From You Flowers

From You Flowers

When it comes to variety, From You Flowers delivers. As is made crystal clear by their company website, this florist can help you order the perfect flower arrangement for practically any occasion you can think of. They also work with a wide variety of flowers-from sunflowers to winter flowers. This privately owned company that started more than a decade ago has grown to provide its customers with variety and-most importantly-quality.

In November 2002 Michael Chapin founded From You Flowers in Old Saybrook, Connecticut-still home base for the business. With owners that boast more than 35 years of experience in the flower industry, the company now has offices in Connecticut and New York but delivers around the world.

How do they do it?

They've linked up with about 20,000 florists around the globe and, with these connections, are able to service the entire United States and-get this!-140 other countries. They claim more than five million satisfied customers so far and continue to work hard to deliver quality flowers on a global scale.

The Good

• Selection
  • Quality
  • Guarantee

It goes without saying that one of From You Flowers's most prized qualities is their wide selection of flowers. They don't just give you the basic roses and daisies (though they handle those too). They'll put together bouquets that have lilies, irises, orchids, tulips, carnations, and sunflowers, as well as winter flowers.

They also cater to any occasion you can think of-from apologizing to your mother, to congratulating your boss, to just saying, "I love you" to your spouse. With such a variety of themes, you're sure to find the bouquet that fits your occasion. But aside from bouquets, they also offer corsages and boutonnieres, gift baskets, plants, and wreaths.

In other words, you can order "from-you" flowers, but if you prefer, you can order "from-you" fruit, treats, and plants instead. They have options.

From You Flowers also delivers on quality.

Did you know that their flowers are so fresh that they were recognized in 2010 by famous CNBC as the florist with the "Best Overall Quality and Price"? A reward like that doesn't go unnoticed. Even though they're a global company, their flowers are delivered by a local florist, which helps keep them preserved for deliveries.

The prices at From You Flowers earn them another point. Flowers, admittedly, are a costly gift unless you pick them in your own yard. But this company will only charge you between $30 and $80 for their quality bouquets. Plus, they offer coupons sometimes to help take the edge off that price.

To their credit-and your satisfaction-this florist also offers same-day delivery. This means that if you order by 3 p.m. in the time zone of your delivery, your flowers will be delivered within hours of when you placed your order. From You Flowers also guarantees your satisfaction-and will either redeliver your flowers or refund you if you happen to be dissatisfied.

Speaking of which, they provide lots of customer support resources. That definitely earns them a point, as ordering flowers often warrants help with picking out the right bouquet, making sure the delivery address is found, etc. With From You Flowers, you can contact their customer support with the following:

• 24/7 availability to make an order
  • The ability to track your order (bonus points for those of us who worry!)
  • Phone
  • Even the physical addresses for the corporate offices should you feel so inclined to contact them literally

The florist has even take the time to provide detailed instructions on how to take care of your flowers when they are delivered. This goes to show they do care about their customers-before, during, and after their deliveries.

At TBC, we recommend ordering with From You Flowers for the following reasons:

1. Low bouquet prices
  2. Over 1,000 bouquets to choose from
  3. 100% satisfaction guarantee
  4. Large number of gift options

The Bad

• Complaints

No company is without its faults though.

What are the complaints about?

Well over two hundred of them were regarding delivery problems, and another two hundred reported problems with the product itself that they received. Other customers reported flaws about the company's satisfaction guarantee, billing, and advertising issues.

On top of that, there are several negative reviews online about this company as well. Most of these reviews complain about the From You Flowers's dishonest pricing and missed deliveries. So for what it's worth, beware if you order from this company that you may have hiccups.

The Bottom Line

When it comes to picking a florist, there are a lot of factors you deem important. But here's what you really need to keep in mind with this one.

Above all else, their wide variety of flowers and the quality of their freshness sets them apart. While a lot of competing florists only provide you with bouquets of lilies and roses, From You Flowers generously lets you choose between several different types. Plus, between their local florists' efforts and their same-day delivery, the flowers you order will come fresh and beautiful.

On the whole, From You Flowers has a positive reputation, decent prices, and plenty of customer support. But because their variety and quality make them stand out, they present a great option for customers who value those factors.

103 From You Flowers Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 22nd, 2017

I ordered premium flower arrangement, balloon and a large Teddy bear. I got a small old/ dead flower arrangement, half deflated balloon and small cheap carnival teddy bear.

July 21st, 2017

I had 12 long stem roses with a vase and chocolates etc send to my fiancé for her birthday. that is apparently a special package deal that they put together in certain cities only. if your not in that city, well the result is a mess. my order was sent from So Cal to Vegas. the flowers were wilted, petals turning dark, the chocolates in the box looked like melted turds, the vase couldn't hold 1 flower properly, let it try and hold 12.. good luck. I did call customer support, but they can't do anything quickly, it would be another 3 or 4 days and that doesn't change what happened on someones birthday. They did agree to refund the purchase, which at least the minimum they could do. all this internet buying is easy from one side, but these product suppliers for things like fresh products have me concerned. they need to provide more options for the customer

July 13th, 2017 Marysville, WA

Never delivered. Given the reviews that I stupidly read only after losing $67.00, I cannot understand how this site gives FromYouFlowers a score of 8.1 is beyond belief, especially when you compare with the user score of 0.6. That is a huge gap, which makes me question any other Best Company review.

June 30th, 2017 Saint Paul, MN

Flowers were never delivered and they tried to upgrade the flowers instead of giving us the refund we had requested.

June 22nd, 2017

Ordered flowers 6/20/17, paid for same day shipping at 12:38pm, site states before 3 delivery is same day. Ordered was exceptioned, was changed to 6/22 delivery day, I SPECIFICALLY requested a specific time as the recipient would not be in the location until then. Florist decided to deliver 1.5 hours early. Why ask for specific instructions if they're going to be ignored. Customer service center was solid however. But awful delivery in Dorchester, AMA area. Not satisfied at all

June 10th, 2017 Dearborn Heights, MI

I ordered flowers from this company for a FUNURAL Paid for same day delivery got a call that night around 7 pm saying that the flowers we're not delivered. And they were going to do everything they can to deliver them before the funeral. Guess what no flowers where delivered. The passing of a loved one is a serious time we put our trust in this company and have been seriously let down. I will never use this company after this and most definitely spread the word of such bad service

June 7th, 2017 Olympia, WA

This company uses false advertising to get customers to use their services. They do not guarantee service and delivery of flowers within 4 hours and same day service even though the customer pays additional fees to expedite the shipment. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I'm very frustrated with these type of businesses that are constantly deceiving the public.

May 30th, 2017

They ruined a family birthday! They advertise a cake on their website. They do not call it "cake" and they do not explain it isn't a cake and it's impossible to tell from the picture whether the flowers are from frosting or real flowers, in fact, I didn't even think to ask. Cake means cake--usually. So I told my son not to buy a cake for the birthday party, I had it covered. Gramma was not a hero that fateful day. This made Gramma cry. From You Flowers responded to my protest of their illiterate punctuation with a form letter and 10% off my next order. Oh yeah like that's going to happen.

May 28th, 2017

"I placed an order for flowers on May 27. It was urgent and time sensitive situation so I picked an arrangement that was eligible for same day delivery and paid two additional charges for upgraded delivery. Theoretically the arrangement was supposed to be delivered before noon on May 28. Well it wasn't. At noon, because I hadn't heard from the recipient, I called to see if the flowers had arrived. Nope. So I went online and tracked the delivery only to find that the delivery time had been "changed to Tues, May 30" ... 48 hours after the upgraded delivery time. Did this company bother to email or call me to tell me about the delay? Nope. Did they automatically refund the charges associated with expedited delivery? Nope. When I called they acted as if my desire for some sort of notification about the delay and an automatic refund of the money associated with expedited delivery was crazy and asking too much! Then they put me on hold for, and I'm not kidding, 20 minutes while they cancelled the order. They then explained that they couldn't send notification of the cancellation for 48-72 hours. Really? Like I'm supposed to trust this unethical company? Then I asked for a supervisor. It took another 5-7 minutes for that person to answer the phone. I explained my concerns to her, and the first thing out of her mouth was, "I don't know why the customer service person even talked to you because the order isn't under your name [It's under my husband's name, but paid for with the card in MY name], She shouldn't have talked to you at all: clearly a BRILLIANT strategy to de-escalate a tense situation. In the course of my ridiculous conversation with her she had an attitued never apologized. She just tried to explain that why NOT notifying me about the delay so I could make alternate arrangements, and not refunding my money was acceptable. She also seemed to think it was perfectly fine that they couldn't send a statement of cancellation/refund for 48-72 hours. Ultimately I hung up and called American Express and contested the charge. Interestingly, posted my experience on Facebook. Within 30 minutes 3 of my friends said that they had similar experiences and that they had to fight for their refunds. I then looked on line and it seems as if their game is collecting expedited delivery charges and not delivering in a timely manner. I am a professor at UCLA and many of my students have gone on to law school. I've put out an open call to them to look into the possibiiity opening a class action suit against From You Flowers for all of the expedited delivery charges that weren't delivered on time!!! I imagine some law firm will make a small fortune some day, so it might as well be one of my students, By far one of the scammiest, unethical, and rudest businesses I have has the misfortune of dealing with."

May 21st, 2017

I ordered flowers for our anniversary Three days ahead ( 17th) to be delivered on 20th. Later 8.12 CST got a email saying it got delivered. At 10 checked with wife how was flowers she asks what flowers. at 10.16 called fromyouflowers to check the status they says its delivered. I told them its not then customer agent called florist , He says we will retry to deliver!!! why I got email its been delivered. It shows they are pathetic and play people emotions gives wrong updated to customers.

May 19th, 2017 Durham, NC

I ordered Mother's Day flowers for a mother who was spending her first Mother's Day after the death of her daughter. My order was placed three days in advance of Mother's Day and was guaranteed to be delivered on Sat or Sun. Words are inadequate to express my extreme disappointment when I called the recipient on Sun night and discovered the ordered flowers were never delivered. I was never informed of the inability to deliver. When I contacted the From You Flowers, I was told "we will cancel the order and issue you a full refund". I wanted the company to send the flowers, even if several days after Mother's Day, along with an apology to the recipient that the ordered flowers were not delivered on Mother's Day. The representative told me they couldn't do that. I asked to speak with a manager and was put on hold for >30 mins before the call dropped. Tried again - same thing. Emailed - response 'sorry for the inconvenience', 'we issued a full refund on --". Again, no response to my request for the flowers to be sent along with the apology, no response to my request to speak with a manager. Its as if they have an "auto reply" to the email complaints. Unfortunately I didn't read all the other reviews before placing my order. Those reviews confirm my experience that this is the worst online flowers company on the planet. I encourage you to avoid doing business with From You Flowers!

May 18th, 2017

I spent over 100+ dollars for a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to my mother on what is to be her last mother's day for them to be half dead..im disgusted

May 18th, 2017

I ordered flowers for my mom , who was going threw a horrible time. They were to be delivered the next day, Friday. They were not! Come to find out there is no phone service for them on Saturday or Sunday, in addition their email does not work! So frustrated, I got up at 6 am Monday because they are in NeYork. Was told they would redeliver them the next day. Tuesday comes and it is still not done! I was promised they would upgrade the flowers and send an appology letter, And just to make sure I did not mess up, I had them double check the address just to make sure I am not to blame. So I get up at 6am again to call, and Im told Im so sorry I will resend your flowers and have some one email you and you do not need to call us back ? (what) It is Wednesday and none of the above has happened! It is even worse that I I have had to call them everyday for 5 days! I am very displeased with this company! I will be contacting the BBB on Thursday.

May 16th, 2017

Do not waste your money. Flowers were late, completely wilted, and unrecoverable. Why did they bother putting this mess on my doorstep instead of directly into the trashcan? Your only consumer guarantee with this company is that they will take your money and kill plants.

May 13th, 2017

I placed an order for a Get Well bouquet for a friend in the hospital and the bouquet looked absolutely nothing like the pic I ordered. It looked more like a mason jar full of weeds someone picked up on the way to the hospital. I complained and they apologized and sent me a $10 voucher which I used on April 16th to place a Mother's Day order which was to be delivered 5/12/17. Almost a full months advance notice. 5/12/17 came and went with no flower delivery. I sent an email at 5:30 am on 5/13/17 and again received an apology and an assurance for a free upgrade and delivery today. I agreed since Mother's Day isn't actally until 5/14/17 then got another email stating my delivery was scheduled for 5/16/17. I sent them an email with a refund request if they can't deliver today and haven't heard back. I tried calling and have now been on hold for 48 mins and counting. This is a horribly unprofessional company. I will never use them again and I highly suggest anyone interested in using a reputable company look elsewhere.

May 2nd, 2017

I ordered sympathy flowers to be delivered for the funeral service & it's been 2 days passed the "guaranteed delivery". They still haven't been delivered, & customer service is "looking into it further" & will get back to me. I still haven't heard back from them either in 24 hours now. This place is a joke.

April 27th, 2017 Wake Forest, NC

Ordered a same day delivery. It came alright, as the 17th stop (the driver told me) in the trunk of a car, so you guessed it, the flowers were all dying. Wilted to the point of curled daisies. NO arranging whatsoever. They were the right flowers but all slammed in the vase not all randomly arranged in a pretty open umbrella shape. Nope. Looked more like a kid pulled a handful of flowers from a garden and all same height, slammed them in a vase. Customer service got pictures, upgraded the arrangement and guaranteed delivery the next morning. Nope. Called customer service, was told they would be delivered by 4. 4:30 after the person getting them had left for the day I called. So sorry, their "delivery van" broke down. Ummm delivery van, broke down. UMMMM you mean car? Because that's how they came yesterday, CAR. We will get them to you in the morning. DAY 3. I want a new florist delivering them, do you understand the words coming out of my mouth? THIS FLORIST SUCKS. If you are going to deliver them again it better be with someone else. If they aren't delivered in the morning by 11am refund me, this is costing me time and time is money and I can go to a real local florist and get them myself and KNOW they are good. We will see. NEVER AGAIN. The company itself is good, the customer service people were nice but they have chosen the bottom of the barrel florists to do business with so their business is going to suffer. Upgrade your florists From You Flowers!!

April 14th, 2017

Not happy. Don't know why I spent money for guaranteed delivery. Don't order from here unless you are okay waiting and paying extra $.

April 13th, 2017

The picture that they showed was very different than what my girlfriend received. I went for the highest quality and paid so much more extra but still got something different than what shown and different than described. I went for large teddy bear and the teddy bear they sent was small. I went for a large box of chocolate, they sent a small box and something that was more like a candy than actual chocolate. I would not use this service ever again. Also the card that I wrote was not handled well and it got wet with the flowers

April 11th, 2017 Whitehall, PA

“WORST SERVICE EVER! Placed an order on Tuesday for Delivery Thursday for 15 overpriced Tulips in a plain glass vase for about $52.00 deliver times from 9AM-6PM. Also ordered a Fruit Basket total about $120. Flowers never delivered, talked to Brittney at customer service around 8pm who said that the girl I spoke to on Tuesday (Amanda) canceled the order and never put it through again. Mind you she said canceled and They still took the money out of my account. Brittney apologized that they messed up the order, then proceeded to place the order through and told me that the flowers would arrive to the recipient by Sat. Friday I receive a phone call from customer service to call them back, when I do call them back they tell me that they can't deliver the flowers on SAT. because I didn't pay the extra shipping fee for Sat. deliveries. (ON AN ORDER THEY MESSED UP) Demanded to talk to a supervisor and got Andrew. I was irate at this point and he placed me on hold 2 times for several minutes a piece after I told him he better find a way to get flowers out ASAP after I was told the day before they would be. When he finally got back he said he would find a florist in the area and see if they can do a Friday delivery if possible, if not then they would get to the person by Sat. If there are any issues getting flowers out I will give you a call. Saturday rolls around about 4pm. No Flowers. Called customer service again and asked for a supervisor the girl told me she was a supervisor (her name Tisha) she said the flowers won't get to the person til Tuesday, and I lost it. I demanded to speak to her superior, and she put me on hold. When she came back she said she could offer me a refund on my order, I was livid, I demanded to speak to her supervisor again and she then transferred me after saying that she would since the call was getting "escalated" beyond her ability to help. Talked to her supervisor (I think his name was Dion?), found out that Andrew never actually did anything after he hung up the phone with me on Friday. After reaming him out for now several days of phone calls and frustration, stress, and disappointment; Demanded my refund, could care less what they now did with the week old flowers that were probably wilting by now, and I asked if I would be receiving an email confirmation for the refund. He told me absolutely.... Its now 11:11PM Monday, I have not received any such emails. ( I'm aware that any refunds to my card will take several days to process) I work Clothing retail customer service, I deal with people face to face rather then over the phone. If I did half of the things this company has done to me in a matter of days, I would not have a job. This is truly the worst customer service I have ever seen. I ADVISE YOU: I WOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN, AND I WOULD AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST.