Harry & David Logo

3.3

LAST UPDATED: January 23rd, 2022
Harry and David is a company that is over one hundred years old, a family-centered business with origins in the fruit and food gifts sector. The business was founded in 1914. We found that Harry and David also produce much of the fruit that they include in their gift baskets. With over 8,000 employees, we found that Harry and David was one of the largest providers of fruit and gift baskets in the industry. In addition to its web business, there are many regional retailers that provide Harry and David products and gifts.

The Good

• Grow their fruit
  • Free shipping options
  • Great satisfaction guarantee
We liked that Harry and David grow the fruit that they include in their gift baskets. They also have a special emphasis in being a green business. Over 90 acres of their pear growing operations are Royal Riviera certified pear orchards. We also like the fact that many of their gift baskets have free shipping options. Another exciting aspect of Harry and David's product and services is their "strongest guarantee in the industry." Harry and David guarantees that gift recipients will be delighted or the appropriate refund or substitution will be made. Sometimes, weather factors may make it necessary for a substitute to be made, and Harry and David provide a fruit-growing calendar to help customers make the best gift basket selection. We also liked the fact that Harry and David was one of the companies reviewed that lets customers make payments via PayPal.

The Bad

• Not customizable
  • Wine shipments may have issues
We found that Harry and David had some great products and services, but they all include food options. There are also not a lot of options for customizing a gift for a person. Even though there are flower and bouquets available, customers cannot other gifts. Also, we found that, depending upon the region; it may be difficult to ship wine and spirits due to liquor laws.

The Bottom Line

We would recommend Harry and David for food and flower gifts. We found that their customer satisfaction was formidable and that there were a lot of options to choose from, including cakes, flowers, wreaths, and other things that are grown on Harry and David's orchards and farms. We do, however, emphasize, that the gift baskets available only include food and items grown by Harry and David.

1.9

Harold Russell Sevierville, TN

We used Harry & David for Christmas gifts last year, great customer service and baskets were great. Decided to use them again this year and what a disappointment. Very unfriendly service and the baskets were skimpy, over ripe fruit, so disappointing. Very expensive for the amount and quality.

Mam East Stroudsburg, PA

I ordered a pkg and due to a few hiccups it arrived later than expected. Harry and David went above my expectations to fix the problem. Needless to say, I recieved the replacement and was more than satisfied. Everything was fresh, packed well and delicious. I WILL. DEFINITELY ORDER AGAIN.

Lea Nelson Carmichael, CA

I love the Harry & David pears - I would give those a 4-5 star rating. But their website does not apply discounts accurately, which I find infuriating. I entered a code for the 20% discount (which I found on their website), but it wouldn't apply it without my member #. I looked up my account profile, couldn't find it there. I called customer service to get it (waited an hour to talk to someone!) then was told the member # is only on their catalog. I said, "I don't have a catalog, I got the discount code on your website. Can you look up my mbr#?" But, she could not....My husband found another discount for 25% off, which the website accepted without a mbr # but then it only applied half of it. Duplicitous advertising is NOT COOL.

David Lott Tazewell, TN

Received a gift basket from our daughter. The pears were green and inedible. The apples were mushy. The "gourmet crackers" were saltines from a restaurant supply. I wouldn't purchase anything from Harry&David unless you expect to get scammed. If there was an option for zero stars, that would be my rating.

XO XOXOXO Myrtle Beach, SC

Had a gourmet gift basket delivered after being bought by a friend. Items inside were good with the exception of the fruit, rotten fruit. Have received these overpriced things twice now. Both times the fruit was bad. They boast about the fruit like it’s special. It isn’t, just plain old fruit. Local grocery store has better. I would buy something else. Not much in the basket. If you want value don’t shop these baskets.

nancy reese Mount Laurel, NJ

Ordered a specific meat and cheese basket for a Christmas delivery. Item was available and order approved with a note about possible slower shipping times. Was then supposed to be delivered 12/27, then 12/29. On 12/29, tracking information became unavailable. I called Harry and David on 12/30, who asked if I had received an email to call them. I had not, although I received plenty of requests to buy more product from them. I was told that the item was out of stock and would be available in February. I asked why the item had been oversold and did not get any answer. I was asked if I wanted my Christmas item delivered then. No! Horrible customer service and follow through from the company.

Rebecca D

These gift baskets are over the top in quality items. Their dried fruit is amazing and everything looks just like on the website. Great for business gifts or out-of-town relatives.

J M Brooklyn, NY

I’ve used Harry Davis for many many years. But I’m done now because the quality has really slipped. This Christmas, 2021, the prices of everything were much higher than ever before. Hi purchase to guess for a total of $160, and after shipping it cost $226! Standard ground. I know this is a scam because when I called to complain they were happy to say that today and today only we can give you half price shipping! I sent two packages, both to senior citizens, one 80 and one 90, both of whom look forward to their pairs all year long. Both received boxes of rotten mushy pairs one week after I place my order. When I called to complain a customer service agent working at what sounded to me like a call center in the Philippines perfunctorily refunded my money and said have a nice day. That’s it — no effort to make it right, no effort to explain, or to win back the loyalty of a customer. This business is now owned by one800flowers.com and it’s too big for its own good. It’s really sad to see a cherished American business turn into this.

ladydi0034 Lutherville-Timonium, MD

DO NOT TRUST THEM TO ORDER FROM THEM Ordered MY sister's Christmas present Mid OCTOBER - just received an email- 1 WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS that they are out - What the heck! Thanks for ruining Christmas! No words to say how much I hate your company! Oh, I also appreciate the fact you fulfilled orders placed after mine because I chose not to have it delivered in October. OH, I ALSO APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT I HAVE NOW MISSED ALL SHIPPING OPTIONS FOR HER PRESENT TO BE THERE BY CHRISTMAS AND I FACT THAT I NOW HAVE TO BUY A SLOPPY SECOND SINCE ALL OF THE REALLY NICE STUFF IS SOLD OUT! DON'T EVER ORDER FROM THEM!

DLROne Winter Springs, FL

Looks like my experience is about the same as others. Ordered 2 boxes of Cinnabons on 12/6 and website stated "items are available to ship now". Paid $23 for overnight shipping. Order status stated delivery would be 12/8. Items never arrived on 12/8 and Fedex tracking stated only that the label had been created. Never received any update on order status or communication that delivery would be late. Contacted support on 12/9 and spoke to rep, only was told that items were "in transit". On 12/10 contacted support again since items still had not arrived and Fedex status had not changed. After being on hold for an hour was told again by rep that items were "in transit". Asked to speak to a supervisor, on hold again for 15 minutes. Supervisor finally joined call and could only apologize for the delay. Could not give me any status on the order or expected delivery date, only stated that order was missing the internal tracking number and that it was "probably" in transit and "should" arrive in a couple of days. This was an outright lie. Supervisor would not enter a new order at no charge to replace the existing order to ensure that I would receive the items the next day. Terrible way to address a customer issue. Demanded refund and was told it would be processed. Refund not processed.

Kathy Escobedo Cheyenne, WY

I ordered a Christmas Cactus back in November which showed a delivery date by December 1st. I assumed it was delivered but hadn't checked to make sure. On December 11th, I was informed that a gardenia was going to be delivered but was late. I immediately responded that I had ordered a Christmas Cactus and they responded that a gardenia had to be substituted. The gardenias were half the price that I paid. I asked for a refund and was told no. I wish I would have seen all these bad reviews before I ordered from them. I will never buy another thing from Harry and David and will post this on everything I can so others are aware.

Kimberly Friend Coatesville, PA

On their website they had a deal for buy one gift basket get another basket for 50%off. Since I had six baskets I need to order for my friends and family I was extremely ecstatic about this deal. A way I can order baskets for my loved ones yet not spend an arm and a leg doing it! I called customer service and Spoke to the order agent who told me that he couldn't answer any questions about on going deals and that I would need to speak to a customer service agent . I then said to him I'm planning on ordering 6 baskets today but wanted to see if you had this promotion. He proceeded to tell me yes you would need to speak to a customer service rep and that he could only place the order so I was already confused as to why he couldn't answer my question or help me place my order. He then connected me to customer service where I waited on hold for 30 minutes. I figured it was the holidays and they were extremely busy to go ahead and take advantage of their system that if you leave your phone number they will call you back in the order your call was received. I left my information and never heard anything back from them that day. The next day I called in again and spoke to someone from customer service. I tried to order my six baskets and was told that that promotion I had seen on line was not available and never was available. They weren't helpful at all and now that promotion has disappeared they would not honor it. If I knew this was going to happen I would have just ordered my 6 baskets online. I felt it would be easier to speak to an agent since my orders would be traveling all over the united states. I am very disappointed by the lack of service I received and am going to take my business elsewhere. To have a business not return your phone call, not be able to take advantage of a great deal around the holidays that would have saved me money is very disheartening. To top it off the customer service agent said they didn't know what I was talking about and that they never had this promotion available ever made me feel like they thought I was trying to deceive their company or take advantage of them. I've never ordered from Harry and David and based off of this experience I probably won't ever again.

Karen Keefe Somerset, MA

I was notified today, 5 days before Christmas that they could not fulfill an order placed weeks ago. At first I was told they needed additional information to place the order. After the 2nd phone call I was told they didn’t have the item I ordered. Absolutely incompetent to inform me ow. They lost a customer it I don’t feel they really care. Regards, Karen

cynthia huss Cornelius, NC

Ordered a gift basket for my 91 year old mother who is very difficult to buy for. Placed my order November 13th and received a confirmation email. The basket was to be delivered on December 17th. I called H&D today to check on the status of the basket. I was informed that the basket I ordered A MONTH ago was sold out. I NEVER received an email notifying me of such. I have requested a refund and this is my first and last time of trying Harry and David.

Rolf Lunde Puyallup, WA

Unbelievably bad customer service. The reps hardly speak or understand English. 3 calls and no help for an order received that was crushed beyond redemption. A rooster crowing in the background the entire conversation. Working from home and completely unacceptable. Threw out the food items that were open and loose in the bag. Had customer order, tracking number, recipient name, ordering info and they couldn’t locate the order ? What a scam

Sanja Milavic Saint Johns, FL

Very disappointed!!! Gift basket was ordered 12/06 , estimate delivery date 12/11 , per order # search appears basket have not been shipped yet? been contacting customer service , questing money back , no response yet …I am not sure below “good” comments are those paid advertisement? Definitely will never use this company again !!! NEED MY MONEY BACK

Chuck S Mentor, OH

Worst Customer Service ever!!! They took my order and my money with specific instructions to deliver two orders to my largest customer and they only delivered one order. Their customer service people do not speak good English and I literally spent at least 3 hours trying to get it resolved with no resolution!!! I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM HARRY & DAVID AGAIN AND WARN CUSTOMERS ABOUT MY POOR EXPERIENCE

BRIAN Simpsonville, SC

I am so disappointed with this company. I purchased 12 boxes, the cheese in the box was in question to serve to an individual because of packaging (for all 12 boxes), I called the support team, could not get a valid answer, could not understand the individual whom I was speaking with. Overall a very disappointing experience especially with their customer service and will not be using them again.

Meghan Walsh Lowell, MA

I ordered a full thanksgiving meal from harry & david online this year. I've never done this before but my family has been under a lot of stress lately with family illness and I needed to not have the stress of preparing all that food. The order said it would be delivered by Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I kept checking the mailroom all day. At 5:00 I began to worry. I started to call and was on interminable holds - gave number for callback. Finally got calls back at 6:30. They said it would be there by 8. It did not show. I called again. They said it would absolutely, guaranteed, be there by 11pm. It did not show. I called again and was told it would be there sometime in the next 24 hours... but since my meal was planned for noon on Thanksgiving Day, this would absolutely not work if it would not be there by my meal time. I asked to speak to various supervisors, but they were not helpful, saying I would have to cancel the food to get a refund at that point, rather than saying they would compensate me regardless of when it was delivered. They have no tracking system - just saying it was going out by FEDEX but not having a tracking number... I called again at 11:30p after texting friends and family about what food alternatives (Pizza?, Pho?) we would order instead since those are the only restaurants open on Thanksgiving. I decided we had to cancel the order and just have a different kind of cuisine this year. No issues. But the man on the phone would not cancel my order until the clock strikes midnight on the day of Thanksgiving.... Then I spoke to another supervisor person. This man tried to tell me how wonderful this 87 year old company is and that I should have used the phone to place the order instead of the website... but they put the guaranteed delivery date of Wednesday on the website. He told me not to adopt a 'millenial, i'm entitled attitude'.....I am much older than that... but am a female and old enough to know when a man is being a jerk to a woman - because she is a woman. I don't know what kind of training or lack their of that the staff have there, and I don't know who it is that has designed their logistics systems... it is a very bad system.... and sort of pathetic. Clearly this company that is 87 years old is unable to move with the times on any level. Maybe they should hire an actual millenial in place of the last supervisor I spoke to who an actually make their website and their logistics work? And probably, she would not have let a customer spend 7 hours on such madness.

Rahti Gorfien Brooklyn, NY

A friend lost her roomate in a plane crash and the condolence gift I sent has yet to be delivered. H&D says they have been calling her to get the 'gate code', which she does not have (it was in her roomates phone.) I had to reach out to her to find this out...as she says she received no calls from H&D. I've had to call H&D again, via caller ID as the number provided by H&D (to convey my friends message to leave the package just inside the entrance) was incorrect. The associate I spoke to, reading from a script, apologized for my having to call and as a 'consolation' offered me a discount on something. Socially, a very unintelligent move IMO. As of this writing, my friend has not yet received her gift. Perhaps there is no one to really be angry at here...maybe its just Mercury in Retrograde...except under such tragic circumstances, (which is probably the case with many orders), one would at least hope a condolence gift would go smoothly.

Bob Cappadona New York, NY

Order flowers and paid extra to be delivered the day before Thanksgiving. They did not arrive the day before Thanksgiving. It is now 3 days after Thanksgiving and still have not received the Flowers. Will never order through Harry and David again

Ryan Longmont, CO

I just sent my Mom a gourmet meat and cheese basket from Harry and David. I ended up sending it to her work at the last minute and had the wrong zip code in the address when I submitted it. I didn't realize the error until it had already been 2 days. I emailed the company and even though it was my mistake they prepared another basket right away and got it in route for delivery to the correct address. They even said if she ends up getting 2 baskets that they hope she enjoys them with their warmest birthday wished. How cool is that?! My Mom did end up getting both baskets and having lots to share with her co-workers. She even said that both delivery drivers offered her a happy birthday.

EPinney Avon, CO

They ruined Thanksgiving - I placed the order Oct. 10th and was even assured this afternoon that the order would arrive. FedEx has NO record of tracking number, and order never arrived. Waited over 20 minutes on phone for Harry and David customer service and before even taking my order number, she hung up on me.

Toni Montuori

I’ve used this gift service many times and can attest that the cost equals the premium quality. The fruit is beautiful and the monthly gift plan is awesome.

Rhona Leffler Olney, MD

Items in catalog are as they appear! Fruits are top quality; love the chocolate covered cherries, blueberries and apricots. When giving a gift basket, you can be assured the recipient will like a Harry and David basket.

Robert Serabin New York, NY

They lost my order. It had multiple recipients. Their AI system is not user friendly. Their response time is < 1 hour. Don't patronize is mt advice.

Betty Morris Little Rock, AR

Have had nothing but good experience in dealing with Harry & David’s...Love the times I have been able to shop at one of their stores, good sales and new items... Fruit of the month is one of my favorites, even when there is a glitch as recently happened with my Strawberries (doesn’t matter who’s fault, whether packer, shipper etc) H&D quickly replaced. Which is my favorite? Royal Reviera Pears, Bing Cherries, Strawberries can’t decide..

diane killmaier

My order was not delivered as promised. They said that FedEx was having delivery delays, and that they would do nothing to help my situation. Will not use Harry and David ever again.

Glenda Overby Louisville, KY

I have ordered from Harry and David in the past and been berry satisfied. Two years ago I ordered a box of pears that arrived with many bruises and blemishes but nothing is perfect every time. I ordered again this year. I received a family size box of tiny pears with bruises and blemishes. I will not be ordering from Harry and David again.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Harry & David always provide the highest class in gift basket assortments. They are high end and high quality. I have ordered many sets in the past, each one better than the last. All the ordering and service components are perfect, no flaws, no delays. Great gift ideas from Harry & David - always!

Matthew Driggs Salt Lake City, UT

I have never ordered from Harry and David but I have received over 20 product from them that other companies have sent me as a thank you or as a gift, hoping to get my business. Overall I have liked getting the gift baskets, but quite honestly, they look good but seem small when you really think about what you are getting. A huge gift basket looks impressive and so the immediate feeling is good, but the actual value (what you actually get) isn't that great.

Bonita Kasper West Palm Beach, FL

Last year I ordered a prime rib for my mother for Xmas. Everyone raved about it's flavor and tenderness so this year I ordered the full Prime Rib Feast for my son and his family for Xmas. The reviews were not spectacular. The rib roast was reported to have great flavor, but it was unusually fatty on one side of the roast. They could only eat half the roast. The sides were another story. Albeit they looked great in the photos, the reality was different. Each side came in a plastic bag which the recipient had to assemble and cook. Not a big deal except one would think for the price (Over $245.00 w/shipping) that each side would come pre-made and in an oven ready container...just heat and eat. Even Omaha Steaks (their meat sucks) sends sides ready to heat and eat including desserts (which are pretty good). My son sent me pictures of everything. Quite disappointing considering the price and the expectation of quality of Harry and David products in the past. Lesson learned. I won't be ordering this from H&D ever again.

Tonya Salinas, CA

Terrible company and lies about… Terrible company and lies about delivery dates. Promised 2 day on a fresh food basket. Then changed to 5 days. Only to find out it wasn’t even shipped but they billed my cc over $200. I will never shop here again. Stay clear of false sales. They wanted to push an order out to 9 days for a fresh food basket in the mail.

Kat Newton Center, MA

The Vegetable Lasagna that I received as part of a Gift Basket from Harry & David was inedible. It consisted of tough chunks of raw eggplant and a few noodles in a watery tomato sauce topped with a salty white layer similar to spray foam. No real cheese. All this at the "discounted" price of $49.95! This was the worst prepared food anyone in my family had ever had.

Eileen Widerman Fernandina Beach, FL

I have been sending Harry and David for years--especially the pears. So I was delighted when my daughter sent me a gift box. It contained one big pear and 3 or 4 smaller ones plus cheese, crackers, apples, and jam. It was beautiful. But, the pears never ripened. The big pear was hard as a rock three weeks later. The little ones got somewhat soft, but were dry and tasteless. I called to complain, since my daughter really splurged. She doesn't have money to waste. Harry and David were very nice and sent me a box containing 7 small pears. The waiting game began again. They are still not ripe, and it's been weeks!! The apple was fine, but I can get lovely apples at the supermarket. Ditto for the cheese. I did like the jam, and I was pleased some of what they sent was organic. I will not be shopping at Harry and David in the future.

Andrew Frits Springdale, AR

I purchased a Christmas dinner on 12/14/2020. The web site said in stock and deliverable before Christmas. On 12/20/2020, I checked the web site on my order. It said “Confirmed” and would be delivered by FedEx on “12/24/2020”. I got a call from Harry and David on 12/23/2020 saying some items were not available. The agent then tried to make a package for me but the vegetables were not available. The meat was available. Her computer then locked up. After 40 minutes, she had to hang up. Then another agent called me to tell me my order could not be processed anyway because FedEx had already picked up the last Christmas shipments but I could have “something” shipped after Christmas. This left my son with no Christmas dinner. Do not do business with Harry and David. A bad company.

Rasheed burton Severn, MD

It's crazy to see just how many other people are dealing with my same issues with this company. I highly suggest anyone who is planning to shop here READ the reviews first. I ordered "thank you" packages for other people almost two months ago. After three weeks, I checked the tracking and saw they still weren't shipped. This worried me so I reached out to the customer service team who then advised me there was a delay with my package so they would refund my shipping fee as well as have the packages shipped as soon as possible. Another week went by and I still hadn't received my refund nor were there any changes with my tracking status. A few days later, and to my surprise I received an additional charge from Harry & David on my account for the same order I paid for a month earlier. Again, I was very concerned so I reached back out to customer service who told me this was an Executive issue and they would have to transfer me. After waiting for almost an hour, I finally spoke with someone from the "exec" team; they told me they would look into this issue and give me a call. Here it is another few weeks later and I still have not heard anything from anyone at this company. I have made several calls back to the customer service team, but I am still getting the same runaround. It is absolutely ridiculous. I have asked several times for my full refunds as well as them to delete my full card information from their system so I won't be charged anymore. I am seconds away from filing a civil suit, but honestly I don't even know if it would be worth the money. To ANYONE who will listen, I urge you not to order from this company. The customer service is utterly useless and it seems once they have your card information, they're likely to do whatever they please with it, even without authorization from the user. This experience has deterred me from online shopping. I am so hesitant and afraid of companies having access to my personal banking account. And what makes it even worse is that the people who I ordered the gifts for, never received them :-(

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

I have been on the receiving end of a wonderful Harry & David gift basket. It was fun to open each unique box to find a tasty treasure inside. We enjoyed sharing our treats with our friends during the holidays. Thank you!

Jamie Neider Kaysville, UT

I haven't purchased Harry & David gift baskets myself, but have been gifted them a few times. I have always been very happy with the quality of the fruit in the boxes.

Ragen B. Sandy, UT

Great pears. I've used their pear baskets as gifts for family and friends out of state. (4 purchases so far) I recently received an email for 20% off and decided to send a basket to a sister. The discount totaled $6. Great! But then they doubled my normal shipping cost to recoup that $6. This equates to NO DISCOUNT AT ALL. Such a shame that a company that ships delicious fruits would leave such a bad taste in my mouth. I'll look for a different option to send as gifts from now on. It's too bad that that did this.

Bill G

Placed an order, had to change the "confirmed" order 3 times as their website is not good and it still doesn't take the change. Call their customer service people and the lady said, "oh I had the same problem and had to come into the office to change my order". Now trying to track the shipment and for two days the order has been processed and is somewhere on a Harry and David truck being driven from Oregon to Kansas City to be given to Fed-Ex in KS for delivery to the final location....REALLY??? How is it I can find out within 30 seconds when my pizza will be delivered, but they cannot even tell me where my order is???!!! The customer service person was very nice, but next time I'm going to order my fruit from Amazon and have it delivered in two days or less, on time to the Birthday recipient and without the frustration of dealing with a company that doesn't even know what the meaning of supply chain is. No stinkin apple or pear is worth this level of time and frustration!

Sarah Raskin West Hartford, CT

Worst company ever. Ordered a new baby basked. Three weeks later they let me know it wasn't available and I had to call to order something else. I did. Three weeks later I get an email saying I need to call to give them my credit card over again because it can't carry over from the first order. I did. Then I started getting daily emails telling me to call them with the same problem. Each time I called they said "oh, yeah, I see it's here, I will be sure your order goes out." Two days later same thing. Then same thing again. Six times. Finally asked for a refund. The baby would be going to college by the time they got the order correct. It was seriously bordering on harassment and always had to be a phone call, no option for an email.

Linda Penngrove, CA

Ordered a basket for My Mother for Mother’s Day. They got the address mixed up. Once realized I called back and straightened it out so my mother would receive the order. Must say the guy helping me was a bit challenged ... it took him the better part if 30 minutes to do this. So I thought we had straightened it out. A week later still no basket delivery . I called them back to find out They had reimbursed me and sent nothing. I asked the friendly gal what she could do for me $$ wise (even on shipping maybe) given the mix up. Without skipping a beat - She said she could do nothing. They have lost a customer for life.... and I have been with them for 15-20 years. Poor customer experience all the way around.

Sarah Yi Ikemire Sacramento, CA

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! I spoke with their supervisor who was blatantly talking down to me when I asked if he could help me with a gift card and to also apply the free shipping their website was advertising. He clearly didn't want to help me and said, "you can only use the gift card and not get free shipping" I asked him, why that is and his response was" I'm sorry I can't do that" His tone of voice from the very start was clearly telling me, I hate my job and I don't want to help you. He was so rude. I asked over and over again, that his assistance would be greatly appreciated, but still he was unwilling to help. To the higher ups- you should really think about retraining your employees. Customer care should be#1 PERIOD! YOU LOST A CUSTOMER! IVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR A LOONG TIME.

E Fishburne Cary, NC

a minute ago A bit pricey but products are good quality. Biggest concern is the expensive shipping cost. Not only are the costs extremely high, like almost half the price of the purchased item, the delivery time is quite long and not exact.

Laurie Goolsby Wichita, KS

I ordered a gift basket and the pears were rotten. Very embarrassing to have my family receive that. They said they would replace the pears. I have yet to see if the news ones are good. We shall see. I know these pears were not good when they were shipped. Shame on you.

Sheryl Overland Park, KS

I ordered a specific bottle of wine to go along with a gift basket for a senior member of a company that they specifically liked. I received an email confirmation for the gift basket and the wine I selected. The next day I went in to check on the status of the order and noticed two bottles of different types of wine were listed with the gift basket. At NO time was I contacted and asked if a substitution could be made. Specifically know that they Senior member we are shipping to does not like the types of wine that were substituted and was told that nothing could be done they were out of the wine that I had selected from their website and had received an email confirmation on that I was charged for. Customer Service was of not use did not offer any retribution or consideration other than to cancel the order. I will NOT be using Harry & David again. They just burnt the bridge.

Cathy Winter Garden, FL

So incredibly frustrated with customer service. Asked the same question four times and finally asked to speak with a manager and could not be connected...they were on a break, a phone call, etc. Perhaps this was the case because so many people were asking to speak with them instead of the "customer service" representative. Also, the employees were unable to provide an employee ID number. I called three times simply to find out the status of my order and the representative could not understand or answer my questions. Before calling, I tried to acquire the information through my account, I was provided with a phone number...877-322-1200. If you are going to provide a customer service contact number, it would be a much better experience if there was actually customer service. I have ordered H&D for years but will not in the future. There are many other companies out there that offer holiday gift baskets. Sorry that I had to leave a bad review.

Kristin Pleasant Grove, UT

I have use this company at Christmas time to send fruit baskets to my extended family. The fruit is always perfectly ripe and is delicious I highly recommend this company.

kristina Atlanta, GA

This review isn't about the product, it's about service, which is AWFUL. I placed a corporate order and ended up for over 10 hrs on the phone with multiple customer service reps. The issue was simple, the greeting message too long, so I tried to update it. Every time I spoke with the rep, they would advise that it has been fixed, I would receive the confirmation email, which would show only few updated messages. Others, would have message cut of in the middle, or just partially updated. It was a complete nightmare trying to resolve this. There are plenty other companies, that take care of their customers, this was the most frustrating and time wasting experience. I am shocked.