Palmetto State Armory Logo

Palmetto State Armory

Is This Your Business?

1.4

LAST UPDATED: October 4th, 2021

Palmetto State Armory is based in Columbia, South Carolina and began as an ammunition and magazine website, eventually growing to become a full-service retail firearms brand.

The company offers a wide range of firearms, ammunition rounds, targets, tactical gear/clothing, and accessories.

According to its website, Palmetto State Armory carries popular brands like Remington, Beretta, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory, and more.

GrabAGun Logo
#2 GrabAGun chevron_right
Brownells Logo
#3 Brownells chevron_right
1.7
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Wide Selection
  • Helpful Website Features
  • FFL Dealer Locator
  • Reloading Resources

Wide Selection

Palmetto State Armory offers a large selection of handguns, rifles, shotguns, and various firearm parts and accessories.

Potential customers will find that Palmetto State Armory has a decent variety of ammunition for sale including handgun, rifle, rimfire, shotgun, and training ammunition rounds. Additionally, the company's website regularly features clearance ammunition and firearm products that better suit customers who are on a budget.

Palmetto State Armory typically has a large selection of parts and accessories in stock including a variety of tactical, survival, and safety gear, knives, both steel and non-steel targets, tools, other weapons, and much more. The company’s wide selection rivals most top firearm and ammunition retail stores.

Helpful Website Features

Compared to other online firearm retail store websites, Palmetto State Armory has helpful search features, especially for new site visitors.

The company’s website has a search bar at the top of each page that allows customers to easily input what they are looking for. Additionally, each category page on the company’s website has a “Browse By” filter tool that allows customers to view items in specific categories.

These search and filter features help website visitors, especially new website visitors, more easily navigate the company’s website and limit the amount of time customers have to spend looking for products.

FFL Dealer Locator

Palmetto State Armory offers a helpful FFL Dealer Locator tool directly on its website. This tool allows customers to input an address or store in order to find the nearest FFL dealer. Customers can also type in their city name in order to find FFL dealers in their area.

Reloading Resources

Palmetto State Armory has a large amount of reloading items for sale including kit accessories, brass, bullets, presses, priming tools, reloading equipment, etc.

The company also sells reloading-focused books, DVDs, and software for those who want to begin reloading their own ammunition. Unlike many other firearm and ammunition retail companies, Palmetto State Armory has an entire category dedicated to reloading products.

The Bad

• No Comparison Tool
  • Slower Shipping Times
  • No Order Edits

No Comparison Tool

Although Palmetto State Armory has helpful website features, a price comparison tool is not one of them.

Many top online firearm and ammunition retailers offer a simple, easy-to-use comparison tool to help each customer obtain the best prices.

Since Palmetto State Armory does not appear to offer a standard comparison tool on its website, customers are forced to compare items on their own.

Slower Shipping Times

According to the Palmetto State Armory website, non-specialty orders typically take five business days to ship out.

Upper receivers can take up to 15 business days and firearms as well as lower receivers can take anywhere from 7 to 10 business days to ship. These shipping times appear to be slower than many other gun and ammo online retailers.

No Order Edits

Once an order is placed with Palmetto State Armory, it cannot be edited or changed if the customer wishes to add something to the order. Customers must either place a separate order or cancel the current order.

To cancel an order, customers have to call the Palmetto State Armory customer service department to start the process.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Palmetto State Armory has several impressive top-brand products in stock and has a good online presence as well as a solid customer base.

The company sells a wide selection of firearms, ammunition rounds, weapons, and tactical accessories in addition to selling a range of reloading resources, products, and accessories.

Although the company does sell some high-cost items, it's important to note that Palmetto State Armory features frequent product sales on its website. These lower-cost products may be good for customers who are following a tighter budget.

In addition to a featured sales and deals section, Palmetto State Armory’s website also has simple search and filter features that help customers, especially new customers, easily find the products they are looking for without wasting time.

Palmetto State Armory, however, does not appear to have a standard online price comparison tool, has slower shipping times than some other online firearm and ammunition retailers, and does not allow customers to edit orders once orders are placed.

Those interested in the products sold at Palmetto State Armory may want to visit the company's website, view the company's shipping and order policies, and read a few buyer reviews before making a purchase.

View Best Guns and Ammo Stores

2.2

KenK Mountain Home, AR

PSA offers a wide selection of guns, at very competitive pricing. I've ordered dozens from them and have always been very satisfied with the company and their service. I have only had one problem with a single defective part on an AR15 build. When I emailed them with the description, they sent the replacement part in the mail within a week... no questions asked, and I didn't even have to return the defective part. I don't usually write reviews, but after reading several that were left here from disgruntled customers, I just had to speak up for PSA. Please don't be fooled into thinking these negative reviews represent the average customer-they are not at all typical... without a lot of satisfied customers like me, how else could these folks have become one of the biggest and fastest growing gun suppliers in the USA? They're my favorite and I'm confident you'll be very pleased if you give 'em a try.

Zane Adams Arlington, TX

I have made four purchases from PSA ove the last two years. A friend has made two purchases, a coworker two. Two out of those 8 had trouble with the arms. Crooked sight post, and a bad extractor. Both fixed with no questions. The extractor took 3 weeks. The sight took two weeks... Shipping included. Shipping notices were I consistent. But the products showed up quickly anyway. All of the firearms have been well made and all work very well and are accurate. Great value and good customer service. Just what you need. Nothing to complain about.

Neil Axelrod Marietta, GA

I read some of these reviews and wonder what company they're talking about, because it doesn't sound like PSA to me. I've purchased thousands of dollars of merchandise just in the last year, from firearms to accessories to ammo. Each time the items arrived as advertised, and in the couple of cases where something needed tweaking or replacing (AR-15 front site post was canted, BCG was supposed to be one type and was another), they quickly provided a RMA with prepaid shipping label for UPS to return it for free. I had to pack and take to the UPS Store. The items were corrected and shipped back to me prepaid and in a reasonable amount of time, typically around a week. The one knock on PSA is they can be a little more expensive when the item isn't there brand, such as a brand name rifle or handgun. But they often have inventory in stock when most others don't.

Willy Espinoza Harlingen, TX

Pistol kit for AR 15 blew up in my face. They tried blaming it on the lower manufacturer and I told then nothing is wrong with the lower why would I call the lower manufacturer. I finally sent the blown upper with the lodged round which was 223. They got it told me it was a 300 Blackout round that was stuck and therefore not covered under repair warranty. I know for a fact it was not a 300 Blackout but a 223 Remington and that's their way of squirming out of their warranty coverage...AGAIN. HORRIBLE!

John Langell Albuquerque, NM

Buyer beware! I have purchased many times in the past from Palmetto and I guess I was lucky up until this point. If you buy something from them they make it very costly to return it even if it is their fault. I purchased 2 items on an order, first item shipped quickly, second item did not. After 12 days of waiting for the item to ship I purchased the item from another vendor. I called, as their website directed me to, their 800 number and was on hold for 45 minutes. The operator informed me that since there were 2 items on the order and one had shipped, the other item could not be cancelled eventhough it had not shipped yet! I asked to speak to a supervisor, was told there was not a supervisor I could talk to. He said he couldn't transfer me to anyone. I pressed that there must be a supervisor unless he was the owner of Palmetto, he said he wasn't and while I was on hold he spoke to his supervisor, contradicting himself that there wasn't any supervisor that could come to his phone and speak to me. He told me that the fine print on their terms and conditions said I HAVE TO accept the shipment once they finally decide to ship item #2 and pay the shipping back to Palmetto with an RMA and they will charge a restocking fee!!! Keep in mind, in the last 30 days I have spent over a thousand dollars with Palmetto getting ready for hunting season, which meant nothing to them. I told them I was going to contact my credit card company to stop payment and he threatned me that I would be blocked from purchasing from them again! I said that sounded great because I will NEVER order from Palmetto again!! I have been a customer for many years now and they could care less that they lost a customer... over not cancelling a $79.00 trigger.... In short Palmetto feels that customers are worth far less than $79.00. As I said in the beginning.... BUYER BEWARE!

Dutch Jennings Midlothian, VA

I have purchased MANY ARs from PSA. The so-called "criticisms" of the PSA rifle here are pretty laughable and not something to be taken seriously but I suppose the author had to scape the bottom of the barrel to find something to snipe at them about. Yah well the reason PSA is a little slower than "other" companies sometimes is because they are blowing the competition away in price and quality- EVERYBODY wants them and they can't run fast enough to keep up. I'm sure S&W, Ruger and all the rest wish they had THAT problem all the time like PSA does. Other PSA owners I know also make a habit of going back for repeat purchases so they obviously are putting out a quality high demand product.

travis hartley Indianapolis, IN

These shipping times are ridiculous. I ordered a lower on September 2nd in the morning still have not even made it to my ffl. That’s almost 2 weeks. Far below what I would even consider being acceptable. PSA needs to focus more on customer service . And getting products out the door . Would recommend going a different direction there are way too many places that offer better products and better customer service. Bigger is not always better when dealing with a company. Look around I wish I would have.

Ted Mahoney Delray Beach, FL

I have 2 PSA guns, a PS-15 and bought a ks47 in May. They sold thousands of ks47's as many had been waiting for months for it to be available. Most of these guns are malfunctioning due to a flawed extractor. The company says they have a lifetime warranty, however, they say they will replace it, but don't know when or IF they will ever be back in stock, so basically if you bought a ks47, you're screwed.

Patrick Jacksonville, FL

I ordered two firearms off them, one was shipped the next morning, two weeks have passed and no update available on the pistol. I found out today that the first firearm was from a third party . I tried to cancel the pistol because I don’t believe it’s in stock, called 4 times in 4 days, hung up on twice, all I wanted to know is when it was getting shipped but the person I spoke with after a 45 min hold couldn’t tell me and also informed me I couldn’t cancel, I have to wait for it to be delivered to the FFL than have it returned to PSA first, then I could cancel. Their customer service sucks, they don’t even attempt to act like they give a F…. I’ll never buy from them again !

Joe Simeone Hyden, KY

Palmetto state armory, makes America's gun (the AR-15) affordable for all. Their shipping has gotten faster but demand is high so shipping is slower everywhere. Try PSA you won't regret it.

Heather Slytherin Stillwater, OK

Thieves and liars. Never do business with this company. They stole yes stole near $1000, ruined two young mens birthdays. I ordered 2 guns on 6/20/21 had a nasty email that the FFL dealer was not current to immediately within 48 hours find a new FFL or pay restocking fee. I did so and Crystal on the 6/22/21 had emailed that accepted and will be shipped. 6/29/21 chat gave me a fake delivery confirmation or shipping number. I asked what address and he gave TX. I live in OK. He refused to escalate and dropped chat. I took screenshots. I then had 7 hours later a return call form being placed in the call back que. This woman said “it was Crystals fault as she did not send update to warehouse. Another lie. Then told me the $500 e-gift card that I purchased on 6/27/21 takes 48 hours to post, sorry Sunday does not count. Guaranteed in your email today. Nope, but I did speak to Crystal and informed her of other employees blaming her! She has messaged management because no email or e-gift card and of course the gun he wanted is no longer on sale. So if Crystal management team does nothing, she will personally call me back and we will try and process a refund. 7-14 days later again! You should have more employees like Crystal. You suck at managing your company. Or just thieves and liars more likely. DO NOT SHOP here!

Larry Renner Moore, SC

Order on June 6,2021 THEN it stated out of stock , the following week it stated shipped , 2 weeks later sent e-mails asking when it would arrived , no answer , 3rd. week sent 2 e-mails , no reply , call center stated [ at 8:07a.m.] it would be a 3-4 hour hold time . Now in 4th week sent request to BBB to ask for help as PSA will no answer.

Ran Head Vineland, NJ

I purchased a Black Aces Pump Shotgun from Palmetto and they sent me a “compliance” email. The email stated, “Our company policy prohibits us from shipping semi-automatic shotguns with any of the following: magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a folding stock, or a pistol grip to the state of New Jersey.” So I call them to let them know I ordered a PUMP shotgun not a SEMI-AUTOMATIC shotgun. They did not care and cancelled my order, even though the manufacturer of the gun specifically states that the gun is NJ legal. So I was purchased the same gun from another retailer who is better informed than Palmetto State Armory.

Thomas Bogaert

Customer service is a joke! After 2 months and several attempts they couldn't deliver anything I ordered!

Chris Carson Plano, TX

As others have mentioned. Their customer service is SO BAD it surely thumps any positive aspects of this company. Another customer lost here. I hope they go belly up!