Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.9
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.4
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.0

Sahil Suy-Saran
August 5th, 2016 Rochester, NY

This company has no value. Morals. Or understanding of the consumers needs. They are slow in response. They lied to get the sale and made excuses later. They don't care about anything but money i spent hundreds of dollars on trash.

Marie Garza
July 30th, 2016 Santa Cruz, CA

They are horrible. Delivered to my daughter who just had baby horrible ugly floral arrangement. Then wouldnt correct it. Then called me 2 hours later. Daid would deliver next day the correct beautiful floral arrangement I ordered. They went took her ugly arrangement back and gave her a smaller and still not the floral arrangement I ordered . And smaller. I am so embarrassed. Mean uncaring people. Just not all customer service quarantee as it states. They show the pictures but send something they throw together and call ot to value. Horrible business.

Catherine
July 28th, 2016 Lawrence, MA

A close friend of mine passed away a few days ago and for the wake (this Friday) I wanted to send a bouquet of flowers to the funeral home. I no longer live near this friend and I am unable to make it to the wake, so I researched some local companies that would be able to fulfill a nice flower arrangement and timely deliver. I found Ava Flowers online and decided to order from them. No more than 2 hours after the order, I received an email and text requesting that I call them due to an URGENT matter. I called the company and the first representative I spoke with seemed to have no idea why I was being told to call. After several minutes on hold, I'm finally told that the order cannot be fulfilled and I would need to pay an additional $40 to use a different company or arrangement or they would just send a fruit basket to the family instead. I requested a refund because, after reading the full obituary, I realized donations in lieu of flowers was a much better idea. After arguing with him, I was told to call back in 5 minutes. When I called back, another representative answered. After explaining what the first one had said to me, she stated that she didn't believe he worked for the company and that they would never offer me those options, then proceeded to give me more options and told me that she had personally contacting the funeral home and was assured flower arrangements were still being taken. I requested, yet again, a refund since the order could not be fulfilled and no action had been taken yet to create the order, and was told I was being transferred to a supervisor. After 10 minutes on hold, the hold music stopped and demanded I schedule a call back. I called the company again and spoke with ANOTHER rep, again, and demanded to speak with a supervisor, only to be put on hold for another 15 minutes and to have the same message kick in. I called back twice more with similar results, except this time, I was actually hung up on. Finally, I decided to call my bank and dispute the charge. Thankfully, my bank was able to dispute the charge and refund my money after contacting the company. Minutes after I get off the phone with my bank, Ava's calls me back to let me know that they are waiting for a phone call from my bank to notify them of the dispute (which already happened as they were clearly notified if they knew about it). This was absolutely the worst company to deal with. I never thought I would need to read reviews for a flower company in my life and I have officially learned my lesson. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Completely incompetent people with poor communication skills who have absolutely no understanding of how a company should run. Do no use this company unless you have some pent up rage you're ready to get out by fighting with some of the most narrow-minded and daft beings on this planet.

Lisa
July 26th, 2016 Worcester, MA

Do not order from this company! I had a horrendous experience today and after seeing all of the negative reviews online and the BBB, I wished I had checked before giving them a chance. I received a plant and it was very poor quality for the $60 I spent. Carol at the office kept arguing and saying her "designer approved it" and they all thought it was beautiful, and she was laughing at me on the telephone and would not follow through on their policy to exchange the product. Their customer service is the lowest of the low. Shame on them! They should not be in business. Please read all of the reviews online before you give them any business.

Cindy Black
July 25th, 2016 Hemet, CA

As soon as I placed the order, they called me to "discuss" my order. When I called back they said they did not have the item I ordered in the small size, I needed to upgrade to the largest size, and they needed to charge me an extra $15. I told them, "No," and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money. They insisted that they would find me a better deal. They left me on hold 2 more times and came back with the same deal - an upgrade that would cost an extra $15. I insisted that they cancel and refund my money, and they hung up on me!!!! I called back 3 more times, waited on hold, and told them to cancel my order and refund my money. One time they lied and said the designer was already working on my flowers, even though they were not going to be delivered for 2 more weeks. I told them it was obviously a lie, and they hung up on me. They hung up on me each time I called back and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money. I sent them an email asking them to cancel my order and refund my money. They never answered, never cancelled or refunded. When I read the reviews, I saw that they pulled this "extra money" scam on every customer. Horrible business!!!! Don't buy from them!!!!!!

Catherine Chapman
July 19th, 2016 Baltimore, MD

This company is very misleading on their website. It is not a local florist anywhere but a wire service. I was totally lied to and the order that was delivered was not what was ordered and paid for. The order was returned to the local florist that delivered. They told us that they have a lot of trouble and complaints with Avas Flowers This happened at Mother Day of 2016.

Karen
July 5th, 2016 Dothan, AL

We paid $125 for a "LARGE" vase of flowers to be delivered to our daughter for her 25th birthday. We saw them this weekend when we visited her. They were horrible. It looked like something I would put together buying grocery store flowers for $14.99. Unbelievable - and embarrassing for us that this is what she received in front of her co-workers from her parents for her birthday. Very very dissatisfied with this company !!!

Denise
July 5th, 2016 Wahoo, NE

Ordered a Medium size, meat and cheese gourmet basket for over 75.00. What was delivered was 3 apples, 2 oranges, 1pair,1grapefruit a package of goldfish crackers, vending machine PB cracker, Milano cookie. Where the meat and cheese!!!

Linda Rossi
June 30th, 2016

very poor product that constitutes false advertising! Don't buy from there. I bought a "large premium" bouquet and they sent a small vas with 5 stems and claimed that is the LARGE PREMIUM BOUQUET

JaNae Smith
June 28th, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

The flowers were not delivered on my mother's birthday as requested, and they did not call regarding reschedule. My mother was home and waiting for the flowers so they must have had the wrong address if they really attempted delivery at all. They did not call me or any other number on file to call for problems. Also, once finally delivered 2 days later, the arrangement was nothing near what I ordered. They would not refund the money either saying I approved a 'designer choice' arrangement when I never approved this. I am beyond upset that my mother's 60th birthday did not turn out the way I wanted.

Loren
June 13th, 2016 Hampton, VA

Flower arrangement delivered wasn't what I ordered and didn't match the description of the arrangement. Consumer service didn't stand behind the arrangement. Will not recommend this company.

LoriRow
May 12th, 2016 Palm Bay, FL

On May 3, I ordered flowers for my mom on Mother's Day. I wanted then delivered early to insure they would get there because it means a lot to my mother. They were supposed to come Friday the 6 but by Saturday and Sunday I spent hours trying to find out what happened to the flowers. First, they couldn't find my order. I called my credit card which confirmed they were paid May 4th. Finally someone found my order and told me they would be delivered that day, Mothers Day. That night I got a call from my mom, still no flowers. I tried to call but it kept going into a voice mail. I left messages with no return calls. I finally got someone on Facebook that found the order but told me the florist was gone for the day. The next day, after Mother's Day, I got a FB message telling me the florist never got the order and I can either have it delivered late or cancel the order. Really? Hours of calling ruining my Mother's Day and my moms and she can either get late flowers or cancel? No discount, no coupon, no nothing! Horrible customer service. Of course I cancelled because they are not getting a dime of my money!

Scott
May 12th, 2016 Arvada, CO

Stay away! Avas Flowers is a straight up scam. I paid $70 for Mothers Day flowers 4 days in advance, and they simply did not deliver. They sent an email apology claiming that they had issued a refund - but there was no refund two days later. These people are thieves, and they ruin the most important holidays for those they sucker in by pretending to be able to deliver flowers in whatever town you search for. They are in New Jersey, not wherever you want flowers delivered. Crooks, pure and simple. They need to be destroyed and shut down.

Amber
May 12th, 2016 North Hollywood, CA

2 HOURS LATE. WRONG ORDER - HALF OF WHAT WAS ORDERED SHOWED UP. WRONG VASE COLOR ARRANGEMENT. LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THE PHOTO AND WOULD NOT OFFER ANY LEVEL OF REFUND. CUSTOMER SERVICE HORRIBLE. ONLINE E-MAILS AND BY PHONE. They even had the nerve to tell me I was wrong. That it looked just like the photo. IT DID NOT. I took pictures and supplied the images. They were rude and I wasted my money. So disappointed. I tried t post on their website - not able to. They make it look like it is a great purchase and they are so misleading. DON'T ORDER THROUGH THEM.

Rod Schurman
May 12th, 2016 Fremont, CA

Ava's Flowers is the worst service company I have ever dealt with. Everyone makes mistakes, things happen, but to be lied to repeatedly, repeated promises of fulfilling the order only to eventually have the order canceled without explanation is totally unacceptable. I intend to repost this in multiple places for at least the next year around any holiday that may involve flowers. Here is my story. My sister recommended Ava's Flowers since they had successfully delivered flowers to my mother several times in the past. Saturday morning I place an order for delivery on Mother's Day, the next day (order #3180788). I am advised that due to the holiday the order may not be delivered until Monday. That's fine, no issue, I was late in placing the order. Later that day I check on the order status and am surprised to learn it will be delivered that day, Saturday. Cool! At 6:30 pm I check again and am informed the flowers should have been delivered but the driver has not confirmed delivery yet. Great, I think. At 10:30 on Sunday I receive an email that my delivery date has been changed to Tuesday. What? That's weird, not catastrophic since my mom's birthday is Wednesday, so all good, but I call customer service to find out what happened. Eventually the customer service guy apologizes for the mis-information and tells me the flowers will be delivered on Sunday. Great, thanks I tell him. Sunday comes and goes, no flowers delievered. Monday I get a call from another person who apologizes for the flowers not being delivered and promises that not only will the flowers be delivered Tuesday, but they will make them bigger and better than what I ordered. Great, thanks, just make it happen, I tell the lady. Late Tuesday I get an email that my order has been canceled and my money has been refunded (maybe they just refunded my my order? Nope.). Wednesday I call my mom and wish her a Happy Birthday and learn that no flowers have been delivered. I can understand delays around holidays, but to have been lied to three times with no valid explanation as to what happened is totally unacceptable. No one in my family will ever order from Ava's Flowers again, and I strongly urge my friends and theirs to never order flowers from them as well.

Dianne Combs
March 14th, 2016 Fayetteville, NC

Flowers ordered for funeral total $133. Ordered a banner a bow and a large arrangement on a stand. Received wilted small basket! They are claiming I did not notify them within the 24 hour window. I returned to them the email I sent the next day after the funeral. Very unhappy with the flowers and customer service.

Carol
March 14th, 2016 Liberal, KS

They bost "local" (McPherson, KS) but are not. They say no delivery charge but after you put in your credit card info they add in a handling fee. So I called the 1-855 number was was met with nasty attitude, the worst unprofessionalism I have ever seen! All I wanted to do was order some flowers for a loved one and now I am stressed, upset, angry and still haven't got flowers in ordered.

Angel V.
February 25th, 2016 Wesley Chapel, FL

⚠ WARNING: HORRIBLE FLOWERS ⚠ Avas Flowers - Nipomo, CA Order #2893025 with a delivery date of 02/12/2016. I placed this floral order with a family owned business because I want to support small businesses and thought a small family owned business would put thought and effort into the arrangement I ordered for my sister on her birthday (which also happens to be Valentine's day). I asked and paid for their largest floral arrangement with hydrangea and roses. Was I in for a horrible shock when my sister sent me a photo of what was actually sent by this florist. What was actually sent by this florist were 4 very small roses with 2 hydrangea. There was an orange on her desk that was almost just as big as the arrangement designed by this florist. NEVER EVER will I do business with Avas Flowers again. Good luck on speaking with anyone regarding an order already placed. They only answer the phone if you are placing an order. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE with your business! ⚠ WARNING ⚠ DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH AVAS FLOWERS!

[email protected]
January 6th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

Ordered Xmas Centerpiece premium. Avas delivered a very small poor quality arrangement. Customer service very poor,oly want to give $20 credit for next order. I will never use them again.

BK
September 3rd, 2019 Mansfield, TX

So disappointed! While the customer service rep was polite, thus the reason I can give 2 stars, the service was extremely disappointing! They allow you to order arrangements and do not let you know that major substitutions will be made if those flowers are not available. And, my delivery was scheduled for Saturday and didn't find out until after it wasn't delivered and I called to follow-up that it would not be delivered until WEDNESDAY!!! That's unacceptable, especially since I gave my phone number in case there were any issues with delivery. They sent an email, but I don't check my email on Saturday, that's why I gave my number!!! The supposed "upgrade" I would receive for the issue was by no means an upgrade in my estimation and far from what I ordered. I will not be ordering here again because I can't trust that my order will be fulfilled on time or will be what I ordered at all!

Paula Orwick
June 4th, 2018 Bella Vista, AR DETAILS

Horrible customer service. I ordered funeral flowers and I spelled the name 3 times and they still got it wrong. I called to get it changed and for $10.00 they would not change it after the arrangement had been delivered. That was their mess up not mine ...I will not use them or even refer them again ...I spent $75.00 and they wanted more for their mistake...I talked with a manager and he was no manager more like a robot saying the same thing. This company only thinks of money and not satisfying the customer. If it were your funeral would you like your name spelled wrong think about it

Robin Peregoy
August 13th, 2016 Arlington, VA

6 names on the card and 4 was incorrect

GeeZee
March 15th, 2019 Livermore, CA DETAILS

I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my mom late in the date on 3/5/19. Spring tulips (15) in a vase. It was delivered same day and my mom said they were beautiful. I ordered a 56.00 arrangement and was charged $88.41. The flowers lasted 5 days. I called to inquire about the upcharge. Received a bow and full-size card I did not authorize for $8. They credited me $10 back on my cc and $15 store credit. Took 20 min to resolve. They are helpful and friendly people but something weird is going on. I personally felt the flowers looked okay. As long as my mom was happy.

Melinda Dlouhy
June 25th, 2018 Lee's Summit, MO DETAILS

I ordered a medium plant and paid almost $70. It was sitting next to another plant at my cousins funeral and it looked pathetic so very small. Not worth the money at all, very embarrassing. Your policy says you can return it for a refund but how are you supposed to do that when it’s a funeral ?

Terri Sajda
October 27th, 2016 Bridgeport, CT

Flowers were left at front door even though there were 2 people home. Delivery person did not knock. Recipient would not have noticed flowers if they had not gone out. My email notification said the flowers were signed for by "Smith". There is no Smith at this house. I am very disappointed with the delivery. If the recipient had not gone out, the flowers would have frozen. Not good.

Ed Thompson
August 8th, 2017 Longmont, CO

I recently gave a harsh review of the service and flowers that Ava's provided. I got a call from them and they reshipped the flower arrangement @ no charge. I have to give them credit for making things right. I have now ranked them an 8 to recognize their effort.

Gary K
April 4th, 2017 New Haven, CT

Flowers arrived on time. They look very pretty and smell wonderful. Ordering process was easy. Price was reasonable.

Joanne gustafson
January 16th, 2017 Laconia, NH

Received roses for my birthday. The temperature was 22 degrees. I was not home and they were left on my porch for 5 hours. They froze. I called Avas and they sent replacement flowers the next day. They really stand behind their quarettee. Great customer service !

Becca
October 11th, 2019 Livermore, ME DETAILS

I am very pleased w/ Avas Flowers. There website is easy to navigate. They have a good selection. I ordered same day delivery and was very pleased that they did indeed arrive on time and were beautiful! Thank you for making my mom's bday so special and for making my day as I was having difficulty find any florist to deliver to her area. Sincere gratefulness :)

Ida hardin
December 7th, 2018 Berea, KY DETAILS

My sister was in the hospital and I wanted her to get flowers, ftd did not deliver in her area so I went with Avas,they were very courteous and the flowers were gorgeous,wonderful experience