Flower.com was founded 16 years ago and is currently headquartered out of Los Angeles, California. Their network is global; they work with thousands of preferred floral suppliers and gift basket vendors all over the world. Their products range from flowers and fruit, to teddy bears and balloons. They also have a large selection of gift baskets.

Rank Chart
thumbnail-7
$59.99
2,400+
6.5

The Good

Their biggest advantage over their competitors is their enormous selection of flower arrangements. With close to 5,000 flower arrangements to choose from, consumers are guaranteed to find the exact floral arrangement they had in mind. They also have a large selection of gift options. Consumers can choose from all of the following gifts:

• flowers with balloons
  • teddy bears
  • wreaths
  • birthday arrangements
  • get well arrangements
  • sympathy arrangements

• chocolates
  • cookies
  • wine
  • soaps
  • chocolate covered candies and fruits
  • meat cuts
  • wine
  • and more.

If customers need assistance or support, they have it 24/7 with Flower.com. They also have a chat box on their website where you can immediately talk to a customer service representative. If you prefer to email, they have that option as well.

They have the option of express delivery with a fee of only $4.99. With express delivery, they guarantee delivery within 4 hours of purchase. If they are not able to deliver the flowers within 4 hours, they will credit back the express delivery fee. Their standard flower delivery is typically same day delivery, as long as you order before 3:00 pm in the recipient’s time zone. These delivery quotes are guaranteed.

Customers can make exchanges within 7 days of delivery if they are not satisfied with their floral arrangement or gift.  This is backed by their guarantee.

They have a very informative customer service page where any question a consumer might have can be found. Some of the following sections they have are:

• Flower Delivery Information
  • PO Boxes
  • Rural Deliveries
  • Delayed Deliveries
  • If no one is home
  • What happens if the recipient is not present at the time of delivery?
  • Service Fees

• Card Messages
  • Wine
  • Request to Leave Item at Door
  • Recipient Refusal of Delivery
  • Weather effecting florist delivered products
  • Weather effecting products that are shipped

Flower.com provides consumers with the option to send any of their products internationally; they are a global company with vendors all over the world.

The Bad

Most of their prices for floral arrangements are slightly higher than some of their competitor’s prices. This is mainly figured out by comparing rose bouquet prices to competitor’s rose bouquets.

Their selection of wedding arrangements and items (corsages, boutonnieres, hand held bouquets, silk arrangements, dried arrangements, etc.) is very limited. They also do not do customized floral arrangements.

They do not offer consumers a mobile app for iOS or Android at this time.

The Bottom Line

Flower.com has the ultimate selection of floral arrangements and gift baskets. Although they do not do customizable floral arrangements, with over 5,000 floral arrangements to choose from, consumers are guaranteed to find the exact floral arrangement they had in mind. They also have a 7-day guarantee and excellent 24/7 customer service. These positive points make the higher prices worth it. We recommend Flower.com for your flower delivery needs.

Price

Their one dozen red roses costs $59.99 and they can be delivered same-day.

Guarantee

If you would like to make an exchange because you are not satisfied with their flower arrangement, you can request the exchange within 7 days of delivery. Their customer service telephone line is available 24 hours a day for immediate assistance.

Selection

Flower.com has an enormous selection size of flower arrangements. Their “Flowers” section has over 80 pages of flower arrangements with at least 30 options per page. They also have more specific flower categories like Roses, Tulips, Lilies, Daisies, and Orchids. 5 stars

Gift Option

They have a large selection of gift options. Consumers can choose from flowers with balloons, teddy bears, wreaths, birthday arrangements, get well arrangements, sympathy arrangements, funeral flowers, anniversary arrangements, newborn congratulation arrangements, thank you arrangements, and holiday arrangements.

They have over 150 gift basket options that can include fruits, chocolates, cookies, wine, soaps, chocolate covered candies and fruits, meat cuts, wine, and more.

Delivery

They have the option of express delivery (same-day) where they guarantee delivery within 4 hours of purchase. If they are not able to deliver the flowers within 4 hours, they will credit back the express delivery fee. Their fee is typically only $4.99.

Standard flower delivery is typically same day delivery, as long as you order before 3:00 pm in the recipient’s time zone.

Support

Their customer service telephone line is available 24/7. They also have a chat box on their website where you can immediately talk to a customer service representative. If you prefer to email, they have that option as well. 5 star

X close
X close

2 Flower.com Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

September 20th, 2016

horrible service..Ordered flowers for someone’s birthday arrived a couple days later and wasn’t even what I paid for..I had ordered an arrangement over 100 and this looked like something I could have picked up at the local supermarket. I called about 15 times always the same thing someone will call you back …we don’t have a supervisor in this department. but can’t transfer you to the other department. This company is a scam ..I researched reviews and always the same story… I bet they are making at least 50 % profit even though I’m sure it more. Someone should really investigate them since their is clearly something wrong here.

2. User Score

May 9th, 2016 Satellite Beach, FL

I ordered flowers for my mother for Mother’s Day. For some reason, I woke up at 12:44AM Sat night(Sun) prior to Mother’s Day worried that they wouldn’t be delivered – prob bc it has happened in the past w/ FTD.com. I couldn’t shake the feeling so I went to my computer & found the email receipt for my order. I read it & found that they had an “out” for “in case they don’t deliver” when they should. That really bothered me so I went to the site & found that on-line chat was available so I began a session to verify my mom’s delivery. I got a CSR named Joy that took my order number (after extensive waiting throughout the entire session, but I was glad to have reached someone at that hr) & verified that the order would, in fact, be delivered on Sun for Mother’s Day. She assured me there was no reason to worry. JOY WAS WRONG! No attempt to deliver flowers I pd just shy of $100 for was made. This is my mother’s first MD since my dad’s unexpected & very difficult passing just this past Nov. She is still having an extremely difficult time & while we have a trip planned to spend time together next month (I live 2 states away), I could not be there with her for Mother’s Day. This bouquet & a phone call would have to do for the moment. She got the phone call – but that was it. I usually order via ProFlowers.com but they dropped the ball a few orders ago & never made good on it + their Sun del fee was a bit higher so I trusted Flowers.com to handle this & they FAILED – MISERABLY! I read the reviews & thought w/ the good far outweighing the bad, it would be alright. NO! Most people would agree that it’s one thing for a company to screw up something you’ve pd them to do but it takes on a higher level of offense to screw up something you’ve pd them to do for your mother. ESPECIALLY ON MOTHER’S DAY!! The on-line cust svc form is hardly adequate but all you get when live chat isn’t avail bc they claim phone lines are backed up. Prob w/ calls of COMPLAINT!!!