Ancestry.com Logo

R.C. McDonald

Great for history in the US. Not so good searching Scotland.

sue byram

so far my information corroborates my written research

Rhonda Christie

Didn't tell anymore than we already knew. It was a disappointment.

ALemke

Easy to use and an amazing gift to our family to locate ancestors

Margaret Pratt

Fantastic I have no complaints this site has given me everything I have asked for and needed.

Debby Willis

I did not have a good experience with this site. The price is too high for the average senior citizen to be able to afford.

Dave H.

I researched and discovered my ancestry as far back as the 1600s. I also wrote a book through their assests and discovered that my 5th Ggrandfather fought in the Revolution

Lauren

Found all of my extended family and more....I'm currently using this wealth of knowledge to name our newest addition! So many great names to choose from and it feels good to know I'm honoring an ancestor.

Tina

Very satisfied! All of my expectations were met. It's been a hit with my family.

Kathleen Deibert Herrera

Was very slow to respond so finally asked for refund (which I received).

GinaHoffman

Basic experience is good but you must purchase more options to really know anything worth while.

Betty Cummings

full filling and found relatives i did not know i had.

Bridget

excellent site, was able to trace relatives which were true 2nd cousins, which is close.

Omneya Andrea Acosta-Dhmaid

It is very easy to use. A little more digging ability with this site. Plus you learn so much with it too

JOAN COUTURE

Positive experience. Very helpful and easy to navigate

Marie Ries

Site is difficult to maneuver in. Quit after 6 months.

lrs Philippi, WV

I just started ancestry.com and so far completely disappointed. The search engine is awful. I put in my exact grandmother's name, exact dates for birth and death, and even the exact address where she lived. I made sure I selected "female." I kept getting results for male names and female names, way out of date range. So I then made sure the dates were exact, you would expect a few people pop up, but no - I got an error saying "no information available." Then, when you try to go to different websites on your own through ancestry.com, like find a grave - you are asked to subscribe and pay another subscription fee. They also boast of DNA testing. All the DNA test tells you is what ethnicity you are - well it really isn't that complicated for my family (German and Irish) - and there is no help for formulating your family tree. If you want help, you have to click "Hire and Expert." The starting price? $2,500!!!! That's STARTING. The search engine does not give you the tools you need to do this on your own. It is almost like they have to force you to hire the expert to get your lineage.

Tracy Womack Cedar City, UT

I had to call and talk to them on behalf of my grandma and it was very good, but the person I spoke with wasn't very polite. She made the experience hard and more frustrating than it needed to be.

Mazi Marcel Womack Cedar City, UT

Ancestry.com is the best genealogy website out there. Super easy to use and navigate.

Ben Crisp Temecula, CA

Ancestry has a lot of wonderful resource to help find family members. Their DNA test is amazing as well and it’s helped me to find out a lot about where I come from

Paige Baldwin Wellsville, UT

I used this website for a school project and I really enjoyed. It definitely wasn’t my favorite of the websites used but I still got good information from it.

Brooklyn May Logan, UT

I love finding where my ancestors are from, and where I am from. I love being able to find my family members and finding out all new heritage from it.

Chloe Adams Morgan, UT

Ancestry is simple and amazing. I’ve grown so close to my family and have been able to learn so much about my past! Thank you!

Breanne Stanko Logan, UT

I love using ancestry.com because I love being able to look up my ancestors and we where they came from and where I came from and my heritage. The site is so easy to run and works perfectly.

Terra Stanko Hyrum, UT

Looking at my ancestors and finding out where my heritage is from is such a great feeling. Seeing my mothers and my fathers ancestry and to see where I came from is so cool. Such a great company and program.

Rylie Crandall Draper, UT

I like ancestory.com to do my genealogy work because it's easy to navigate and understand. It's fun to use and learn about my ancestors using this site.

Sierra Beck Herriman, UT

One of my mom's friends works for Ancestry and we have used their services when doing family history. It is helpful to use this alongside other websites as well. It was simple to use.

Haley Baldwin

I bought the DNA kits for myself and my family. They worked great! and we got our results back in a timely matter. They were helpful and they answered any questions we had!

Nicholas Lake Villa, IL

The downside is that you have to pay to receive the full experience of finding your ancestors.

Brittney Anderson Provo, UT

Ancestry can be a little confusing to get used to after learning family search. However I really appreciate their vast network of resources helping my make my family tree.

Jennifer Smith Salt Lake City, UT

I love Ancestry! One of the best parts of this company is the amazing search capabilities they have. Ancestry makes finding information about ancestors easy and fun.

Brenda Spanish Fork, UT

Ancestry has been a great tool for helping me find my ancestors. The layout is easy to use and the hints make it easy to link records to family members.

Anna Schouten Provo, UT

Very good for finding records to connect in a family tree. The search feature is helpful for narrowing the fields you are looking for. They have a large number records available for family history research.

Marissa Redwood Falls, MN

I bought a DNA kit for my father, and he loved getting his results back. I love what this company is all about.

Christine Farmer Littleton, CO

I have used Ancestry for DNA testing and for research for family history. The DNA testing is fun and informative. I expected a little more detail, but I am satisfied. The kit was easy to use and the results came online. It is fun to compare with other family members and see who you are connected to online! The research tools are also valuable, I have used it to look for birth, death or marriage records and also immigration records.

Grant Lofgreen Provo, UT

Has some features in particular that I haven't found on other sites. Price is understandable. Would like to see more records.

Julie Spanish Fork, UT

Loved the DNA test. Gave it to my husband for Christmas and the whole family loved seeing the results.

Tracy Hill Draper, UT

This site is great! I love using it to learn more about my family and ancestors. I taught all my sisters how to use it. My only complaint is that it was complicated to use at first but we got the hang of it

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

Last year I received an Ancestry DNA kit for Christmas. I have am amazed that they are able to find so much information about you and your family through these kits. I would recommend them to anyone. The online site helped me to see all of my results and to understand better my story. I received great customer service and the product has brought me much closer to my family. This is one of the coolest family history tools out there!

Beth Provo, UT

This is so cool because you can see who you are related to amongst people you meet. It is a great way to start conversation with others!

Brayden Babbitt Provo, UT

The site helped me find my ancestors, just like the title says because it's true.

Dale L Farmer Littleton, CO

I have used them to do some geneology. It was fun to sen in the DNA test and see what I got back.

Kimberli Shaner Meridian, ID

Very thorough information. Great hints and ways to research family history. Love this site.

E S Meridian, ID

Great resource. The family trees are the best way to find relatives. So helpful and great program!!!!!!

Jacob Shaner

This site has a lot of great records available. I also like the search engine and ability to connect with other people through the site.

Julie Kincaid Soldotna, AK

I love, love, love this site. I use it several times a week for family history work. What I love most is that it give you other record hints that might match the person you are searching for. These hints aren't perfect, but they often give you clues about other documents. I would totally recommend this site to a friend and will keep using it.

Tavian West Jordan, UT

Love this site helped me get through a class and get things for me that I couldn’t find

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

I love that ancestry.com can help me keep track and learn my heritage and where my family comes from. Genealogy is so interesting and this website helps make researching a lot easier.

Elisa Vakapuna Salt Lake City, UT

Ancestry has opened doors for many families all around the world and has made us find family we never knew about. It’s great!

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

Ancestry.com is the place to find out about your own DNA as well as your genealogy history, vital records, census records, and the support center is amazing. I couldn't believe that there are over 20 million member of ancestry.com. I am a firm believer in taking a DNA test to uncover your origins because it helps you understand who you are and where you come from! Its so inexpensive and easy to do! Try it today!