Flower.com was founded 16 years ago and is currently headquartered out of Los Angeles, California. Their network is global; they work with thousands of preferred floral suppliers and gift basket vendors all over the world. Their products range from flowers and fruit, to teddy bears and balloons. They also have a large selection of gift baskets.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.9
#2 Avas Flowers chevron_right
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.4
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Selection
  • Customer support
  • Delivery and Exchanges

Selection

Their biggest advantage over their competitors is their enormous selection of flower arrangements. With close to 5,000 flower arrangements to choose from, consumers are guaranteed to find the exact floral arrangement they had in mind. They also have a large selection of gift options. Consumers can choose from all of the following gifts:

• flowers with balloons

• chocolates
  • cookies
  • wine
  • soaps
  • chocolate covered candies and fruits
  • meat cuts
  • wine
  • and more.

Customer Support

If customers need assistance or support, they have it 24/7 with Flower.com. They also have a chat box on their website where you can immediately talk to a customer service representative. If you prefer to email, they have that option as well.

Delivery and Exchanges

They have the option of express delivery with a fee of only $4.99. With express delivery, they guarantee delivery within 4 hours of purchase. If they are not able to deliver the flowers within 4 hours, they will credit back the express delivery fee. Their standard flower delivery is typically same day delivery, as long as you order before 3:00 pm in the recipient's time zone. These delivery quotes are guaranteed. Customers can make exchanges within 7 days of delivery if they are not satisfied with their floral arrangement or gift.  This is backed by their guarantee. They have a very informative customer service page where any question a consumer might have can be found. Some of the following sections they have are:

• Flower Delivery Information
  • PO Boxes
  • Rural Deliveries
  • Delayed Deliveries
  • If no one is home
  • What happens if the recipient is not present at the time of delivery?
  • Service Fees

• Card Messages
  • Wine
  • Request to Leave Item at Door
  • Recipient Refusal of Delivery
  • Weather effecting florist delivered products
  • Weather effecting products that are shipped

Flower.com provides consumers with the option to send any of their products internationally; they are a global company with vendors all over the world.

The Bad

• Prices
  • Wedding Items

Prices

Most of their prices for floral arrangements are slightly higher than some of their competitor's prices. This is mainly figured out by comparing rose bouquet prices to competitor's rose bouquets.

Wedding Items

Their selection of wedding arrangements and items (corsages, boutonnieres, hand held bouquets, silk arrangements, dried arrangements, etc.) is very limited. They also do not do customized floral arrangements.

The Bottom Line

Flower.com has the ultimate selection of floral arrangements and gift baskets. Although they do not do customizable floral arrangements, with over 5,000 floral arrangements to choose from, consumers are guaranteed to find the exact floral arrangement they had in mind. They also have a 7-day guarantee and excellent 24/7 customer service. These positive points make the higher prices worth it. We recommend Flower.com for your flower delivery needs.

1.2

Monica Seixas
December 3rd, 2019 Pompano Beach, FL DETAILS

My mom sent me a surprise gift for Thanksgiving since she could not be here with us. It is now the Sunday after and the order has not arrived. I have called 4 times and they tell a different story each time. They couldn’t care less. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

Michelle W
November 27th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA DETAILS

Ordering these are so easy, and the flowers are exactly like the picture! I got these for my friend getting a new job, and it was such an awesome surprise for her! Plus they were delivered when they said they would be.

Jaime
November 19th, 2019 Veradale, WA DETAILS

Absolutely horrible customer service. First they took my money for a product that they didn't even have. They tell me there's another vendor that can do next day delivery. I paid for same-day delivery. The next day they emailed me at noon and told me that the vendor was too far out and was going to charge me an additional $23. I said forget it and cancelled my order. I told him how disgusted I was with their service and the gal on the phone told me that they tried to accommodate me by charging me an additional $23 to go the extra distance. She then said she agreed that it was ridiculous but there was nothing she could do. I'll let you all know if I ever get my money back...I want my $77 back!!!

stacy rieders
August 13th, 2019 Forney, TX DETAILS

I had ordered arrangement to be sent to my friends daughter she just had a baby boy . they were not delivered when they said they were going to be . then informed me they would be delivered Forist thing on Monday morning they were not . This is not the first time that this has happened. I will never use Flower.com

Disappointed mama
May 21st, 2019

I'm surprised this company is not out of business the way they DO business. My son, for the first time ever, tried to send me a bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day 2019. This was a HUGE deal for me and I was so excited. Today is Friday...STILL no flowers. He's called several times and they keep telling him the order was messed up so they have to re-schedule delivery. They've sent him two separate emails stating the flowers have been delivered. I've been home, waiting for them. NO FLOWERS! We've confirmed and re-confirmed my address. He told me this morning he will never use this company again. I will certainly never even attempt to use this company and I'll tell everyone I know not to use this company. It's horribly run, their delivery system is severely flawed, and their customer service is VERY poor. All reasons to stay far, far away!

Cathi Mitten
April 24th, 2019 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS

Horrible. I order flower for my mom's funeral and they were never delivered. How devastating. Please don't ever use this company for anything.

Kelly Troupe
March 14th, 2019 Millersville, MD DETAILS

I ordered the Premium arrangement (“lots more flowers”) and received what was pictured As Shown. When I complained I was told that the fine prints reads that it’s a regional price. My ordered was not as advertised. The would only credit me the difference or give me $10 back to my credit card. It does not seem to be US based, but somewhere in Asia. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

Bryan Rhine
February 15th, 2019 Edmond, OK DETAILS

Ordered flowers for Valentine's day which were not delivered. Called company at 7pm to check on order and was notified that they could not find a florist to fill the order ( I live in a major metro by the way) but never bothered to call or contact me to let me know. They offered to find a delivery for the next day which wasn't useful. Looking at other reviews, looks like this company is a scam.

Dee
February 14th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

I ordered the flowers online. They were supposed to be white Lilly’s with fill in of small flowers as well for a friend during a time of comfort (funeral). I paid extra money to have them delivered the next day. They came the next day or the day after that. They never refunded me my money for extra shipping. They could not give any info on shipping and the worst part is, the flowers I ordered were not the same flowers received at all. I spent 114.00 and got knock off of flowers. They did not send emails or anything. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM FLOWERS.COM AGAIN. Ps. It seemed as if they only had one representative as well. I called back on two occasions. Horrible service overall.

Patricia Walker
November 2nd, 2018 Middleburg, VA

Ordered flowers to be deliver on September 28th for a birthday. I got an email on the 25th indicating they could not deliver on that day. When I asked what date they would deliver they said oh sorry we will deliver on time. I was traveling so didn't get a chance to follow up until October 3rd. I was then told sorry no we didn't deliver and can next week and will give you $15. Off next order. ARE YOU KIDDING WHO WOULD USE YOU AGAIN. You didn't inform me that you didn't deliver I have to follow up. I have requested FULL refund and would never use again. I learned about this from BRAD DEALS, I guess they don't get these deals well enough.

Sara Jane
July 19th, 2018 Crestwood, KY DETAILS

Just too expensive for what you get. I tried them once. The bouquets were not worth the price.

Drew M Mueller
June 5th, 2018 Edgewater, MD DETAILS

Ordered from Flower.com for Mothers Day. No delivery, I attempted to call there customer Service and or track the order on the website. Zero assistance from either. Finally on 5/21, 8 days after mothers day I was able to get in contact with customer service. Stating that the delivery was pushed back? After insisting they could deliver the flowers today 5/21, I demanded my money back. Awful experience. Terrible company. Order your flowers elsewhere.

John Ziegler
May 18th, 2018 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS

I placed two orders on May 12th. I was given a 48 hour guaranted delivery, as of Thursday they have not been delivered. I received a recording that they will deliver them on Friday the 18th. I have not been able to reach any person on the phone since Sunday afternoon. I have since called my bank to deny payment due to merchandise not received. Save your money and buy through a trusted florist of FTD. If I could have given a half star I would have.

Lisa
March 23rd, 2018 Midway, GA DETAILS

I would leave NO stars if this were an option. I sent flowers to my husband's daughters school for her award ceremony. I ordered 24 hrs in advance & paid for express delivery on top of that. My husband is deployed & could not make it to the ceremony, the flowers were to make it special. The online order status did not work. I called several times & was told it was 'Out for Delivery'. I called an hour before the school closed, still nothing. Then I get a call that they can't make the delivery today. YOU MORONS! This is your job. Flowers are to make people happy and you have really ticked us off. POOR customer service, POOR website. Call a florist and order direct.

keith brawley
December 21st, 2017 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

Ordered flowers for Girlfriend on Vacation ,special occasion!!! Talked back and forth with they're customer service 2-3 times a day!!! about why they couldn't make the delivery , VERY EASY PLACE TO FIND ...they kept saying they would , 2 weeks later After Girlfriend and family left , Delivery Location , they said they attempted to make the delivery and could not.!.!.! So they refused to REFUND !!! Acknowledging they DID NOT DELIVER!!!

Theresa Osbourn
November 20th, 2017 Flower Mound, TX DETAILS

Description on line is poor and inaccurate. Make sure you understand and get a thorough description or you will not get what you think you are getting. Then customer service is rude.

Ennie cordero
September 11th, 2017

I ordered a nice booket for my mom's birthday. When she received the delivery, the flowers were not fresh, almost dead and the water was really hot. I was so disappointed since I paid like 60 something dollars for the Booket. I will never purchase anything there specially online orders and will tell my friends about so they don't waste their money and be disappointed just like I was. Please take that into consideration. Lousy service and is not cheap .

Thilayd
July 27th, 2017

I ordered Mother's day flower. Paid for same day delivery. Delivered two days late. Flowers delivered were not even fresh. Very Very disappointed! Worst service ever!

ramona zaragoza
September 20th, 2016

horrible service..Ordered flowers for someone's birthday arrived a couple days later and wasn't even what I paid for..I had ordered an arrangement over 100 and this looked like something I could have picked up at the local supermarket. I called about 15 times always the same thing someone will call you back ...we don't have a supervisor in this department. but can't transfer you to the other department. This company is a scam ..I researched reviews and always the same story... I bet they are making at least 50 % profit even though I'm sure it more. Someone should really investigate them since their is clearly something wrong here.

Karen Parker
May 12th, 2016 Satellite Beach, FL

I ordered flowers for my mother for Mother's Day. For some reason, I woke up at 12:44AM Sat night(Sun) prior to Mother's Day worried that they wouldn't be delivered - prob bc it has happened in the past w/ FTD.com. I couldn't shake the feeling so I went to my computer & found the email receipt for my order. I read it & found that they had an "out" for "in case they don't deliver" when they should. That really bothered me so I went to the site & found that on-line chat was available so I began a session to verify my mom's delivery. I got a CSR named Joy that took my order number (after extensive waiting throughout the entire session, but I was glad to have reached someone at that hr) & verified that the order would, in fact, be delivered on Sun for Mother's Day. She assured me there was no reason to worry. JOY WAS WRONG! No attempt to deliver flowers I pd just shy of $100 for was made. This is my mother's first MD since my dad's unexpected & very difficult passing just this past Nov. She is still having an extremely difficult time & while we have a trip planned to spend time together next month (I live 2 states away), I could not be there with her for Mother's Day. This bouquet & a phone call would have to do for the moment. She got the phone call - but that was it. I usually order via ProFlowers.com but they dropped the ball a few orders ago & never made good on it + their Sun del fee was a bit higher so I trusted Flowers.com to handle this & they FAILED - MISERABLY! I read the reviews & thought w/ the good far outweighing the bad, it would be alright. NO! Most people would agree that it's one thing for a company to screw up something you've pd them to do but it takes on a higher level of offense to screw up something you've pd them to do for your mother. ESPECIALLY ON MOTHER'S DAY!! The on-line cust svc form is hardly adequate but all you get when live chat isn't avail bc they claim phone lines are backed up. Prob w/ calls of COMPLAINT!!!