From small beginnings The Fruit Company has grown to be a service that has earned various awards and lots of recognition. The company traces their roots back to Roy and Olive Webster who began growing fruit in 1942. Since then they have been featured in O Magazine, were named one of the top 15 companies in Oregon, and were listed in Internet Retailer’s top 50 internet businesses.

#1 GiftTree chevron_right
3.9
#2 Olive & Cocoa chevron_right
#3 Costco Gift Baskets & Towers chevron_right

The Good

We were very impressed with the layout of The Fruit Company website. Information is easy to find and all their products look amazing. One aspect in particular that stood out was their Monthly Fruits Clubs. If a company can provide a quality service once a month we know that they can provide an excellent fruit basket when needed.

Contact information is prominently displayed on the website and links to social media are also provided.

The Bad

Not being able to ship internationally is one of the main drawbacks of The Fruit Company. Also, due to the nature of their business there are some items that they cannot provide during certain seasons but they make ever effort possible to provide their customers with products of equal or greater value.

The Bottom Line

Fruit is an excellent gift. Some of the baskets that The Fruit Company makes even include wine or chocolate. Their long history indicates that they are committed to providing excellent customer service and we would recommend them to anyone who would like to send someone a fruit basket.

1.0

Kali Tripodis

April 9th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Initially, I had a great experience with this website. Then, a couple weeks later, I was victim to an imposter scam of someone impersonating a Chase Bank employee, asking for my PIN, etc. I asked what address of mine they had on file, and it was the friend I ordered the fruit basket for, so I know they stole it from this website. I am infuriated and embarrassed. I will never order from here again.

Joe Santoro

January 2nd, 2019 Kintnersville, PA

So, once I realized this company couldn't fulfill a simple order online I should have known it would be a challenging experience. Nevertheless, I persevered and placed a holiday gift order on the phone. The customer service person droned on and on about their great service and the order would be delivered 4 days before Xmas. Didn't happen and called to apologize the day AFTER the holiday. Would never order from them again.

MDH

November 30th, 2018 Pittsburg, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

UPDATE: 11/28/2018 After leaving a review on The Fruit Company's web-site, the customer service manager reached out to me. She apologized that my first experience with their company was not up to my standard or theirs. She has agreed to refund the amount of my basket, minus the shipping costs. I indicated to her that I felt those were ours to eat due to the occurrence. I am patiently waiting our credit. I will place another update to confirm it has been received. I was informed it will take approximately 7 to 10 business days. ******************************************************************************************** ORIGINAL REVIEW - 11/27/2018: I purchased a gift basket with the company credit card for a very ill employee. I addressed the order to be sent to the employee's name, hospital name, room number and hospital address. A couple hours after I placed the order the employee called and indicated they were finally being sent home. I called The Fruit Company to see if we could still have it delivered to the hospital and could retrieve our gift basket there. The person I spoke to in customer service said that would be fine. However, the gift basket did NOT get left at the hospital and was sent back to The Fruit Company. The Fruit Company REFUSED to send the gift basket I purchased anywhere else even if I paid the additional shipping costs. They also REFUSED to refund the amount of the gift basket or to apply a credit to my account for future use. That was even determined after speaking to a supervisor. I can completely understand that they would not refund the cost of shipping. However, they kept my gift basket which cost over $50.00 (not including shipping). We are a multi-location corporation and will never do business with The Fruit Company again.

Jennifer Hayakawa

May 13th, 2016 Orange, CA

I purchased a 6 month fruit club for my husband and was beyond disappointed with the product and the value. I was scheduled to receive the first product-blood oranges by 1/15. We did not receive them timely. I reached out to customer service via email and was sent replacement mangos. I later received the oranges. Neither were very good quality. In February we received the star fruit but again, the quality is comparable to what we have found for much cheaper in the grocery store. In March we were expecting to receive Ugli fruit but it never arrived. Instead, we got a box of papayas but there was no communication to us regarding a replacement. the papayas were pretty good. On April 4th we received an email apologizing stating the issues were "due to restrictions on sending citrus to California, which we are working on getting resolved. We completely understand your frustration and would like to add two months on to the club. There are not any more citrus fruits going out this year, so there should not be any further issues with late or replacement shipments". Then i received a phone call on 4/26 stating that the April fruit would not be coming and they'd like to extend my membership another month to compensate. In May I received a box of 5 mangos which were rotten the very next day when we cut into them. Literally black inside. I emailed customer service that day (May 8th) requesting a refund. It is now May 13th and I have received no reply. I was hoping that the fruit club would offer high quality fruit but I'm sad to say I can find better quality and more exotic variety at the local grocery store.