Company has not yet verified this profile. We recommend researching the top companies shown below:

FamilySearch.org chevron_right
4.8
Ancestry.com chevron_right
4.1
Find a Grave chevron_right

4.1

Rachel Butler

January 30th, 2021 Provo, UT

It Works well, has information on it that is unique and is reliable information.

Alexa Cooper

January 29th, 2021 Provo, UT

I loved seeing photos of all the tombstones! Especially of famous people or your ancestors. Cool stuff.

Rani Halliday

January 25th, 2021 Spring Branch, TX

I had the opportunity to utilize the app over the weekend - fantastic! It's very easy to use and the database is huge. Great idea!

Jared

January 22nd, 2021 Provo, UT

I recently started using BillionGraves and am very impressed with the functionality and user interface so far! I only wish it would let you upload a picture you've already taken. I'm looking forward to a more in-depth experience!

Missy

September 4th, 2020 Charleston, IL

I'm super impressed with BillionGraves and the service they offer. I love that each grave is embedded with a GPS location. It's also nice that anyone can contribute to the database by taking pictures at a local cemetery and/or transcribing those photos.

ltrain8796

February 17th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Being able to do family history is so interesting. But, BillionGraves does it on a whole other level. Being able to see the headstone makes it so real to me.

Camille

February 8th, 2020 Lynnwood, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A very cool app to aid genealogy work. You can find gravestone info with it to aid genealogy. Super cool!

Myra Howes

December 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

I love that this service exists. It has helped me so much to feel secure in the information I put on my family tree.

Max Haynie

November 26th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

It's a really easy way to find graves of people you care about. It's cool to see pictures and how much info they have.

Rushie Gregory

October 21st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Billion Graves for a service project and I loved working with them to share information about my ancestors and other people's ancestors. Through this, we were able to see the headstones of some of my ancestors including my mom's grandparents and great grandparents.

Amy Boren

October 6th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used the site to look up when a few of my ancestors were buried and it was very helpful and easy to use.

Kate Gregory

October 3rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

Awesome site! My girls have volunteered to take photos of graves nearby because they saw the benefit.

Sherry Arnold

October 2nd, 2019 Alpine, UT

I learned about this site from a cousin and have only used it a few times. But the information is very interesting and helpful.

Miles Strother

September 29th, 2019 American Fork, UT

BillionGraves is a good resource for finding information on deceased ancestors. The website is fairly easy to use, and there's a good amount of unique information to make it worth a visit when looking for information.

Jacob Shaner

June 9th, 2019

This has been a very good site to use. It has a similar function to FindAGrave. Their website is generally easy to use and their database has been quickly growing. I recommend using this site.

kelsey

February 5th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

BillionGraves is a great site to help you find ancestors that you never knew existed and that aren't in any system but this one. i would like it better if you didn't have to create an account if you just wanted to find names for fun.

Lori Fletcher

January 30th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

BillionGraves has been a great starter for my kids to get started on family history. It’s fairly easy to type names and dates from headstones. The website is a bit cluttered though.

Rischelle Mikkelson

November 15th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BillianGraves is a great site for genealogy with lots of records. I like how I can search name, birth or death dates, as well as an entire cemetery.

Kim Millett

August 21st, 2018 Lindon, UT

Billions of Graves is very helpful in finding accurate death dates and accurate spellings of peoples names. I love to see exactly where my relatives are buried. Often I am able to find other relatives in the same cemetery

Art Subit

August 2nd, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

*** UPDATE *** PayPal agreed with my complaint and the full price has been refunded. Should you experience this - regardless of stated policy - I recommend opening a dispute with PayPal or your CC company. Certainly, there are people who are quite satisfied with the product. However, everyone needs to be aware that signing up begets a NO REFUND POLICY. It took about an hour of test queries with KNOWN RESULTS for past research to learn that the system is of no use to me. BTW, I teach genealogy at TCU. I immediately asked for a refund and learned of the NO REFUND POLICY. I'm waiting for PayPal to force a refund this week. An ethical company would not be so deceitful. This is a planned ripoff as most of us are accustomed to web businesses who offer trial programs and quickly refund payments. I used Evernote and after harnessing its power to organize my genealogy notes I no longer needed it. I cancelled and expected no refund on the annual subscription. It worked and support was like rubbing the genie's lamp. Absolute commitment and friendly staff. The company surprised me with a full refund! That is how one gains massive word of mouth exposure.

Marilyn Greer

July 23rd, 2018 Saint George, UT

This site is very helpful in doing genealogy. I use it often.

CATHERINE A TONELLI

June 4th, 2018 Kaukauna, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up last year at a reduced rate so that I could determine if the information provided was helpful. It was not. I have been using Find A Grave for several years which has much valuable information. and expected that BillionGraves would have even more information available. BillionGraves had less information and was not useful to me. I stopped using it almost immediately. Much to my surprise, two days ago my PayPal account was charged $29.97 as a "preapproved payment" for another year of service. It's very difficult to find information on how to cancel. I've written to "support" and have not heard from them. Signing up is easy. Cancelling it not! . My advice is to avoid signing up for BillionGraves or you may end up paying for a service you are not using. -------------------------------- BillionGraves has now responded, almost a week after I wrote, informing me that they sent me a renewal notice on May 12, for renewal on May 28. I checked through my back emails and found it. I never opened the email and deleted it because I was not using the service. They will not issue a refund because they gave me notice. Their site does not make cancellation and easy process and they will not bend the rules for a dissatisfied user.

Tom

January 18th, 2018 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love BillionGraves. The app is really easy to use and with the GPS guidance you can be guided within feet of a grave site. The website is constantly growing by thousands of new records each month. I needed a photo of my Dad's grave since I had not been back since the headstone was placed. The cemetery was 1500 miles away. I requested someone take the photo for me and within 2 days I had it. Wow! I don't think it is always that fast, but it sure worked well for me. I was able to find an uncles grave in Oregon and his son that I did not even know about. Since 70% of people are buried in family plots, the grouping the GPS provides really helps to identify families.

Coleen Daniels

November 11th, 2017 Myersville, MD

My son just used Billiongraves for his Eagle Project. He uploaded about 500 grave sites using this app. He was able to show people on the spot how to use it for his project on their phones. For the most part pretty user friendly and easy to move around the app. We have had trouble trying to figure out how to have the transcribing show up that was done. I think this is a great site.

T

November 6th, 2017 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BillionGraves is a wonderful source for information. Much better then FindAGrave. I see many people are upset over their subscription but it's not hard to understand that it auto-renews. BillionGraves is very transparent and shows how to cancel the Auto Renewal. Microsoft Office has the same style of subscription. My overall Assessment is that this site is worth it and might even be undervaluing their product with 59.99 for a whole year. Their customer service is excellent as they have two areas of support. If your sitting on the fence about buying let me assure you its worth the buy!

Claire Miller

September 13th, 2017

BillionGraves.com is advertised as a free service. It was free, however it wasn't very good. I searched for something I knew, namely my father's burial place. BillionGraves.com showed me a picture of his tombstone and some sparse information. Then they also showed the tombstone of a WOMAN with the same surname, but completely different first name. There was none of the additional helpful information that you see on findagrave.com, which also supplies a memorial number, to help you store information in your genealogy program. The real problem with BillionGraves.com is that it is a bait-and-switch website. Along with my father's burial information, there was a list of four subscriptions sites -- Archives.com (with 4,805,968 hits), OneGreatFamily.com (with 1,060,000 hits), GenealogyBank.com (with thousands of references), and Newspapers.com (with hits in many states where my father never set foot). An impossibly high number of promised hits should be the researcher's first clue that these are bogus sites with inefficient search filters. Of course all four subscription sites promise a "free trial offer." But you have to give them your credit card information first. Then you have to remember to cancel before the trial period ends. My advice ... stick with findagrave.com. They aren't selling anything.

Sandi Hudson

September 11th, 2017

It wasn't until I was checking my bank statement that I discovered I even had a subscription at Billion Graves. My card had been charged with my knowledge with no warning, no reminder, no email, nothing. My email to their "Priority" support only got me a copy-and-paste reply that had absolutely nothing to do with my questions. My second email didn't get a response at all. Do NOT sign up here folks! You'll get no support and no refund when you're charged without your knowledge.