Avas Flowers Logo

7.1

LAST UPDATED: September 17th, 2021
Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

TheBouqs.com Logo
1.8
FTD Logo
#4 FTD chevron_right
4.0

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.1

BK Mansfield, TX

So disappointed! While the customer service rep was polite, thus the reason I can give 2 stars, the service was extremely disappointing! They allow you to order arrangements and do not let you know that major substitutions will be made if those flowers are not available. And, my delivery was scheduled for Saturday and didn't find out until after it wasn't delivered and I called to follow-up that it would not be delivered until WEDNESDAY!!! That's unacceptable, especially since I gave my phone number in case there were any issues with delivery. They sent an email, but I don't check my email on Saturday, that's why I gave my number!!! The supposed "upgrade" I would receive for the issue was by no means an upgrade in my estimation and far from what I ordered. I will not be ordering here again because I can't trust that my order will be fulfilled on time or will be what I ordered at all!

Paula Orwick Bella Vista, AR

Horrible customer service. I ordered funeral flowers and I spelled the name 3 times and they still got it wrong. I called to get it changed and for $10.00 they would not change it after the arrangement had been delivered. That was their mess up not mine ...I will not use them or even refer them again ...I spent $75.00 and they wanted more for their mistake...I talked with a manager and he was no manager more like a robot saying the same thing. This company only thinks of money and not satisfying the customer. If it were your funeral would you like your name spelled wrong think about it

Carolyn Nichols Lakeland, FL

Ordered flowers 1 doz mixed colored roses All red were sent .Last year I ordered a purple rose arrangemet a pink arrangement was sent that looked like an 8 yr old threw it together.After sending them a pic of it they gave me $ 18 refund.I will not be ordering from Avas again

Robin Peregoy Arlington, VA