Ammo To Go Logo
LAST UPDATED: April 14th, 2022

In 2004, the founders of Ammo To Go decided to start a business that embodies their strong beliefs in Texas tradition. Their interest in the outdoors, hunting, and fishing enabled them to start a retail store focused on helping outdoorsmen and women. The products that Ammo To Go sells originally started out in a store, but has transformed into a fully operational online vendor. Their main focus is to help their customers find the perfect outdoor product to suit their needs. Ammo To Go customers can buy ammunition, gun cleaning supplies, reloading supplies like brass casings and bullet rounds, accessories, and more.

Cabela's Logo
#1 Cabela's chevron_right
GrabAGun Logo
#2 GrabAGun chevron_right

The Good

• Wide Variety of Ammunition
  • Great Search Options
  • Affordable Prices

Wide Variety of Ammunition

Ammo To Go has a very wide variety of ammunition; ranging for shooters who like to target shoot, those who like to go hunting, or even for those that want to feel secure and have self-defense. Customers can buy pistol ammo, rifle ammo, shotgun ammo, and specialty ammo. The company also sells items from top brands.

Great Search Options

Ammo To Go has good online search options, and all provided ammunition is organized into separate categories, making it easier to find.

Affordable Prices

Ammo To Go offers inexpensive ammunition solutions and shows prices/PPR on its website. This online ammunition vendor offers sales on a regular basis and has an entire online department dedicated to clearance items.

The Bad

• No Guns For Purchase
  • No Comparison Tools
  • Restocking Fee

No Guns For Purchase

Since Ammo To Go is all about ammunition, there are no guns to purchase on this website, so that makes it only good for those that have guns already.

No Comparison Tools

The company does not offer a comparison tool that potential customers can use to compare the different munitions with others.

Restocking Fee

While Ammo To Go does feature a 30-day return policy, this policy is accompanied by a 10 percent restocking fee, so customers should be aware that they will likely not be receiving a full refund on products they wish to return.

The Bottom Line

Ammo To Go is one of the best places to go if ammunition is what is being sought after. They have a great price range and customer service that is specified to ammunition. If a customer is shopping for guns Ammo To Go is not the place to go, but they can give customers websites to go to for firearms. Overall, Ammo To Go is a great company for anyone that wants to buy ammunition, but not to those that are on the search for firearms and other weapons.

View Best Guns and Ammo Stores

3.0

Custom Tactics Groveton, NH

So I tried to change my previous review but it would not allow me to update it. At first I had issues with this company because of shipping. They were very polite and quick to call me back to reply to my messages and emails. Package showed up on time as scheduled to so I am very satisfied with my purchase and will this company so will be buy more ammo from them in the future.

Rick

Ordered ammo from ATG and was pleasantly impressed by the company’s fast response and shipping! Will recommend to anyone who uses site

Rejara Dorsey Detroit, MI

I’d love to give them 0 stars. It’s been a year and I have no received ANY ammo from them. I want my money back dude. That’s totally unfair. These people are THEIFS. I will NEVER ever buy or refer to anyone. COVID IS BS. You guys are horrible people and need to be sued for stealing our money. I spent a lot of freaking money with you guys! Horrible Service. I want my money back

Xman Newburgh, IN

Always good experience in stock items are quickly shipped They have answered emails in timely manner They have had items in this day and age that others do not have. Good business

Mark Beaver Dam, WI

I ordered two cases - one 9mm, one 223 ammo. It was delivered in 3 days and I have no complaints about the packaging. The price was right and I like their site. Their ammo testing for self-defense ammo is pretty interesting too.

Jason Brown Greenbrier, AR

Stay away, its been 9.5 months and i have stll only received a partial order (less than 1/3 of my order. When i bought my order in November of 2020 i was told 60 to 90 days. They have never provided me with a status unless i contact them. It was 2 months before i even requested an update. Now 9.5 months later they are not even responding to email request for updates. COVID is a b.s. excuse, at the time if the order they were well aware of delays on supply but continued to take orders and peoples money then lie to people stating they would get their orders in 60 to 90 days. The small portion of the order i have received (.223) had 10 miss fires out of 40 rds. They did send me 20 rds when i told them....wow how generous (please note sarcasm).

Dennis Reno, NV

I received two boxes of Winchester .38 Wadcutter Ammo from "AMMO TO GO". It arrived so tarnished/mottled that I thought maybe it was antique ammo. ! I requested a refund and even sent a number of pictures of the questionable ammo to "AMMO TO GO" , at their request. Needless to say , my efforts were completely ignored by "AMMO TO GO" and I finally threw the raunchy product in my trash can. Nasty people , nasty customer service and nasty product ! Too bad I had to give one star !!!!!

Marcus A. El Paso, TX

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TRUST THESE SCAMMERS WITH YOUR MONEY!! I purchased 1000 rounds of Wolf 9mm ammo from these's clowns and only recieved 850. I tried calling them, emailing them, no response. They should be put out of business! The BATF or the Texas Department of Justice needs to investigate these thiefs!