Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.9
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.3
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.0

Francia Boscan
November 13th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

I feel cheated by AVAS FLOWERS and I expose my experience to warn those who plan to use their services know what they risk. I paid an arrangement to be delivered to the doors of my apartment, there was even an additional charge of $ 18 for the "handling of flowers", it was a surprise that I wanted to receive the day and time indicated. The hours passed and the bouquet did not arrive, I followed up on the internet and the arrangement appeared delivered, I called the call center and they called the driver who never answered the call so I did not know where the flowers were. The next day I call the call center again to ask for my refund because I never received the flowers and they said they would NOT give me my money back because the flowers had been delivered to a girl in the leasing office !!! I paid to have them delivered to my hands to avoid this situation because the office staff is NOT required to make deliveries at the door of my apartment. The staff of AVAS FLOWER never tried to make the delivery personally, they never called me to access the apartment even when they had my phone, the driver also did not answer the call when the call center contacted them, at least I would have known that the flowers They had left in the office and would have gone for them. Today, four days after the supposed delivery, I finally have the withered and ugly arrangement !!! The girl who received the flowers tells me that an elderly person went directly to the leasing office and delivered the flowers there saying they would be picked up by their owner !!! I feel stolen, scammed, and I hope that whoever reads this thinks twice before throwing money in the trash with AVAS FLOWERS, a company with false delivery policies and customer satisfaction.

Yorkie Gal
November 12th, 2019 Vallejo, CA

On 11/08/19, I ordered flowers via the website. I requested delivery to the funeral home on 11/10/19. I received a confirmation stating the delivery would take place 11/10/19 or 11/11/19, I could work with that , considering the short notice. On 11/10/19 I checked the website to see if the flowers had be delivered, nothing indicated delivery. I called the 800 number and was unable confirm delivery. I was transferred and was prompted by this automated voice to provide my number and someone would call me back. I received a call back and the line disconnected. I called 11/11/19 and spoke with a customer service rep. It appeared to be an off-shore location. He explained the delivery did not take place because they could not find the flowers needed to complete the arrangement. I never heard of such. I asked why wasn't I notified, he could not explain. I told him the arrangement was for a loved one whose burial was at 10: 00 am est 11/11/19 and it was too late to send flowers. He asked me if I had an address of a family member where they could send to today or tomorrow. Why I would I send a funeral arrangement to the family after the service?..are u kidding me. I got a refund. This is the worst I have ever seen. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE COMPANY, THEY WILL DISAPPOINT YOU!!!

Keeley
November 8th, 2019 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS

The flowers that I ordered and paid for were not what was delivered. The customer service was great up until that point. Paid $75 for a delivery that was worth about $20.

Steve
November 6th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

The anniversary of my uncle's passing was coming up and I wanted to order flowers for my aunt to be delivered on the anniversary "day" of his passing as I knew my aunt would be sad & I just wanted to brighten up her day just a little. So this was very important to me and had ordered the flowers a week prior. The day the flowers were to be delivered, Avas Flowers had called me to say that the flowers couldn't be delivered until the next day. I told them this was unacceptable and explained the importance of the flowers being delivered on THIS particular date. The gentleman "laughed" and I was irate!! Let me remind you that their website also says "same day delivery." So I said "why not put me in as a same day delivery?" He said they couldn't, and, without an explanation, told me to "take it or leave it." I also made a written complaint with the actual company and they NEVER responded. I will NEVER order from Avas Flowers again!!

JanK
November 4th, 2019

I try to support local florists whenever I can but sometimes smaller towns don't have local florists. I found Ava's Flowers online, spoke to a man who was obviously in a call center/noisy environment and that should have tipped me off. I ended up on a 17 min call. We discussed the price range I wanted, the type of arrangement & message, and address etc. Then the total was $30 higher than what we discussed. He said there was no delivery fee that it was all taxes. I said NO. He offered me his employee discount of another $4. I said NO and told him, it was a rip off. Now I look at reviews for them, I'm not alone. I'm glad I hung up because I'm convinced the flowers would certainly NOT have arrived today if at all! DO NOT USE THEM! Don't believe the home page banner of satisfied customers.

Christy Rich
October 30th, 2019 Bloomington, IL DETAILS

I ordered flowers from https://www.avasflowers.net/ on Friday, October 25, 2019 for a delivery date of October 26, 2019 for a visitation/funeral. The visitation was October 27, 2019 and I noticed there were no flowers. At the funeral on October 28, 2019 there were still no flowers. When I returned to work on Tuesday the 29th (today), I see that there is tracking from UPS saying that the delivery will be there by 4:30 p.m. today. After the event is of no use. I called to see if the order could instead be re-routed to a home address. They said they couldn't since the item was already on the truck but they would offer me 20% off of my next purchase. I said "no, i'd like to get a refund" he told me that he could not do that since the flowers were already in route for delivery. I told him that the funeral home was closed and would not be able to accept the order so i demand a refund. He then offered me a $20 refund on a $110.00 order. I did not accept then he offered me half of a refund. I told him I expected a full refund. He put me on hold for a while to speak with a supervisor. Once he came back on the phone I was offered no refund and !0% of my next order. I hung up on him and received a call back about 45 minutes later stating that they could offer me a full refund but not the $15.50 service charge. I asked why I am being charged a service charge when I'm clearly not receiving any service. I have all confirmations of when the order was placed and set to be delivered and have the tracking showing today delivery. Soooo, now I will be disputing all charges once my credit card statement arrives.

Rachel Barfield
October 25th, 2019 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

Ordered flowers at noon. For my daughter's birthday. I was assured they would be delivered on time. I was asked for my phone number and email address so that they could reach me in there was any problem. They charged my account and never delivered the flowers, nor did they contact me regarding any problem with the order. I didn't find out they had not been delivered until I asked my daughter late last night. No one contacted me. After 30 minutes on the phone with customer service, they offered to send the flowers and provide me with store credit. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told I would be contacted on a short period of time. Five hours passed, had to go through the whole story and was told that my money had been refunded and the flowers would not be delivered and that I would receive no store credit. I had the call reviewed and the supervisor told me that I had refused the delivery and the store credit. This was a lie. Don't waste your time and money on this company.

Fred
October 25th, 2019 Atlantic, IA DETAILS

Do NOT do business with Avas Flowers! We ordered a funeral arrangement from them. It was a little bit different arrangement, unique to our family. We were promised to receive exactly what we ordered. When it arrived, it was nothing like we ordered. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with customer service (after the funeral) and they were no help. Said we did not respond within 24 hours so they wouldn't help us. We couldn't respond in that time period because of the actual funeral and travel.

Kelly
October 21st, 2019 Enumclaw, WA DETAILS

I ordered an Autumn Fall Deluxe Bouquet for my mother (approximately $75) - it said it would be similar to the advertised picture; yellow, red and orange flowers - fall colors. I contacted Avas on Friday (48 hours after delivery) as I happened to stop by my mother's and see the flowers. They were SO UGLY! They were alive and healthy, but white and pink. I contacted Ava's via email and phone - all the representatives I spoke with admitted that they had sent the wrong flowers (I spoke with 2 people on the phone and 1 via email). They said they were sorry the wrong flowers were sent, but that there was nothing they could do as they have a 24 hour quality refund policy. I explained to them it was not a quality issue, as the flowers were alive and thriving, but that it was the complete wrong order they sent. They admitted, over and over, the fault was there's. The only resolution that was offered was a 10% refund - for THEIR mistake! They sent the wrong item! I spent $75 (a lot for me) and they, admittedly, screwed up my order and will not make it right.

Rebecca Fraley
October 17th, 2019 DETAILS

WOW... really wished I had researched this company before ordering. Looks like they have a "bait and switch" scam that's been going on for awhile and yet, they are still allowed to do business. They picture all these beautiful arrangements, you order, they can't get you WHAT you ordered or deliver it when they say. Instead, they send a lot of roses instead that resemble the $10 per dozen at stands on the roadside!! Then when you complain, they say they upgraded to roses (even if you did NOT want them). They do nothing to correct or make the situation better for the customer but they must still make a killing from those "uninformed" new customers because they don't seem to get much repeat business! Biggest scammers I've ever dealt with and they SHAMELESSLY don't care how much they screw up your special moments in life!

Beth C
October 15th, 2019 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS

Very deceitful. I wanted to support local businesses in the area and specifically asked if they were located in that city and salesman gave so suave answer to make me think they were. I did not want to pay a service fee. When he asked what I wanted to say on the birthday card, I thought he was referring to the card that comes with all flowers for you to give a message. When he talked about how my flowers would have a lovely bow, I thought he was talking about ribbon that most florists attach to vase. No, he was upselling me and charging me and I had no idea these items were extra. You get charged a $19 service fee, basically bc they take your order, which any florist can do without the service fee. When I went to cancel, they said they would still charge the service fee. I originally asked for it to be delivered 2 days from ordering and salesman made it for the next day, which according to their policy, does not allow you to cancel. My entire dealings with this company unpleasant and they are very deceptive.

Kitty
October 15th, 2019 Greenville, SC

I am extremely upset and disappointed in the flowers I ordered. I requested white hydrangeas, and red roses arranged in a glass cube. The sales person even went to check that they had the hydrangeas which she said they did. I got red carnations and pink flowers in a tall vase and the card had the wrong name signed to it. It was nothing like what I had ordered and paid for. I will never order from there again.

Karen
October 15th, 2019 Cementon, PA

I ordered a floral dish garden for my son’s girlfriend & received something completely different. When I called to complain, they told me that what I got was beautiful ( not what I ordered), & the best they could do for me was credit me $10 . I paid $76 for the garden and was very disgusted !! I told them if they offered to send a new arrangement, I would have been happy, but was refused!! The customer service lady Marla was sent a picture of the arrangement by me & claimed that the only difference was that it was a white basket instead of brown. I told her that none of the plants were the same & I asked for purple flowers and there were red!!! She offered me $15 discount off my next order as if I would ever order from them again!!! I wish I would have read the reviews before I ordered!!! They’re not even worth 1 Star

Joshua Caldwell
October 15th, 2019 Layton, UT DETAILS

I am deployed and I was in need of a flower company to deliver flowers to my girlfriend for out 1 year aniversary (kind of a big deal). They couldn't call me (obviously due to my location) and told me that the flowers couldn't be delivered. After getting through their ridiculously long customer supprt system they were able to deliver them on a different day and only offered a $20 in-store credit. Complete garbage after I spent $105. I used them a few month ago to deliver to the same address and without my authorization changed my order to roses since they were out of flowers they advertized.

Kimberly
October 9th, 2019 Aberdeen, WA DETAILS

I ordered flowers for my moms birthday on 10/1 to be delivered by 10/2, her birthday is on 10/3. The order did not get delivered 10/2 because they didn’t have the arrangement. Rather than call, I received an email that went to my junk mail. I called them on 10/3 at 8 am and stated that it had to be delivered that day by noon, otherwise my mom was going to be gone. I was told that they could definitely do that but it’s an extra $7, fine I pay the money. It was not delivered on time and my mom did not get the flowers on her birthday. I spent over 90 minutes on the phone with customer service trying to reconcile the fact that I paid for a service that was not delivered in a timely fashion. Nothing. I ended up paying $80 for flowers that were not delivered on time but they think that’s okay because she got them the following day. This company gives no control to their customer service reps and blames everything on their contract delivery service, which will get you nowhere. Stay away. Horrible customer service.

Randy
October 8th, 2019 Lake Orion, MI DETAILS

My aunt passed away, so I ordered sympathy flower arrangement from Avas for my Uncle and family on Thursday. When I got to services on Saturday there were no flowers. I was very disappointed. I looked online on Sunday and Avas showed my order but could not confirm delivery. I had to call them and find out that they did try to reach me by phone on Friday, but did not leave a message – at the time I was driving 8 hours to a funeral service. They said that because they could not complete the order on time that they just did nothing. No shipment the next day, no Apology just blew the whole order off like it was nothing to them. Avas said they could refund $40 of the $150 order and delivery would be on Tuesday of the next week. I cancelled the entire order due to the unprofessional behavior and what I think is extremely insensitive regarding a funeral of a family member.

jim
October 2nd, 2019 Hendersonville, TN

Call in for a same day delivery of a $42.99 Garden Basket. Wasn't delivered. I checked the delivery status on their website and it said delivery attempted but no one was home which was a lie. Day 2, I tried to cancel my order on their site and it couldn't find my order. Day 3, I called in to cancel and they said we can have it delivered today which I said no I'll stop payment. Within an hour the flowers were delivered and the account was charged. The arrangement was pathetic. Cheap little wicker basket a small plant and three red carnations. I was charged $78!!!

Toralonda KeIth
September 27th, 2019 Sanford, FL DETAILS

Unprofessional and flowers never deliver on the date. Can't cancel order as stated online.

Danny
September 23rd, 2019 DETAILS

Simple message. When you put an order in they will take your money and not deliver anything. This is a true scam. Nothing legit about this company as well including no refunds or customer support. It is completely illegitimate. Stay away unless you want to donate your money.

GH
September 17th, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS

AVAS FLOWERS RENIGGED ON SENDING NEW ARRANGEMENT!!!! They just wanted me not to write more reviews!!! CHECK BBB RATING OF F!!!! Same complaints! This place is sketchy!!!! I’ve spent hours of my time trying to work with your company to resolve this issue—Forgive me, but I’m about done now. I ordered an As Pictured arrangement of pastel colors—PASTEL Grace and Wonder arrangement, description of as pictured says three lilies, 3 roses, monte casino filler, and a raffia bow. I received DARK MAROON carnations and 3 roses that looked a little worse for the wear in a dark bunch of greenery. 78.00 most expensive WalMart carnation arrangement EVER! The rangement was dark and dreary when it was supposed to be bright and cheerful. IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A BOW! No lilies, no bright cheerful colors! I’ve sent you pictures. 2 of your people agreed that it looked NOTHING like it should and one of your people was absolutely HORRID!! Yesterday someone called me and said they’re going to send another arrangement… That never happened and when I called to see why they said oh no they’re not going to send an arrangement the guy that called me shouldn’t have called me! Give me a break! I’ve now made it my life‘s mission to make sure that everyone knows how DISHONEST this place is!!! People work hard and should not pay top dollar for gas station arrangements and pathetic customer service!

Frank Vaughn Malquist
September 16th, 2019 Meridian, ID DETAILS

I ordered flowers to send to my Sister in Law who had been injured in a car accident and was in a hospital in Wyoming. I placed the order on 9-12-19 and missed the cutoff time for same day delivery by 5 minutes. The order said it would be delivered either that day or the next day. The next day I had a phone call from an unfamiliar number which I did not answer, no message was left. I received a call on 9-14-19 where I was told they could not deliver until 9-17. I told them to go ahead and after hanging up I changed my mind and tried to call them. I was told to go to their website. I had been there before and it was of no value. I tried again and went to the cancel link and was told to call them because it couldn't perform the function. I called them again and finally got a customer (no) service representative who told me he couldn't authorize the refund because UPS had the order (why couldn't they deliver for 5 days?). He tried to talk to a supervisor who was occupied and said the supervisor would call me later that day or the next day about authorizing a refund. I located a local florist who delivered the flowers within 4 hours. I should have gone there the first day instead of waiting two days.

Sharon
September 9th, 2019 Marietta, GA DETAILS

Horrible. Late delivery, incorrect information given about delivery, flowers not even similar to what was ordered. When I complained, they offered zero recompense. Check their fine print: apparently they can substitute whatever they want, even if not of comparable value, and can be late, even after confirming delivery date and time. Also, their website shows 5 star reviews, but when you look elsewhere online, they are mostly 1 star. Horrible.

Patsy J Garcia
September 9th, 2019 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

My daughter was in the hospital and I didn't know what time she would be released. I asked whoever took my order at Ava's to call me prior to delivery to ensure she was home. I ordered the Everlasting Soothing Lavender and expected a call. No call. I called Ava's and they told me there had been a delay and the arrangement would be there by 7:00 pm. When I called customer service they said delivery was attempted at 5:10 pm. My daughter has a doorbell camera and there was no attempt at 5:10. About 8:00 pm my daughter answered the door for a visitor and found the arrangement next to the door...no call, no notification! Ava's just left it!! Her camera showed a 6:46 pm drop-off. The arrangement was not even close to the one I ordered. A day or two later my daughter said the roses were wilting. I contacted Ava's on-line to complain. Their response was a store credit for $15...worthless to me because I will never again use this florist.

Susan
September 6th, 2019 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS

Extremely disappointed in the arrangement sent to my sister for her birthday. I did receive a call explaining that it would be a “designers choice,” using flowers that were available that might be different than what I ordered. However what was sent was no where near as nice as what was depicted in the photo online, and much smaller considering I purchased the $77 luxury size, the largest of 4 sizes offered. After calling customer service, I was given a meager 10% refund. I was also called and told that they would arrive a day late because the local store was jammed with a large order for a funeral. I wouldn’t have minded if the arrangement hadn’t been so pathetic.

Bree
September 3rd, 2019 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

I ordered flowers for my fiancé online at 4pm on a Friday. It wasn’t until I submitted the order and AFTER the purchase was complete that I was informed the cut off time for “same day delivery” was 2pm. I looked everywhere for a customer service phone number and all I found was a number that led me to an automated messages telling me to use their website for all customer service needs. I used my order number to try to cancel my order and I repeatedly showed an “error” message, informing me that my order could not be found. I looked up the customer service email and immediately emailed asking for a phone call ASAP to speak with someone in regards to my order. That email was not responded to but I received another email providing a phone number asking me to call about my order. When I called the number, I was informed that a representative CALLED MY FIANCE’S PLACE OF WORK to confirm that she would be working the next business day. They never reached out to me or called me PRIOR to looking up and contacting Emilee’s work. I only provided the name of the business for delivery purposes. The ONLY phone number I provided was my cell phone number. The cashiers were confused upon answering the phone and told Emilee about the “strange” phone call. Irritated with my service, I asked the order be cancelled and the representative told me I could only be reimbursed for half the amount I paid because they can’t refund the “delivery” fee. I demanded the address be changed because I didn’t want the flowers to be delivered on Saturday after she left work. Like most cases, the flower delivery was to be a surprise—to cheer up my fiancé because of her really bad day at work. If i had known before placing the order that they wouldn’t be delivered same day like the website advertised, I WOULDN'T HAVE SPENT $50 ON THE FLOWERS. Even if they had called me and spoken with me, I would have had them delivered at home and surprised her on Saturday—however, they ruined ALL of that by calling her work without my permission. They literally had to look up the phone number to call her work because I did not provide it as an appropriate number to contact about the order. When I called Saturday morning to complain, I immediately asked for a manager and the representative ignored my request multiple times. When I finally got to speak with a manager, he just kept repeating that “sorry to hear that ma’am, the flowers are due to be delivered today, is there anything else I can do for you?” Not even listening to me. He offered me a $15 store credit voucher—not like I’ll be using that or EVER using Avas Flowers again.

Wendy
August 29th, 2019 Marathon, FL DETAILS

AWFUL, wrong products, missing Box of candies, bad customer service, never again!

Shauna
August 26th, 2019 Bothell, WA DETAILS

Found Ava's flowers online when I searched for a florist in the small town where my Mom had surgery. Little did I know they were some sort of third party. I thought something was fishy when I ordered a $60 arrangement and that ended up being just over $100! When I asked them how that happened they itemized a card, ribbon and some sort of service fee. (Although it said free delivery.) I should have stopped right there but my Mom was in the hospital for the night and I wanted her to have flowers. Later in the day I get this cryptic email saying that they need to confirm some details on my order and to please call them. (They had my phone number I had no idea why they didn't just call me right away!) Turns out they "couldn't find a florist in the area to complete the order" (I now wonder if florists just won't work with them.) Did I want to have flowers delivered to her house instead? No, I stated, I really wanted them delivered to the hospital so please just cancel my order. I had to tell the rep at least 3 times that I wanted my order cancelled and he kept on trying to convince me to just have them delivered later to her house (she lives in an even smaller town so I highly doubt this would have happened either). Finally he relented and said he would cancel the order and send me an email confirmation of the cancellation. No email was received. 3 days later I got a refund for everything except for their $19 service fee! Currently fighting them on that.

DP Williams
August 23rd, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Horrible customer service!!! Polite people on the phone but NO email or response when multiple inquires made regarding delivery of my order...3000 miles away. They present themselves as “local business” but pls ck to make sure. They ARE NOT in Berkeley CA as was claimed to me

jEANNE
August 22nd, 2019 Nottingham, MD DETAILS

These people are a rip off. I ordered flowers for a teacher on the morning of her birthday. I called and asked if they could deliver before the end of the school day which is 4:00. I was assured they could. At 3:00 that afternoon I checked their website and found out that the flowers DID NOT get delivered. I then called their customer service and told them to cancel the order. The person I spoke to argued about the cancellation and kept offering a $20.00 store credit. I told her I did not want this to cancel the order. They delivered the flowers the next day to the school. The teacher that the flowers were for was not in school on Friday and did not return until the following Monday. I have tried contacting them about this issue and they do not even have a record of my 2 phone calls with them. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT USE THEM!

Ridiculous!!
August 21st, 2019 Glen Rock, PA

Ridiculous!! The arrangement I order was $34.99 w/free delivery then taxes added on...that's fine. What wasn't fine was they charged me $15.95 stating it was a "service & handling" fee!!! What a rip off!!

Julie
August 21st, 2019 Grand Junction, CO DETAILS

EPIC FAIL. Ordered flowers for a special client celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. They were taking a cruise and I arranged for the flowers to be delivered to the cruise ship before it left. The cruise staff was on the look out and I stressed how important it was that the flowers arrived before 10am. Not only did they not arrive before 10 but Ava's Flowers decided they'd deliver 2 days later and seemed surprised when the ship had left. Very unprofessional and disappointing with no way to correct this monumental mistake. They did refund my money after listening to my original call ordering the flowers.

John
August 16th, 2019 North Highlands, CA DETAILS

0 stars dont waste your time do your research before you order. Lesson learned. Dont do the sane say delivery because they will not deliver then the same day.

Michael S
August 13th, 2019 Lititz, PA DETAILS

Customer service sucks...Lost order today on a Saturday, spent over an hour on phone with delivery dept. Lied to about receiving upgrade and credit. Ava's flowers telephone system sucks, constant hang ups or silence with no one answering telephone. It's now Monday morning and I spent another 30 minutes on the phone with customer service and they still cannot locate my order because the "design dept" was closed. Told to wait a FEW HOURS BEFORE CALLING BACK TO LOCATE ORDER.

Philipp
August 8th, 2019 Emeryville, CA DETAILS

Ordered flowers for an aunt in hospice on 5 Aug 2019. Three days later, despite numerous calls with their customer services, as well as online complaints on their website, the flowers never arrived. I had cancelled the order and they gave excuses that their designer attempted delivery, which was not the case. Further, they insist on wanting to charge a handling fee. All lies and poor customer service. And, they are misleading since they are not a local business. Suffice to say, my credit card agreed with me in disputing the charges. STAY AWAY from this SCAM of a company.

Disappointed Customer
August 1st, 2019 Lewisville, TX DETAILS

I was very disappointed in the service I received from Ava's Flowers. I was looking for a local florist in Atlanta to send get well flowers to my daughter. The website advertised a $39.99 arrangement and a picture of a bear and 6 get well and smiley face mylar balloons. I requested same day delivery. When given the total it was $99.xx. I questioned it and was told the picture was of a more expensive item. I agreed on a smaller option(bear with 2 smiley face balloons and a get well balloon). It still cost over $60.00. The arrangement was delivered 2 days later with 2 get well balloons and a valentine balloon. The card said "thought you could use a smile". There was no smiley face balloon. Very poor service considering they are in a business that cheer up the sick and comfort the grieving.

MsH
August 1st, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

I ordered an Purple Orchid on July 19th to be delivered on July 28th for my Mother's Birthday. As she lives in another state.Anyway they contacted me the 29th and told me the flower was unavailable. They should have contacted me sooner to let me know so I could have made other arrangements. Instead they waited until the day after her birthday to contact me. So beyond frustrating and disappointing. Unable to get a refund. We spent $78.00 and it's just gone. Do not buy from them

Rod
July 31st, 2019 Kunia Camp, HI DETAILS

Horrible Service , these guys do not deserve to be in the business! I ordered a $200 floral arrangement for a funeral service a week before the event and got an email the morning of the service to call Avas. After 15 minutes on hold I was informed without explanation that they would not be able to deliver and that I could reschedule. A couple of days later I called back to have the flowers delivered to family member's home and spent 20 minutes with agent redoing the order. I called back shortly thereafter to confirm order details, only to be told that they could not deliver to that location unless I payed another $100. At this point I told them to forget it and requested a refund. This company clearly has no regard for its' customers and appears to just view angry customers as a cost of doing business. I will never do business with this company again.

Mary
July 30th, 2019 Tulsa, OK DETAILS

I wouldn't even give this company one single star. I ordered flowers within the time window for same day delivery, but was understanding if the flowers couldn't be delivered until the following day. However, while I ordered on Saturday, no flowers were delivered either that day or the next. When I called customer service on Monday, I was informed they would be delivered that day. I said that was unacceptable since the recipient was now 90 miles away and would be gone for the entire upcoming week. I was offered a partial refund. I said I wanted a full refund. The woman then told me that my order specified the flowers to be delivered today, not the 27th or 28th as I had said. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said she was a supervisor. I hung up, then called back and got another company representative. I told her the story (she had the previous call details in front of her) Again I was offered a partial refund. I then told her I had my order confirmation email in front of me and would be happy to send it to them. She then said I would be getting a full refund. I'm sorry, but they effectively called me a liar, my birthday present ($80 worth of flowers) was not delivered, and it took two irate phone calls to get my money back. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Keith
July 24th, 2019 Marietta, GA DETAILS

$84 Luxury Flower Package Wilted and Dead in THREE DAYS!! Refused to do anything. Said I had to file a complaint within 24 hours despite the website terms stating SEVEN DAYS. I was within the seven day period. They offered a $15 store credit to use in the future which is as sad as the pitiful flower arrangement I paid for as a birthday surprise. Buy from a local florist. The customer service is horrible.

Lisa Smith
July 19th, 2019 Waco, TX DETAILS

Extremely disappointed and embarrassed! I ordered flowers for a friend's birthday and they were supposed to have been delivered yesterday but were not delivered until today. Not only were they late in delivering, but they also did NOT deliver what I ordered. I ordered an arrangement that shows on their website to be vibrant and colorful. Instead, the arrangement that was delivered was dull and the flowers were already wilting. I tried calling only to be put on a continuous looped recording that ended up disconnecting the call. I sent an email and received a response that the flowers fall within their Substitution Policy guidelines. The arrangement that was delivered was a complete embarrassment and I DO NOT recommend this company.

Katie
July 19th, 2019 Holland, MI DETAILS

They did an AWFUL job. Flowers looked nothing like they should have and when I found out how they turned out they would do NOTHING about it! They said I had 24hrs to have it taken care of. Like most people are going to call you and say wow my flowers are ugly....NO...they also don't know what you ordered either! The only reason I found out what they looked like was because my parents went to see her 3 days after she received the plant arrangement. My grandmother was not even excited to say she received anything, thats how bad they looked! Do NOT buy from them....they are ripping people off! They should be ashamed!!!

Eveline G
July 17th, 2019 Longmont, CO DETAILS

I would highly recommend that you look else where for your florist arrangement. I am absolutely disappointed with this company! I ordered a bouquet for my boyfriend's mom to be delivered on his birthday. I have not met her yet and I wanted to make a good impression. On his birthday, she messaged him a photo of the flowers and when he showed me, for a second I thought someone else had sent her flowers. The bouquet was small and puny and had more green leaf foliage then flowers. The picture online showed at least five different varieties of flowers and the bouquet only had three. I paid exactly for "As Shown" so there is not excuse why the bouquet is not what I paid for. This company is full of false promises! I paid $68.94 with service fees and King Soopers could have made a better bouquet for $20! This company is a rip-off and they should be shut down!

Ms. Nancy
July 16th, 2019 Columbus, IN

07.2019 HORRIBLE experience. ORDER CANCELLED. A small teddy bear w 3 roses is advertised for $45.00 w free same-day delivery, yet the total price came to $73.00!!!! I said no-way, and was ready to hang-up, but was lured back in when he offered to lower the total price. They promised "same-day delivery," which did not happen. I received an email (never asked for my tele number), shortly after placing my order explaining that they were unable to fulfil my order due to the blooms (3 roses) were unavailable. Therefore, they had transferred my order to another designer. The letter said to discuss this further, call this number, but the number answers "good-bye," and hangs up immediately. ha I called two other numbers listed on their website, to no avail. At 7pm cst, the recording said wait times are over 20 mins. I called the next morning, asking when my flowers would be delivered - "Julius stated "we cannot guarantee delivery." I asked if I could call the florist they transferred my order to, and he said no. I cancelled the order. Avas florist deducted an $18.99 service fee, insisting that they earned this by taking my order and transferring it to another designer. Fortunately, my credit card company took care of this ridiculous service fee. Based on Avas reviews, this must be how they stay in business.

gary kaufman
July 16th, 2019 Sea Island, GA DETAILS

The flowers I ordered were an embarassment. My wife called me a cheapskate as she believed I could not have spent more than $19 for this anniversary bouquet - which cost $79 and was supposed to be (according to the sales rep) extremely impressive. Problem is, it was impressive AS IT WAS TERRIBLE. Customer service repeatedly put me on hold and then disconnected me. I sent them a picture - at their request - only to be told they NEVER received it - THREE TIMES. Finally I spoke to a person and they did not hang up. They admitted they had the picture. They said everything was as it should be. Customer service stinks. The flowers stink. I WOULD GIVE THEM 0 STARS IF THE OPTION EXISTED. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WISH TO BE DISAPPOINTED AND GIVEN THE RUN AROUND.

Jo-Lue Bloomer
July 8th, 2019 DETAILS

Another 1 Star review here. Ordered flowers for my sister. She is dying of cancer so this is her last birthday. She phoned to say that a small, cheap, wilted bouquet with broken stems arrived from local flourist in Everett "Olas Flowers". The delivery guy just said "sorry" and left the flowers. I used online customer complaint, then phoned through to customer service agent "Louis". He said he could not issue refund without speaking to his "designer". Promised to phone back but never did. Suspect from reading other reviews on Yelp, BBB , etc. that I will never see my $100 refund. STAY AWAY FROM AVAS !

Patricia
July 8th, 2019 Apollo, PA DETAILS

I ordered a large beautiful bouquet to be sent to Arlington Ntional Cemetery for my 44 wedding anniv. with my deceades husband. They promised to email me a picture of the delivered flowers...I never received the picture and have called several times and emailed them several times to no avail. How do I know that the arrangement I ordered for $93.00 plus were even delivered and that it was the bouquet I ordered? DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS FLORIST.....A TOTAL RIPOFF!!!!!!! The people I spoke with on the phone were all VERY RUDE...THEY OFFERED ME A $10 REFUND ON AN ORDER THAT WAS OVER $90. AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THE BBB AND WILL ALSO PLACE A BAD REVIEW ON ANGIE'S LIST ON MY COMPUTER. NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY AND SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

Donna Burke
July 1st, 2019 Dallas, OR DETAILS

Disappointing nightmare. Ordered birthday gift, not delivered 6/26. They said would upgrade it, be there 6/28. 6/29 no delivery. Called, said in transit. What?? Paid for 2 day delivery. Refused to credit my credit card so had to file a complaint through my credit card co. No one I spoke to with Avas was in this country. 1 800 flower so much better. Do NOT use Avas if you want any reliability, especially if important surprise.

Jessiekitty
June 26th, 2019 Oak Park, IL DETAILS

The person who took my order misspelled my email so I couldn't look up the status of my order, and I had to change my order. I got a text saying they had [email protected] for my email but it was clearly misspelled. I had to change the kind of order and responded to the text because it was the only way I could ask for the change in time. So I never got a response to my text, didn't get an email to my new address (that I gave them in the text), and when I called today I found out they delivered the wrong thing! I told them it was their fault because they put the wrong email in and didn't get my text message (then why the heck did they contact me by text?) So they offered me a 10 dollar refund--nowhere near what I spent on the original order. When I asked to talk to someone higher up the person said she was the customer service manager and she refused to budge even though it was THEIR FAULT. Now all my money is wasted. My friend will not see the flowers until the flowers are dead.

Georgia
June 12th, 2019 Clifton, NJ DETAILS

Worst experience I have ever had.I sent flowers to girlfriend and I was shocked and disgusted that you could see the stems in the vase. A whole bunch of ugly green and brown stems. The ugly stems completely made the flowers look horrible. Who in the world puts flowers into a clear vase and why do they made clears vases period. Stems are so ugly and hideous looking and totally ruin the over all look. If I knew I was getting a clear vase I never would have ordered.Luckily I managed to fix this problem myself, I had a spare opaque vase so I was able to cover up the monstrous looking stems before I became nauseous.

KimberlyN
June 12th, 2019 Park City, UT DETAILS

Chose this vendor because they said that they delivered same day on their site, and said they worked with local florists. Sounded good. I ordered flowers for my partner (very slow loading site). Received confirmation email, that allowed me to track. Last night, I asked my partner if he received the arrangement. He did not. I checked the status, and it stated that there was an attempt to delivery. BUT-in my order notes for the delivery driver, i stated someone may not be there, and to leave the flowers on the porch. I called this am and asked where the flowers were. I was told that there was an attempt at delivery. Well, I have a home security camera. No one came to our house all day. So, lie #1. They tried to call the local florist, but the florist wasn't opened yet. I was assured that someone from Ava's would get back to me. When I had not heard back by noonET, I called again. The person I spoke with called the florist, and they were told that the flowers would arrive shortly. Still nothing on our home camera, so I called again at 2. I was told the flowers would arrive by 5. Nothing by 5. At this point, I requested a refund of my delivery fee. I was told that they couldn't do that, but could refund me 5%. Fine. He called the florist, and told me that the flowers were en route, and would arrive by 7MT. So, at 6:58, I called. Flowers still not arrived. I was told the florist was now closed, and that they were closing. I asked for the name of the local florist direct, but was told that they weren't allowed to provide this. I asked for a refund, and I was told that they weren't allowed. So, I opened up a dispute with my CC company. I placed the order early yesterday, and a day and a half for same day delivery, with no delivery in site is enough for me. Buyer beware. Oh, yeah, with that 5% discount, I was also given 10% off my next order. That'll never happen.