1. Wine Country Gift Baskets

Wine Country Gift Baskets was incorporated in California in 1989. Since that time, they have grown to provide specialized gifts fitting any recipient or theme and operate with a philosophy putting the customer first in service and by providing top-notch products for personal gift giving as well as offering products to corporate customers.

WineCountryGiftBaskets.com offers gifts of all types and while they sell wine (deliverable to 44 states), they have a full offering of products available from a get well basket with games and other diversions to gourmet organic food baskets to satisfy the palate.

#1 GiftTree chevron_right
#2 Olive & Cocoa chevron_right
#3 Costco Gift Baskets & Towers chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Exclusive discounts
  • Innovative app
  • Social media presence
  • Wide variety of items and themes available to choose from with a gift basket available for everyone
  • Exclusive online discounts
  • Ability to add a greeting card to any order for $3.95 for a personalized touch
  • Corporate gifts can be personalized with company logo, etc.
  • Electronic order form
  • Full catalog available online
  • Innovative app to shop WineCountryGiftBaskets.com on the go
  • Extended hours to talk to customer service: Sunday 6am-3:30pm, Monday - Friday 5am-7pm, Saturday 6am-5pm. All times Pacific.
  • Customer service is available via online chat during times above
  • Corporate accounts available
  • Social Media presence

The Bad

• No personalization on baskets
  • No listed Kosher gift basket items
  • Limited gluten free baskets

WineCountryGiftBaskets.com has a very large inventory, but there are a few gaps or areas which are listed as categories that are a bit deceiving. These are the "State" and "City" baskets. Besides differing text on the pages (a few sentences about the state or city), the results for each one is the same. If someone is looking for a way to personalize a basket for a state or city - this is not it. This give the offerings a more inflated appearance.

There is a separate page available for Kosher gift baskets, but when clicking through, there are no products listed on the page. Additionally, only three baskets are tagged as being "gluten free."

The Bottom Line

After reviewing the criteria and interacting with customer service representatives, our review team can confidently recommend WineCountryGiftBaskets.com. This company has a comprehensive product line, many online specials and professional customer service. We were impressed with the quality and quantity of the gifts available and the interactions which we had personally and the reports which we found online about WineCountryGiftBaskets.com.

2.0

Diane

April 16th, 2020 Lee's Summit, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I received a 49.00 lavender basket with lotion and body cream, that was rancid, other items that were not good. I emailed the company twice about the problem, NOT even a reply so much for their 100% guaranty. Stay away from this company terrible products and no guaranty.

SR

December 26th, 2019 Briarcliff Manor, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a terrible experience with Wine Country Gift Baskets. I ordered a substantial holiday gift basket for a client, which was never received by the client. UPS claimed to have delivered the package at 7:44 PM, when my client’s office was closed. Wine Country Gift Baskets offered zero assistance in determining what transpired, alleging that it was not their problem, as they considered the package delivered by UPS, even though it was bizarrely signed, “office” on the UPS receipt. No company or individual name was stated. Not only would Wine Country Gift Baskets not offer a discounted replacement or a credit, they would not even assist me with my efforts to investigate and make a claim with UPS, notwithstanding that the claim forms are supposed to be completed by the shipper. Customer service was worthless. They simply didn’t care. This was my first time using this company, and I will certainly not use them again. I ordered a new gift basket from a competitor which was far superior in quality, service, and shipping speed. Lesson learned.

Cindy

December 21st, 2019 Commerce, MI

We received a beautiful basket containing 5 bottles of wine amongst other delicious food items and notions. One of the bottles arrived broken. When I contacted the company the customer service representative was wonderful. She said the company would send a replacement basket. I told her that was not necessary as only one bottle was broken. Today we received an entire new basket which included 5 bottles of wine and all of the other items. Their service and care about their customer is well above expectations.

Fiona

December 15th, 2019 Durham, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a christmas wreath and the day it was supposed to be delivered, I called and was told it would be there the next day. When it had not arrived by 6pm the next day I called again and they told me it was showing that it was 'out for delivery' and I would receive it by 8pm. I didn't receive it then so called the next day and was told there was a 'glitch' and it hadn't even been processed. Instead they would have to reorder it and I wouldn't get it for another 4 days. When I pressed them on this and asked how could the last customer service person tell me it was 'out for delivery' when it hadn't even been processed. They then changed their tune completely and said actually ' it was now out of stock and there would be no delivery after all'. Wasted time, worst customer service I have ever experienced. Curious how they can ever stand behind the claim "customer satisfaction guaranteed". Order at your own peril.

Richard Bronson

December 14th, 2019 Boulder, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid for express shipping and ordered well in advance, basket came two days late. They told me they would refund me for the trouble; as them to email me a confirmation of the refund and they never did no matter how many times I asked them. Once the product came they said now that I have it they will not refund me. Unethical and disgusting business.

N Gorman

December 13th, 2019 Myrtle Beach, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I spent 113.00 on the basket called Girls night out for my future daughter in laws Birthday today ( 12/13/19. Needless to say even after paying an extra $25.00 to make sure it was delivered on time it was not and will not be delivered. I checked the package tracker this morning only to find out the delivery would not be there until Sat 14th. Now , had I ordered the "Day after basket " with aspirin , bath salts and assorted hang over cures then the day after her Birthday would have been appropriate. They left for the weekend and won't be back until Monday so No Sat delivery will not make this better in any way. This Company has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on its website which isn't worth spit. Call Harry & David , I usually use them but saw this one and thought it was cute. Should have stuck with what I knew. Harry & David are 100 better than Wine Country. Spare yourself the Aggravation I endured today. And their customer service is a JOKE. Supervisor declined to get on phone with me. ( smart person 😈)

alexism

December 9th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No notifications of issues, replacements, order status, refund status - no communication at all. Wasted lots of my time over the span of TWO months trying to find out where my gift basket vanished to as my friend never received it and I was never notified of anything. Stay away!

Peter

December 8th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Most products do not qualify for free shipping. Today I purchased 5 baskets, with all of them shipped to the same address and I was charge the shipping on each of the. Really?

Kathleen Diane Lynch

December 3rd, 2019 Brentwood, CA

I received the basket. However, there was no message concerning who it was from. Very poor.

William Barker

February 4th, 2019 Grass Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I recently traveled and stayed with friends in Florida and wanted to send a thank you gift for their hospitality. We ordered a gift basket that had a better than normal wine brand and selected a wine that our friends enjoy. The basket was delivered on time as they had indicated, although we had to check on line that it was delivered. We waited about two days before texting to inquire that they had gotten it because we know these people well and they would have called or texted a thank you. Well, they were out of town and one of their adult children signed for the basket... upon our friends getting home they were surprised to see the gift basket and took a picture of it and sent it with a thank you. Well, the problem is that the gift basket they sent to our friends was a cheaper gift basket (Checked it out at their web site). Our issue was that we wanted a specific wine that they were offering because this is what our friends like and they sent a much cheaper wine and totally different basket... We called customer service and they indicated that they had sent the right information about the basket to the distributor but that the distributor must have gotten and sent the wrong basket. The person on the phone indicated that this is a very rare event and offered to send another basket, the right basket for free. We declined and simply asked for a refund of our money. They agreed. I will probably still us WCGB in the future, but will follow up with friends and family and ask for a picture to make sure they sent the right one. Our thoughts are however: We have been using WCGB for several years.... have they been sending the correct basket we have ordered? Or a lesser priced/valued basket?

Disappointed recipients

January 2nd, 2019 Portland, OR

Received Bon Apetit basket for Christmas gift and extremely disappointed, what a waste of money. I regret my brother and his wife used their hard earned money to purchase. Can only hope they got a bottom basement clearance price. Portions ridiculous, deceptively over packaged, we couldn't stop laughing at the pathetic offerings, and flimsy cheap basket. I would not recommend. What a rip off.

Elisa

December 24th, 2018 Naples, FL

Fast and efficient company. Will order again. Thanks Lisa

paul delucia

December 18th, 2018 Baldwinsville, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No matter what you order, you're sure to receive lots of SPAM I've never experienced so much SPAM from any company - even the scammers than from Wine Country SPAM basket. Tried to unsubscribe on line - didn't work. Called in person - didn't work. Thank God for SPAM filters. Absolutely no respect for the customers. So if you order from this company, expect to receive SPAM multiple times a day - forever.

Laura Chiarello

October 27th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I received an anniversary gift from my sister in law - When my sister in law ordered the basket it showed a picture of two wine glasses that was one of the reasons why she picked that particular basket however The basket I received did not have any wine glasses. My sister-in-law contacted the company and was told that the wine glasses were just in the picture but nott included in the basket. They did not offer to send the wine glasses They offered 10% on and it future basket. This is false advertising a if you were going to show pictures of a basket then it should be included . I will never use a company that misleads ne

Frank Russo

July 21st, 2018 Reading, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nothing but great experiences. Seems everyone wants gifts delivered on 24 dec or 14 feb. everyone, with more and more online shopping how in earth can anyone expect FedEx or Ups to keep up. Time to reset expectations. Great value for money and I never had a problem

Debi Dombrowski

March 10th, 2018 Manville, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My card was authorized when order placed and then again when it shipped. The initial charge was 205.00 then another pending showed up for 205.00. I have shopped on line for almost everything and no one has ever done this. It is wrong. Now I have to wait 3-5 business days for my credit to be released.

Angie

February 15th, 2018 Carol Stream, IL

If I could give 0 I would. I place an order on 2/1 for 2/14 delivery plenty of time. Something told me call so did 2/14 to find our my item was out of stock and nothing will be delivered. WHAT? there reply oops we forgot to call to tell you. nothing we can do today.. how abt tomorrow.. NO TODAY. Not an options.. although they sent something next day. Still the principal! I would have ordered elsewhere had i know.. And they didn't seem to care one it they dropped the ball. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN.. BEWARE! Dont let their cheap prices fool you.. you get what you pay for i guess! Go to ask where i can leave review they say here is our email.. WOW! so stay far away!

Kris

January 8th, 2018 Aurora, IL

Ordered for a birthday delivery just after Christmas. Although I had to email them to get tracking info, the site and reaching customer service was easy. UPS damaged my original gift but I was able to reach Wine Country and they sent out a replacement immediately. The package was not delivered on-time for the birthday but it was not WC's fault. They were able to send out replacement within 48 hours and it was received and well packaged. I was very satisfied with response time from my email inquiries. Would use them again.

T purcell

December 26th, 2017 Parker, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you wish your item to be received on time use another co. they have on more than one occasion failed to deliver at Christmas. They did refund but that is not acceptable for family & children.Will never use again!!!!!

Doris Holberg

September 3rd, 2017 Amarillo, TX

Big showy boxes, tiny portions. The shipping container was fifty percent shredded packing paper. Walnut cookies say "walnut artificial flavoring ", not a single nut in any cookie. Received as gift, sorry my friend wasted the money.

Nancy

August 9th, 2017 The Bronx, NY

I placed an order online on Sunday, 8/6 for a cookie basket to be delivered to a friend's family for a sympathy gift, I ordered it to be delivered on Mon. 8/7, and no where on the website or order did it say it would not be delivered Monday. I had to pay $20 shipping for this delivery of a $49 basket! On Monday, I had heard nothing about the delivery being made, so I called the 800 number. The representative told me if I had placed the order on Sunday, there was not way it would be delivered on Monday, I asked why the order form let me pick a date for delivery if it was not a possibility. She had no definitive answer, but assured me it would be delivered on Tuesday, 8/8. She said since I had ordered online, they would not send a confirmation for delivery, because they would not have my email address, which I told her was part of the order form online! She took the email address again and said I would be sent an email when the package was delivered, I never received one on Tuesday. Today, Wednesday, I called again in the morning and the representative told me the package was being delivered today and that they had no responsibility for UPS not making the delivery on time, they could not help if there were unforeseen factors such as a tornado, hurricane or some other unforeseen problem preventing UPS from delivering. I told him as far as I knew, there had not been any weather problems that should have prevented the package from being delivered on the East Coast! He assured me the package was being delivered today, that I would receive a conformation email as soon as it was, and that he would give me a full refund to compensate for the lack or prompt delivery and disappointment. I still have received no emails about delivery, so I called again. this representative assured me the package was delivered and that two emails have been sent to me. I told her I have received nothing and have not seen a refund yet either. She assumed me I will get the refund and the package was delivered. Short of calling me friend to see if it was delivered, which makes me look foolish, I have no way of knowing if it was delivered or not. This was my first, and absolutely, MY LAST time ordering from Wine Country Baskets!!! This is an absurd situation, I am terribly embarrassed and very disgusted!DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Chantal Bell

December 23rd, 2016 Washington, DC

Ordered a gift a week before Christmas. THEY NEVER SENT IT. They refused to overnight another. I could choose between a refund or an upgrade. I SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED BOTH SINCE YOU SCREWED UP!!

Gloria Corell

March 11th, 2016 Elbow Lake, MN

We have sent and received several gift baskets and each one was beautifully packaged and contained what was advertised: high quality products! Thank you for on time deliveries and for making me look like a big shot to family members!!!

Mary Roxio

December 16th, 2015 Verona, WI

Unethical business practices. They continuously send unsolicited ads via email. Sending to a spam trap email which there is no way they could have obtained unless harvesting email off the internet. Absolute joke of a business. Stay far away!

Jeannie m koch

December 15th, 2015 Cherokee, NC

Recently I had the opportunity of placing my first order with one of your representatives, Ina S. If the service I received over the phone is anything close to the quality of your products, I need look no further for future orders than with Wine Country Gift Baskets.