Sportsman's Warehouse is an outdoor sporting goods retailer which operates in 18 states across the United States, including Alaska. Sportsman's Warehouse sells apparel and footwear as well as hunting gear, shooting gear, reloading items, camping gear, fishing essentials, boating products, and more. In addition to the store chains, Sportsman's Warehouse also has a website that is designed to provide a level of convenience to the average outdoor enthusiast.

#1 Bass Pro Shop chevron_right
#2 GrabAGun chevron_right
#3 MidwayUSA chevron_right
1.7
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ammunition Selection
  • Beginner Firearms

Sportsman's Warehouse has a large selection of ammunition for guns of all kind; from airsoft pellets to hunting and self-defense cartridges. They sell guns that are cheap and friendly that customers can purchase to help their children who are starting to learn how to shoot as well. Ammunition may take a few days to get to a customer if it is being shipped, but there is ammunition in stock for most guns. Depending on the item, Sportsman's Warehouse may also include warranties on certain guns and other products.

Ammunition Selection

Sportsman's Warehouse sells just about every type of ammunition out there. It carries several different brands, ranging in prices to help with tight budgets. The sporting goods store offers handgun ammo, rimfire ammo, shotgun ammo, rifle ammo, and more for purchase.

Beginner Firearms

The selection is a little more limited than other online sporting goods stores, which does help with first-time firearms owners. The Sportsman's Warehouse store does sell handguns, rifles, and shotgun products. There are also guns that are relatively inexpensive, giving customers the opportunity to test out different guns before committing to one that is expensive.

The Bad

• Limited Selection for First-Time Gun Owners
  • No Comparison Tool

There is not a comparison tool by which a customer can compare the guns they find in Sportsman's Warehouse's selection. Their gun and weapon selection is considered somewhat average compared to other online platforms, with 2/3 of its weapons choice being black powder guns, and the other 1/3 is of airsoft or air-powered guns. For the more experienced hunter, the selection may be a little disappointing.

Limited Selection for First-Time Gun Owners

While the limited selection may be ideal for a first-time gun owner, it won't necessarily be that way for experienced hunters or target shooters.

No Comparison Tool

Sportsman's Warehouse sells all sorts of outdoor products including camping gear, sporting goods, and more, meaning there are thousands to search through when trying to find the right gun or ammunition. Without a comparison tool, it can be difficult to limit search results and find the perfect gun.

The Bottom Line

Since Sportsman's Warehouse is an outdoor sporting goods retailer, they do not focus the necessary attention to their firearms and ammunition department. Because of their lack of variety, and the actual number of guns that can be used for hunting and shooting, this store is very average or below average in supplying guns to those that are in need of them. If there is a store close by, it may be better to just go in to shop. If you are shopping strictly online, you may want to look elsewhere.

View Best Guns and Ammo Stores

2.7

Kendall Nicholson

May 21st, 2020 Murfreesboro, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This store is very disoriented and the employees ack like they couldn't find anything regarding my purchase online. I had to keep calling and calling i kept getting put on hold and hung up on because they knew it was me about my order because they hung up on me so many times. There communication is terible I had order some and they sent me a email saying my order was ready for pick up and i had drove all the way up there to get my item and they told me they couldnt find my order in the systems that it probably hasnt shipped out yet so he ask for my order number and proof because he thought i was lying so i showed him proof and he told me it may still be pending give it a week or so i wait a couple more days because they told me it was delayed cause of covid 19 so i called back on a Monday which was the next week they told me that it still says the same thing then.the dude said he call ups and said they never got the truck with my item on it do to the corona virus and that warehouse was closed so i my question is they are getting over because they are not notifying the customers on.how really long its gonna take to get there item i still haven't recieved my order and i placed it on Aprill 25 so i called and cancelled it and the lady told me i would recieve a email saying its canceled the next day i haven't recieved anything there customer service is very poor and its hard to get them to communicate with me if i was you i wouldnt order anything online from this store because they may have recieved my item and sold it to someone that came in the store and making me wait till there new inventory comes in till they give me my order that should have already been there because you dont legally own the fire arm untill you sign the paper work so there for they could have sold it to anyone because i just order purchase it to come to that store but they do not do paperwork online for your item that you purchase so your paying for something that they can do anything with when it arrives

Cfish

May 5th, 2020 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have never had such worst customer service ever! They actively turned me away from buying a bow since he didn't know where they put them

daryl bauer

April 18th, 2020 Shelbyville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ok let me start by saying my first instore firearm purchase was fantastic ! I was impressed with the varied selection of arms ,ammo , accessories along with fishing and camping . I thought to myself these folks have it together ! Boy was I ever wrong ! on 3 7 20 i received a Sportsman's email and in that e mail was the kel tec p17 22 pistol on sale , I ordered two for my twin Grandsons birthday presents , a week went by another e mail that the pistols were ready for pick up at the Murfreesboro store , 125 miles one way only to find out that only 1 shipped and was at the store ! After talking to the gun manager he told me he didn't know what happened to the second pistol but would find out , he also said he would make sure i didn't waste the trip ! So a week goes by I call the manager this time he tells me the pistol was shipped from a different store and would arrive in a few days , 5 days later call again talk to manager , this time the pistol has been shipped from a closed store out in vegas ! I email customer service the rep e mailed she would find out and get right back 4 days later this time i call the operator tells me their { sw } is aware of my problem and rep would be in contact , 2 days another e mail this time she tells me she would check into what happened , 4 days another e mail she tells me there are no pistols to be had and didn't know when kel tec would make and ship , i told her I would gladly wait until 7 25 20 and that i would stay in contact , month goes by another e mail form letter this time SW has canceled my order for the second kel tec and refunded my money ! Now let me explain I ordered these before the world went corona crazy , there were no limits ! which means that someone in the SW chain made the decision to short my order and sell my second kel tec to someone else ! nowhere on the add were there any limits ! And i was willing to wait until 7 25 20 for the second kel tec . I'm very disappointed with SW ! No customer care ! total lack of communication ! No one knows anything about anything ! I will not recommend them for anything ! I give SW a zero !

Pax

April 2nd, 2020 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Placing orders for firearms are the worst thing you can do with these guys, first they shipped my order across state lines to the wrong store, they have returned no calls even though it’s open. When it finally made it to my state they refused to give it to me because the receiving clerk called out sick, nobody attempted to do that job before I guess. On top of everything the gun counter guy was acting like it was all my fault. Good luck with the future SW, you’re not the only option anymore.

April Jones

March 27th, 2020 Tremonton, UT

We went in to purchase a gun, and stood there for 15 minutes without even being helped and so were not even able to look at the options of gums they had. Was not impressed.

David brown

March 16th, 2020 Rochester, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Two months ago bought a pair of boots for $200 cable ties instead of leases one of the cables broke sportsman warehouse refused to return or replace the boot because their policy for returns is 30 days never again will I spend money at that store and if you’re all smart you stay away I am only giving them one star only because their site is making me put in something

Ben Gubler

March 12th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In the past I have had my arrows cut at sportsman's Warehouse and there has never been a fee, well today I go get them cut and he brings my arrows back with a labor ticket of a dollar per arrow! I had 24 arrows cut and no warning of a charge. I paid the 25 and change after tax, but there are too many good sporting goods stores around for me to return. And FYI Scheels still cuts arrows free of charge.

Austin Stelmach

March 10th, 2020 Boulder, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sportsman's Warehouse has the best selection of any outdoor store. As an avid flyfisherman, it is difficult to find fly tying materials at normal outdoor stores, but Sportsman's Warehouse always has what I need.

Eddie Rios

February 6th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sportsman's warehouse caters to the avid outdoorsman in all hunting and fishing activities. I feel their inventory is comprehensive. If you need it - they have it. Their sales clerks are extremely helpful in finding the right tools for the right activity. You can't miss with Sportsman's Warehouse. They are successful because they know what they are doing!

Mykahla Nelson

February 1st, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This store is awesome! You can honestly find any type of fishing, hunting, or any other outdoors activity!

Bob

January 30th, 2020 Brownsville, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went to two locations looking for a sale product advertised in flyers and listed as in stock on website and they did not have product at either location. I spoke to manager at both locations and got a sorry for your luck answer and confusion. Gotta love it. I filed a complaint with sportsman’s warehouse site and response was they told me how to unsubscribe to their emailed sales notifications. Don’t care about customers so I won’t be giving them my business.

Jesse Rice

January 28th, 2020 Biloxi, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Sportsman's Warehouse has the hard to find equipment for my hunting needs. Camo grass mats for my duck blind and boat blind are always high quality and at great prices. Thanks Sportsman's Warehouse.

Erick Nordmo

January 9th, 2020 Mill City, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered 5 sweatshirts on Cyber Monday, orders were confirmed, tracking details provided couple of days later. One day before packages were supposed to arrive I get an email notice saying one of the Sweatshirts was out of stock and they couldn't send it. After estimated date of arrival I get another notice that another one of the shirts was out of stock and couldn't be shipped. I received 2 packages, each with one sweatshirt yet was billed for 3. Had to turn it over to Paypal as a claim as their offer of refunding the sweatshirt did not take place in time not to escalate to a claim. Will not ever buy from them online again, its not worth the hassle.

Jim cock

January 2nd, 2020 Williamstown, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered a couple of small packs of fishing jigs Waited almost 3 weeks for items to come in ,I could have shipped any package across the country east coast to west coast 4 times within the same time frame ...... not good!

Rebecca

December 27th, 2019 Kernersville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bought Aguila ammunition from sportsman wearhouse in Greensboro, NC 12/26/19. Ammunition malfunction on three different AR-15s (Colt, Sig, Daniel defense) and we notified the Sportsman’s wearhouse and they did nothing to refund us the $110 for the ammunition nor offered to replace with better quality ammunition. Less then 20 rounds was used in the box. Brand new.

Ed

December 16th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered hunting boots after receiving an email ad from them that they were on sale. Booked the order and received confirmation of delivery date. Got an email that they were out of stock and my credit card was not charged. Nothing said to honor the price so I complained to customer service and asked when I would get the boots as the sale price. Got an email back saying sorry and here is a coupon for 10% off your next purchase. My friends also ordered the same boot and all got out of stock notices. NO rain checks or offering to honor their add. DON'T bother ordering their sale stuff they won't deliver.

Dan Moody

December 10th, 2019 Saranac, MI

Was in the Lansing Michigan store and will never return. 3 clerks behind the gun counter no customers and none would offer to help until I initiated the conversation. I ask a question and the response was nope. As the clerk walked away he turned back and said anymore questions? There are much better places that would love to earn your business. To bad I was hoping for something better.

Ken

December 5th, 2019 Chico, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Would not take my water bill with my name and address on it as proof of residency b/c it also has my wife's name on the bill. Said I had to have something with just my name on it. I drove across town and purchased the gun from another dealer w/o any question.

Larson

December 5th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are a great company to work with. I can get all sorts of outdoor gear for a great price. They sell guns and ammo for a great price. The customer service is amazing. They have a good return policy. I would recommend shopping there.

John C Beacham

December 5th, 2019 Nampa, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am extremely disappointed. I ordered 3 rynoskin shirts I on Dec 2. There was no indication that they were out of stock when I ordered and of course my credit card was charged. On Dec 4 I recieved an email that one of the shirts was out of stock. I emailed them immediately to see if the other 2 were shipp with no replyafter 10 hours I had put my phone number and email on this communication. I only found out the other 2 were not shipped when I searched the traking order late in the day Dec 4. there was no contact with me whatsoever about the other 2 shirts being out of stock.. Very poor customer service and very poor website information. Don't trust their website that they have the item.

Mike C.

November 19th, 2019 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Purchased a pistol and paid by card. 5 days later was called and told gun out of stock, order canceled and refund coming!

Tom R

November 4th, 2019 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Latest (and last) experience was trying to purchase a Mossberg MMR when notified of a Loyalty Member exclusive. MAde the purchase and even received an email two days after the scheduled delivery date asking how I liked the rifle. I never received it and after several calls (we think it is on today's truck) and several weeks of frustration I posted a negative review on their site. Review never went up and another week went but when I received a message that the order was cancelled because the item was not in stock. No apology. That and lack of help at store, I'm done. Hello Scheels!

Patrick D

October 21st, 2019 Randle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sportsman's Warehouse is like shopping at a third rate store. Shelf selection is not good at all, they are always out of product, especially if it's in a add. Most of the help is more concerned with chatting with each other rather that helping the costumer, it's ALWAYS the same on every visit. I would post a video of it, but I'm certain MOST experience the same. The rewards program is NOT an easy program to use. Shopped there and spent thousands of dollars. They've always said, "we can use your phone number, it's linked to your card!" Amount that has showed up on my card is $0. After calling and it "being fixed"....still $0. Simply put, Sportsman's Warehouse is not here for us, we are here for them. Recommend that they are the LAST resort to buy your sporting goods.

helloolleh

August 6th, 2019 Chico, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Purchased online some lead shot. Went to local store to pick it up. Staff was very very slow and somewhat indifferent to me. Got tired of waiting for a "can I help you" or "are you waiting for something" and left after 25 minutes of waiting. Will have to go back again and try to get the item I paid for already that the store has in their possession.

Arlen Kessler

April 18th, 2019 Helena, MT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a Burris Veracity scope with a free fullfield scope from the online website. The products were shown in stock and would ship and be delivered in less than a week. A few days later, I received an email cancelling the order! No explanation......I emailed the Company asking why the sale was cancelled? The product was still showing in stock. They did nothing.....did not respond. I have been a "loyalty" customer for years purchasing a rather huge amount of sporting goods from them. Last year I had over $150.00 in rewards accumulated representing $15,000 in purchases and wished to use them towards a purchase. "Sorry" they said, your rewards have expired and are gone. I continued to shop at Sportsman Warehouse. So, I emailed them again, and after no response I am finally realizing how they feel about their customers. All I wanted was for them to say they were sorry and the item was out of stock. Not that difficult. Fortunately for me there are other Sporting goods stores out there that will get my business from now on. Also, I attempted to write an honest review on their website......it would not let me complete the review. I wonder why that is??? Shop with caution.

Enrique

March 11th, 2019 Reno, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reno Nv,I purchase a hangun glock 20 new ,wen home check the gun and the ejector was damage wen back to the store one hour later ,realy bad costomer service,they said theh can't do nothing need to come next to talk to the manager, next day gun manager said he have two options send the gun to fixed need to waith 4 weeks or talk to store manager next day is like to flip a coin i dont know what she will said,next day talk to store manager and she said is nothing she can do ,they sucks,I was buying all my guns and ammo there,not anymore

Clayton Shultz

January 11th, 2019 Bremerton, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Silverdale Washington store has the worst customer service. they act like they don't even care about the customer and they have very little knowledge base of the products they are trying to sell. recently I tried to purchase an item and when it rang up at a different price than was clearly marked on the product they refused to sell it to me at the marked price.

KC Kristen

December 14th, 2018 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

NOT A TRUSTWORTHY SOURCE FOR GOODS! The "website incorrectly listed the item"? Really? What about the person responsible for inputting the data on the website? The classic BAIT AND SWITCH! Buyer beware! If you don't have the product in stock - take it off the site. It's pretty simple. Don't ship me a substitute and then act as if I am wrong to question it.

A PRETORIUS

November 29th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The manager at the Palms, Vanderbijlpark is a huge liaibility to this company. He is arrogant, rude and unprofessional to say the least. The staff are all very helpful and friendly but the Manager is a disgrace.

Troy Brown

November 26th, 2018 Opelika, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cyber Sell says the gun was $139.99 when you click to order it changes the price. Customer Service says that it must have been a mistake on their site but we must pay the other listed price for the gun because they have no way of changing it. Have contacted the store and they will not honor that advertisement from you all. This is Fraud!!!!

Dylan Findlay

August 28th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sportsman's is great for all of our outdoor needs. Prices are great and the staff is helpful.

Tanner Hales

July 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sportsmans is one of my go-tos. I have been really bummed over the last few years as they have downsized. Their selection isn't always the greatest compared to other stores, but their prices are always some of the lowest that you will find. Th

Brayden D.

June 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sportsman’s Warehouse is a go to store when you need anything related to sports or the outdoors. They have almost everything you could possibly need and more!

Ashley

June 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After Researching a little bit about sportsman’s warehouse, I’m excited to try it out this summer. Our family enjoys volleyball baseball paddle boarding and many other summertime activities . This company looks like a great one that I would like to try purchasing a few summer sports equipment and clothing !

H Moore

June 8th, 2018 Lehi, UT

When we lived in California we shopped at Sportsman's Warehouse for soccer gear for my daughter. We always found what we needed, and the customer service was great.

Kip Fowler

June 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had luck in finding items in Sportsman's Warehouse for my upcoming hunting trips and fishing trips. They also sell fishing and hunting licenses in their store for your convenience.

J Crawley

June 4th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the selection at Sportsman's Warehouse and the quality of the products the company sells. I have also found the staff to be proactive and knowledgeable in helping me find the best products that meet my specific needs.

L. Fowler

May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quality products and many items to choose from.

Alex Mackiel

May 24th, 2018 Lake Elmo, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From Sportsman's Warehouse online, I ordered a Camp Chef DLX grill priced on sale at $499.99 on Friday, May 18, 2018 at 20:34 central time. I had received a 10% off coupon for signing up for their email list. I put entered the coupon code at check in and it took $50 off the $499.99 grill that was on sale. I paid for the item and noticed the $50 did not come off and was charged the full amount plus shipping. I called customer service Saturday morning when they opened at 9:00 am. Told me that the coupon code could not be combined with the sale price and it was too late to cancel the transaction, give me a break. I was told that the coupon states that offers could not be combined and I stated how am I supposed to know that a sale price is considered an offer and why did the website originally take off the 10% = $50. I have a screenshot of this and I was just dismissed. I also asked for the manager to call me the next business day, Monday. I got a call from the same customer service rep and said once again that I cannot combine offers and I asked for a manager and was transferred to Tanner. Tanner also stated that there is nothing that can be done. I can find the grill cheaper than what I was charged locally and I will never do business with Sportsman's Warehouse and will not recommend them. Their website takes a discount and when you pay, they charge you the full amount without discount. This is wrong. I have screenshots proving what I have stated here.

Andy Engelhardt

May 17th, 2018 Palatine, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I tried to order a bolt action rifle from a sportsman's warehouse location and was told that it was the company policy was that they would not ship ANY firearm to Illinois. I explained that there are no restrictions on bolt action rifles but was told that they would not do it. Its unfortunate that a company such as theirs chooses to knuckle under to perceived issues in another state instead of standing up for the 2nd amendment rights of law abiding sportsmen. I will not be dealing with them for any items in the future and I urge others to join my boycott.

K Robison

April 29th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I find a lot of my hunting and outdoor equipment here. Great quality stuff and good prices.

Schon

April 28th, 2018 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really like this store. I mostly go here for fishing gear. They have a wide selection at good prices.

Landon Robison

April 19th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sportsman's Warehouse is a great place to go. They have awesome prices and friendly staff. I would definitely recommend.

Trent

April 17th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They usually have pretty competitive prices and a wide variety of things in stock.

Amanda

April 16th, 2018 Sherwood, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love that store! their Amo is typically cheaper than Cabella's which is always a plus. They also will price match a lot of stores if guns are cheaper somewhere else.

Jeff Martin

April 14th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been going there for years. Lots of good gear, guns, and knowledgeable staff

Larry Roles

February 27th, 2018 Nampa, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Well, After waiting for more then 3 months to buy a Vortex rifle scope from Sportsman Warehouse I have decided to post this so others do not have to go through what I did. I received a great Gift card for Christmas for Sportsman warehouse. I went to the store looking to buy a Vortex Diamond back 4 x 16 scope with my gift card. The counter person told be they were currently out, but would have some in on Friday. Well, Friday never came. After 3 months, I complained to the store manager and got the boiler plate excuse. He told me they were on back order, and that Vortex just was not shipping what they order... I had a real issue with that, so I decided to find out what was going on. I called Vortex, and found out that Sportsman was not paying there bill to Vortex, and that is why they were not shipping to Sportsman. The store manager lied to me, and after checking every Wednesday and still not getting the scope I found the scope at another store. Sportsman warehouse closed several years ago due to not serving customers needs, and they are right back at it again. They use to be a nice sporting goods store that sold clothes, now they are a clothes store that sell sporting goods. More then 60% of there floor space is clothes... Hummmm! I say greed is taking them down again, and no one is serving customers. Don't get caught up in this with them. Larry in Nampa, Id.

matthew

December 16th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

love this store everything you could ever want and a little more

Derrick Martinez

December 13th, 2017 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good selection. Needs some more firepower. People at the store are a little hard to talk to and get what you need from.

Sherry Wootton

December 12th, 2017 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great store, would buy over Cabela's like the products and prices better.