Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.8
#3 FTD chevron_right

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.0

Carla

April 8th, 2020 Cleveland, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst experience with a flower delivery company EVER! Do not order from AVAS Flowers. They Did NOT deliver the flowers to the funeral home..but took the money out of my acct. I have been given the runaround for two days, hung up on, calls disconnected, they are terrible, do not order from them. Would give 0 stars if that was an option.

W hunkele

April 7th, 2020 Aiken, SC

They are the worst, sent flowers 🌺 and 75 % of the flowers were damaged or broken. When I called they offered a 30 % store credit. I stop payment and let’s argue.

Svetlana Vigliaturo

April 3rd, 2020 Satellite Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Outrageous service!!!!!! Unexplained fees! advertise themselves as local, family owned business. Alas! A group of rude and heartless thieves! A flower arrangement was ordered on line with an express delivery for a memorial service. The order was placed more than 24 hours before the designated time. The customer service representative called 5 hours before the memorial service, explaining that they would not be able to deliver it on time to the funeral home , but could readdress it for additional fee. And this is taking into consideration that I had paid already for an express delivery to the funeral home, that is located 3 blocks away from the residents' home, and the service was not completed. They have some outrageous "service" fees that did not explain itemized what they include. The most terrible service I have ever faced with any company what so ever! After talking to a customer service and cancelling the order, as they did not even give any guarantee when and if the flowers would be delivered near soon to the residents' address I never received a confirmation of my refund, though I requested it many times. On the website they have reviews, that are never found on line with any search engine. This is a Freud company that does not deserve to exist in any data physical or virtual!

serious seriously

March 13th, 2020 Port Orange, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dealing with Avas Flowers has been a miserable experience. I got flowers for my aunt in Kentucky but they were delivered to my home in Florida. When I tried to login to their site, they said my email address was not in the system. Try calling them. You will be put on hold with a music recording that has cracking sounds and is horrible. I will never use Avas again.

Jeff Heck

February 19th, 2020 Mansfield, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely dissatisfied with this company. I placed an order for 4 diff sets for flowers for my adult daughters (out of town) late for Valentine’s Day I certainly understood it my order was late in the game (on 2/13) but this site was the one the “guaranteed” they would get deliveries made on Valentine’s Day. Indeed, the ONLY reason I ordered from them and paid their premium price (compared to others) was the ability to get them timely delivered. Not one of the them was delivered on time. In fact, one of them that their own site still says was to be delivered yesterday still has not been delivered. I don’t really care about the store credit they offered on only 1 order (They won’t be frying my business again) and the fact that 3 of the 4 were delivered late (today), I’m upset that they even suggested they could timely deliver when that obviously was totally false. The other sites I considered today me they couldn’t promise delivery and that’s the whole reason I bought these items. The reason the day was a big deal to me is that I wanted to provide my adult daughters with valentines flowers because their older sister had died in the last year and when they were all kids, I used to do valentines flowers every year for all of them. Shame on this company. They misrepresent and don’t live up to their word. Learn from my mistake in ordering from this company. Don’t do it.

Robert Brean

February 19th, 2020 Bellflower, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sent the wrong flowers. Half the flowers dying early on day 2. Not a flower arrangement just flowers shoved in a box with a vase to small to support them. Customer service unresponsive. I would give 0 stars if I could.

Darrell Wilder

February 19th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Placed order Feb 13 to be delivered the 14th then was told it would be delivered today still hasn't been delivered

Colin Riddle

February 19th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

WOW. NEVER AGAIN!! Let me share with you my experience with Ava's Flowers. Back on February 7, 2020 I was browsing online looking at the local florists in my BF's hometown, but I realized it was too late to have any flowers delivered on Valentine's day. (My mistake, should have ordered earlier than a week before.) So as I kept Googling, Ava's Flowers website came up, and upon clicking into it, it appeared as if Ava's Flowers was a floral shop in my BF's town, and even had a map to prove it! So I found a proper arrangement made of his favorite flowers, and I was able to choose the delivery date as Valentine's day! I was super happy and quite excited to send him a Vday surprise! Now here's when it all went downhill. Within 5 minutes of placing my order, I received an email from Ava's Flowers stating 'Due to high demand, the arraignment you purchased is out of stock & we will be upgrading you to 2 dozen roses in instead. If you would like to further discuss this resolution please give us a call..." Honestly, I didn't think anything of it because I saw the word upgrade and thought 'Okay, that's fine.' Then the following Monday (Feb. 10, 2020) I received an email saying that my order had shipped via UPS. I was really confused because I was under the impression that this was a local florist in my BF's hometown, but upon doing some research I found out the real warehouse was in New Jersey, over 1,300 miles away! Now at this point, I was really confused because of the way the website was displaying false information, but seeing that Vday was only 4 days away, and I live 8 hours away from him, there was nothing I could do. So I let the cards play out. Skip ahead to Thursday (Feb. 13, 2020), I receive an email notification from UPS stating that the flowers were out for delivery. "Delivery!?" I immediately felt slight panic because I placed my order and chose Vday specifically. Upon looking on their website, they had changed my shipping date to 2/13 instead of 2/14 but I didn't notice originally. "Well, that's not what I wanted, but I can't do anything." So I texted my BF and told him a surprise would be delivered today, so keep your eyes peeled! A couple of hours later, I received a photo from my BF of a bright red bouquet of roses in a vase that he had just got. I thought they looked great and he was super happy! End of story, right? WRONG! Later that night we were Facetiming and I had informed him on the back story of those flowers and he informed me that actually, what he didn't show me in the photo was that when he had opened the box of flowers, that half of the bouquet had actually wilted and fallen apart in the box, but he didn't wanna say anything and make me feel bad (which it didn't, because it wasn't my fault they were wilted and broken, but I digress.) Skip ahead to Saturday (Feb. 15, 2020)(2 days after receiving the flowers) and he sends me 3 photos of his bouquet and the roses had wilted, a lot had fallen apart, & they began putting off a putrid smell that was very displeasing. This is when I had enough. I emailed Ava's Flowers explaining what had happened and demanded a refund because of the expectation not being met from the product they were selling on their website compared to what my BF had received. I received a response on Sunday (Feb. 16, 2020) asking me to call to resolve the issue. So I did, and in short they stated that they would not issue a refund but would in turn re-ship some more flowers. I replied back demanding a refund because I do not want more flowers, I want my money back because you did not properly supply what I was initially sold, and if you can't help me, please direct my call to a supervisor who can help me. I was then placed on hold for 15 minutes followed by being hung up on by their automated hold system. I immediately called back and asked to speak to the supervisor. The rep on the phone stated that she can't issue a refund but can only re-ship, and if I speak to a supervisor they will say the same thing. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. The rep put me on hold for another 10 minutes and came back stating that she can issue a refund for half of the original order. I was livid at this point and demanded a full refund and to speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold AGAIN for another 10 minutes and came back saying that she will issue a refund for the full amount, and apologized for the mistake in the order. So with all that being said, I recommend that you, DO NOT order from this company. From the other reviews on here plus mine, I believe it is safe to say that this company is not legit, and will not able to supply any type of flowers except roses, and you will not be guaranteed that they are high quality. Save your money and use a local florist, even if you can't get the flowers delivered on your desired day.

Robert Lantz

February 19th, 2020 Coeur d'Alene, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I might as well add my 1 star review. Should have read reviews first. They did not deliver on the day I requested, changed my delivery date without notification, phone number is not working, customer service is unavailable.

Edwin Miller

February 6th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT shop there unless you want to open you wallet and get something else in return! The arrangement was SUB-PAR, -5 star rating. Missing flowers, didn't even remotely look like what was offered. IF you are lucky, you'll get a 10% refund, another JOKE! A friend of mine living in AZ who is recovering from cancer sent a picture, I was flabbergasted! Compare the picture off the website to what was sent

Dorothy

January 23rd, 2020 Conroe, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If there was a 0 I would give it. I called the Avas Flowers instead of ordering online so I could be assured I would receive what I wanted. My sister pasted away and I explained to Avas that I wanted a hydrangea plant so my sisters ashes could be placed under the plant. Nothing was received at the funeral. I ask my niece to go to the Avas Flowers and get the plant. They gave her an orchid. They said because of the season hydrangeas were not available when I know that hydrangeas are native to that area. They would not return my money because they said someone accepted the flower at the funeral.

Valentin V.

January 22nd, 2020 Saint-Laurent-du-Var, 06 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Flowers have been ordered and paid 1 week in advance. On the day of delivery I received a message - Flowers delivered! This was NOT A TRUE!! after 2 days of calls and messages, Avas Flowers confirmed their fault and promised to deliver the flowers with a nice excuse. Finally, flowers have been delivered to the neighbour 2 days later than the birthday. No excuse, no discount, nothing. Very SAD and UNPLEASANT customer experience. Do not recommend them!

Andy_Ro

January 15th, 2020 Wantagh, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could leave zero stars I would.. I ordered flowers for my wife for our 25th anniversary I ordered them on January 14th the website says same-day delivery, they were in the same town of Great Neck.. my wife didn’t receive the flowers on the 14th I called and they said it would be delivered the next morning which never happened. When I called to find out where the flowers were at 1:30 the next day, I was on hold for a total of 25 minutes and transferred three times to three different people, the flowers were never delivered. Overall a terrible experience don’t order from them!

Michael Burns

January 15th, 2020 Saugerties, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible product and service received .Bunch of thieves

Crystal

January 7th, 2020 Huntersville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I sent flowers for my grandfathers funeral as I live out of town. I kept checking with my family to see how they looked and apparently they weren't even delivered until everyone was leaving the funeral home and on the way to the graveside and which was actually a blessing because they were embarrassing. They were brought in a cheap plastic basket and super sparse. They were almost $200. All Ava's did was refund 30% for being late and being embarrassingly thin and sparse.

Colleen

December 30th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO

One star only because I can't give ZERO stars! I ordered the Holiday Flower Tree - a 16" fashioned Christmas tree with "assorted Christmas greens, cushion mums, carnations, berries, and ornaments." The tree was for my best friend. It was supposed to have been delivered on 20 Dec, but wasn't. After a call to Ava's Flowers customer service, I was guaranteed a delivery on the 23rd. What arrived was brown, wilted greenery(or supposed greenery) with ribbons and "red things" (according to my friend) - no flowers. I had ordered a card to go with it but no card came with the arrangement. I see on my statement that I was also charged $8.89 on 23 Dec. - an additional charge, for what???? All totaled it was $120.77 worth of garbage to my friend and it was late at that. Dissatisfaction is an understatement! I will NEVER use this company again. I will let all of my friends and family know to NEVER purchase anything from this company. This business is a scam and the product they send isn't worth the money you're paying and won't look like what is advertised on the website. BUYER BEWARE!

Tricia Tague

December 30th, 2019 Troy, NY

I ordered an arraignment to be delivered for Christmas Eve. Told them what I was looking for Red & white roses as well as what ever filler flowers they chose but I did specify with pinecones very Christmas oriented design. I said I stated several times price wasn’t an option I just wanted the largest and over the top they could do. They charges me $129.00 for the most embarrassing arraignment ever delivered. It had 3 red roses, 4 carnations, one lily and two daisies stems. Anyone who does flowers knows how pathetic that is. It was nothing like I requested or would ever expect a flower shop to deliver. The card also didn’t even have the correct information on it at delivery. Honestly appalled! Truly a place to avoid at all costs.

D.

December 30th, 2019 Putnam, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a zero star review, I had an awful experience with this company! Do yourself a favor and use another company to order flowers. Two weeks ahead of time I order flowers for my mother’s birthday and the delivery did not arrive on the scheduled day. I right away notified them and when I received a return call I was told they could delivery the item in another 4 days, plus they keep trying to have me change it from a birthday arrangement to a holiday arrangement even though it wouldn’t be delivered until after the coming holiday. I honestly believe they didn’t have the correct flowers so they never even made the original order.

Susan Cook

December 30th, 2019 Sarasota, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do NOT use Avas flowers!! They are highly UNDEPENDABLE!

Kim

December 20th, 2019 Somerset, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a Christmas arrangement which was to include candles in red and white flowers. What was received had absolutely no candles and only white flowers and was an extremely small arrangement. I paid over $60 for this. I was told it was the same size, therefore they would not fix this problem. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!

Stacey Spencer

December 16th, 2019 Lowell, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was looking for a local florist to deliver flowers for to my aunt, did a google search and was directed to Avas online. I ordered a $64.99 (deluxe) arrangement with free shipping, but was charged an $18 set up fee on top of the advertised "sale" price. When I received a picture of the arrangement from my aunt I was disappointed at how unlike the item she received was in comparison to what I had ordered . I immediately called Avas, sent a picture of what I ordered and the photo my aunt sent me. I was horribly embarrassed by what my aunt received. Avas Flowers wanted to give me a discount on a future purchase! There will never be another purchase from them. Do not purchase from them.

Brian

December 11th, 2019 Auburn, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I looked up "Same Day Flower Delivery" and decided to use Avas to send flowers to my mother on her birthday. I called at 1pm and spent over $100 on a bouquet. They never arrived on her birthday. I called them and they thought it was appropriate to deliver them the next day. I was sitting there looking at their web page and it said "Same Day Delivery in Rutland MA". The guy told me I called to close to the "Cutoff Time" for same day delivery. It was an hour before. The careless gentleman said he could give me a $10 store credit to mess up my next special occasion. I hung up.

CommandTx

December 10th, 2019 Round Rock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Be sure to read ALL of the SMALL print for AvasFlowers. They tell you they can deliver by 4 pm to a business, but then try to deliver after the office is closed. (Per their small print, they do not guarantee any times.) The bday person was already gone and did not see their flowers until 8 am the next day after the flowers already started to show wear. On the day they were supposed to be deliver, I found out the flowers were not delivered as requested. I attempted to use the website, but showed there was not status available. Waited 15 plus to finally get connected to online support. They said they could not get a status or get w/ Florist to see where the flowers were. Spoke w/ Manager. He said they had to get with the Florist, but could refund the money in the next 24 - 48 hours. He just had to speak with the Florist. Called in the next day to see what they wanted us to do with the flowers that showed up at 5:45 pm after the office had closed. They said that due to the process they could not guarantee any times. As long as the flowers are delivered on the same day (No matter what time), it is considered delivered. I explained to them that I had called in BEFORE the flowers were delivered. They said they had not processed the cancellation once it was delivered, they could not refund the money. I asked them if $60 was worth having an upset customer? They said that there was nothing they could do. I will NEVER use this company for anything. I will let all of my friends and family know to NEVER purchase anything from this company. Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!! _____________________ Update: After blanketing the Internet. Including Facebook, Twitter, All videos from AvasFlowers, and every Review site I could find. I got a response on Saturday from my BBB of NJ complaint. They had refunded $10 of the $61.00 and asked if that would be okay. I explained that it was not okay and that I wanted the full refund they told me I could have the first day. I again spent part of Monday updating and putting out more reviews. Late Monday afternoon I got another email from BBB NJ that said they had refunded it all. I checked my bank account this morning and can confirm they have refunded it all. I do not believe pulling my review is a good idea after what I went thru the day of my GF Birthday and the stress of the last 6 days, but I am a fair and honest person so I felt it was necessary that I let the public know that this has finally came to a resolution. AvasFlowers has fully refunded the original cost of the flowers. Nothing more.

M.S.

December 5th, 2019 Vacaville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whatever you do, do not order flowers from their website. This business is a scam and the product that you receive isn't worth the money you're paying. The flowers were almost dead and were all droopy and they didn’t look like what was advertised on the website. Filed a complaint about the awful arrangement that was delivered to my grandmother, and they refused to help me. Save yourself the time and spend your money elsewhere!

HTargovnik

December 3rd, 2019 Marlboro, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a flower arrangement from them based upon the picture in their web portal. What was pictured was full of colorful flowers, what was delivered was literally half the size and mostly greens, not flowers. Clearly bait and switch. I contacted them about this and they said if I read their policy it allows them to substitute and make changes as they see fit. Basically, doesn’t matter what you order, they decide what you get. Do not use this company, unless of course you want to get taken!

Stephanie

November 25th, 2019 Sachse, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the one and only time I will ever order from this Ava’s Flowers. Anthony, in customer service was delightful and assisted me in placing a birthday order of the “My Sun, Stars and Moon” bouquet for my best friend’s 40th birthday. This was to be a surprise from her fiancé in New Zealand. The specific request was for a luxury size bouquet with YELLOW roses, which have special significance to this couple. What arrived was the wrong bouquet, NO roses at all and they delivered the wrong bouquet twice and with two differently worded cards. Immediately, I attempted to contact customer service. I opened tickets, and sent pictures of everything but heard nothing for 24 hours. I called the company and was hung up on two separate times. Johan was my third attempt to rectify this mess. All I wanted was for 1 dozen yellow roses to be delivered to my friend, from her fiancé, on her birthday, today. I was told no. The earliest was Tuesday and Ava’s flowers would give me a $20 credit towards the purchase of the roses, I nearly lost my mind with Johan. I asked to be connected to the floor supervisor. Johan did not even know his name. Eventually, after a 13 minute hold, Carlos came on the line. He recanted Johan’s offer to send the roses and told me Ava’s could only offer the $20 store credit, period. Carlos got an absolute earful and I told him I would continue calling Ava’s until he fixed their mess. After another 17 minutes, he finally said they would send two dozen red roses. I said no. It had to be yellow roses because that is what her fiancé requested and paid $80.00 for in the first place. I asked him again what he would be doing to fix this. He then proceeded to tell me, “There are no yellow roses.” “I’m sorry, Carlos, but did you just say there are no yellow roses?” “Yes.” “Carlos, do you mean to tell me, with a straight face, that in this country, there are no yellow roses anywhere?” “Yes.” “Carlos, is there perhaps, a local florist in the recipients city who might be called regarding the apparent national shortage of yellow roses?” “No.” (Laughing out loud at the absurdity of his answers) I asked him, “Carlos, exactly what colors are available to send which are as close to the color yellow as nature allows? And why can’t you call a local florist with whom your company is contracted and make this happen today?” He told me he could only offer a mixed rise bouquet of orange, ivory, and red roses in a vase next Tuesday and nothing more. There was nothing more he was willing to do. I made him guarantee he would follow this up with an email and the flowers would indeed be delivered on Tuesday. Do not order from this company.

Francia Boscan

November 13th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel cheated by AVAS FLOWERS and I expose my experience to warn those who plan to use their services know what they risk. I paid an arrangement to be delivered to the doors of my apartment, there was even an additional charge of $ 18 for the "handling of flowers", it was a surprise that I wanted to receive the day and time indicated. The hours passed and the bouquet did not arrive, I followed up on the internet and the arrangement appeared delivered, I called the call center and they called the driver who never answered the call so I did not know where the flowers were. The next day I call the call center again to ask for my refund because I never received the flowers and they said they would NOT give me my money back because the flowers had been delivered to a girl in the leasing office !!! I paid to have them delivered to my hands to avoid this situation because the office staff is NOT required to make deliveries at the door of my apartment. The staff of AVAS FLOWER never tried to make the delivery personally, they never called me to access the apartment even when they had my phone, the driver also did not answer the call when the call center contacted them, at least I would have known that the flowers They had left in the office and would have gone for them. Today, four days after the supposed delivery, I finally have the withered and ugly arrangement !!! The girl who received the flowers tells me that an elderly person went directly to the leasing office and delivered the flowers there saying they would be picked up by their owner !!! I feel stolen, scammed, and I hope that whoever reads this thinks twice before throwing money in the trash with AVAS FLOWERS, a company with false delivery policies and customer satisfaction.

Yorkie Gal

November 12th, 2019 Vallejo, CA

On 11/08/19, I ordered flowers via the website. I requested delivery to the funeral home on 11/10/19. I received a confirmation stating the delivery would take place 11/10/19 or 11/11/19, I could work with that , considering the short notice. On 11/10/19 I checked the website to see if the flowers had be delivered, nothing indicated delivery. I called the 800 number and was unable confirm delivery. I was transferred and was prompted by this automated voice to provide my number and someone would call me back. I received a call back and the line disconnected. I called 11/11/19 and spoke with a customer service rep. It appeared to be an off-shore location. He explained the delivery did not take place because they could not find the flowers needed to complete the arrangement. I never heard of such. I asked why wasn't I notified, he could not explain. I told him the arrangement was for a loved one whose burial was at 10: 00 am est 11/11/19 and it was too late to send flowers. He asked me if I had an address of a family member where they could send to today or tomorrow. Why I would I send a funeral arrangement to the family after the service?..are u kidding me. I got a refund. This is the worst I have ever seen. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE COMPANY, THEY WILL DISAPPOINT YOU!!!

Keeley

November 8th, 2019 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The flowers that I ordered and paid for were not what was delivered. The customer service was great up until that point. Paid $75 for a delivery that was worth about $20.

Steve

November 6th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The anniversary of my uncle's passing was coming up and I wanted to order flowers for my aunt to be delivered on the anniversary "day" of his passing as I knew my aunt would be sad & I just wanted to brighten up her day just a little. So this was very important to me and had ordered the flowers a week prior. The day the flowers were to be delivered, Avas Flowers had called me to say that the flowers couldn't be delivered until the next day. I told them this was unacceptable and explained the importance of the flowers being delivered on THIS particular date. The gentleman "laughed" and I was irate!! Let me remind you that their website also says "same day delivery." So I said "why not put me in as a same day delivery?" He said they couldn't, and, without an explanation, told me to "take it or leave it." I also made a written complaint with the actual company and they NEVER responded. I will NEVER order from Avas Flowers again!!

JanK

November 4th, 2019

I try to support local florists whenever I can but sometimes smaller towns don't have local florists. I found Ava's Flowers online, spoke to a man who was obviously in a call center/noisy environment and that should have tipped me off. I ended up on a 17 min call. We discussed the price range I wanted, the type of arrangement & message, and address etc. Then the total was $30 higher than what we discussed. He said there was no delivery fee that it was all taxes. I said NO. He offered me his employee discount of another $4. I said NO and told him, it was a rip off. Now I look at reviews for them, I'm not alone. I'm glad I hung up because I'm convinced the flowers would certainly NOT have arrived today if at all! DO NOT USE THEM! Don't believe the home page banner of satisfied customers.

Christy Rich

October 30th, 2019 Bloomington, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered flowers from https://www.avasflowers.net/ on Friday, October 25, 2019 for a delivery date of October 26, 2019 for a visitation/funeral. The visitation was October 27, 2019 and I noticed there were no flowers. At the funeral on October 28, 2019 there were still no flowers. When I returned to work on Tuesday the 29th (today), I see that there is tracking from UPS saying that the delivery will be there by 4:30 p.m. today. After the event is of no use. I called to see if the order could instead be re-routed to a home address. They said they couldn't since the item was already on the truck but they would offer me 20% off of my next purchase. I said "no, i'd like to get a refund" he told me that he could not do that since the flowers were already in route for delivery. I told him that the funeral home was closed and would not be able to accept the order so i demand a refund. He then offered me a $20 refund on a $110.00 order. I did not accept then he offered me half of a refund. I told him I expected a full refund. He put me on hold for a while to speak with a supervisor. Once he came back on the phone I was offered no refund and !0% of my next order. I hung up on him and received a call back about 45 minutes later stating that they could offer me a full refund but not the $15.50 service charge. I asked why I am being charged a service charge when I'm clearly not receiving any service. I have all confirmations of when the order was placed and set to be delivered and have the tracking showing today delivery. Soooo, now I will be disputing all charges once my credit card statement arrives.

Rachel Barfield

October 25th, 2019 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered flowers at noon. For my daughter's birthday. I was assured they would be delivered on time. I was asked for my phone number and email address so that they could reach me in there was any problem. They charged my account and never delivered the flowers, nor did they contact me regarding any problem with the order. I didn't find out they had not been delivered until I asked my daughter late last night. No one contacted me. After 30 minutes on the phone with customer service, they offered to send the flowers and provide me with store credit. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told I would be contacted on a short period of time. Five hours passed, had to go through the whole story and was told that my money had been refunded and the flowers would not be delivered and that I would receive no store credit. I had the call reviewed and the supervisor told me that I had refused the delivery and the store credit. This was a lie. Don't waste your time and money on this company.

Fred

October 25th, 2019 Atlantic, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do NOT do business with Avas Flowers! We ordered a funeral arrangement from them. It was a little bit different arrangement, unique to our family. We were promised to receive exactly what we ordered. When it arrived, it was nothing like we ordered. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with customer service (after the funeral) and they were no help. Said we did not respond within 24 hours so they wouldn't help us. We couldn't respond in that time period because of the actual funeral and travel.

Kelly

October 21st, 2019 Enumclaw, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered an Autumn Fall Deluxe Bouquet for my mother (approximately $75) - it said it would be similar to the advertised picture; yellow, red and orange flowers - fall colors. I contacted Avas on Friday (48 hours after delivery) as I happened to stop by my mother's and see the flowers. They were SO UGLY! They were alive and healthy, but white and pink. I contacted Ava's via email and phone - all the representatives I spoke with admitted that they had sent the wrong flowers (I spoke with 2 people on the phone and 1 via email). They said they were sorry the wrong flowers were sent, but that there was nothing they could do as they have a 24 hour quality refund policy. I explained to them it was not a quality issue, as the flowers were alive and thriving, but that it was the complete wrong order they sent. They admitted, over and over, the fault was there's. The only resolution that was offered was a 10% refund - for THEIR mistake! They sent the wrong item! I spent $75 (a lot for me) and they, admittedly, screwed up my order and will not make it right.

Rebecca Fraley

October 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

WOW... really wished I had researched this company before ordering. Looks like they have a "bait and switch" scam that's been going on for awhile and yet, they are still allowed to do business. They picture all these beautiful arrangements, you order, they can't get you WHAT you ordered or deliver it when they say. Instead, they send a lot of roses instead that resemble the $10 per dozen at stands on the roadside!! Then when you complain, they say they upgraded to roses (even if you did NOT want them). They do nothing to correct or make the situation better for the customer but they must still make a killing from those "uninformed" new customers because they don't seem to get much repeat business! Biggest scammers I've ever dealt with and they SHAMELESSLY don't care how much they screw up your special moments in life!

Beth C

October 15th, 2019 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very deceitful. I wanted to support local businesses in the area and specifically asked if they were located in that city and salesman gave so suave answer to make me think they were. I did not want to pay a service fee. When he asked what I wanted to say on the birthday card, I thought he was referring to the card that comes with all flowers for you to give a message. When he talked about how my flowers would have a lovely bow, I thought he was talking about ribbon that most florists attach to vase. No, he was upselling me and charging me and I had no idea these items were extra. You get charged a $19 service fee, basically bc they take your order, which any florist can do without the service fee. When I went to cancel, they said they would still charge the service fee. I originally asked for it to be delivered 2 days from ordering and salesman made it for the next day, which according to their policy, does not allow you to cancel. My entire dealings with this company unpleasant and they are very deceptive.

Kitty

October 15th, 2019 Greenville, SC

I am extremely upset and disappointed in the flowers I ordered. I requested white hydrangeas, and red roses arranged in a glass cube. The sales person even went to check that they had the hydrangeas which she said they did. I got red carnations and pink flowers in a tall vase and the card had the wrong name signed to it. It was nothing like what I had ordered and paid for. I will never order from there again.

Karen

October 15th, 2019 Cementon, PA

I ordered a floral dish garden for my son’s girlfriend & received something completely different. When I called to complain, they told me that what I got was beautiful ( not what I ordered), & the best they could do for me was credit me $10 . I paid $76 for the garden and was very disgusted !! I told them if they offered to send a new arrangement, I would have been happy, but was refused!! The customer service lady Marla was sent a picture of the arrangement by me & claimed that the only difference was that it was a white basket instead of brown. I told her that none of the plants were the same & I asked for purple flowers and there were red!!! She offered me $15 discount off my next order as if I would ever order from them again!!! I wish I would have read the reviews before I ordered!!! They’re not even worth 1 Star

Joshua Caldwell

October 15th, 2019 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am deployed and I was in need of a flower company to deliver flowers to my girlfriend for out 1 year aniversary (kind of a big deal). They couldn't call me (obviously due to my location) and told me that the flowers couldn't be delivered. After getting through their ridiculously long customer supprt system they were able to deliver them on a different day and only offered a $20 in-store credit. Complete garbage after I spent $105. I used them a few month ago to deliver to the same address and without my authorization changed my order to roses since they were out of flowers they advertized.

Kimberly

October 9th, 2019 Aberdeen, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered flowers for my moms birthday on 10/1 to be delivered by 10/2, her birthday is on 10/3. The order did not get delivered 10/2 because they didn’t have the arrangement. Rather than call, I received an email that went to my junk mail. I called them on 10/3 at 8 am and stated that it had to be delivered that day by noon, otherwise my mom was going to be gone. I was told that they could definitely do that but it’s an extra $7, fine I pay the money. It was not delivered on time and my mom did not get the flowers on her birthday. I spent over 90 minutes on the phone with customer service trying to reconcile the fact that I paid for a service that was not delivered in a timely fashion. Nothing. I ended up paying $80 for flowers that were not delivered on time but they think that’s okay because she got them the following day. This company gives no control to their customer service reps and blames everything on their contract delivery service, which will get you nowhere. Stay away. Horrible customer service.

Randy

October 8th, 2019 Lake Orion, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My aunt passed away, so I ordered sympathy flower arrangement from Avas for my Uncle and family on Thursday. When I got to services on Saturday there were no flowers. I was very disappointed. I looked online on Sunday and Avas showed my order but could not confirm delivery. I had to call them and find out that they did try to reach me by phone on Friday, but did not leave a message – at the time I was driving 8 hours to a funeral service. They said that because they could not complete the order on time that they just did nothing. No shipment the next day, no Apology just blew the whole order off like it was nothing to them. Avas said they could refund $40 of the $150 order and delivery would be on Tuesday of the next week. I cancelled the entire order due to the unprofessional behavior and what I think is extremely insensitive regarding a funeral of a family member.

jim

October 2nd, 2019 Hendersonville, TN

Call in for a same day delivery of a $42.99 Garden Basket. Wasn't delivered. I checked the delivery status on their website and it said delivery attempted but no one was home which was a lie. Day 2, I tried to cancel my order on their site and it couldn't find my order. Day 3, I called in to cancel and they said we can have it delivered today which I said no I'll stop payment. Within an hour the flowers were delivered and the account was charged. The arrangement was pathetic. Cheap little wicker basket a small plant and three red carnations. I was charged $78!!!

Toralonda KeIth

September 27th, 2019 Sanford, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unprofessional and flowers never deliver on the date. Can't cancel order as stated online.

Danny

September 23rd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simple message. When you put an order in they will take your money and not deliver anything. This is a true scam. Nothing legit about this company as well including no refunds or customer support. It is completely illegitimate. Stay away unless you want to donate your money.

GH

September 17th, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

AVAS FLOWERS RENIGGED ON SENDING NEW ARRANGEMENT!!!! They just wanted me not to write more reviews!!! CHECK BBB RATING OF F!!!! Same complaints! This place is sketchy!!!! I’ve spent hours of my time trying to work with your company to resolve this issue—Forgive me, but I’m about done now. I ordered an As Pictured arrangement of pastel colors—PASTEL Grace and Wonder arrangement, description of as pictured says three lilies, 3 roses, monte casino filler, and a raffia bow. I received DARK MAROON carnations and 3 roses that looked a little worse for the wear in a dark bunch of greenery. 78.00 most expensive WalMart carnation arrangement EVER! The rangement was dark and dreary when it was supposed to be bright and cheerful. IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A BOW! No lilies, no bright cheerful colors! I’ve sent you pictures. 2 of your people agreed that it looked NOTHING like it should and one of your people was absolutely HORRID!! Yesterday someone called me and said they’re going to send another arrangement… That never happened and when I called to see why they said oh no they’re not going to send an arrangement the guy that called me shouldn’t have called me! Give me a break! I’ve now made it my life‘s mission to make sure that everyone knows how DISHONEST this place is!!! People work hard and should not pay top dollar for gas station arrangements and pathetic customer service!

Frank Vaughn Malquist

September 16th, 2019 Meridian, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered flowers to send to my Sister in Law who had been injured in a car accident and was in a hospital in Wyoming. I placed the order on 9-12-19 and missed the cutoff time for same day delivery by 5 minutes. The order said it would be delivered either that day or the next day. The next day I had a phone call from an unfamiliar number which I did not answer, no message was left. I received a call on 9-14-19 where I was told they could not deliver until 9-17. I told them to go ahead and after hanging up I changed my mind and tried to call them. I was told to go to their website. I had been there before and it was of no value. I tried again and went to the cancel link and was told to call them because it couldn't perform the function. I called them again and finally got a customer (no) service representative who told me he couldn't authorize the refund because UPS had the order (why couldn't they deliver for 5 days?). He tried to talk to a supervisor who was occupied and said the supervisor would call me later that day or the next day about authorizing a refund. I located a local florist who delivered the flowers within 4 hours. I should have gone there the first day instead of waiting two days.

Sharon

September 9th, 2019 Marietta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible. Late delivery, incorrect information given about delivery, flowers not even similar to what was ordered. When I complained, they offered zero recompense. Check their fine print: apparently they can substitute whatever they want, even if not of comparable value, and can be late, even after confirming delivery date and time. Also, their website shows 5 star reviews, but when you look elsewhere online, they are mostly 1 star. Horrible.

Patsy J Garcia

September 9th, 2019 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My daughter was in the hospital and I didn't know what time she would be released. I asked whoever took my order at Ava's to call me prior to delivery to ensure she was home. I ordered the Everlasting Soothing Lavender and expected a call. No call. I called Ava's and they told me there had been a delay and the arrangement would be there by 7:00 pm. When I called customer service they said delivery was attempted at 5:10 pm. My daughter has a doorbell camera and there was no attempt at 5:10. About 8:00 pm my daughter answered the door for a visitor and found the arrangement next to the door...no call, no notification! Ava's just left it!! Her camera showed a 6:46 pm drop-off. The arrangement was not even close to the one I ordered. A day or two later my daughter said the roses were wilting. I contacted Ava's on-line to complain. Their response was a store credit for $15...worthless to me because I will never again use this florist.

Susan

September 6th, 2019 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely disappointed in the arrangement sent to my sister for her birthday. I did receive a call explaining that it would be a “designers choice,” using flowers that were available that might be different than what I ordered. However what was sent was no where near as nice as what was depicted in the photo online, and much smaller considering I purchased the $77 luxury size, the largest of 4 sizes offered. After calling customer service, I was given a meager 10% refund. I was also called and told that they would arrive a day late because the local store was jammed with a large order for a funeral. I wouldn’t have minded if the arrangement hadn’t been so pathetic.