Overstock Logo

Overstock

5.0

LAST UPDATED: May 19th, 2021

Overstock.com launched in 1999 in an effort to provide consumers with quality products at the most affordable prices on the market. Consumers can shop for a large selection of home-based and personal products including furniture, jewelry, and more. The team at Overstock.com prides itself on providing excellent customer service with the goal of offering a wide selection of goods, affordable prices, and a stress-free shopping environment.

The Good

• Large Inventory
  • Savings Opportunities
  • Shipping

Large Inventory

Overstock features a large inventory of several types of consumer goods. Categories include home décor, kitchen and dining, home improvement, housewares, garden and patio, bath, luggage, kids and baby, apparel, jewelry, and bags. Overstock has also created a room ideas category where various products are paired together in a variety of styles giving customers insight into specific products they can purchase to fit the style of any room in their home. Categories feature sales, clearance, and new arrivals tabs where consumers will find daily promotions and discounts on select products.

Savings Opportunities

Overstock runs frequent deals for holidays and provides exclusive email offers to everyone on the Overstock email list. When you first visit the site, you can "spin the wheel" to get an immediate discount on your purchase.

Club O is Overstock's rewards program membership and provides these benefits:

• 5% back in rewards on every purchase
  • Up to $40 in rewards for each product review you write
  • Access to the Extra Rewards Store
  • Price match guarantee
  • Free returns
  • Free shipping
  • Hotel booking discounts up to 45%

Club O comes with a free 30-day trial, then membership costs $19.95 per month. Memberships are free for active military members, veterans, teachers, students, and first responders.

Shipping

Overstock.com provides free shipping to the contiguous United States on all orders over $45. Most items ship within 1 to 2 business days while larger furniture items take anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks. An estimated delivery time may be obtained when checking out. Overstock.com currently offers international shipping in over 180 different countries through a partnership with Bongo International. Bongo provides international payment processing in a variety of currencies. Consumers are given a guaranteed order total upon checkout which includes shipping fees, taxes/duties, and shipment insurance.

The Bad

• Oversized Item Returns
  • Warranty Information

Oversized Item Returns

Overstock offers refunds for unused items when the return process is initiated within 30 days of delivery. However, when returning an undamaged piece of furniture or other large items, the customer is responsible for the return shipping costs. Customers should be aware of this policy prior to placing a furniture order so they're not surprised by expensive return shipping fees.

Warranty Information

Warranty information is difficult to find on Overstock.com since warranties vary based on the product. You need to contact customer service directly for warranty information on specific products.

The Bottom Line

Overstock.com provides consumers with a large product selection at affordable prices that can be further discounted with seasonal promotions and Club O membership rewards. We recommend Overstock as a one-stop shop for furniture. But since the customer is responsible for return shipping costs for oversized items, make sure you love the furniture in your order before placing it.

4.1

Kory Staheli

Overstock is a great resource for home and office furnishings. They have a great variety at very reasonable prices. I recently ordered 2 chairs for my office but when they arrived they were damaged. My assistant contacted Overstock and they sent out 2 new chairs immediately no questions asked. The new chairs arrived quickly and without damage. I am pleased with both the quality of the product and with their great customer service.

JUDE Palm Springs, CA

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A TURKISH TOWEL SET WITH A BATH MAT INCLUDED. I AM DELIGHTED WITH THE TEXTURE OF THE TOWELS THE WEIGHT IS JUST RIGHT NOT TOO HEAVY OR TOO LIGHT. THEY WASHED BEAUTIFULLY AND ABSORBS VERY WELL ALSO. WOULD PURCHASE AGAIN WHEN NEEDED. JUDE

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

We have been very satisfied with the quality, service, and pricing we have experienced with Overstock. The products we have ordered have been "as advertised" and the delivery and customer service has been good. These are not "second hand" or used products and the variety Overstock offers is very good. We have found nothing that would stop us from continuing to use Overstock in the future!

Robyn Brady Kent, OH

I have found a few interesting items at Overstock that I didn't think I could find. Prices aren't always the best but you have to look through a lot of inventory to find what you need.

ltrain8796 Orem, UT

I love Overstock's selection of modern furniture. They are a local utah company which is something I love. Shopping local is the way it will be done in the future and their site is easy to navigate and use.

Kimmi Riverton, UT

If you're patient and persistent you can find great deals here. They seem to have something for all different tastes. To find my style it takes time but if I find something it is usually for a great price.

Dan Sandy, UT

Good for buying small furniture for like an apartment that looks trendy. Good for smaller apartments and townhomes although I have had two deliveries that were damaged and shipping was a bit of a hassle in those cases

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

A lot of the decorations in my house are from Overstock! We were able to buy multiple bookshelves and storage units that look great in our house for a very low price. It definitely added to our home decor and they have great, stylish storage options!

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

They are always on my list of places to look when I need a new piece of furniture for my home or office. I love the selection and the ever changing inventory.

mccandless24 Kaysville, UT

We ordered a bedspread for my daughters room through Overstock. It arrived in amazing time and was just as pictured. Brand New and perfect for her room. We were very satisfied.

fernandopessoa South Jordan, UT

We ordered some rugs from overstock and they have been great. Shipping was fast and items arrived without issue. I always check other sites for pricing because overstock is not always the cheapest.

Kirat Society Texas Euless, TX

We always use the Overstock.com which is really really reliable and popular in US society in these days. It will gives us 100 % satisfaction.

Jamie Neider Kaysville, UT

Great place to find area rugs! My house is covered with them. I have been happy with the fast delivery and surprisingly good quality.

PessoaJ Herriman, UT

I have had good luck on overstock so far with my purchases. They may or not always be the cheapest though. You can get great deals though on rugs and other furniture items.

Christyan Bennett Baton Rouge, LA

Overstock is a great place to get affordable home appliances. I really enjoy getting my appliances for any part of my house; from the bathroom to the living room.

Brittany Bray Springville, UT

I have bought many rugs from overstock and have been very impressed. I also bought my husbands wedding ring from them and he loves it! Great quality! Great price!

take7 Sandy, UT

Great selection and prices. Delivery was easy and on time. I buy overstock items to update my home or change through the seasons.

Kaydence Bonino Riverton, UT

We've bought a few things from overstock and have been very happy. The shipping was fast and the quality was good. I will shop there again.

MattB , UT

Have ordered several times on-line, web site is user friendly, timely arrival of product, would use again

Josh Harold Dallas, TX

I’ve found the best funnafure for my home from this website they have a wide varity and great prices.

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

Overstock has a wide selection of home products. Their prices are comparable to other retail stores.

Amanda Montebello, CA

From my purchases through overstock I’ve had good experiences and appreciate the lower prices.

Bryndie Managua, MN

GREAT place to shop for furniture on a budget. Lots of options to look at for a discounted price.

Amanda Warrendale, PA

Good customer service but the quality of furniture could be better in my opinion.

bailey jo Orem, UT

Good quality and fair pricing. Love their selection and how easy everything is to find.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

They have good stuff if you look really long and hard for it.