GiftTree Logo

GiftTree

9.8

GiftTree, as its name suggests, is a gift basket company with a goal of turning ordinary gifting moments into extraordinary ones. Since its founding in 1997, GiftTree has been a top choice among customers because of GiftTree's high-quality, hand-chosen gifts.

GiftTree operates from its headquarters in Vancouver, Washington. However, because of its other locations in Austin, Texas, and Charlotte, North Carolina, the company can offer two-day ground shipping to most areas within the United States. GiftTree also provides a full line of services to corporations and businesses, providing companies with personal business service representatives to simplify the business gift buying experience.

The Good

• Available Gift Baskets
  • Filter by Price, Occasion, and Gift Type
  • Place an Online Order 24/7
  • Extensive FAQ

Available Gift Baskets

GiftTree offers plenty of basket options for consumers — no matter the occasion.

Customers can choose from the following options:

• Gift Baskets
  • Flower Bouquets
  • Cheese and Charcuterie
  • Wine and Champagne Crates
  • Gift Towers

Depending on the type of basket ordered, the contents will vary. However, customers can expect that a fruit basket will contain fresh fruit that was "picked and arranged by hand."

Wine baskets generally have wine, wine glasses, chocolate, and a complimentary note card with a personal message.

Filter by Price, Occasion, and Gift Type

GiftTree has so many options that it can be a little overwhelming for consumers. To make it easier, consumers can narrow down their choices by selecting a filter. The filter allows customers to shop by price, occasion, and gift type.

Filtering the baskets by price is simple; customers can select from the following options:

• Gifts Under $50
  • Gifts $50–$100
  • Gifts $100–$200
  • Gifts Over $200

Filtering baskets by occasion is also fairly simple; customers can choose from the following occasions:

• Birthday
  • Congratulations
  • Anniversary
  • Get Well
  • New Baby
  • Sympathy

Customers can also order gift baskets based on holidays, such as Mother’s Day, Easter, Christmas, and more.

Place an Online Order 24/7

Consumers can order a GiftTree gift basket 24/7.

If a customer orders a flower or balloon basket before 2:00 p.m. (Monday–Friday) in the recipient's time zone, they can get same-day delivery.

For a Saturday delivery, customers will need to place their order by 12:00 p.m. in the recipient's time zone the Friday before.

Sunday delivery is available in most areas if the order is placed before 12:00 p.m. (recipient's time zone) the Friday before. If GiftTree cannot fulfill the Sunday order, the company will contact customers by phone or email and arrange an alternative delivery date.

Orders placed after 2:00 p.m. (recipient's time zone) will be delivered the next available day.

Keep in mind that fruit baskets are not available for Sunday delivery.

Extensive FAQ

GiftTree's frequently asked questions page is full of helpful information. The company does its best to answer each question thoroughly and include all the details. This is especially helpful to customers who don't want to or don't have time to call or email the company to ask questions.

The Bad

• Common Complaints
  • Shipping Limitations
  • Returns
  • Service Charge
  • Limited Customer Service Hours

Common Complaints

The most common complaints against GiftTree have to do with the company not delivering their products on the expected delivery date and the baskets not looking like what was initially ordered.

While GiftTree does warn customers about both of these things on the website, it is frustrating for customers to order something and not have it arrive on time and not look as they expected it too. Several customers also complained that GiftTree's customer service team often knew little about why the products weren’t reaching the recipients and offered no solutions.

Shipping Limitations

While GiftTree tries to get all baskets out and delivered by their specified delivery date, that doesn't always happen. The company explains, "Ground shipping* does not ensure delivery on a specific date. It can take up to seven business days to deliver your gift depending on the destination and time of year (delivery times during the holiday season are typically longer)."

Customers will need to select two-day or three-day shipping to ensure their delivery is delivered by the end of the selected date. Gift Tree warns customers that they'll need to choose Overnight Delivery via UPS or FedEx in their shopping cart to guarantee a specific delivery date.

Returns and Substitutions

Customers cannot return fresh products (flowers, fruit, plants, balloons, trees, and fresh food gift baskets), perishable, personalized, and fragile items. If a product doesn't meet expectations, all products are covered by the GiftTree Guarantee.

Consumers should also know that GiftTree makes an effort to ensure that its products resemble the ones featured on the website. However, depending on the growing season, it is not always possible. In rural areas of the United States, particular flowers (exotic or tropical) may not be available. Keep in mind that the website states that "GiftTree reserves the right to substitute flowers of like color, appearance, and value."

Service Charge

The flower, balloon, and fruit baskets include a service charge fee — this is the same as the delivery fee. Customers should be aware that any additional fees or charges will depend on the gift basket.

The service charge per item for balloon bouquets and floral arrangements is $17.95. The service charge per item for fruit baskets is $19.95.

Limited Customer Service Hours

While customers can order a gift basket online 24/7, GiftTree's customer service line is only available Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST). This is slightly inconvenient as not all customers will be able to call within these hours.

Additionally, if a customer wants to order a gift basket over the phone, they will have to call within the given customer service time frame.

GiftTree is also closed on weekends and on New Year's Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.

The Bottom Line

GiftTree is certainly a good option for those looking to send a memorable gift. GiftTree’s baskets are unique and a great present for any holiday, event, or occasion. The company offers next-day and same-day shipping options for those who want their gift to reach their loved one by a certain date. If you are looking to send a unique gift that is sure to make your loved ones smile, GiftTree is a solid option.

Although there are a number of complaints against the company, there are a few consumers who had no problems and highly recommend GiftTree. We recommend consumers look into GiftTree’s shipping and returns policy, as many customers have complained that their gift did not reach its recipient in time and the customer service team gave no explanation as to why.

4.0

Pam Foegen Black River Falls, WI

I sent flowers as a gift. The recipent said they had never gotten such beautiful flowers and she loves flowers. It made her day very special. Highly recommend! Delivery was next day and their in the morning which I really appreciated!

Anna Walsh Kilshanny, CE

This was an amazing experience from start to finish. So easy to order, great communication. Was kept informed with where it was and what time it was arriving and I was ordering from Ireland. Highly recommend gift tree.

Jacqueline Figueroa Irvington, NJ

My experience with Gifttree has been great. Beautiful gift packages and great great costumer service from the Company. I was having some issues with my last order and Ms. Marlo helped me so much with such. She went out her way to contact UPS, Federal Express and the business mail room with regards to the specific date of package delivery. She contacted me several occasions and maintained me informed as to what was occurring with the packages which made me at ease since I was concerned about the delivery date for both of them. I really greatly appreciate so much all the help Ms. Marlo provided to me. Buying a beautiful gift is a nice thing but receiving wonderful customer service adds to feeling very comfortable with the purchase and that such gifts will be received without issues. I can’t ask for better than that. I want to give my great thanks to Ms. Marlo for all the time and help she provided for these gifts to be received at the appropriate date. Thank you, thank you, thank you Ms. Marlo. Extremelly appreciated. You are the best!

Jayavenkatasubramanian Bound Brook, NJ

I ordered. Chocolate covered strawberries & chocolate layer cake to my granddaughters priya & sonya in ny & Astoria . It was very promptly dealivered on time & one before time & they loved it. They said it was very fresh & tasty.I want to thank gift tree reps I ordered the items & appreciate their service which was very great. Jayavenkatasubramanian

GiftTree Logo

Reply from GiftTree

Yay! Thank you for the kind words!

Feb. 17th, 2021

Susan Vernoski Eatontown, NJ

Barbara was my customer service representative and did an awesome job with my gift order, as I needed extra help selecting two items to meet my office donations. GiftTree is the best company for customer service and offers the best variety of gift selections. Also, Jolene kept me informed of my gift delivery status. A wonderful team! Thank you!

Elizabeth Siccone Basking Ridge, NJ

Since I couln't see family members this year I thought of sending gift baskets. I never used Gift Tree before but gave it a try. Wow I am so glad I did. I sent over 15 baskets to friends and family and everyone loved what I sent. They said the food was delicious and the wrapping and the presentaion was just beautiful. The customer service people were so kind and patient and professional. I have alot of family out of state and this will be my new " go to company" ! Thank you Gift Tree for doing such a great job and making things so easy for us during this difficult holiday season!

mamanancy Kelowna, BC

Gift Tree exceeded expectations during this holiday season. I ordered a gift basket that would bring nostalgia to my daughter who lives in the states (I live in Canada) and thought, well, if it gets there sometime during the holidays, that would be great. Not only did the basket arrive exactly on the date stated it would, the basket was even better than expected. I will be utilizing this wonderful store again!

Ellie Fredericksburg, VA

I’ve been ordering from this company for over a while now. All my recipients have been highly satisfied with the gifts they’ve received. I’m taking the time out to review it because a situation came up with one of my orders (through no fault of their own). The manner it was handled was exceptional! It said a lot about their going beyond and above to make customer satisfaction. I also like that they have gifts for pretty much any budget.. Also receiving discounts when you subscribe your email is an extra bonus. Just be mindful if you plan on using the free shipping service do it at a week in advance so it can be delivered on time. If not just pay for the shipping of your preference. Overall, currently I’m very please with this company.

Joyce

I''ve been using Gift Tree for years now and will continue having them as my '''go to'' company when I need flowers or orher gifts delivered. Generally I want something to arrive quickly, like a friend in the hospital, or just needing a cheerful pick me up, Gift Tree always has something to fill my need. Fruit baskets are fresh and beautiful and the selection of flowers or other gifts always provides what I need. Love this company!

Lisa Tippins

The ordering process is very easy, and while I haven't seen any of the baskets in real life, the recipients have been very complimentary. My one complaint is that a couple of times I've wanted something delivered on a specific date, and it has been delivered 1-2 days early. That's not always a good thing - especially if the recipient is out of town!

Berenice

The website was very on point so I could easily pick something within the budget I had. It was pretty easy to order it online. The baskets came with a lot of things and you could change it up and make it personal to the person you were giving a gift to. I like that they keep me updated with the delivery process. I know it took more than once to deliver it because the customer wasn't home by just seeing the emails they sent.

Jenny

I ordered a leather journal with personalization and it was exactly what I hoped it would be. The order summary didn''t show that there was a name to be engraved but when I called customer service she looked it up and assured me it was all on track, just as ordered. I really appreciated her kindness and helpful attitude. The recipient of the gift was very pleased with it.

Colin Dushkin

I sent a gift to guests staying at a rental for a weekend. When the item could not be received initially because no one was home (no one's fault), it got re-delivered to the wrong person by accident. When Gift Tree and I tried to track who accepted it and where the package was, Gift Tree was so kind to send a new package to the guest's home in another city. It was such excellent service, and greatly appreciated.

Deborah N. Whitaker

All of my friends and family members that were recipients of gifts from Gift Tree were very pleased with the gift. I have seen some of the baskets, and they are well put together and gorgeous. The contents of each basket are extraordinary. I've been purchasing from Gift Tree for approximately 3 years, and they outshine all others when it comes to their gift baskets. You cannot go wrong with a purchase from Gift Tree.

Paul

Company has always refunded whenever the order wasn't satisfactory. I greatly value their commitment to excellent customer relations and am now a loyal, repeated customer despite some unsatisfactory orders because I know its not their fault, but also know they will stand by their customers and make sure whatever problem ocurred is properly addressed. That's a rarity nowadays!

Sandra Angelini Garson, ON

I ordered the fruit/cheese/wine combination for my son-in-law. It arrived on time (even a few days early) and was a huge hit. An outstanding feature was the quality, not to mention the size, of the fruit. I was thoroughly satisfied with this purchase and will not hesitate to order from Gift Tree in the future.

Maria Prince Glenolden, PA

Ordered a fruit and candy basket for my parents. I have never ordered from this company before and was a little concerned about the quality of the fruit. My parents loved it. They said that the fruit was very fresh with not a bruise on any of it. It was the best fruit they have ever eaten. The chocolate candy was also exceptional. My mother was also impressed on how beautiful the basket itself looked. They were very pleased. I will definitely buy from them again, and next time, I will get something for myself.

Super Satisfied Customer Everett, WA

I have to say, I am super impressed with the delivery not to mention the product and the packaging! My relatives not only received it early but in great condition and when they sent me a picture of what was delivered, it was so beautiful I order for the second time and the process of ordering so smooth!! LOVE this place! No more ordering anywhere else! Thank you GiftTree for your quality and customer service!! Thank you m!!! it was a wonderful experience and look forward to placing another order in the next couple of days!!

Vanessa

The website was easy to use. The shipping was fast. I was pleased with the website and delivery time. The quality of the baskets has always been extremely high and the person I sent them to has always been very satisfied with what they receive.

Stephanie

I've used it several times because the gift baskets are absolutely beautiful. They are always on time and never had a problem. I think I've ordered maybe three or four times so I really am a fan of this site. They're beautiful. They have quality products and just an absolutely beautiful presentation.

Michael

I've used them in the past and everything worked out well. My last purchase from Gift Tree several weeks ago got delivered to the proper location but the wrong hospital room and Gift Tree delivered a new gift basket to the proper person. The website is very easy to navigate.

Lenay

Great service!!! One of the gifts had not been receive to my husband who works for a automotive company I called customer service they help me track the package the package was in the personnel office so my husband'''s birthday went off with a great splash thank you gift tree

Shellina Sajan

You guys have awesome varieties and prices.... your service is simple and on time and whenever I have called in person your reps have been very polite professional, informative and helpful resolving my issues..... THEY KNOW THEIR PRODUCT V.WELL !!! yES.

Peter

I got this as a whim, I was online looking for gift and up they popped. I dealt with everything online and it was delivered on the day I wanted it to, the service was quite good. The one I sent it to seems to like it very much, although she said the pears needs a little more ripening

Jonathan

I've used it several times before and we've always been satisfied. Items are premium and packaged really beautifully. The individuals in customer service are very knowledgeable on the product and extremely patient and courteous. I'm always a satisfied customer.

Shawn

I use them all the time. They're very reliable and the gift baskets are always nice, and the prices are good. I feel like what you get in the basket is worth the money. They're good quality always tasty, always fresh, nothing ends up broken. Things show up on time and one time I had an issue with delivery they took care of it immediately.

Naarah

They have cool stuff. The feedback I get from my friends who get these gifts is they really like it, I got a table tennis set for a friend and they were excited about it. Customer service is always accommodating me and answer my questions quickly. They have a nice sample and collection of stuff, various gift baskets, and they're reasonably priced.

Kathia A

I choose Gift Tree because of personalization, I can choose what I want to say. The person who received the basket was very impressed and it had everything I wanted to give. Overall the experience was very positive, I always use it.

Joseph

They have a real wide variety of products for different occasions and it's a very easy website to maneuver. The customer experience was very very smooth. The only things is they kept saying that I got a certificate for a discount for the next purchase but I was never able to figure out how to use it.

Kenneth

They had a big selection on the website so I could find exactly what I wanted. One of the deliveries, the company was present. But they persisted and came back a second day and they were able to make the delivery. So I like the persistence. The company did everything they were supposed to do.

Jill

I was very dissatisfied with the first basket that went out and the Gift Tree staff worked out that I got something nice to make up for that. When I talked to customer service, two of them were beyond excellent. One was not so great. He was not really willing to work with us. He told me tht we would have to return our product if we wanted a replacement sent out despite the fact that the initial product wasn't good. So in addition to getting a crappy product, we have to work with them which was extremely frustrating. I think that they ended up working with me.

Chikodili

The customer service representative was quite impressive. She explained everything to me and told me how long it was going to take and what I can find in different kinds of packages. The package looked fancy and everything was wrapped good but there was only a few items inside. I don't want to pay seventy dollars for something I can make in my house.

Gwendolyn Alexis

I had never used Gift Tree before and I ordered some baskets. The baskets did not arrive when I wanted them to and wehn I called in to check on it, the representative quickly apologized and gave me a refund. It was an awesome experience. The products were fresh and plentiful.

Lina M

The gift baskets are very well planned and may make a nice impressive gift. It's good quality. The baskets are all top of the line and very well selected. Everything has been good so far. It's been for the last three years. I have continually turned to them for my clients.

Chris

I was getting updates that it was shipped quickly and the recipients loved it. The products were of quality and lots for the price. I'll definitely be ordering again. It was my first and I will definitely be back. It was a great experience. I loved the products and the service.

Michelle McEachin

We have made several purchases as gifts for clients. Each has been handled expertly. Just as requested. Shipped quickly and the gifts have made solid impressions on our clients. We appreciate the ease of ordering, the selection that is available in our capped price range and the quality of the selections as well.

Beth Lake Placid, FL

Sent a fruit basket aa a gift so I did not actually see it but the recipient thought it was fantastic. They raved about the fact that it had such a varied selection if fruit including bananas. Very pleased with the product and will definitely use them again.

Greg Megowan

The ordering was very easy, and the gift basket was delivered as promised and right on time. The person that I sent it to raved about how nice the basket that everything came in was, and they plan to keep and use it going forward.

valerie davies

everythin i ordered was delivered when you said it would be. Everything was exactly as pictured. Everthing was recieed in exalent condition. Lots of different price points and items to choose from. A great way for this Canadian to send gifts to my family in the USA

Gracie

I have sent 4 or 5 baskets over the past couple of years. The baskets get to the destinations as promised. The recipients have all raved about the contents, presentation and freshness. I also like that there are options that offer personalization.

Taig

Every time I''ve purchased from Gift Tree and seen the pictures and heard the delighted comments from those I''ve sent them to, I''ve been reminded that these guys really do a great job. You get wha you pay for and i''m A die-hard loyal fan of Gift Tree.

I've got them for a long time. It's good quality and they are easy to work with. Customer service has always been great. They seem very quality oriented. They're nice. It's really convenient.

Maryanna

They did what they said they would do and delivered it. I asked my sister how nice it was and she said it was great. She loved it. I sent it to her home and they got it. It was very good service.

The person I spoke with was really helpful and the whole experience was easy. The people that I sent it to were very pleased. I thikn they did a good job and I'll definitely use them again.

Jill

Gift Tree arrives on time and as pictured. I always order the best quality and the flowers last at least two weeks. I only order from Gift Tree and highly recommend it to my friends.

Megan

Gift Tree makes sending amazing gifts so easy! The section is great, you can get something for everyone on your list! The representatives on the chat service are always so helpful and friendly!

Jan

Complete satisfaction and ready to work with me on my requests .They fulfilled what I needed in a timely manner and met all my expectations .I was very eased and will buy ftom them again!

Linda

The people who received it were quite pleased. I appreciate their good service. I'm happy with their customer service but there's always room for improvement. I found them on the internet and I liked what I saw.

Aaron

It was a very positive experience, the people who received it were all very pleased with the product and the feedback that they gave electronically kept me up to date on the status of everything so it's very good experience.

Guy

They are always super responsive and get stuff out on time and have a great offer. They're beautiful and they're great but sometimes the packaging is not as nice as the contents inside.