In 1977, owner Larry Potterfield started an ammunition company called Ely Ammunition Inc. Now MidwayUSA, this company sells a variety of quality hunting, ammunition, and firearm parts and accessories.

Unlike most other firearm and firearm accessory distributors, MidwayUSA vends a large selection of gunsmithing supplies and equipment.

#1 Bass Pro Shop chevron_right
#2 GrabAGun chevron_right

The Good

• Excellent Customer Support
  • Detailed Reviews
  • Thorough Information

Excellent Customer Support

MidwayUSA delivers excellent customer support. They provide a live customer service chat, in-site emails, as well as a customer service hotline.

If a customer has a problem or question, they have plenty of ways to contact MidwayUSA to get their problem solved. MidwayUSA offers a detailed product description and reviews on all of the products they distribute.

Detailed Reviews

Customers are provided with the option of reading and leaving online reviews on products.

All customers can rate the product and their experience based on a five-star scale and make comments on other users' reviews.

This reviewing option that MidwayUSA offers allows customers to interact with other customers to help each other get the most out of the products they are purchasing or thinking about purchasing.

The conversation program sets MidwayUSA apart from their online store competitors because they are essentially allowing for a transparent purchasing process for their customers.

Thorough Information

MidwayUSA presents thorough online information on all of the products they distribute in their shop.

This information includes product features, equipment, price information, policies and procedures, technical information, ballistics, shipping and delivery information, and even product videos.

With this offered information, customers can fully research the product and price through MidwayUSA before they decide to take action.

Instead of having to do research on products on different sites or through a variety of means, customers are provided with everything they need to know about a product by MidwayUSA.

The company's product videos are especially unique and valuable-not many of MidwayUSA's competitors provide the videos or nearly as much business information.

The Bad

• No Warranties
  • Manufacturer Warranty Only
  • Issues With Delivery

No Warranties

MidwayUSA does not provide warranties for their products. They only provide the manufacturer warranty. This is not uncommon for distributors of firearms and ammunition, but it is also not in the customer's best interest.

Instead of being able to trust the MidwayUSA will back up their products, a customer has to rely on the manufacturer's service for that.

Meanwhile, some other online store competitors offer a lifetime warranty for certain products.

Manufacturer Warranty Only

MidwayUSA also only a return policy of 60 days. That means that if a customer has an issue with a product they bought, they only have two months to get their money back.

After 60 days, MidwayUSA only offers exchanges or shop credit. The 60-day time period to get a full refund is lower than most of MidwayUSA's competitors.

Issues With Delivery

While MidwayUSA is very good at resolving problems, they tend to struggle with preventing those problems.

Products shipped and delivered are sometimes the wrong order or take too long to get to the customer. MidwayUSA resolves these shipping and delivery problems but does very little to prevent them or to take corrective measures to improve their process.

The Bottom Line

MidwayUSA tends to be a dependable company to order from. They have been active in the firearm and ammunition industry for several years longer than many other online stores.

MidwayUSA sells a variety of products and accessories including reloading supplies, outdoor gear, competitive shooting items, and more.

Their employees have an excellent track record of ensuring customer experience satisfaction by personally resolving any issues and by providing plenty of customer support. MidwayUSA claims that they focus on customer satisfaction, and they live up to that claim.

The rating program that they provide on their website for every product from past customers is another customer satisfaction plus-it provides customers with a mostly unbiased opinion of a product that they are looking to purchase.

As with almost any business, MidwayUSA has some bugs that still need to be worked out. If MidwayUSA were to provide better warranties and improve their delivery/shipping system, they would stand out even more in the firearms and ammunition industry. MidwayUSA is a well-recommended company that lives up to its reputation.

View Best Guns and Ammo Stores

2.1

FM2

March 28th, 2020 Memphis, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used MidwayUSA once before. Even then their shipping was slow. This time I placed an order with MidwayUSA for 500 rounds of ammo. They shipped it to the wrong state and city (how does that happen?) resulting in my order eventually being returned to MidwayUSA. I had to research what went wrong (something I would expect MidwayUSA to do) and alerted MidwayUSA of their mistake. Instead of MidwayUSA correcting their mistake and redirecting the package in mid-shipment to my address (UPS provides this service) or reshipping my "paid-for" order immediately to my address after MidwayUSA receives the returned package, MidwayUSA told me I had to reorder this product and then they would ship the "reorder" to me. MidwayUSA is now out of stock for this product (as is everyone else now and why I paid more to MidwayUSA to get it) and has no idea when they will have this product in stock again. So how am I suppose to reorder this product from MidwayUSA as instructed? Bottom line, I'm not getting what I ordered and paid for initially. And MidwayUSA claims "Customer Satisfaction is our #1 goal...". What a joke! I would NOT recommend ever using MidwayUSA for purchasing anything online.

lloyd Beauchamp

March 28th, 2020 Gainesville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Disappointing shipping department and customer service, loose packed ammo containers with some desiccant tins. Cans were fine, the desiccant tins were fairly destroyed but I didn't know it as they were sealed in an aluminum pouch and I didn't need them immediately. Opened the first one (after 90 days) and the desiccant beads went everywhere, the tin was destroyed, like you took a hammer to it. Midway refused to correct the issue stating I didn't identify the problem within 90 days. May be the policy, but doesn't sit well with me. If you buy from these folks watch your orders carefully. If ordering something even sort of fragile consider having it shipped separately. I'll trade elsewhere in the future. Good luck!

Jesse Rice

January 28th, 2020 Biloxi, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Midway USA has all the reloading and gun cleaning equipment I need. I've always received top quality equipment and service. Thank you Midway USA.

Chris

December 31st, 2019 Carlstadt, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not use I wish I would have read the reviews before I ordered. I placed an order on December 13 and was given a date of December 19 for delivery. Tracking stopped locating the package after the 16th. It’s now the 24th and I’ve emailed three times and customer service continues to tell me I need to wait until January 1 to file a claim. Are used a company called primary arms to order a replacement and it was delivered three days after I ordered. I would never use midway again

Stewart Parris

October 11th, 2019 Flint, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst experience I've had with a company in years Midway is a hick run operation with an outdated customer service department / shipping department. They aren't given the tools are the knowledge to track lost orders. If you complain to a "floor manager" they will tell you that Midway has a million customers and most are happy. Lol Larry P the CEO is a blowhard and an absentee leader.

Phil R

July 29th, 2019 Northfield, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great Customer Service, extremely fast Shipping and products I ordered 8 in all were excellent. It doesn’t get much better than that.

John Burnside

June 10th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Midway for many of the specialized items I need for my firearms and reloading components. Their prices are sometimes a bit higher than what I like but I can get what I need without searching out several stores. Selection is sometimes a bit sparse when everyone is trying to horde stuff but that happens everwhere.

Roy L.

April 22nd, 2019 Oakland, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Midwayusa's customer service is close to being rude. When you have a problem, and request actual help, they're of little to no help at all. They ship with UPS, the worst shipping company in the world-avoid UPS at all times. When you try to track a package, and request Midways help, it is denied-the problem with UPS must be your fault, as their shipper just doesn't make mistakes, furthermore; they do not have an account rep for their UPS business! If they do, they do not know the phone number! The amount of trouble I've gone through just to purchase a rifle sling is crazy.

Justin Freeman

April 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A product is only as good as its service,. Buy giving the worst service your product simply become the worst. They sent extra expensive products and billed me for them, that I did not order, when I told midway I was going reverse the charges through the bank they told me that they would ban me from shopping with them. Challenge excepted, they are not worthy of my business. I have to send the items back. When they receive them they will refund me, that can take up to a month depending on them and the bank

Andrew Lawrence

March 27th, 2019 Stacy, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They send promotional emails with discounts when you add the item to your cart it is the discounted price when you check out it jacks the price up and the discount disappears this is a load of crap from a company that apparent doesn't like repeat business

Dean Harris

August 15th, 2018 Lindale, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been trying to leave a negative review about the NRA on MidwayUSAs' website for over a month now and I have had no results. I have tried 4 or 5 times to post this review on MidwayUSAs' website and they seem to be refusing to post it at all. They say that the review will be posted within 3-7 days. There are only 7 negative reviews about the NRA, all older than a year old. I did see that there are much newer positive reviews. The newest one is 3 days old as of now. I guess it's ok to accept the positive reviews, just not the negative ones. Way to go MidwayUSA! I really love your balanced ethics. I guess the reviews are ok as long as YOU agree with them!

Ronny Brown

February 12th, 2018 Addison, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have ordered ammo from them several times but had to stop because there were so many misfires and sqibbs. Ammo isn't a bargain if it doesn't work right. Customer service won't help you with bad ammo. You are stuck with it.

JC

December 4th, 2017 Sheboygan, WI

I ordered a Kryptek vest and paid for expedited shipping through Amazon Prime. Item was delivered 4 days later. I ended up purchasing the vest locally and returned the vest as it did not show up for the trip it was bought for. When I returned the vest they withheld $17.54. I paid $9.95 for the expedited shipping alone. Shady business practices and after numerous emails t trying for resolution they simply no longer respond. Buyer beware. Worst customer service I have experienced in quite some time. I'll never buy from them again.

Matthew Markworth

October 5th, 2017

I've used Midway USA for years and they aways have good prices and ship products very quickly.