Avas Flowers Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

7.1

Wendy Marathon, FL

AWFUL, wrong products, missing Box of candies, bad customer service, never again!

Shauna Bothell, WA

Found Ava's flowers online when I searched for a florist in the small town where my Mom had surgery. Little did I know they were some sort of third party. I thought something was fishy when I ordered a $60 arrangement and that ended up being just over $100! When I asked them how that happened they itemized a card, ribbon and some sort of service fee. (Although it said free delivery.) I should have stopped right there but my Mom was in the hospital for the night and I wanted her to have flowers. Later in the day I get this cryptic email saying that they need to confirm some details on my order and to please call them. (They had my phone number I had no idea why they didn't just call me right away!) Turns out they "couldn't find a florist in the area to complete the order" (I now wonder if florists just won't work with them.) Did I want to have flowers delivered to her house instead? No, I stated, I really wanted them delivered to the hospital so please just cancel my order. I had to tell the rep at least 3 times that I wanted my order cancelled and he kept on trying to convince me to just have them delivered later to her house (she lives in an even smaller town so I highly doubt this would have happened either). Finally he relented and said he would cancel the order and send me an email confirmation of the cancellation. No email was received. 3 days later I got a refund for everything except for their $19 service fee! Currently fighting them on that.

DP Williams Atlanta, GA

Horrible customer service!!! Polite people on the phone but NO email or response when multiple inquires made regarding delivery of my order...3000 miles away. They present themselves as “local business” but pls ck to make sure. They ARE NOT in Berkeley CA as was claimed to me

jEANNE Nottingham, MD

These people are a rip off. I ordered flowers for a teacher on the morning of her birthday. I called and asked if they could deliver before the end of the school day which is 4:00. I was assured they could. At 3:00 that afternoon I checked their website and found out that the flowers DID NOT get delivered. I then called their customer service and told them to cancel the order. The person I spoke to argued about the cancellation and kept offering a $20.00 store credit. I told her I did not want this to cancel the order. They delivered the flowers the next day to the school. The teacher that the flowers were for was not in school on Friday and did not return until the following Monday. I have tried contacting them about this issue and they do not even have a record of my 2 phone calls with them. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT USE THEM!

Ridiculous!! Glen Rock, PA

Ridiculous!! The arrangement I order was $34.99 w/free delivery then taxes added on...that's fine. What wasn't fine was they charged me $15.95 stating it was a "service & handling" fee!!! What a rip off!!

Julie Grand Junction, CO

EPIC FAIL. Ordered flowers for a special client celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. They were taking a cruise and I arranged for the flowers to be delivered to the cruise ship before it left. The cruise staff was on the look out and I stressed how important it was that the flowers arrived before 10am. Not only did they not arrive before 10 but Ava's Flowers decided they'd deliver 2 days later and seemed surprised when the ship had left. Very unprofessional and disappointing with no way to correct this monumental mistake. They did refund my money after listening to my original call ordering the flowers.

John North Highlands, CA

0 stars dont waste your time do your research before you order. Lesson learned. Dont do the sane say delivery because they will not deliver then the same day.

Michael S Lititz, PA

Customer service sucks...Lost order today on a Saturday, spent over an hour on phone with delivery dept. Lied to about receiving upgrade and credit. Ava's flowers telephone system sucks, constant hang ups or silence with no one answering telephone. It's now Monday morning and I spent another 30 minutes on the phone with customer service and they still cannot locate my order because the "design dept" was closed. Told to wait a FEW HOURS BEFORE CALLING BACK TO LOCATE ORDER.

Philipp Emeryville, CA

Ordered flowers for an aunt in hospice on 5 Aug 2019. Three days later, despite numerous calls with their customer services, as well as online complaints on their website, the flowers never arrived. I had cancelled the order and they gave excuses that their designer attempted delivery, which was not the case. Further, they insist on wanting to charge a handling fee. All lies and poor customer service. And, they are misleading since they are not a local business. Suffice to say, my credit card agreed with me in disputing the charges. STAY AWAY from this SCAM of a company.

Disappointed Customer Lewisville, TX

I was very disappointed in the service I received from Ava's Flowers. I was looking for a local florist in Atlanta to send get well flowers to my daughter. The website advertised a $39.99 arrangement and a picture of a bear and 6 get well and smiley face mylar balloons. I requested same day delivery. When given the total it was $99.xx. I questioned it and was told the picture was of a more expensive item. I agreed on a smaller option(bear with 2 smiley face balloons and a get well balloon). It still cost over $60.00. The arrangement was delivered 2 days later with 2 get well balloons and a valentine balloon. The card said "thought you could use a smile". There was no smiley face balloon. Very poor service considering they are in a business that cheer up the sick and comfort the grieving.

MsH Sacramento, CA

I ordered an Purple Orchid on July 19th to be delivered on July 28th for my Mother's Birthday. As she lives in another state.Anyway they contacted me the 29th and told me the flower was unavailable. They should have contacted me sooner to let me know so I could have made other arrangements. Instead they waited until the day after her birthday to contact me. So beyond frustrating and disappointing. Unable to get a refund. We spent $78.00 and it's just gone. Do not buy from them

Rod Kunia Camp, HI

Horrible Service , these guys do not deserve to be in the business! I ordered a $200 floral arrangement for a funeral service a week before the event and got an email the morning of the service to call Avas. After 15 minutes on hold I was informed without explanation that they would not be able to deliver and that I could reschedule. A couple of days later I called back to have the flowers delivered to family member's home and spent 20 minutes with agent redoing the order. I called back shortly thereafter to confirm order details, only to be told that they could not deliver to that location unless I payed another $100. At this point I told them to forget it and requested a refund. This company clearly has no regard for its' customers and appears to just view angry customers as a cost of doing business. I will never do business with this company again.

Mary Tulsa, OK

I wouldn't even give this company one single star. I ordered flowers within the time window for same day delivery, but was understanding if the flowers couldn't be delivered until the following day. However, while I ordered on Saturday, no flowers were delivered either that day or the next. When I called customer service on Monday, I was informed they would be delivered that day. I said that was unacceptable since the recipient was now 90 miles away and would be gone for the entire upcoming week. I was offered a partial refund. I said I wanted a full refund. The woman then told me that my order specified the flowers to be delivered today, not the 27th or 28th as I had said. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said she was a supervisor. I hung up, then called back and got another company representative. I told her the story (she had the previous call details in front of her) Again I was offered a partial refund. I then told her I had my order confirmation email in front of me and would be happy to send it to them. She then said I would be getting a full refund. I'm sorry, but they effectively called me a liar, my birthday present ($80 worth of flowers) was not delivered, and it took two irate phone calls to get my money back. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Keith Marietta, GA

$84 Luxury Flower Package Wilted and Dead in THREE DAYS!! Refused to do anything. Said I had to file a complaint within 24 hours despite the website terms stating SEVEN DAYS. I was within the seven day period. They offered a $15 store credit to use in the future which is as sad as the pitiful flower arrangement I paid for as a birthday surprise. Buy from a local florist. The customer service is horrible.

Lisa Smith Waco, TX

Extremely disappointed and embarrassed! I ordered flowers for a friend's birthday and they were supposed to have been delivered yesterday but were not delivered until today. Not only were they late in delivering, but they also did NOT deliver what I ordered. I ordered an arrangement that shows on their website to be vibrant and colorful. Instead, the arrangement that was delivered was dull and the flowers were already wilting. I tried calling only to be put on a continuous looped recording that ended up disconnecting the call. I sent an email and received a response that the flowers fall within their Substitution Policy guidelines. The arrangement that was delivered was a complete embarrassment and I DO NOT recommend this company.

Katie Holland, MI

They did an AWFUL job. Flowers looked nothing like they should have and when I found out how they turned out they would do NOTHING about it! They said I had 24hrs to have it taken care of. Like most people are going to call you and say wow my flowers are ugly....NO...they also don't know what you ordered either! The only reason I found out what they looked like was because my parents went to see her 3 days after she received the plant arrangement. My grandmother was not even excited to say she received anything, thats how bad they looked! Do NOT buy from them....they are ripping people off! They should be ashamed!!!

Eveline G Longmont, CO

I would highly recommend that you look else where for your florist arrangement. I am absolutely disappointed with this company! I ordered a bouquet for my boyfriend's mom to be delivered on his birthday. I have not met her yet and I wanted to make a good impression. On his birthday, she messaged him a photo of the flowers and when he showed me, for a second I thought someone else had sent her flowers. The bouquet was small and puny and had more green leaf foliage then flowers. The picture online showed at least five different varieties of flowers and the bouquet only had three. I paid exactly for "As Shown" so there is not excuse why the bouquet is not what I paid for. This company is full of false promises! I paid $68.94 with service fees and King Soopers could have made a better bouquet for $20! This company is a rip-off and they should be shut down!

Ms. Nancy Columbus, IN

07.2019 HORRIBLE experience. ORDER CANCELLED. A small teddy bear w 3 roses is advertised for $45.00 w free same-day delivery, yet the total price came to $73.00!!!! I said no-way, and was ready to hang-up, but was lured back in when he offered to lower the total price. They promised "same-day delivery," which did not happen. I received an email (never asked for my tele number), shortly after placing my order explaining that they were unable to fulfil my order due to the blooms (3 roses) were unavailable. Therefore, they had transferred my order to another designer. The letter said to discuss this further, call this number, but the number answers "good-bye," and hangs up immediately. ha I called two other numbers listed on their website, to no avail. At 7pm cst, the recording said wait times are over 20 mins. I called the next morning, asking when my flowers would be delivered - "Julius stated "we cannot guarantee delivery." I asked if I could call the florist they transferred my order to, and he said no. I cancelled the order. Avas florist deducted an $18.99 service fee, insisting that they earned this by taking my order and transferring it to another designer. Fortunately, my credit card company took care of this ridiculous service fee. Based on Avas reviews, this must be how they stay in business.

gary kaufman Sea Island, GA

The flowers I ordered were an embarassment. My wife called me a cheapskate as she believed I could not have spent more than $19 for this anniversary bouquet - which cost $79 and was supposed to be (according to the sales rep) extremely impressive. Problem is, it was impressive AS IT WAS TERRIBLE. Customer service repeatedly put me on hold and then disconnected me. I sent them a picture - at their request - only to be told they NEVER received it - THREE TIMES. Finally I spoke to a person and they did not hang up. They admitted they had the picture. They said everything was as it should be. Customer service stinks. The flowers stink. I WOULD GIVE THEM 0 STARS IF THE OPTION EXISTED. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WISH TO BE DISAPPOINTED AND GIVEN THE RUN AROUND.

Jo-Lue Bloomer

Another 1 Star review here. Ordered flowers for my sister. She is dying of cancer so this is her last birthday. She phoned to say that a small, cheap, wilted bouquet with broken stems arrived from local flourist in Everett "Olas Flowers". The delivery guy just said "sorry" and left the flowers. I used online customer complaint, then phoned through to customer service agent "Louis". He said he could not issue refund without speaking to his "designer". Promised to phone back but never did. Suspect from reading other reviews on Yelp, BBB , etc. that I will never see my $100 refund. STAY AWAY FROM AVAS !

Patricia Apollo, PA

I ordered a large beautiful bouquet to be sent to Arlington Ntional Cemetery for my 44 wedding anniv. with my deceades husband. They promised to email me a picture of the delivered flowers...I never received the picture and have called several times and emailed them several times to no avail. How do I know that the arrangement I ordered for $93.00 plus were even delivered and that it was the bouquet I ordered? DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS FLORIST.....A TOTAL RIPOFF!!!!!!! The people I spoke with on the phone were all VERY RUDE...THEY OFFERED ME A $10 REFUND ON AN ORDER THAT WAS OVER $90. AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THE BBB AND WILL ALSO PLACE A BAD REVIEW ON ANGIE'S LIST ON MY COMPUTER. NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY AND SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

Donna Burke Dallas, OR

Disappointing nightmare. Ordered birthday gift, not delivered 6/26. They said would upgrade it, be there 6/28. 6/29 no delivery. Called, said in transit. What?? Paid for 2 day delivery. Refused to credit my credit card so had to file a complaint through my credit card co. No one I spoke to with Avas was in this country. 1 800 flower so much better. Do NOT use Avas if you want any reliability, especially if important surprise.

Jessiekitty Oak Park, IL

The person who took my order misspelled my email so I couldn't look up the status of my order, and I had to change my order. I got a text saying they had [email protected] for my email but it was clearly misspelled. I had to change the kind of order and responded to the text because it was the only way I could ask for the change in time. So I never got a response to my text, didn't get an email to my new address (that I gave them in the text), and when I called today I found out they delivered the wrong thing! I told them it was their fault because they put the wrong email in and didn't get my text message (then why the heck did they contact me by text?) So they offered me a 10 dollar refund--nowhere near what I spent on the original order. When I asked to talk to someone higher up the person said she was the customer service manager and she refused to budge even though it was THEIR FAULT. Now all my money is wasted. My friend will not see the flowers until the flowers are dead.

Georgia Clifton, NJ

Worst experience I have ever had.I sent flowers to girlfriend and I was shocked and disgusted that you could see the stems in the vase. A whole bunch of ugly green and brown stems. The ugly stems completely made the flowers look horrible. Who in the world puts flowers into a clear vase and why do they made clears vases period. Stems are so ugly and hideous looking and totally ruin the over all look. If I knew I was getting a clear vase I never would have ordered.Luckily I managed to fix this problem myself, I had a spare opaque vase so I was able to cover up the monstrous looking stems before I became nauseous.

KimberlyN Park City, UT

Chose this vendor because they said that they delivered same day on their site, and said they worked with local florists. Sounded good. I ordered flowers for my partner (very slow loading site). Received confirmation email, that allowed me to track. Last night, I asked my partner if he received the arrangement. He did not. I checked the status, and it stated that there was an attempt to delivery. BUT-in my order notes for the delivery driver, i stated someone may not be there, and to leave the flowers on the porch. I called this am and asked where the flowers were. I was told that there was an attempt at delivery. Well, I have a home security camera. No one came to our house all day. So, lie #1. They tried to call the local florist, but the florist wasn't opened yet. I was assured that someone from Ava's would get back to me. When I had not heard back by noonET, I called again. The person I spoke with called the florist, and they were told that the flowers would arrive shortly. Still nothing on our home camera, so I called again at 2. I was told the flowers would arrive by 5. Nothing by 5. At this point, I requested a refund of my delivery fee. I was told that they couldn't do that, but could refund me 5%. Fine. He called the florist, and told me that the flowers were en route, and would arrive by 7MT. So, at 6:58, I called. Flowers still not arrived. I was told the florist was now closed, and that they were closing. I asked for the name of the local florist direct, but was told that they weren't allowed to provide this. I asked for a refund, and I was told that they weren't allowed. So, I opened up a dispute with my CC company. I placed the order early yesterday, and a day and a half for same day delivery, with no delivery in site is enough for me. Buyer beware. Oh, yeah, with that 5% discount, I was also given 10% off my next order. That'll never happen.

Tori cap Whitman, MA

I was happy to support a small business however I came to be very disappointed with a late delivery and horrible customer service I spent way too much money for this kind of service.

Dana Bridgewater, NJ

Fraudulent company - bait and switch - ordered large heart arrangement $300.00 for funeral service - a very tiny wreath arrived half dead and damaged. Called the company and they offered me a $15 credit next purchase and had me on hold for hours - Do not use this company -

K. Connor Orlando, FL

I phoned Avas Flowers on May 25 to make a phone order for a funeral bouquet for services on May30 at 10 AM. I was assured that the delivery would by by 9AM on the 30th. I was also told that I would receive an email confirmation. Within the hour I did receive an email billing statement; but it stated that the delivery would be May 30 "before 12 PM". It also stated that the delivery time could not be guaranteed. As there is no practical use for a funeral service arrangement that is delivered after the funeral service, I did as the email invoice stated--I called their customer service number to advise that delivery must be assured before the service and that I wanted something in writing via email or new billing statement that at least reflected the correct time of delivery as 9AM. I was told that Avas could not do that. After considering the situation and what I considered to be the unreasonable position of Avas, I decided to cancel the order.I went on line and followed the directions of their website which was to go to AvasFlowers.net and clicked on the topic "cancel an order'. After inserting the order number and information requested I clicked the submit button and immediately it stated that the cancellation could not be processed and to call their customer service representative. I did just that immediately. I was quite plain that I wanted to cancel the order. The rep was very hard sell and tried to talk me out of cancellation. He ultimately said it would be cancelled, but that I would be charged a cancellation fee of $18(plus change); and that I would be credited the difference of the order ($130.52) minus the "cancellation fee". When I asked that he send me written confirmation by email that they acknowledged the order was timely cancelled and that I would receive a refund credit, he said stated that he would. However, the day went by and no email was received. They seem to have no trouble sending emails advertising their product and billing info favorable to them, but have no capability of sending an email reflecting their oral representations to a customer on the phone. It remains to be seen if I do in fact receive any timely credit. I do agree with the MANY other reviews of this company that their customer service is atrocious. I, unfortunately, was unaware of these reviews before getting involved. Their website states that they are " 5 Star". The website is also designed to imply that they are a local florist in the area where the flowers are needed; but they are not as I later found out through research of the company.

Jim Brinkley Oxford, NC

I should have read these reviews before ordering my flowers. Yesterday, I ordered a large bouquet for 30th wedding anniversary today. I got an email at 4:45 this afternoon that flowers could not be delivered today. They didn't even have the decency to call and I was fortunate to check my email when I did). I did get a full refund (hence 1 star), but I do not recommend and I will never use the company again.

Terri Cheney, WA

If I could rate them less than 1 star I would! Mothers day flowers from my son were to be delivered on 5-12. Then they changed it to 5-14,. After not receiving the flowers 5-14, I called morning of 5-15. There was a problem with the address, that they couldn't find in google. The address is in google. They said their fault, would deliver 5-15. Today is 5-17 NO FLOWERS . Are you kidding me. No joke, where do all the star ratings come from , as I'm reading just this month how horrible they are. DON'T ORDER FROM THEM

Holly R Livonia, MI

Worst company I have ever worked with ! If I could give them a negative review I would. Ordered a 12 x 14 planter with Perennials for my mother for Mother's Day for her front porch. The flowers came two days late, in a basket with indoor flowers & the card said " In Sympathy " . For the record my mom is alive and well. I called to let them know how off they were with my order and all I got was hung up on. The owner Matt N of New Jersey should be ashamed of himself for running such a despicable company, hiring incompetent people and cheating people out of their hard earned money. I was charged $109.79 for something I never ordered. For the record I looked at their website to see how much the item they sent my mom actually cost and it was $70. Will never do business with this so called company again. BBB of New Jersey will be contacted in the morning.

LG Valrico, FL

Was a repeat customer. Don't know why? Disgusting customer service, and after there "guaranteed delivery", that they could not make good on, kept my money!! Wouldn't use this POS company again if they were the last florist around!!! AWFUL EXPERIENCE!

HappyMan Nederland, CO

Literally one of the worst businesses i have ever worked with. Order flowers for my Mother a week ahead of time. They not only failed to deliver the flowers but didn't even let me know that they weren't delivering until AFTER the delivery date. When I reached out to customer service I spoke with a Customer Service rep after a long hold. The rep was possibly the rudest and most unhelpful person i have ever spoken to! I called back and was promised that a supervisor would call me back...of course as you can expect it was a call that never came. I will NEVER consider purchasing from this HORRIBLE business!!

cherylb135 Reno, NV

The worst, absolute worst ever? Not just flowers but customer service ever! Everything about this company is terrible. They took my money then CANCELED my order AFTER the delivery date! I ordered a plant for my Mother-in-Law for Mother’s Day and received a confirmation e-mail that all was good and they immediately charged my credit card for payment. The Friday night before Mother’s Day, I received an e-mail saying “due to the seasonality and availability of the flowers, the exact arrangement you ordered is unavailable…” and they then changed the delivery date to the Monday AFTER Mother’s Day. The e-mail said to respond to the e-mail or call them. I called but no one answered – what you get is immediately put onto hold listening to their (fake) spiel about how important customers are, then, at exactly 6 minutes, it disconnects you ~ no opportunity to talk to anyone or leave a message. I also sent an e-mail. Saturday morning, no response to my e-mail and I had to call back twice (again being disconnected at 6 minutes) before someone finally answered. He looked up my order and said it wasn’t that the plant was unavailable, it was that their automatic system overbooks the delivery drivers so they just don’t have anyone until Monday to deliver. Now, it’s the day before Mother’s Day and too late to make other arrangements and they’ve already taken my money. They, with their utter incompetence and obvious and complete lack of care for their customers, single-handedly ruined the gift for my Mother-In-Law and, since we live out of State, we had no way or time to make other arrangements. Here’s the best part – on Monday, at 4:28 p.m. I get another e-mail saying they “have reached capacity” and CANCELED MY ORDER THE DAY AFTER MOTHER’S DAY. Also, it will take 10 days to process my refund. What a horrible, terrible company with horrible, terrible customer service. The guy on the phone Saturday tried to blame their “system” but remember – they choose this system and they continue to use it. GREED lets companies operate like this, you’d be wise to spend your money elsewhere ~ somewhere they say they care and actually mean it. Oh – let me also note that on Friday, they offered me $15 store credit, good for one year. Then on Monday, it was only $10. Ridiculous. Like I would ever shop here again, NOT even if it was free.

Victoria Littleton, CO

Absolutely ludicrous. I ordered flowers for Mother's Day, was charged and got an email Sunday morning (Mother's Day morning!) saying that they were too busy and the order was cancelled. They should have NEVER taken the order if that was the case, and at the very least, they should have cancelled it sooner so I could come up with other options. I called my mom to see if she got a delivery, and she was nearly in tears. I hope this obnoxious service doesn't carry over to this organization's own families!

Kelly Glass Kirkland, WA

Outrageous service!!!! I ordered a beautiful bouquet of baby pink and white roses. My mother was sent hot pink carnations and white and purple daisies. I called to complain and offered me a $15 credit like I’d order from them again! Their own policy states if you don’t like their flowers they will send out a proper bouquet instead. Of course that’s after they take the other flowers back. I told them I wanted them to do that. I read back to them numerous policies from their own site and I was talked over rudely and told no. The women thought she had me on mute while she yelled about me and then hung up. Worst costumer service. Comparably to comcast with how furious I am. My mother was sent bottom of the barrel grocery store flowers when I paid $80 for what I presumed to be roses.

Ward Olympia, WA

Attempted to make an order on line at 10:30 on Saturday. Bait and switch on cost based on what the call a free delivery but included a $20.00 "service" charge which is not disclosed until you are at the end of placing your order. After filling out all the info and enter to continue, the website spun and spun and never completed. Upon calling them and even though I went over the order multiple times, they still got the delivery name and address wrong in the e-Mail confirmation I received. Unfortunately, within an hour, on Saturday, I found out the receiver was I the process of moving and the flowers could not be delivered had no permanent address as of yet. Avas would not cancel the order even though the delivery date wasn't until Monday based on the confirming e-Mail they had sent me. I have contacted my credit card company and the payment is now in dispute.

Anne Tunas, MO

I tried to place an online for an orchid to be delivered to a funeral. The website froze up on me and I had to call their customer service number. I should have just went to the local grocery store and purchased something there. Long story short, the guy told me he would give me a better price than I could get online. Needless to say, he didn’t. They actually charged me an additional $18.93 more and I’m unsure what that “service charge” was for. I can tell you that it wasn’t for their outstanding service! He couldn’t understand English and the sympathy card that I paid an addition $4 for was wrong. I paid for an orchid. They called me twenty minutes later and told me that I couldn’t get an orchid but reassured me that they would deliver something just as beautiful. What they sent was a green rubber tree looking thing for the same price as an orchid! I could have gone to the grocery store and paid $15 for that, the note/card would have been free and my name would have actually been on the card but I chose to trust this company. I paid $85 and didn't even get my name listed on the sympathy card. I am so horribly disgusted and disappointed with this company and the service that I received. I would NOT recommend that anyone use this ever. You will not get what you pay for!

Shannon Cumming, GA

Horrible experience. Did not get the size represented. Super sloppy arrangement. Customer service said it "was in their guidelines " and offered no resolution. Absolutely unacceptable. Do not do business with this company

Nicole Broomfield, CO

I wish I would have read reviews before placing an order because I see other customers having very similar issues. The arrangement I ordered did not come close to what I had expected, and placed online. I paid $70 for a few faded daises and wilted roses, in addition they did not even arrive on the date I had requested (even when placing the order over a week in advance). To make matters worse customer service was unhelpful, rude and unapologetic. After my initial email they responded once then never got back to me with my response. Ava's flowers is not dedicated to customer service, or providing a reasonable product.

Becky T Lakewood, WA

I ordered an arrangement called Bright Sunlight listed on Avas' website. All yellow, green and white flowers in a pretty yellow vase. What was sent was a cheap, ugly arrangement a 5 year old could of done better, in a cheap clear vase and red flowers!! I was very specific on the arrangement chosen because of the Oregon Ducks, "Green & Yellow". Upon reporting to Avas their horrendous mistake, this is their response: "Thank you for reaching out to us. We regret any inconvenience regarding your order. Upon reviewing the arrangement that you ordered and confirming with the designer, we have determined that the flowers sent are within the recipe and guidelines that the bouquet called for, in the size that you ordered. If any minor substitutions were made, they fall within our Substitution Policy guidelines. Therefore, your order meets the product description." I have already started the procedure to Stop Pay. I am NOT paying $70 for GARBAGE!!

AndreaL Ridgewood, NJ

What was delivered was absolutely NOTHING like the picture. I ordered a beautiful arrangement and received cheap daisies and 3 wilted roses. No refund offered because I didn't see the horrible arrangement IN ANOTHER STATE within 24 hours. They are a total scam.

Dragana Boulder, CO

Bought flowers as a birthday gift. They claimed that they attempted the delivery and that no one was home which was a lie. Then four failed attempts to resolve the issue with the customer service to no avail. Bottom line - no delivery and no refund. Terrible experience - first and the last time I shopped with them. Avoid at all costs!!

Nikki Inman, SC

I ordered same day delivery for a co-worker. The flowers didn't show up so when I called they said the florist attempted delivery but no one was home which was a lie. The next day when she received them, they didn't look anything like the flowers I had ordered. I will not use them again.

JR San Diego, CA

Guaranteed delivery time in writing arrived one hour late to our family funeral service. Company non responsive to my complaint after telling me they would respond shortly - 20 days have gone by and no response after four calls! I would not recommend this business to anyone....

Julia Strout Auburn, ME

Completely unsatisfied and very upset with Ava's Flowers. When you call to place an order, they answer immediately. When you call with a problem, stay on hold for over 45 minutes. Then when speaking with the manager, he was very uninterested and rude. Horrible customer service. Manager said he would call me back, and he never did. I will never do business with this company again. The arrangement was certianly not worth the money I paid.

SandyB Advance, NC

I called at 9:15 am on the Friday before my son’s senior Prom to order a corsage. They took my order, went over colors and styles, and charged my credit card. At 4:45 pm, they called and told me the sales associate had made a mistake, that they don’t do corsages anymore. Granted, my son left the purchase of the corsage a little late, but this place took my order and my money and gave me a confirmation number, then waited the entire day, until the time that any other florist I might try would be closing, to let me know the corsage wasn’t happening. The night before Prom. They offered me a plant. Seriously, they asked if I wanted a plant or another arrangement. I hung up. Then they called me back to ask if I wanted a store credit against a future purchase or a refund. What, did they think I was actually going to buy something from them ever again? Don’t trust them

DEBRA ROMEO Pahoa, HI

DO NOT USE AVAS FLOWERS!!! My daughter suffered a great loss and I live 3,000 miles away. I called and spoke to a representative and ordered sunflowers and tuberoses as they have special meaning for my daughter. I asked him to check the stock to ensure this is what could be sent and that they be delivered on the same day. He assured me that they had those flowers and that they could be delivered. They were not. I received an email that night saying sorry, we couldn't deliver the flowers. Then when my daughter did receive a bouquet the next day, it was a scrawny pile of pink roses and snapdragons with one puny sunflower shoved in the bottom. It was awful! After MANY, MANY phone calls, they finally said, tough, we didn't have the flowers you wanted so we just substituted what we had. They would not send a new bouquet of sunflowers as it was against their policy. They had NO heart and NO customer service. I will never use them again. They basically lied to get my order and then blew me off. We were already in the middle of a heartbreaking experience and this just made it so much worse!! When she told me it was just their policy and that they couldn't do anything about it, I said, well, maybe you ought to think about putting people before your policies.

Karen Mooresville, NC

I ordered a My Sun, Moon, and Stars arrangement from Avas Flowers for my 95-year-old grandmother who has been in the hospital out of state. I paid for the arrangement "as shown" in the website photo and did not receive anything close to what was shown. My aunt sent me a photo of what was delivered because she felt it did not match the description of what I told her was sent. I emailed customer service for Avas Flowers immediately and included photos of the arrangement. I requested a replacement arrangement that matched what I ordered, I believed that was a reasonable request. They denied my request and gave me a 10% refund instead. I did not want a refund and I communicated that to the customer service agent. I asked them to deliver the correct arrangement and have received no further communication. I am extremely disappointed and will not do business with them in the future. Do NOT order flowers from Avas Flowers.

Benny Byrum

Ava's Flowers is a rip off. They overcharge. Customer service is pathetic. You might not even get someone from the U.S. Surprise! Make sure you contact a local florist with an address. You won't be disappointed then. One star is being kind.