TheBouqs.com

8.7

LAST UPDATED: August 23rd, 2021

The Bouqs Company was founded in 2012 and is currently headquartered in Marina del Rey, California. Grounded in transparency, repsonsibility, and simplicity, The Bouqs Company seeks to build meaningful relationships with like-minded farmers and florists while empowering them to thrive and eliminate unnecessary waste along the way. What sets them apart from most other floral delivery companies is that their prices always include shipping and there are never any hidden fees. Nearly all of their items are a single flat price of $40. Also, all of their flowers are cut on the day of the order. The Bouqs Company has been mentioned on Daily Candy, Forbes, WSJ, Maxim, E!, PopSugar, ABC, People Magazine, Racked, US Weekly, MSN, Simply Stylist, The Price is Right, Netted by The Webby's, eCO, InsideHook, Thrillist, OK! Magazine, Refinery29, Venice 311, Ethica, Tech Cocktail, Foam, Confidential, and more. They were also mentioned as one of Oprah's "50 Things That Will Make You Say 'Wow!'"

The Good

• Pricing and Policy
  • Freshness
  • Customer service

Pricing and Policy

What consumers will love most about The Bouqs Company is their easy pricing schedule. There are no hidden or confusing fees for a simple bouquet of flowers. Almost all of their flowers have the option of just a $40 flat rate price. This is the price they will see at checkout. For the value and the flowers they are getting, this price is substantially lower than most of their competitor's prices. They provide over 100 different floral arrangements. Each of the 100 plus types of arrangements has at least three different size options available. They also do special event, wedding, and business floral arrangements. They provide their customers with a "Happiness Guarantee" that covers late delivery, quality issues, short vase life, and inaccurate flower composition and/or notecard. They also accept returns within 3 days of delivery.

Freshness

Flowers are cut on the day of delivery, guarantying freshness. The flowers are being cut from high quality farms which naturally rich soil that is kept moist from volcanic snow. None of their competitors can say that about their own flowers.

The Bouqs Company is Bizrate Customer Certified, as of June 3, 2015. There have been over 5,000 customers that have rated their company. They have an overall rating of 8.3 out of 10, 8.3 out of 10 would shop there again, 8.9 out of 10 had on-time delivery, and their customer service was rated 8.3 out of 10. They have frequent sales, discounts, and coupon codes. They currently have a coupon code advertised on their main page for 10% off total order. They are a Google Trusted Store. You can call their customer service anytime between normal business hours, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday. They also give customers the option to email in, if needed. For immediate help, they have a "Talk to a Bouqaneer" chat box option on their website. They are to answer any questions, even if you just need help selecting the perfect arrangement for your situation. If a customer is ordering any of their California bouquet arrangements, they have the option to receive the flower the next day.

The Bad

• Selection
  • Gift baskets

Selection

Their selection is not as large as some of their competitors. They have a limited amount of flower bouquets - around 100. Only about 50 of their bouquets can be delivered next day. None of their volcanic flowers can be delivered next day.

Gift Baskets

The Bouq Company does not offer any selection of gift baskets. Their products are strictly limited to flowers and floral arrangements. There are no candies or fruits available on their site. Their customer service telephone line isn't available to customers on weekends.

The Bottom Line

Although their selection may be slightly smaller than some of their competitors and they do not provide the option of gift baskets, The Bouqs Company is one of our top recommended flower delivery companies. They are more than fairly priced, their product is of the highest quality, and they make the check-out process as simple as possible for their customers. They also have a large following of happy customers; they are highly rated by both customers and the press. This unique take on flower delivery is a definite must-try for those looking to send flowers to a friend or loved one.

2.9

Par Santa Clarita, CA

Updated Review: The Bouqs Co resolved this, sent me a beautiful arrangement and issued a refund. Thank you very much for getting this fixed. DO NOT buy flowers from this company. My boyfriend spent $60 on a bouquet that had a couple of mini roses (all dead), one succulent that was no larger than 2 inches in diameter, and a couple of other cheap flowers in the bouquet. Everything arrived dead. It wouldn't even fit in an extra small vase. The company wouldn't even send replacement flowers to make up for their mistakes. Don't trust them. I was a loyal customer and regularly ordered flowers from them... I will NEVER order again.

Reply from TheBouqs.com

Hi Par, We are so sorry to hear about this disappointing experience with your Bouq. This is not the experience we wanted you or your boyfriend to have. The state of the Bouq received and the Customer Support response initially given certainly do not reflect our customer service standards. Please standby while someone from our team will be following up in an email to try and make things right. Sincerely, Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Mar. 21st, 2019

Craig Meier Los Angeles, CA

Flowers arrived in great shape. My only reason for a less than perfect score was that the promotion code was tricky because it was giving me error messages since it was trying to apply the first time customer discount of 10% but my promotion code was better at 15% and was not sure which one was applied. The checkout wasn't clear where the discount was applied. I ordered 3 bouquets and on two of the less expensive orders there was a discount applied that is not 10% or 15%. The double sized one had no discount applied. Then shipping was free (I think). Was it applied to shipping too? I simply submitted the order anyway due to lack of time and my frustration was at its limit I was not going to bother for a few extra bucks of potentially lost discount on my $250 order. Also, since I ordered two different bouquets for same house delivery (mother in-law and wife) it was awkward that my mother in-law's bouquet arrived hours before my wife's on two different trucks, but what can you do since these companies outsource to different local flower shops. And no Sunday Mother's Day delivery available. Do they not work on Sunday, or is it because I ordered the Thursday before Mother's Day and it was too late? Would be nice if site calendar or site simply said "Sunday shipments sold out" or something to let me know why. I try to do everything online, but maybe with this company calling in an order next time might be an easier customer experience.

Joni B

My daughter ordered tulips for me to arrive in Valentine's Day. The next day I received them at 10:30am. looked at the sticker and it said Feb 14 1030am. I followed the flower care instructions and my tulips drooped after putting them in water in the vase my daughter purchased separately! My daughter was extremely upset about this. I emailed the company on her behalf to let them know. Ivy at The Bouqs Co replied to my email and gave me several options to compensate for the disappointments. I should be receiving a new bouquet on Tuesday. I'm happy with The Bouqs' customer service. I hope the flowers also exceed my expectations! Updated 2/24/2017 I decided on having a replacement bouquet sent. Instead of tulips, I decided on the Maui, a potted orchid. The online photo looked so pretty--the orchid looked like a hot pink, but when I received the potted orchid, it was much darker--a burgundy color. One of the flowers had snapped off en route. There was a warm pack in the box. The flower care was vague, so I am glad my mother was able to tell me a bit more about caring for an orchid. So far, the orchid is sitting in its eco pot on my desk. Thank you Ivy and The Bouqs for a nice replacement.

Melissa Cushing Sacramento, CA

Ordered first time with a Groupon, which required giving a Bouqs agent my info. She was very efficient & nice. Was very happy with 1) the flowers and options, sent directly from the growers and, 2) delivery fees included and arrived across the country in 2 days. I will definitely be ordering from them again. Total cost for double size arrangement delivery included (no vase but nicely wrapped) was $46.

Francisco Porras Chicago, IL

No complaints at all with Bouqs. The flowers come in as advertised and most in bulb form which means they last longer and you get to see them bloom. Have ordered twice from their site and deliveries have shown up on time and in good shape. I have not tried their subscription service or have had the need to contact customer support so I can not comment on those two aspects of the company. Overall, the company has delivered the flowers on time and in good shape!

Kristen New York, NY

Updating negative previous rating because I was able to speak to a manager and they refunded me the money I spent for getting an arrangement I did not approve of. They stood behind their product to ensure customer happiness just as a good company should do. This act encourages me to try them again .

Reply from TheBouqs.com

Hi Kristen, We are so glad to hear that we were able to make it right for you! We hope to continue to make you smile with future Bouqs. Sincerely, Ava @The Bouqs Co.

Jan. 14th, 2019

RANDY Torrance, CA

I have used them on many occasions and have found them to be spot on both in price, promptness and beauty of color, freshness and arrangement's along with packaging. I also would like to say that the order process is very user friendly and upfront on pricing, no hidden fees or bait and switch tactics.

TexasMom Des Moines, IA

The flowers arrived fresh from the field (there was even dirt in the leaves) and opened up beautifully the day after they arrived, In the past flowers from other companies have arrived past their prime and only lasted a day or two. I had my Bouqs tulips for almost 2 weeks and they were stunning.

Brayden Ibert Houston, TX

I bought flowers for my mother on TheBouq.com and it was an easy experience. The service was quick and easy, and I was pleased with how quick everything came in. I will definitely shop again.

Reply from TheBouqs.com

Hi Brayden, We are thrilled to hear that your Mom enjoyed her Bouq. Thank you for choosing us to help spread smiles! Cheers, [email protected]

Apr. 15th, 2020

Brinley Knowles Smithfield, UT

They were so easy to work with. They had the flowers that I wanted and they made the delivery easy to work with. I definitely​ will be going back and using this company to order flowers in the near future.

Reply from TheBouqs.com

Hi Brinley, We are so happy to hear that you have been enjoying The Bouq experience! We look forward to making you smile with your future Bouqs! Thanks for sharing. Sincerely, Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Dec. 20th, 2018

Thomas Lee Forest Hills, NY

Service has always been very good and responsive. Issue has been the delivery time, understandably it's out of their control.

Bryndie Managua, MN

Lots of pretty flower arrangements. Nice customer service and a very dependable delivery.

Reply from TheBouqs.com

Hi Bryndie, It's our pleasure to bring you unique and sustainably sourced arrangements. Thank you for your feedback! Best, [email protected]

Apr. 15th, 2020