GiftBasket.com is a company based out of New Jersey. In a typical year, their revenue will be anywhere from $1-$5 million. They employ 10-20 employees and, recently, overhauled their website, which helped double their revenue by making it easier for customers to pick from a variety of themed gift baskets. They even offer bulk ordering through different resellers to help maximize the needs of their customers. They even offer Ghiradelli chocolate gift baskets, making it easy for their customers really hit home for loved ones.

#1 GiftTree chevron_right
#2 Olive & Cocoa chevron_right
#3 Costco Gift Baskets & Towers chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Many different themes
  • Fast shipping
  • Wide variety of alcoholic beverages

We were taken away by the many different themes of gift baskets for all occasions, including:

• Many different brands of chocolate and truffle gift baskets.
    • Gift baskets "for him" and "for her."
    • Monthly clubs, offering gift basket varieties for all times of the year.
    • Substitutions, for if a particular item or variety is out of stock.

Also, GiftBasket.com is great about getting a gift out on the same business day. 99.7% of all gift baskets ordered by 4pm will ship out on the same business day. Of the gift basket companies reviewed, we also felt that GiftBasket.com had the largest variety of products and services to choose from.

Also, the beer and wine gift baskets were a nice theme. The gift baskets we saw were able to help customers select from a wide variety of liquors, spirits, and wines that might be appropriate for a particular occasion.

The Bad

• Large restocking fee

GiftBasket.com has a generous refund and return policy. However, we were concerned about the $25.00 restocking fee and loss of shipping and handling fees for the customer. If a customer were truly not satisfied with their product, they stand to lose a minimum of $25.00 for their investment.

The Bottom Line

We recommend GiftBasket.com for its wide variety of products. Also, themes change throughout the year for the season. The blog gave us a wide variety of products, including the different chocolate truffle packages, the Valentine's Day themed materials, and other packages. We also liked how hard GiftBasket.com worked to get orders out on the same day, offering free shipping via UPS ground. Other types of shipping, however, did cost somewhat more.

1.5
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

Stevan Peete

January 14th, 2020 Cape May, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with GiftBasket.com was remarkably pleasant. Admittedly, I was concerned given the number of poor reviews, but I decided to give them a chance anyway. My order consisted of 8 bouquets that were set to arrive four days after I had purchased them. My one negative remark would be that only 7 arrived on time, so I could not use the last one for my intended purpose. The others arrived within the time frame I had set for them, and they looked fantastic! There was little to no wilting, and they all smelled like they had been hand-picked that morning. A romantic treat for anyone to enjoy.

Bryan

January 13th, 2020 Cape May, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wasn't quite sure what exactly to send for a "get well soon" gift. The website was SO easy to navigate and offered perfect solution for what to put in the basket and send in a timely manner, and my friend absolutely loved it! Job well done!

Ray

January 9th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Got caught in a crunch before Holidays. Had to place a $20k order for multiple clients. Reviews on-line made me nervous, but still placed orders. Every single client came back to me within days stating how much they loved their Gift Baskets. "All in" pricing was the best available compared to every other site considered. They delivered! Kudos! Will definitely use again.

Scott

December 19th, 2019 Roslyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing products and customer service! Would highly recommend to anyone who is planning on sending a gift.

Sarah

September 4th, 2019 Taunton, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They delivered two weeks after the order and argued with me over the phone still claiming the issue was not their fault. I guess a sick kid in a hospital is not one of their priorities.

Disappointinggiftbasket.com

August 8th, 2019 Holbrook, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My Rating is Zero!! Ordered a $200 baby boy gift basket, $245.00 with 2 day shipping. Arrived 2 days late , Gift basket was entirely different than what I ordered and what the photograph showed. Look on their website at the "ultimate gift for baby boy" It shows a monkey and ape theme and specifically States what you will receive. Instead, they received what looked like somebody rummaged through a thrift shop and threw a basket together. Instead of a blend of matching items, like I was told and like it states on the item description. Instead, they received a hodgepodge of Bunny, rainbows , ugly gold's , different color blues, stripes , mix matched patterns that don't go with anything let alone each other. Customer service is useless , I was told to send pictures, which I did, and they would call me right back which never happened. The order was so wrong it was like I received someone else's order. Buyer Beware !! Do not use this company, they don't care , customer service is horrible. A comparison photo of what I received versus what I was supposed to receive would be helpful if it was allowed here I would post them.

tjen

August 2nd, 2019 Mount Laurel, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everytime I call same lady morning or evening. Called a few times from Thursday to following Wed. Loved that I could put gift together for my friends bday sent in one day. First time never got confirmation # she said info wrong yet $ came from my account in limbo. Once I got it back, tried again, same thing, why did I do that? Same thing happened even though I thoroughly checked info and $ in acct. This lady is clueless she could say nothing but I apologize. I told her about all the bad reviews. So now I am stuck waiting for the $ back again, they better refund. Won't purchase from them now after these reviews. Third time ain't the charm that's for sure. I would give zero stars if I could.

Maggie O’Reilly

May 2nd, 2019 Leitchfield, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I sent this to a friend for her birthday and for $75 I expected her to be excited about it. She said it was nice. When I got to talking to her more after her birthday had passed I asked about it in more detail and it was much smaller than I’d imagined and all that was included was a plain white coffee mug. It says a Starbucks mug, which should be a $15 value at minimum and many of their mugs are much more than that. We are great friends and I asked her if she thought it was worth $75 and she actually said that she felt really guilty that I paid that much for that. Not the experience I was hoping for. I send gifts often as I live out of state from family and friends and I will not be a repeat customer with this experience nor would I recommend this company. The item was not as described.

Melody B

January 17th, 2019 Westminster, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered from Giftbaskets.com for the first time. I liked the idea that I could put my own basket together and that there were a variety of choices. I put together a rather large basket for parents/family of a newborn who needed surgery. I paid extra for two day shipping so that the basket would be there in time for them to take snack items with them to the hospital. One, I didn’t realize that they don’t do business on the weekends (I ordered on a Saturday). Two, I received a notice from UPS on Monday stating they would send another email when they received the package. That didn’t happen until Wednesday. I had called the company Tuesday, left a detailed message, and no one got back to me. I called again Thursday to find out if they would credit me my 2 shipping and had to spend way too much time on the phone to achieve a resolution. They would not credit the shipping, but instead gave me a $50 credit towards my next order. I am sure I will never use this. I think the shipping should have been credited AND I should have been compensated. The basket arrived the day of the surgery and no one was home. Why would I chance ordering from them again. It took 6 days for the package to arrive from the time I ordered it.

Paul

January 14th, 2019 Burlingame, CA

Terrible! Stay away from these guys! Almost no value at all! We received a "gift basket" Tiny amounts of sugar cookies, etc. We have no idea what they paid for it. I am diabetic, so we took it to a meeting to let others at it. All of the contents except a small bag of caramel corn fit on one paper plate. It included a bottle of "Premium Merlot 1913 Gourmet Wine Fruit". It was sweet and looked like Kool-Aid. No alcohol at all. HUGE Ripoff!

Sandra perez

January 11th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a gift basket for my niece for her baby due in January. She received another persons order with their gift card. I waited for them to send out the right basket as they stated they would. After a week or so I called and was advised that basket was now on back order. I told them to give me a refund...I’m still waiting.ive spoke with Taylor and sabrina and have asked for a supervisor. They said refunds would be processed 1/7/19 and 1/8/19. Nothing happened . Called 1/10/19 and Sabrina said supervisor Evelyn would call me that day. Nothing. Spoke to jake today 1/11/19 said Evelyn was in a meeting and she would call me today, nothing. Don’t order from here!!!!

Anne Chappee

January 9th, 2019 Conroe, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered gift basket on 12/28. Paid for two day UPS shipping so it would get there before New Year's Day or, at very least, day after. It didn't arrive until 1/7! Online tracking never worked until it told me it arrived. I called several times asking about the basket. One person said it had been delivered when it had not. They said UPS must have changed the tracking number but trust us, it arrived. Once it did arrive, I called back. I was told a manager would be calling me. When I talked with her, she said they would reimburse the difference between the two day shipping and regular shipping and I would see an email the next day about it. Guess what? No email. Just called again and they have said manager will be calling me. NOTE: DO NOT EVER USE THIS SERVICE. THEY ARE NOT A WELL RUN COMPANY AND JUST MIGHT BE TRYING TO CONDUCT BUSINESS IN A SHADY MANNER.

S. Lewis

January 3rd, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

NEVER AGAIN! Not Gourmet, but GARBAGE! Basket and some items delivered damaged.

Sharon Edwards

October 25th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very disappointed with the basket that was delivered to my grandaughter this week, I ordered the Halloween Grand Basket $139.99 , when she received it it did not look anything like the basket I ordered, I tried the chat line, no response, called the 888 number was told to send an email with the photo, I did that twice , have not heard a word from them, will never order from them again, terrible customer service!!! The basket looked messy and cheap, $139.99 wasted..

john jekielek

August 30th, 2018 Sarasota, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give them no stars I would terrible cusomer service, misleading delivery times and promises

H Moore

June 5th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the convenience of GiftBasket.com, and their selection is great!

Jay G

May 11th, 2018 Surprise, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We would NEVER use this company again. We placed an order on May 9, and paid extra for 3 day UPS shipping. We received notice that the basket will be delivered on the 15th. We entered a chat with a company representative, who basically blew us off with the “policies” that say that the shipping date doesn’t begin until after the day the basket order is processed ... in this case on Friday, May 11. Then it doesn’t include Saturdays or Sundays. This misleading policy means that our order will be delivered one day shy of a week. That’s 6 days later, not three. We were given the option of returning the basket at our cost, and then paying a restocking fee. So much for a “100% satisfied” guarentee. What a SHAM of a company!

Reem Elghonimi

May 10th, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my second bad experience with GiftBasket.com. I did give them a second chance this time by placing an order for Mother's Day. I received an ad from them today (Wednesday 5/9/2018) in my email as a Mother's Day (Sunday 5/13/2018) promotion and used the advertised discount code MOM10 to place an order. Even though I placed the order immediately, I found out after I had already checked out that it would not arrive until the Monday AFTER Mother's Day. I chose UPS Ground and neither the arrival time nor the shipping cost was displayed on your website before I checked out. Today I chatted with a representative on the website to tell her that the promotion and discount led me to believe that an order I made on the same day would arrive by Mother's Day. After she asked me which shipping method I chose and I answered UPS Ground, she said that's the cheapest one as if that was the problem with my order not arriving on time. I told her I needed to speak to a manager and she replied that she was the office manager. As I told her and then wrote to GiftBasket.com customer service, I don't consider it an appropriate response to call a customer's product choice as "cheap" instead of correcting the problem and ensuring that the advertised service - an on-time delivery -is given as promised. Even if the shipping time can't be adjusted any longer, the response by the manager is offensive and unhelpful. This is a shipping choice they provide, so if it is cheap ($18.87), that is their choice and they should not be insulting a customer that chooses it. I even told the manager that she would lose my business. This is not what I would call 100% satisfaction guaranteed as their website declares. I would think that their business would be welcoming to any and all customers not just those in a certain economic range. On the contrary, this is not at all a cheap shipping cost. Customers have many options available for online purchases and gift-giving and definitely do not need a company that charges high shipping rates for delivering a product late anyways.

Ana

January 31st, 2018 San Mateo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

RIDICULOUS SCAM! The whole ordering process I was told my basket was $40.01. I get to the information portion and for the delivery options, there were NO listings of any delivery fees. I checked the “overnight” box to see, still no fees mentioned. Assuming there would be a last, detailed summary of my order where I could also see the delivery charge, I selected to place the order. However there was no summary, it went straight to placing it! The receipt page popped up and my total went from $40 to $104! I couldn’t believe it! They charged me nearly $64 for a delivery fee that I had not consented to! I have been calling them over &over for 4 hours now and they have not responded. Plus when I’ve gone on their website, the customer service number has changed 4 times. DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM HERE! They will scam you by not listing additional fees like delivery and not give you a summary page before you order.

Jill Ritchie

January 22nd, 2018 Barberton, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They charged us for baskets that were discontinued and now they won't refund the money or return a phone call or email. Impossible to deal with! Never order from this company!!!

Lance

December 26th, 2017 Franklin, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of these baskets was purchased for my family and the person who bought it was present when we started to go through it. It was their "Ultimate WOW!" package and the only "wow" that it inspired was one of disappointed disbelief. The total value of the the contents of the basket that could be purchased at regular retailers and on the internet added up to roughly $90.00. The other $260 of the cost (before shipping and handling) must've been in the packaging and the three bottles of "wine". I'll be generous and assume that $10.00 worth of effort went into throwing a bunch of mid to low-grade items into a basket. So that leaves $250 for the wine. Well, as mentioned here in other reviews, the wine bottles look fake; no back or side labels with the compulsory information required by the federal government. This means one of two things, either they're breaking federal law by not meeting the labeling standards set forth by the TTB or that the wine is under 3% APV and the "wine" is just grape vinegar with a packet of sweetener in it. In what I've come to understand, I believe that both explanations are true since if a winery or vineyard is claiming a vintage on their wine, the APV no longer matters and, at the very least, an area of appellation must be listed along with the address of the winery which are not present on the bottle. The quality of the wine is terrible as well. It tastes exactly as I described it above, instead of a cork it's sealed with a foil screw-on cap, and the bottles lack a punt. Now, you may think I'm just nitpicking at this point but there's a reason these features are present in real wine bottles. If wine is bottled properly, pressure changes inside the bottle as secondary fermentation takes place and if real wine was bottled in the same manner as what we received the bottle would eventually rupture. In short, I encourage anyone that has received counterfeit wine from this, or any other company, to file a claim with the Trade and Tax Bureau and eventually get these charlatans taken down for good.

Margie Garza

December 16th, 2017 Irvine, CA

There refused to cancel my order 5 min after I placed it. They claim it was already on the delivery truck. Which is BS! Will never use them or will not recommend them. Their rating less then 0. So much for holiday spirit!

Lisa Miller

December 12th, 2017

Horrible customer service! Very rude operators that act like you are interrupting their day. They double charged me for baskets I tried to edit off of my order.

C. Wahlgren

October 26th, 2017 Harker Heights, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered a gift of wine. IT smelled and tasted like vinegar. Complained to company and all I got was a $25 refund to my card! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Imee Lim

September 28th, 2017 San Diego, CA

Paid overnight delivery $67 package did not arrive 3 days later and fedex left the package next door too so not even sure if he will receive it .. never again .. no one even bother to help you solve the problem worst company .. and they try toblame to fedex well I did not buy the basket to fedex its your freaking responsiblities to fix it !! his birthday passed two days ago !!

Pilar

September 23rd, 2017

I payed 300USD for a basket that was never delivered. They made a mistake on the address. On my confirmation e.mail the info was right, and UPS explained me only the shipper can change the address. That means these company. The customer service online tryed to blame me , saying : "Why would we write the wrong address?". Very rude. But I sent her a pic from the confirmation email their sytem sent me. After 1 month I still have no solution. They are fraudulent. 300 they took and we got nothing but frustration. Be careful with these people.

David Jackman

August 29th, 2017 Hawley, PA

Overpriced; cannot speak to a representative; rude on-line chat; misleading shipping costs !!! should be investigated by the better business bureau. !!!!!!!!!! Reporting your Company!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Kasey

August 14th, 2017 Tampa, FL

The worst customer service. I was having an issue placing an order online. Every time I entered the shipping address, I was never given any shipping options. I called because there site says if you have trouble, call and they will place the order for you. I spoke to an incredibly rude person who told me he could see my order and didn't understand why I could not place the order? He just kept telling me to refresh by browser. I DID ALL OF THAT and still had issues. The chat feature is really a scam. It's a picture of a women, so I thought I would plead my case to her to see if she could help me place my order...turns out it's HIM!!! I know that because the link the person on chat sent me wasn't working either and I had to call them back. The same man answered the phone and said "I sent you a link, you just have to use it" He then tells me that once I send the order over "he'll take care of it??!!" Never using them AGAIN!!

Sean K.

August 10th, 2017 Raritan, NJ

I was frustrated by their refusal to refund my shipping fee, as I had opted for "2nd day shipping" and—as it turns out—"2nd day" was in fact the third day. In my particular case, it was a day too late. Let me elaborate here: To me, selecting "2nd day shipping" means the parcel will be delivered on the second day of travel. As their FAQ states items are shipped out the same day they are ordered if ordered before a cutoff time (3PM EST), if you selected "2nd day shipping," you could expect your parcel to be delivered on the following day. But instead, I was told that 2nd day shipping is in fact "3rd day delivery," and that is somehow the fault of FedEx, not giftbasket.com. If the order processed on the first day and then shipped the next, then okay: I would then expect my "2nd day" shipment to arrive on the third. I don't know what world these people live in, but the current verbiage is unnecessarily misleading and unfortunately led to my basket missing my mother's birthday. Don't make the same mistake I did. Go with a different, more honest, and more upfront company that has a clearly-worded shipping FAQ—one that actually listens when their customers speak up about the quality of their service and seems committed to improving.

Pam Brown

July 29th, 2017

Terrible Customer Service. Took two days for the website to take my question without knocking me out. Chocolates were melted because the insulated bag (that the sender paid a lot extra for) was not closed up before the box was sealed. Also no information inside the box as to who it was from, and Customer Service said they had no way to tell me who it was from. When I asked for a partial refund to the (unkown) sender for the melted chocolates, they said no several times, insisting that they tell customers it's not a good idea to shop chocolates in the summer. But they charge you for an insulated bag and ice pack! UNHELPFUL! And overpriced!

Mark K

June 17th, 2017

Overpriced Deception: Wine received was not wine ordered. Ordered BV Pinot Noir received what appears to be a fictitious wine labeled Cambri vineyards Pinot noir without government warning and alcohol content; federal laws likely broken. Moreover, the wine appears white through the bottle - clearly not Pinot noir!!! Haven't opened it up.

Carol Martin

January 18th, 2017 Hinesville, GA

Do NOT waste your money. They will charge you $59.95 for a basket of 50 snack items. Not bothering to tell you that some of the single serve packages are nothing more than a piece of candy! Box is SOOO not worth the money they charge you! Rip off! Will never order from them again!

Michelle Carlesimo

July 25th, 2016 Daytona Beach, FL

I sent a gift basket of gourmet chocolate to a relative. The package arrived while the person was at home and was opened immediately and found to be completely melted. The sender, GiftBaskets.com, will not do anything except refer me to the delivery company, UPS, for compensation (fat chance with that). My advise, NEVER use this company as their customer service is non-existent.

Deanna L

June 3rd, 2016 Ventura, CA

SCAM!!!!! Thank GOODNESS after my STUPID idea to buy from an unknown site, I called my bank immediately and they tried to call these scammers customer service and knew right away it was a scam and cancelled my card. Seriously you need to CANCEL your card and have a new one issued. Absolutely Shameless

MrSamsunggalaxytab

May 5th, 2016 San Jose, CA

A cake was supposed to be Delivered on my Birthday MAY 4.My wife took the trouble to surprise me by ordering through these fraudsters, and when i got to know about this and asked her about the order number and later when i tracked the order TO MY SURPRISE it was showing delivered. and when i spoke to the customer care representative they told me they can send another cake by 11th of MAY. I have been at my appartment whole day and never received any delivery, THANKS A BUNCH for screwing up my surprise and hope you have the decency to refund the money without further delay

Susan

January 31st, 2016 Santa Barbara, CA

Livid. Ordered very expensive basket for cancer patient only to find out this scam company never delivered it and kept my money. Furthermore I've been calling them all up for a day and then there's nobody there

Jennifer

January 6th, 2016

I am with Annie regarding Gift Basket.com. I ordered a gift basket for my son on Dec.17th for delivery on Dec. 18th which was never received. I called Gift Basket.com back on Dec.18th and told them to cancel the shipment and process my refund. I was advised by a customer rep that 'lucky for me' the shipment was still in their warehouse so they would cancel the order. He also told me 'he' couldn't process my refund and that his manager Richard Gabriel was the only one who could process my refund. I tried for several days to speak with Mr. Gabriel but he would not return any of my calls. I also sent several emails. I was informed by UPS that this shipment was delivered on Jan.5th ( 13 days after I cancelled my shipment) I now find out that I will have to return the gift basket and forfeit the shipping charges which was $50.00 US. My experience with Gift Basket.com has been completely disappointing and frustrating. I am still looking fora higher authority to lodge a formal complaint about their abhorant business practices. Jennifer

Annie

January 5th, 2016 Wilmington, CA

Stay away from this company! I wish I had done more research and found all these reviews before I ordered from them. I ordered two baskets and asked for them to be delivered by December 16 for a company raffle. One came December 18 and the other December 21. I guess at least I got them. But the second basket was the wrong one. I ordered a $100 basket and got one worth $70. They proceeded to tell me it's the right basket. Half the stuff that should have been in it wasn't. After several attempts to resolve the issue, they just stopped communicating with me. This is the worst customer service I have seen. I told them to change their website from 100% customer satisfaction to we really just don't give a crap!

Brooks

January 4th, 2016 Little Rock, AR

Worst company EVER!!! Do not order from them. I ordered a basket of fruit for some friends and asked for it to be delivered on a certain date because our friends were out of town. They delivered the wrong basket 2 weeks before the day I requested and the people were not at home. Spoke with customer service and they will not do anything unless the basket was returned. The customer service supervisor even hung up on me two times. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY

Caroline Scheidemann

January 4th, 2016 Charlotte, NC

I ordered a gift basket on Tuesday 12/22/15 to be delivered to a friend the next day. I later found out that the basket was never delivered. I called multiple times over the holiday weekend but they were closed, understandably. I finally got a response on 12/28 saying that they found my package, UPS had left it behind and did I want it sent now. No, i didn't not want to send an "afterthought" gift basket three days after Christmas. I emailed back saying so, and two more times since the 28th. As of today, 1/4/16, I have received no response, no refund, no gift basket.

Tp

December 30th, 2015

This company is AWFUL. They asked for delivery instructions, then set delivery for a full week later - by end of day on Christmas Eve. There was no communication to advise they could not comply with my delivery request. Then they gave me a faulty tracking number. Worst experience with online ordering ever.

Robert Adams

December 29th, 2015 Whittier, CA

I wish I would have found this sight before placing my order with Giftbaskets.com I ordered a basket on 12/20/2015. As of 12/27/2015 my basket had not been shipped. I called to find out what happened and the customer service person who would not give me t=his name informed me that the package must have been damaged. I asked when someone was going to notify me that this was the case? He ignored the question and proceeded to inform me that the package could be reshipped or cancelled. As this was a Christmas gift I requested that the package be cancelled and my AMEX refunded. Today is 12/29/2015 still no cancellation and no refund, I called back and have been informed that it would take 3-5 days for my refund to be processed. So you take my money right away but take 3-5 days to give it back to me? "Yup" and hung up. Stay away from these guys, they are a joke!

Robert Katanov

December 21st, 2015 Flushing, NY

They got my entire order wrong. Worst customer service I've ever experienced. They didn't even try to correct their mistakes, or refund my money for charging me for things I never received with my order. Never ordering from this site again, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I know.

PM

November 20th, 2015 Story City, IA

Totally unhappy about their shipping policies, specifically in relation to informing the customers about the policies BEFORE THEY pay ridiculous prices for "overnight" delivery that will not arrive for 3 days. I called just seconds after my order to switch the shipping, was informed that the shipping was changed, and TWO HOURS later was told that they were "so sorry, but the package shipped before they could stop it." So, evidence of their agreement to fix the shipping did not stop them from scamming $48.00 for overnight shipping that will definitely not occur overnight. I was "compensated" with a 20% off coupon. Too bad for them, I will NEVER order or recommend their company again. Even if the basket turns out to be delightful.

Jodie S

September 16th, 2015 San Bernardino, CA

My wife placed an order for 3 gift baskets. Received an email that the card was flagged for fraudulent activity. Order was cancelled. Several hours later I placed the order with a completely different debit card for the same 3 gift baskets with overnight delivery for an extra $49. Received an order #. The next day I spoke with a customer service agent to confirm the order was recieved and shipped. Customer Service told me it had shipped. An hour later I received 2 e mails from them saying that the order had been cancelled and refunded due to supposed fraudulent activity, yet I was never called by either my bank or my wife's bank. Even though I needed it that day all Evelyn told me was that I could place the order again via PayPal. Then spoke to the "owner" Richard and he said that was it, stop bothering them and hung up on me. Great customer service

Nan

September 3rd, 2015 Brooklyn, NY

Terrible baby basket. I like to support local business in NJ since I'm from NJ. However will not use this company again. The baby basket with the hamper and monkey accessories I ordered online for my niece's baby was nothing like what was received. The company sent an entire different basket, and nothing was included with the baby monkey accessories what was advertised. When I called them they said the vendor had changed, and they have not been carrying the hamper for months and those baby monkey accessories. Why is it still on the website! They said they have the right to substitute, but why is the entire baby basket substituted!! I email them the photo of the basket that I picket on their website, and the actually basket my niece received. Very disappointing.

Dr richard wohl

June 2nd, 2015 Palm Desert, CA

May be the worst ever: my daughter sent basket of chocolates for father's day and they arrived on a hot day, delivered from a hot uPs truck totally melted. Not soft, but completely liquid. I called their customer service number and the first time, the automated message was followed by an automated "thank you" and hung up. Second call there was background conversation, then disconnected. Third time finally reached agent who insisted I ship the basket back while we are leaving town the next day for 7 weeks. Not surprisingly, I see all the other complaints of poor service and merchandise, including expired food items. How do they stay in business?

Lina

April 24th, 2015 Katy, TX

I got a basket as a gift for my baby girl (she was a new born). The basket I'm pretty sure was not cheap and the products that were inside looked like they got it from a dollar store. But the worst was that one of the products was expired.

Christina

February 20th, 2015 New York, NY

I placed an order for a birthday gift basket from their website. I received an "order complete" email at 10am with a UPS tracking number and then a vague voice mail at 4:40pm to call them back by 5pm or the next day. I checked the UPS tracking and it never left the seller's location. I called back the next day and they were like "oh the item is out of stock, what do you want to do?" REALLY???? So how on earth did they send me an "order complete" email with a UPS tracking number before they even checked their inventory? At this point, I don't trust them to place another order and will dispute the charge with my credit card if they do not cancel this order that shows "complete" in their system. What a bunch of misfits running the show over there! Oh, and no apologies from them for the inconvenience either. BUYER BEWARE.

BettiJo

December 30th, 2014

I will never recommend Giftbaskets.com My experience was dreadful. I purchased 2 baskets on Dec 15th paid 3 day shipping on both. Dec 18th came and went with no delivery to either recipient. I have been on the phone with them 5 times since. Today in Dec 30th and still no deliveries have been made. Enough is Enough. Today I asked for a full refund and in the process I lost $25.00 for a restocking fee. My experience with Giftbaskets.com was unbelievable. I just ordered baskets from Harry & David, they may be a little more pricey but you get what you pay for and as in the past my recipients always got their gift.