Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.9
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.4
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.0

Gin Lawson
January 5th, 2017

If I could give them zero stars, I would. I ordered a funeral wreath the same day my grandmother passed away. The funeral was scheduled for Saturday, and I ordered the flowers on Monday. Ava's Flowers charged me an expedite fee, $9.99. During a customer service call regarding other mistakes with the order, I asked how far in advance flowers need to be ordered to avoid an expedite fee. Ava's Flowers acknowledged the error and sent a revised invoice. The new invoice amount was actually higher than the original amount billed -- after the supposed $9.99 credit. How does that happen? When I called back about the new invoice amount, the customer service person was rude, belligerent, and kept interrupting both my husband and me as we tried to get clarification about the new invoice amount. Keep in mind, this is after multiple calls to correct other mistakes, such as getting the message on the card wrong, and getting the recipient's name wrong. In addition, Ava's florist nickled and dimed me for everything possible, such as $3.99 to include a message with the flowers, $4.99 for a bow on the funeral wreath, and a $13.99 service fee (this fee mysteriously appeared on the final invoice, which is why the invoice amount increased, even though I had received a $9.99 credit! Save yourself the hassle. Don't do business with this company! Beware! This corporate conglomerate does not care about your loved ones. Buy local and support local shops and businesses. Ava's Flowers were not a local shop, even though it claims to be when you do a Google search. If you don't believe me, try it. No matter what town you search, Ava's will show up as a "local shop." Don't believe it! They take your order, and then subcontract with a local supplier. In fact if you ask, most reputable florists refuse to work with Ava's to fulfill orders. In the future, I will use Yelp to ensure that I am indeed working with a reputable, local florist with a brick and mortar storefront.

Lisa Douthit-Williams
January 4th, 2017 Pine Bluff, AR

I ordered a deluxe blissfully PINK bouquet for same day delivery. The order was not received until the NEXT DAY, in the AFTERNOON! When I found out which florist in my area they sent my order to, I called them. The owner read to me the order Ava's Flowers sent to him, it stated "DESIGNERS CHOICE for $39." I paid over $80 for this arrangement and I didn't even receive what I ordered. The flowers I received were a CHRISTMAS mixture of red, white, and gold flowers.......seriously?! Christmas is over!!! When I requested a refund they told me they were not able to process that because they couldn't reach the florist who filled the order, that is BS bc I've been talking to him and he said no one has tried to reach out to him since he received my order. It's not his fault since they didn't even send him the correct order to fill!!!!!! I will NEVER order from this place again, and I wish I had read reviews before wasting my money!!!!!!

Linda
January 4th, 2017 Catasauqua, PA

They sent the totally wrong bouquet as a gift and if we wanted to receive a refund, they said they would have to go to the house and pick the flowers up from the person who received them a week earlier. NEVER USE THEM.

Kaylyn Bower
January 4th, 2017 Saint Paul, MN

The customer service hangs up on you. Since they are a third party they can not garrentee you will get your order. They refuse to cancel the order. They have paid to take their BBB rating of a F off of Google search.

F M
January 4th, 2017 Simpsonville, SC

Ordered funeral arrangement and paid extra for holiday delivery. Flowers did not deliver. Got. Orification 30 minutes after funeral began. They offed to deliver to a home address later or a fruit basket. Neither was appropriate. Embarrassed!!!! My son in law's mom funeral. Will get a refund but damage done. They assured me of delivery 1 hour before service. Made excuse they were to busy to complete order because of holiday. Sad. Poor business practices.

Karis Strannemar
December 26th, 2016

Not a very Merry Christmas !I chose Ava's as I thought they were local. The website said "Coppell, TX Same Day Flower Delivery, Shop & Order Today!'. They are in New Jersey. It also said I had 35 minutes left to order, which I assumed I would be able to get a Christmas delivery. The 35 minutes part is still flashing and it's Christmas morning. I called customer service on the 24th, as the flowers should have been delivered on the 23rd. The answer was " oh yeah, let me check with that designer " and then the CSR said " it will be delivered today ( Christmas Eve). Nothing has been delivered. I spent sixty dollars on an arrangement for Christmas Day and nothing happened.No one called or emailed to say they were not able to deliver. It's sad. I do this every year because I can't be at my sister's.I am not sure how these people are still in business.

Kaitlin Fleming
December 26th, 2016 Amarillo, TX

I am getting married. I ordered flowers w/ message asking my sister to be my MOH, no message and I paid for it. They wrote her address on the greeting card. The flowers looked awful compared to online. I'm so sad this was taken away from me because of their screw up And I paid almost 100 dollars! Never again with this company.

Sean Michael
December 26th, 2016 Glenside, PA

Promised delivery on the Saturday before Christmas. The flowers were purchased by the team for our boss. The sales man promised the delivery would take place on time. He checked with the driver and used the phrase 150% guarentee it would be on time. The order arrived on Monday December 26 at 2pm, over 48 hours later than "guaranteed " Never again. Customer service was no help either, offered me $8 back and 10 credit. Credit to use in your lousy store? No thanks.

Lee
December 24th, 2016

Horrible experience. Ordered an advertised seasonal arrangement (over $106 charged) for friends grieving the loss of a loved one. Avas Flowers claimed their "designers are off" and wanted to substitute. I asked if the designers would be in several days later and was told "yes" and was told they could deliver the arrangement at that time. Found out by calling Avas the day AFTER the arrangement was to be delivered it never arrived. Again they tried to change the order. Ad STILL shows availability and SAME DAY delivery of the item I ordered. Left a message with Customer Service to talk with the owner. NO response. Requested a refund. NO response. Will NEVER use again. Will NEVER recommend. Will continue to purse my refund.

Elizabeth Brooks
December 20th, 2016

My precious Aunt passed away. I specifically wanted to order a gourmet basket for the family. I asked for specific items. They gave us nothing we asked for. The fruit consisted of 6 apples and one orange. They gave me no meat or cheese which I specifically requested. Customer service was rude, hung up on me and I let them know I was going to save other people from being scammed. Never use this company! NEVER!

BREANNA L REID
December 20th, 2016

Did not get my flowers expensive and no one answers the phone

Blazen Trails
December 15th, 2016

Worst experience i have had with florist. Ordered for moms b day,, never showed, had to ruin suprise, horrid customer service,,, order from any place other then here

Adrienne Taylor
December 9th, 2016

Please save yourself headaches and a million confusing phone calls, texts and emails. I ordered 2 plants a few days before a funeral. They never made it. 1 got sent to a house. I asked for a credit for the other one. The refunded everything but $13.95. Processing fee! They should have paid me for the Hours I spent trying to figure out my order. Run. Run fast.

Nick
December 7th, 2016

Ordered my wife some flowers for her birthday and they were never delivered. Terrible customer service.

Stephanie
December 3rd, 2016 Denville, NJ

I ordered the zen orchid on 2 separate occations. The first plant was completely white, large stem and large flowers. The second plant was small, short stem, and white with pink center. I called their customer service and the stated that it was the only "type"of orchid available from their greenhouse. They offered a 10% refund and. 20$ voucher for my next purchase. I will NEVER order from them again. BUYER BEWARE!

deborah boyle
December 1st, 2016 Saint Paul, MN

I cannot even find the right words to express how infuriated and disgusted I am with Ava's Flowers.Let me start from the beginning. Isent an arrangement to my daughter's house be used as the centerpiece for our Thanksgiving table on Friday, 11/25/16. Oncethe arrangement arrived, my daughter and I both realized the quality was atrocious. The flowers were not fresh, it was mostly daisy and carnations (not the roses and lilies that were pictured) and there was one baby blue and one lavender candle. Not only did the candles not match, but they were pastel - hardly appropriate for a fall arrangement! There was one lone white rose. It was painfully obvious that the florist just took whatever scraps that were lying around after the holiday to create this monstrosity. I am including a picture of what was ordered vs. what was sent. We immediately called Ava's and explained the situation. The gentleman my daughter spoke with assured us that he would send the florist out to pick up the arrangement right away and we would receive a full credit. Fast forward to Saturday morning, the wilting arrangement was still at my daughter's house. We called Ava's Flowers again and were told that the flowers were not picked up because they were deemed "suitable." Between me and my daughter, we spent upwards of FOUR HOURS on the phone with your company on Saturday. We were offered everything between a $10 store credit to a new, "bigger and better arrangement." We repeatedly asked to speak to a manager. At least ten times were put on hold for a member of the "executive team" only to be disconnected after a few minutes. On FOUR different occasions we opted for a call back at a later time and did not ONCE receive a call back. At this point, my daughter turned to social media and posted a review on Ava's Flowers Facebook page including a photo of what was ordered vs. what was sent. Numerous people commented on the poor quality of the product. Someone from the company did leave a comment asking my daughter to send a personal message with the order number so the problem could be rectified. She sent the personal message over four days ago and has yet to receive a response. The flowers didn't even last 2 days. My daughter posted a follow-up picture on Ava's Flowers Facebook page showing how much the flowers were wilted on day #3. My daughter called Ava's Flowers company yet again on Tuesday in an effort to speak with a manager. The first time I talked to Neal and he assured her that she would not be disconnected and would in fact get to speak with a member of the "executive team." She waited on hold for approximately 10 minutes and then the call was disconnected. She immediately called back and spoke with Jose. He once again gave her the runaround and refused to either #1 refund the order or #2 connect her directly with a manager. She was once again placed on hold. She then chose the option for a return call between 1:30-2pm. that call has also not been returned. My daughter sent an email on both of our behalves to [email protected] on Tuesday evening and Keisha N has been nothing but rude. She will not converse with my daughter, but insists she will only speak with the customer (me). I immediately sent her a follow-up email and she still refuses to discuss the situation saying it "can only be done over the phone," yet she will not call me or give her a direct number in which to contact her. In all, we have spent at least 8-9 hours trying to get this problem corrected, been hung up on upwards of 15 times and not received the return phone call I was promised five times. I STILL have not been able to get in contact with any member of management. They are crooks!

Winter Swol
November 30th, 2016 Charlotte, NC

Ordered flowers for a funeral. The flowers were not delivered yet when I called for a refund I was given a runaround as they were not able to immediately locate their driver to confirm - even though they had sent an email notifying that they were having to reschedule the delivery and the status of the order STILL says that it is being rescheduled for delivery - rather difficult to reschedule a funeral. I attempted to use their email to report the issue to get it resolved. I received an email to call them instead. Person on the phone could not refund, so I asked to speak to a manager. He refused and told me that if I would not listen to him then I should just call back later.

Demi
November 29th, 2016 Boise, ID

The worst service I've ever had in my life. The floorist said they were unable to deliver to a hospital, no one from Ava's company thought it was necessary to communicate that information to me for five days. I called customer service twice in that time period to find out what the problem was and no one told me until the final day I called. Finally I just insisted on a refund, because my friend has been in the hospital for five days and will hopefully go home soon. even after all this mess the customer service representative was rude and unhelpful, after fighting me about the refund for 10+ minutes she reluctantly gave me back only 1/2 of my money so I paid $30 for absoutley NOTHING except a headache and a big waste of my time! I will tell everyone I know not to use this company!

Clara Padelford
November 28th, 2016 Miami, FL

Ordered a bouquet with a yellow balloon for my mother in law. The bouquet that was delivered looks absolutely NOTHING like the picture of the one I picked, and the balloon I ordered arrived orange instead of yellow as I requested. I paid over $54.00 total for this arrangement and they are only offering a $10.00 store credit, which is beyond insulting. Never again!!

Marie
November 24th, 2016

This is the second time Avis has dropped the ball. In July my boyfriend ordered flowers for me for my birthday and now for thanksgiving the same thing. The bouquets were $100 . They weren't delivered on time nor were they the right flowers. And when we contacted them they just gave us the run around and tried giving us store credit. No we want our money back. We will never go through Avis again. So we ended up having to go through our credit card company for the refund.

jq
November 22nd, 2016 North Richland Hills, TX

I ordered a birthday floral arrangement on 11/9 for delivery on 11/10. No delivery or phone calls received. I called on 11/17 and rescheduled delivery for 11/21. Again no delivery or phone call. When I tried to call and cancel, rep said the best he could do was 11/22 delivery. When I said I wanted to cancel, he put me on hold for a supervisor and after about four minutes, the hold system hung up on me. I have disputed the charge on my credit card. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Barry Beaver
November 21st, 2016

Worst company they are so over priced and hidden fees. Delivery fees are way overpriced pitiful

Joanne Perry Burger
November 18th, 2016 Naples, FL

Ordered arrangement for sisters 60th birthday...what she got was a "wilted pseudo version" of what they advertise. BUYER BEWARE...you do not "get what you pay for here...stay away, far way!

misy
November 14th, 2016 Lawrence, MA

I ordered flowers for my aunt's wake. They were delivered an hour and a half after the wake ended. $132 for sending flowers to an empty funeral home!

Mitch
November 11th, 2016

Horrible! Promised to deliver 2 dozen ridden and tried to deliver 10 the day after the promised delivery date. Do not buy from Ava's!

Kaye
November 11th, 2016 San Mateo, CA

This was absolutely the worst service that I have ever received. I ordered flowers for my mothers memorial service and the flowers were 3 and a half hours late, not even the color I ordered or the vase that I paid extra money for. I called the company days leading up the event to confirm my order and to make sure they knew where they were going. The person I was speaking to knew exactly where he was going. Apperantly, he didn't know where to come to the day of the event and went to the wrong location. The flowers were almost dead and so ugly and the deliver was so rude. I called to complain about the service I had received and they would not let me speak to a manager. All the could do was give me 15% and that's so unexceptable. They keep hanging up on me. I don't recommend this horrible business. Don't support this horrible company. All these people are rude and disrepectful. Support a different flower company that gives you the service that you deserve.

Kate Baratki
November 7th, 2016 Englewood, CO

I was extremely disappointed with Ava's flowers. I went online to find a local florist as my sister lives out of state in Minnesota. I definitely should have researched this place sooner- as they are NOT a local florist at all. Of course, they were advertising some flash sale of 45% off all online orders. I ordered online thinking I would get a good deal, but of course there is always some catch and the discount did not apply. I placed my order anyways- hoping to send a beautiful birthday bouquet to my sister. They advertise "same day delivery", and for the price, I assumed this would happen. I was contacted by Ava's flowers- indicating that unfortunately, they would not be able to deliver them the same day, but would deliver them "first thing in the morning". I was disappointed, but agreed. The next afternoon, I received an email that they would deliver them the next available delivery date (which was 2 days later). At 11:00 a.m., I called to check on the status of the delivery. They STILL have not been delivered, but they assure me it will be today. I expressed my disappointment. I will be calling back in a few hours to check and see if they were in fact delivered ( now 3 days past her birthday). If they have not been, I will ATTEMPT to get my money back (which of course they charged my credit card immediately for). So, I have already paid over $70 for flowers that STILL HAVE NOT ARRIVED. I definitely should have done better research on this place. I will never use them again- or any online florist for that matter. I have had way too many bad experiences.

Neesie
October 24th, 2016 Littleton, CO

I ordered the Premium Pumpkin Bouquet with added purple roses, instead they took out the orange roses and charged me $20.00 more for the purple which came in pink. The arrangement that was received was half the size of the regular sized one and charge me the Premium Price of $76.00, plus the $20.00 extra. When I complained below is the response of the manager, James W. "We regret that you were unhappy with the receipt of your order. After reviewing your beautiful photo, and reviewing the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly. Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description as well as our Substitution Policies. I have attached a copy of Our Substitution Policy for your viewing." **Item pictured is a depiction of an arrangement that we will make as similar as possible with the same look and feel** When I responded, he never responded back. I look at all these sites with 4 and 5 star reviews and they must be fake!

Jamie Danels
October 21st, 2016

They are the worst flower company I have ever dealt with and how they manage to stay in business is beyond me. It definitely is a SCAM!!!!! Buyers Beware!!!!

Jeff Kunkel Jr.
October 20th, 2016 Fairfield, CT

Ordered flowers for my wife on our anniversary at 2:00 to be delivered to our family's house. They were supposed to deliver at 4:00. They stated they attempted delivery at 3:00 which was false. After several attempts to find out where they are, they continued to tell me they were going to be delivered that day. Never happened. They then attempted to deliver the next day and my family members refused the delivery because they were supposed to be there the day before, and we don't even live there - we were just visiting family that day. I then attempted to get a refund and they refused because they said the flowers were delivered and signed for. They said they were signed by my wife - who was 30 miles away at the time. They still have not given me a signed receipt with her name on it. They refuse to give me my money back. I am having them investigated for fraud. Forging someones name on a receipt is not only fraud, but identity theft. They could have avoided all of this by simply giving me a refund - but they are a company that relies on dishonest employees running a fraudulent business.

Anna Claire Abbas
October 19th, 2016

I should've read more reviews before I placed my order. WHAT A SCAM. TERRIBLE customer service. Claiming to be "local, family owned and operated business" but when you call its a room full of people in a corporate office who all have foreign accents. Promised same day delivery all over their website but then claim they can't deliver it today. They are refusing to cancel my order. I have been on the phone for over an hour trying to get my order cancel and they keep transferring me to different people and putting me on hold. I have asked to speak to a manager multiple times and keep getting an automated message when I'm "transferred." DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!! They will steal your money. I'm reporting them to the BBB and having my credit card company cancel the order. Update: Finally spoke to a manager over an hour later who claims they cannot cancel my order because its in their "terms" that same day orders cannot be cancelled- even though they cannot fulfill the order as promised. I placed the order prior to their "same day cut off time." She was so rude- laughing at me & cutting me off. This business should be shut down. I filed a complaint with the BBB and will be disputing the charges with my credit card company. I have never in my life experienced such horrific customer service. Also, I am a real customer and will be happy to provide my order # and receipt.

Aden Bolin
October 19th, 2016 Rock Hill, SC

Normally I try to handle things thru a company's customer service department. unfortunately that was not possible with AvasFlowers. #1 The customer service number provided is not a working or valid number - in fact it is no longer in service #2 Customer service's email system is laughable. It specifically states typical email return contact time is 8 hours - less than useful for immediate issues #3 When someone does finally get back to you, they offer virtually no solution to the problem at hand, and what solutions they do offer they do not follow thru with #4 When emailed AGAIN about the SAME problem, they never emailed back This is the worst online company I have ever dealt with!!! Arrangement ordered: 10/13- not delivered. Solution Proposed: Redeliver 10/14 - not delivered 10/15 - not delivered 10/16 - not delivered 10/17 - not delivered - called 3x, no answer 10/18 - not delivered - called 3x, no answer 10/19 - not delivered - called 2x, answered, offered to deliver 10/20. Offer refused, refund demanded. They argued about giving refund. Put on hold for 10 minutes, no one ever came back to phone, sent to prompt to schedule a return call. Is this seriously how someone should conduct business?

Erin
October 18th, 2016 Utica, NY

I ordered flowers for my moms birthday. I got a delivery confirmation email stating they were delivered when in fact they were NOT. I called and they said there was a mix up but they would be there shortly. The flowers were never delivered. I called the next day (after an email went unanswered, and 2 call back requests that never came) and they said the cops were called when they tried to deliver. I explained that they must have went to the wrong address. I asked for a refund and was told they couldn't do that. But said they could deliver them that day...still waiting for flowers, but they were quick to take my money.

Meredith Nuss
October 11th, 2016 Washington, DC

I ordered flowers for a family member who had just come out of intensive care. They were initially supposed to be delivered on Friday and then, after receiving a call after 9 pm, I received an email advising that they couldn't deliver on Friday and that the flowers would be delivered on Saturday. I received a confirmation email around 7 pm advising that the flowers were delivered. When I did not get any call from my relative I called to see if she liked the flowers only to be informed that no flowers had been delivered. We called customer service on Sunday and were told we had to wait until the next day for them to talk to thwir driver. After 2 hours of promises of possible delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday, they couldn't tell me for sure because they couldn't get thw florist in the phone, they finally aquiesced and begrudgingly issued a refund. ..that will hit my bank account in 10 days. Appalling fraudulent service. Run...do not use...

Kim L Townsend
October 10th, 2016

If I could give a zero star (or, better yet... a MINUS rating) for Avas Flowers, I would! My cousin passed away and my family and I were unable to attend the out-of-state funeral. In our stead, I wanted to order sympathy plants for his mother and widow, as well as flowers for the service. I've ordered flowers many, MANY times before (usually with ProFlowers.com), but have NEVER had as upsetting, maddening or exasperating experience in my life! In brief (yes - this is the SHORT version): * I called Ava's Flowers on Saturday to order flowers and plants for my cousin's funeral to be held Monday morning at 10:30 a.m. * The guy who answered Saturday's call told me to call back on Sunday. (???) * I called on Sunday and spoke with 'Eddie'. I stressed that it was imperative that the plants/flowers were to be at the funeral home by/before 10 a.m. on Monday. * Eddie put me on hold and claimed to be "checking with the local florist". He then assured me that "the local florist said they would open 'extra early' on Monday to get the order ready and it is guaranteed to be at the funeral home before 10 a.m." * I reiterated that if there was ANY chance that the order wouldn't be delivered in time for the funeral at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, then I didn't want to place the order. * Eddie GUARANTEED me that the order would arrive Monday by/before 10 a.m. * I placed an order for two plants and one floral arrangement to be delivered to the funeral home Monday morning by/before 10 a.m. The total cost came to $208.18 * Monday morning, I called the funeral home at 10 a.m. and asked if my flowers/plants had arrived. They had not. * I went to my order confirmation e-mail and clicked on the 'check delivery status' button. A message came up that said my order was scheduled for delivery that day - and no other information was available at that time. * I called the phone number listed on my e-mail and went through a ridiculously long menu in an attempt to talk with a human. * Once I finally reached someone (Lydia), I was asked to hold while they tried to contact the florist (I thought I was supposed to be talking with the florist in the first place)! They couldn't reach the florist - and then the line went dead. * By this time, the funeral had already begun. My phone rang and it was the same company, but this time I was speaking with Natalie. In my frustration, I said I wanted to cancel the flowers (which, obviously, were not present at the funeral)... but still wanted the plants to go to the deceased's mother and widow. * I was flippantly told by Natalie that they were 'sorry' and would refund the cost of the flowers. * The time was now a bit after 11 a.m. and I was extremely irritated. What put me over the edge, though, was when Natalie said that she had talked with her supervisor about my horrible experience and that her supervisor was willing to give me "the best compensation that they've ever extended to someone": a $20 in-store coupon. * That was IT!!! I told her that she AND her supervisor must be drunk to think that I would EVER spend another penny with this company and, furthermore, that pitiful gesture was the final straw - so I canceled my ENTIRE order! I am so incredibly disgusted by this company who, by the way, is NOT a local florist in the area that I wanted flowers delivered to. I consider this entire rotten experience to be a perfect example of fraud on the part of Ava's Flowers - and I suspect I'm not their first victim. They have yet to refund my money - and the worst of it is that there were NO flowers and plants from my family and me at my cousin's funeral. Shame on them! Buyer beware - this is NOT a good company and I can't UN-recommend them enough!

Suzie Boeyer
October 7th, 2016 Cornelia, GA

This company is a scam. I ordered a 100$ arrangement that was delivered early and left outside for over 4 hours, it looked like a 15$ bouquet you could get at Walmart. This company would do nothing to fix it, I had to call my credit card company to dispute the charge. Horrible customer service.

Gina Donato
October 6th, 2016 San Francisco, CA

The lovely ladies at my office ordered a Areca Palm for my birthday on 8-18-16 and spent a pretty penny on it. Although we took good care of it, it immediately started to show signs of distress and I thought it was just traumatized from the move. I left on vacation a week after it arrived and when I returned it was half dead. Upon closer inspection, it was covered in spider mites which I have a photo of but this site does not give that option. The response from Avas after three conversations with their "customer service representatives" is that is it not their problem. But they would be happy to give us 30% off our next purchase of dying plants and terrible service. Hmmmm. No thanks. In the long run, it would have cost them much less to simply replace their buggy plant.

Klowie
October 6th, 2016

Supervisor changed story 3 times on what he could do and then he hung up on me. Tried canceling an order after 2min. and they said they couldn't do so and that they would keep a service charge. ...why they did nothing and spent no effort on my online order after 2 min. So being charged for nothing is a crooked business. Not trustworthy or friendly.

Nikki Sullivan
October 4th, 2016

No one would return calls or emails. Needed same day delivery for funeral. Website said they would. But then got text saying no they couldn't! Horrible service SCAM!!!!! Do not use!

Amanda Bates
September 29th, 2016 CA

I ordered flowers to be delivered before 1 on tuesday, I got a confirmation of delivery but after much time on the phone they never delivered until the following day this is my 3rd day I demanded a refund because these were apologetic flowers and needed to arrive before one, they said I had to return the flowers the get my refund after they did not fulfill the service required I spoke to Camila Zavala as a manager she could not get me to her supervisor or anyone higher in rank. This place is horrible I am a first time customer and will give bad reviews on Facebook, instagram, BBC everywhere this place took my money and never fulfilled the promised service!!

Timothy Neher
September 26th, 2016 Robinson, KS

Horrible company !!! No Delivery ; No REfund, No Guarantee; On hold for over an hour!!! RUN FROM THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY !!!

Aaron Matsler
September 20th, 2016 CA

BBB rating is an F! This company is absolutely horrible! Please do your research before placing an order with this company. They messed up a $130 order I placed by only delivering half of what I ordered and what I did get wasn't correct ether. I called customer service and spoke to 2 different representatives. Their resolution was to give me a $20 store credit. The first representative actually said he would call my 9 year old daughter and tell her personally that he was sorry. What? He wanted to speak to my 9 year old? Seeing how I could hardly understand what he was saying with the accent from another country and that my daughter was devastated, I'm not quite sure how that is going to make things ok. Both representatives could barely speak English so I'm pretty sure the call center is not in the US. These representatives both laughed, were rude and would absolutely not let me speak to a manager. I found it weird that they both no matter what wanted me to speak to a manager. They both hung up on me and now I stuck with a $130 charge, an upset wife and daughter, a ruined morning having taken 2 hours out of my work day and flowers that were supposed to be a cheerful thing now a complete disaster. ABSOLUTLEY DO YOUR RESEARCH! The price is a little cheaper but if the order is incorrect for what ever reason then that cheaper price isn't so cheap anymore because you will not get a refund. I wish I would have spent the extra few dollars and ordered from a reputable company that stands behind their product than to have to go through this nightmare. You might get lucky but is a few dollars worth the gamble when sending something with such meaning. Yes I'm upset but this is an honest to God review of how a company doesn't care about their customers only their bottom dollar. Good luck if you do try this company. I've always had good luck in the past at 45 years old. Very rarely have I come across a company like this. Again go read the Better Business Bureau. They gave this company an F rating.

Lacey Jackson
September 10th, 2016

I placed an order on Sept 7th for delivery on the 8th for birthday flowers and balloons. This order was important. I reviewed multiple websites and did not realize Avas was a third party larger corporation because it said multiple times on its website that it was a “local florist”. I now know that this means they have contracts with local florists to whom they send orders and in exchange handle the customer service…poorly. I received confirmation that the order was left with intended recipient, and yet the recipient had not received the package. I e-mailed immediately to inquire as to where the package was, and why I received delivery confirmation. Two e-mails were sent separately. Both were responded to with the same boilerplate response. The customer service site claims extensively that they are open 24 hours per day for customer service needs. This is not true. The line actually states that they are only open during normal business hours EST. Calling back at 9a.m. EST I was unable to reach an individual for hours. The recording says to schedule a time for them to call back within a 30 minute window. This never happened. The call never came. It took six attempts before I reached a person, and was not re-routed to that same “call back” message. I finally reached a human an hour later who admitted that this call back feature does not work. No call back is scheduled. He had no updated information and it was too early to reach his designer locally. I was then reassured that I would receive a phone call within the next few hours, as they would be sure to keep calling. This too never came. Four hours later I called again and after five more unsuccessful attempts wherein I was re-routed to the “book a call back time” option, I finally reached someone. The second individual contacted the designer, indicative of the fact that no one had bothered during that interim. It was concluded that negligence is what resulted in the delivery failure. The company added flowers to improve the look of the bouquet and Avas refunded the expedited shipping costs and offered store credit which never expires, though I will unfortunately not be using it. The second individual to whom I spoke was professional and kind, even offered to make a personal phone call to the recipient to apologize for the birthday bouquet not reaching her on the birthday. While this individual did call the recipient personally, refund the extra shipping, and give me store credit which I will not use and have asked be taken back, the item STILL has not shipped. I was promised yet again that it would arrive a day late on the 9th and it did not. What I learned from their customer service is that the local designers have 24 hours from the time they submit the “left with intended recipient” delivery confirmation to send over a copy of the actual signature. The local designer did not actually make the delivery, but submitted that delivery confirmation in order to buy themselves another 24 hours in which to make the delivery. They were trying to circumvent the system, and in doing so I paid the price. What's more, they failed a second time to make the delivery. I have asked for a full refund and we shall see how things progress in that department.

PB
September 8th, 2016 Goose Creek, SC

Flowers never arrivered for my Aunt's funeral. Difficult to reach someone on the phone. Sales associates Joaquin, Lucy and Carmen all told conflicting stories about my order. THIS IS A FRAUDULENT BUSINESS.

Dee
September 7th, 2016 Indianapolis, IN

Ava's Flowers is the worst! I ordered flowers for my sister's birthday and they failed to deliver them as requested. Instead they attempted delivery 3 days later when my sister wasn't home. I never received a call or email indicting that the delivery was delayed. I called to tell them that a late delivery was unacceptable and request a refund and they Ignored my feedback and instead called my sister to set up a redelivery date a week later. Ava florist is awful and their customer focus is even worst. Order from them at your own risk?

Jane Ekbatani
September 5th, 2016 Santa Rosa, CA

Do not do business with this company, they are scam artists. The bouquet I sent was supposed to be valued at $87.99 and it looked like something from the grocery store valued about $25.00. They offered a 45% discount if you ordered from them in the next 41 minutes! This brought down the total for the bouquet to the sale price of $52.99! The bow looked like something from the Dollar Store! They repeatedly refused to honor the order for the flowers I ordered and insisted that I got what I ordered. I am reporting them to "ABC 7 On Your Side", consumer advocates, and reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. They advertised free delivery and then snuck in a "Handling Charge" of something like $11.95. They also charge $2.99 for a small card that said who was sending the flowers. Most florists offer a free small card to place in the bouquet, but not this company. The total price came to $64.63. No bargain here and you could do much better going to Safeway and picking up a nice bouquet!. Or better yet, support your local Florist! I feel I was scammed by these people, first by their ad indicating they were Sebastopol Florists, and second by the inferior bouquet of flowers that were delivered. Avas Flowers turned out to be a "clearing house" like FTD, but not nearly as good. They are actually located in Mahwah, New Jersey. The old adage goes here, if it looks too good to be true it probably is too good to be true! Buyer beware! They advertise like they are a local Florist when you search for a Florist online in a particular city. There are many negative reviews on FaceBook and they average 1 star! Their company page states they are rated 5 stars! I wish I would have researched FaceBook before I ordered the flowers. I could not find them on Yelp.com.

chris
August 31st, 2016 Charlotte, NC

These guys are not a real florist. They Hijack local florists business and lie to customers saying they are local. They charge all of these fees that they keep. they do not send the delivery or anything to the local florist. They send your order through wire service companies like FTD and 800 Flowers/Bloomnet and get paid 27% of the subtotal. An example would be this. flowers $39.99 delivery $9.99 sales fee $9.99 handling fee $5.00 the only amount they wire out to the local florist i $39.99. they are ripping you off and devaluing your order. they lie and promise early delivery and charge extra for it, which thy keep!!! They give no refunds regardless of anything!!! Crooks They hire phone centers out of the country and none of these know anything about flowers. call a local florist always. When you are on google and search florist and where it is going, do not! hit the ads above, they are all scam companies. scroll down and click the ones that are local with a local address and phone number. its less cost and better quality. companies like this are ruining the flower industry. These companies as ell as FTD, Teleflora and 800 flowers Bloomnet have put a lot of florists out of business. Flowers are expensive and even for the florist. They are a luxury and the prices they charge you on here are a lie!!! this is why most florist wont fill their orders. Florists cannot fill them and cover their flower costs and cannot make any profit after they devalue this order and the wire service companies outrageous fees. Please educate yourself and do not call these online companies. Always a local florist You will be so glad you did!!!

Brenda
August 29th, 2016 Washington, DC

AWFUL!! Cannot reach anyone on the phone. Flowers not delivered - now 6 hours late and counting. Would not recommend this florist EVER.

Maria
August 29th, 2016 North Providence, RI

I hold Avias flowers fully responsible for training their customers service to lie, lie, lie. That's my experience when I ordered their miserable hot wilted flowers and than tried to return them just to get a worst bunch. This company undermines human decency and integrity of the people they employ. They may get away with it now, but it will catch up to them.

Suzanne Viele
August 28th, 2016 Frenchtown, NJ

I ordered a $240 funeral arrangement ... what was delivered was nothing like what was shown online. I understand the need to 'substitute', but it should look fairly similar. The color scheme was very different as well as a lack of fullness (I ordered the deluxe version which is what was pictured). Suffice it to say, I was very disappointed. When I sent an email to customer service, what I got was an apology and a $20 online credit for future use. Really?, do they think I would use them again? "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". I was essentially stuck with what they delivered since the memorial service was occurring in a few hours ...