Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.9
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.4
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.0

Patricia
July 8th, 2019 Apollo, PA DETAILS

I ordered a large beautiful bouquet to be sent to Arlington Ntional Cemetery for my 44 wedding anniv. with my deceades husband. They promised to email me a picture of the delivered flowers...I never received the picture and have called several times and emailed them several times to no avail. How do I know that the arrangement I ordered for $93.00 plus were even delivered and that it was the bouquet I ordered? DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS FLORIST.....A TOTAL RIPOFF!!!!!!! The people I spoke with on the phone were all VERY RUDE...THEY OFFERED ME A $10 REFUND ON AN ORDER THAT WAS OVER $90. AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THE BBB AND WILL ALSO PLACE A BAD REVIEW ON ANGIE'S LIST ON MY COMPUTER. NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY AND SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

Donna Burke
July 1st, 2019 Dallas, OR DETAILS

Disappointing nightmare. Ordered birthday gift, not delivered 6/26. They said would upgrade it, be there 6/28. 6/29 no delivery. Called, said in transit. What?? Paid for 2 day delivery. Refused to credit my credit card so had to file a complaint through my credit card co. No one I spoke to with Avas was in this country. 1 800 flower so much better. Do NOT use Avas if you want any reliability, especially if important surprise.

Jessiekitty
June 26th, 2019 Oak Park, IL DETAILS

The person who took my order misspelled my email so I couldn't look up the status of my order, and I had to change my order. I got a text saying they had [email protected] for my email but it was clearly misspelled. I had to change the kind of order and responded to the text because it was the only way I could ask for the change in time. So I never got a response to my text, didn't get an email to my new address (that I gave them in the text), and when I called today I found out they delivered the wrong thing! I told them it was their fault because they put the wrong email in and didn't get my text message (then why the heck did they contact me by text?) So they offered me a 10 dollar refund--nowhere near what I spent on the original order. When I asked to talk to someone higher up the person said she was the customer service manager and she refused to budge even though it was THEIR FAULT. Now all my money is wasted. My friend will not see the flowers until the flowers are dead.

Georgia
June 12th, 2019 Clifton, NJ DETAILS

Worst experience I have ever had.I sent flowers to girlfriend and I was shocked and disgusted that you could see the stems in the vase. A whole bunch of ugly green and brown stems. The ugly stems completely made the flowers look horrible. Who in the world puts flowers into a clear vase and why do they made clears vases period. Stems are so ugly and hideous looking and totally ruin the over all look. If I knew I was getting a clear vase I never would have ordered.Luckily I managed to fix this problem myself, I had a spare opaque vase so I was able to cover up the monstrous looking stems before I became nauseous.

KimberlyN
June 12th, 2019 Park City, UT DETAILS

Chose this vendor because they said that they delivered same day on their site, and said they worked with local florists. Sounded good. I ordered flowers for my partner (very slow loading site). Received confirmation email, that allowed me to track. Last night, I asked my partner if he received the arrangement. He did not. I checked the status, and it stated that there was an attempt to delivery. BUT-in my order notes for the delivery driver, i stated someone may not be there, and to leave the flowers on the porch. I called this am and asked where the flowers were. I was told that there was an attempt at delivery. Well, I have a home security camera. No one came to our house all day. So, lie #1. They tried to call the local florist, but the florist wasn't opened yet. I was assured that someone from Ava's would get back to me. When I had not heard back by noonET, I called again. The person I spoke with called the florist, and they were told that the flowers would arrive shortly. Still nothing on our home camera, so I called again at 2. I was told the flowers would arrive by 5. Nothing by 5. At this point, I requested a refund of my delivery fee. I was told that they couldn't do that, but could refund me 5%. Fine. He called the florist, and told me that the flowers were en route, and would arrive by 7MT. So, at 6:58, I called. Flowers still not arrived. I was told the florist was now closed, and that they were closing. I asked for the name of the local florist direct, but was told that they weren't allowed to provide this. I asked for a refund, and I was told that they weren't allowed. So, I opened up a dispute with my CC company. I placed the order early yesterday, and a day and a half for same day delivery, with no delivery in site is enough for me. Buyer beware. Oh, yeah, with that 5% discount, I was also given 10% off my next order. That'll never happen.

Tori cap
June 5th, 2019 Whitman, MA DETAILS

I was happy to support a small business however I came to be very disappointed with a late delivery and horrible customer service I spent way too much money for this kind of service.

Dana
June 5th, 2019 Bridgewater, NJ DETAILS

Fraudulent company - bait and switch - ordered large heart arrangement $300.00 for funeral service - a very tiny wreath arrived half dead and damaged. Called the company and they offered me a $15 credit next purchase and had me on hold for hours - Do not use this company -

K. Connor
May 29th, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I phoned Avas Flowers on May 25 to make a phone order for a funeral bouquet for services on May30 at 10 AM. I was assured that the delivery would by by 9AM on the 30th. I was also told that I would receive an email confirmation. Within the hour I did receive an email billing statement; but it stated that the delivery would be May 30 "before 12 PM". It also stated that the delivery time could not be guaranteed. As there is no practical use for a funeral service arrangement that is delivered after the funeral service, I did as the email invoice stated--I called their customer service number to advise that delivery must be assured before the service and that I wanted something in writing via email or new billing statement that at least reflected the correct time of delivery as 9AM. I was told that Avas could not do that. After considering the situation and what I considered to be the unreasonable position of Avas, I decided to cancel the order.I went on line and followed the directions of their website which was to go to AvasFlowers.net and clicked on the topic "cancel an order'. After inserting the order number and information requested I clicked the submit button and immediately it stated that the cancellation could not be processed and to call their customer service representative. I did just that immediately. I was quite plain that I wanted to cancel the order. The rep was very hard sell and tried to talk me out of cancellation. He ultimately said it would be cancelled, but that I would be charged a cancellation fee of $18(plus change); and that I would be credited the difference of the order ($130.52) minus the "cancellation fee". When I asked that he send me written confirmation by email that they acknowledged the order was timely cancelled and that I would receive a refund credit, he said stated that he would. However, the day went by and no email was received. They seem to have no trouble sending emails advertising their product and billing info favorable to them, but have no capability of sending an email reflecting their oral representations to a customer on the phone. It remains to be seen if I do in fact receive any timely credit. I do agree with the MANY other reviews of this company that their customer service is atrocious. I, unfortunately, was unaware of these reviews before getting involved. Their website states that they are " 5 Star". The website is also designed to imply that they are a local florist in the area where the flowers are needed; but they are not as I later found out through research of the company.

Jim Brinkley
May 21st, 2019 Oxford, NC DETAILS

I should have read these reviews before ordering my flowers. Yesterday, I ordered a large bouquet for 30th wedding anniversary today. I got an email at 4:45 this afternoon that flowers could not be delivered today. They didn't even have the decency to call and I was fortunate to check my email when I did). I did get a full refund (hence 1 star), but I do not recommend and I will never use the company again.

Terri
May 21st, 2019 Cheney, WA

If I could rate them less than 1 star I would! Mothers day flowers from my son were to be delivered on 5-12. Then they changed it to 5-14,. After not receiving the flowers 5-14, I called morning of 5-15. There was a problem with the address, that they couldn't find in google. The address is in google. They said their fault, would deliver 5-15. Today is 5-17 NO FLOWERS . Are you kidding me. No joke, where do all the star ratings come from , as I'm reading just this month how horrible they are. DON'T ORDER FROM THEM

LG
May 20th, 2019 Valrico, FL DETAILS

Was a repeat customer. Don't know why? Disgusting customer service, and after there "guaranteed delivery", that they could not make good on, kept my money!! Wouldn't use this POS company again if they were the last florist around!!! AWFUL EXPERIENCE!

Victoria
May 17th, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS

Absolutely ludicrous. I ordered flowers for Mother's Day, was charged and got an email Sunday morning (Mother's Day morning!) saying that they were too busy and the order was cancelled. They should have NEVER taken the order if that was the case, and at the very least, they should have cancelled it sooner so I could come up with other options. I called my mom to see if she got a delivery, and she was nearly in tears. I hope this obnoxious service doesn't carry over to this organization's own families!

Holly R
May 16th, 2019 Livonia, MI DETAILS

Worst company I have ever worked with ! If I could give them a negative review I would. Ordered a 12 x 14 planter with Perennials for my mother for Mother's Day for her front porch. The flowers came two days late, in a basket with indoor flowers & the card said " In Sympathy " . For the record my mom is alive and well. I called to let them know how off they were with my order and all I got was hung up on. The owner Matt N of New Jersey should be ashamed of himself for running such a despicable company, hiring incompetent people and cheating people out of their hard earned money. I was charged $109.79 for something I never ordered. For the record I looked at their website to see how much the item they sent my mom actually cost and it was $70. Will never do business with this so called company again. BBB of New Jersey will be contacted in the morning.

HappyMan
May 16th, 2019 Nederland, CO DETAILS

Literally one of the worst businesses i have ever worked with. Order flowers for my Mother a week ahead of time. They not only failed to deliver the flowers but didn't even let me know that they weren't delivering until AFTER the delivery date. When I reached out to customer service I spoke with a Customer Service rep after a long hold. The rep was possibly the rudest and most unhelpful person i have ever spoken to! I called back and was promised that a supervisor would call me back...of course as you can expect it was a call that never came. I will NEVER consider purchasing from this HORRIBLE business!!

cherylb135
May 14th, 2019 Reno, NV DETAILS

The worst, absolute worst ever? Not just flowers but customer service ever! Everything about this company is terrible. They took my money then CANCELED my order AFTER the delivery date! I ordered a plant for my Mother-in-Law for Mother’s Day and received a confirmation e-mail that all was good and they immediately charged my credit card for payment. The Friday night before Mother’s Day, I received an e-mail saying “due to the seasonality and availability of the flowers, the exact arrangement you ordered is unavailable…” and they then changed the delivery date to the Monday AFTER Mother’s Day. The e-mail said to respond to the e-mail or call them. I called but no one answered – what you get is immediately put onto hold listening to their (fake) spiel about how important customers are, then, at exactly 6 minutes, it disconnects you ~ no opportunity to talk to anyone or leave a message. I also sent an e-mail. Saturday morning, no response to my e-mail and I had to call back twice (again being disconnected at 6 minutes) before someone finally answered. He looked up my order and said it wasn’t that the plant was unavailable, it was that their automatic system overbooks the delivery drivers so they just don’t have anyone until Monday to deliver. Now, it’s the day before Mother’s Day and too late to make other arrangements and they’ve already taken my money. They, with their utter incompetence and obvious and complete lack of care for their customers, single-handedly ruined the gift for my Mother-In-Law and, since we live out of State, we had no way or time to make other arrangements. Here’s the best part – on Monday, at 4:28 p.m. I get another e-mail saying they “have reached capacity” and CANCELED MY ORDER THE DAY AFTER MOTHER’S DAY. Also, it will take 10 days to process my refund. What a horrible, terrible company with horrible, terrible customer service. The guy on the phone Saturday tried to blame their “system” but remember – they choose this system and they continue to use it. GREED lets companies operate like this, you’d be wise to spend your money elsewhere ~ somewhere they say they care and actually mean it. Oh – let me also note that on Friday, they offered me $15 store credit, good for one year. Then on Monday, it was only $10. Ridiculous. Like I would ever shop here again, NOT even if it was free.

Kelly Glass
May 14th, 2019 Kirkland, WA DETAILS

Outrageous service!!!! I ordered a beautiful bouquet of baby pink and white roses. My mother was sent hot pink carnations and white and purple daisies. I called to complain and offered me a $15 credit like I’d order from them again! Their own policy states if you don’t like their flowers they will send out a proper bouquet instead. Of course that’s after they take the other flowers back. I told them I wanted them to do that. I read back to them numerous policies from their own site and I was talked over rudely and told no. The women thought she had me on mute while she yelled about me and then hung up. Worst costumer service. Comparably to comcast with how furious I am. My mother was sent bottom of the barrel grocery store flowers when I paid $80 for what I presumed to be roses.

Ward
May 13th, 2019 Olympia, WA DETAILS

Attempted to make an order on line at 10:30 on Saturday. Bait and switch on cost based on what the call a free delivery but included a $20.00 "service" charge which is not disclosed until you are at the end of placing your order. After filling out all the info and enter to continue, the website spun and spun and never completed. Upon calling them and even though I went over the order multiple times, they still got the delivery name and address wrong in the e-Mail confirmation I received. Unfortunately, within an hour, on Saturday, I found out the receiver was I the process of moving and the flowers could not be delivered had no permanent address as of yet. Avas would not cancel the order even though the delivery date wasn't until Monday based on the confirming e-Mail they had sent me. I have contacted my credit card company and the payment is now in dispute.

Anne
May 6th, 2019 Tunas, MO DETAILS

I tried to place an online for an orchid to be delivered to a funeral. The website froze up on me and I had to call their customer service number. I should have just went to the local grocery store and purchased something there. Long story short, the guy told me he would give me a better price than I could get online. Needless to say, he didn’t. They actually charged me an additional $18.93 more and I’m unsure what that “service charge” was for. I can tell you that it wasn’t for their outstanding service! He couldn’t understand English and the sympathy card that I paid an addition $4 for was wrong. I paid for an orchid. They called me twenty minutes later and told me that I couldn’t get an orchid but reassured me that they would deliver something just as beautiful. What they sent was a green rubber tree looking thing for the same price as an orchid! I could have gone to the grocery store and paid $15 for that, the note/card would have been free and my name would have actually been on the card but I chose to trust this company. I paid $85 and didn't even get my name listed on the sympathy card. I am so horribly disgusted and disappointed with this company and the service that I received. I would NOT recommend that anyone use this ever. You will not get what you pay for!

Shannon
May 2nd, 2019 Cumming, GA DETAILS

Horrible experience. Did not get the size represented. Super sloppy arrangement. Customer service said it "was in their guidelines " and offered no resolution. Absolutely unacceptable. Do not do business with this company

Becky T
April 29th, 2019 Lakewood, WA

I ordered an arrangement called Bright Sunlight listed on Avas' website. All yellow, green and white flowers in a pretty yellow vase. What was sent was a cheap, ugly arrangement a 5 year old could of done better, in a cheap clear vase and red flowers!! I was very specific on the arrangement chosen because of the Oregon Ducks, "Green & Yellow". Upon reporting to Avas their horrendous mistake, this is their response: "Thank you for reaching out to us. We regret any inconvenience regarding your order. Upon reviewing the arrangement that you ordered and confirming with the designer, we have determined that the flowers sent are within the recipe and guidelines that the bouquet called for, in the size that you ordered. If any minor substitutions were made, they fall within our Substitution Policy guidelines. Therefore, your order meets the product description." I have already started the procedure to Stop Pay. I am NOT paying $70 for GARBAGE!!

Nicole
April 29th, 2019 Broomfield, CO DETAILS

I wish I would have read reviews before placing an order because I see other customers having very similar issues. The arrangement I ordered did not come close to what I had expected, and placed online. I paid $70 for a few faded daises and wilted roses, in addition they did not even arrive on the date I had requested (even when placing the order over a week in advance). To make matters worse customer service was unhelpful, rude and unapologetic. After my initial email they responded once then never got back to me with my response. Ava's flowers is not dedicated to customer service, or providing a reasonable product.

AndreaL
April 24th, 2019 Ridgewood, NJ DETAILS

What was delivered was absolutely NOTHING like the picture. I ordered a beautiful arrangement and received cheap daisies and 3 wilted roses. No refund offered because I didn't see the horrible arrangement IN ANOTHER STATE within 24 hours. They are a total scam.

Dragana
April 24th, 2019 Boulder, CO DETAILS

Bought flowers as a birthday gift. They claimed that they attempted the delivery and that no one was home which was a lie. Then four failed attempts to resolve the issue with the customer service to no avail. Bottom line - no delivery and no refund. Terrible experience - first and the last time I shopped with them. Avoid at all costs!!

Nikki
April 15th, 2019 Inman, SC DETAILS

I ordered same day delivery for a co-worker. The flowers didn't show up so when I called they said the florist attempted delivery but no one was home which was a lie. The next day when she received them, they didn't look anything like the flowers I had ordered. I will not use them again.

JR
April 15th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Guaranteed delivery time in writing arrived one hour late to our family funeral service. Company non responsive to my complaint after telling me they would respond shortly - 20 days have gone by and no response after four calls! I would not recommend this business to anyone....

Karen
April 10th, 2019 Mooresville, NC DETAILS

I ordered a My Sun, Moon, and Stars arrangement from Avas Flowers for my 95-year-old grandmother who has been in the hospital out of state. I paid for the arrangement "as shown" in the website photo and did not receive anything close to what was shown. My aunt sent me a photo of what was delivered because she felt it did not match the description of what I told her was sent. I emailed customer service for Avas Flowers immediately and included photos of the arrangement. I requested a replacement arrangement that matched what I ordered, I believed that was a reasonable request. They denied my request and gave me a 10% refund instead. I did not want a refund and I communicated that to the customer service agent. I asked them to deliver the correct arrangement and have received no further communication. I am extremely disappointed and will not do business with them in the future. Do NOT order flowers from Avas Flowers.

Julia Strout
April 8th, 2019 Auburn, ME DETAILS

Completely unsatisfied and very upset with Ava's Flowers. When you call to place an order, they answer immediately. When you call with a problem, stay on hold for over 45 minutes. Then when speaking with the manager, he was very uninterested and rude. Horrible customer service. Manager said he would call me back, and he never did. I will never do business with this company again. The arrangement was certianly not worth the money I paid.

SandyB
April 8th, 2019 Advance, NC DETAILS

I called at 9:15 am on the Friday before my son’s senior Prom to order a corsage. They took my order, went over colors and styles, and charged my credit card. At 4:45 pm, they called and told me the sales associate had made a mistake, that they don’t do corsages anymore. Granted, my son left the purchase of the corsage a little late, but this place took my order and my money and gave me a confirmation number, then waited the entire day, until the time that any other florist I might try would be closing, to let me know the corsage wasn’t happening. The night before Prom. They offered me a plant. Seriously, they asked if I wanted a plant or another arrangement. I hung up. Then they called me back to ask if I wanted a store credit against a future purchase or a refund. What, did they think I was actually going to buy something from them ever again? Don’t trust them

DEBRA ROMEO
April 8th, 2019 Pahoa, HI DETAILS

DO NOT USE AVAS FLOWERS!!! My daughter suffered a great loss and I live 3,000 miles away. I called and spoke to a representative and ordered sunflowers and tuberoses as they have special meaning for my daughter. I asked him to check the stock to ensure this is what could be sent and that they be delivered on the same day. He assured me that they had those flowers and that they could be delivered. They were not. I received an email that night saying sorry, we couldn't deliver the flowers. Then when my daughter did receive a bouquet the next day, it was a scrawny pile of pink roses and snapdragons with one puny sunflower shoved in the bottom. It was awful! After MANY, MANY phone calls, they finally said, tough, we didn't have the flowers you wanted so we just substituted what we had. They would not send a new bouquet of sunflowers as it was against their policy. They had NO heart and NO customer service. I will never use them again. They basically lied to get my order and then blew me off. We were already in the middle of a heartbreaking experience and this just made it so much worse!! When she told me it was just their policy and that they couldn't do anything about it, I said, well, maybe you ought to think about putting people before your policies.

Benny Byrum
April 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

Ava's Flowers is a rip off. They overcharge. Customer service is pathetic. You might not even get someone from the U.S. Surprise! Make sure you contact a local florist with an address. You won't be disappointed then. One star is being kind.

Rose
March 29th, 2019 Wickliffe, OH DETAILS

I was very upset with the arrangement. When I called I specially asked if I was getting the arrangement that was pictured (white vase with cross), this is why I purchased this. I was told, yes, I wasnt told maybe, we will do our best, I was told YES. When I got to the funeral hope I was shocked to see a sliver vase. I had purchased a Premium bouquet and was very disappointed to see a very small arrangement. The picture of this arrangement was so very different to what I actually got. When I called I was told all they could do is give me $8.99 refund, seriously? I paid $116.00. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM HERE AGAIN. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Tammara Reed
March 27th, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

It started on a sunday morning. My dad lost his mom, I called to see if they could deliver flowers same day. I was told that they could do that. Purchased the flowers. Got an email letting me know that my order was scheduled for delivery. As the day went on, no delivery confirmation. Later in the evening I received an email stating that the delivery did not happen, the driver did not update and was asked to call or email regarding this matter. Monday morning I phoned to check the status of the order and was told that they flower shop did not deliver on Sundays. Well that would have been nice to know.... and why the email that my order was scheduled for delivery?? The order is now scheduled for Monday. Upon checking the tracking it stated that delivery confirmation was pending. I had to call twice to check the status as the day went on. Frustrated beyond imagination I called my dad to let him know that I was trying to send him flowers and asked that he let me know if they are ever delivered. NOW the element of surprise and thoughtfullness is completely out the door. So my last phone call the them, they stated that the order was out for delivery. I asked if they could just leave the flowers as my dad is not home, they said as long as you authorize them to do that, then yes they can. I asked them to leave the order. Upon hanging up with them, my dad called and informed me that a friend stopped by his house and the flowers were on the porch. In my opinion the flowers were left prior to my authorization. I NEVER did get a delivery confirmation and the order did not look anything like the picture indicated they would. They are very nice, but not to my expectation by any means. Not very pleased with my experience. I should have researched a little better and contacted a local florist directly.

Rani
March 26th, 2019 DETAILS

STAY AWAY. Dreadful experience. 1. No invoice 2. Incorrect name of recipient 3. Guaranteed same-day delivery but when I called back was told tomorrow 4. Took 5 proactive calls and 2+ hours to connect with a human being to fix these issues, despite being promised a callback 5. Hung up on me after not resolving the issue YOU WOULD DO BETTER TO ORDER FROM WINTON'S or BOUQS. DO NOT EVER GIVE THESE AWFUL PEOPLE YOUR BUSINESS.

Ross
March 21st, 2019 DETAILS

This is a scam. They attemp to deliver 1:30 min a head of time and they say they can not find the house you go there and pickup.

Joanie Busund
March 20th, 2019 Franklinville, NJ DETAILS

I am devastated! I ordered flowers for my daughters birthday and was promised that short of the delivery man having a flat tire, they would be delivered on March 19th. When they never came, I called and found out that the order (though stressed numerous times in the phone conversation by me that the person for whom the flowers were for would not be there after the 19th), it had been scheduled for the 20th. Although I was reassured that I could contact them later, they closed immediately following my call to place the order. I was completely lied to! I NEED to cancel that order now, and no one will return my call!

Jennifer Murtoff
March 19th, 2019 Broadview, IL

My friend was kind and thoughtful and ordered flowers for me. I have a busy week due to being in an accident, with doctor's appointments and other things to attend to. We'd scheduled for a delivery between 3 and 5 today. I was home. No flowers. At 5 PM, I called customer service. They said the flowers were ready and would be out for delivery in the next half hour. I waited until 5:40. No flowers. I called again. They said the florist had tried to deliver and I was not home. NOT TRUE. I had been home since 3. Then they said the florist would come back out and deliver them. I asked them to give them my cell number in case they got lost. By 7, I still had no flowers. I went about my evening. Still no flowers. I'll never use them again.

Anne
March 18th, 2019 Merrimack, NH

I wish I had read these reviews before placing my order! They advertised as being a 'local' company, so I thought I was dealing with a shop in the same town as my desired delivery. I ordered (a pricey) arrangement to be delivered to a funeral home. It didn't show up - I spoke with 5 different customer service reps (on 5 different occasions) and no one was able to tell me the status of the arrangement or if it would be delivered at all. The day after it was supposed to arrive, it still did not, so I cancelled the order. They tried to get me to 're-send' it to another location. No thanks. It was expensive in the first place and then no way to track where the order was coming from, if it was being delivered, why it was not delivered, etc. Poor!!!

Colette
March 8th, 2019 Girard, PA DETAILS

This company doesn't even deserve 1 star. I have never had to deal with such a ridiculous company before in my life. I sent my mother flowers and a balloon as part of a birthday/gender reveal in Florida. They attempted to deliver the item, I received a notification that it was delivered. When I checked my e-mail there was a notice stating that it couldn't be delivered due to no one being home. Turns out the company themselves had the wrong city, even though my confirmation e-mail from Ava's Flowers says the correct city. I had spoke with 3 customer service reps that night and finally tried to cancel my order. They couldn't get a hold of the designer (go figure) so in order to cancel I'd have to call the next morning, which I did, the customer service rep told me yet again he could not get ahold of the designer (Surprise!) He said he would go ahead and file a refund. Fast forward to 4pm this evening, the day after I wanted it delivered, my Mother texted me to tell me she received her flowers. Imagine my surprise when I was pretty sure I cancelled them early that morning. They were delivered after I said not to, the arrangement isn't what I even ordered, and it was missing the balloon that I had to pay for. So the order sat in a hot truck in Florida for an entire day, a night, and then all day the following day and delivered against my wishes. The customer service reps are a joke to even try to talk to. They absolutely refused to give me a refund. This company is the biggest scam I have ever seen. DO NOT order from them EVER!

Sabrina Rader
March 4th, 2019 Spring Hill, TN DETAILS

The absolute worst product and customer service I’ve ever experienced with a florist! Arrangement was nothing like advertised picture, less flowers, different flowers and much cheaper flowers than what I paid for. I called for refund and after 20 mins (they agreed arrangement wasn’t what I ordered) all they would offer was 10% refund. I will never order from them again. Go somewhere else!

John Steve Roberts jr
February 19th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

I ordered the bear with three roses candy and balloons. Did not receive full order. Missing candy and balloons. Was not delivered on Valentine’s Day but the day after.

Peggy Gibson
February 19th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

The flowers I ordered were for my mother's 84th birthday, and I am totally embarrassed as to what was delivered. I spent $59.00 for an arrangement that looks like I bought it from the grocery store. I ordered the "My Sun, Moon, and Stars" arrangement for $39.95, and and that nearly $16 was charged for shipping and handling. So for $60, a bouquet of mostly greens, status, and roses was delivered. I am very disappointed and embarrassed that I chose your company when ordering flowers for such an important event. As for the 2000 reward points, I do not need them, as I will not be using them. If you do not understand my frustration and disappointment after reviewing the pictures I sent to you, well there is a problem with your business model. I am not trying to get something for nothing, I simply do not understand what kind of florist would be OK to send something like this, and saying it matches your online pictures.

Alex W
February 19th, 2019 Mesquite, TX DETAILS

I usually don’t write review but don’t order from Avas flower, they’re a third company that take your order then order from a flower in your zip-code that’s the reason they’re so expensive and the reason for all the delays. I placed a order 3 days before valentine day 2/14/19 and I’m finally receiving a tracking 2/20/19 about my delivery! I called and sent several email about canceling my order no response until today 2/20/19.

Evelyn Determan
February 19th, 2019 Maple Grove, MN DETAILS

I ordered 3 arrangements for 3 different people who live in different cities to be delivered on Valentine's Day 2/14/19. I thought it was odd that my online order review was set up to show the flowers I ordered and the cost, but the recipients and their addresses weren't displayed with my order. I should have listened to my hesitations. Ava Flowers delivered 2 arrangements to one of my recipients who lives in a different State than the other 2, and sent her a text to say the third arrangement would be coming, but it was never delivered. My other 2 intended recipients never received the flowers I ordered, nor did they receive a text. I tried to contact Ava Flowers on 2/14/19 but after a very long wait I was told I had to schedule a return call for the next day, but when I waited to do that, the automated voice said "goodbye" and hung up. I tried calling a second time and the same thing happened. I tried calling the next day and the SAME thing happened, so I sent an email to Avas. In my email I sent my order number, the names and addresses of my relatives who didn't get the flowers I ordered for them and paid for, and requested that the situation be corrected. Two days later, to my surprise, I received a response that they were unable to make "changes", since my order had "already been prepared for delivery/on its way to be delivered/or delivered." I have never had such terrible customer service!! I have now sent my complaint to Visa, and they are contacting Ava's Flowers. Needless to say, I will never order from Ava's Flowers again.

Michael Bruff
February 19th, 2019 Dearborn, MI DETAILS

I was looking for a local florist to deliver Valentine's Day flowers to my wife. I found Ava's Flowers and they appeared to be a local florist in Livonia MI. So on 2/12/19 I ordered the flowers to be delivered on Valentine's Day 2/14/19. Now it's 2/15/19 and the flowers still have not delivered. I contacted their supposed customer service number yesterday afternoon as the flowers had not been delivered. I got an automated system that kept telling me the flowers were out for delivery. Then when I tired to speak to a live person the system only had an option to have them call me back. But then when I selected that option - their system said the service was unavailable and then it said "Good Bye" and hung up on me. I consider myself internet savvy and I don't typically get taken by scams or bad companies. Unfortunately Ava's Flowers got me as I was empty handed last night on Valentine's Day. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU DO NOT LIKE GIVING YOUR MONEY TO CROOKS.

D watts
February 15th, 2019 Forney, TX DETAILS

Preserved flowers 2/7 for my daughter to be delivered on Valentine’s Day. It was getting late on the day so I called and got the. Automated run around. I emailed and got no reply. Got a email saying flowers were delivered. Flower were not delivered. The customer service is non existent.DO NOT USE THESE FOLK, THEY ARE TERRIBLE.

Tim Paris
February 14th, 2019 Weare, NH DETAILS

Misleading website - Confirmation of delivery and flowers were never delivered - NIghtmare with customer service. No response or ability to talk to a human being. Actions border on outright fraud. Contacting my credit card company to report

K Clatt
February 14th, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

I had ordered flowers to be delivered to my daughter at IU, Bloomington. The flowers that she received were NOTHING like what I had ordered from the pictured website for Ava's. When I called to dispute the flowers (and forgotten balloon) I was told that they were sorry and that I could have 15% off my next order. Are you kidding me? There isn't EVER going to be a next order. When I contacted the "local" florist they told me that Ava's had specified exactly how many flowers to put in the vase and that was it. Complete joke!!

Lisa
February 6th, 2019 Chandler, AZ

I started ordering online for a same day delivery but didn't finalize because I decided to call first to ensure it would be same day. The service representative put my mind at ease and told me which local florist in Utah that would deliver it. The rep finalized my order over the phone. Right after hanging up, I decided to google the florist that would be handling my order and they aren't even open on Saturdays! I called Avas back, spoke with a different rep., asked for a refund, he stated I wouldn't get my service fee back and said he would get another florist to do it but wouldn't tell me who, said he would confirm and call me back, waited an hour, I called back...decided to get a refund and call a local Utah florist myself. Rep put me on hold and when he got back to me said he couldn't refund my money because the arrangement was already made. 3 1/2 hrs wasted of my Saturday morning and tons of stress. This is Not a reputable company. Beware!! I spent over $100..ordering flowers should not be this difficult.

Lance
January 31st, 2019 Midvale, UT DETAILS

I placed an order from Ava's Flowers to have flowers delivered to my girlfriend in Schertz ,Texas. When the flowers were delivered she sent me a photo and it looked NOTHING like the photo on their Avas Flowers website. There were half as many roses as shown in the website photograph and I had paid $5 extra for a pink vase and the flowers came in a clear vase. I contacted Ava's flowers and they told me that there were 4 missing roses. Comparing the photos there were a dozen missing roses, literally half what was shown on their website. I paid $104.43 and they offered a $27.48 refund which is far less than what I should have received given what was delivered.

Rochelle Bryant
January 31st, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

I would give a zero if I could. This place had me all excited and happy at first. Long story short I was told my delivery would be same day and it wasn't. I even told them if they couldn't deliver same day I'll go with someone else because I needed it for that day not the next day. I gave a review earlier thinking it was going to be smooth however here I am writing a follow-up review. I won't be ordering from them ever again neither will my family and friends and their friends and their families