Ancestry.com Logo

Cathie Chavez Banning, CA

A good site to use very easy to use,very comfortable to use i have no complaints about their company

BLF Pleasant Grove, UT

Ancestry has a wide ranch of services that we like to use to find our loved ones who have died. They have an easy website to use that is not complicated to use.

Scott Orem, UT

I have fiddled around and experimented on Ancestry.com and really enjoy my time when doing so. Its really interesting to learn about your ancestors and where you come from. I have found a better sense of family pride since signing up on Ancestry.

Dean Ogden, UT

Ancestry.com has been a very interesting experience. If you are a diehard genealogy researcher Im not quite sure if they would be for you but being a novice it was super interesting to get lost in what they have to offer. It has been a fun experience but since I don't know if I will do a ton of it, I don't know if the cost will be worth it.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used this site many times and they are very up to date with their information and content. I have lots of information on my ancestors there and I like that they show where they came from and map things out. Easy to add to and many learning tools to take advantage of. I especially like the DNA options.

Jeremy Mesa, AZ

A perfect service and a must use if you’re trying to compile records and find your ancestors.

Jennifer Ogden, UT

I have always really enjoyed doing genealogy but it wasn't until I found ancestry.com that I got absolutely hooked. The resources they offer will blow your mind and even if you haven't ever done it before they have guides to help. It has been especially fun finding more and more relatives and seeing who in history I am actually related to. I would recommend anyone to ancestry.com.

Gary Rohrbaugh Payson, UT

Very user friendly! There is massive amounts of information and help to assist you in you genealogical efforts.

Lisa

TERRIBLE COMPANY Just TRY to cancel out of your subscription!!!!! DISGUSTING

Allison Driggs Salt Lake City, UT

Ancestry.com is absolutely wonderful. So easy to use and is so meaningful to life! Love it!

Dan Saint Charles, MO

I received several messages notifying me of the great progress and it would only be two weeks before receiving my results. Well that when on for weeks until I received a very unwelcoming notice that I had to request a new kit as the sample failed. Spending about three wasted and frustrating hours on the phone with customer service a supervisor who seemed very accommodating said she would work on my refund and call me back in twenty minutes. That never happened and when I called back and spoke with my third representative I was told there was no notes in the system. Given they work from home she couldn’t see what supervisor may have spoken with me. No apologies in their request or sorry for the inconvenience, we will send a new kit out. No everything was put back on the customer. They are the absolute worst I have ever dealt with.

Alexander Miropolsky Westford, MA

1. Pretty expensive 2. DNA results are so broad, so meaningless 3. Databases very limited 4. Customer service awful

Bambi Lynn Schroepfer

For the most part ok. Search engines are frustating

SHERRY K HASTY

Love this company. Finding ancestors and ancestors of friends has been a simple proces..

divan Chino, CA

I ordered a DNA kit to be sent to a cousin in Washington however the kit was sent to me instead (at the billing address). The order status info on Ancestry and my confirmation email clearly states the correct shipping address. I spoke with Kimberly at Ancestry who stated this has happened in the past. She apologized but stated if I wanted my cousin to receive the kit, I'd have to send it to her. I asked to have a shipping label sent to me, but was told they don't provide those. Really? Ancestry ships a DNA kit to the wrong address and it's the consumer's responsibility to forward it to the correct address??? I'd already been charged $9.95 by Ancestry to ship the test, but now they expect me to pay additional shipping fees? I asked Kimberly for the address to Ancestry headquarters. When she asked why, I informed her I planned to file a complaint. She provided Ancestry.com/Support saying I would find the info there. I explained that I'd already read that page and it didn't have any contact info for the company. Her comment? "that's all I'm allowed to give". If you look on Ancestry.com you'll notice there is NO contact information whatsoever. Apparently they want you to pay exorbitant fees for membership but don't want those members to ask for assistance - even when they're the cause of the problem.

Christy Suguturaga Orem, UT

I have not used this product but I plan too. I am hoping to wait until they get a larger Polynesian database. I think it’s a little pricey for enough Polynesians to do it. I don’t like that when I look at the results and it just shows a general region. So some day when those regions can be more specific we will give it a try.

Londyn Berrett American Fork, UT

I haven’t used ancestry a lot. It is super fun to find out more about your part and where your ancestors are from. It is also a super simple website to use.

Jonas De Olveira American Fork, UT

I have really got into family history lately. Ancestry.com is an excellent tool for helping me find information on my relatives. They have access to a lot of records, which has been very helpful in connecting all the dots.

Jason Brown Lehi, UT

Hands down the best site to do family history research. Their census records are better than any other site I've used. The images they upload are also crystal clear.

S Suguturaga Orem, UT

This is a great product for my genealogy needs and the company does provide sufficient customer support.

Brian Scott Provo, UT

I'm so thankful Ancestry.com helped me fill in some missing parts of my family tree. It connected me with a second cousin I didn't know I had and now we are close friends!

wayne sanders Valley Center, CA

Ancestry is one of my go to sites for genealogy. This site is easy to navigate and has always been full of information that is pertinent to what and who I am looking for. I have also come up with names that I wasnt even aware that they were connected to me. I feel like the site is always updated and full of new names to discover each time I visit it.

Nathan Hill Pleasant Grove, UT

I just did a DNA test with Ancestry in the last few months and I have really enjoyed going back and looking at all my matches and learning more about where I am from. This is an easy to use software and product and I look forward to using it more.

Amanda Olsen Eagle Mountain, UT

Love using Ancestry.com to locate and create our family history. Easy to navigate website along with the tools and ideas to help you along the journey.

Lindsey B Orem, UT

Great service especially for the price. The website is very easy to navigate and use. You can quickly find out things about your ancestors that you may have otherwise never known. If you have any questions their website FAQ's are very helpful and customer service is always willing to help also. I would recommend to anyone looking to know more about their ancestry.

Jeff B Orem, UT

Ancestry is an amazing website to research your genealogy. They offer the most resources for anyone looking to get into genealogy and they make it very easy. I have really enjoyed finding out things that I didn't know before about my ancestors. The pricing is awesome and the service is even better.

Cristiana Orem, UT

Ancestry.com changed my life. Once my family and I start to use this company we were able to find a lot of family members. People that works in this company are super friendly and really understand all the big deal of the company idea. Never paid for used and always had a great experience.

Steve Anderson Lindon, UT

I have used Ancestry.com for several years now and I am 100% head over heals in love with this company. They have literally changed my world. They offer two different services. First, they are am AMAZING record collections service. I use Ancestry in conjunction with FamilySearch. The two of them can help me find almost anything. I have extended my ancestral lines back many generations because of Ancestry.com The second service they offer is their DNA testing services. Doing my own family research, I found out that me and my 8 brothers and sisters are not the biological children of the man who raised us. Yes, that was a real shocker to all of us. Through the use of AncestryDNA, I was able to locate the families of all but 2 of us 9 children. This is a truly amazing company. By the way, their customer support is great. They were so helpful and pleasant to work with.

Brennan Orem, UT

Cool website and service. I have absolutely loved using Ancestry.com to look into my family genealogy. The website is very self explanatory and you quickly find yourself becoming a pro due to the ease of use. I would highly recommend using Ancestry.com for anyone interested in genealogy!

JAKE American Fork, UT

I have used Ancestry.com multiple times. It was very helpful for researching our family tree. We also used it for a church youth group activity. It was a lot of help using Ancestry.com to help them find information about their geneology. Sometimes it can be a little difficult to navigate the website. It did take some getting used to.

Sophie American Fork, UT

Ancestry is a good product that is always improving and takes its users into consideration. The people who work there are really nice too.

Dave Ros Pleasant Grove, UT

I bought an Ancestry kid for my wife for Christmas. The process of setting up an account as a gift was easy. The product was received quickly and in time for the holidays.

Lindsey A Brown Lehi, UT

Ancestry.com is such an excellent way to learn about and search family history. Lots of great information can be found and stored for the future. I have really enjoyed searching for my ancestors and get so excited when I come across someone who I've been looking for.

Zack Salt Lake City, UT

Ancestry is an awesome way to do your family history. With a little practice you will be doing genealogy in no time!

Brody B Orem, UT

Awesome, interesting, informational and addicting! If you haven't researched your genealogy you are missing out. Ancestry is the leader in the market and have the most options and functionality. I have absolutely loved my experience with Ancestry.

Erika American Fork, UT

My family has had a lot of fun looking up our family tree. Ancestry.com is easy to use as soon as you get the hang of it. The only thing I don't like is having to pay for a subscription. I also found it was difficult to cancel.

Ann Bailey Lehi, UT

I recently gave my parents Ancestry DNA kits for Christmas. It was interesting to find out that my Dad really didn't have Native American Heritage after being told he had a certain percentage his whole life. It gave us some answers to some of those questions.

August Moulton Lehi, UT

I have used this service many times to look up ancestors and family members. The website is intuitive and easy to use.

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

Myself and many family members on my side use it quite often. I started using it because I had heard that they have given it great reviews when we have talked. we have had some interesting conversations about some really good information that they have uncovered. I will continue to use this site because there is always great family info to uncover. I have also recommended it to several of my friends

Cindy Bailey Lehi, UT

Very professional buildings. Beautiful views and environment. Friendly and helpful people. My results came quickly and were interesting. No surprises.

Rose Sturgeon-Mabini Puyallup, WA

I just received my results for my ancestry DNA. I was blown away and saddened by how fraudulent it appears to be. I only submitted my DNA because I wanted to see what percentage of native American I was. My grandmother was 1/2 Cherokee Indian and my father's side also has Cherokee Indian as well. My best friend and I did it and submitted ours pretty close to the same time. We got our results back and they are almost identical with the EXACT same wording, just the percentages a tiny bit different. And......had 0% of anything related to being any native American. Never again will I believe in this.

Jessica Atkin Lehi, UT

This is an excellent website! This is the first website that got me really excited about doing family history and genealogy! We purchased DNA kits and it was so much fun to get the results back!

Whitney Powell South Jordan, UT

This is a super cool app, my dad was adopted so we used this to see what kind of heritage we are. Helpful.

Lori Fletcher Saratoga Springs, UT

I am very pleased with the research ability in Ancestry. My favorite part is the hints it gives. I do wish I could transfer more than 4 generations from Ancestry to FamilySearch.

Virginia Rosenthal Pleasant Grove, UT

I recently got an Ancestry kit for Christmas. I couldn't wait to send in my spit for analysis. I got my results back quicker than expected. The results were so easy to read and understand.

loading ancestors on family tree is awkward and is difficult to arrange

Fred O'Fallon, IL

I really overall enjoy Ancestry.com, but what happened to the option for the military page that used to be part of the person's profile? I thought it was nice. Why was it removed? Is there a plan to update and bring it back? I’m a veteran & would like to see it!

Rebecca Darr Indian Head, MD

A family member who does not live with me was able to convince customer service to change the account I registered for and paid for to her contact info and when I contacted them about it and provided my name/phone/email/username and credit card #, amount of charge and date as well as forwarding them my initial confirmation email from the site - Ancestry refused to revert the account back to me so I have lost access to everything.

Tyree Newkirk Cedar Fort, UT

I was really excited to actually try and use this to find what my family is but to be honest they make you think it’s all for free but then once you sign up for everything they ask you to pay so I was really upset!

MaKayla Christiansen Provo, UT

Ancestry helped me track my genealogy in just a few steps. It was super helpful and had a lot of information that I didn’t know about my ancestors.