from you flowersfrom you flowers

When it comes to variety, From You Flowers delivers. As is made crystal clear by their company website, this florist can help you order the perfect flower arrangement for practically any occasion you can think of. They also work with a wide variety of flowers—from sunflowers to winter flowers. This privately owned company that started more than a decade ago has grown to provide its customers with variety and—most importantly—quality.

Rank Chart
8.3
#3
$72.98
7.6

In November 2002 Michael Chapin founded From You Flowers in Old Saybrook, Connecticut—still home base for the business. With owners that boast more than 35 years of experience in the flower industry, the company now has offices in Connecticut and New York but delivers around the world.

How do they do it?

They’ve linked up with about 20,000 florists around the globe and, with these connections, are able to service the entire United States and—get this!—140 other countries. They claim more than five million satisfied customers so far and continue to work hard to deliver quality flowers on a global scale.

The Good

It goes without saying that one of From You Flowers’s most prized qualities is their wide selection of flowers. They don’t just give you the basic roses and daisies (though they handle those too). They’ll put together bouquets that have lilies, irises, orchids, tulips, carnations, and sunflowers, as well as winter flowers.

They also cater to any occasion you can think of—from apologizing to your mother, to congratulating your boss, to just saying, “I love you” to your spouse. With such a variety of themes, you’re sure to find the bouquet that fits your occasion. But aside from bouquets, they also offer corsages and boutonnieres, gift baskets, plants, and wreaths.

In other words, you can order “from-you” flowers, but if you prefer, you can order “from-you” fruit, treats, and plants instead. They have options.

From You Flowers also delivers on quality.

Did you know that their flowers are so fresh that they were recognized in 2010 by famous CNBC as the florist with the “Best Overall Quality and Price”? A reward like that doesn’t go unnoticed. Even though they’re a global company, their flowers are delivered by a local florist, which helps keep them preserved for deliveries.

The prices at From You Flowers earn them another point. Flowers, admittedly, are a costly gift unless you pick them in your own yard. But this company will only charge you between $30 and $80 for their quality bouquets. Plus, they offer coupons sometimes to help take the edge off that price.

To their credit—and your satisfaction—this florist also offers same-day delivery. This means that if you order by 3 p.m. in the time zone of your delivery, your flowers will be delivered within hours of when you placed your order. From You Flowers also guarantees your satisfaction—and will either redeliver your flowers or refund you if you happen to be dissatisfied.

Speaking of which, they provide lots of customer support resources. That definitely earns them a point, as ordering flowers often warrants help with picking out the right bouquet, making sure the delivery address is found, etc. With From You Flowers, you can contact their customer support with the following:

• 24/7 availability to make an order
  • The ability to track your order (bonus points for those of us who worry!)
  • Phone
  • Even the physical addresses for the corporate offices should you feel so inclined to contact them literally

The florist has even take the time to provide detailed instructions on how to take care of your flowers when they are delivered. This goes to show they do care about their customers—before, during, and after their deliveries.

At TBC, we recommend ordering with From You Flowers for the following reasons:

1. Low bouquet prices
  2. Over 1,000 bouquets to choose from
  3. 100% satisfaction guarantee
  4. Large number of gift options

The Bad

No company is without its faults though.

What are the complaints about?

Well over two hundred of them were regarding delivery problems, and another two hundred reported problems with the product itself that they received. Other customers reported flaws about the company’s satisfaction guarantee, billing, and advertising issues.

On top of that, there are several negative reviews online about this company as well. Most of these reviews complain about the From You Flowers’s dishonest pricing and missed deliveries. So for what it’s worth, beware if you order from this company that you may have hiccups.

The Bottom Line

When it comes to picking a florist, there are a lot of factors you deem important. But here’s what you really need to keep in mind with this one.

Above all else, their wide variety of flowers and the quality of their freshness sets them apart. While a lot of competing florists only provide you with bouquets of lilies and roses, From You Flowers generously lets you choose between several different types. Plus, between their local florists’ efforts and their same-day delivery, the flowers you order will come fresh and beautiful.

On the whole, From You Flowers has a positive reputation, decent prices, and plenty of customer support. But because their variety and quality make them stand out, they present a great option for customers who value those factors.

Price

From You Flowers offers a dozen red roses on their site for $24.99. This is one of the cheapest prices for roses we found online.

Guarantee

From You Flowers has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They promise to refund your money or redeliver a product.

Selection

Browse From You Flowers by occasion, flowers, or sale. In all, they offer over 1,000 bouquets.

Suport

You can contact From You Flowers by email or phone. They do not have a live chat option. We give From You Flowers ⅗ stars for their Customer Support.

Delivery

You can choose two-day delivery From You Flowers, or schedule your flowers to arrive in we weeks.

Gift Option

When you send flowers, From You Flowers also gives customers the option to send a vase, chocolates, bears, or balloons. They even have an option to upload one of your photos onto their vase.

X close
X close

62 From You Flowers Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

January 15th, 2017

Recipient never received flowers the day ordered or the next day. NOT REPUTABLE!!! Stay clear of this site.

2. User Score

January 7th, 2017 Whitestone, NY

I have never written a review before, but I have also never experienced something like this. I ordered flowers for a funeral. I placed the order at 1:50pm this afternoon for a service tomorrow (delivery at 3pm). I chose this company because in their web-site advertisement they FALSELY state, “We Guarantee the Florist Arranged Flowers will be Delivered Today!” additionally, the website declares, “100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! Order with Confidence”. I paid for my order, which also had me pay an additional $17.98 to guarantee the shipping the following day by 3pm. At 9:15pm (over 7 hours after I placed my order, and when all florists are now closed), I receive a call from a representative at “fromyouflowers” stating that the florist called earlier in the afternoon and let them know they would not be able to deliver my funeral arrangement. They waited until 9:15pm to tell me this information and cared nothing about “guarantees” they publicize on their website. When I told them I wanted a refund, they stated they would have to check to see if this “could be possible”. They put me on hold and then the representative came back, as if she was proud, and stated, “my supervisor has allowed us to give you a refund in 2 business days.” I am allegedly getting back the money that I paid for, to an item they could not deliver, and for a funeral to boot. This representative acted as if I should be grateful. I will never do business with this misrepresented company again, and I strongly warn anyone else from using them for any reason. There are far better florists out there who understand what it means to be professional and stand by their representations. They need to change their website statements, it is fraudulent advertising.

3. User Score

December 29th, 2016

Paid for same day, order confirmed then said out for delivery. They did nothing when delivery was supposedly rescheduled. Kept me on hold an hour so far to try and scam me out of a refund. You will not get your order on time, they can guarantee that much and good luck with any refunds except a $3 insult for not doing their job. Stick to real companies.

4. User Score

December 26th, 2016 Lynn Haven, FL

I placed an order on 12/23 and paid extra to have it delivered 12/24. The order went through with no problem with that delivery date. The next day, I received an email stating it could not be delivered until 12/26. I was refunded $2.99, even though Saturday delivery was a charge of $3.99. I was ok with that, since I understand how busy holidays are.

Now…this morning, I receive a call saying it cannot be delivered until 12/27, THREE days past when promised. I cancelled the order. Guaranteed satisfaction? Haha…NOT!

I am very disappointed. This is the second time this has happened with this company. They tell me it will take 3 days for the refund. I guess you guys tend to run 3 days late with everything.

I have reached gold status with your company, but at this point, that means nothing to me. I will not be ordering ever again. Just hope I get the full refund.

5. User Score

December 23rd, 2016

6:30 p.m. For a delivery! Then I had to actually ask them if they got them & they had to look for them.
    Too cheap to even throw in a free case. I was tired of all these surprise costs so I just kept it plain roses. Nobody keeps those vases anyway. The picture she sent of them, not impressed. Probably dying from sitting in a Minnesota winter waiting to be found.

6. User Score

December 20th, 2016

I should have read reviews before I placed an order. Mea Culpa. I have to agree with other reviews that delivery is a problem. I ordered almost a week before delivery and thought I was done with it. They were never delivered. This was a very important flower delivery for me, beyond disappointed. When I asked for a refund, they were “disappointed” I was canceling my order. If the delivery date is important – call a local florist directly. Lesson learned.

7. User Score

December 7th, 2016

Ordered flowers for my wife on our anniversary at 0730 am, payed for same day service and expedited service. Called them at 3pm because delivery had not been made and they assured me that delivery would be made. At 5pm I called them again and they said that they were unable to make delivery. To late to make any other arrangements. But yet on their site it still showed delivery pending. I would not ever use their service again. .

8. User Score

December 4th, 2016

This is a company that hooks you with a beautiful image of their arrangements and what you get is an arrangement bought from a vendor selling off the freeway…WTH! NOTHING like what they advertise!

9. User Score

November 15th, 2016 Oyster Bay, NY

I ordered expedited flowers at 6 am 11/15/16. I received an email from the company before noon, notifying me that my order would not be arrive to my mother at the time that I was told ( the extra expedited shipping fee that i paid).

Around 3:30 pm I called to check on the status of the order as I wanted to surprise my mom with birthday flowers before the day was over or before she was unavailable to receive them. The woman that I spoke to was super rude and continued to try and argue with me after I told her I wanted a full refund, because they are unable to get the flowers to my mom until the next day 11/17/16. She gave me what I believe was a fake name ( Tiffany) and made me wait over 20 minutes to speak with a “Supervisor”. whom I believe was another call person pretending to be her boss.

The whole experience was horrible and I would never again spend my money here or recommend this place to anyone.

Lets see if I actually receive my refund.

10. User Score

November 9th, 2016

Flowers about half of pictured bouquet. Purchased stuffed bear, sent stuffed cat. My gf is allergic to cats! Gesture of sending surprise flowers completely ruined. And when I called company they only offered me $15 credit for bear. Horrible customer service, dont use this company

11. User Score

November 8th, 2016 Orange, CA

November 1, 2016 I placed an order for flowers to be delivered to an employee who was in a car accident. I ordered the Loving Lilies and Roses. Which includes: White Asiatic Lilies, Pink Roses, Purple Statice, and Circular Glass Vase. I also added two get well balloons. Delivery date was set for November 2, 2016.

November 2, 2016 flowers where delivered around 3pm. I asked our employee to send me a picture. The flowers that were delivered was not what was ordered. They also forgot to include the second balloon. I called From You Flowers and could not get through. I was on hold for more than 20 mins. I then emailed them and asked them to correct the problem.

November 3, 2016 From You Flowers said they would contact the flower shop and resend the flowers. The flowers were never delivered. I called From You Flowers again!!! They said the first time was the drivers mistake and the second time the flower shop never got the order. Yeah right! Once again they said we will send it out tomorrow. They said the flower shop will write an apology letter and will upgrade the flower arrangement.

November 4, 2016 It’s now day 3!!! I called at 7am and talked to Customer Service to make sure the delivery would be taken care of today. They said oh yes the flower shop has the order and they will deliver today. It was about 3pm and still no delivery was made. I called again!!! They said the flower shop has until the end of the work day to deliver. I asked why would they wait until the end of the day to deliver flowers that should have been delivered three days ago? I would think that this delivery would have priority since they made the mistake. I told Customer Service that I didn’t not want the day to end without the flowers being delivered. It’s now 4:30pm my employee calls me to tell me that the delivery guy was there but he can’t leave the flowers because she was not home. He told her that he needs pick up the other flowers in order to give her the right flowers. He was told by his boss not to leave the new flowers without taking the wrong order back. He did not offer to wait for her and he did not offer to return. Instead he gave her and eight hundred number and told her to call and make arrangements.

November 5, 2016 still no flowers! That’s right no flowers. My employee calls the eight hundred number to let the florist know she would be home. The florist starts to tell her that they don’t have the type of flowers that was ordered and they didn’t have time to deliver. Keep in mind that flowers (deluxe package) and balloons have already been paid for the $99.33. The Florist went into detail with my employee about how much of a problem the order was and then hung up on her. Why would they take the order if they could not fill it? I would have excepted something of equal value. I was not asking for anything more or anything less. Just what we paid for.

November 6, 2016 I called Customer Service and told them how unprofessional their service has been and how much trouble it has been to fulfill an order that was already paid. Never once did anyone contact me to make sure everything was being taken care of. I was always the one calling or email From You Flowers.

November 7, 2016!!! That’s right it has now been a week since I placed the original order. Finally!!! They got another flower shop to deliver the order. It took a week. What a mess!!! They didn’t upgrade the arrangement like they said they would. After all of this I was expecting a little more. I mean a week wait for a next day delivery. I am extremely disappointed with their services. After all the trouble For You Flowers has put me through they should be sending me some flowers with an apology letter. That’s the least they can do. I’m glad it’s over.

12. User Score

October 26th, 2016

Grow your own, don’t bother with these theives

13. User Score

October 26th, 2016

I have ordered flowers from this company for about 5 years and have had no problems whatsoever , the flowers were always fresh and delivered on time , and I always get a follow up email asking about my satisfaction with the flowers and delivery . The recipients of the flowers always raved about the quality of the flowers plus there selection and prices can’t be beat .

14. User Score

October 18th, 2016 Seattle, WA

Ordered in the morning and they couldn’t find the place and then said it was delivered but wasnt and then the flowers that were delivered weren’t what i ordered down to having no vase. They offered to upgrade and resend them but by then the office would be closed. Talk about a birthday surprise ruined!

15. User Score

October 13th, 2016 Alpine, UT

I had a fantastic experience with From You Flowers. I purchased flowers to be delivered to a business partner in an office I had never been to. On the day of the delivery, I received a call and text from the delivery man saying the address I inputted was incorrect. Over the course of 15 mins, the delivery man was patient with me as I tracked down the correct address. The flowers were then successfully delivered. I will definitely use them again.

16. User Score

October 4th, 2016

I ordered from there today the 4th of October, for same day delivery off of my jobs employee discount site. I made the order online around late 1 something this afternoon. Around 5-6 this evening I noticed I never received a email confirmation about my order or an update. So I was like let me go check the site, I put in my order number and a message came up they didn’t receive delivery confirmation. So I find out a form to get a response and then I called. The phone kept ringing and ringing so I hung up. So I’m not sure what to think or do but I’m very disappointed. I’ll never use their site again.

17. User Score

September 21st, 2016 Exeter, NH

My best friend ordered a Funfetti daisy bouquet for my birthday. I received white lilies mixed in with some awful greens! She was furious, spent an hour on the phone with them. They said they would make it right and sent another bouquet. They sent gladiolus, not the Funfetti Daisy bouquet. Horrible, Horrible company!!!!!!!!

18. User Score

September 15th, 2016 Houston, TX

Paid extra for delivery before 11am and delivery was made to my wife’s school at 6:56pm and they can’t verify who flowers were deliverd to so that my wife can claim them.

FromYouFlowers.com just states that delivery was made by 6:56pm. They won’t even answer me in reference to the extra paid for early delivery, just that delivery was made.

19. User Score

September 9th, 2016 Edmond, OK

Horrible! Which I would have reviews. They don’t answer their phones or emails.

20. User Score

September 1st, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

I ordered two wreaths for a funeral and contacted customer service to ensure delivery time. I was ensured that delivery time would not be a problem as long as I noted it in the address. The day before the funeral I received a call letting me know the wreaths I ordered were not available. I had no choice but to ask to send anything they could due to the last minute notice. On the day of the funeral no flowers arrived!! I was not able to contact the flower shop because I WAS AT A FUNERAL. I eventually received an email at 6:00pm (funeral was at 9:00am) letting me know they were unable to find a florist that could complete delivery. When I finally got around to calling I was offered to send the flowers to the home plus a 20%. I declined of coarse. Funeral is over and the family is grieving!! The purpose of the flowers was also because they didn’t have a lot of money for funeral expenses so a few of us had pitched in to buy flowers. I will NEVER order flowers from this company and will discourage anyone from doing the same.