Ancestry.com Logo

Ann Dines Phoenix, AZ

Ancestry.com has been good for my family. We found and connected with lost family members, found ancestry members that we are related to, and love sharing and finding new records. As retirement approaches just not sure we can keep our membership at the hefty price Ancestry.com charges. Maybe they will think about a senior discount in a few years or a discount for longevity members.

Mary Chillicothe, MO

I have been a member of Ancestry.com since 2007, sometimes paying for the membership (last 3 yrs) and sometimes not. I just read the reviews of the 3 people that has posted and had to comment. You have to read everything when purchasing anything online, even the fine print!! It tells you that if you dont cancel, you will get charged! The membership is a lil pricey but what price would you be paying if you had to drive or order a copy of something that Ancestry already offers at their site that is included in the membership fee. (example: my 4x grandfathers marriage certificate from Ohio, its on Ancestry, if i were to drive their, 9 hrs one way + gas + food + place to stay-over-night + 9hrs to get home + gas + food) this doesn't even include the expense of any copies you want from the count house or library or historical society. It is already adding up! $ ! I have 7 different family trees on Ancestry, only 2 is mine, the other 5 are friends that ask me to help find their families lost past. In the 7+ yrs that I have used Ancestry.com, i have never encountered any problems with the site itself or their information they offer. Ancestry.com is always my go-to site for anything related to genealogy!!!! Everyone should visit Ancestry.com at least once in their lifetime. **Incredible discoveries awaits you at Ancestry.com** Thanks!!!!!

Harold Green Dahlonega, GA

I have been a member for several years off and on but it has finally gotten to the point I can no longer afford it as our only income is Social Security. I will be forced not to renew my subscription when it expires this time.

Angie Smith Lone Oak, TX

I signed up for what I thought was just a month. Used it that month then stopped. Two months later realized they had been charging me every month. They did credit me for one month but I will not sign back up with them.

David Stagner

This is insane, I signed up for the 14-day free trail not knowing that every month after the free trial they charge you $16.50, it took me 3 months to discover the funds being leaked out of my Paypal account. I sent ancestry.com a email asking them for a refund explaining my situation. Of course, they denied me a refund so I canceled my subscription with them only to be charged a $10 early cancellation fee. By this time I'm about to go insane, I sever all ties they had to my Paypal hoping that I wont lose any more money. The total loss: $59.50 Just thrown in the trash, thanks ancestry.com. (I don't want to give them a star, far too overrating)