Impact Guns Logo

1.3

Impact Guns was founded in 1997 by three experts in the guns and ammunition sector and quickly became a major force in the online firearms business.

The company feels the need to provide access to the best and latest gear to anyone-anywhere with access to a computer. Impact Guns' focus on firearms and shooting-related equipment allows them to buy in large quantities, and pass the savings to customers.

Impact Guns also has a designated team that continuously adds new products with details about their performance. If feedback indicates a product is not up to consumer expectations, Impact Guns will pull it from their stock.

GrabAGun Logo
#2 GrabAGun chevron_right
Brownells Logo
#3 Brownells chevron_right
1.4

The Good

• Great Variety of Products
  • Affordable Price Range
  • Employee Expertise

Impact Guns has a wide variety of firearms and ammunition available on their online store.

They offer products ranging from air-powered guns for youngsters, to hunting and target shooting firearms, and self-defense weapons. Additionally, customers can order gun cleaning supplies, targets, tactical gear, optics, and even surplus items.

The company's price range is exceptional and will work with just about any budget presented. The following are reasons to further look into buying from Impact Guns:

Great Variety of Products

Impact Guns has a selection of hundreds of firearms and accompanying ammunition available for purchase. A customer can order ammunition from the company's online store and receive it within a matter of days.

In terms of shipping, Impact Guns' products usually ship out within three business days. According to the company's website, Impact Guns "will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders."

Affordable Price Range

Impact Guns' pricing ranges anywhere from $317.19-$36,000. In addition to standard products and brands, customers can also shop for collector items and rare guns via the company's online store.

Impact Guns also frequently offers various good deals for firearms, ammunition, and other products they may have in stock. Customers can easily find these featured sales and deals directly on the company's website.

Employee Expertise

Ever since Impact Guns was founded, employee experts have managed the questions and concerns of each customer helping in any way they can.

The customer support service that Impact Guns provides can be hard to beat.

Lifetime Gun Warranty

Impact Guns offers a Lifetime Gun Warranty which states that "Impact Guns will repair or replace the gun at no charge" if the gun sold by Impact Guns becomes defective. This warranty only applies to the original firearm purchaser.

Those interested in this warranty should read all of the warranty conditions before making a firearm purchase. All customers can learn more about this Lifetime Gun Warranty service on the Impact Guns website.

The Bad

• Lack of Comparison Tool
  • Poor Return Policy

Impact Guns does not have the largest selection of guns out there, meaning they may not be capable of having every gun for every potential gun owner. Additionally, their lack of a comparison tool hurts in customers looking for the best deal they can get.

Impact Guns could improve the following to create a better buying experience for customers:

Lack of Comparison Tool

The product selection is large enough to make it difficult to conduct research without a comparison tool. Users may end up spending more time than necessary looking at various firearms and ammunition.

Poor Return Policy

Customers need to look into the return policy if they are not entirely confident in their purchase.

Should customers wish to return a product to Impact Guns within the company's 10-day policy limit, they will most likely be charged a 20 percent restocking fee, meaning they will only get an 80 percent refund of their purchase at the very most.

This return policy may be a problem for first-time customers.

The Bottom Line

Any gun owner, beginner, or experienced, may be quite pleased with Impact Guns.

Their return policy and lack of comparison tool ability can hurt in terms of the customer experience, but the company makes up for it in their product variety, and sole focus upon firearms and ammunitions.

Impact Guns would be a great place to go to look for guns from young children to adults. Overall, gun owners would be well served in using this online shop. Just be sure you are purchasing exactly what you're looking for, as returning products to Impact Guns can cost you.

View Best Guns and Ammo Stores

1.6

ro blat Moorpark, CA

I came across the impactguns website and decided to look around on the page. i found some very good pricing and decided to proceed with a purchase. The purchase process was simple and effective, but i had noticed afterwards, i had wanted to change a few items before shipping. Even though the box was ready for shipping, they went and pulled it so that i could make the changes needed. The sales staff and the gunsmith really are top notch. They are very knowledgeable and appear to do whatever they can to ensure the customer is happy. They are very client and customer support oriented, and have pretty good prices and are fast with shipping and support.

Stephanie Tacoma, WA

I've bought 3 guns ( 1AR, 1 Taurus & a XDM 9mm) from Impact Guns along with numerous magazines and other accessories over the last 3 years and I've never had any problems. Each and every time the orders I placed were shipped out to my FFL and received within the time frame stated on the order. Based on my experiences I'll continue to buy from them in the future.

Michael Hilbert Evergreen, CO

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Has been a month and still havent received my items. Have been quoted 3 different ship dates for items that were supposed to be in stock and when I complained about the amount of time for an online order I got ATTITUDE and a request for sympathy because they are a "small company" that "gets hundreds of daily orders." Don't waste your time, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

TC Knoxville, TN

I found what I wanted and ordered it. It didn't ship when it was supposed with no reason why. I called about it several times. It finally came and was in good shape. It is hard to get someone on the phone and get verification of a shipment, but the selection is good. If I had to return something I can see it being a lot of trouble. The oddest thing that happened.....my credit card was hit with a fraudulent charge about a week after I ordered from them and from the same area code. I called and told them they may have someone taking advantage of their systems and taking credit card numbers but they didn't want to hear it. Just an odd coincidence or someone used the card from there. But I have never done business or used the card in that city or that area of the country before.

J. Johnson Grandville, MI

It looks cheap but they don't make it clear that you may have to pay a transfer fee to the dealer doing the transfer ($60 in my case). I ended up paying just about the same as if I bought it locally. That is not good because if I want to take it back for warranty work I have to mail it as opposed to dropping it off locally. Both my dealer and Impact Guns have lifetime warranties on their guns. For accessories Impact Guns sometimes have good prices. Ammo is cheaper locally for me. I did not have any problem contacting their sales staff. I had to several times for several reasons. Sales staff doesn't always know which parts go with which guns and the description of parts on their website is to minimal.

Leesoto37 Deltona, FL

Order a gun on Thursday morning, paid for a 2 day shipping. Called and talk to a lady in customer service, she said that the order was going to be process. Next day on Friday, checked their website and my order was still in the process mode!! Called again and got the same answer that my gun was on process, I asked the lady if I was going to get my order on the 2 days shipping, she said yes you will. Checked the UPS website and the order was still waiting. Long story short I got my gun on Monday afternoon, when I asked for a refund the guy named TJ send me and email saying that they will not send me a refund due to the order got on time at the armory. Now you guys, how many days are between Thursday and Monday, 2 days????? impact guns if you are not going to honor the 2 day shipping, please do not screw the customers and charge them for it and not fulfill the orders. Definitely will not

JJ Schnell Coeur D Alene, ID

Horrible!!! Backordered a gun 4 weeks ago. They now cancel my order saying I didn't send in FFL info even though I have the receipt showing I did and they never contacted me after the order was placed saying there was a problem. Come to find out they now raised the price of the gun by $140!! Sounds like they decided to cancel just so they could charge more. When questioned they said they can raise prices whenever they want, even after an order is placed and without even telling people! Here is part of their "Terms" : "Because prices, product descriptions and availability can change quickly, Impact Guns does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on the Site. Also, Impact Guns may make changes to the information contained herein, including to the products and prices described in the site, at any time, without prior notice to you (including after you have submitted your order)." Buyer beware!!!

Ed Fort Worth, TX

I am not happy with Impact Guns' policies and attitudes towards their customers. I purchased a BCG which specifically said included a hammer. I paid more for this BCG at Impact Guns than for the same BCG at other places, because it was supposed to include a hammer. But when I received it (22 days later), there was no hammer. No big deal. I thought that I could just call customer service and have them send me the missing part. No. That would be too convenient for the customer. It is Impact Guns' OFFICIAL POLICY to have the customer straighten this out with the manufacturer. The Impact Guns' customer service rep laughed at me when I expressed my frustration with Impact Guns' policies. The bottom line is this: I paid extra money for this BCG and did NOT get my hammer. In addition, it took 22 day from the day I ordered it, till the day it was delivered. It took 19 of those 22 days for Impact Guns to hand off my package to USPS. This order was a waste of my time and money. Finally, a supervisor said she would make an exception in my case, and TRY to work with the manufacturer on my behalf, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that help to come. If I ever do receive the hammer from impact guns, I'll let y'all know in a follow up review. For now, I have no confidence at all in buying anything at Impact Guns. BUYER BEWARE !!!

Tracy CA

I called to make sure I ordered the correct Flock 34 with 10 rd mags for CA. The gun show up but it had high cap mags and the ffl won't give me the firearm with those mags. Impact guns said they would send out the correct ones when there shipping guy comes back. They forgot about me and I had to call them back. The finally ordered the correct mags from there warehouse and had to wait till they got them at there place of business before they could give me a shipping number. I finally get the shipping info and the mags they are sending say they are Glock 19 mags. This has been over a month now and I'm waiting on another response from them. I will call tomorrow and see what the latest excuse is.

Cyanide Chicago, IL

They took almost a month to ship an allegedly "in stock" item, ignored a request I had made about the status then ignored my request to cancel. I already bought the item from a different retailer.

Kenya Durham, NC

I made 2 purchases with impact guns and only recieved 1 gun.I did not know that i needed 2 permits so i only brought 1. Then when i went to pick up up my guns i was only able to get 1 gun. But when i finally got my other permit the place that impact guns shipped it to was closed down and when i called and let them know they did nothing about it. No refund not help what so ever. So i lost out of money over $300 and this is not right nor far.

Andrew Waters

Purchased a suppressor. Was told the next day I'd receive it at the sales price. Was then told the next day my order was cancelled. They still have a similar model to the suppressor on the website, however they refuse to make this right. Will not be purchasing ANYTHING from this retailer again.

Edwin Cintron Scranton, PA

purchased kimber custom tle ii it was in the poorest condition and the gun was so dirty if I was in person I never when by any gun in this condition.They got over on me (ripped off)paid for a new gun and it looks like some one sent me a used gun.the slide had wear marks on .so BUYER BEWARE....THIS IS MY FIRST AND LAST PURCHASE FROM IMPACT GUNS

Ryan Smith Beloit, WI

Customer service that argues, and tries to talk in a condescending manner, and apparently can't count business days, or answer questions. Hopefully my gun makes it here, bit I will never use them again.

john c

They quoted a price for ammo and charged my credit card. Then they cancelled my order saying that it was priced too low? Thats not my fault. Horrible business ethic.