Avas Flowers Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

7.1

E. A. Jurenovich San Antonio, TX

Note to self: read the online reviews before ordering pricey gifts from unknown online florists! Unfortunately, i didn’t, and I wish I had. I did appreciate Ava’s same day delivery; however, the “upgraded” European Dish Garden that was delivered looked like a cheap an ugly imitation of the pictured arrangement I’d ordered— thrown together in a leftover Easter basket. Very disappointing!!!

Tammy Lawrence Boaz, AL

Terrible!!! Mom never got her birthday flowers, Don't use Ava's if it is important to get someone flowers or anything on time or at all.!!!! Still waiting for my refund!!

Misti Austin, TX

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Worst customer service EVER. I tried for three days to get flowers delivered to a customer in the hospital. Like others, they charged me then let me know at the last minute they could not get the flowers delivered that day, offering discounts and credits. None ever materialized - the flowers never materialized.

Ben S Glastonbury, CT

Can't believe this company is still in business! Not once, but twice they were unable to deliver flowers to wife at work for our anniversary. Called them twice and they offered to send me "upgrades". The first upgrade never came. I wasn't going to try the second upgrade. I talked to customer service representative, but she wasn't helpful. Dania G. was the customer service manager that insulted by offering a $10 store credit. Like I would ever try and use them again. $10 was an insult! They would still get more money out of me. Not having that. They are the worst. DON'T BUY FLOWERS FROM THEM!!!

rosa Fair Lawn, NJ

Ordered floral arrangement for the cemetery and the colors of the flowers were not correct. Poor quality. I will not use them.

Tom Peterson Midland, MI

After placing order and being assured of same day delivery, was notified that they wouldn't be able to deliver until 2 days. Told rep to cancel order and rep said he's upgrade order for no charge. I said I wanted a refund and he told me he'd give me an in-store credit. It was only after I said I was finshed with this incompetent company that the rep agreed to refund my debit card, though it would take 10-14 days! Don't waste your time with this operation, especially if your flower order is important to you or your loved one

Lee

Delivery was a day late with no notification and upon delivery the flowers were not the same as what I had paid for! Customer service line had no clue and could not give any information to help. Will not be preserving from this florist again.

Susan Towle

Order made at 12:30 pm well within 2pm cut off for same day delivery but delivery was not made With the reason given that the order came into late. Also the customer service agent severely missed spelled my email address both in the name, the company name and used the extension .”com” instead of “.org”. I should have read reviews prior to placing my order. From the online ad I thought it was a Seattle, local, company and subsequently I read that it is simply a call center. Buyer beware, do not use this site.

Patty Roetzel

AWFUL FLOWERS,!!! Ordered flowers for my sister, even paid the extra deluxe fee as per advertised picture to make sure the arrangement was “similar to picture” as promised on the website! The flowers were dry, and very few, small vase and looked nothing like the picture that I thought I had purchased. Worse customer service EVER, spoke to many supervisors and after many emails later, all they would do is a $10 store credit!! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Kim

Ordered flowers for a dear friends wake and was called an hour before to be told that they do not deal with any florest who deliver to that funeral parlor. Gee I wonder why florsest don't want to do business with them.

Edward Bernal Hayward, CA

Paid for expedited shipping, showed up 6 days late. not an email, not a phone call. They refused to cancel and give us a refund. Customer service was terrible. It sounded like they kept repeating something from a script. Please check the reviews in yelp. I have no idea how this place has such high ratings on here. Also the arrangement looked like something you pay $15 at the local grocery store for. Not the $90 I paid. Check the picture I posted on YELP.

Tammy Shirley

Worse company ever, I ordered a beautiful arrangement, for my parents 54th anniversary, and received the worse arrangement I have ever seen, the vase was suppose to be red , it was a clear low quality vase , flowers was awful looking, I emailed, I lost track how many times, and sent pictures, then was told they only receive the picture of what I ordered, not the crap my parents received. So I resent over and over, They did nothing to make it right, I will never order from this company again, I usually order about 5 times a year, Mothers Day, Mom Birthday, Dad Birthday, Fathers Day and their anniversary since I am unable to spent this time with them. I was very embarrassed , they must have thought, how cheap, because that's how they looked. Every time I email, all I got was phone calls they are working on it, what are they working on? And Why call me, just make it right, this was so wrong to do anyone this way

meghanfoard Pullman, WA

I ordered flowers and paid for rush delivery. When they were not delivered I tried to cancel and get a refund the following day and they kept giving me excuses as to why they could not give me a refund. I finally got them to agree to give me a refund after staying on the phone for 45 minutes and threatening to sue. I still haven't received the refund.

Gail Gilman Kennebunk, ME

Scam Artist Fraudsters should not be allowed to cheat people on internet purchase. Business Bureau Rate "F" Outrageous conduit flower business to local florists who probably get only half the purchase price. Pass-through flower sales. Locals send wilted flowers. BEWARE!!!!

C. Wagoner Torrance, CA

Ordered two dozen red roses. Called customer service to make sure the recipient would receive an arrangement with greenery as pictured on the website. They promised I would receive an arrangement exactly the same or better than one from a florist. Not true so buyer beware. The flowers arrived partly wilted in a box. They had to be cut and trimmed, no greenery...worse than plain roses picked up from the grocery store. Two went into the trash. I was embarrassed to have sent flowers of such poor quality. Followed up and complained since I specifically talked to customer service about this being a possible issue. So far, no response.

Alice McCown

I recently had flowers delivered for my nephew's funeral. The flowers were delivered to the funeral home for the visitation and the funeral the next day. Some of the flowers were already dry by the time I saw them at the funeral. Also the status showed the arrangement was delivered at 6:09 a.m. That's not possible. After several emails and phone conversations, I was told by Ava"s that the "designer" said that they delivered fresh flowers and had taken a photo of the arrangement. What florist takes a photo of each deliver?. Ava's is supposed to email me a copy of that photo. We'll see.

Ed Thompson Longmont, CO

I recently gave a harsh review of the service and flowers that Ava's provided. I got a call from them and they reshipped the flower arrangement @ no charge. I have to give them credit for making things right. I have now ranked them an 8 to recognize their effort.

Natalia

It was a worse experience ever! I placed my order a few days before my friend's birthday and I wanted flowers to be delivered in the morning for a surprise, I even paid an extra 9.99$ for that. The Flowers wasn't delivered on time. I contacted the company and provider assured me that it will be delivered by 3pm for 100%. And it wasn't!!!! I contacted them again and they couldn't give me any information about the order because delivers didn't answered them. By 3.40pm I received confirmation email and text on my phone that Flowers was delivered but it actually never happened. So I suppose to call them a couple of more times to figure out what happening with my order and my friend never got those flowers! Seems like somebody else instead of my friend received unexpected flowers and signed for them. Now I can't even get my money back right away because they need to do investigation who received those flowers!! Totally unpleasant experience! Totally unacceptable! They just said sorry! But nobody cares that my day was messed up and my friend's birthday screwed up!!!

Cheryl Green Atlanta, GA

I ordered birthday flowers for a friend and had them upgraded. I asked her to send me a picture and the picture looked nothing like what I ordered other than the same colors. When I called to ask for a full or partial refund they were only willing to give me a credit toward a future purchase. They SUCK . Steer clear of this company,

Ky New York, NY

Flowers arrived on time but over half of them were damaged. After paying $18 just for handling (not shipping) you would think they would not be damaged on arrival. Very disappointing. Will not be using again or recommending to others.

Ron Knight Flower Mound, TX

I contracted with Ava's flowers to have a vase of flowers delivered to my sister on her birthday (July 31) two days from the order date. I input the delivery address (in the center of the town in Texas) and received the order confirmation that they flowers would be delivered to that address on July 31. My credit card was charged. I checked online to confirm the delivery but it never showed a completed delivery. Finally at 8:00 pm on the contracted delivery date, July 31, I phoned Ava's flowers to inquire as to what time the flowers would be delivered. After being put on hold for 14 minutes the Ava Flowers phone rep (whose English was very poor) told me that I needed to pay an additional $10 for the order to be delivered. This was told to me at 8:00 pm on the contracted delivery date after I phoned them! I refused to pay and asked for a cancellation. The flowers were never delivered as contracted and they demanded more money LATE on the delivery day. Horrible company performance.

Lilka Martinez Placerville, CA

Buyer beware. Horrible customer service. I ordered an arrangement on July 13, to be delivered on July 14. I found out on July 17 that it was never delivered. On July 17, the customer service representative tells me the arrangement will be delivered on July 18 and gives me a tracking number. The arrangement was never delivered.

Marina

All the horrible reviews are correct. After several days of screw-ups, flowers were ordered on Sat. for Monday, and when I tracked delivery discovered it was for the next Monday 9 days away! After several incredibly frustrating phone calls, in which I was repeatedly cut off after 15 - 20 minutes on hold, I finally got the delivery straightened out. When the flowers were delivered I found out they were horrible! Nine of the 17 stems were covered with mold and falling apart. I was sent photos showing a mass of falling apart rotting flowers, covered with clearly visible mold! After another nightmare getting to talk with someone on the phone I did get promised a refund, but I had to argue that I would NOT except a credit, and will NEVER do business with them again.

Tatiana Zuyeva Walled Lake, MI

NEVER order from Avas flowers ! WORST experience ever!! I order flowers for my daughter birthday in one week advance. Called day of delivery to confirmed and was told "out for delivery". She never got her flowers. Called next day and was told "the flowers OUT Of STUCK" !!! Never got any calls , email, messages. After wasting a lot of time on a phone got refund.

Kim Triebwasser Fargo, ND

I received a bouquet that was arranged as if a 5 year old did it and to top it off it was dead on arrival, For an additional charge I paid $4.99 for a colored vase that was not delivered. I called the company 6 more times and received 3 delivery confirmations over the following 5 days for the new bouquet they promised that was never delivered. I highly advise you not use this company for your floral needs.

Debbi Wilt

Do NOT use Ava's Flowers! I work at a florist who has to deal with orders from Ava's Flowers and they are absolutely ridiculous. The consumer spends a mere fortune to send flowers to their friends/loved ones and Ava's only gives the receiving florist a fraction of the money they have paid. They charge for delivery...the delivery charge does NOT come to the receiving florist. Many orders are received days after the intended date of delivery (we received numerous Mother's Day orders from Ava's the day AFTER Mother's Day....orders that were requested to be delivered 1-2 days BEFORE Mother's Day). Many orders are sent that are impossible to deliver as requested, the receiving florist sends a message back to them, sometimes it is DAYS before Ava's responds. If you need to send flowers out of town, simply Google local florists in the area you are sending them to and call a florist direct. It will save you money, and eliminate the fraudulent middleman. You will be much happier with your purchase.

Derek Minneapolis, MN

Ordering flowers from this company for delivery is a joke. I ordered flowers more than 24 prior to the date of anticipated delivery. I chose to pay for the expedited delivery (have them delivered before 1pm) as the recipient would not be at work after this time. I also ordered a box of chocolate to go with the flower arrangement. I was told that I would receive a delivery receipt once the order was delivered. an hour before the 1pm deadline, I called to inquire about the status of the delivery (I wanted to make sure that it got delivered on time) Avas Flowers was unable to get a hold of the vendor they selected to fill this order. They assured me that it would be delivered on time. I called again 15 minutes before the deadline of 1pm and got the same response. At 4pm (3 hours after the 1pm deadline) I received an email stating the the delivery was made. At this time, the recipient was no longer at work. The recipient called her office to ensure that they were in fact delivered. They were, but without the chocolate. The receipt that was included in the confirmation email showed three charges, one for the flowers, one for the chocolates, and one for the expedited delivery. I called to ask for a refund, as this was totally messed up. Avas continued to try and get a hold of the vendor they used for this order, and continued to tell me they were unable to get a hold of them to follow up and get a refund. After several weeks of calling and emailing Avas, they finally refunded my chocolate charge and the expedite. This was helpful but not what I was asking for. My feeling is that the whole order should have been refunded. The recipient of the flowers was not able to actually get them from work until 4 days later after returning from vacation. What a joke, bad customer service, not on time, I would never use this company again, and would urge other to not make purchases from Avas flowers as well.

Tiffany

You don't know all the fees they rack on till the end. Be very careful before you hit the last button. When the bouquet was delivered even the local florist was embarrassed by how bad the arrangement was. How do they stay in business with all these bad reviews?

Catherine Reydel Brooklyn, NY

2 funerals ruined in 6 months. No call back. We were in tears. It was my 50 year old sisters funeral. A disgrace.

Shauna Taylor FL

Crooks!!!! Delivery was not what I ordered--Looked like they got something from the Dollar Store and delivered it to my mom Mother's Day 2017. Never stuck by their satisfaction guarantee!! Horrible Company!!!

Weldon Auld

This company is an absolute joke. Nelson V was the agent that I had the absolute DISPLEASURE of coming into contact with. I have never been treated so rudely like my request did not matter at all until now. It is so sad that they do not train their agents better. I will NEVER use this company again for ANYTHING! I will be going directly to the florist in my town for anything that I need in the future. SAD SAD SAD If I could give negative 10 stars I would.

Ron Wildgust

Customer service seems to come from a 3rd party, foreign(Indian, Pakistani perhaps Philipean)agency who have marginal knowledge of fluent english making it very very difficult to communicate. The price on the website was 49.95 but asking the price when I gave him all the info went to 107.00. After objecting it went to 73.00. After complaining more it went to 57.00. Delivery was promised by 2PM on June 15, 2017. When they did not arrive by 4 I got back on the phone to simply cancel the order to 42 minutes of absolute frustration. When I asked for the phone number of the Mahwah HDQ no one could give it to me, another 23 minutes on hold waiting for a phone number--I hung up and went to my CC company who gave me instruction on how to gain satisfaction. Terrible, terrible company on all levels.

Darline Boykin

I received an email that the flowers had been delivered but they were not delivered on the day promised. I am not paying for them.

Megan

I ordered sympathy flowers for our grandmother. They were not delivered on the day I ordered(6/5/17). I had to speak with two customer representatives(Dora and John) until I requested to speak to the manager. Larry (supervisor) told me he would give me 20% refund(which I never received) and he told me the following day(6/6/17) they would be delivered or I would get a phone call/email letting me know they were not received. They were not delivered and I had to call customer service again on 6/7/17; I was placed on hold for over 5 minutes and the representative Sam, told me the order was rescheduled for today. I asked to speak to a manager and she transferred me to an extension and the manager didn't answer! I had to ask to cancel my order and it took moving a mountain to try and get a refund!!! Save yourself the hassle and frustration do not use this company!!!! This company is a joke! This company is horrible at customer service! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!

Sandra Flores Fresno, CA

Do not use this flower shop/company. I spent $250 for two orders that should have been a 1/3 of the cost. Their prices are inflated! Buyer beware!!!! The price is not commensurate with the quality of the flowers/plant. The ratings are not accurate.

Susan Rooney

My sons ordered an expensive flower arrangement for Mother's Day. I never received the flowers, but my son's credit card was charged. Luckily my son asked me if I liked the flowers several weeks later, after hurt feelings between all parties. Always order local!

D. Kocis Framingham, MA

TERRIBLE. Did not order from them, they are scammers. I paid for a $25 bear, they did not deliver it and would not refund it. I paid for a $49 flower arrangement, they sent a different arrangement and delivered it a day late. Customer service is in India, so they barely speak English and they are not helpful.

Tracy Horn

I ordered 2 dozen roses for my mother's birthday. They never arrived and I had to call multiple times to even get an update. When they did arrive THE NEXT DAY, they were wilting and warm in this terribly packaged box. I googled local florists since I wanted to try to give a local business a try. They are a joke and to make it up to me they offered me $10 back. Seriously? I can't tell you how much I regret not using pro flowers or 1800flowers. At least my mother would have had cool, live flowers ON HER BIRTHDAY instead of warm wilting ones the day later.

Cheryl Ward Bloomingdale, IL

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day. The flowers arrived 4 days after they were suppose to, they were not the flowers I ordered, they were wilted and dying already when my mom got them. They were more expensive than if I had gone with another seller, I only ordered from ava's because I thought it was a LOCAL florist, it was not! I am completely not happy with this experience and will NEVER order from them again!

Chris May 22 Easton, MD

The website claimed that the Rainbow bouquet was available for next day delivery, so an order was placed on Saturday. However, on the Sunday delivery date, their customer service called the sender to say they had been robbed and the delivery would not be done until Tuesday. The flowers that were delivered today looked like they had been dyed quickly and then packed in a shipping box which was delivered by UPS. The recipient opened the box and in the process of putting the flowers in a vase got dye all over his hands that he has not been able to wash off even after several attempts. In addition, the artificially dyed flowers smell funny and look unnatural and mangled. I would not recommend the arrangement, the quality or the questionable delivery excuse. Unless you want to send this bouquet as a tacky joke, I would not waste your money. I will be throwing these out. The thought behind the gift is appreciated, but not the quality or appearance of one of my two favorite flowers.

Kristina Brighton, CO

DO NOT waste your money on Ava's Flowers. We ordered a bouquet that was to be delivered Sunday, Monday if unable. We received a call that they were overwhelmed with orders and that it would be delivered Tuesday and would be upgraded. Not only was it not delivered Tuesday, it was delivered Friday and not the same bouquet. When we were told "upgraded" we assumed a larger version of what was ordered. Apparently a dozen roses with nothing else is an "upgrade" to the large and full bouquet we ordered. And their solution to fix their lateness and total switch and in my opinion, downgrade of flowers was to give me a 15% discount and $10.00 store credit. I will never use them again!

Jennifer Hahn Sleepy Eye, MN

I submitted my order online and received confirmation. The following day I received and email that there was an issue and to contact the business. I called and was informed my delivery date would need to be rescheduled for the day after the set delivery. I agreed and was told I would receive a $10 refund for the inconvenience. The following day I received several emails from the company informing me that the delivery would be further delayed several days out and they had the wrong recipient name. I called the company and they told me that someone had manually changed the recipient name and delivery address and that delivery would be several days out. I explained that it was ridiculous, I expect the company to use the information I submitted with the order and not change the recipient, address, and delivery date. The associate offered to fix the issue but the delivery would still be several days out from the scheduled date. What a horrible way to run a company, process orders, and treat customers. I will absolutely NEVER utilize this company and will be sharing my concerns with other potential customers. Shame on this company for being so outlandishly irresponsible and unprofessional as well as incompetent. They need to find anther avenue to generate revenue.

Janele Barreiro

DECEPTIVE AND UNETHICAL COMPANY Ordered flowers for Mother's Day for my mom and mother-in-law to be delivered this past Sunday, 5/14/17. The two separate orders were NEVER delivered. Not only did they ruin mother's day for my family but they refused to give me my money back and I am now out $162. This company is a LIAR and a THIEF. They stole my $162 dollars without providing or fulfilling any service. That in anyone's book is called stealing and is completely unethical and unlawful. They completely lie when they say they are one of America's Top rated local florists. They are NOT local, they are essentially a shady business with call reps in India who contract out work to local florists in the area the flowers are to be delivered. They also say that they are 'family-owned and have a staff of dedicated florists ready to design your order. That is a lie. Again, they contract out all orders so they have no idea who is making the order in the recipient's city. AND, not only that but the permanent banner on their website is misleading and a trap to order within 32 minutes as it says, "LAST MINUTE SALE, Free Delivery & up to 45% OFF, if you ORDER ONLINE NOW - While In STOCK - [Time Left to Buy: 32 Minutes]. It's always there, and it always says 32 minutes. If this is permanently on their website... how can it be a last minute sale? They do this so you can feel like you're getting a deal and you have to hurry to place your order. But you're not getting a deal; they're just swindling you. The customer service rep actually sounded frightened and said he wished he could help me but if he did anything he would be "in grave danger." What does that say about who owns this company and how this company is being run? Just check out how many people are upset on pissedconsumer.com: 3120 negative reviews and $1.2 million claimed losses. That is not okay. One floral shop owner posted this on the site, “This is how Ava's filled your orders. They take your money and offer a service that flower shops will not honor. We stopped taking orders on the 12th of May. Avas sent the orders knowing that could not be filled till a later date in hopes that you would take a discount or say its ok to send it at the later date. Ava's charges 5 bucks per color of bow, card etc... they also charge a service fee of 18.95 to 30.00. The only way we can stop this company is by not ordering from them and going to your local shop or calling a local shop in the town you want your flowers delivered in and by us the florist not accepting the order.'

Amber Pellegrino

I ordered flowers to be delivered a day before Mother's Day. The day of delivery they let me know the delivery will be delayed. Then today, they informed me that they to not do delivery to the address anymore, and it will have to be overnighted by a different courier. They also didn't have the flowers that I ordered, and were just going to send something else. The customer service was horrible. I was put on hold and got disconnected multiple times. I cancelled my order, and I will never use them again!!!! This company is a disgrace!

Michelle Chambers

I ordered an arrangement for my mom paid for express delivery and a full sized card. The card was a typical floral arrangement card, the flowers arrived 2 days later and was completely wilted within 2 hours of arrival. Mom was very disappointed.

Tom Jackson Bethesda, MD

Ordered flowers for Saturday before Mother's Day. Received an "urgent message" from Avas on Sunday evening. I called. They were unable to deliver the flowers. They gave many reasons including the heavy volume and a lack of stores in the area where they were to be delivered. They offered to deliver them the next day. I asked for a refund. I had two people try to convince me that I should let me deliver them the next day instead of asking for a refund. I was told by each of them that "every day is Mother's Day."

Kimberlyn Drew

I called them to order flowers for Mother's Day on Friday, and was told they would be delivered either Friday or Saturday before Mother's Day. Then over the weekend, we received an email saying the flowers would be delivered on Monday. Someone left a message for me this morning (Monday) at 6:30 am my time, saying they needed a different phone number for the recipient as they could not get a hold of her, and that they needed it right away so they could deliver today. I called several times and waited on hold at least a total of 45 minutes! I finally got someone and politely tried to tell them that I had had a frustrating experience and the person HUNG UP on me! I have now sent them emails telling them to cancel the order, and I have called my credit card to dispute the charge.

Dan Fesperman Lutherville Timonium, MD

Awful. Three days late on delivery for Mother's Day. Knew they wouldn't be able to deliver on time but took my order (and money) anyway, and then only offered 10 percent discount when I called to complain (and only after waiting through more than 20 minutes of being on hold). They advertise themselves as "local" no matter where you're calling from, or where you're logging onto your computer, but are actually a nationwide operation based in NJ. Deceptive, poor service, and poor response to complaints. Pretty much all you could ask for in lousy retailing. Don't EVER do business with this completely terrible company.

Elyse Greenbaum Springfield, NJ

Stay away from Ava's florist at all costs. They are the worst. I ordered flowers for mothers day that I was promised would come on Saturday. They now say they will be delivered after mothers day. This is unaccepatable. Dont do business with them-horrible customer service

Shaina Galley

I ordered a stellar bouquet of lillies, yellow roses, and some stunning blue and yellow flowers. My mother-in-law​ received a half dead lilly, 2 half dead yellow rose stems, red and white carnations, babies breath and some greenery. Instead of the big lux bow ties around the case I received a color and style of bow better suited to 'congratulations on your baby boy.' Multiple attempts at getting resolution isn't successful. I absolutely understand substitution but it's for flowers of equal or better value. Not carnations, not arranged like it's scraps (which it appears to be) from the warehouse floor. I also ordered the deluxe version. Pics to prove. I will make it my mission to make sure people understand this isn't a real local florist like it fronts to be. You're better off with 1-800-flowers or something else nationally ranked. I'm now off to find a new mother's day gift.