Autodesk’s Maya Software is Beyond Real
Video artists, game developers and web designers are abuzz about Autodesk’s Maya software, a powerful integrated 3D modeling, animation, effects, and rendering solution. Maya 3D animation, modeling, simulation, rendering and compositing software offers a comprehensive creative feature set on a highly extensible production platform. Maya provides high-end character and effects toolsets along with increased productivity for modeling, texturing, and shader creation tasks. This software provides powerful integrated 3D animation, modeling, simulation, effects, and rendering tools on a robust and extensible CG pipeline core.
Maya is designed for film, television, and game developers who require a full-featured 3D modeling, animation, effects, and rendering solution built on a highly extensible platform. Moreover, Maya LT addresses the more focused needs of indie game makers. The software also adds to the quality and realism of 2D graphics, with features that tackle challenging character creation and digital animation productions.
A snapshot of some of the software features:
- Bifrost procedural effects platform simulates and renders photorealistic liquids
- XGen Arbitrary Primitive Generator generates curves, spheres and custom geometry
- Bullet Physics creates realistic rigid and soft-body simulations
- Maya nHair creates hair and curve-based dynamics
- Maya nParticles simulates complex 3D visual effects
- Maya nCloth creates realistic deformable materials
- Maya Fluid Effects simulates atmospherics, liquids, and open water
- Rigid and soft-body dynamics simulates multiple rigid and flexible objects
- Maya Fur creates realistic fur, short hair, wool and grass effects