If I could give a zero star (or, better yet... a MINUS rating) for Avas Flowers, I would!
My cousin passed away and my family and I were unable to attend the out-of-state funeral. In our stead, I wanted to order sympathy plants for his mother and widow, as well as flowers for the service.
I've ordered flowers many, MANY times before (usually with ProFlowers.com), but have NEVER had as upsetting, maddening or exasperating experience in my life! In brief (yes - this is the SHORT version):
* I called Ava's Flowers on Saturday to order flowers and plants for my cousin's funeral to be held Monday morning at 10:30 a.m.
* The guy who answered Saturday's call told me to call back on Sunday. (???)
* I called on Sunday and spoke with 'Eddie'. I stressed that it was imperative that the plants/flowers were to be at the funeral home by/before 10 a.m. on Monday.
* Eddie put me on hold and claimed to be "checking with the local florist". He then assured me that "the local florist said they would open 'extra early' on Monday to get the order ready and it is guaranteed to be at the funeral home before 10 a.m."
* I reiterated that if there was ANY chance that the order wouldn't be delivered in time for the funeral at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, then I didn't want to place the order.
* Eddie GUARANTEED me that the order would arrive Monday by/before 10 a.m.
* I placed an order for two plants and one floral arrangement to be delivered to the funeral home Monday morning by/before 10 a.m.
The total cost came to $208.18
* Monday morning, I called the funeral home at 10 a.m. and asked if my flowers/plants had arrived. They had not.
* I went to my order confirmation e-mail and clicked on the 'check delivery status' button. A message came up that said my order was scheduled for delivery that day - and no other information was available at that time.
* I called the phone number listed on my e-mail and went through a ridiculously long menu in an attempt to talk with a human.
* Once I finally reached someone (Lydia), I was asked to hold while they tried to contact the florist (I thought I was supposed to be talking with the florist in the first place)! They couldn't reach the florist - and then the line went dead.
* By this time, the funeral had already begun. My phone rang and it was the same company, but this time I was speaking with Natalie. In my frustration, I said I wanted to cancel the flowers (which, obviously, were not present at the funeral)... but still wanted the plants to go to the deceased's mother and widow.
* I was flippantly told by Natalie that they were 'sorry' and would refund the cost of the flowers.
* The time was now a bit after 11 a.m. and I was extremely irritated. What put me over the edge, though, was when Natalie said that she had talked with her supervisor about my horrible experience and that her supervisor was willing to give me "the best compensation that they've ever extended to someone": a $20 in-store coupon.
* That was IT!!! I told her that she AND her supervisor must be drunk to think that I would EVER spend another penny with this company and, furthermore, that pitiful gesture was the final straw - so I canceled my ENTIRE order!
I am so incredibly disgusted by this company who, by the way, is NOT a local florist in the area that I wanted flowers delivered to. I consider this entire rotten experience to be a perfect example of fraud on the part of Ava's Flowers - and I suspect I'm not their first victim. They have yet to refund my money - and the worst of it is that there were NO flowers and plants from my family and me at my cousin's funeral.
Shame on them!
Buyer beware - this is NOT a good company and I can't UN-recommend them enough!