Able Ammo Logo

2.0

Able Ammo has been distributing in the online firearm industry since 2003. Most of their products fall under a discount category. The products that Able Ammo carries include a full range of ammo and firearms. They also carry hunting supplies, archery supplies, optics, safes, and even clothing.

GrabAGun Logo
#2 GrabAGun chevron_right
Brownells Logo
#3 Brownells chevron_right
1.7
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Very Informative
  • Variety of Products
  • Affordable Prices

Very Informative

Able Ammo provides excellent information for their customers. They provide information on how to buy a gun online, manufacturer information, and even ballistic data on their ammunition. This information keeps their customers informed about what products they are buying, how the products perform, and the best way to get those products.

Variety of Products

The company sells a great variety of products. For the consumer who is really looking to browse online, Able Ammo is perfect for them. They provide seven out of seven kinds of firearms in the category of gun selection and six out of six kinds of ammo in the category of ammo selection. This huge selection is a big benefit for their customers and it sets them apart from their competitors.

Affordable Prices

Able Ammo features a number of deals for the budget-conscious consumer. Most firearm and ammunition distributors in the market don't go above and beyond their normal deals to provide specials for their customers, and this is an area in which Able Ammo excels. The company also has a sister website where they list premium shotguns (www.premiumshotguns.com). For the consumer who is looking to buy something special and a little more exclusive, they have a specific place to go. Almost no other distribution companies provide premium firearms or ammunition.

The Bad

• Stocking Issues
  • Customer Issues

Stocking Issues

Able Ammo's stock and shipping is such that many customers' orders either get ordered or canceled. A customer orders a product expecting to get that product at the price they purchased it at. But because Able Ammo does not keep their products well stocked, that shipment to the customer gets canceled. When the customer tries to rectify the problem, more often than not they end up paying more than they expected.

Customer Issues

With the above-mentioned issues with advertising and sales, Able Ammo has not solved the problem. It is not in the company's interest to leave complaints unsolved or solutions unreported. Because Able Ammo does not resolve their issues and their customer's issues, they fail to keep up with their competitors in this regard.

The Bottom Line

Able Ammo has a great variety of products which includes firearms and plenty of other accessories that customers would want for shooting and hunting. They provide helpful links and information for the customers and decent pricing as well. The fact that they also provide premium shotguns is a huge plus. However, their customer service is less than stellar. They didn't have a huge amount of complaints listed, but the type of complaints that were listed were pretty negative. A company that fails to keep their word on pricing is not going to do well in keeping customers satisfied.

Even though there are serious drawbacks to purchasing from Able Ammo concerning customer service, the majority of customers will walk away satisfied with their products and service. The variety of firearms and accessories provided by Able Ammo almost makes up for the drawbacks of their flaws in advertising and sales.

View Best Guns and Ammo Stores

2.7

Myke Sheets Castle Rock, CO

These guys are honest and professional as it gets. I placed an order with another company, Carolina Munitions, 2 weeks ago for a case of 28 gauge shotshells they "said" they had in stock. That was a lie. They charged my card, sent me a confirmation of the order and that was it. I wrote a week later about when it was or would shipped, NO response. Wrote again 2 days later, same result. Called the # on their website, no ring, just an answer that the voicemail wasn't setup as yet. Bank credited back the charge but what a bunch of losers!!!!! Checked Abels, called them to verify if in stock or not (they said they had plenty). Placed order on 7/16/21 and the case of shells arrived without a scratch 2 days later!!!! Fantastic difference. So I just ordered a 2nd case of shells as a thank you. Honest, professional, fast, good packaging, fair price for the product and shipping.

Norman Hamlin San Diego, CA

I have been searching for months for some premium high high power rifle ammo. It was shown on their website as being available. I ordered it in the evening and to my amazement it shipped the next day. I remained skeptical until I actually picked it up today. I live in CA so it had to ship to an FFL. their website offered a list of FFL’s that included my preferred dealer.

Eric Eller Charlotte, NC

Even with the shortage of ammo, I found them on the internet. Placed my order and had it in 3 days. First time buyer and will continue, should they have what I need. Thanks Able for the service.

Alex Fischer Columbus, IN

I ordered two hundred 9mm rounds. They were shipped to me in less than a week. Price was a little higher than normal, but with the scarcity of ammo I felt it was fairly priced.

Nikki Magnusson Cerritos, CA

So I read the crummy reviews..but they seemed petty..checked all prices online for bulk 9mm..Able had the second best ammo price by 2 cents..but they had free shipping..so they were the best deal by 25 bucks or so..anyways I took a chance..they shipped my ammo..1k brick of 9mm..faster than any other company so far..and believe me..ive ordered from dozens of the big companies. .Able Ammo gets my highest recommendation. .5 Stars..side note..couldnt check my order status online..but since I ordered as a guest and didnt create an account..it was expected..next thing I know my box arrived..

Ken Hokah, MN

Twice I have tried to order from this company. Both times I got the not in stock email from them after I paid. The difference this time was I asked before I purchased and was told it was in stock and ready to ship. Took almost a week last time to get money back, wonder how long it will take this time. Avoid at all costs, you won’t get what your looking for anyway.

Erica Mckinney Nashville, TN

I was a little nervous after reading the bad reviews, but they were one of the only sites that had what I needed so I gave it a shot. My order Arrived in 3 or 4 days, so don’t be afraid of AbleAmmo. They did me well.

Mark Stewart Maumelle, AR

Have dealt with them on several occasions and always have had great results, good people to deal with!

Evan Oneal Athens, TN

I ordered product on Monday night and it was at my door Friday evening .Product was correct I will order from them again.The only thing was the shipping charges were high

Lane Pinion Red Level, AL

I ordered laser/tac light, around $75.00, nothing major. Ordered it Friday, called and CONFIRMED order was in. Man confirmed it, told me it was being shipped RIGHT THEN and should have it around Wednesday. Fine. Called Wednesday morning because they never sent me a tracking number, talked to Patty who told me they were out of stock, didn't think they would get anymore. When I asked why no one even let me know was told "Well, we usually do let people know, I'm not sure what happened. " I think if you need to order something, I would reccomend you use a professional company, this one is not. Worst customer service I have ever seen.

Mark Girmscheid Oak Creek, WI

I have ordered ammo from able several times. delivery is super fast, usually 3 days. my orders are always correct and good quality. prices can"t be beat. not even walmart. great job able.

Tom Rollins ,

I ordered an in stock item from Able Ammo at a time of high demand for rifles. My order was confirmed by them. Inventories from dealers throughout the country were subsequently being depleted as I patiently waited for my rifle to be shipped. Then 5 days later they called to tell me they sold my rifle to someone else and no more were in stock. Trusting Able Ammo put me in an indefensible position in rapidly deteriorating circumstances throughout my region. Don't make the mistake of trusting Able Ammo!!

Chris Benkendorf Belleville, IL

Ordered ammo on 9-22-19, didn't hear anything from the company. Called a week later I was told it was being shipped. Didn't arrive until 10-9-19 and the ammo received wasn't what I ordered. Leaving on a hunt in 2 days with wrong ammo. Won't order again. Contacted customer service and the manager is "in a meeting". Supposed to call me back......

Ronnie Reese Phoenixville, PA

They are a RIP OFF. They cancel your order. These folks need to be out of business. They are a VERY BAD EXAMPLE for TEXAS.

Glen Moss Brookfield, CT

Able ammo is very dishonest. They shorted my wife 200 dollars of ammo and they made up multiple stories to the credit card company. Patti is very dishonest she told story after story. I finally gave up as my wife passed away and they beat her out of 200 dollars. May she rest in peace and able ammo pay for their sins!!!

Pablo Lockhart, TX

I ordered ammo. Was impressed that it shipped the next day. What I received was a box of hand sanitizer. Customer service acted like it happens all the time. I got no apology or offer of a discount on my next order, just a yawn and a return shipping label that I was expected to bring to the post office. Still haven’t received my ammo.

MARC ZANDELL Littleton, CO

I do not recommend this company at all. Orders incomplete and they tried to stuff a different brand of shells in the boxes of 16 gauge shells i ordered. Contacted Able Ammo and was told they would find out what is going on. Have not heard a thing back from them.BE CAREFUL!

Johnny B Annapolis, MD

Disaster. Ordered online and got a confirmation email. Waited for email to say they shipped........ten days later still nothing. Called them and they said they would send my order out immediately. Called 5 days later to find out they cancelled my order but they were in stock. No explanation. Stay away! I will stick with MidWay USA.

sokol pat Groveton, TX

Bought 2 guns online and had it ship to the store. Found out that they charge $50 a piece just to handle gun transfer paperwork. They got me by surprise. Majority of shop charge a around $15-25 for fee. This is the last time shop in that store.

Tom c Ingram, TX

Everything I order I get it fast, and they have the best service. Questions I call and they get right on it. Tom C

Online Only Memphis, TN

Placed an order with them and it took them 10 days to decide to cancel it.This was after calling in and confirming the order was available. I would never attempt to order from this company.

Hunter Lemperle Lexington, KY

Don't waste your time or money with Able. They can't keep accurate inventory, and will just cancel your order. Crap company with crap customer service. Go else where.

Ethab. Kellner Minneapolis, MN

Able ammo does not honor sale price even after purchase has been made and money has been taken. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere for any ammo needs.