Ancestry.com Logo

Mary Talladega, AL

Ancestry has A LOT of information BUT you will pay dearly for it. I had used Ancestry to make my "free family tree" quite a while back. I quickly realized that I couldn't do much more than what I knew of my extended family because I would have to pay for a subscription (no problems!) So i purchased a disk (thats how long ago we talking here) and was able to start the tree. A few years later i wanted to work on tree again...its like $20 a month! WTH! I love the info but that's a lot of money!

STurner Saratoga Springs, UT

This is the best available company for genealogy I have found. It has millions of records and it’s users friendly. I love that they include links to their source. Very good company. I have free access to it from Family Search by LDS Church. They have a partnership which makes the two a very powerful source for looking up names.

M. Sperry ,

Good to see family find hints search records... it’s a great company! It benefits everyone!

Dan Whiting American Fork, UT

I used Ancestry.com to research my family tree for free. Their record database is huge, and easy to use. It made the process of researching my genealogy fun and interesting. 10 out of 10. Awesome.

Lkirton Park City, UT

I have enjoyed finding my ancestors through Ancestry.com. There is so much great information, very user friendly app.

Dayna Riverton, UT

Ancestry.com isn’t easy to use website to learn more about your family tree. For me it made me want to learn more about the stories of my ancestors and what they went through.

Tagg Ogden, UT

Ancestry.com is a cool place to look up your family tree. It is well laid out and very easy to use.

Dave_ Layton, UT

Great services available to do either DNA testing or traditional research. They have great databases and help to find your family history.

Patrick Curry Salt Lake City, UT

Love the ease and user friendly feel of the site. Has been a great tool to track down family and locate family I never knew we had. Had many help articles that where beneficial to us in helping us build our family tree

Ashley Ulibarri Sandy, UT

I love Ancestry.com. I love how it automatically gives me hints in family members and I have loved what I have learned through DNA. It’s been so interesting.

KnarasN Draper, UT

My husband and I have loved using ancestry.com. I love getting emails telling me they have found a new ancestor!

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

great user interface with the family tree, so much information on the family. Such a wonderful tool to find more out about my family's history! I especially love the screenshots of the actual historical documents, ie ship passenger records, census, draft cards, marriage docs, etc.!

Dawn N Thatcher, AZ

Seems like the largest supply of historical records in the world. I've been able to turn so many corners and find lost family members. Not only by searching those records but by the DNA results and linking. Ancestry is absolutely a must in family research.

Gerald Hays Layton, UT

Ancestry is good about sending me a lot of hints to additional ancestors. I have found a lot of information through them.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Ancestry helped me figure out where older generations of my family are from and what makes up who I am. It was interesting seeing how far back my Italian lineage goes. Website is nice if you want to find out a little more about yourself.

Kiara Howard Tallahassee, FL

Ancestry.com allowed me to learn more about my heritage and I am so great full. If it wasn’t for this site, I wouldn’t have known multiple things about my origin so I am glad I joined this site.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Not meant for people of color or ancestry anywhere else but the US & select parts of Europe. Would not recommend if you are ethnically diverse.

Logan Hudson Norcross, GA

Ancestry.com is a very lengthy website to find information about ancestors. And it costs a good bit of money.

Josh Harold Dallas, TX

I tried using this to find out more about my ancestors through my last name but it didn’t have anything even though my last name is pretty common.

Alexa Pitre New Orleans, LA

I love ancestry.com!!! It made it so easy to find out who I am related to!!! Very user friendly.

kaylee Salt Lake City, UT

They are difficult to use. It was hard to find my family tree, and it seemed like everything I wanted to do required me to pay. Not worth it.

Linda Hays Pocatello, ID

I really like Ancestry but they are very expensive. But the hints you get are fun and helpful

Brayden Ibert Houston, TX

I used Ancestry.com to find out my background and it was so easy! The website was very simple to understand and when they sent me everything to do it all the instructions were very clear. I’m so glad I used Ancestry.com

OwenE. Norcross, GA

Me and my mother researched this website for a bout a year and found some undiscovered family in Georgia and we now have kept in touch with them ever since.

Anita pea Dallas, TX

Ancestry.com was awesome for finding my heritage. The program was easy and the on call service were kind and their pricing was amazing.

Sophilino Tallahassee, FL

It's a great app if your family is European/American. As a Latin American woman, there is literally no information here about my family at all. I went in so excited only for it to basically tell me that I just poofed into existed.

Donald Morgan Baton Rouge, LA

A complete cash grab. It said I was Italian and my family records proved it wrong numerous times.

Zabsanti New Orleans, LA

ancestry.com is an amazing website because it uses fold 3 and military data to find previous family members. I was able to find my grandfather's history in the American civil war through the website.

Randi Nelson Managua, MN

Ancestry.com is awesome when looking into information of relatives. The only downside is that you have to pay to get certain features.

MaryAnn Hagblom Salt Lake City, UT

Fun finding family names. I’m older and struggle with many websites. Their website was easy to navigate:)

Tiffany I Elkridge, MD

My entire family did this for Christmas. Such a great concept and thorough research. Would recommend.

take7 Sandy, UT

Excellent place to find your roots and explore your family tree. Does take a bit of time and money for subscriptions but if that's what you're into like I am then it is worth it. Sharing information across accounts and devices is easy and manageable. The interface is informational and helps you fill in missing links and information in your family tree. Gets pricey fast if you're looking to stick with it long term.

DeeDee G. Norcross, GA

It's a little bit of a sketchy website and can be hard to use at first. Plus it is pretty darn expensive. Might want to do extra research before you try it out.

Fife32 Managua, MN

I love Ancestry.com. It is such a easy to navigate website and it has helped me so much to find the things I need from my family.

Cade Boudreaux , FL

Me and my family decided to try Ancestry a couple of years ago. It was amazing to see our family in such a massive place. Thanks to Ancestry I’m able to know my entire bloodline!

Adria Riverton, UT

I’ve used this several times in looking up family history. Always able to find lots of interesting information about my family

Dette Phoenix, AZ

At age 67, my husband found out that his dad is not biological father. His world has been turned upside down but he has found 5 new siblings. He waa completely shocked by the news. Be prepared for the unexpected!

Jacobrobot321 Folsom, LA

My grandparents and I use this to find out our origins and figure out just which branch of the world we’re from. We’re cajun, so of course we would have a lot of french!

Jami Lucas Eagle Mountain, UT

I got into genealogy recently and have lived the information I found through this website.

Jaci Rhoades Arlington, TX

I have used this company for the last 10 years. It's a great way to start a family tree. The only problem is it's dependent on the people before you that have started the tree. For example I opened our family tree account. Because of that there is zero history recorded of our family.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Ancestry.com is probably the best, most comprehensive genealogy service out there. They have data, records and info that no other service can provide at great prices. Their platform is easy to use and explore.

Poundesk Saratoga Springs, UT

Ancestry.com is one of the best family history websites I've used. It led to finding several ancestors I didn't even know about. It is very user friendly. Super easy to sign up and navigate. I would highly recommend it.

JR Suguturaga Orem, UT

The online process is smooth and the records available are vast. Customer service has been a positive as well.

Lorna Johnston West Valley City, UT

Ancestry is a good genealogy site. I am looking forward to using it more as my experience is somewhat limited but it has been really good so far.

Kbr Pleasant Grove, UT

I love how ancestry.com and family search work together to combine their efforts for you. I use both equally.

Shane Russell Fort Worth, TX

The DNA kit is easy and intuitive and the platform makes it easy to see where my ancestors came from.

Cumorah Washington, UT

Ancestory is awesome. It works well and has great information to help with research

David T Draper, UT

Ancestry.com is the best genealogy company out there. Great products, great customer service.

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

Ancestry has so many resources and documents to use because of their large database. The only trouble is in order to have all the features, you have to purchase the yearly membership

Bailey Wilson Lubbock, TX

Sending in my dna was easy. I should not have to pay more to link up with my family though.