Ancestry.com Logo

Annie Orr Provo, UT

My family and I have loved using ancestry.com together to find our family and learn more about our genealogy! It's an amazing site that is simple to use and effective in finding people!

Madalyn Johnson Provo, UT

Ancestry.com is the best place for finding out more about your family history! It is very easy, simple and user friendly too!

Shayla Hankins Lehi, UT

Ancestry helped me find not only who my ancestors were, but where they came from and where they died. It also showed me pictures of them and their tombstones. Ancestry let me know what my genealogy was to the smallest percentage.

Hailey Nilson Salt Lake City, UT

Ancestry.com has completely changed my life. My mom and I were interested to see where we came from, and with a little research we found out some incredible things about our family. The program is easy to use and so much fun!

Kymberlee Yack Orem, UT

My family loves ancestry. We've been using them for years. It's helped us locate other long distance members of our family. I also did the DNA kit and it was so interesting to see where I originate from.

R. Wilkes Memphis, TN

Poor shipment delivery service. Purchased two DNA kits from Ancestry.com who uses UPS to pickup and deliver shipment to destination city. At destination city, UPS transfers the shipment to USPS for home delivery. That logistical hand-off proves to be inefficient and can add days to final delivery time. As for my shipment, UPS delivered it to the correct city but the wrong post office location. Instead of transferring the shipment to the correct local post office for delivery, USPS forwarded the shipment to another city 200 miles away for a delivery date 3 days later! Yes, USPS shipped it 200 miles away, to ship it back 200 miles for delivery. Genius! When I called Ancestry.com the customer service rep told me that this was a USPS issue, not Ancestry.com. I purchased the DNA kit from Ancestry.com, who selected this UPS/USPS tandem for its delivery option. So, yes, this IS an Ancestry.com issue. So, please lower your standards and expectations for shipment delivery from Ancestry.com/UPS/USPS. I would suggest exploring 23 & Me who may have a better shipment and delivery process. P.S. I asked the customer service rep if by chance my order does not arrive within the delivery window outlined by Ancestry.com could I cancel my order for a refund. She said, yes, but there would be a $25 restock fee. What? As the customer I have to pay a fee for Ancestry.com's/UPS/USPS mistake and poor logistics model? In good faith, I cannot recommend Ancestry.com to a friend based on its poor delivery and customer service (deflection of the problem onto USPS).

Katie Marz Orem, UT

I have had such a good experience on ancestry.com. I love that they send you little packets to get your dna and then you can find out exactly your heritage. So fun to spend a lot of time on.

Autumn Kallunki Provo, UT

I have been able to find out a lot about my genealogy through them. I typically recommenced them to friends for genealogy and I've had a good experience.

Carl Weil Elizabeth, CO

Each of Ancestry's very late reply's starts out "our apology" unbelievably it goes down hill from there three months Five broken promises to fix, expedite and get me a report- still noting but apologies and more broken promises! "the sample was not usable" "we forgot to send you a replacement" "we will expedite and rush your report" [days after promised date and still nothing] Horrible- go else where

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

I got my mom a six-month ancestry membership for her birthday, and since then her and I have been addicted to tracing back our family tree and see as far back as it goes. It’s really cool to see where my family is come from, and this was well worth it!

Jorden Laird Front Royal, VA

I first signed up for ancestry because I was adopted and wanted to learn a little bit more about myself. I ended up finding extending family and information from my adopted family. The family tree feature has been SO MUCH FUN to use.

arlan kickbush Colesburg, IA

had my dna tested and was was surprised to see 64% of my dna came from great britain . now you have changed it to 10% GB. THIS IS SO CALLED DNA. this is too big of a flip flop to take. don't believe a thing you say. arlan kickbush

Mildred Carter Woodbridge, VA

Ancestry is REALLY cool, just because of the built in family tree tool. I literally traced my father's side back generations in the span of a day. The documents, the birth records - it's all fascinating, especially from a history standpoint.

Melinda American Fork, UT

Ancestry has been very helpful in filling gaps in my family tree. I appreciate the many documents that I can access through ancestry. I find the site easy to understand and navigate.

Erin American Fork, UT

fairly nice way to find your ancestors. i got a little confused with the lay but i ended up understanding and finding my family has never been easier.

Cori Jacobsen Ollerton Alpine, UT

The DNA kits are a wonderful gift. I purchased them for my entire family. It was educational as well as a fun family event. Our results were surprising as well.

Grant American Fork, UT

I use Ancestry to store my family genealogy research. I love the ease of navigating the website, and the different ways that my family tree can be formatted.

Hadley American Fork, UT

It has a really nice feature where it lets you look at other people's family trees, which is very helpful when I do my family history.

Samuel Alpine, UT

Ancestry.com is a great service. It helps you find your relatives and people who you never even knew existed. I would highly suggest trying it out. It's easy to use and you're sure to love it so give it a try.

Shawn American Fork, UT

Ancestry is a great company for genealogy. Their platform is friendly and easy to use. I have worked on and viewed my family tree a few times. I also like their genetic testing and just sent off a package to see where family origins are from.

HLG American Fork, UT

Great product. I use Family Search for my family tree, but we used these guys for a DNA test. It basically confirmed what we already knew which was nice.

Nancy L. Sandy, UT

I have visited Ancestry.com many times and always found them easy to access, full of valuable information and always available. I highly recommend them!

Kate Gregson Gilbert, AZ

This service has connected my family with so many more family members who we were not even aware of. I recommend this service to anyone looking to be more connected with their family members and their heritage.

Jobie Goodro Orem, UT

Love Ancestry! Great way to learn about my history and connect with my ancestors and relatives. Easy to do genealogy and see what other have done as well.

Katie Kearney Vienna, VA

My sister and I did this and it was so cool to learn about our ancestry! There were so many things we did not know and I was amazed how much information they were able to send! If you haven't done this yet, I highly recommend it!

Shane Alpine, UT

Ancestry.com has a well organized website. They have setup everything so that it is easy to access and update information about your ancestors. Very helpful site!

Justin Alpine, UT

Ancestry.com may be a little bit confusing at first, but once you get a hang of it, you can do so much on it. It holds so much information about people's ancestors which can be very hard to find. It is also very well organized!

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

Such a grey oroduct and so many resources. It makes searching for my ancestors easy and joyful. Their DNA testing is fun and helps with research.

Rachel B Eagle Mountain, UT

I’d recommend this website to anyone, easy and quick to use and very informational on my ancestors.

Nathan hanzel Saratoga Springs, UT

Ancestry has a lot of helpful third-party software that you can use to help find who is in your family!

Cody Enslow Pleasant Grove, UT

They have a good website that can be navigated easily which is good for their demographic.

Randal hyde Springfield, MO

Ancestry is easy to use, provides a helpful service that everyone can use and can help you find your relatives. I would highly recommend if you are interested in family history.

Melanie Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

We have access to Ancestry.com through our membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is amazing and easy to use to research our ancestors. Love it

Mary West Jordan, UT

I've used Ancestry.com many times before and have always been impressed with their reservoir of information

Maya Lewis Pleasant Grove, UT

I love being able to research and connect with my ancestors through Ancestry.com. They have so many amazing tools and resources all available at your fingertips.

Angela Nelson Pleasant Grove, UT

I use Ancestry along with FamilySearch.org to do all my family history. Ancestry has a great collection of records and is always adding more. Also, I did the Ancestry DNA kit and I love having links to new relatives. I am still trying to put all the pieces together, but I am now in contact (messaging through Ancestry) with so many new relatives I never knew I had.

Brinly Harward American Fork, UT

It has been so cool to be able to take DNA tests to see where my lineage comes from. And I can just do the test at home and send in the results so it makes it very beneficial for me.

Irene Anders Folsom, CA

Love this site. It is quite expensive but has many positives. You can create your own tree and control access to other people. It provides hints for more information and documentation. Invaluable if you are in to searching for ancestors.

Sam Anders Orem, UT

A lot of my family and I have taken the AncestryDNA test and I have the All Access subscription with them. While the DNA test is accurate, I feel that they rely on their marketing to make up for the science not being all there yet. For that, I've seen a lot of people disappointed in their results. As for the subscription service, I find it worth the price if you are >3 generation American and Genealogy is your main hobby. With so many records made available digitally, it's made the process easier. For someone just getting started, I recommend doing at most a 6 month subscription for the US Discovery subscription and don't forget to cancel. For monthly subscriptions, they can be really stingy about refunding you even if you try reaching out immediately after being charged for a new month.

Susan Pleasant Grove, UT

Love the worldwide access. Grateful for hints that pop up immediately. Like the trees can be shared.

Alicia Larsen Gilbert, AZ

Despite the annual fee, Ancestry is the best paid family history site, hands down. Tons of records (and many different records than what you can get for free on FamilySearch), the ability to connect with other people, and their DNA service which is the biggest (by FAR) in the industry, helping you connect with other DNA relatives to learn more about your own roots. I'm a huge fan.

Deborah Hyde Springfield, MO

I was adopted and never knew my true heritage. Ancestry help me find out where my ancestors came from. Thanks for helping me acquire this information!

Bethany Simko Pleasant Grove, UT

I love the look and the ease of use. This is a very important service and they display it in a genuine and respectable way.

Steve schramm Salem, UT

Many services are available but it can become expensive. Interesting to find potential relatives

Karlee Schramm Pleasant Grove, UT

Ancestry.com is a very useful app/website. It allows me to access my ancestors and can trace back really far. I am also allowed to add information about my ancestors that I later learn about. This app is so useful and lets many people be able to track their own ancestors very easily. Overall I love this app!

Mike San Diego, CA

Encouraged to submit my family tree after DNA testing. Decided it was a good idea to have it posted so others could learn from it and I could learn something new. Some of it was done by professional genealogists. 10 months later and my family tree has not appeared on the ancestry.com trees. I'm the only one who can access the information, and I already know it. It was a big waste of time for me to submit information. I have called 4 times to find out why. Many different excuses, but problem is never fixed. Once someone hung up on me.

P.A. Scott Atlanta, GA

I was thrilled about this when it first came out. So interesting. I thought I would try it out. I was excited about the results too, they seemed accurate and detailed. HOWEVER, recently they claimed to have re-tested my original sample, and now have lumped me into just 2 ethnic areas. The sub-cultures I had before, were all gone now. What happened to those? My level of trust for them has decreased dramatically. I think there is something 'flawed' here. I used to get DNA testing to friends and family as unique gifts. Not anymore! I'm sorry you let me down. I feel duped!

Sofie Rosenvall Alpine, UT

Ancestry.com makes filling out your family tree a breeze. It has been so much fun to find ancestors that have passed on before me. Fun to see pics of gravesites, and learn more about my heritage... I also like the way multiple people can be working on the same family member and we can each enter all the info we have found... I also did the DNA test and I loved the results... Such a great company!

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

I have had so many questions on my quest to finding my ancestors. Fortunately there customer service team is very patient and helpful!

Jo Lars Pleasant Grove, UT

I bought my husband the DNA testing kit through Ancestry.com. It arrived in the mail quickly and once he sent his sample in, the results came back quickly as well. He enjoyed learning more about his heritage through his DNA results.