Gunbroker.com Logo

2.1

GunBroker.com is an online gun, ammunition, and gun accessories auction. Buyers have the chance to purchase products within a certain time period. Sellers can sell a variety of products for as little or as much as they want to charge. GunBroker.com has been in the firearm industry for approximately sixteen years. Because GunBroker.com is an auction site, there is a huge variety of firearms and accessories available.

GrabAGun Logo
#2 GrabAGun chevron_right
Brownells Logo
#3 Brownells chevron_right
1.7
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Auction Shop
  • Memberships and Associations
  • Great FAQ
  • Resources and Information

Auction Shop

GunBroker.com is in the firearm industry but is a class of its own. It is an auction shop platform which means there is a large variety of items listed for sale including firearms (pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc.), weapons, ammo, shooting gear, hunting items, and other merchandise. This is a benefit for both sellers and buyers. Most companies just cater to buyers-catering to sellers as well as sets GunBroker.com apart from other companies in the firearm industry.

This company offers a significant amount of information about FFL (Federal Firearms License) locations and dealer services. This information is very valuable to each customer as online firearm customers are required to have their products processed through an FFL dealer.

Memberships and Associations

GunBroker.com is partnered with NSSF, NRA, and USA Shooting. These memberships/associations give credibility to GunBroker.com as well as provide more opportunities for buyers and sellers to get involved in the firearm industry. It also provides additional information about shooting sports and clubs for customers to join.

Great FAQ

The company provides a very detailed frequently asked questions section as part of their provided customer service. They have FAQ's broken down into several subcategories, including separate categories for buyers and sellers to understand how to buy and sell firearms on the site. Because GunBroker.com has so many FAQ's, users can quickly find answers to their various questions.

GunBroker.com uses a large variety of manufacturers. Because of this, customers can find almost any kind of product they want, made by their favorite manufacturer/brand name company. More manufacturers equate to a larger quantity of quality products, something that many other firearm companies do not provide.

Resources and Information

Gunbroker.com has several resources and information on its website that buyers and sellers can both access. In terms of on-site resources, the company has an articles section and a videos section that both provide useful industry-relevant information.

In addition to Gunbroker.com's articles and videos, the company also provides plenty of tools and informational resources on its website for users who are new to the buy and sell platform. Sellers can learn about the different listing options and services available on the company's website, what background checks they need to pass, what type of items they can list for sale, and what fee they need to pay to sell items on the platform. Meanwhile, buyers can learn about payment options, how to navigate the website to find the products they wish to buy, how to make transactions, and more.

The Bad

• Scam Sellers
  • Difficult to Process a Refund
  • Cannot Retract a Bid

Scam Sellers

While being an online gun auction platform has many advantages, it has an equal amount of disadvantages. Because GunBroker.com allows for so many sellers, there is bound to be scam sellers and dishonest sellers. It is difficult for a company like GunBroker.com to carefully monitor transactions with such a large database of sellers. This is a huge disadvantage for buyers. It becomes hard for buyers to distinguish what sellers they can trust to buy a product from. Just like it becomes hard for buyers to trust sellers on this auction site, it is almost equally as hard for sellers to trust buyers. Buyers can be scammed out of money and sellers can be scammed out of their products.

Difficult to Process a Refund

Auction companies like GunBroker.com are often unreliable in the fraud aspect. If a fraud crime does happen, it is a difficult process for a buyer to get a refund on gun sales. They have to do a Fraud Claim and a Fraud Report.

Cannot Retract a Bid

To add on to the difficulty of filing a claim, claims must be filed within 60 days of the end of an auction. Buyers cannot retract a bid. Only sellers can delete a bid in an emergency situation and it is difficult to determine how long it will take for a seller to get back to the buyer. GunBroker.com has had issues with phishing and fraudulent emails. They have provided detailed information on how to avoid being scammed but it is a disadvantage to users to know that they might be scammed by companies using GunBroker.com's name and information.

The Bottom Line

GunBroker.com, as an auction site, provides unique opportunities for buyers and sellers. It is somewhat unusual to have an auction-based online marketplace in the firearm industry, so it definitely sets GunBroker.com apart from its competitors. Being an auction site caters to two different kinds of customers-buyers and sellers. This is an attractive quality for a wider variety of customers than what is usually included in the firearm industry.

GunBroker.com definitely has some drawbacks, however, when it comes to customer safety. As a business, they do a lot to protect their customers, but because they are an auction site it is harder to keep their customers one hundred percent protected in their purchases and gun sales. The product variety provided by this online marketplace is hard to beat. This variety only comes because of their specialty of being an auction site. For customers looking to sell and buy, GunBroker.com is a good place to start their search.

View Best Guns and Ammo Stores

2.5

Steven Pistole Scottsdale, AZ

Sold a rifle and paid the commission. Later gunbroker charged my C.C. an additional $104. for ???? Emailed them, no response from customer service in over 2 months now. Will never do business with them. Once they have your c.c. # you are subject to additional charges.

John Washington, VA

The site has been my source to both buying and selling ever since I discovered it but lately I have taken more time to just read and absorb the wealth of information available on it. So an online source to purchase when I want to, sell when I need to and learn more about my passion has me visiting quite often (more than my spouse would like me to!)

PO'ed Seller Grand Blanc, MI

GunBroker is horrible for sellers. They do not reply to repeated emails. Their Live Chat is most often not available. When it is available, chat agents Max and Reagan will enter the chat then end it. They don't want to deal with anyone they don't like. It also appears that GunBroker blocks certain IP's from starting a Live Chat to obtain customer service. They do this, even if you paid for a Gold Membership through them. This company is not only unprofessional, they just don't care about the sellers that make them money. Stay away if you can.

Oliver Benat Washington, VA

I was looking for a home defense rifle. I went to GunBrokers.com to look for a version of an A-15. I was outbid on a Tanker 9 but I plan to go back and keep checking to see if another one becomes available. I think this site is a great asset.

John Miroslav Washington, VA

I searched with filters of bids “ending tonight at midnight,” with “no reserve” on GunBroker.com. I ended up winning a Dixie Gun Works Colt 3rd Model Dragoon 44 Caliber Revolver Reproduction. It was at the starting bid price. It was great!

Tyron Phelbs Washington, VA

Guns were never my thing before, but they are now. I have acquired a safe mindset, knowledge, and a foundation for shooting. Now I am gaining the knowledge for exactly what is best for me to purchase my first gun on GunBroker.com.

Sam Anderson ,

I never thought I’d ever want or need a gun in my home but the world has gone mad and I don’t feel safe. I had to educate myself about guns. The NRA was my first stop. But I also found a wealth of information on GunBroker.com.

Carlos Vella San Jose, CA

I fear I am becoming seriously addicted to this site. Yes I’m an avid hunter. Yes I own a gun for self-defense. And yes I am a gun collector as well. I have been adding to my collection at a rate that is probably higher than it should be because I can’t stay off this site! Just added a sweet Colt to my collection.

Michael Bieker Simi Valley, CA

Too much fraud occuring. They will not respond to my customer support tickets. Zero after 4 emails. Buyer protection is non-existent. Beware buying or selling on their platform

William Carter ,

I wanted to get something for home protection and I got a great deal on my first ever pistol, the GLOCK 19. It has the best features for what I required for my home. Definitely an ideal pistol for all situations.

Hugo Samaras , VA

I won my bid using the fifteen-minute rule. It was an exciting auction but I got my Savage Model Mark II F .22LR and I will be ready for hunting season. In the meantime, I can get in a little target practice before then.

Anthony Mountain View, CA

One of the things that I really appreciate about Gunbroker.com is their basic training link. Before you register you can learn exactly how the site works and the rules about how to buy or sell.

James Woods , VA

As one who is always changing things up, needing to have the best, newest, etc., I find myself buying and selling a lot. I am thrilled with the consistent availability here and the prices I get from my sales. Just as importantly I can always buy and sell worry-free because of their strict adherence to all regulations and policies.

Jerome Los Angeles, CA

I had inherited my dad’s gun collection which was quite extensive. I’m not a fan; so shoot me (attempt at humor). Back to why I’m here. I found it incredibly easy and surprisingly profitable to sell my father’s prize possession here (sorry Dad)

Carl.L , VA

As an avid hunter, this is my easy “one-stop shop” for everything I need relative to my sport. I try to employ that methodology no matter where I shop when I can and GunBroker makes it easy with not only the best gun selection but all the parts, accessories and gear I need too.

Michael Donaldson ,

I first discovered the site organically when I was Googling around just based on my interest in guns. That first time I was transfixed for hours just learning and getting information on them. Fast forward and now that my friends consider me an expert, the site is still my only place to purchase them.

chris larson Ventura, CA

There is no other gun auction site larger or even close. So this makes it the ebay of gun auctions. Prices are what people want to sell for...just like ebay. I have had over 100 transactions and almost all were just fine. I haven't ran into fraud yet. However, Gunbroker does not have the safeguards ebay has. They won't refund you out of thier own pocket if a seller is a scammer.

tom fitzgerald ,

Reading some of the other reviews on this site this my theory - if your transaction goes smoothly you should be okay. If there is the smallest hiccup you are up the creek. Here is my horror story. First time dealing with gunbroker.com. There was misleading info (lie) on 1 of their ads. I refused to complete transaction. Then they tried to make an unauthorized request for payment of over $300 from my credit card they had on file. This is called fraud or robbery. So if you want to take a chance on not being lied to or robbed be my guest and do business with gunbroker.com. I know I never will again.

Bob O'Brian Albuquerque, NM

Easily the worst gun buying and selling site online. I have been a customer of Gunbroker for over a decade, but no more. Their customer service is non-existent. Their website is horrible, unintuitive, hard to navigate, and they continually mess with it. They spam your email and sell your info. They don't care about customers, only about squeezing every last penny out of every transaction. They charge exorbitant amounts for selling and offer zero--and I do mean zero!--protection for both buyers and sellers. Also, their feedback function is on an A to F grading scale where F is calculated at 50% not 0%. In other words, a 50% rating (as in 2 and 1/2 stars out of 5) is the lowest possible. This deliberate trick on Gunbroker's part means that the performance of buyers and sellers is inaccurately high, which benefits Gunbroker but deceives and therefore hurts customers. Seriously, buy and sell somewhere else. Gunbroker is an awful company!

Mick Salem, OR

1. Grossly misrepresent sellers to potential buyers. A seller with over 10% "F" grades in the previous 12 months and nearly 90% (yes, ninety percent) "F" grades and multiple fraud complaints during the previous month still earn an "A+" and "top seller" rating from Gunbroker. 2. Filing a fraud claim through Gunbroker does little to nothing to recover your money or to "ding" a seller for committing fraud through their website. Physically snail mailing in proof of puchase is required with no action on their part other than to reply, "we encourage buyers to read individual feedback before purchasing". Because my purchase was under their $100 DEDUCTIBLE I was basically SOL. Makes a person wonder just how many people have to have their money stolen for at least the "+" to drop off the "A". Gunbroker refused to disclose their seller rating scale. It took 3 1/2 months, and ultimately, my payment provider to get my money back. On a humorous note, just "today" I received a long overdue message from Gunbroker (month 5). "We are sorry for the delay in responding to your support issue Seller - combatprep (663088) . If you are still experiencing the same issue, please respond to this support issue." Gunbroker? Never again.

John Burnside Colorado Springs, CO

I trade firearms and have used GunBroker several times. You had better have a plan for what to do if a deal goes south because GunBroker does nothing regarding fraud or misrepresentation. I have had two transactions that I sought recourse thru them and they offered no help on one and they never replied to the other. It seems many people have this problem with them. Their pledge on customer service is of no value.

Kevin Rocky Mount, NC

Very difficult to communicate with. No telephone number. Tried for 2 weeks to get account straightened out. Continued to get the same canned answers that did not resolve. I was unable to bid and missed out on a terrific buy plus the seller would have gotten more for his item. VERY disappointed with this site.

Afraid of retaliation Pine Ridge, SD

Gunbroker.com is a dangerous place to conduct business in the firearms industry. I have received many threats from members on gunbroker, who use feedback to blackmail sellers to remove their feedback, that exposes their bad behavior such as illegal purchase attempts. In the firearm industry, most big distributors have softrware preventing most illegal bid attempts on restricted items. example if you are from CA, and want to buy a high capacity magazine which is illegal, its automatically blocked. Gunbroker doesn't do that. gunbroker makes it next to impossible for licensed firearm dealers to conduct legal transactions in many cases.. they seem to facilitate illegal transactions and profit from it. I can prove it easily. I cant prevent an illegal bid on a item, which they could easily do. So when someone buys something illegally, when I report it I have to wait about a month in an almost impossible system to get a refund for the auction fees. Gunbroker is a very hostile place. I have had hundreds of members use insults and disrespect to conduct business, it seems to be encouraged by lack of policy enforcement. I sell guns and gun related items. I would have to be a fool to sell someone a gun if they insult me! I have even had to call authorities due to serious threats on gunbroker from other members, all because I report their unacceptable behavior in the feedback and they threaten me to remove it. Very serious. One member sent me a picture of himself saying remove feedback, or guess who's coming over for dinner, attached to a picture of himself in a military police uniform armed! yeah I called the cops and they handled it! Gunbroker, removed my honest feedback. Seriously, they cow towned to a criminal who makes death threats online. that guy sent me numerous email threats. rthe cops ultimately put an end to those threats,and gunbroker did let me enter feedback, after caving into the bullies demands. If someone buys something from me on an auction site,a nd then insults me, I am leaving honest feedback reflecting that, so the next person is warned about that unnacptable behaviour

John Wood Punta Gorda, FL

Bought a few guns through them and never really had any issues. That was because I never really had any problems. Most of the dealers were fine to deal with when there were no issues. In my last transaction, I bought a "new" Glock. When I got it I couldn't find the extra backstraps ( I could have misplaced them ) so I contacted Glock to see if I could get some replacements. No problem, except that they informed me that although I may have purchased a gun I thought was new and unfired, Glock considered it used because it had been shipped by them three (3) years earlier and was already out of warranty. When I contacted Gunbroker, the idiot that contacted me pointed out an obvious typo in the email I received from Glock and basically told me to take a walk. I then replied pointing out that the discrepancy was a typo, my communication was ignored. Since then I have checked my local dealer prices and they're basically the same or very close. Save yourself some grief, deal locally and ignore these scam artists.

doug sukut Wahpeton, ND

While the concept of Gunbroker is good., the fact that they do not monitor the crooks and scam artist, and in fact are protecting them because they pay the commissions. It has become a risky place to do business, and the fact they are dealing in guns, some higher authority should be looking at shutting them down. There are vast amounts of junk being sold as great guns, only to find later they may need expensive repairs, or non repairable, and there is no one to help you. They do not even have a phone number for customer service.. Get mad at them , and they will simply close your account, and go on with business as usual. Do your purchases locally or other gun sights. Gunbroker is a haven for thieves.. You will likely loose your money. I lost 1200.00. from Kieth Bugajski doing business as BuggysGuns. That was enough for me.

JP Dublin, NH

Charging a credit card for money not due is fraud. They do it with impunity. My advise is to not give them ANY credit card or bank account information. Once they have your credit card or bank account they will take money from it whether it's legitimate or not. I believe they will do or say anything, including altering records and account activity, to prolong this activity.

Jay Madd Melbourne, FL

Horrible customer service. Virtually none. The website is very hard to use, and they do not answer questions on their customer service link. There is no customer service phone access. They continued to bill me after they were notified my listed item had sold. Bill me for what? They wouldn't answer. Look at their BBB review. It is horrible, and well deserved. STAY AWAY!

John Daniel Pass Christian, MS

Bad attitudes and horrible customer service !! The seller didn't want to complete the purchase and they suspended my account for 90 days would not listen to me at all and even refuse to delete my personal information or close my account ! Do not deal with these people !The items I did purchase from them except one were total junk !! Avoid at all costs deal with someone else.

Justin Pattison Charlottesville, VA

I immediately cancelled an order from the seller BlackmarketArms though the website gunbroker.com. contacted the seller less than 5 minutes after bidding on a item.. I also never verified the purchase, never put in my credit card, nor did I sign for anything... This seller has been spamming my email for weeks with monetary warnings, monetary threats and scare tactis.. They are bad business, and I will make sure online forums and reviews will let potential customers know.

Ed HObbs Forney, TX

Purchased a firearm from GunBroker, paid seller twice with proof of payments but the item hasn't been delivered in 4 months. GunBroker says they don't even verify the existence or legality of firearms sold on their site. They also seem to uprate the sellers on their site. Forget customer service on resolving the problem. Check this out on the hundreds of complaints on their company on the web sites. These are certainly true. May be time for this company to be investigated by the ATF as to their practices in selling firearms.

danil fanin IL

This company does not stand by their fraud guarantee. Sellers advertise guns as what they want and don't follow rules. I personally bought a factory new gun and when received it found out it was used. Gunbroker admitted to sellers negligence yet denied fraud complaint. What is fraud? Is it not fraud to pay for one thing and receive something else

Chris Carter Palatka, FL

My review is more about the sellers on the site than Gun Broker itself. These guys sell there items at Highly inflated prices. This goes especially for the ammo sales. These guys are the first to Jack Up their already exorbitant prices at the first whisper of crackdown. We all remember the ATF proposed ban on 5.56 LAP. The prices for 5.56 62gr8 LAP almost doubled. I know these guys are selling to make a profit but Come On. I say we all boycott the site until these guys bring their prices back down to reality. Thank you for your time.

Don Revell Pittsburgh, PA

Terrible customer service. They are no help at all. I’ve had a claim since January 2020. The only way I get a response is when I file with the BBB. When they respond I swear they don’t read the issue. If they truly cared about there customers they would pick up the phone.

Tom Bumgarner Bayview, ID

I was active for several years, making approximately two dozen transactions on Gunbroker. I then went quite for a couple of years and when returning found my history and ratings completely gone. Many sellers don't deal with noobe's, so that history was valuable to me. ZERO response from Customer Service. I will have nothing to do with them again.

MOSA1234 Pleasant Mount, PA

Exceptionally accurate pricing and information on guns and ammo. Prices very reasonable and usually fast service.

John Reaper The Bronx, NY

The worst gun auction site in the world, they have no customer service, some one hacked my account ,bid on something and i did not pay for it, so they suspended my account permanently and basically told me to bad for you, you need to pay for your item.

wiliam Acushnet, MA

had someone commit to buying an item then did not have money to pay for it but i am still being charged the sellers fee of 113.75 no customer support number just a bunch of pages to leave notes that do not get answered but the still with draw money from credit card

Luis Toms River, NJ

They will take your money and send you a bunch of robotic emails that don’t help you at all. They took over $500 and it’s been over a year that I haven’t received it back. And honestly I don’t think I will ever get it

Bruce Schluderman Round Rock, TX

Cancelling a bid on this site is not possible. Made a key punch error and even with 7 days remaining on the auction they would not do a cancellation. There are better options for online auctions.

Rob Whipple Mesa, AZ

First time using Gunbroker. Good experience with a well reviewed seller. No problem and I have loved my gun.

LazarusLong Beaumont, TX

Feedback system allows retaliatory feedback. If a buyer gets a bad item and leaves negative feedback, seller can leave negative feedback even if seller does everything right.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

I always enjoy shopping at Gunbroker.com because they have what I want for a low price, but on their website it’s kind of hard to find what I need.

Remy Smith Salt Lake City, UT

they allow sellers to continually list and sell items that refuse to follow through with the sale when the auction does not net the seller the desired sale price.

Jeff Martin Layton, UT

Ive used Gun Broker on many new purchases and ive been extremely happy with my experience.

pcnelson Sulligent, AL

Customer Service is very poor, with no replies given in many cases. Getting a refund for a Gun Broker error is next to impossible.

Blake Spooner

FRAUD. $$$$ taken. No items recieved. No help or assistance by gunbroker. Cannot even get a reply or reach customer service. AVOID

Jim Jones Belton, TX

Don’t do business with them!! As long as they get their cut working from Mom’s basement, they won’t help on any problems.

roco Garner, NC

they could care less about fraud as long as they get their $