Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.8
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.1

Heather Tuttle, CEBS, PHR

July 6th, 2020 Richmond, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered two dozen pink roses for next day delivery from their website for my mother's 70th birthday. I was called the next morning to tell me they didn't have pink roses and they couldn't deliver them that day, but could get some from their farm and deliver the next day. They delivered 2 dozen orange and yellow roses that were left on the front deck in the heat without even ringing the bell to let my mom know they arrived. When she opened them, they were wilted and then they died two days later. Mom didn't tell me till day 5 after delivery. I immediately contacted customer service to let them know since their website states in multiple places in large font they have a 7 day freshness guarantee. That apparently only applies if you call within 24 hours of delivery to say your flowers will probably not last 7 days. I only wanted replacement flowers delivered. They refused even at the supervisor level. Even when I kept referring to the freshness guarantee, both the rep and supervisor kept reciting the policy. Infuriating. DO NOT BUY from them.

Holly

June 28th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I ordered flowers for my mother's 80th birthday, which obviously was an important event. I ordered them 5 days before her birthday and was assured they would arrive on her birthday. No flowers arrived which was greatly disappointing. When I tried to get a refund they continued to give me the run around not to do it and it took me getting really angry, accusing them of not being a reputable business, and threatening to contact the Better Business Bureau. Once they claimed they canceled the order it took quite awhile to get a cancellation number. And on top of that I was told that it could take up to 10 business days to receive the credit on my VISA card.

Max

June 25th, 2020 South Windsor, CT

I paid for free delivery. The “order form” automatically entered a delivery note, “before 2pm.” I wanted after 2pm. Their delivery message could not be removed. In the space provided in the delivery request box, I entered my desired time. Worried about the order’s two delivery times, I called customer service. The individual assured me- that they could see MY instructions- and so would the local florist. The flowers were delivered at the wrong time- With the virus issues, certain procedures needed to be followed, and I gave detailed instructions regarding the delivery location. The flowers were to be delivered for an outdoor party at a business. With all the social distancing regulations at the time, I could not be confident anyone would be at the indoor reception desk. Worse- the flowers were for the person who works at this desk- and were to be presented at the party. Then a confirmation email was sent- verifying delivery was made at 5pm. Actually it was bright and early in the morning. Fortunately, “someone” was at the location of delivery, and the person signing just happened to be the intended recipient. Wrong delivery Time and Location. Misguided customer service. False verification. Notified the company with concerns- no response.

Kathy Dima

June 2nd, 2020 Glendora, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called to order flowers for my sisters birthday ( Monday , June1 ). I asked for Blue Bells and they said they would try to get them. The day before the flowers were suppose to be delivered , I got a call stating they could not get the flowers I had asked for. We agreed on a substitute and that was the last I heard until today ( the day after my sisters birthday). No flowers were delivered! But, of course the charge went through on my credit card!!! I tried calling twice. The first time, we were disconected, the second time , after being on hold for 15 mins, I hung up. Sooooo very disappointed !!!!

Pat

May 30th, 2020 Toano, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Did not send arrangement ordered and paid for. No balloon that was paid for. $17.99 teddy bear is a choking hazard that fits in a small cup holder, probably purchased from the dollar store. $24.99 medium box of chocolates was 2 small $5.00 bags of cheap individually wrapped chocolates. I’m embarrassed to say I spent over $140.00 for this, and more embarrassed someone special received it from me!

Malia Smith

May 18th, 2020 Windermere, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely horrible! I will never use them ever again. Their phone system is terrible. I called to try and change my delivery date and talked to someone who said they fixed it...they didn’t. Tried to call multiple times and their phone system just repeats the order then hangs up. Worst florist ever. I will NEVER use them again.

Brenda G

May 13th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very deceiving floral shop, I purchased my vase arrangement online May 4th early morning, for my Mother and when checking out it said we might deliver as early as 6th,7th, 8th or 9th and had an x on 10th but nothing indicated on avas calendar past the 10th. Then later on May 8th I get a email about flex delivery and noticed on the order they changed my order to a 12 stem rose bouquet which was cheaper than the medium size vase arrangement I had bought. So I called avas customer line, which by the way the guy was nice on phone and said sorry about this we will try and get your order out hopefully by Sunday May 10th, but worst case scenario on Monday the 11th and proceeded to give me credit back for that mistake and threw in a small box of chocolates as a sorry. So here we are today the 12th saying it might be at my mom's by the 14th.... which btw avas been changing the schedule delivery date since day 1 but still giving them the benefit of the doubt.... so here I am hoping and crossing my fingers that when my mother receives her "Mothers Day flowers "sometime this week, they are at least beautiful flowers and in hopes that they at least put fillers to this bouquet, but will see.

Brian Knapp

May 13th, 2020 York, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid for a Luxury grade arrangement. Received a small. Customer service no help and said I received what I paid for. I paid $100 with service fee for a small arrangement that sells elsewhere for $30. Don’t waste your money!

Kathy Robertson

May 11th, 2020 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I phoned in an order for Mother's Day and was verbally assured that it would be delivered on time. When the flowers didn't arrive, I checked the status and was only then informed of their "flex policy." The flowers may not be delivered until Thursday--four days after Mother's Day. Another florist refused my order because they were completely booked for the holiday. Ava's is unethical and I will NEVER order from them again. In my opinion, it was an expensive scam. I have attempted to cancel the order, but their "customer service," keeps hanging up on me!

Brooke Mahoney-Livesay

April 29th, 2020 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brooke Mahoney-Livesay Completely a fraudulent company. I ordered a bouquet for my mother's birthday and agreed to a "flex" delivery date. They were to be delivered either on 4/26 or 4/27. When they did not arrive on either day, I called and emailed for THREE straight days. I was hung up on twice by alleged customer service representatives. I even tried the call you back at a scheduled time. Guess what - no phone call. Then they blocked my number so it would decline my call and feed to "thank you, goodbye". I emailed only to receive ZERO written response. THEN it gets EVEN better. The deliver finally comes today. We ordered over $100 in lilies, hydrangea, and roses (all in pinks, whites, greens). Instead it shows up with 6 red roses and two sprigs of greenery. I am disgusted by the lack of accessibility to speak with a human, the lack of respect of a call or email back. They deserve to be shut down!

SHERYL WALKER

April 29th, 2020 Hudson, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish I had read the reviews for Avas Flowers before I ordered. I went with what I thought was a local florist for a quicker delivery, had I known it would take 5 days for a delivery I would have gone with any online florist. I ordered an arrangement for a friend who lost her dad to be delivered on 4/24/20. On 4/26/20 I received an email that it would deliver 4/27/20. After emailing them that this had to be delivered ASAP, they called to tell me they would deliver 4/28/20. They took the money out of my account on 4/25/20. Don't order from them if you need a timely delivery!

zandra

April 30th, 2020 Los Alamos, NM

Gift from grandkids for my 66 birthday. Flowers delivered 4 days after promised, arrived dead, dry, petals and entire heads falling off stems when removed from box. No money back as guaranteed. Horrible service. Do not use this company. No contact from customer service. Awful.

Caren Johnson

April 28th, 2020 Anchorage, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely AWFUL! Ordered roses for a very special occasion, to be delivered on the 18 of April. The flowers were dead and dying by Tuesday morning. I have emailed, called, been told I would receive a call back-that never came. I used the website to have replacement flowers delivered, and absolutely nothing has happened. I will NEVER use this business, and will tell everyone I come into contact with- not to business with them. I cannot imagine how they have stayed in business.

Sandy Scott

April 25th, 2020 Seminole, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There has to be much better choices for flower delivery. There was no mention of a $17.95 service charge. Interestingly, I could have ordered from the local florist who wound up being the people who delivered the flowers without a service charge. In addition, delivery was clearly requested on the 26th of the month (a birthday) and the invoice clearly shows that date. Unfortunately, they delivered it on the 25th (two hours after the order was placed). I called customer service and they said there was no deliveries on that date even though it was a delivery choice when I made the order and again, the invoice clearly indicated that date. One of the reasons I chose these people over my local florist was that the local florist clearly had the 26th crossed out as a delivery date in that they apparently don't deliver on Sundays. They agreed to refund $15 of the service fee and the customer service put me on hold numerous times while supposedly processing that refund. After an excrutiating 42 minutes with customer service she stated that she would be unable to process the refund and a "ticket" would be sent to a manager regarding the refund and I would be contacted when the refund was processed. I won't hold my breath. One should not need to go through that kind of hassle for a very simple order. In summary, processing fees not mentioned during the order, wrong delivery date and inept alleged customer service. Go elsewhere for your flower needs!

Jennifer Gleason

April 24th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst experience EVER. Wrong flowers, delivered on wrong day to wrong person . NO customer service . No one answers the phone or returns your calls or emails. The they overcharge you! SCAM! DON’T ORDER FROM THESE THIEVES.

KL

April 14th, 2020 Doylestown, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This doesn’t deserve 1 star! They are a SCAM company! DO NOT ORDER from them!! I ordered flowers for a friend of mine who’s grandmother had passed, and when I went to check out and there was an additional processing fee and others. The flowers were supposed to be delivered by 6pm that night. I received a text saying the flowers were were delivered, but when I spoke with my friend, she said they were not there. I proceeded to call the company and was put on hold too many times with no results, I was promised a call back and never received one. I called the next morning and was on the phone with them for OVER 5 hours back and forth on hold! NO ONE was able to help me. I asked for a refund and each and every customer service rep REFUSED to do it!! I asked for them to cancel my order and each customer service rep said they COULD NOT because the flowers were delivered, when I’m fact they weren’t! The company called my friend and she told them that the flowers were in fact NOT DELIVERED, and they STILL wouldn’t give me a refund! I have contacted my bank to STOP PAYMENT! After 5 Hours on the phone today and 3 yesterday I am COMPLETELY DISGUSTED and I am reaching out to Consumer Affairs and the BBB to file complaints. They should be ashamed for themselves taking adavantage of people during this horrific time. I will NEVER RECOMMEND this florist to anyone!!

Sharren Wood

April 14th, 2020 Topeka, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel I got scammed. The arrangement sent looked nothing like the picture on the website. I sent pictures to this company. They refunded my card $8.13. My purchase was over $80. Such a disappointment for such a special occasion.

Mary Betts

April 13th, 2020 Ada, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company deserves a 'no star' rating. They tacked on a 30% service fee. I sent a complaint to the BBB after spending 2 hours in their automated phone service and never reaching a live agent! I couldn't find out why the service fee or even cancel the order.

cindy

April 11th, 2020 Odenton, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do NOT use!!! The absolute worst service ever. Order placed on Tuesday for a Thursday delivery. Thursday I call and they say it will be delivered Friday. Spoke to 3 reps Friday that were to call me back and nothing. Friday evening still not delivered and I asked for a refund and they refused. Saturday evening and still no delivery. Had to fight with rep to get a refund. Wish I could rate negative -5

Carla

April 8th, 2020 Cleveland, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst experience with a flower delivery company EVER! Do not order from AVAS Flowers. They Did NOT deliver the flowers to the funeral home..but took the money out of my acct. I have been given the runaround for two days, hung up on, calls disconnected, they are terrible, do not order from them. Would give 0 stars if that was an option.

W hunkele

April 3rd, 2020 Aiken, SC

They are the worst, sent flowers 🌺 and 75 % of the flowers were damaged or broken. When I called they offered a 30 % store credit. I stop payment and let’s argue.

Svetlana Vigliaturo

April 2nd, 2020 Satellite Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Outrageous service!!!!!! Unexplained fees! advertise themselves as local, family owned business. Alas! A group of rude and heartless thieves! A flower arrangement was ordered on line with an express delivery for a memorial service. The order was placed more than 24 hours before the designated time. The customer service representative called 5 hours before the memorial service, explaining that they would not be able to deliver it on time to the funeral home , but could readdress it for additional fee. And this is taking into consideration that I had paid already for an express delivery to the funeral home, that is located 3 blocks away from the residents' home, and the service was not completed. They have some outrageous "service" fees that did not explain itemized what they include. The most terrible service I have ever faced with any company what so ever! After talking to a customer service and cancelling the order, as they did not even give any guarantee when and if the flowers would be delivered near soon to the residents' address I never received a confirmation of my refund, though I requested it many times. On the website they have reviews, that are never found on line with any search engine. This is a Freud company that does not deserve to exist in any data physical or virtual!

serious seriously

March 12th, 2020 Port Orange, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dealing with Avas Flowers has been a miserable experience. I got flowers for my aunt in Kentucky but they were delivered to my home in Florida. When I tried to login to their site, they said my email address was not in the system. Try calling them. You will be put on hold with a music recording that has cracking sounds and is horrible. I will never use Avas again.

Jeff Heck

February 16th, 2020 Mansfield, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely dissatisfied with this company. I placed an order for 4 diff sets for flowers for my adult daughters (out of town) late for Valentine’s Day I certainly understood it my order was late in the game (on 2/13) but this site was the one the “guaranteed” they would get deliveries made on Valentine’s Day. Indeed, the ONLY reason I ordered from them and paid their premium price (compared to others) was the ability to get them timely delivered. Not one of the them was delivered on time. In fact, one of them that their own site still says was to be delivered yesterday still has not been delivered. I don’t really care about the store credit they offered on only 1 order (They won’t be frying my business again) and the fact that 3 of the 4 were delivered late (today), I’m upset that they even suggested they could timely deliver when that obviously was totally false. The other sites I considered today me they couldn’t promise delivery and that’s the whole reason I bought these items. The reason the day was a big deal to me is that I wanted to provide my adult daughters with valentines flowers because their older sister had died in the last year and when they were all kids, I used to do valentines flowers every year for all of them. Shame on this company. They misrepresent and don’t live up to their word. Learn from my mistake in ordering from this company. Don’t do it.

Robert Brean

February 16th, 2020 Bellflower, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sent the wrong flowers. Half the flowers dying early on day 2. Not a flower arrangement just flowers shoved in a box with a vase to small to support them. Customer service unresponsive. I would give 0 stars if I could.

Darrell Wilder

February 17th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Placed order Feb 13 to be delivered the 14th then was told it would be delivered today still hasn't been delivered

Colin Riddle

February 17th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

WOW. NEVER AGAIN!! Let me share with you my experience with Ava's Flowers. Back on February 7, 2020 I was browsing online looking at the local florists in my BF's hometown, but I realized it was too late to have any flowers delivered on Valentine's day. (My mistake, should have ordered earlier than a week before.) So as I kept Googling, Ava's Flowers website came up, and upon clicking into it, it appeared as if Ava's Flowers was a floral shop in my BF's town, and even had a map to prove it! So I found a proper arrangement made of his favorite flowers, and I was able to choose the delivery date as Valentine's day! I was super happy and quite excited to send him a Vday surprise! Now here's when it all went downhill. Within 5 minutes of placing my order, I received an email from Ava's Flowers stating 'Due to high demand, the arraignment you purchased is out of stock & we will be upgrading you to 2 dozen roses in instead. If you would like to further discuss this resolution please give us a call..." Honestly, I didn't think anything of it because I saw the word upgrade and thought 'Okay, that's fine.' Then the following Monday (Feb. 10, 2020) I received an email saying that my order had shipped via UPS. I was really confused because I was under the impression that this was a local florist in my BF's hometown, but upon doing some research I found out the real warehouse was in New Jersey, over 1,300 miles away! Now at this point, I was really confused because of the way the website was displaying false information, but seeing that Vday was only 4 days away, and I live 8 hours away from him, there was nothing I could do. So I let the cards play out. Skip ahead to Thursday (Feb. 13, 2020), I receive an email notification from UPS stating that the flowers were out for delivery. "Delivery!?" I immediately felt slight panic because I placed my order and chose Vday specifically. Upon looking on their website, they had changed my shipping date to 2/13 instead of 2/14 but I didn't notice originally. "Well, that's not what I wanted, but I can't do anything." So I texted my BF and told him a surprise would be delivered today, so keep your eyes peeled! A couple of hours later, I received a photo from my BF of a bright red bouquet of roses in a vase that he had just got. I thought they looked great and he was super happy! End of story, right? WRONG! Later that night we were Facetiming and I had informed him on the back story of those flowers and he informed me that actually, what he didn't show me in the photo was that when he had opened the box of flowers, that half of the bouquet had actually wilted and fallen apart in the box, but he didn't wanna say anything and make me feel bad (which it didn't, because it wasn't my fault they were wilted and broken, but I digress.) Skip ahead to Saturday (Feb. 15, 2020)(2 days after receiving the flowers) and he sends me 3 photos of his bouquet and the roses had wilted, a lot had fallen apart, & they began putting off a putrid smell that was very displeasing. This is when I had enough. I emailed Ava's Flowers explaining what had happened and demanded a refund because of the expectation not being met from the product they were selling on their website compared to what my BF had received. I received a response on Sunday (Feb. 16, 2020) asking me to call to resolve the issue. So I did, and in short they stated that they would not issue a refund but would in turn re-ship some more flowers. I replied back demanding a refund because I do not want more flowers, I want my money back because you did not properly supply what I was initially sold, and if you can't help me, please direct my call to a supervisor who can help me. I was then placed on hold for 15 minutes followed by being hung up on by their automated hold system. I immediately called back and asked to speak to the supervisor. The rep on the phone stated that she can't issue a refund but can only re-ship, and if I speak to a supervisor they will say the same thing. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. The rep put me on hold for another 10 minutes and came back stating that she can issue a refund for half of the original order. I was livid at this point and demanded a full refund and to speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold AGAIN for another 10 minutes and came back saying that she will issue a refund for the full amount, and apologized for the mistake in the order. So with all that being said, I recommend that you, DO NOT order from this company. From the other reviews on here plus mine, I believe it is safe to say that this company is not legit, and will not able to supply any type of flowers except roses, and you will not be guaranteed that they are high quality. Save your money and use a local florist, even if you can't get the flowers delivered on your desired day.

Robert Lantz

February 14th, 2020 Coeur d'Alene, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I might as well add my 1 star review. Should have read reviews first. They did not deliver on the day I requested, changed my delivery date without notification, phone number is not working, customer service is unavailable.

Edwin Miller

February 5th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT shop there unless you want to open you wallet and get something else in return! The arrangement was SUB-PAR, -5 star rating. Missing flowers, didn't even remotely look like what was offered. IF you are lucky, you'll get a 10% refund, another JOKE! A friend of mine living in AZ who is recovering from cancer sent a picture, I was flabbergasted! Compare the picture off the website to what was sent

Dorothy

January 22nd, 2020 Conroe, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If there was a 0 I would give it. I called the Avas Flowers instead of ordering online so I could be assured I would receive what I wanted. My sister pasted away and I explained to Avas that I wanted a hydrangea plant so my sisters ashes could be placed under the plant. Nothing was received at the funeral. I ask my niece to go to the Avas Flowers and get the plant. They gave her an orchid. They said because of the season hydrangeas were not available when I know that hydrangeas are native to that area. They would not return my money because they said someone accepted the flower at the funeral.

Valentin V.

January 21st, 2020 Saint-Laurent-du-Var, 06 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Flowers have been ordered and paid 1 week in advance. On the day of delivery I received a message - Flowers delivered! This was NOT A TRUE!! after 2 days of calls and messages, Avas Flowers confirmed their fault and promised to deliver the flowers with a nice excuse. Finally, flowers have been delivered to the neighbour 2 days later than the birthday. No excuse, no discount, nothing. Very SAD and UNPLEASANT customer experience. Do not recommend them!

Andy_Ro

January 15th, 2020 Wantagh, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could leave zero stars I would.. I ordered flowers for my wife for our 25th anniversary I ordered them on January 14th the website says same-day delivery, they were in the same town of Great Neck.. my wife didn’t receive the flowers on the 14th I called and they said it would be delivered the next morning which never happened. When I called to find out where the flowers were at 1:30 the next day, I was on hold for a total of 25 minutes and transferred three times to three different people, the flowers were never delivered. Overall a terrible experience don’t order from them!

Michael Burns

January 15th, 2020 Saugerties, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible product and service received .Bunch of thieves

Crystal

January 6th, 2020 Huntersville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I sent flowers for my grandfathers funeral as I live out of town. I kept checking with my family to see how they looked and apparently they weren't even delivered until everyone was leaving the funeral home and on the way to the graveside and which was actually a blessing because they were embarrassing. They were brought in a cheap plastic basket and super sparse. They were almost $200. All Ava's did was refund 30% for being late and being embarrassingly thin and sparse.

Colleen

December 29th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO

One star only because I can't give ZERO stars! I ordered the Holiday Flower Tree - a 16" fashioned Christmas tree with "assorted Christmas greens, cushion mums, carnations, berries, and ornaments." The tree was for my best friend. It was supposed to have been delivered on 20 Dec, but wasn't. After a call to Ava's Flowers customer service, I was guaranteed a delivery on the 23rd. What arrived was brown, wilted greenery(or supposed greenery) with ribbons and "red things" (according to my friend) - no flowers. I had ordered a card to go with it but no card came with the arrangement. I see on my statement that I was also charged $8.89 on 23 Dec. - an additional charge, for what???? All totaled it was $120.77 worth of garbage to my friend and it was late at that. Dissatisfaction is an understatement! I will NEVER use this company again. I will let all of my friends and family know to NEVER purchase anything from this company. This business is a scam and the product they send isn't worth the money you're paying and won't look like what is advertised on the website. BUYER BEWARE!

Tricia Tague

December 27th, 2019 Troy, NY

I ordered an arraignment to be delivered for Christmas Eve. Told them what I was looking for Red & white roses as well as what ever filler flowers they chose but I did specify with pinecones very Christmas oriented design. I said I stated several times price wasn’t an option I just wanted the largest and over the top they could do. They charges me $129.00 for the most embarrassing arraignment ever delivered. It had 3 red roses, 4 carnations, one lily and two daisies stems. Anyone who does flowers knows how pathetic that is. It was nothing like I requested or would ever expect a flower shop to deliver. The card also didn’t even have the correct information on it at delivery. Honestly appalled! Truly a place to avoid at all costs.

D.

December 25th, 2019 Putnam, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a zero star review, I had an awful experience with this company! Do yourself a favor and use another company to order flowers. Two weeks ahead of time I order flowers for my mother’s birthday and the delivery did not arrive on the scheduled day. I right away notified them and when I received a return call I was told they could delivery the item in another 4 days, plus they keep trying to have me change it from a birthday arrangement to a holiday arrangement even though it wouldn’t be delivered until after the coming holiday. I honestly believe they didn’t have the correct flowers so they never even made the original order.

Susan Cook

December 24th, 2019 Sarasota, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do NOT use Avas flowers!! They are highly UNDEPENDABLE!

Kim

December 19th, 2019 Somerset, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a Christmas arrangement which was to include candles in red and white flowers. What was received had absolutely no candles and only white flowers and was an extremely small arrangement. I paid over $60 for this. I was told it was the same size, therefore they would not fix this problem. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!

Stacey Spencer

December 14th, 2019 Lowell, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was looking for a local florist to deliver flowers for to my aunt, did a google search and was directed to Avas online. I ordered a $64.99 (deluxe) arrangement with free shipping, but was charged an $18 set up fee on top of the advertised "sale" price. When I received a picture of the arrangement from my aunt I was disappointed at how unlike the item she received was in comparison to what I had ordered . I immediately called Avas, sent a picture of what I ordered and the photo my aunt sent me. I was horribly embarrassed by what my aunt received. Avas Flowers wanted to give me a discount on a future purchase! There will never be another purchase from them. Do not purchase from them.

Brian

December 10th, 2019 Auburn, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I looked up "Same Day Flower Delivery" and decided to use Avas to send flowers to my mother on her birthday. I called at 1pm and spent over $100 on a bouquet. They never arrived on her birthday. I called them and they thought it was appropriate to deliver them the next day. I was sitting there looking at their web page and it said "Same Day Delivery in Rutland MA". The guy told me I called to close to the "Cutoff Time" for same day delivery. It was an hour before. The careless gentleman said he could give me a $10 store credit to mess up my next special occasion. I hung up.

CommandTx

December 10th, 2019 Round Rock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Be sure to read ALL of the SMALL print for AvasFlowers. They tell you they can deliver by 4 pm to a business, but then try to deliver after the office is closed. (Per their small print, they do not guarantee any times.) The bday person was already gone and did not see their flowers until 8 am the next day after the flowers already started to show wear. On the day they were supposed to be deliver, I found out the flowers were not delivered as requested. I attempted to use the website, but showed there was not status available. Waited 15 plus to finally get connected to online support. They said they could not get a status or get w/ Florist to see where the flowers were. Spoke w/ Manager. He said they had to get with the Florist, but could refund the money in the next 24 - 48 hours. He just had to speak with the Florist. Called in the next day to see what they wanted us to do with the flowers that showed up at 5:45 pm after the office had closed. They said that due to the process they could not guarantee any times. As long as the flowers are delivered on the same day (No matter what time), it is considered delivered. I explained to them that I had called in BEFORE the flowers were delivered. They said they had not processed the cancellation once it was delivered, they could not refund the money. I asked them if $60 was worth having an upset customer? They said that there was nothing they could do. I will NEVER use this company for anything. I will let all of my friends and family know to NEVER purchase anything from this company. Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!! _____________________ Update: After blanketing the Internet. Including Facebook, Twitter, All videos from AvasFlowers, and every Review site I could find. I got a response on Saturday from my BBB of NJ complaint. They had refunded $10 of the $61.00 and asked if that would be okay. I explained that it was not okay and that I wanted the full refund they told me I could have the first day. I again spent part of Monday updating and putting out more reviews. Late Monday afternoon I got another email from BBB NJ that said they had refunded it all. I checked my bank account this morning and can confirm they have refunded it all. I do not believe pulling my review is a good idea after what I went thru the day of my GF Birthday and the stress of the last 6 days, but I am a fair and honest person so I felt it was necessary that I let the public know that this has finally came to a resolution. AvasFlowers has fully refunded the original cost of the flowers. Nothing more.

M.S.

December 5th, 2019 Vacaville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whatever you do, do not order flowers from their website. This business is a scam and the product that you receive isn't worth the money you're paying. The flowers were almost dead and were all droopy and they didn’t look like what was advertised on the website. Filed a complaint about the awful arrangement that was delivered to my grandmother, and they refused to help me. Save yourself the time and spend your money elsewhere!

HTargovnik

November 29th, 2019 Marlboro, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a flower arrangement from them based upon the picture in their web portal. What was pictured was full of colorful flowers, what was delivered was literally half the size and mostly greens, not flowers. Clearly bait and switch. I contacted them about this and they said if I read their policy it allows them to substitute and make changes as they see fit. Basically, doesn’t matter what you order, they decide what you get. Do not use this company, unless of course you want to get taken!

Stephanie

November 23rd, 2019 Sachse, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the one and only time I will ever order from this Ava’s Flowers. Anthony, in customer service was delightful and assisted me in placing a birthday order of the “My Sun, Stars and Moon” bouquet for my best friend’s 40th birthday. This was to be a surprise from her fiancé in New Zealand. The specific request was for a luxury size bouquet with YELLOW roses, which have special significance to this couple. What arrived was the wrong bouquet, NO roses at all and they delivered the wrong bouquet twice and with two differently worded cards. Immediately, I attempted to contact customer service. I opened tickets, and sent pictures of everything but heard nothing for 24 hours. I called the company and was hung up on two separate times. Johan was my third attempt to rectify this mess. All I wanted was for 1 dozen yellow roses to be delivered to my friend, from her fiancé, on her birthday, today. I was told no. The earliest was Tuesday and Ava’s flowers would give me a $20 credit towards the purchase of the roses, I nearly lost my mind with Johan. I asked to be connected to the floor supervisor. Johan did not even know his name. Eventually, after a 13 minute hold, Carlos came on the line. He recanted Johan’s offer to send the roses and told me Ava’s could only offer the $20 store credit, period. Carlos got an absolute earful and I told him I would continue calling Ava’s until he fixed their mess. After another 17 minutes, he finally said they would send two dozen red roses. I said no. It had to be yellow roses because that is what her fiancé requested and paid $80.00 for in the first place. I asked him again what he would be doing to fix this. He then proceeded to tell me, “There are no yellow roses.” “I’m sorry, Carlos, but did you just say there are no yellow roses?” “Yes.” “Carlos, do you mean to tell me, with a straight face, that in this country, there are no yellow roses anywhere?” “Yes.” “Carlos, is there perhaps, a local florist in the recipients city who might be called regarding the apparent national shortage of yellow roses?” “No.” (Laughing out loud at the absurdity of his answers) I asked him, “Carlos, exactly what colors are available to send which are as close to the color yellow as nature allows? And why can’t you call a local florist with whom your company is contracted and make this happen today?” He told me he could only offer a mixed rise bouquet of orange, ivory, and red roses in a vase next Tuesday and nothing more. There was nothing more he was willing to do. I made him guarantee he would follow this up with an email and the flowers would indeed be delivered on Tuesday. Do not order from this company.

Francia Boscan

November 12th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel cheated by AVAS FLOWERS and I expose my experience to warn those who plan to use their services know what they risk. I paid an arrangement to be delivered to the doors of my apartment, there was even an additional charge of $ 18 for the "handling of flowers", it was a surprise that I wanted to receive the day and time indicated. The hours passed and the bouquet did not arrive, I followed up on the internet and the arrangement appeared delivered, I called the call center and they called the driver who never answered the call so I did not know where the flowers were. The next day I call the call center again to ask for my refund because I never received the flowers and they said they would NOT give me my money back because the flowers had been delivered to a girl in the leasing office !!! I paid to have them delivered to my hands to avoid this situation because the office staff is NOT required to make deliveries at the door of my apartment. The staff of AVAS FLOWER never tried to make the delivery personally, they never called me to access the apartment even when they had my phone, the driver also did not answer the call when the call center contacted them, at least I would have known that the flowers They had left in the office and would have gone for them. Today, four days after the supposed delivery, I finally have the withered and ugly arrangement !!! The girl who received the flowers tells me that an elderly person went directly to the leasing office and delivered the flowers there saying they would be picked up by their owner !!! I feel stolen, scammed, and I hope that whoever reads this thinks twice before throwing money in the trash with AVAS FLOWERS, a company with false delivery policies and customer satisfaction.

Yorkie Gal

November 11th, 2019 Vallejo, CA

On 11/08/19, I ordered flowers via the website. I requested delivery to the funeral home on 11/10/19. I received a confirmation stating the delivery would take place 11/10/19 or 11/11/19, I could work with that , considering the short notice. On 11/10/19 I checked the website to see if the flowers had be delivered, nothing indicated delivery. I called the 800 number and was unable confirm delivery. I was transferred and was prompted by this automated voice to provide my number and someone would call me back. I received a call back and the line disconnected. I called 11/11/19 and spoke with a customer service rep. It appeared to be an off-shore location. He explained the delivery did not take place because they could not find the flowers needed to complete the arrangement. I never heard of such. I asked why wasn't I notified, he could not explain. I told him the arrangement was for a loved one whose burial was at 10: 00 am est 11/11/19 and it was too late to send flowers. He asked me if I had an address of a family member where they could send to today or tomorrow. Why I would I send a funeral arrangement to the family after the service?..are u kidding me. I got a refund. This is the worst I have ever seen. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE COMPANY, THEY WILL DISAPPOINT YOU!!!

Keeley

November 7th, 2019 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The flowers that I ordered and paid for were not what was delivered. The customer service was great up until that point. Paid $75 for a delivery that was worth about $20.

Steve

November 5th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The anniversary of my uncle's passing was coming up and I wanted to order flowers for my aunt to be delivered on the anniversary "day" of his passing as I knew my aunt would be sad & I just wanted to brighten up her day just a little. So this was very important to me and had ordered the flowers a week prior. The day the flowers were to be delivered, Avas Flowers had called me to say that the flowers couldn't be delivered until the next day. I told them this was unacceptable and explained the importance of the flowers being delivered on THIS particular date. The gentleman "laughed" and I was irate!! Let me remind you that their website also says "same day delivery." So I said "why not put me in as a same day delivery?" He said they couldn't, and, without an explanation, told me to "take it or leave it." I also made a written complaint with the actual company and they NEVER responded. I will NEVER order from Avas Flowers again!!

JanK

November 2nd, 2019

I try to support local florists whenever I can but sometimes smaller towns don't have local florists. I found Ava's Flowers online, spoke to a man who was obviously in a call center/noisy environment and that should have tipped me off. I ended up on a 17 min call. We discussed the price range I wanted, the type of arrangement & message, and address etc. Then the total was $30 higher than what we discussed. He said there was no delivery fee that it was all taxes. I said NO. He offered me his employee discount of another $4. I said NO and told him, it was a rip off. Now I look at reviews for them, I'm not alone. I'm glad I hung up because I'm convinced the flowers would certainly NOT have arrived today if at all! DO NOT USE THEM! Don't believe the home page banner of satisfied customers.