give the alarm system to someone else why would I do that this is a bad company and all they’re doing is trying to scam someone else. If you are looking to get this alarm system for your home do not do it run away. 🤬

Aug 20, 2019

Hi Jason. Thanks for your review. Sorry for this happening. We're happy to be flexible with your situation, but feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any other questions or concerns. I'd be happy to look into your account and double-check the signed agreement and welcome survey we conducted with you. --Scott

Robert Beaman

August 19th, 2019 Huntsville, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a contract with them for 5 years which was over on June 15, 2019. I contacted them by phone on June 10 requesting to cancel the service. I was told I had to send my request in writing which I did to an address I was given. My letter was returned undeliverable so I received another address and sent the 2nd letter by certified mail. This letter was returned by the Arkansas State Police with notes about being unable to locate! Several days ago I received a letter saying I was $103 past due. I called the number on the letter and was on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes and never got a person to answer. I then sent an email that very day, August 12 stating all of the above and requesting this to be resolved or I would contact my lawyer and file a report with the Better Business Bureau. The email was sent to the email address on the message while on hold. It is 4 days later and there has not been a response! I am not surprised! I would strongly advise anyone looking for a security company to look elsewhere!

Aug 19, 2019

Thanks for your review, Robert. Sorry for this delay! We've cancelled your account. Please contact a resolutions agent at 844-442-5337 Ext 752 if you have any other questions or concerns we need to address.

Janet

August 19th, 2019 Alabaster, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I tried to cancel my contract at the end of the term. Requested 4 times during the same conversation that I wanted it cancelled. They kept offering better deals which I kept turning down and told her again to cancel. I called back the next day to verify account was canceled. Stayed on hold for over one hour and still no response. Finally hung up and am sending a letter. NEVER again will I do business with this company.

Aug 19, 2019

Hi Janet. Thanks for your review. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] with your Alder account number so I can make sure we get this resolved for you. Or, you can call 844-442-5337 Ext 752 and speak to a resolutions agent.

T. Hadley

August 14th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was told by the representative Jordan G, I could cancel at anytime. After several months, I called Mr. G on June 28th, 2019 wanted to cancel the contract. He said that it wouldn't be a problem. I asked will someone be out to get the equipment, he said it would be cut-off and the equipment will stay in the home. He lied. I was billed in July 2019. I reached out to him again, he said it wouldn't be a problem... Finally, I was able to call Customer Service today, rude individual. She said I couldn't cancel, that the representative told me the wrong information. I asked for someone in Management, she said no. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office. I've spoken to an Assistants U.S. Attorney as well.

Aug 14, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review, and for being candid about your experience. I'm sorry this was how things went. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so we can reach a resolution. --Scott

Welsey F.

August 13th, 2019 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been over 3 hours trying to get support to help me install my new system as the glass break system is not connecting and therefor i am unable to get the protection as promised and they claim to have 24/7 support but no one is answering but the call center and they transfer me back to the alder system. WILL be canceling first thing in the morning.

Aug 13, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm sorry you've had this experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] or, call 844-442-5337 Ext 752 to reach a resolutions agent directly. --Scott

Keyshia

August 13th, 2019 Columbia, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got everything hooked but when it was time to hook up the panel it did not connect to service and my house is not protected because it have no service what kind of alarm system is this

Aug 13, 2019

Thanks for your review. We're not happy that you've had this experience. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected], or call our tech support team directly at 844-442-5337 Ext 731. --Scott

Dave Farris

August 11th, 2019 Lakin, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Slow response time, plus very poor customer service (on hold for 10 to 20 minutes) difficult to cancel when contract ends . Just a bad experience that left me feeling cheated.

Aug 12, 2019

Thanks for your review, Dave. I apologize that you had this experience at the end of your time with Alder. We've cancelled your account since you've reached the end of your agreement. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks again. --Scott

CAROL BLESS BY SON KENT BLESS

August 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alder lied and told me they had a paper executed extension to my contract that expired 7.1.19 and lied to my son and daughter as well. Then when I sent in the copy of the executed contract from 5 years before clearly showing the expiration date, also the final contract payment, via certified return receipt, they ignored it, began sending more bills and refuse to communicate with me via letter as their phone call people were lying to me. Now they keep calling me and refuse to cease and disist it looks like I'll have to have my attorney get involved and also turn it over to the FTC. These people have no moral compass and take advantage of us retired people and prey on our purses. NASTY evil practices, I would never get involved with them again. :(

Aug 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. Sorry you feel this way! I reviewed your account, and confirmed that you (Carol) did verbally renew the agreement for 36 months. Please reach out to me at [email protected] if there's anything more I can help with or answer. --Scott

Janet Estes

August 8th, 2019 Long Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I received a form letter from Alder informing me my service was being terminated in April 2019. I paid my balance and expected my service was cancelled. I spoke with customer service after receiving another form letter in May. In July, I received the same form letter now with a balance of $229.95. I spoke with multiple customer service persons, who stated a form called Cancellation Paperwork must be submitted by me before the account could be closed. One, of the customer service acct. managers, told me I could not receive the paperwork until the balance was paid. No managers were available when requested and wait times on the phone are ridiculous? My last call was 35 minutes long with 5 minutes of conversation and 30 minutes on hold.

Aug 08, 2019

Hi Janet. Thanks for taking time to write us a review. Sorry for this upsetting experience. I reviewed your account and I see that our account resolutions team is sending you a notice of cancellation and working towards a resolution. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any more concerns or questions. Thanks again. --Scott