Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

TheBouqs.com chevron_right
ProFlowers chevron_right
1.8
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.1

Ralph Snowberger

August 18th, 2018 Olympia, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's fake. They show beautiful arrangements online for 68 dollars listed as shown and you receive a 5 dollar gas station arrangement in a vase. Do not use them.

Jenna McGillivray-Zanelli

August 17th, 2018 Meridian, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered an arrangement using the option to order exactly like you see in the photo online. The arrangement that arrived hardly resembled the one I ordered. Very sparse and a complete ripoff.

Daniel Spain

August 13th, 2018 Bisbee, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My friend who was in FL my birthday was gonna suprise me with flowers. They called his awhile after saying this is because there is no Avas florist here. Huge lie. They said the are sending it to a nearby florist.....NOT! They came directly to me via UPS and were in Tucson all my birthday. They were wilted beyond belief. The pink rose was already part brown. The next day on of the sturdy flowers bent and broke. After 1 day a few perked up but the leaves are dieing. Shipping flowers from NYC then storing them in a UPS warehouse in a town that was 108 on that day seriously! They wrote me demanding pics probablly thinking I had none......wrong! Sent them the picture the next day they said they will ship another arrangement by UPS. I said really? I sent them the avas link to the local florist. They have yet to contact my friend(the buyer). Very rude CS. I said they were aweful and the guy that contacted me by email said prove it with pictures. I did and another lady said they will replace them but I have ) confidence after reading some complaints. I posted a complaint with pictures on Yelp. They have an F rating with BBB, who also got a complaint.

Teresa Antognoli

August 11th, 2018 Ravenna, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered flowers for a funeral in Kentucky. They were delivered to my residence in Ohio. My daughter in Kansas also ordered for the same Kentucky funeral and got a response they could not deliver to that area. Had trouble getting the order cancelled. Would not recommend using this company

CYNTHIA CUPPERNELL

August 12th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT RECOMMEND! Did not receive the large greeting card of balloons. The bouquet for our anniversary was small and paid for a large bouquet. Many of the flowers were wilted and two roses had brown crispy pedals. When contacting the company there was no rectification. Poor customer service and product.NEVER ODER FROM THEM!

Anne Lagasse

August 4th, 2018

Ordered flowers for a special friend's special birthday as we couldn't attend-never delivered! So sorry I trusted this company-should have read the reviews on this site and others-seems to be the case a lot-scam-had my credit card company go after them for a refund-DO NOT USE!

slyspyder

July 27th, 2018 Saint Charles, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered flowers from a few states away as a thank you gift. When I received a picture of the flowers, I was embarrassed! They looked nothing like what I ordered and weren't designed at all. It looked like someone simply took flowers and cut the stems all to the same height. Unacceptable and embarrassing. So disappointing. Never again!

Lisa ann Chouinard

July 25th, 2018 Lewiston, ME DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid $115 for flowers, 3 balloons and a teddy bear to be delivered to my 11 year old grand daughter's hospital room who just had a brain tumor removed from her head!! We get the confirmation that it was delivered but it wasn't. They checked the hosp. And came up with nothing. Now the company is trying to get a hold of the store to no avail. I think I got robbed!!! AVAS Flowers. Boycott them Portland, Maine

Nandini Naik

July 24th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Beware! Inefficient and untrustworthy. Did not deliver until four days past day they guaranteed delivery.

Janelle

July 21st, 2018 Brookings, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

PLEASE READ.. SCAM... BEWARE.... DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A FRAUD AND DON'T HONOR THEIR POLICY THEY HAVE NOTED ON LINE. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! TRIED TELLING ME THAT THE BOTTOM ARRANGEMENT WAS THE SAME AS THE ONE I ORDERED WHICH IS ON TOP. FRAUD... SCAM... DO NOT ORDER!

janelle hood

July 22nd, 2018 Brookings, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Did not deliver arrangement ordered. Refused to honor their company policy. Refused to deliver the correct arrangement and then refused refund. Nobody called me back, was hung up on, would not let me speak with a manager. Worst customer service ever! This company is a scam!

Alex

July 23rd, 2018 Clovis, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

WHY did I not check Yelp first?! DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM AVA'S Y'ALL, OK? You've been warned. I placed my order first thing in the morning for same day delivery. They texted me a few hours later saying they could not fulfill my order the same day. I called them and some guy (who did not speak English well at all btw) told me: a) the flowers I ordered on the site were not available, and b) could not be delivered until the following day. I asked for my order to be cancelled and refunded so I could order through an alternative florist that had the type of arrangement I paid $70 for. He said I would be charged an $18 service fee. Ok, FOR WHAT SERVICE???? They provided me NO service. He kept repeating this was their policy until I asked exactly where this policy was communicated to customers and he said "honestly I don't know." Well there you have it. I asked to speak to a manager. He refused let me speak to one. I asked him his name and he pretended the he couldn't hear me and then hung up. Because I was refused a full refund, they ended up sending a sad bunch of roses that looked that like they could've been bought at a grocery store for $15 the next day. I was honestly so embarrassed that they were even delivered. NEVER AGAIN.

Michelle Duncan

July 20th, 2018 Maryville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

NEVER WASTE YOUR MONEY ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY! today is my birthday and I waited all day at work for flowers from my husband (He always sends flowers) well at 5:30 someone calls from avas and tell me that they have a delivery for me but it will be tomorrow before they can bring them out..... so not only did they charge my husband $84 for nothing they also ruined the "surprise"

Thomas Davis

July 16th, 2018 Frederick, MD

I’m really pissed off about this!!!! The absolute worst customer service ever! I went to Ava Flower’s website to order flowers to be delivered to my wife’s work for our 19th wedding anniversary. From the site, I picked out an arrangement of a dozen fresh cut roses to be delivered the next day, which was our anniversary. I went through all the prompts, but the site wouldn’t take the zip code. I didn’t understand why and after several attempts, I called customer service and the young lady I talked to ask me for a code at the bottom of the screen. I had to look hard for it because it was very small but I eventually found it. She began to go through my order and then added that if I want to have the flowers delivered at a certain time, it will be an expedited charge of $10. I said ok but then she told me that the arrangement I picked out was not available today and started to describe a substitute. First, I mentioned to her that the site said fresh cut roses next day. I don’t need them today. I need them for tomorrow. She continued on without acknowledging what I said and proceeded to substitute me with an arrangement that was twice the cost of what I originally picked out. I told her never mind, just cancel my order. I said thank you and I hung up. Two minutes late, my cell phone rings. I check the number but I didn’t recognize it, so I ignored it. The same number calls me again, I answer it and it’s the same attendant from Ava Flowers I first talked to. She went on to say “we can get you this nice banquet of a dozen roses. It will look really pretty, and this is the amount you will pay. That price was still higher that what I picked out but I went with it. The young lady went through the details of my order and I originally asked for the flowers to be delivered to my wife’s work between 12-1pm before she leaves. The young lady said, “Oh, we can do it for you as early as 10am.” I said “really, that’s even better! Can you please do that?” She says yes and continues to finish the order. She gets the description for the card, my email address for a confirmation, my credit card number, and she completes the order. She then tells me that I will get an email confirmation in the next few minutes. I said thank you and ended the call. A few minutes later, I received an email confirmation and it said deliver before 7pm. I immediately called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. I voiced my concern to the supervisor and told him what I had ordered. He puts me on hold because he said he had to speak to his designers and comes back to say the price I paid for my arrangement didn’t include an expedited fee of $15. Wait just a minute sir. The lady attendant said the expedited charge was $10. I got off the phone with her less than 10 minutes ago, now it’s $15?!?! I said “no sir. She called me twice to get me to purchase flowers from you and the price that she quoted me the second time was higher than what I originally picked out and I thought that price included the expedited charge.” The supervisor said it did not. I said “that’s ok. Just refund me my money and I’ll go somewhere else.” He said to hold for a minute sir and let me speak to my designer. He comes back and says that we won’t charge you an expedited fee but is it ok if we can deliver to your wife around 12pm? I said that is fine. She will still be at work. We ended the call. Today is our anniversary day and my wife calls me a little before 12pm to let me know that she got the flowers, to tell me thank you, and gave me the rundown about how she got them at work with all the nice comments. I said that’s great, I love you, and see you at home tonight. When I got home that evening, I walked into the kitchen and saw that arrangement on the table and I was shocked! I asked my wife “where are the rest of the roses?” She said “that’s what I got.” To my displeasure, they only sent her a half dozen roses!!!!!!!!! I am still really pissed and embarrassed over this!!! 19 years and my wife gets is a half dozen roses!! I never send my wife a half dozen roses on our anniversary!! They are not what I asked for. They are not what I paid for. Someone messed up. So the next day, I called and talk to attendant. I asked to speak to a supervisor but one wasn’t available, so I explained what happened with my order. This lady was very cold and dismissive and acted as if I was the one that did something wrong. So I asked for a refund. The lady attendant said we can’t do that. We can send out the rest of the roses to you tomorrow or have someone pick up the arrangement that you have at no cost to you. I told her yesterday was mine and my wife’s anniversary. Not today or tomorrow. After arguing on the phone with her for a few minutes, I said to her that since I got half of the arrangement, just refund me half of what I paid. She said we shouldn’t have to refund you for the delivery service because you got that service. But according to your supervisor, I don’t pay an expedited charge. I just wanted half of what I was charge. She then said I can refund you for half of the bouquet (but she said earlier that she couldn’t do a refund) but the refunded amount wasn’t half of what I paid. I said to her this is not half. She argued and said we don’t refund services. I’ll give you half for the bouquet, that’s all sir, ok. Have a great day and hung up the phone. I read their policy and it states “Refunds or credits given for orders that have already been delivered or have had an attempted delivery will only be for the partial or full cost of the arrangement(s), less any service, handling, or restocking fees.” Your policy shouldn’t overshadow customer service!!! This company is horrible!! I will never buy anything from them again nor recommend them to anyone!!

Bill Katz

July 16th, 2018 Frisco, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Placed on order for same-day delivery. It went undelivered for two days. On the third day, they offered me a $3.79 refund on a $57 order! I spent over 36 minutes on hold, spoke with 3 different "customer service" representatives (none of whom spoke English as a primary language) and all they wanted to do was give me store credit for a future purchase! I wish I had checked this review site's rating before I ordered. NEVER AGAIN!

Carolyn

July 14th, 2018 Placentia, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dear Sir/Madam: I wanted to express my concerns with the quality of your product (attached to this email) and customer service, and especially your agents, Paloma and Chris (Supervisor). I chose your site to place an order for my deceased aunt. I trusted the reviews and believed that I would receive quality service, but this was furthest from the truth. I specifically ordered the deluxe pastel color flower standing basket because it was my aunt's favorite; instead a pink and white basket with fewer flowers according to the deluxe package was delivered. Therefore, I called your customer service number and immediately was greeted with unpleasant attitude (review your recorded line if available). I was told they can select whatever flowers they wanted and that your design center was closed for today and wouldn't be open until 9 am tomorrow. I requested to speak to a manager and was told no one was available. I'm sure this is not your professional standard when dealing with customers. I am so hurt by the display of lack of concern when it comes to my loved one. Please see attached the arrangement that was delivered to my aunt's services. I was unable to attend her services, but wanted to send something special for her home going celebration. I requested a new arrangement as ordered and was told that I am not entitled, but according to your satisfaction policy it states: SATISFACTION COMMITMENT AND RETURN POLICY In the unlikely event you are unhappy with your product(s), please notify us within 24 hours of delivery and you may return the arrangement for a refund, request an exchange of products, or receive store credit. To receive a refund, non-perishable products may be returned unused and in its original state within 7 days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the item, less any service fees. Hand-delivered floral product or perishable goods may be returned in its original state within 24 hours of delivery and may be subject to a 50% restocking fee of the cost of the product. To receive an exchange of goods, notify us within 24 hours of the issue with the delivered arrangement and we will pick up and re-deliver another product(s) of equal or greater value at no additional cost to you. We will need to be provided the opportunity to pick up the product(s) you are dissatisfied with prior to processing a redelivery. If you have a complaint about a delivered product but do not want or cannot provide an opportunity for us to pick up the original delivered arrangement, we will provide you with a courtesy store credit for future use. Refunds or credits given for orders that have already been delivered or have had an attempted delivery will only be for the partial or full cost of the arrangement(s), less any service, handling, or restocking fees.

Tom Blackerby

July 10th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Ordered premium flowers for a funeral service. Plant arrived was small -approx $7.00 equivalent from the local grocery store. After multiple calls to Ava’s, and speaking with customer service people who did not seem capable of writing down names & addresses, we were promised new flowers would be sent to a friend’s address. Promised for Monday, then I called them on Tuesday. Was told it was delivered. Friend said there was no delivery. Called Ava’s back. They couldn’t tell me the address flowers were supposedly delivered. I now believe this is a scam company. Regular companies couldn’t be this incompetent or dishonest. I’ve learned to do better research in future.

Valerie Bifulco

July 6th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They charged an EXCESSIVE "Handling" fee; yet created a random arrangement bearing NO resemblance whatsoever to what I ordered. Different arrangement, different colors and Definitley Not " Similar, as possible, same look and feel." Not even close.

Benjamin I. Griffin

June 28th, 2018 Charleston, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Did not deliver on time. Wrong item. Fought for literal hours with the widow. Offered only $20 discount.

Kris Scheppler

June 25th, 2018 Ames, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered an arrangement Thor my aunts funeral. It was nearly $100 and had about 15 flowers in it. The picture showed a vase full of overflowing flowers including multiple sunflowers. There were TWO small sunflowers in the actual arrangement. It was horrible and overpriced. It was worth about $20. Max. So disappointed.

Brianah Carter

June 21st, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered flowers for Mother's Day. A dozen sunflowers. The first bouquet arrived dead and rotted. The second replacement bouquet was also dead and THEY WEREN'T EVEN SUNFLOWERS. Dead daises. It took upwards of 45 minutes to get anyone on the phone at Customer Service because the first time I called I was put on hold for 15+ mins and hung up. After calling a second time, I finally got someone on the phone who offered a measly 10% discount. Mind you, I still did not have ANY flowers yet I am denied a refund. After a good amount of back and forth I was told I would receive a refund. This was after I asked the man on the phone to confirm that if a replacement bouquet was sent, it would be what I ordered and alive upon arrival. He could not. I still have not received my refund. Horrible company and I could not find anywhere to leave a google review. Word of advice: read their Yelp. This company sucks.

Moira Melvin

June 13th, 2018 Lutz, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a $70 bouquet for my cousin. When she sent me a picture of what she received which was not what I had ordered. I immediately tried to contact customer service and got no where. They were horrible. I further learned that they outsourced my order to a different florist which I was unaware of when I placed my order online. They are extremely overpriced and the made no sincere effort to resolve my dispute with them. They offered a $6 credit, which is laughable. I will not do business with them again. Total rip off. I have contacted my credit card company and am vigorously disputing the charge.

jen

June 13th, 2018 Ashland, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Looked at other BAD reviews. Mine was the same. Not just a messed up order but I believe fraud was involved. I ordered a vase, dozen roses, teddy bear and a balloon. All overcharged items but was for a special occasion. My 92 year old Mom was in the hospital with heart failure and this would be her last order of flowers so I wanted it to be nice. Purchased choices and when I went to check out the company added an $18 charge for handling which I didn't see listed anywhere, and I don't like these kind of surprises, and I don't believe it is ethical. So I called the Co and they said they would waive the charge if I ordered through them on the phone. Which was a total lie as when I checked the order later they had deleted custom items I ordered to keep the price of $100, which as what I was quoted. Some mistakes made, not a big deal but altogether was a nightmare. I ordered a red vase which was shown, which was my Mom's favorite color, chose a white teddy bear and a get well balloon with a note. Received a clear cheap looking plastic vase, roses a little wilted, the teddy bear was brown and not the white as I ordered and there was NO balloon that I paid for. And lasted they addressed to card to Alan instead of Mary Ellen which was my Mom's name. I was in the hospital with her for five days, so called Avas Flowers as soon as I got home. Before calling them I checked the order, which I should have done before. The balloon was not shown on the order. I'm assuming this was done to keep $8 for their profit. They charged for an extra ribbon I didn't order? and lastly the $18 charge which was supposed to be waived was added into the total. I WAS FURIOUS. You won't believe this but I was on the phone for only 5 minutes. They didn't want to talk to me, was rude, said it was past the time for a complaint and his supervisor would say the same, when I requested to talk to him. With all the mistakes above, being an ethical person, I would have paid $50 which was the discounted price for the rose alone. I told them I was going to dispute the charge, they said they didn't care, so that's what I've done. Very unprofessional experience, poor quality product, poor customer service and fraudulent charges added to order. There are plenty of other flower companies to buy from online. Sad and disappointed. :(

Brooke Smeltzer

June 9th, 2018 Charlotte, NC

Worst flower service I had ever had an experience with. Suppose to arrive before 1pm, they didn’t. Suppose to arrive by 6pm if same day, they didn’t. Suppose to arrive the next day by noon, they didn’t. Customer was no help, just call to get a refund if you accidentally place an order with them. Will never use this service again and they ruined a special occasion for me.

C b

June 6th, 2018

Can’t give a 0 which is what they should have. My daughter ordered flowers for my retirement to be delivered Monday. Well no flowers. They promised delivery Tuesday no flowers She called Tuesday afternoon told would be there between 3-5 p. No flowers. She called again. Told they would be there Wednesday she told them cancel the order Wednesday is too late and ruined the surprise of them being there for retirement party and/ or the last day of work. She was told she could not cancel. She asked for a manager who told her they did not gaurentee a delivery date did not give refunds. She asked to speak to someone higher did not happen. They did finally say they would refund and when she asked for the persons name he would not give it she asked for owner name told could not give it asked for florist name they were using told they could not give it confidential on everything. The man then said I do not know why you are upset you got your money back..... very poor service and no coustomer service for what is listed as a family owned business of 40 years. much less there was never any apology for the non delivery or the they spoiled the family celebration. You should have seen the grandkids faces when they found out flowers were not here. They love giving flowers to people. So don’t use them even if you think it will save some money. Go to your local flower shops

Patricia

May 27th, 2018 Glendale, AZ

I ordered flowers for my father at the VA cemetery, they were supposed to be delivered yesterday for Memorial Day. I called and called. Two days and still no delivery! I would never place an order with them again!

Jennifer Tharp

May 16th, 2018 Omaha, NE

I ordered a hydrangea plant to be delivered to my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I requested delivery for the day before. Not only did they NOT arrive on the day they were supposed to, but they also did not arrive the next day or the day after that. I contacted them each day and was given the runaround. On day three, I was told that they had contacted the designer and had to allow 24 hours for a response from the designer before they could issue a refund. I did not hear back from them after 24 hours, so I called them AGAIN and was told that they would issue a "store credit" for the refund. I told them I would NEVER do business with them again and demanded a refund to my card. This is the worst company I have ever done business with in my life!

Rebeca Barnes

May 11th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! This company is not local, and they are a fraud. I ordered flowers to be delivered to a hospital. I got a text and email confirmation saying they were delivered. They were not, but they did charge my credit card. Customer "service" was rude and awful. Absolutely non-responding. After more than five different calls they kept repeating they had to check what happened with the florist, but were unable to reach him. Three callback promises unfulfilled, I am having my credit card company seek refund. I never write reviews but these people are scam artists. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!

Victot

May 12th, 2018 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not ever ever!!! Buy from this place, I placed an order for my mom online, they charge me $100+ and my mom ended up getting a 20dlls bouque of flowers :(

SL

May 10th, 2018 Willacoochee, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Gosh where can I start! All I can say is DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, I repeat DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I called to cancel my order and was told that yes they would but still charge me $20 for service fee and etc. Representative said that's why you agree to the terms and conditions, but i read the terms and conditions and it says that if you call within 24 hours to cancel your order that you would get a FULL REFUND! And when I called I argued with they guy and eventually he said okay okay we will give you a full refund and not charge you for service fee. The next day I called again and spoke with a different representative and she said that it showed I was still going to be charged the $20 and when I asked, "So pretty much what you're saying is that the guy I spoke with yesterday lied to me so I would hang up??" And she replied, yes he did! Made me mad cursed her out and hung up! Don't ever buy from this company. They have hidden fees that are ridiculously high and are not worth the flowers! Stay as far away as you can from them!!!

Shane Schnaebele

May 8th, 2018 Cary, IL

I Placed an order on a Friday for a same day delivery product and requested it be delivered on the following Monday and payed extra for it to be delivered before 1pm. It is now after 2pm on Tuesday and it still has not been delivered. I asked that they cancel the order and refund my money but they refused since it is on the truck. I asked to speak to a manager and was denied because they were not available. When I said I would wait, I was told that they could allow me to tie up the line. I asked to have a manager call me back and they said that was not possible. The most I have been offered on a purchase of over $100 is a $10 credit. They obviously think that a coupon will lead me to profit them more with a future purchase. CHOOSE A DIFFERENT COMPANY!

Susan Leon

May 4th, 2018 Stow, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible company. Didn’t deliver same day. Didn’t deliver the flowers I ordered. They said they weren’t available and substituted tulips without asking me. They finally delivered 3 days later and my friend said the flowers were nice. I sent email and had to call 3 times to get flowers at all. After putting in my credit card online a charge of an extra 19.99 was added for handling etc. unbelievable!!! Never never again. Don’t shop here. So upsetting. Read the other reviews. Awful treatment of customers.

Pam

May 7th, 2018 Saint Charles, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I Thought I was buying local as I googled “same day florist delivery” and the city. I ordered online around 12:00, and received an order confirmation, and later a delivery scheduled email. But about 5 hours later I received numerous texts, calls and emails telling me to call them. When I did they said they couldn’t do same day because they couldn’t find an available florist- which is when I realized they were NOT local. They told me they could deliver it the following day. I told them that I had used them as they said same Day delivery and it was for a friend’s anniversary of her son’s death, and I never received any notice otherwise until it was too late to find someone else. Then they Told me they would give me a store credit but I told them that I wanted a full refund as I did not Plan on ever doing business with them Again

Linda Durnan

April 21st, 2018 Wading River, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered an arrangement and the wrong one was delivered. It included flowers that I hate. Customer service said they would get back to me but still haven't heard from them after several days.

Ann Cranford

April 5th, 2018 New Braunfels, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

THEY MAKE PROMISES THEY DONT KEEP ! I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET FLOWERS ON MY BIRTHDAY ,IN THE MORNING, THEY NEVER SHOWED UP SO I GO OUT LATE AFTERNOON FOR DINNER. ON MY WAY HOME I GET A CALL TO SAY THEY TRIED TO DELIVER MY FLOWERS BUT SINCE I WASNT THERE THEY WOULD DELIVER THEM THE NEXT DAY BETWEEN 8:30AM & 12:30 PM. I SAT AROUND WAITING THEY DIDN'T SHOW UP TILL 1:45 PM. ANOTHER DAY WASTED WAITING ON FLOWERS ! WHEN I ASK WHY THEY WERE LATE, THE DELIVERY PERSON SAID THEY DIDNT GIVE A TIME ,IT'S AVIS PROMISES. SHE SAID THEY MAKE ALL KINDS OF PROMISES THEY DONT KEEP. THE BEST WAY TO ORDER FLOWERS IS DIRECTLY FROM THE FLORIST ,...THEY ARE CHEAPER,AND WORK WITH YOU. GOOD TO KNOW. I LEARNED A LESSON ,NOT TO USE AVIS, .(WE SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT ALL THEIR BAD REVIEWS. LIVE AND LEARN.

Alice Hilton

April 1st, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was promised, after emphasizing that I was looking for same day delivery of flowers and candy, that this delivery would be made that day (the day before Easter). With that assurance, I went to work and wasn't available by email or cell for several hours. Later, I saw several messages from Avas. I gave a call and was told that nothing was delivered that day. The flowers would be delivered on Tuesday (2 days after Easter) and the candy basket would be delivered at a later date. I was livid. If I'd known they could not fulfill my order I would have placed my order with another florist. By the time I found out, it was too late to send anything.

J

March 26th, 2018 Knoxville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst experience I have ever had ordering flowers. Terrible customer service , unprofessional, and perform bad business with the local florists they contract with. Do NOT use them. It’s almost like a scam. On a side note every person I dealt with could barely understand English and refused to transfer me to a supervisor. False advertising and charge additional fees. It was a horrible experience and I wasted several hours of my life dealing with them!!

gail starr

March 24th, 2018 Westwood, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On a TUESDAY I wanted to place an online order for funeral flowers for FRIDAY. The online form wasn't working, so I was forced to call in the order. The man who helped me asked me WHAT Time is the funeral. I said 3:30. Deliver by 2pm. Guests arrive between 2:30 and 3 for a 3:30 funeral. ON the day of the funeral I received an email confirming delivery ACTUAL DELIVERY DATE: 3/23 ACTUAL DELIVERY TIME: 4:33 PM. ARE YOU KIDDING? AFTER THE FUNERAL IS OVER????? This is NOT acceptable. What's worse? when I contacted the grieving family, they said NO FLOWERS were received. They are crooks and liars. When I called to inquire, they stated that the flowers arrived a little after 3:10 (STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE), and that the email was wrong. (WHAT?). They refused to provide evidence of that, and refused to let me speak to a manager. Then I emailed, and spefically explained that I already called and spoke to Elisa, and WAS NOT HELPED, when I asked for a manager, she said they were wall busy. I said I would wait. She said I could not. I asked to be put on hold and wait. So she did and then came back and said "nobody is available" I'll take your number and the manager will call you back. And you guessed it, nobody EVER called me back. So I sent an emailed and asked to speak to a manager/supervisor and got an email back saying," How are you. I see one of our employees helped you already!" THEY ARE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE and unwilling to help. There is no customer service.This business is a scam and shout be shut down. They ripped me off for $92 and what's worse, my sentiments of sympathy didn't get expressed at a difficult time. Stay away!

Maria Mazalkova

March 21st, 2018 Valley Stream, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible experience! Ordered flowers for my daughter’s 21 bday. Flowers delivered didn’t match picture on line: instead of pink/red roses they brought red carnations and white tulips.... I thought it was a mistake. When I called in the customer service told me “ it’s ok”- was very rude, no help, no offered solutions, no apology... Never had such a horrible experience!!!

Jan Harper

March 21st, 2018 Somerset, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible company, excuse after excuse and the flowers I ordered for my 3 month old grand who had surgery on her head were never delivered. This place is the scum of the earth!

Becky McMahon

March 21st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered Peace Lilly for funeral viewing and service the following day. Incorrect message and incorrect individual indicated on the the message card and nothing on the envelope to tell who flowere wer from so that the family did not know who sent the arrangement. Signed "Uncle Bud"... no such family member or friend. Since it was my intent to share my condolences at the time of the funeral I was not able to do so. When I called to ask for a refund they listened to the recorded conversation when I place my order and they confirmed that the message and name on card was incorrect. They will not give me a refund. I am 100% dissasatisfied with their service since it was very important to me that my sympathy be conveyed at the viewing and service. I want to total refund. I

r rashid

March 21st, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i paid extra for expedited delivery, and despite that, and now 5 days after the actual day they were supposed to be delivered. still there is no sight or scent of the things. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if they actually have a florist in chicago they work with because from the delivery time it's being carried via pony express from boston. Interestingly their delivery person over there is unreachable by phone from what appears to be somewhere around 10 in the morning to right about 4:55 pm. because despite numerous phone calls, they can't tell me where he is, if he's delivered, if he's delivering, if he's alive or if his pony was shot out from under him by bandits they are polite on the phone but act as though they've done be a favor by returning the expedited delivery fee, even though it was a service i paid for that i did not receive. It wasn't a favor, it was a damn necessity Never going to use them again, and yet, to this day, 5 days after initial delivery, the pony is making it's slow blodding way across the mountains of Pennsylvanian to get the flowers to their destination.

Carolyn Johnson

March 19th, 2018 Glendale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Floral bandits? Underhanded marketing/advertising methods. Difficult to deal with when something goes awry. I pity the local florists associated with them.

l johnson

March 19th, 2018 Glendale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These people are disgusting money mongers with no customer service and like to lie. We ordered birthday flowers to be delivered on 3/16. We received an email they were delivered at 2:36 on that day. However, they were never delivered and 3 days later the local floral firm called to inform us they were out of the flowers we ordered. Avas lied to us. Plus, they were obnoxious in their emails and continued to lie, stating they would investigate it, which they never did. Also, the big banner on their website states there is no delivery charge, which is BS. Instead, after you have entered your credit card info and are ready to click to order, a $15.95 service charge pops up...that is a delivery charge!!! Who are they trying to fool? Don't touch these bandits with a 10-foot pole.

Lp

March 15th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never will I order from this company again. I asked many times to get a copy of my receipt and still today I do not have it. They said FREE shipping, then here is this EXTRA service charge of $15.00. I waited all day for the flowers to be delivered and go to check the status and not only are Avas flowers closed, but they have not got a confirmation from the driver. IN a nut shell, I just got sorry and we will call you when we reach out to the shop that is delivering your flowers. Never heard back at all. $ paid 3.99 for what was suppose to be a big greeting card, NOT.. at all. Just a small card with what I requested to be on it. What a complete rip off this was. I will be sending more complaints to the BBB and other companies. With this many unhappy customers you should be refunding your customers. I also will be sending a picture of the card I paid $3.99 for. My sister did not get her flowers till after 6:30pm last night. I still have no receipt for my transaction and no confirmation of delivery. May have to put in a dispute with my bank.

Becky

March 12th, 2018 Saint Charles, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered 2 arrangements for a family members wake. I am from out of town and they garunteed me that they would be able to get the order done and have them there berfore the wake started. Come to find out they only delivered one of the arrangements that had been ordered and paid for. Totally unacceptable. I hope they willing refund my money. I would never recommend using them. Their web page shows being rated 5 stars and now seeing the actual consumer rating sites, they apparently have been lying.

Amy Wilson

March 8th, 2018 Middletown, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The flowers delivered were not as adveritised.

Jeanne Trew

March 8th, 2018 Westerly, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You will NEVER receive another order from our family!!! You told me you were charging $49.98 and when I received the email’d receipt, you slipped in a $15 “Service Charge”, without my knowledge! You charged me $65.93 and even though I called immediately after placing the Order, you REFUSED to cancel it, at my request. I even spoke with a Manager who also refused to cancel, despite the order being placed just 5 minutes earlier! Additionally, I am writing to the Better Business Bureau, to make them aware of your SHADY practices. I am also going into every review website to let people know you are SCAMMERS!

Michael Weddle

March 2nd, 2018 Arlington, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The reviews on their site are false! They are not a local company! The flower arrangement was not even close to the picture on the website! And they didn't deliver any of the extras I paid for! DO NOT USE

CT

March 1st, 2018 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do NOT shop here. They never delivered the flowers, never called to tell me there was a "problem" with the delivery, and NEVER refunded my money. I called countless times and just kept being put on hold. I had to go through my credit card company to get my money back. HORRIBLE service!!! (This is the first negative review I have ever written in my life. They are just that bad.)