Find a Grave Logo
LAST UPDATED: August 30th, 2021

Company has not yet verified this profile. We recommend researching the top companies shown below:

Alicia Turner Denver, CO

Find a grave allows you to see your ancestors grave. It allows you to see pictures and to attach them to other accounts like family search and ancestry. It is a great source to find and attach needed documents!!

Jackie Spokane, WA

This is a wonderful website with so much helpful information for researching family history!! I have found the gravesite information for several ancestors which then helped me identify other family members through family burial records.

Kori Travis FL

If I am ever looking for the location of a grave this site will have it. This site also lists the details as well

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

What a fantastic website and service for genealogists! Gone are the days of having to travel to obtain information on our ancestors. Findagrave is an easy to use website. Enter your ancestors basic information and find their gravesite information, photos of headstones and links to their family members.

Nicole Johnson Portland, OR

What a neat service. Find a Grave seems to be opening doors to people who wouldn't be able to travel in order to find a specific grave. I love that everyday people can go around and add to Find a Grave as well with their own pictures!

Lewis w findley jr

I have known that find a grave has been on line for many years, but I was just recently able to trace my ancestry , through my paternal great grandmother , to a couple born in England in the early 18th century, 1720 and 1730 specifically, Perceval and Sara Clay, who moved to North Carolina, thank you find a grave, Lewis W Findley Jr, Port Wentworth Ga

Valerie Beus Richland, WA

Among the different family history sites, Find a Grave is helpful because you can’t always travel to look for a specific family member’s grave. But this makes it easy to search, and it helped us find some specific dates we were looking for of one of my great-grandfathers. The site itself is pretty user friendly.

Mary Alice M. Orem, UT

I like that when you get on their website that you can search right from the home page. You don't have to find some obscure place where you can enter information it's all just right there.

Lydia Griffin American Fork, UT

I love family history, geneaology and anything history related. My main source to do family history is on Familysearch.org .... If I ever need to find a picture of someones grave, to put it on their account. I immediately come to find a grave first to see if it is on here.

Tami Allen Gilbert, AZ

Find a Grave has been a lifesaver so many times in my genealogy research! I don't even remember what we used to do without it--oh yes, we had to trek to the cemetery and find and take pictures of the gravestones ourselves!! This website makes it possible for me to do a simple search on Family Search or Ancestry, and find a picture of my relative's grave in areas all over the world without having to leave my office. Truly remarkable convenience and such a great service.

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

My moms information on this site was incorrect and the person who claimed her to be in charge of her information was a stranger that none of us family members new. This should not be allowed and information should be correct. The place they said my mom died was not correct.

Mark Troxel Provo, UT

The advantage of find a grave is that there is a lot of data on grave sites around the US. There is some good information on headstones if the pictures are attached. Dates and names are sometimes incorrect depending on the condition of the headstone. But being able to view the headstone can confirm what info you have.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

This is such an amazing resource to help find ancestors! I have found out so much information and seen pictures of my ancestors grave sites without having to travel.

Sara Jane Crestwood, KY

A Valuable service for genealogy hunters. I have found many ancestor burial records using Find-a-grave. The website is easy to use. The ability to search individual cemeteries yields great results.

Jim Stewart Queen Creek, AZ

Couldn't do my research without this information. The people that photograph headstones and input obituaries have helped our family tree grow and connect us. Pictures are worth alot.

Heather Barney Logan, UT

Find A Grave has been a great resource for me as I have been studying my genealogy. We have been traveling around visiting cemeteries of my ancestors the past for years and Find a Grave has made the process much easier.

Rommie Bishop III Rexburg, ID

Find a grave really does contain a whole host of gravestones which have had their pictures taken. I found a few of my family member's graves on there (which helped my family history a ton). The website is a little corny, sure, but that's not why I use them.

GrandpaRod Lehi, UT

I like the ease by which I can find a grave of my relatives and for the additional information it provides about my loved ones. I wish I knew more about the elves who go out and take these pictures, catalog them and serve us. Thank you.

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

4 years ago, I was given the opportunity to help a good friend with a project that he was working on. As part of this project, we went to a local cemetery and took pictures of every single grave using the "Find a Grave" App. We were able to record over 500 graves. Seeing this information help people to find their ancestors has been amazing! I would recommend checking it out.

Katie Howard Pleasant Grove, UT

This is a really cool website where you can look for headstones all over the world that people have taken pictures of and submitted. I was trying to get information on a certain ancestor and wasn't having much luck, but on this site I actually found a picture of his gravesite. The headstone gave information on his death date that was really helpful. I love the collaborative aspect of this site.

Measton Gilbert, AZ

Wonderful website with very interesting information. The webpage does seem outdated but I found myself lost in the names of people from so long ago. From graveyards in rural Vermont, to populated New York City these graves and names are so easily accessible and it really is a interesting website.

Joy Henry Pleasant Grove, UT

I had never used the site until about 6 months ago when my husband was trying to find his birth family. We were able to find the name of a grandparent which allowed us to find more information within the deceased obituary. Very Helpful!

Kim Millett Lindon, UT

Find a Grave is so awesome. I am a Family History Specialist and I have found many treasures in Find A Grave. I love that it allows you to check for others with the same last name in the same cemetery. I love that it links family members together.

Marilyn Greer Saint George, UT

I haven't found any of my ancestors but have found many for other people I am helping. It is especially useful when there is an obituary. I love that you can find all people in a particular graveyard with the same last name.

RODNEY R ADAMS

I wanted to search the cemetery where I believed a friend had been buried in the early 1970s. I was correct, and the site was verified through the website Find a Grave.

Kristen Gonzalez Logan, UT

It’s fun to find relatives you didn’t know you had with this service. Found people we are related to in cemeteries we’d visited for years. Had no idea!!

Heather Anderson Providence, UT

This website has helped me so much in dling family history research!! I have actually connected many of my lines because I was able to prove information with a headstone.

Myah Freeman Jacksonville, FL

I used this website to find my grandfather's gravesite on my mother's side. I was surprised at how many of my family member's graves this site had. It was very heart touching.

Patrick Curry Salt Lake City, UT

I was doing family research and couldn't remember the exact dates of my grandpa's birth and death so I used this tool to track down his headstone. Such a great tool and easy to use

kaylee Salt Lake City, UT

Find a grave is really great. It saves so much time! Instead of traveling across the country to find a grave, you can do it right on your phone! It makes family history so much easier!!!

kayshel Herriman, UT

I have located many pictures of graves of my ancestors on this site -- it is adding more all the time and I get notifications from ancestry that they found a new picture for my line.

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

Find A Grave has helped answer so many genealogical questions that I've had....all due to their vast database of graves. It's awesome to upload those gravestones and help others around the world.

Bryndie Managua, MN

Super cool to connect another thing to people in your family tree. There’s something about seeing someone’s grave that makes them feel more real instead of just a name on a website. Find a Grave is very organized and it’s a great addition to anyone interested in genealogy.

Aunt Cathy Bay Saint Louis, MS

Just so cool.. Doesn't matter if you're looking for a family member or friend, find out things you didnt 'know.. get to see the paper obit and just brings a smile to your face that , even if death is keeping you apart.

April American Fork, UT

This website is quite helpful in finding family members, but it can lead you astray at times. While doing my family history work for my church calling, I would use this website often. However I think it is beginning to become outdated and give out some less that accurate information

Kate Gregory Pleasant Grove, UT

Find a Grave has been awesome. I have never seen my grandparents' headstone in person, but I was able to see it because of this website. I have been able to prove several genealogical facts because of them as well.

Grant American Fork, UT

This website has been a valuable resource in my genealogy research on family members who I haven’t found a lot of details on. I have used this application, and it is very easy and information to use.

Christine Farmer Littleton, CO

I have used Find a Grave many times while working on family history. I find it user friendly. I love the pictures of the headstones, if they are available. These can lead to more information! Very useful site.

Valarie Heaps Lehi, UT

I was looking for my grandmother's death date and information so that I could update my family history and found a picture of her headstone on find a grave. I was really excited and grateful for the information.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

I really like find a grave because I have been able to verify birth and death dates and even names. I like that there are actual pictures of the grave. I also like their searching capabilities.

Angela Nelson Pleasant Grove, UT

I have gotten fabulous information off Find a Grave. It is so great to be able to see the gravestones of ancestors and get accurate birth and death dates. I have also used Find a Grave to find gravestones in old cemeteries based on other objects in the picture. It is really a treasure trove in info that more people should take advantage of.

Boston Whipple Provo, UT

I found the interface easy to use and I was able to find the grave I was looking for. It has an amazing number of grave images and most of the information I saw was accurate.

Tamara Jackson

We participate in taking photos for this website. it is a lot of fun and good to help people who cant see their loved ones graves.

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

This has been nice to find my grandparents grave. They are buried across the country. Also I have gotten to see my ancestors that are buried across the United States

Myra Howes Provo, UT

This website has been so helpful and has greatly helped me to locate and find even more relatives to add to my family tree. I love that this service exists!

Ed Clark Mesa, AZ

I am appreciative of the extensive burial records that Find A Grave maintains. I have used their records many times to help me in my genealogical research.

Don Boren American Fork, UT

I have used this to look for headstones and grave sites on Memorial Day Holidays. It is surprisingly accurate and it leads you right to the site you are looking for.

Miles Strother American Fork, UT

Find a Grave is another great site for finding grave information, useful in doing ancestry research. It's website can have some glitches occasionally, but overall it's very useful

Lindsey A Brown Lehi, UT

Some family and I were traveling and we wanted to find an ancestors grave so for the first time we used Find a Grave and it was awesome. It totally worked! I will definitely use it again in the future.

Maya Lewis Pleasant Grove, UT

This website helped me find the grave of the ancestor I am named after. I had no idea where it would be in the cemetery, so I am grateful for this website.