Policygenius Logo

Policygenius

7.8

LAST UPDATED: November 1st, 2021

Your home is a major purchase and an important part of your life. As you make decisions about insuring your home, you'll want to work with a company focused on you.

Policygenius is focused on you. The independent insurance broker shows this commitment through its educational resources, making insurance accessible, salaried agents, vetting insurance partners for financial strength, and continued help post-purchase.

Using Policygenius's quote software, you can easily compare policies and rates from multiple insurers. The ability to compare helps you find a policy that meets your insurance needs while considering cost.

Working with an agent to evaluate your options, you can find and apply for a home insurance product. Once a home inspection is complete, your policy will be finalized and ready to sign.

Policygenius doesn't stop there. It reshops your insurance policy every year to see if there's a better rate for what you need. Learn more about the other benefits of working with Policygenius.

Read Policygenius Reviews

The Good

• Policies from Top Insurers
  • Simple Quote Interface
  • Work with Salaried, Licensed Agents
  • Continued Annual Help
  • Helpful Educational Resources

Policies from Top Insurers

Policygenius only works with insurers that have received Excellent or Superior ratings from A.M. Best. These financial strength ratings are an indicator of how likely an insurer will be able to meet its claims obligations.

You'll want to buy from a highly rated insurance company because you don't want a situation where you make a claim and the insurer can't pay it. Fortunately, Policygenius does this vetting for you, which means you can spend your time comparing policies and rates.

Simple Quote Interface

Another advantage of working with Policygenius is using its simple quote interface. First, you'll provide information on your home and living situation. Then, you'll choose a coverage amount. Once you've completed this information, you'll provide your email for a curated list of policies to compare.

Once you've received an email, you can work with one of Policygenius's experts to evaluate policies, rates, and discounts. The expert will also help you complete the application paperwork.

After you've submitted the paperwork, a home inspector will visit your home as a final step. Once the inspection is complete, your insurance policy will be finalized and ready for your signature.

While buying home insurance is not an instant process and cannot be done fully online, Policygenius makes the process as simple as possible so you can find the best policy that meets your needs.

Work with Salaried, Licensed Agents

Policygenius employs licensed insurance agents to help you with your questions and applications. You can work with these agents for free because Policygenius as an agency earns commissions from insurers when it sells policies. Policygenius works with many insurers and none pay for preferential treatment, so you don't have to worry much about failing to consider options or bias when you work with this agency.

Continued Annual Help

One of the nicest benefits of buying homeowners insurance through Policygenius is that its agents will reshop your policy every year to see if there's a better policy or rate. This continued assistance and re-evaluation makes it easy for you to save money each on your home insurance annually.

Helpful Educational Resources

Policygenius shows its dedication to making insurance accessible and easy by providing many educational resources on its blog. You can learn about the many different types of homeowners insurance (including dwelling, personal property, additional living expenses, and personal liability policies) and savings tips.

These educational resources can help you get a better sense of what you need and how policies work.

The Bad

• Process Not Fully Online
  • Doesn't Work with All Insurers

Process Not Fully Online

One drawback to homeowners insurance is that you can't complete the process fully online. Once you receive a list of quotes and insurance options from Policygenius, you'll need to have a conversation with one of its agents to complete an application.

Before you can purchase a policy, you'll have to have a home inspection. While these aspects of the application and purchase process can be inconvenient, these steps are due to the nature of home insurance. Working with Policygenius still simplifies your shopping process because it makes it easy to compare quotes and policies.

Doesn't Work with All Insurers

Policygenius doesn't work with all insurers. So, if there's a particular insurance carrier you'd like to work with, check to see if Policygenius works with them.

It's a good thing that Policgenius doesn't work with all insurers. The company only works with insurers with high financial strength ratings because high ratings mean a high likelihood that the insurer will be able to pay your claim.

The Bottom Line

Policygenius gets our recommendation because of its focus on clients. Policygenius makes it easy to compare policies and rates from multiple, highly rated insurance companies.

High financial strength ratings indicate an insurer's financial stability and the likelihood it will be able to meet claims obligations. When you apply for home insurance coverage through Policygenius, you don't have to worry about the financial strength of the insurance provider you choose because Policygenius already vets them.

One slight drawback is that the quote and application process isn't fully online. You'll need to have a call with an agent who will help you evaluate your options and complete the application. You'll also have to schedule a home inspection before the insurer finalizes your policy for signature.

While Policygenius's home insurance quote process isn't completely online, its streamlined process makes comparison shopping easier.

5.0

Ryan Rusnock Missoula, MT

Why isn't everyone using this service? I got unbeatable customer service, an incredible price, and I challenge anyone to try and get more coverage than this for less.

Jonathan Hayes Arlington, VA

Very dedicated customer support services! My agent went above and beyond to answer all of my questions and ensure I understood what was being covered by my policy.

John Fenner Rapid City, SD

No issues. Clear instructions. Clear results. Friendly agents. They found a company for me that I would not have found otherwise.

Woody Wall Memphis, TN

My agent was very friendly and knowledgeable. She made the process of finding less expensive insurance for my home and auto completely painless.

Tony Prescott Tacoma, WA

Kelly was helpful and friendly. She was not only professional, but explained the process and helped me understand what I needed to do. Overall, I feel that I got the best policy at the best price for my situation.

STEVE VIG Succasunna, NJ

professional, courteous, knowlegable, helpful....and not pushy.

Jordan Pittsburgh, PA

Had a great experience working with Pamela. Made the process quick and easy

Patricia Blasdell Porterville, CA

Policygenius was a godsend! Karla P was the perfect rep to speak to. She was thorough, explained everything to me in terms and examples I could understand and relate to. I have coverage on items I never even thought about, AND the quote came in $200 less than other companies, which helps to bring my monthly payment down!! I am so glad Policygenius was recommended to me!!

Brandon Layes Townsend, MT

I was very pleased with how things progressed after I initially reached out for a quote. I really liked how things were handled after my initial inquiry. I never felt like I was being hounded for follow-ups. I really liked that communication was done via email and text message so that I could respond when I was ready to. The reminders weren't a bad thing, either. I also had a wonderful experience working with Karla. She was very honest and informative in helping me make a decision. I will tell anyone who will listen about Polygenius and how wonderful the company is!

Eugene Zarzecki Allen Park, MI

Thanks, every thing went smoothly. Saved me about $200.

Adam Walsh Albuquerque, NM

Working with Policygenious could not have been any easier. They utilized my existing insurance to find me comparable coverage from different companies, saving me over $100 a month. They were great to work with and I highly recommend them to anyone looking to save money on insurance.

Michael Fonner Weare, NH

Helpful agents not pushy agents. They did a reasonable search among carriers and found one I could live with. Formerly with USAA, but after many years their pricing kept creeping up until I had enough. Hoping that Policygenius will continue to make sure my insurance rates stay low.

Juanita thompson Lake Park, MN

ery easy to use and purchase a policy. I have spent several hours talking with other insurance agents about my properties and coverages. This from start to finish was about 15 mins. once I got the quote.

Tamara James Fort Worth, TX

It was fast, easy, and I saved a lot of money!

George Cohen West Roxbury, MA

After showing them policy papers from my last insurance company, Policygenius did all of the comparison work and saved me hundreds of dollars.

Erik Root Lansing, MI

The quotes provided were very competitive and the policy expert that I worked with, Paul, provided prompt and helpful responses throughout the process.

Vanessa Stewart Burlington, NJ

The team was very easy to work with and worked to get me the best rates for my home and auto insurance! Love Policygenius and have used them 3 times now!

Rena Peterson Dublin, CA

This is a great service. The response to my inquiry was immediate. Karla went over everything with me and answered all my questions. I saved over $200!

Jonathan Palin Cincinnati, OH

Incredibly efficient organization with impeccable customer service. And yes, great rates! Thank you.

Tosha Sayle Lansing, MI

The customer service is superior and I would recommend Policygenius to everyone. They are quick and efficient.

Michelle Seattle, WA

My agent was really nice and explained things to me. The experience was easy and transparent.

Itai Elboim Saint Simons Island, GA

Very professional, knowledgable, honest, and communicative.