Avas Flowers Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

7.1

Brianah Carter Charlotte, NC

Ordered flowers for Mother's Day. A dozen sunflowers. The first bouquet arrived dead and rotted. The second replacement bouquet was also dead and THEY WEREN'T EVEN SUNFLOWERS. Dead daises. It took upwards of 45 minutes to get anyone on the phone at Customer Service because the first time I called I was put on hold for 15+ mins and hung up. After calling a second time, I finally got someone on the phone who offered a measly 10% discount. Mind you, I still did not have ANY flowers yet I am denied a refund. After a good amount of back and forth I was told I would receive a refund. This was after I asked the man on the phone to confirm that if a replacement bouquet was sent, it would be what I ordered and alive upon arrival. He could not. I still have not received my refund. Horrible company and I could not find anywhere to leave a google review. Word of advice: read their Yelp. This company sucks.

Moira Melvin Lutz, FL

I ordered a $70 bouquet for my cousin. When she sent me a picture of what she received which was not what I had ordered. I immediately tried to contact customer service and got no where. They were horrible. I further learned that they outsourced my order to a different florist which I was unaware of when I placed my order online. They are extremely overpriced and the made no sincere effort to resolve my dispute with them. They offered a $6 credit, which is laughable. I will not do business with them again. Total rip off. I have contacted my credit card company and am vigorously disputing the charge.

jen Ashland, MO

Looked at other BAD reviews. Mine was the same. Not just a messed up order but I believe fraud was involved. I ordered a vase, dozen roses, teddy bear and a balloon. All overcharged items but was for a special occasion. My 92 year old Mom was in the hospital with heart failure and this would be her last order of flowers so I wanted it to be nice. Purchased choices and when I went to check out the company added an $18 charge for handling which I didn't see listed anywhere, and I don't like these kind of surprises, and I don't believe it is ethical. So I called the Co and they said they would waive the charge if I ordered through them on the phone. Which was a total lie as when I checked the order later they had deleted custom items I ordered to keep the price of $100, which as what I was quoted. Some mistakes made, not a big deal but altogether was a nightmare. I ordered a red vase which was shown, which was my Mom's favorite color, chose a white teddy bear and a get well balloon with a note. Received a clear cheap looking plastic vase, roses a little wilted, the teddy bear was brown and not the white as I ordered and there was NO balloon that I paid for. And lasted they addressed to card to Alan instead of Mary Ellen which was my Mom's name. I was in the hospital with her for five days, so called Avas Flowers as soon as I got home. Before calling them I checked the order, which I should have done before. The balloon was not shown on the order. I'm assuming this was done to keep $8 for their profit. They charged for an extra ribbon I didn't order? and lastly the $18 charge which was supposed to be waived was added into the total. I WAS FURIOUS. You won't believe this but I was on the phone for only 5 minutes. They didn't want to talk to me, was rude, said it was past the time for a complaint and his supervisor would say the same, when I requested to talk to him. With all the mistakes above, being an ethical person, I would have paid $50 which was the discounted price for the rose alone. I told them I was going to dispute the charge, they said they didn't care, so that's what I've done. Very unprofessional experience, poor quality product, poor customer service and fraudulent charges added to order. There are plenty of other flower companies to buy from online. Sad and disappointed. :(

Brooke Smeltzer Charlotte, NC

Worst flower service I had ever had an experience with. Suppose to arrive before 1pm, they didn’t. Suppose to arrive by 6pm if same day, they didn’t. Suppose to arrive the next day by noon, they didn’t. Customer was no help, just call to get a refund if you accidentally place an order with them. Will never use this service again and they ruined a special occasion for me.

C b

Can’t give a 0 which is what they should have. My daughter ordered flowers for my retirement to be delivered Monday. Well no flowers. They promised delivery Tuesday no flowers She called Tuesday afternoon told would be there between 3-5 p. No flowers. She called again. Told they would be there Wednesday she told them cancel the order Wednesday is too late and ruined the surprise of them being there for retirement party and/ or the last day of work. She was told she could not cancel. She asked for a manager who told her they did not gaurentee a delivery date did not give refunds. She asked to speak to someone higher did not happen. They did finally say they would refund and when she asked for the persons name he would not give it she asked for owner name told could not give it asked for florist name they were using told they could not give it confidential on everything. The man then said I do not know why you are upset you got your money back..... very poor service and no coustomer service for what is listed as a family owned business of 40 years. much less there was never any apology for the non delivery or the they spoiled the family celebration. You should have seen the grandkids faces when they found out flowers were not here. They love giving flowers to people. So don’t use them even if you think it will save some money. Go to your local flower shops

Paula Orwick Bella Vista, AR

Horrible customer service. I ordered funeral flowers and I spelled the name 3 times and they still got it wrong. I called to get it changed and for $10.00 they would not change it after the arrangement had been delivered. That was their mess up not mine ...I will not use them or even refer them again ...I spent $75.00 and they wanted more for their mistake...I talked with a manager and he was no manager more like a robot saying the same thing. This company only thinks of money and not satisfying the customer. If it were your funeral would you like your name spelled wrong think about it

Patricia Glendale, AZ

I ordered flowers for my father at the VA cemetery, they were supposed to be delivered yesterday for Memorial Day. I called and called. Two days and still no delivery! I would never place an order with them again!

Jennifer Tharp Omaha, NE

I ordered a hydrangea plant to be delivered to my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I requested delivery for the day before. Not only did they NOT arrive on the day they were supposed to, but they also did not arrive the next day or the day after that. I contacted them each day and was given the runaround. On day three, I was told that they had contacted the designer and had to allow 24 hours for a response from the designer before they could issue a refund. I did not hear back from them after 24 hours, so I called them AGAIN and was told that they would issue a "store credit" for the refund. I told them I would NEVER do business with them again and demanded a refund to my card. This is the worst company I have ever done business with in my life!

Victot Pflugerville, TX

Do not ever ever!!! Buy from this place, I placed an order for my mom online, they charge me $100+ and my mom ended up getting a 20dlls bouque of flowers :(

Rebeca Barnes

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! This company is not local, and they are a fraud. I ordered flowers to be delivered to a hospital. I got a text and email confirmation saying they were delivered. They were not, but they did charge my credit card. Customer "service" was rude and awful. Absolutely non-responding. After more than five different calls they kept repeating they had to check what happened with the florist, but were unable to reach him. Three callback promises unfulfilled, I am having my credit card company seek refund. I never write reviews but these people are scam artists. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!

SL Willacoochee, GA

Gosh where can I start! All I can say is DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, I repeat DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I called to cancel my order and was told that yes they would but still charge me $20 for service fee and etc. Representative said that's why you agree to the terms and conditions, but i read the terms and conditions and it says that if you call within 24 hours to cancel your order that you would get a FULL REFUND! And when I called I argued with they guy and eventually he said okay okay we will give you a full refund and not charge you for service fee. The next day I called again and spoke with a different representative and she said that it showed I was still going to be charged the $20 and when I asked, "So pretty much what you're saying is that the guy I spoke with yesterday lied to me so I would hang up??" And she replied, yes he did! Made me mad cursed her out and hung up! Don't ever buy from this company. They have hidden fees that are ridiculously high and are not worth the flowers! Stay as far away as you can from them!!!

Shane Schnaebele Cary, IL

I Placed an order on a Friday for a same day delivery product and requested it be delivered on the following Monday and payed extra for it to be delivered before 1pm. It is now after 2pm on Tuesday and it still has not been delivered. I asked that they cancel the order and refund my money but they refused since it is on the truck. I asked to speak to a manager and was denied because they were not available. When I said I would wait, I was told that they could allow me to tie up the line. I asked to have a manager call me back and they said that was not possible. The most I have been offered on a purchase of over $100 is a $10 credit. They obviously think that a coupon will lead me to profit them more with a future purchase. CHOOSE A DIFFERENT COMPANY!

Pam Saint Charles, MO

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I Thought I was buying local as I googled “same day florist delivery” and the city. I ordered online around 12:00, and received an order confirmation, and later a delivery scheduled email. But about 5 hours later I received numerous texts, calls and emails telling me to call them. When I did they said they couldn’t do same day because they couldn’t find an available florist- which is when I realized they were NOT local. They told me they could deliver it the following day. I told them that I had used them as they said same Day delivery and it was for a friend’s anniversary of her son’s death, and I never received any notice otherwise until it was too late to find someone else. Then they Told me they would give me a store credit but I told them that I wanted a full refund as I did not Plan on ever doing business with them Again

Susan Leon Stow, OH

Horrible company. Didn’t deliver same day. Didn’t deliver the flowers I ordered. They said they weren’t available and substituted tulips without asking me. They finally delivered 3 days later and my friend said the flowers were nice. I sent email and had to call 3 times to get flowers at all. After putting in my credit card online a charge of an extra 19.99 was added for handling etc. unbelievable!!! Never never again. Don’t shop here. So upsetting. Read the other reviews. Awful treatment of customers.

Linda Durnan Wading River, NY

I ordered an arrangement and the wrong one was delivered. It included flowers that I hate. Customer service said they would get back to me but still haven't heard from them after several days.

Ann Cranford New Braunfels, TX

THEY MAKE PROMISES THEY DONT KEEP ! I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET FLOWERS ON MY BIRTHDAY ,IN THE MORNING, THEY NEVER SHOWED UP SO I GO OUT LATE AFTERNOON FOR DINNER. ON MY WAY HOME I GET A CALL TO SAY THEY TRIED TO DELIVER MY FLOWERS BUT SINCE I WASNT THERE THEY WOULD DELIVER THEM THE NEXT DAY BETWEEN 8:30AM & 12:30 PM. I SAT AROUND WAITING THEY DIDN'T SHOW UP TILL 1:45 PM. ANOTHER DAY WASTED WAITING ON FLOWERS ! WHEN I ASK WHY THEY WERE LATE, THE DELIVERY PERSON SAID THEY DIDNT GIVE A TIME ,IT'S AVIS PROMISES. SHE SAID THEY MAKE ALL KINDS OF PROMISES THEY DONT KEEP. THE BEST WAY TO ORDER FLOWERS IS DIRECTLY FROM THE FLORIST ,...THEY ARE CHEAPER,AND WORK WITH YOU. GOOD TO KNOW. I LEARNED A LESSON ,NOT TO USE AVIS, .(WE SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT ALL THEIR BAD REVIEWS. LIVE AND LEARN.

Alice Hilton Houston, TX

I was promised, after emphasizing that I was looking for same day delivery of flowers and candy, that this delivery would be made that day (the day before Easter). With that assurance, I went to work and wasn't available by email or cell for several hours. Later, I saw several messages from Avas. I gave a call and was told that nothing was delivered that day. The flowers would be delivered on Tuesday (2 days after Easter) and the candy basket would be delivered at a later date. I was livid. If I'd known they could not fulfill my order I would have placed my order with another florist. By the time I found out, it was too late to send anything.

J Knoxville, TN

The worst experience I have ever had ordering flowers. Terrible customer service , unprofessional, and perform bad business with the local florists they contract with. Do NOT use them. It’s almost like a scam. On a side note every person I dealt with could barely understand English and refused to transfer me to a supervisor. False advertising and charge additional fees. It was a horrible experience and I wasted several hours of my life dealing with them!!

gail starr Westwood, NJ

On a TUESDAY I wanted to place an online order for funeral flowers for FRIDAY. The online form wasn't working, so I was forced to call in the order. The man who helped me asked me WHAT Time is the funeral. I said 3:30. Deliver by 2pm. Guests arrive between 2:30 and 3 for a 3:30 funeral. ON the day of the funeral I received an email confirming delivery ACTUAL DELIVERY DATE: 3/23 ACTUAL DELIVERY TIME: 4:33 PM. ARE YOU KIDDING? AFTER THE FUNERAL IS OVER????? This is NOT acceptable. What's worse? when I contacted the grieving family, they said NO FLOWERS were received. They are crooks and liars. When I called to inquire, they stated that the flowers arrived a little after 3:10 (STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE), and that the email was wrong. (WHAT?). They refused to provide evidence of that, and refused to let me speak to a manager. Then I emailed, and spefically explained that I already called and spoke to Elisa, and WAS NOT HELPED, when I asked for a manager, she said they were wall busy. I said I would wait. She said I could not. I asked to be put on hold and wait. So she did and then came back and said "nobody is available" I'll take your number and the manager will call you back. And you guessed it, nobody EVER called me back. So I sent an emailed and asked to speak to a manager/supervisor and got an email back saying," How are you. I see one of our employees helped you already!" THEY ARE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE and unwilling to help. There is no customer service.This business is a scam and shout be shut down. They ripped me off for $92 and what's worse, my sentiments of sympathy didn't get expressed at a difficult time. Stay away!

r rashid Houston, TX

i paid extra for expedited delivery, and despite that, and now 5 days after the actual day they were supposed to be delivered. still there is no sight or scent of the things. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if they actually have a florist in chicago they work with because from the delivery time it's being carried via pony express from boston. Interestingly their delivery person over there is unreachable by phone from what appears to be somewhere around 10 in the morning to right about 4:55 pm. because despite numerous phone calls, they can't tell me where he is, if he's delivered, if he's delivering, if he's alive or if his pony was shot out from under him by bandits they are polite on the phone but act as though they've done be a favor by returning the expedited delivery fee, even though it was a service i paid for that i did not receive. It wasn't a favor, it was a damn necessity Never going to use them again, and yet, to this day, 5 days after initial delivery, the pony is making it's slow blodding way across the mountains of Pennsylvanian to get the flowers to their destination.

Becky McMahon

Ordered Peace Lilly for funeral viewing and service the following day. Incorrect message and incorrect individual indicated on the the message card and nothing on the envelope to tell who flowere wer from so that the family did not know who sent the arrangement. Signed "Uncle Bud"... no such family member or friend. Since it was my intent to share my condolences at the time of the funeral I was not able to do so. When I called to ask for a refund they listened to the recorded conversation when I place my order and they confirmed that the message and name on card was incorrect. They will not give me a refund. I am 100% dissasatisfied with their service since it was very important to me that my sympathy be conveyed at the viewing and service. I want to total refund. I

Jan Harper Somerset, KY

Horrible company, excuse after excuse and the flowers I ordered for my 3 month old grand who had surgery on her head were never delivered. This place is the scum of the earth!

Maria Mazalkova Valley Stream, NY

Horrible experience! Ordered flowers for my daughter’s 21 bday. Flowers delivered didn’t match picture on line: instead of pink/red roses they brought red carnations and white tulips.... I thought it was a mistake. When I called in the customer service told me “ it’s ok”- was very rude, no help, no offered solutions, no apology... Never had such a horrible experience!!!

Carolyn Johnson Glendale, CA

Floral bandits? Underhanded marketing/advertising methods. Difficult to deal with when something goes awry. I pity the local florists associated with them.

l johnson Glendale, CA

These people are disgusting money mongers with no customer service and like to lie. We ordered birthday flowers to be delivered on 3/16. We received an email they were delivered at 2:36 on that day. However, they were never delivered and 3 days later the local floral firm called to inform us they were out of the flowers we ordered. Avas lied to us. Plus, they were obnoxious in their emails and continued to lie, stating they would investigate it, which they never did. Also, the big banner on their website states there is no delivery charge, which is BS. Instead, after you have entered your credit card info and are ready to click to order, a $15.95 service charge pops up...that is a delivery charge!!! Who are they trying to fool? Don't touch these bandits with a 10-foot pole.

Lp Gilbert, AZ

Never will I order from this company again. I asked many times to get a copy of my receipt and still today I do not have it. They said FREE shipping, then here is this EXTRA service charge of $15.00. I waited all day for the flowers to be delivered and go to check the status and not only are Avas flowers closed, but they have not got a confirmation from the driver. IN a nut shell, I just got sorry and we will call you when we reach out to the shop that is delivering your flowers. Never heard back at all. $ paid 3.99 for what was suppose to be a big greeting card, NOT.. at all. Just a small card with what I requested to be on it. What a complete rip off this was. I will be sending more complaints to the BBB and other companies. With this many unhappy customers you should be refunding your customers. I also will be sending a picture of the card I paid $3.99 for. My sister did not get her flowers till after 6:30pm last night. I still have no receipt for my transaction and no confirmation of delivery. May have to put in a dispute with my bank.

Becky Saint Charles, MO

I ordered 2 arrangements for a family members wake. I am from out of town and they garunteed me that they would be able to get the order done and have them there berfore the wake started. Come to find out they only delivered one of the arrangements that had been ordered and paid for. Totally unacceptable. I hope they willing refund my money. I would never recommend using them. Their web page shows being rated 5 stars and now seeing the actual consumer rating sites, they apparently have been lying.

Amy Wilson Middletown, OH

The flowers delivered were not as adveritised.

Jeanne Trew Westerly, RI

You will NEVER receive another order from our family!!! You told me you were charging $49.98 and when I received the email’d receipt, you slipped in a $15 “Service Charge”, without my knowledge! You charged me $65.93 and even though I called immediately after placing the Order, you REFUSED to cancel it, at my request. I even spoke with a Manager who also refused to cancel, despite the order being placed just 5 minutes earlier! Additionally, I am writing to the Better Business Bureau, to make them aware of your SHADY practices. I am also going into every review website to let people know you are SCAMMERS!

Michael Weddle Arlington, TX

The reviews on their site are false! They are not a local company! The flower arrangement was not even close to the picture on the website! And they didn't deliver any of the extras I paid for! DO NOT USE

CT Silver Spring, MD

Do NOT shop here. They never delivered the flowers, never called to tell me there was a "problem" with the delivery, and NEVER refunded my money. I called countless times and just kept being put on hold. I had to go through my credit card company to get my money back. HORRIBLE service!!! (This is the first negative review I have ever written in my life. They are just that bad.)

Gregory Riverhead, NY

Used Ava’s because they had good reviews on their page (which are phony) and the appeared to be loca (they’re not!). I received no invoice or e-mail confirmation. I had no way of knowing if flowers arrived, & the flowers were not delivered in a vase with clear wrap, they were in a brown box! Just what your wife/girlfriend, etc.., doesn’t want! I will never use them again! They could care less that I was dissatisfied!

Tim Macaulay Lakewood, CA

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I placed an order online for my mother's 79th birthday on February 22 for a February 23 delivery (her birthday.) I receive a email at 3:49 p.m. February 23 telling me the following: "Thank you for choosing Avas Flowers. Due to unavoidable circumstances, we are making some modifications to your order. We want to make sure all our customers and their recipients feel extra special. We just want to inform you that we will go ahead and proceed with the deliver tomorrow, 2/24. If this causes any kind of inconvenience to your recipient, please contact us immediately at 877-638-6619 so we can work something out." Don't you feel extra special with this email... So I called asking why I am just hearing about this when I placed the order yesterday. They couldn't give me a reason. They just said that they are crediting me $10 for the inconvenience. BTW they charge you $15 for a handling fee that is not described on web site. I told them that I will not be using them in the future. Use some else.

Patricia Chattanooga, TN

I place 2 orders on February 13th one to be delivery on Valentines day & the other one to be delivery on the 15th my daughters b-day, this company did NOT even attempted to delivery the flowers on the 14Th, I was devastated I always send flowers to my daughter on Valentines and her B-Day , I tried to called numerous times , email, send messages all I was getting via text was : sorry for the inconvenience but we can guaranty the delivery, what??? I spend $200.00 in my orders and you telling me NOW, after you debit my credit card you CAN'T GUARANTEE DELIVERY , if that was said to me at front I will NEVE do business with you company . Please consumers DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH AVAS FLOWERS they are unreliable : Same Day Flower Delivery is a fraud & SATISFACTION COMMITMENT , NOT AT ALL . On February 15th I email, called to tell them to cancel my order for the 15th because obviously after my AWFUL EXPERIENCE from the previous day , anyone understand why I will want to continue or even TRUST that AVAS FLOWERS won't do the same on my daughters birthday . OF CURSE because they want their money not matter they failed to delivery on the 14th , and completely disregard my request they have the SHAME to delivery both arrangement on the 15th at 2:00pm ,this is the WORST COMPANY THAT HAS DONE BUSENESS WITH , and as today February 16th have not ones received a phone call or email apologizing for their error.

Chuck Fanning Honaker, VA

They changed the wording of the card. The note was to read " To my Sexy Lady". Instead, the card read " To my Six Ladies". Needless to say, the phone call I received from my wife made me wish that I not sent anything at all. Also, the card did not even say who the flowers were to go to. When I sent them an email to inform them of the mistake. I have received no response back at all.

Greg Robinson Huntersville, NC

I ordered a pristine bouquet , and received a dozen roses. 2 days late. And they tried to stiff me for a hundred bucks when the purchase was only for 57.00 Poor service , no body cares . Rest assured , I'll never buy from them again.

Kathleen Reilly Virginia Beach, VA

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with !!! Same day Deliver NOT!!! I ordered the flowers for my mother on Tuesday and as of Wed at 5:00 she still did not receive them. States they are located in College Park MD, and they are based out of NJ and sends the orders to florist in College Park. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Then when calling their 877# only robotic answers and then they hang up...

Kay B Saint Charles, MO

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. They add surprise fees as you are checking out, then produce a horrible product. Complaints don't help - they can't be bothered. They are after the fast money. There would be better value buying flowers at the grocery store & shoving them in a vase...that's about all they do. No artistry or arrangement at all.

Erin Lawrence, KS

Don't order anything from Avas Flowers! It's a rip off and their website's email communication is broken and they refuse to admit it. Either that or they purposefully didn't communicate with me...I do think it is the website's fault and not anyone purposefully doing it, but either way, it led to a problem that they now purposefully will not fix. Details: I tried to cancel an order I placed with them immediately after placing it (I suddenly realized there was a near $20 charge on there that I hadn't noticed before clicking the final approve button - my mistake, but also very sneaky on their part to wait til the very end to toss that on there). I tried to contact them 4 different ways over the course of 2 days including on their website and by phone. Never even got a confirmation email of the order, but the pending charge was on my card and the order was showing up in my account on their site, so I knew it got placed. Never got any other communication from them either, including from my multiple attempts at getting my order canceled. Order was delivered anyway and some of the flowers were droopy! (Very disappointing, sorry Mom! Luckily she had gotten much nicer flowers the day before from the other company I ordered from) I was finally able to get in contact with them on my second attempt at calling (the first time, they were still supposedly open, but no one answered the phone) and I was told that I had been sent an email in reply to one of my cancellation attempts informing me you can only cancel over the phone, but now it was too late since they were already delivered. I never got that email; I was constantly checking inbox and junk mail for those 2 days and nothing ever arrived. (I even had him read off my email address and it was correct, which is what leads me to believe it is a problem with the website.) Was told if I was unhappy with the flowers, I could maybe get a 50% refund, but I'd have to send them a photo and whatnot. No thanks; the droopy flowers were not even the main issue! Completely unacceptable experience. Working this out with my credit card company instead.

Nancy Bochat Twin Lakes, WI

I ordered the "premium" Peach & White sympathy spray for my sisters funeral with the sympathy card $3.99 and two sashes $9.99 each. The picture depicted on the website is of the "deluxe" arrangement and has approx. 50 flowers in it. The arrangement I received as the "premium" arrangement had approx. 35 flowers in it!! It also had a sloppy handwritten card pinned to the ribbon bow and NO sashes! Instead they glued and stapled the words Beloved Sister and Aunt to the ribbon bow! Very very poor quality!! For this, I paid $204.00! After contacting Avas numerous times, they offered what seams like their usual $10.00 credit and a $20.00 store credit (for the sashes that I never received?), like I'll ever use this company again! My daughter ever sent pictures of the awful arrangement and Avas said that it was an acceptable substitution! Well, it is unacceptable to me for the $204.00 I paid!!!! Obviously quality and customer service means nothing to Avas!!! Close your doors Avas! You should not be allowed to be in business!!!!

Robert Brown Oregon City, OR

They didn't deliver the flowers on time. They didn't do anything right that they agreed to. The customer service department they have is like talking to nobody.

S Schwartz Valley Village, CA

Please don't waste your time ordering from this florist. My mother is in the hospital and I ordered flowers for her birthday. Paid extra for same day delivery and special handling. They said they delivered, but my mother never got the flowers and the hospital said there was no delivery. The person taking the order misspelled my mother's name, put the wrong room number on the order and failed to send me a receipt for the order. Poor Service!

Mary Ford Alexandria, VA

Complete failure to deliver as promised. I paid for flowers to be sent to my sister for her birthday selecting this business for their claim to deliver same day. I chose an arrangement labeled as available for same day delivery and checked the status of my order multiple times over the day. Two hours before the promised delivery time, I was told they would not make the deadline.

Tina Haiderer Lebanon, CT

I ordered flowers online for a dear friend who had just lost her mother. I put the order through at Avasflowers.net. They called me to let me know that the particular flower that was in the arrangement was not available. I OKed a substitution. I OKed a different vase. I understand that certain things are not always available. But I did not expect what my friend received. The first picture is what I ordered online. The second pic is what she received. Avasflowers.net's customer service was VERY unhelpful when I spent over 30 minutes on the phone trying to get this resolved. Basically told me tough luck. They even told me I authorized the change and that it was reviewed on the recording, but refused to let me hear the recording. They tried to tell me that the arrangement was actually an upgrade from what I ordered! Laughable!! I am hoping this post will get passed around and people will think twice about ordering from them.

Rachel Haywood St Louis, MO

If you could give 0 stars I would. My flowers were supposed to be delivered this past Wednesday to a funeral home but never made it. I received a phone call from a man I could nearly understand, and he simply said they could not be delivered because no one was there. It is now Thursday and no flowers have been delivered. Their solution is to deliver them to a family member and I am not sure when. They would no give me a full refund as they attempted to deliver the flowers?????? Never again!

Beth Chester, NJ

Ava’s is a scam and as others have noted the WORST business to work with. I placed a phone order for 5 table arrangements yesterday at 4:02 pm to be delivered the next week-end at a specific time. The email came through with my order and the delivery notation said they would be delivered one of two days which was not what I agreed to and would completely defeat the purpose of ordering the table arrangements. When I called to clarify and have this changed, it became clear that they are NOT local to the place of delivery, they have representatives that are lying about their location, would not provide the address for their main office and REFUSED to cancel my order. I knew at that moment that the flowers would not be delivered on time and would not be satisfactory. While they suggested that I call the local florist the day before to ensure that I get the flowers on time, they could not or would not give me the name of the florist or their number. They told me they could not cancel the order because “the flower arrangements are already made” which could not be true since it was over a week in advance and only 2 hours after I placed the order. They charged the credit card and refused to cancel after four, no five, phone calls. We had to call the credit card company to put this in disputed and they finally relented. While I believe the order has been cancelled, they are continuing to send me emails about this order like it is still in place. I cannot be more certain that this is a disreputable company and do not understand how they could still be in business.

Debra New Baltimore, MI

If I could give a zero rating I would. WORST FLORIST I've ever used. False advertising. Ordered a beautiful PREMIUM 2 candle Christmas centerpiece for my sister with Roses and lillies. She received a small arrangement of mostly carnations and 3 roses no bigger than a lunch plate with one candle. I've been going round and round through phone calls and emails to complain and all they offered me was a $5 coupon towards a future purchase. No thank you. AVOID Ava's Flowers. They are crooks!

Rick Kasch Denver, CO

Worst experience ever by florist and I send flowers every year. Called day before for delivery next day. Promised to be delivered to restaurant in time for luncheon. Never arrived. Will never use again.

dean nowell Gardiner, ME

worse company ever. order for a funeral. didn't make delivery. didn't want to refund. Talked us into a plant to be delivered the next day. that didn't happen. now 4 days later still won't refund. Says it is still out for delivery. we have stopped payment on visa and filing at better business.

Adria Villani

This company is garbage, DO NOT USE. They were supposed to be delivering next day (a Saturday). I called around 4pm on the delivery date as the delivery had not taken place. I was referred to UPS, as they contract out. The delivery had not taken place. By this point, Avas was closed so there was no further contact that could be made. I am waiting until tomorrow (Sunday) to see if I can reach anyone but at this point my money is gone with no product or service provided. DO NOT USE. I am highly annoyed. The whole point of my delivery was time-specific for someone going through a difficult time and this company did not deliver on something as basic as a delivery date. They are contracting out and it seems they do not care about the quality of their services. STAY AWAY.