Freedom Munitions is an ammo distributor as well as a manufacturer. It offers new and remanufactured ammunition (reloads), all manufactured in the company’s factory in Idaho.

All rounds that Freedom Munitions sells are inspected prior to packaging and are made of components from high-quality manufacturers such as CCI/Speer, Federal Cartridge, Lake City Arsenal, X-Treme Bullets, Nosier Bullets, Hornady, and St. Marks.

In addition to high quality, new and remanufactured ammunition, the company sells reloading, rifles, pistols, gun parts, and accessories for fairly reasonable prices.

Freedom Munitions also provides free targets, ammo giveaways for loyal customers, and an online safety center and videos for customers to improve their shooting experience.

#1 Bass Pro Shop chevron_right
#2 GrabAGun chevron_right
#3 MidwayUSA chevron_right
1.7
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Search Filters
  • Carries Popular Brands
  • Ammo Inventory
  • Brass Cases
  • Accessories

Search Filters

Freedom Munitions’ inventory is clearly laid out on its well-organized and updated website. Shoppers can look for ammunition using a number of search filters:

• Category
  • Manufacturer
  • Brand
  • Bullet Manufacturer
  • Price
  • Caliber
  • Ammo Type (New or Remanufactured)
  • Bullet Profile
  • Bullet Weights (Grain Measurements)
  • Activity (General Purpose, Self-Defense, Competition, or Hunting)
  • Stock (In Stock or Out of Stock)

Carries Popular Brands

The company carries products from a number of popular brand names like American Steel, Big Grains, Boar Buster, Depredation, Hush, Leadville, Promatch, Tagged Out, and X-Def.

Freedom Munitions understand that it is important to carry top ammunition brands because they tend to be known for their reliability and product quality.

Ammo Inventory

Freedom Munitions sells ammo rounds for a number of gun types and calibers:

• Pistol
    • 22 Long Rifle
    • 22 Magnum
    • 17 HMR
    • 22 Short

The ammo inventory includes Hush, Nosier, and Eley subsonic loads.

Brass Cases

The company offers both unprimed and primed X-Treme Brass cases for reloads made in the Idaho facility to SAAMI specifications.

Remanufactured X-Treme cases are sized back like factory new, the primer pockets are reamed, and they are checked and washed.

Accessories

In addition to ammunition, reloading, firearms, and gun parts, Freedom Munitions sells several accessories for gun owners including:

• Apparel
  • Ammo storage (boxes and cans)
  • Gun storage (safes and cases)
  • Range (exploding and paper targets)
  • Hearing protection (electronic muffs)
  • Knives
  • Flashlights
  • Gun cleaning (brushes, patches, mops, oils, lubricant, and cleaning kits)

The Bad

• Limited Firearms Inventory
  • Product Recalls

Limited Firearms Inventory

Freedom Munitions offers four firearm types: STI Hush handguns, Lower receivers, Bushmaster rifles, and Seekins GI rifles.

More specific information is available for each of these products on the company's website, including barrel length, buttstock, trigger, and handguard length. It is important to note, however, that there are many other ammo companies that offer a larger online weapons inventory that customers order from.

Product Recalls

Freedom Munitions has had to make recalls for some products in light of malfunctions with reloads.

This is a drawback for customers as they might need to worry about the safety of the products that they are ordering from Freedom Munitions. This is one downfall of being a remanufacturing company rather than just a distributing company.

The Bottom Line

Freedom Munitions is unique because it is a remanufacturing company and not just a distributor.

Customers can expect lower price ranges compared to that of other guns and ammo companies since not all the ammunition is “new” and can also expect customer service responses within 24 hours.

The online store sells ammo, cases, and accessories that are high quality, though its firearms inventory is limited to four products and some products have been recalled in the past.

Overall, the variety of ammunition offered by Freedom Munitions as well as its reasonable prices for clearance offerings make it worth considering for a weapon or ammunition order, whether it's for law enforcement needs, target practice, hunting, or shooting competitions.

Those worried about the company's products are advised to read Freedom Munitions reviews before they make a purchase.

View Best Guns and Ammo Stores

1.9

Joseph

July 28th, 2020 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So I have never heard of this company until I went shooting with a friend at Mogollon rim in Arizona. We were shooting all kinds of guns 9mm, .38 and .22. We had our children with us. One of the Hush bullets in the .38 was a squib. That means the bullet was not either primed correctly or not enough gun powder in the bullet. What happens is the bullet was lodged in the barrel. Luckily I noticed nothing came out of the barrel cause my friend almost fired another round. If he were to do that it would have been disastrous for my friend. I have never seen this happen before and thought the public should know what kind of product this company puts out.

D P

April 18th, 2020 Omaha, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used to love this company. Bought 1000s rounds in years. Lost year bought 500 rounds 7.62 39. They sent me 300 never refunded me for 200 rounds. Also bought HK p 30 which use 124 grain ammo only. Their 124 does not cycle in my HK. Used to love this company but these days bad service and bad product quality.

GodisMyLight

April 16th, 2020 Kalamazoo, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In the past YRS ago they were doing well then BLAH! I had to stop ordering from them because id make order but wouldnt see it for long time then id have to threaten them just to get them to ship the ammo. 2 to 3 weeks for normal delivery that wouldnt have happened if i hadnt threatened them. I dont buy from them any more.

Eaglegreen

April 14th, 2020 Hedgesville, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Freedom Munitions is obviously making a push running TV ads about all that they are trying to do to meet demands. My product was scheduled for delivery on the east coast on 4/10 via UPS. When it did not arrive I sent a message to Freedom immediately. They say that they respond within 24 hours. After 3 days I sent another message. No response. Today I called. After holding for quite a while the system simply cuts you off and forces you to leave a message. Supposedly my order was shipped from Washington State to Minnesota, to Illinois (3/4 of the way to my house). Then the order disappeared from 4/8 to just an hour ago(6 days). Now it is supposedly back in California with a delivery date of 4/20. Times are challenging but this total lack of customer service is ridiculous. Saving a few cents is not worth the aggravation!

Bob Browning

March 28th, 2020 Goose Creek, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've bought several thousand rounds, mainly reloads, from Freedom Munitions. I'm part of their brass exchange program, too. I used to shoot competition. I liked the prompt shipments and lower prices when I ordered ammo they had on hand. For self defense ammo I've bought new ammo. All the deer I've harvested dropped where they stood, except 2, when confronted with Freedom Munitions reloads at 85 to 200 yards. 1 dropped in 15 yards and the other made it almost 25 yards. I've been teaching women and kids to shoot 9mm and .40 cal pistols so having the lowest cost ammo mattered to me. I have never experienced any issues with a single round of remanufactured 9mm, .40, .45LC, .45ACP, .44 Mag, .38SPL, or .357 Mag ammo and I've shot thousands of rounds of them in total. Freedom Munitions has supplied thousands of rounds to my friends and family members scattered around the USA, too, and I've never hears a single ammo related complaint from any of them. When I need ammo, I always go to search Freedom Munitions first.

jim p

February 20th, 2020 Canfield, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

customer service 2month no money back on skwib from new 9mm ammo. have bought many rounds 1000 s mostly new just got off the phone with Brenda a. 2/20/20 will not buy from freedom munitions again.

Echo2727

January 26th, 2020 Irving, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their new ammo isn’t bad (no experience with reman), but their customer service is lacking. Shorted me 50 rounds from an order of 1000 and and were slow to respond to my email. If fact it was only after my initial review was posted that I received a response with an apology and promise to ship a box of 50 rounds. I’ve used FM before and may try again.

Kevin

January 16th, 2020 Winfield, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have sure changed Purchased ammo in past That worked ok not great it was reman 45 Could tell a difference between the new and reman. They use to offer discount shipping I see they no longer do that called and ask was told new owner has not implemented any coupons for any shipping discounts. That being said and after reading other reviews of people not getting there discount for return brass or long delayed shipments I will not consider buying from them ever again the reman ammo is not that great anyway so I would get the new and still had problem's with ammo did not shoot on target as new did Big difference Only purchased there because they use to give low cost or sometimes free shipping sure glad I read the reviews of others and guess I was lucky in past I received my order even though it took a lot longer than expected And there Cust service can give you no information at all And that's if they answer to sometimes put you on hold till you get tired of waiting and hang up. Glad I took time to read other reviews and made my decision That I will not order from this company at all and save myself from being pissed off because I did.

Mike

December 15th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Freedom Munitions had a brass credit / buy-back program in which I sent them about $100 in brass to be used as a store credit. I shipped them my brass, but when it came to using my credit, I found that the program ended AND I lost my store credit. I attemped to call & email them SEVERAL times, with no reply. What a RIP-OFF!!!

Al

December 13th, 2019 Fairless Hills, PA

Today is 12/13/19 Does anyone know if Freedom Munitions is still in business? I have been calling them for the last 2 days and keep getting voice mails. I wanted to place an online order however I am very doubtful considering i cannot get a hold of anyone to ask some questions - Thx

Joseph Blough

December 5th, 2019 Humble, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just received 500 rounds of NEW ammo just to open EVERY box (marked NEW) to find re-manufactured ammo. They were good in the past but they are struggling and it seems employees are trying to sabotage the company to put it out of its misery.

Erich tremblay

April 22nd, 2019 Toledo, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best prices I could find and great products. I get 10MM and .380 ammo, when in stock I get it on time with no problems.

TBONE

April 6th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered ammo that was in stock. On a sunday And recieved shipping confirmation on that next monday stating it would arive by that friday.. I have been tracking the shipment and it said it left on tuesday. But acording to the tracking number provided by them it had a departure scan and as the week whent on no other scans were made. And each day it still said that i would get it on friday.. friday came and recieved a notice from UPS that it will now be delivered on the next monday. Buy yet the tracking number still says the same thing as it did on the Tuesday it suposedly shipped out. Departure scan and no other scans. Called them up to tell them i would not pay for shipping since it was their fowl up. Whent right into voice mail and have never heard a thing from them. I should of whent to SG AMMO they have brand new ammo for the same price as freedoms remanufactured ammo same caliber same everything. I have never had any problems with SG ammo IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM FROM SHIPPING TO SHOOTING THIER AMMO...and I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM FREEDOM MUNITIONS AGAIN. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD FROM ANYBODY.. IF I COULD GIVE THEM A HALF A STAR I WOULD STRAIGHT ACROSS THE BOARD

Satchmoeddie

March 27th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unless you are shooting super common popular calibers, Freedom will not have it in stock, and their remanufactured garbage costs MORE than new production ammo of higher quality from 7 or 8 other retailers. Anyone who thinks Freedom makes good ammo has probably never shot good ammo. I just dropped $2000 on 77 Grain .223 match grade HPBT ammo. The stuff makes Freedom's 55 grain reman .223 look like TRASH, because it is TRASH. My in box is continually filled with SPAM from Freedom, and there NOTHING in their stock that I find worth buying. Warranty? Yeah right. They filed for bankruptcy, and I have ammo that is unsafe to shoot and no way to return it. When I called their phone number, I was hung up on. Their prices on new production ammo are VERY HIGH. Shipping? I have received a partial shipment, and have waited over a year for the rest of the shipment. IT IS NOT COMING. Freedom Ammo is dead to me.

Gunslick

January 8th, 2019 Surprise, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If their ammo is hand inspected, they need new glasses. I got some 38 super and one of the bullets was jammed into the case 3/8th of an inch deeper than the others. Call FM and they said it happened during shipping... lie... I called them on it. The box was not damaged and the round was in the middle of all of the others. They offered to put a dollar into my account for compensation. By the way, compressed loads way below recommended COL could damage you and/or your gun. No more FM for me.

John K Fischer

May 7th, 2018 Anacortes, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used to be a regular customer for 9mm, .223, and 5.56 [new and reman] ammo about 2 years ago... no issues, and good accuracy to the rounds, reasonable delivery. Lasted about 6 months. I'd say the entire company has fallen off a cliff since then. Currently on their web site, they are completely sold out of any kind of .223 and 5.56 ammo, and have been for over a year. Very little for sale of any kind of ammo, and what there is, is way too expensive. My guess is that they're out of business, and just trying to sell what little remaining stock they can before they disappear entirely... which couldn't happen too soon, IMHO. I have no ill will, but they should have admitted defeat a long time ago, got out of business then, and saved a lot of people a whole lot of agony having to deal with their poor business practices. Enjoy life without them!

Dustin Young

May 2nd, 2018 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cheap and reliable ammunition. Bit have a tendency of going out of stock on certain items .223 rem. and 5.56 NATO. Also geat price on AR Magazines.

David

March 26th, 2018 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good prices, but good prices are negated by horrible customer service and refusal to answer inquiries. Every email to them gets the same canned response that "Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, your order has not yet shipped and we do not have an estimated ship date at this time." They will tell you to get a UPS account for faster tracking, but a UPS account doesn't do any good if they don't ship. There's no excuse for a business to have NO idea when they will ship in-stock ammo. All the while, they send DAILY marketing emails. The very last order I will ever place with them is now sitting with no ETA and no reply to latest inquiry. Places like SG Ammo and TargetSports USA have comparable pricing AND they ship very quickly. Freedom Munitions has fooled me into ordering for the last time.

James Bennett

March 24th, 2018 Oswego, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I tried to order years ago. Tool so long I had to cancel and order from another source. Fast forward tow weeks prior to 3/24/18. Placed a order for 800 rounds of ammo. Nothing for over a week. Sent a email asking when it will ship. Got a canned response that was a typing of the picture they sent a day earlier that there’s going to be a delay. Called at the end of the week. Left a message they never seem to be open for phone calls. Expressed my displeasure and I would like a call back to know when my order would ship or to cancel my order. Suddenly my order ships. Arrived 3/24/18. Opened the package only to be short 200 rounds. I paid for 800. They took my money for 800 they sent me 600. So even through it’s a Saturday I called. Left a message sent a email. They really need a customer service person to work more than from 8-1 druring the week. Not a lot of time to try and get in touch with them. Their email responses are not helpful at all. I learned my lesson. Left comments on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Even made a 1 min video showing there’s no way they shipped me what they were supposed to. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THE PRICE ISNT WORTH THE HASSLE

Ken Hawkins

March 14th, 2018 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Late every time I've ordered not much for writing reviews but you would think they could get an order out on time Won't order again

Sam Kluth

December 13th, 2017 Westminster, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have placed an order a month ago and they will not tell me where my order is or when it will be shipped. When I call to find out where my order is all they tell me is it is awaiting fulfillment and they can not give me a time to when it will be shipped. Terrible customer service.

Danny Garcia

November 24th, 2017 Bellevue, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do not stand by anything that they say. Deals sometimes work sometimes don't and their answer to everything is sorry can't do anything about it.

Kelly

November 24th, 2017 Athol, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

False advertising... Black Friday deals were supposed to start at 9PST. Website would not work. I kept trying and slowly different portions worked for brief periods. Finally got the black friday deal added to the cart and tried to checkout and it kicked me off. It even asked me to set up an account or sign in at one point and then went back to the ad when I tried to proceed. Finally at midnight when I went back to my cart it kicked me out one last time before it came to life and said sold out. I will not recommend or shop with them again

Jason

November 14th, 2017 West Monroe, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ridiculous to deal with. I ordered 9mm fmj. They cancelled the order because they didn't really have what they offered for sale in stock. So there is a 31 day hold on my credit card now. I asked them to send me similar ammo than what I ordered. Completely ignored me and offer d me a BS 7% discount on my next order and free shipping when shipping was free anyway. Brenda could care less about customers. Forget this BS company and heed these bad reviews-they really are THAT bad. Bye Felicia, you are not the only ammo sellers in town.

Edward Parsons

November 13th, 2017 Belmont, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Purchased 500 reman .223 . First box of 50 I opened I had 9 cartridges fail to feed into chamber.. On examination of them it showed that brass was not sized right and was being pushed into bore and causing jams. I sent the shells back with pics of brass and received a call fro a so called manager.I was promised that every thing would be fine. Know I find that I have been sent a box of 450 which is more than likely be the same ones that I returned. Told nothing about what I was getting. Be Careful when you buy from them. Pictures avaiable

Shaun

September 26th, 2017

I have ordered about 15,000 rounds from them, to date they have the best pricing on a great product. I highly recommend them to everyone!

TC

August 9th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

Great ammunition at great prices! Delivery isn't always prompt, but the ammo quality is worth the wait. I have NEVER had a problem with their 9mm new or reloads and have shot several thousand rounds.

Al

May 17th, 2017 Pleasantville, NJ

This was my first and last order I placed with Freedom Munitions. Although Freedom Munitions has descent pricing, shipping is horrible. Placed an order for 1000 rounds of 9mm on May 5 and expected delivery per UPS is May 22. You can find the same pricing, and now lower pricing, on other websites with much faster shiping. Sorry Freedom, you lost me.

Bo

May 12th, 2017

Very slow order processing and delivery. I ordered May 4 and as of today May 12, no word on whether the order has been processed yet. I returned some reman ammo a year ago and it took over a month to get credit and new ammo shipped. I like the ammo, altho I had a problem with some .45acp reman, but they allowed me to return and replace it. I will continue giving them my business as I believe the problem ammo I received was a one time problem.

Steve F

April 14th, 2017 Pomona, CA

Watch out for the SHADY tactics of FREEDOM MUNITIONS. They offer free shipping and then jack up the ammo price to cover it. In my case, my total bill with “free shipping” as a new customer, was more than if I had just bought it outright! They offered to give me 5% off on my next purchase… Seriously? Why would I ever deal with these clowns again?

jim pence

March 16th, 2017 Butler, PA

I have used 38 sp not much though was fine. I have shot 4000's of reman 9mm have stayed with the 9mm but like new, shot over 10,000 115 hp and have gone to 124 hp will try 147 gr some day. never had a problem with any of it. as far as shipping goes 5 working days was alright with me. they have a buyer in me. I live in eastern ohio.

David d

March 6th, 2017

There are just to many good company's out there to order from . Why order from a company that spend all its money on advertising but doesn't care less about getting the product to the customer how about you have some of those marking department guys go down to the ship department get some of the freaking orders out

B. Roszak

November 18th, 2016

I've been waiting 14 business days for my order to get "processed"! They say they can't cancel it?! The company won't give me a shipping date. Lousy' lousy, customer service! Don't order with Freedom Munitions if you expect timely delivery. B.R.

Drew McKenna

November 11th, 2016 Westminster, CO

I found Freedom Munitions 40SW and 223 reloaded ammo to both function consistently and as expected. It was boxed well and shipped in a reasonable time. For reloaded ammo it is worth the money.

Jeffrey H

November 2nd, 2016

Decided to try out ammo from this company as they have sent ammo to local 3 gun matches in my area. Picked this ammo and at time of the order it was stating IN STOCK. The site doesn't state any shipping delay until you place the order, there is 5-10 business day for shipping. This is not what I really wanted to do but figured I'd still give them a try. From the date of the order Sept. 10, 2016 until the first time I called them it was now Sept. 27, 2016. I spoke with one officer worker that had no idea what was going on and said she would put in a shipping request to get the order processed. Six more days have passed and called today Nov. 2, 2016 and spoke with a different office person. I told her what is going on and she put me on hold for a few minutes. She came back and preceded to tell me they where OUT OF STOCK and that they have been for quite awhile. It took 3 weeks and two phones calls to get this sorted out. This is the first and last time I ever use this company, I should of read other reviews online before I placed my order, Same scenario happened to other customers. The lack of communication within this company is obvious at this point and only thing they offer is "I'm sorry". Guess that's the only thing they have in stock.

FUBAR BANDOLERO

November 1st, 2016

Freedom Munitions never fails to disappoint. I have not yet had a straightforward, quality experience with the company. The first purchase I ever made with them was 1000 rounds of reman 223. While it actually shot very consistently accurate, 50% of the first 300 rounds I shot had blown primers. Have never had blown primers out of any other manufacturer with the gun....or any gun for that matter. The primers that didn't blow straight out would blow primer dimples into the bcg so I would have to take the rifle apart every 90 rounds or so and dump what appeared to be 50 grit steel blasting media out of the thing or the pin and or bolt would seize up. Called FM up. No answer. No response. Finally sent em a polite, detailed account of my experience via email. After several days they responded with a request for the p.o. number, lot numbers, detailed description of the gun (with pictures), and ammo (with pictures). They said they would investigate and get back to me. More than two weeks later, they still hadn't gotten back to me so I emailed them again. Had to send the lot numbers and pictures all over again. Then they finally sent me a shipping label to return the remaining 700 rounds and it still took another several weeks to get the exchange. There are times when I haven't been able to access my account. Can't create a new account. FM doesn't recognize my password for new account and will not send me confirmation. Worst accuracy out of new 147 gr xtp I've ever seen. Can't apply both a gift certificate and a discount code to my purchase. Etc, etc... The state of their ammo stock always makes it look like they are going out of business rather than manufacturing ammo. Several of my favorite youtubers really recommend these guys, so I've tried to look past it and support them. But I just don't think I can anymore.

Ed

July 11th, 2016 Pinckney, MI

What does it take for Freedom Munitions to issue a refund for faulty ammo. They mailed me a return shipping label and it was shipped back and received by them on May 26. Communication by the company is non existent, calls not answered or returned, same with emails. I talked to a rep on 7-7 and was told they would check it out and call back later that day. It's now 7-11 and no return call and no one answers phones or emails at Freedom. Very unprofessional for a company!

ed s

June 8th, 2016 Las Vegas, NV

I'm a first time buyer at Freedom Munitions and was excited about their low prices but its been 2 weeks and my order is still in "Pending" status. They didn't waste any time charging my credit card tho. No one answered their customer service number so I left a voicemail about 5 days ago and no call back or e-mail update yet.

Randy Thompson

June 4th, 2016 Williston, ND

Received defective ammunition. Bullets were seated too deeply, potentially increasing pressure. If my gun had fed the ammo, it very easily could have blown up the barrel and caused serious physical injury. Freedom Munitions will not respond to my emails. I have tried to contact them about four times in one month.