Mrs. Fields Logo

5.1

LAST UPDATED: February 20th, 2021
Mrs. Fields Cookies are instantly recognizable by sight, taste and scent. Most people know that Debbi Fields began humbly by opening a small cookie shop in California. From these small roots, a mammoth enterprise began. Mrs. Fields Cookies products can be found in their franchise stores, in retail outlets and online. With many offerings, these gift baskets are ranked by our team as being some of the highest quality for appearance, selection, the ease of ordering and taste.

The Good

• Vast inventory
  • Exclusive discounts
  • 100 percent satisfaction guaranteed
  • Vast inventory or gift baskets available for personal and corporate uses (cookies, cookie cakes, brownies, candies, nuts and mini muffins)
  • Special offers or discount codes posted on the website front page
  • Exclusive discounts given when requesting a catalog online
  • Optional upgrades for your gift baskets "A Little Something Extra"
  • Nutritional information is listed for all items to help when shopping for those with food sensitivities or allergies
  • Clear shipping costs and timeframes for delivery are posted online
  • Customers can expect the same quality of items from any of the Mrs. Fields retail stores in their gift baskets - no surprises on taste or quality
  • Customer service representatives are friendly and professional
  • Exceptional site map
  • Convenient online order tracking
  • 100% satisfaction guarantee: "It's simple. We guarantee the quality, freshness, and presentation of our gifts. If you or your recipients aren't 100% satisfied, we'll do whatever it takes to make it right. Because at Mrs. Fields® , good enough never is.®"
  • Complimentary gift note can be sent to gift recipients
  • Delivery can be scheduled for a future date or morning delivery (additional $8.95)
  • Social Media

The Bad

• No site map
  • No gluten free items
  • No certified Kosher gifts
The basic design is solid and loads well, but there is not a site map to make the site very easy to navigate. For those with gluten sensitivities or Celiac - you are out of luck. Gluten entering any item would be highly likely if Mrs. Fields did set up a gluten free operation, so an entirely new facility would be needed. Representatives with the company stated that this was not even on the drawing board but that they would pass along the request. Certified Kosher gifts are not available for purchase. As with gluten free gifts, some may be Kosher, but the lack of a label to signify means a lot of research will be needed in gift selection.

The Bottom Line

Mrs. Fields Cookies are an easily recognizable brand and as such are expected to have a certain experience in ordering, sending and receiving these gifts. Mrsfields.com easily fits the bill and offers users a delightful experience in selecting and sending gifts. Our review team was impressed with the ease of navigating the vast site, the zoom features on photos and the high quality customer service which is offered through this site. Having optional add-ons to make your gift more special is a nice option. As such, we can recommend Mrs. Fields Cookies as a company which brings value and quality to their customers when ordering gift items.

1.8

Elizabeth G Deluca Ridgewood, NJ

If I could give Mrs. Field's a negative 20 for poor customer service I would. There is no customer service available. Maybe someone bought the company and are trying to run it into the ground. I have been ordering from Mrs Field's for 26 years for my kids. This past Valentine's day , I order 3 orders for my three kids One order was delivered early on Friday, my other 2 orders due on Saturday that I ordered on the Monday before finally arrived on Monday. Called the 800 number Basically told you they were closed for the weekend and hung up on you. Order from Olive and Cocoa instead!

Sarah West San Diego, CA

Wow, NEVER using Mrs.Fields again. Had a cake delivered to my friend for her birthday, cake was left outside apartment building. I figured when you place the individual's phone number into the order (as Mrs.Fields requests), they would call, never called, so my friend never received. I called to tell someone at Mrs.Fields, the woman rep told me it's not their responsibility to call (why would this be different from sending flowers). Then told me she was doing me a courtesy sending out a new cake. Then I told her this was ridiculous to not call, because how is my friend going to know it is outside their apartment building.. Then the rep hung up on me. HORRIBLE customer service, and overpriced. Surprised ruined for my friend and I will be placing this helpful info for people to know going forward about using Mrs.Fields for their future orders. Do not use Mrs.Fields if you are sending a surprise cake for someone!

Laura Sokolik Fort Lauderdale, FL

Very disappointed with our order this year. We ordered 20 gifts from Mrs. Fields and when I saw the shipping list it showed a different Item than what we ordered. I reached out twice by phone and was assured that we would receive what we ordered and was told that they would credit our account if we did not receive the correct item. I was given an email address to contact them when the orders were received. Once I verified that we did not receive what we ordered I emailed them twice and have yet to hear back or receive a credit. Terrible customer service. Will not be ordering anymore from Mrs. Fields and what we did receive and what was sent to our recipient's was embarrassing . The cookies were not good - they were hard and the brownies fell apart in crumbles. Don't order from Mrs. Fields.

Beth Tatum San José, SJ

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in customer service. I normally do not write reviews and I often purchase cookie cakes and cakes on line. I have never had an issue- however, this time, I have two major issues. Background- I bought three cookie cakes on-line, at the same time, being delivered to different locations. They offered certain dates for delivery. I choose the one that was one day before the birthday. Ordered on the 28th and realized I made a mistake on the names. Contacted them on the 30th and they said they couldn't help me because they had already shipped the cakes. (I don't have an issue with that). Out of 3 cookies, only 1 arrived on the date, one three days later and the last one should arrive tomorrow (4 days late)- which means the cookie is already 8 days old before it is received. I contacted the company and was told it was my fault for not paying extra money for shipping- in other words, the customer is wrong to assume that the date they listed as a delivery date is correct. They do not answer the phone after 5pm or on Sat or Sun. If a company is satisfied with selling a product at $45 + $11 shipping and blames the customer- then I am done buying from them. There are other companies that want their product to be Prime and want the business. My second issue with customer service is that when three cakes are ordered at the same time with three different names and shipped to those three named persons, but the shipping name doesn't match the name on the cake, maybe you would stop to think that there was a mistake and contact the customer. Especially if you had two days to write the name after the order. I acknowledge that was my goof, Just saying- customer service goes a long way.

Kristi Cannon Cornelius, NC

I ordered cookie/brownie gift basket for delivery on 12/23/20. It was not delivered until 12/29/20. How disappointing and what a terrible customer experience to have an order of baked goods for Christmas holiday delivered 6 days late. When I called 12/23 to check on delivery I was not given a straight answer about why it took so long. I will NOT order from Mrs. Fields again.

Bettina Getz River Forest, IL

Two weeks before, I ordered a cookie cake to be delivered on Christmas Eve. The delivery was 4 days late, stale and the person to whom the cookie was sent thought that we had forgotten him on Christmas. Customer service was horrible. After two back-and-forths, they begrudgingly said they might refund the shipping fee. Incensed, I told them to forget it. I will never deal with this company ever again.

Heather Colter Moscow, TN

I'm so angry. I sent Mrs. Field's cookies to a school. I chose the 17th for delivery. UPS sent tracking for Monday the 21st by 9 p.m. The school closes on the 18 until January 4.😡 I called UPS and got the run around only to be told that Mrs. Field's would have to update the shipping. I called Mrs. Field's and waited 30 minutes on hold only to be told there was nothing they would do and I would not receive a refund.

Stephanie N San Marcos, CA

Is anyone from corporate reading these reviews??? I have been a long time customer of Mrs. Fields. My college aged kid loves their cookies. I have shipped many a holiday assortment to her. Never again. The first sniff of incompetence came when I ordered a Valentine's assortment for her, which arrived in a Christmas tin. Really? Are we really that stupid back in the warehouse? Customer service did refund me part of the price of the order after that snafu. I went to their website today to order my kid's annual bday cookie cake. There was a site wide promo code for 20% off. It didn't work on the cookie cake I'd selected, and it was clearly an issue on their end. I called Customer Service. The young girl I dealt with should not be in Customer Service. Dull voice, clearly not too bright, etc. After 20 minutes, a combo of me talking to her, and waiting on hold while she chased her supervisor around in the parking lot on his break (I'm not making this up, she told me this), she determined that yes, indeed, the problem was on their end. But wait! It gets better! She said the guy in charge of their website who could fix the problem was not in today, and no one knew where he was or when he'd be back. Her solution was for me to place the order, and that they would refund the the difference for the promo code. Um, no thanks. I took my business elsewhere, and will continue to do so.

Betty Plano, TX

If I could give less than a 1 rating I would. Please, Please Please do not order from this company online. Their customer service stinks. If you order something and need to change or cancel the order - you're OUT of LUCK. I unfortunately placed an order on a Sunday -- then I tried to change / cancel my order within minutes of placing it, since they could not deliver to the destination by the time I had selected. I needed it there by Wed (12/19) instead they want to deliver it on Mon (12/24) - guess what no one will be there on Christmas eve. I wanted to deliver cookies to my daughter's high school as Christmas Treat. So I immediately tried to call -- they're not open on Sat,Sun - even though the website says they are. Tried to cancel via website - website didn't allow it. So I immediately sent an email and then had to wait til the next day. I then waited over 2 hrs to talk to someone. The customer service agent insisted on saying the same thing over and over - even the supervisor thought that saying the same thing over and over would change the outcome of the issue. They will NOT help you. Their claim - 'It's perishable goods, the order is already created, it's already being shipped'. So they're going to ship cookies to high school at which there will be NO ONE there to receive the cookies and still expect me to pay for them. JUST DON'T DO IT -- it's not worth it.

Colleen Chicago, IL

I placed an order for 2 items, totaling about $100.00 and clicked on a shipping date, with a charge of $19.99. That amount stayed on my order until the very end, when it changed to $32.99. I would not have picked that date if I knew the shipping charge was going to be that high. I then called the company and heard an automated system say that there were 3 calls ahead of me and a wait time of 140 minutes. As I sat on hold for several minutes, the wait time continuously increased, getting up to 143 minutes. I thought how futile that was, hung up, and sent an email. I received a response that stated the review page had the amount changed and they would not refund the difference. I immediately asked her to cancel the order and she waited an hour before getting back to me to tell me the order was shipped already and she was unable to cancel it. I will never buy anything from Mrs. Fields again. And I would like to give it 0 stars.

Mary hohman Fredericksburg, VA

I will never order from mrs. fields again. I ordered a week prior to my grandsons birthday who was away at college, since I wanted for him to have something since he couldn’t be home for his birthday. I paid extra shipping rates to have it delivered on the exact date and at no time did the website advise me that it couldn’t be delivered on that date. When it wasn’t delivered on his birthday, I traced the delivery which advised that it wouldn’t be delivered until after his birthday. Had I known that I would have never placed the order since the purpose was for him to have something on his birthday. When I called customer service they offered no explanation and offered to only refund the extra shipping cost. Very disappointed and will never order from them again.

MSL Pomona, CA

We placed an order for my 90 yr old mother in law with confirmed delivery for December 23rd. She is unable to leave her living facility, so was excited to have this delivery to share with those visiting over Christmas. When I checked the Fedex tracking, it stated delivery would be on 12/27 AFTER Christmas and AFTER all her guests had gone. As with the customer below, this was not a shipping issue with FedEx.This was also a delay in processing the order! When I contacted customer service and explained the situation, they said the only thing they could do was refund my shipping charges. WTH??? They have local stores and could have easily procured and locally sent my order or SOMETHING! ANYTHING! But they said they don't do that. Funny, they sent me an advertisement email that they could still get gifts out overnight tonight! Customers beware! No one has reached out to try and rectify this situation. #Mrsfields #Customerservicefail #comsumerbeware

Amanda Moore ,

Do not order from this company. I placed two orders. One didn't show up on time. And they told me they couldn't refund my money they have 3 business days after to get it to me. I told them they website say pick a date, the person I was sending it to doesn't work on Friday's nor the weekend. Don't waste your time. Very Pissed

LYNN Bridgewater, NJ

ordered on dec. 4 to be delivered on dec 18 - never arrived & supervisor told me i should have paid more for expedited shipping! Finally offered a refund of shipping charges after insinuating i was cheap- if cookies & brownies ever arrive, the squirrels will love the feast, since the recipient will be on a 2 week vacation. What's even more amazing is, their website is advertising $10.00 2 day "GUARANTEED" delivery today! This company is a joke & their representatives are rude & condescending.

Eileen Troutdale, OR

I wish I would have read the reviews first. Package not delivered, no response from cust service. If you need a gift delivered on time or delivered at all I don't recommend using Mrs. Fields. You may as well throw your money in the trash

S. Chandler San Diego, CA

Not delivered on the date as promised which ruined the entire purpose of this surprise birthday gift. Disappointed to have paid $46.00 for a customized birthday cookie that is now sitting out somewhere stale because the recipient was only going to be home on the delivery date. Epic fail. With so many other options DO NOT USE MRS. FIELDS

Kelly S Sun Prairie, WI

Horrible! I spent the 20$ extra dollars to make sure it was sent on Valentine’s Day at my husbands work and it said on the delivery it was going to be until last minute they changed it and said it would be late. Not happy with this at all.

Mitchell New York, NY

I placed the order well in advance for Valentines day. the item was shipped on Valentines instead and the purchase was a complete fail. On top of that, the customer service failed to reimburse me And couldn’t compensate for their error with any additional service. Never order from them!

rschreckhise

I ordered a birthday cookie cake, and followed the online instructions for getting the cookie cake by a specific date. Product arrived late, customer service was unable to provide an explanation (it wasn't weather), and unwilling to make the situation better (Serve the customer = customer service).

Deborah Rancho Cucamonga, CA

They have horrible customer service and no apology for late delivery and blamed on the shipping company. So much for getting it there for a small birthday gift on the person’s actual birthday.

Erin Tampa, FL

We used to send Mrs. Fields items to our Clients as thank you gifts. Up until the last gift went out. Our Client reached out to let us know there were not any cookies or brownies within tin.

Eve Fernandina Beach, FL

When the birthday cookie cake arrived, it was in pieces. Recipient texted, "it was the thought that counts". Immediately e-mailed Mrs. Fields with picture of cake, requesting a refund. NO REPLY!

ria ferdous

They must have changed the recipe. The cookies no longer taste good at all. They taste like the cheap cookies you get at the supermarket. Only these are more expensive.

Mary

Received gift tin of cookies filled with ants they blamed UPS no offer to fix. Will be sure to tell the national company that sent the gift to stop using.

Jack Nix Atlanta, GA

The cookie was awful, the frosting was awful and it was a day late. Next time it's worth the drive to Great American Cookie.

Debra Portland, OR

They don't back their delivery times. If you are buying a gift, forget about it showing up on time, or them making it right.