MyTrees.com

MyTrees.com

MyTrees.com has made the concept of “databases freely given will be freely shared” as their policy. Like other website that are devoted to doing genealogical research MyTrees.com has linked their site to others in order to enable their users to access billions of names. They have been in business for over ten years and pride themselves on being able to manage large genealogical archives.

The Good

• Collaboration

MyTrees.com provides a place for genealogists and family historians alike to collaborate and share their resources. Users can discover new family lines through MyTrees.com databank. Other highlights about MyTrees.com include:

• Free newsletter
  • Ability to connect with professional genealogists
  • U.S. and international census records
  • International records from 37 countries
  • Ability to upload a GEDCOM file
  • View, share, download, and print your family tree directly from the website
  • Organize your family index
  • Free genealogy software
  • Free charts and forms
  • $20 per month

The Bad

• Website
  • Media uploads
  • Video tutorials

While MyTrees.com has offers users some positive resources, the website in general is messy and not very organized. When users search the site, they will notice that they do not have features that other sites offer.

One of the biggest downsides of using MyTrees.com is that you cannot upload pictures or other media to make your family tree come to life. There are no message boards or other ways to communicate and connect with other MyTrees.com users, but there is a feature that allows you to connect with professional genealogists.

They do not offer any video tutorials to help users with their site features.

MyTrees.com has hundreds of millions of records, but if you are willing to spend a little more money you can use other sites that have billions of records. Their records are limited compared to other sites.

The Bottom Line

We would not recommend MyTrees.com for doing genealogical research. The simple truth is that your money will be better spent at other websites that offer superior features. MyTrees.com has good intentions, but can not stand up against sites with more resources available. They have been in business for almost 20 years and provide a free newsletter to their users, but overall we suggest looking at our top recommended company to do your genealogy work.

3 MyTrees.com Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

September 6th, 2016 Logandale, NV

MyTrees.com has a marvelous online genealogy program where I can upload not only my pedigree, but pictures and historical records grouped by named albums. Then, I can easily make changes and additions to my own personal pedigree. They do not merge my family tree with any other family trees uploaded by others - a feature I really like. Their customer service has always been responsive and helpful. They have just recently released a charting program that allows me to make beautiful family charts, such as pedigree and descendant charts - even using my own photos as background. Their search capability can't be compared to. I can search their site without even knowing the name of the person I'm search for, by using just family relationships. I highly recommend MyTrees.com.

August 9th, 2016

The site is very confusing and hard to find anything. Not worth the money. Do not answer your emails at all. Wasted my money!! Don't do the same

May 27th, 2016 Lee, MA

A disappointing experience. Nothing makes sense.