Upwork (formerly oDesk) Logo

Upwork (formerly oDesk)

Is This Your Business?
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

6.3

Prior User Fairfax, VA

They hire freelancers from their own website as their customer service reps. While website is functional and not a lot of bugs, if anything happens, the resolution process becomes a lot of headache as each person replying to a thread is from a different country and they do not know (or they have access to) information required to resolve issues.

Matt Hass Homedale, ID

The site is constantly down, though better than it used to be. The customer service is little to no existence, had the hardest time withdrawing money from them due to their technical difficulties. The newest, updated policy says that we now have to pay 20% per project fee, the highest in the freelancing website realm. Don't use upwork.com

Tracy

I have been working on Elance, and though I was not very successful getting jobs, I liked the platform. Since joining Upwork, I feel that the quality of work is poor with many employers looking for writers for a very low fee. I feel that Upwork is not at the same standard as Elance. Looking for jobs is becoming frustrating on Upwork.

Alex

Not very good customer service once you need anything. Can just put your account on hold if they think you paid someone outside of their system and they lost $0.5 because of it.

never seen or had a single good paying job from that site ever since it devoured elance which is miles ahead of odesk. the rates are ridiculous and not even worth for a hobby.

Ralph Mount Dora, FL

Extremely bad customer service. What the hell is this verify my credit card. They already charged me. I already paid and now they want me to verify my credit card. Complicate the simplest thing. SCAM.

Joe Grant Manassas, VA

Since Odesk has become UpWork continuous technical problems have resulted in my job proposals being blocked again and again. You can't run a freelance job site by putting a wall between freelancers and employers.

Shelby

Very impressed with the Upwork Help Center! Support was friendly & problem solved in under 10 mins.

Mitchell Beckett

The entire search system for freelancers is broken and it's hard to find people who are qualified. I was constantly shown workers with none of my qualifications and after spending an hour looking I gave up.

Dragana

UpWork platform is heaven for the scammers. The community is very violent freelancers insult other freelancers in their `community forum`the worst place ever.

Jaime Bellatin

Seem to be unable to hire anyone because there seems to be an error with the site and ti cannot process my company's card. Support is terrible and inefficient.

Zigi

Elance = 10 Upwork = 0 I used to love Elance. they should have kept it open. I also find upwork interface way too confusing when compared to Elance.

Nedelcu Paul

I got a job with some company, they never payed and then my account was suspended because I contacted too many people. WTF ?

Kim Brown Rowland Heights, CA

UpWork will WITHHOLD freelancers money with no explanation. We are currently filing a disputed with the labor board. BEWARE.

Mariusz

Upwork is as bad as oDesk was, it means garbage projects with silly budgets and no control of the quality of offered services.

Paladine

Fake and very low budget projects! You pay $2 for one bid and project budget is $3. Very bad experince! Total Failure! :(

Sergio

Major platform issues. Almost impossible to apply for jobs or even browse them! Trying to open a job description always results in a 504.

irfan

best ever freelance website

Karb Ghazi

The worst sites for freelancers There support desk is lazy and their plan on serving clients is lame

Martin

Upwork cancelled my account for not reason. I had two contracts going and very happy with their work.

Tyler Harrah Gig Harbor, WA

Some of the worst clients in the world go here. A ton don't offer anything over $1/hr. Don't go to this site.

Joshi Jitesh

There are several scammers on Upwork. I actually lost money using Upwork because of fraudulent clients.

PJ Pleasanton, CA

Angela Freeport, ME

You can't even create a profile, as a new user! The whole site crashes. Who would want to work with that every day?

Gurlal Singh

My account was suspended because I contacted too many people. this is very fake website.

Angela Paralescu

They now have a 20% fee for freelancers without adding the VAT and others hidden fees.

Globx International

Worst Freelancer Network The policy of Upwork is not business friendly!

jeremy Eagle, ID

Horrendous company. They have gone downhill since they merged with Elance.

Yandisa Yaya Mahashe

i can't log onto my account on my desktop, only on my tablet

Soma

Elance is far better than upwork. Upwork is a disaster for freelancers.

Guangzhun Jin

Bad experience! Lack of technology itself.

ajay

BEWARE ON WORKING WITH UPWORK-- A BIG SCAN TO INDIANS

Le Hunt Grand View, WI

I guess if you can live on $1,000 a year Upwork is great.

Gobinda Roy

Upwork full of low paid jobs. No viability.

Anwer

very bad experience with upwork.