Lucky Gunner Logo

4.0

LAST UPDATED: March 4th, 2022

Lucky Gunner is a start-up ammunition company that has been in business for a little over five years. Their number one priority is customer service and satisfaction.

They provide a variety of bulk ammo as well as optics and gun accessories. They also offer how-tos and labs in order to help their customers get the most out of their products.

Cabela's Logo
#1 Cabela's chevron_right
GrabAGun Logo
#2 GrabAGun chevron_right

The Good

• Helpful Customer Support Options
  • Simple Ammunition Categorization
  • Unique E-Gift Cards
  • Fast Shipping

Helpful Customer Support Options

Lucky Gunner provides a large variety of customer support options.

These customer support options include live chat, email, product and company reviews, testimonials, and even labs.

The labs are especially unique in the firearm and ammunition industry. The labs review different products and the quality of those products. They conduct experiments, and how-to guides and data.

All of these options distinguish Lucky Gunner from other online retailers in a big way.

Simple Ammunition Categorization

Lucky Gunner sorts their ammunition on their website by caliber and by ammo types.

Caliber and type of ammo are the top two things that a customer will look at when selecting ammunition rounds. This kind of categorization helps customers find exactly what they are looking for.

Additionally, Lucky Gunner offers various ammunition types from top brands like Federal, Winchester, Remington, PMC, and more.

Unique E-Gift Cards

Lucky Gunner provides gift cards and e-gift cards. The e-gift cards are particularly unique in the firearms and ammunition industry.

As firearm and ammunition distributors/retailers are moving more of their sales online, e-gift cards are increasingly useful and popular.

Lucky Gunner has adapted their sales tactics to fit the online distribution industry by offering these electronic gift cards for sale.

Fast Shipping

Lucky Gunner ships the same business day that a customer orders a product.

This fast shipping is uncommon in the online firearm industry as most retailers take a few days, even if the product is in stock.

Lucky Gunner generally keeps their products well stocked and ready for shipping.

The Bad

• Bulk-Only Options
  • Strict Cancellation Policy
  • Long, Complex Return Policy

Bulk-Only Options

Lucky Gunner only sells their products in bulk.

This can save some costs in regards to shipping for customers, but it doesn't provide them with the option to purchase an amount closer to what they will need if they need less than bulk.

Strict Cancellation Policy

Lucky Gunner, as a general rule, does not allow customers to cancel an order. This traps customers into an order that they might change their mind on.

In the firearms and ammunition industry, most business practices provide some sort of cancellation policy for sold products, while Lucky Gunner offers a no-cancellation policy.

Long, Complex Return Policy

Customers who wish to return products must go through the process of filling out a Return Request form. Once they fill this form out, they must get it approved. Then, finally, they can return their products.

This process is not always advantageous for the customer as there is already a 30-day return policy from the day that an order is placed. The long return process is not helpful for customers.

Along with the timely return process, Lucky Gunner requires that customers send their damaged products along with pictures. If the product is not in new or sellable/good condition, Lucky Gunner will not provide a full refund to their customers.

The Bottom Line

Lucky Gunner does offer helpful customer service/support options including everything from live chat options to product and company reviews that customers can read.

The company sells ammunition from top brands like Federal, Winchester, PMC, and more, and has a simple online ammunition categorization that allows customers to more easily find the type of ammunition they want.

Lucky Gunner also has unique e-gift cards for sale and ships their products in a relatively short amount of time in comparison to other online gun and ammo suppliers.

Unfortunately, Lucky Gunner only sells their items in bulk and does not allow customers to cancel any online orders. The company also has a rather complex and strict return policy for its products.

View Best Guns and Ammo Stores

3.3

CR Barnegat, NJ

You guys are great. Great prices and great service; the best of both worlds. Excellent review to follow. I'll be back!!

HVD Tuscaloosa, AL

Texted Customer Support about a problem with a few cartridges. Problem resolved with in 30 minutes! Fully satisfied with customer service. Unbelievable FAST shipping!

Lowel G Denver, CO

I have a 1967 HW5 S&W Long which belong to my father-in-law. I had no clue or Information on this revolver. I talked to several local gun shops who didn't know what they were talking about, but after contacting LuckyGunner.com, not only did they set me straight on knowledge & information, I was also able to purchase the ammo from them, and at a great price! It was so easy and simple to find the ammo on their website (32 S&W Long - 98 Grain LRN - Prvi Partizan - 50 Rounds). I order the ammo I needed & within a few short days the ammo arrived. Amazing People to work with! Give them a try, I think you'll be very happy! Lowel G. - Oct. 3, 2020

jeff leaver

I purchased two boxes of ammo and they sent it by UPS which never made it to my house. After looking into it, UPS siad that the driver refused to come down my road and took it to an access point where it sat for a week then got sent back. I contacted Lucky Gunner and they said it showed that I refused delivery and they were charging me shipping and a restocking fee and the remainder would be store credit. I disputed the charge with my credit card company but after a month they put the charge back on and said to contact Lucky Gunner which I did. Now they wont even honor the store credit and after paying $94.00 I have nothing to show for it.

B. Schmidt Cincinnati, OH

I am a "new" customer with Lucky Gunner. In a two month period I placed three separate orders totaling almost $2000. The first two orders went fine. The third case...costing $580 + $20 s&h...had loose rounds clinking around in it when the UPS guy handed me the box. Upon opening it I found that several of the boxes inside had ruptured...presumably from rough handling. I alerted Lucky Gunner to the problem...the cans were not packed properly...and I sent them photos of what I saw upon opening the can. I did NOT ask for a refund, return, exchange or imply anything like that. Their response was to insult me by offering me $10 off on my next order. I mean, come on. I buy 3000 rounds of ammo from them in a six week period...and I get stuck with a "scratch & dent" case I paid $600 for...and they offer me a measly $10 off on my next order? Is that supposed to inspire me to buy another $600 case of ammo from them? At todays prices, how many rounds will $10 buy? Just to ship a case of ammo costs $20. Lucky Gunner if you are reading this...keep your $10...there will be no next order from me. You would have been better off not offering me anything...as I probably would have bought from you again. But to bribe me with a lousy $10 off is almost laughable. I had future purchases planned and we probably could have done a good amount of business in the coming years, but to know that I'm worth $10 to you kind of curbs my enthusiasm. I'll post my story...a screenshot of your email response...and photos of the case of ammo on every gun forum and review site that I can.

Robert McCook Rye, CO

I have used this company since before 2012. I have done business with them regularly and they have been flawless. I enjoy the products, the Lab reviews and my experiences with them. Every shipment has been as ordered, packaged well and on time. They are quick in shipping. Lucky Gunner is my go-to for ammunition and etc needs. I always recommend them and my friends have the same experiences.

Dwellett

LuckyGunner is sending us the wrong ammunition. On 10/31/21, I was ordering 10 boxes of 50 rounds (total 500) of Federal 9mm 147gr **HST** JHP on LuckyGunner.com (LG) when I saw a link for 1000 rounds at a cheaper rate and so I changed my order. 5:32pm: Upon printing the order confirmation I noticed it said HiShok in place of HST. I checked to see if HST meant Hi-Shok and it definitely did not. I immediately attempted to cancel the order, but discovered that LG does not do cancellations or refunds. 5:52pm: I then called my bank to get them to cancel the transaction. The woman indicated that she could not cancel the order because it was pending and that I would have to wait until it posted to dispute it. 6:00pm: I called LG at 800-317-9506, but it was of no use since it went straight to voicemail. Nonetheless I left a message with my name, number and order number and explained how my order was in error and that it needed to be cancelled or changed immediately. A funny sound at the end of the call made me wonder if the message went through and so I called and left another message, but which got cutoff before I was finished. 6:14pm: I then sent a Chat message to LG advising my order was in error and to change it to 147gr HST JHP or cancel it. 6:21pm I sent a detailed email to LG advising my order was in error and to change it to 147gr HST JHP or cancel it. 10:43pm I received an email from LG indicating that my order “is boxed up and ready to go” and provided a tracking number. Today, 11/1/21; 04:12am I received an email from LG stating that it was too late to cancel my order and that it was already on a truck. 06:29am I received another email from another person at LG stating it was too late to cancel my order. 06:43am I received another email from the FIRST person at LG stating it was too late to cancel my order. 10:00am I filed a complaint with the BBB. 10:50am I filed a dispute with my bank. Both humans and computers make errors. I went through at least 1/2 dozen screens during my order of 1000 rounds and I did not see the word Hi-Shok until I printed the invoice. Our family has been making purchases online for over 2 decades and it has been our practice, learned the hard way, that we do not do make purchases from businesses, online or local, which have no cancellation or refund policies since they are generally not reputable. Had I known up front that there was no cancelation/no refund policy I would not have ordered through them. Their disclaimers that orders are immediately sent to shipment so they cannot recall it is flatly and obviously dishonest in this context. They can just as easily terminate the order as they can send it, but they CHOOSE not to provide the ability to do so. While the terms and conditions do state their no cancellation and no refund policy which we agree to by executing a purchase, I did not agree to buy “Hi-Shok” ammunition, I agreed to buy “HST” ammunition which is not what my order confirmation reads. Is it possible that I made a mistake? Of course. Is it possible that LG made a mistake? Of course. But who gets to pay for the mistake either way? The customer. This is what happens when you buy from less reputable companies. Now we have to be more careful with companies that others allege to be reputable.

ALAN m. BEHR Bath, PA

LG rocks. LG continuously delivers my ammunition of variously cal. at or better than scheduled delivery times, at prices better than I can get locally except on sale. I recommend this site all the time at club and federation meetings. So, if you can plan ahead, you'll be able to shoot more, at lower cost.

Tom Garrett Phoenix, AZ

What a run around! Placed a order for a hundred rounds of 223 and received 41 rounds in a beat up box. The wrapping was fine, but when opening found the torn box and tarnished brass shells. I made contact with the company and got the continuing it’s my fault, ugh? Well there LOTS of other companies selling ammunition!

Peter Galano Mooresville, NC

Fantastic service, impeccable packaging, you pay for this service, yet, all arrives perfectly. 2 days from Kentucky to NC. Shipped in hours, two orders, a third all in for 2k in bullet purchases , 5/2021

Joe Young Houston, TX

The customer service is beyond reproach, the shipping is extremely fast and compared to other retailers the prices are on par. This is one of my favorite companies, I buy ammo from them before even going to my local store.

Jason OBrien Tacoma, WA

I ordered ammunition on 3/19/2020 and the next day received a email saying that fedex had a problem with the label being damaged and replaced. A week went by and I still hadn’t received my order so on 3/26/2020 I called them and got no answer or call back I actually called them three times in one day then emailed them twice and finally sent a text message and got a response say that the label was damaged and replaced but I already knew that. So the next day I sent another text and received nothing in return. On Monday 3/30/2020 I called and left a return phone number and got a call back from a woman that works there and was told the same label got damaged and replaced information and when I told her I had already know that she said she was gonna get ahold of their shipping team and told me to call back after 5pm est and when I asked when they closed ( Because I figured they closed at 5 pm est) she said they closed at 8 pm est well when I called back they were closed at 5:15 pm est like I suspected they would be so she had lied to me their answering machine is even different when they are closed. I will never purchase another product from this company ever. Even if they are the only ammunition manufacturers in the world I’ll start throwing rocks for defensive

MO_Patriot Springfield, MO

DON'T DO IT. SEE other review on Reseller Reviews and here is why and what happened to us. "I have no idea how there are 100% positive reviews, absolutely no idea. What I do know is that my son was sent a Fed Ex with, what appears to be heavily water damaged boxes inside. Every shell was scattered within the box, as the boxes which hold the cartridges inside, could not stay together through the shipping process, because of the damage to their original boxes. The cartridges and the sleeves within the original boxes, all over the shipping box. (Two pieces of packing paper, no bubble wrap or peanuts did not help). You simply cannot blame FedEx when they did not open the shipping box, nor pack it. After a call and some photo's (which should have been enough), I was still getting emails asking for more information and it felt like they were somehow suggesting the shipper had damaged the package, even thought they were told that the shipping box was pristine and no extra or other tape on it. Here is the kicker. Then they asked if we would count all of the cartridges to see if they were all there? That's Hardly the point. Since I have no intent on keeping them, in light of the apparent water damage, it does not matter if they're all accounted for. That's like rolling pennings when they are not in the sleeves, ain't happening. So,we shall see how they handle it from here. I will update if they make it right or if they don't. Accepting responsibility, especially when the issues are clear and obvious, is where I would begin."

Justin De Pere, WI

DO 🚫. lost the first shipment probably because box fell apart. 2nd shipment was sent in a TERRIBLE box. Very weak, with holes everywhere, very little tape, AND the tape was weak-I opened the box without cutting and using one hand. All of the internal boxes of ammo were loose and 4 of my 30 boxes were damaged.

Fred Klud Cape May Court House, NJ

You are the best ammo company I have dealt with.I check ammo prices on a regular basis for good prices and if I am low I will place on order. Keep up the good work.

Sinisbe Whittier, CA

These guys are scumbags for price gouging during the ammo shortage. Before the shortage their prices were average, but will never do business with them again because of how ridiculous their price gouging is. Absolute scumbags.

Fred Frontino Mesa, AZ

I've been buying ammo from lucky gunner for years. I love their prices and selection.

Dennis Osha Gladewater, TX

Ordered on Thursday night, delivered on Monday Very happy with Lucky Gunner!( first time customer)

george ce Euless, TX

good prices and very quick shipping! Recommended! Very satisfied with them.

Cian O'Dowd Blairsville, GA

Bought several boxes of 45 acp and never recieved product. Customer service does not respond to requests and due to policies I will lose all my money. Theu are crooks.

Steve Harvey Tullahoma, TN

great selection ammo test pretty good prices