Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.9
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.4
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.0

Anna Claire Abbas

October 19th, 2016

I should've read more reviews before I placed my order. WHAT A SCAM. TERRIBLE customer service. Claiming to be "local, family owned and operated business" but when you call its a room full of people in a corporate office who all have foreign accents. Promised same day delivery all over their website but then claim they can't deliver it today. They are refusing to cancel my order. I have been on the phone for over an hour trying to get my order cancel and they keep transferring me to different people and putting me on hold. I have asked to speak to a manager multiple times and keep getting an automated message when I'm "transferred." DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!! They will steal your money. I'm reporting them to the BBB and having my credit card company cancel the order. Update: Finally spoke to a manager over an hour later who claims they cannot cancel my order because its in their "terms" that same day orders cannot be cancelled- even though they cannot fulfill the order as promised. I placed the order prior to their "same day cut off time." She was so rude- laughing at me & cutting me off. This business should be shut down. I filed a complaint with the BBB and will be disputing the charges with my credit card company. I have never in my life experienced such horrific customer service. Also, I am a real customer and will be happy to provide my order # and receipt.

Aden Bolin

October 19th, 2016 Rock Hill, SC

Normally I try to handle things thru a company's customer service department. unfortunately that was not possible with AvasFlowers. #1 The customer service number provided is not a working or valid number - in fact it is no longer in service #2 Customer service's email system is laughable. It specifically states typical email return contact time is 8 hours - less than useful for immediate issues #3 When someone does finally get back to you, they offer virtually no solution to the problem at hand, and what solutions they do offer they do not follow thru with #4 When emailed AGAIN about the SAME problem, they never emailed back This is the worst online company I have ever dealt with!!! Arrangement ordered: 10/13- not delivered. Solution Proposed: Redeliver 10/14 - not delivered 10/15 - not delivered 10/16 - not delivered 10/17 - not delivered - called 3x, no answer 10/18 - not delivered - called 3x, no answer 10/19 - not delivered - called 2x, answered, offered to deliver 10/20. Offer refused, refund demanded. They argued about giving refund. Put on hold for 10 minutes, no one ever came back to phone, sent to prompt to schedule a return call. Is this seriously how someone should conduct business?

Erin

October 18th, 2016 Utica, NY

I ordered flowers for my moms birthday. I got a delivery confirmation email stating they were delivered when in fact they were NOT. I called and they said there was a mix up but they would be there shortly. The flowers were never delivered. I called the next day (after an email went unanswered, and 2 call back requests that never came) and they said the cops were called when they tried to deliver. I explained that they must have went to the wrong address. I asked for a refund and was told they couldn't do that. But said they could deliver them that day...still waiting for flowers, but they were quick to take my money.

Meredith Nuss

October 11th, 2016 Washington, DC

I ordered flowers for a family member who had just come out of intensive care. They were initially supposed to be delivered on Friday and then, after receiving a call after 9 pm, I received an email advising that they couldn't deliver on Friday and that the flowers would be delivered on Saturday. I received a confirmation email around 7 pm advising that the flowers were delivered. When I did not get any call from my relative I called to see if she liked the flowers only to be informed that no flowers had been delivered. We called customer service on Sunday and were told we had to wait until the next day for them to talk to thwir driver. After 2 hours of promises of possible delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday, they couldn't tell me for sure because they couldn't get thw florist in the phone, they finally aquiesced and begrudgingly issued a refund. ..that will hit my bank account in 10 days. Appalling fraudulent service. Run...do not use...

Kim L Townsend

October 10th, 2016

If I could give a zero star (or, better yet... a MINUS rating) for Avas Flowers, I would! My cousin passed away and my family and I were unable to attend the out-of-state funeral. In our stead, I wanted to order sympathy plants for his mother and widow, as well as flowers for the service. I've ordered flowers many, MANY times before (usually with ProFlowers.com), but have NEVER had as upsetting, maddening or exasperating experience in my life! In brief (yes - this is the SHORT version): * I called Ava's Flowers on Saturday to order flowers and plants for my cousin's funeral to be held Monday morning at 10:30 a.m. * The guy who answered Saturday's call told me to call back on Sunday. (???) * I called on Sunday and spoke with 'Eddie'. I stressed that it was imperative that the plants/flowers were to be at the funeral home by/before 10 a.m. on Monday. * Eddie put me on hold and claimed to be "checking with the local florist". He then assured me that "the local florist said they would open 'extra early' on Monday to get the order ready and it is guaranteed to be at the funeral home before 10 a.m." * I reiterated that if there was ANY chance that the order wouldn't be delivered in time for the funeral at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, then I didn't want to place the order. * Eddie GUARANTEED me that the order would arrive Monday by/before 10 a.m. * I placed an order for two plants and one floral arrangement to be delivered to the funeral home Monday morning by/before 10 a.m. The total cost came to $208.18 * Monday morning, I called the funeral home at 10 a.m. and asked if my flowers/plants had arrived. They had not. * I went to my order confirmation e-mail and clicked on the 'check delivery status' button. A message came up that said my order was scheduled for delivery that day - and no other information was available at that time. * I called the phone number listed on my e-mail and went through a ridiculously long menu in an attempt to talk with a human. * Once I finally reached someone (Lydia), I was asked to hold while they tried to contact the florist (I thought I was supposed to be talking with the florist in the first place)! They couldn't reach the florist - and then the line went dead. * By this time, the funeral had already begun. My phone rang and it was the same company, but this time I was speaking with Natalie. In my frustration, I said I wanted to cancel the flowers (which, obviously, were not present at the funeral)... but still wanted the plants to go to the deceased's mother and widow. * I was flippantly told by Natalie that they were 'sorry' and would refund the cost of the flowers. * The time was now a bit after 11 a.m. and I was extremely irritated. What put me over the edge, though, was when Natalie said that she had talked with her supervisor about my horrible experience and that her supervisor was willing to give me "the best compensation that they've ever extended to someone": a $20 in-store coupon. * That was IT!!! I told her that she AND her supervisor must be drunk to think that I would EVER spend another penny with this company and, furthermore, that pitiful gesture was the final straw - so I canceled my ENTIRE order! I am so incredibly disgusted by this company who, by the way, is NOT a local florist in the area that I wanted flowers delivered to. I consider this entire rotten experience to be a perfect example of fraud on the part of Ava's Flowers - and I suspect I'm not their first victim. They have yet to refund my money - and the worst of it is that there were NO flowers and plants from my family and me at my cousin's funeral. Shame on them! Buyer beware - this is NOT a good company and I can't UN-recommend them enough!

Suzie Boeyer

October 7th, 2016 Cornelia, GA

This company is a scam. I ordered a 100$ arrangement that was delivered early and left outside for over 4 hours, it looked like a 15$ bouquet you could get at Walmart. This company would do nothing to fix it, I had to call my credit card company to dispute the charge. Horrible customer service.

Gina Donato

October 6th, 2016 San Francisco, CA

The lovely ladies at my office ordered a Areca Palm for my birthday on 8-18-16 and spent a pretty penny on it. Although we took good care of it, it immediately started to show signs of distress and I thought it was just traumatized from the move. I left on vacation a week after it arrived and when I returned it was half dead. Upon closer inspection, it was covered in spider mites which I have a photo of but this site does not give that option. The response from Avas after three conversations with their "customer service representatives" is that is it not their problem. But they would be happy to give us 30% off our next purchase of dying plants and terrible service. Hmmmm. No thanks. In the long run, it would have cost them much less to simply replace their buggy plant.

Klowie

October 6th, 2016

Supervisor changed story 3 times on what he could do and then he hung up on me. Tried canceling an order after 2min. and they said they couldn't do so and that they would keep a service charge. ...why they did nothing and spent no effort on my online order after 2 min. So being charged for nothing is a crooked business. Not trustworthy or friendly.

Nikki Sullivan

October 4th, 2016

No one would return calls or emails. Needed same day delivery for funeral. Website said they would. But then got text saying no they couldn't! Horrible service SCAM!!!!! Do not use!

Amanda Bates

September 29th, 2016 CA

I ordered flowers to be delivered before 1 on tuesday, I got a confirmation of delivery but after much time on the phone they never delivered until the following day this is my 3rd day I demanded a refund because these were apologetic flowers and needed to arrive before one, they said I had to return the flowers the get my refund after they did not fulfill the service required I spoke to Camila Zavala as a manager she could not get me to her supervisor or anyone higher in rank. This place is horrible I am a first time customer and will give bad reviews on Facebook, instagram, BBC everywhere this place took my money and never fulfilled the promised service!!

Timothy Neher

September 26th, 2016 Robinson, KS

Horrible company !!! No Delivery ; No REfund, No Guarantee; On hold for over an hour!!! RUN FROM THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY !!!

Aaron Matsler

September 20th, 2016 CA

BBB rating is an F! This company is absolutely horrible! Please do your research before placing an order with this company. They messed up a $130 order I placed by only delivering half of what I ordered and what I did get wasn't correct ether. I called customer service and spoke to 2 different representatives. Their resolution was to give me a $20 store credit. The first representative actually said he would call my 9 year old daughter and tell her personally that he was sorry. What? He wanted to speak to my 9 year old? Seeing how I could hardly understand what he was saying with the accent from another country and that my daughter was devastated, I'm not quite sure how that is going to make things ok. Both representatives could barely speak English so I'm pretty sure the call center is not in the US. These representatives both laughed, were rude and would absolutely not let me speak to a manager. I found it weird that they both no matter what wanted me to speak to a manager. They both hung up on me and now I stuck with a $130 charge, an upset wife and daughter, a ruined morning having taken 2 hours out of my work day and flowers that were supposed to be a cheerful thing now a complete disaster. ABSOLUTLEY DO YOUR RESEARCH! The price is a little cheaper but if the order is incorrect for what ever reason then that cheaper price isn't so cheap anymore because you will not get a refund. I wish I would have spent the extra few dollars and ordered from a reputable company that stands behind their product than to have to go through this nightmare. You might get lucky but is a few dollars worth the gamble when sending something with such meaning. Yes I'm upset but this is an honest to God review of how a company doesn't care about their customers only their bottom dollar. Good luck if you do try this company. I've always had good luck in the past at 45 years old. Very rarely have I come across a company like this. Again go read the Better Business Bureau. They gave this company an F rating.

Lacey Jackson

September 10th, 2016

I placed an order on Sept 7th for delivery on the 8th for birthday flowers and balloons. This order was important. I reviewed multiple websites and did not realize Avas was a third party larger corporation because it said multiple times on its website that it was a “local florist”. I now know that this means they have contracts with local florists to whom they send orders and in exchange handle the customer service…poorly. I received confirmation that the order was left with intended recipient, and yet the recipient had not received the package. I e-mailed immediately to inquire as to where the package was, and why I received delivery confirmation. Two e-mails were sent separately. Both were responded to with the same boilerplate response. The customer service site claims extensively that they are open 24 hours per day for customer service needs. This is not true. The line actually states that they are only open during normal business hours EST. Calling back at 9a.m. EST I was unable to reach an individual for hours. The recording says to schedule a time for them to call back within a 30 minute window. This never happened. The call never came. It took six attempts before I reached a person, and was not re-routed to that same “call back” message. I finally reached a human an hour later who admitted that this call back feature does not work. No call back is scheduled. He had no updated information and it was too early to reach his designer locally. I was then reassured that I would receive a phone call within the next few hours, as they would be sure to keep calling. This too never came. Four hours later I called again and after five more unsuccessful attempts wherein I was re-routed to the “book a call back time” option, I finally reached someone. The second individual contacted the designer, indicative of the fact that no one had bothered during that interim. It was concluded that negligence is what resulted in the delivery failure. The company added flowers to improve the look of the bouquet and Avas refunded the expedited shipping costs and offered store credit which never expires, though I will unfortunately not be using it. The second individual to whom I spoke was professional and kind, even offered to make a personal phone call to the recipient to apologize for the birthday bouquet not reaching her on the birthday. While this individual did call the recipient personally, refund the extra shipping, and give me store credit which I will not use and have asked be taken back, the item STILL has not shipped. I was promised yet again that it would arrive a day late on the 9th and it did not. What I learned from their customer service is that the local designers have 24 hours from the time they submit the “left with intended recipient” delivery confirmation to send over a copy of the actual signature. The local designer did not actually make the delivery, but submitted that delivery confirmation in order to buy themselves another 24 hours in which to make the delivery. They were trying to circumvent the system, and in doing so I paid the price. What's more, they failed a second time to make the delivery. I have asked for a full refund and we shall see how things progress in that department.

PB

September 8th, 2016 Goose Creek, SC

Flowers never arrivered for my Aunt's funeral. Difficult to reach someone on the phone. Sales associates Joaquin, Lucy and Carmen all told conflicting stories about my order. THIS IS A FRAUDULENT BUSINESS.

Dee

September 7th, 2016 Indianapolis, IN

Ava's Flowers is the worst! I ordered flowers for my sister's birthday and they failed to deliver them as requested. Instead they attempted delivery 3 days later when my sister wasn't home. I never received a call or email indicting that the delivery was delayed. I called to tell them that a late delivery was unacceptable and request a refund and they Ignored my feedback and instead called my sister to set up a redelivery date a week later. Ava florist is awful and their customer focus is even worst. Order from them at your own risk?

Jane Ekbatani

September 5th, 2016 Santa Rosa, CA

Do not do business with this company, they are scam artists. The bouquet I sent was supposed to be valued at $87.99 and it looked like something from the grocery store valued about $25.00. They offered a 45% discount if you ordered from them in the next 41 minutes! This brought down the total for the bouquet to the sale price of $52.99! The bow looked like something from the Dollar Store! They repeatedly refused to honor the order for the flowers I ordered and insisted that I got what I ordered. I am reporting them to "ABC 7 On Your Side", consumer advocates, and reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. They advertised free delivery and then snuck in a "Handling Charge" of something like $11.95. They also charge $2.99 for a small card that said who was sending the flowers. Most florists offer a free small card to place in the bouquet, but not this company. The total price came to $64.63. No bargain here and you could do much better going to Safeway and picking up a nice bouquet!. Or better yet, support your local Florist! I feel I was scammed by these people, first by their ad indicating they were Sebastopol Florists, and second by the inferior bouquet of flowers that were delivered. Avas Flowers turned out to be a "clearing house" like FTD, but not nearly as good. They are actually located in Mahwah, New Jersey. The old adage goes here, if it looks too good to be true it probably is too good to be true! Buyer beware! They advertise like they are a local Florist when you search for a Florist online in a particular city. There are many negative reviews on FaceBook and they average 1 star! Their company page states they are rated 5 stars! I wish I would have researched FaceBook before I ordered the flowers. I could not find them on Yelp.com.

chris

August 31st, 2016 Charlotte, NC

These guys are not a real florist. They Hijack local florists business and lie to customers saying they are local. They charge all of these fees that they keep. they do not send the delivery or anything to the local florist. They send your order through wire service companies like FTD and 800 Flowers/Bloomnet and get paid 27% of the subtotal. An example would be this. flowers $39.99 delivery $9.99 sales fee $9.99 handling fee $5.00 the only amount they wire out to the local florist i $39.99. they are ripping you off and devaluing your order. they lie and promise early delivery and charge extra for it, which thy keep!!! They give no refunds regardless of anything!!! Crooks They hire phone centers out of the country and none of these know anything about flowers. call a local florist always. When you are on google and search florist and where it is going, do not! hit the ads above, they are all scam companies. scroll down and click the ones that are local with a local address and phone number. its less cost and better quality. companies like this are ruining the flower industry. These companies as ell as FTD, Teleflora and 800 flowers Bloomnet have put a lot of florists out of business. Flowers are expensive and even for the florist. They are a luxury and the prices they charge you on here are a lie!!! this is why most florist wont fill their orders. Florists cannot fill them and cover their flower costs and cannot make any profit after they devalue this order and the wire service companies outrageous fees. Please educate yourself and do not call these online companies. Always a local florist You will be so glad you did!!!

Brenda

August 29th, 2016 Washington, DC

AWFUL!! Cannot reach anyone on the phone. Flowers not delivered - now 6 hours late and counting. Would not recommend this florist EVER.

Maria

August 29th, 2016 North Providence, RI

I hold Avias flowers fully responsible for training their customers service to lie, lie, lie. That's my experience when I ordered their miserable hot wilted flowers and than tried to return them just to get a worst bunch. This company undermines human decency and integrity of the people they employ. They may get away with it now, but it will catch up to them.

Suzanne Viele

August 28th, 2016 Frenchtown, NJ

I ordered a $240 funeral arrangement ... what was delivered was nothing like what was shown online. I understand the need to 'substitute', but it should look fairly similar. The color scheme was very different as well as a lack of fullness (I ordered the deluxe version which is what was pictured). Suffice it to say, I was very disappointed. When I sent an email to customer service, what I got was an apology and a $20 online credit for future use. Really?, do they think I would use them again? "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". I was essentially stuck with what they delivered since the memorial service was occurring in a few hours ...

Sue

August 19th, 2016 Lawrence, KS

Sounds like everyone else that has ordered from this awful company is having as many problems as I have. I ordered flowers a day in advance online, then on the day of delivery they emailed me to contact them...I did, going through their prompts twice because they disconnected me the first time. Apparently, the florist didn't have the same color of flowers of the basket of flowers that I ordered so they asked if I would approve flowers that they did have. I said yes, that was fine.....Oh, but that will cost an additional $20 in delivery charges above and beyond the $14.00 I had already paid in service charges. So you're charging me $20 more to send flowers that are your mistake? I told them that their website said "free delivery" all over their home page, but I was actually paying $34. I refused, so we'll see if I have problems with a refund. I used a local florist that was nice enough to do a last minute delivery that day. I'll never ever ever use this site again. Sounds like everyone else feels the same way. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!!!

Robin Peregoy

August 13th, 2016 Arlington, VA

6 names on the card and 4 was incorrect

Gayle

August 6th, 2016 Honolulu, HI

I made an order for a special occasion 4 days in advance. On the delivery date I was notified by email that my bouquet could not be delivered. This was an important delivery to a client. I was extremely disappointed. Customer Service Representative, Edgar was the only saving grace. He was extremely apologetic and tried to remedy the situation but without luck. He was courteous and very helpful. Otherwise, though, I thought that a 4 day window would be sufficient so that I could be notified that I should make an order elsewhere, or perhaps modify my order so that it could be fulfilled on time.

Sahil Suy-Saran

August 5th, 2016 Rochester, NY

This company has no value. Morals. Or understanding of the consumers needs. They are slow in response. They lied to get the sale and made excuses later. They don't care about anything but money i spent hundreds of dollars on trash.

Marie Garza

July 30th, 2016 Santa Cruz, CA

They are horrible. Delivered to my daughter who just had baby horrible ugly floral arrangement. Then wouldnt correct it. Then called me 2 hours later. Daid would deliver next day the correct beautiful floral arrangement I ordered. They went took her ugly arrangement back and gave her a smaller and still not the floral arrangement I ordered . And smaller. I am so embarrassed. Mean uncaring people. Just not all customer service quarantee as it states. They show the pictures but send something they throw together and call ot to value. Horrible business.

Catherine

July 28th, 2016 Lawrence, MA

A close friend of mine passed away a few days ago and for the wake (this Friday) I wanted to send a bouquet of flowers to the funeral home. I no longer live near this friend and I am unable to make it to the wake, so I researched some local companies that would be able to fulfill a nice flower arrangement and timely deliver. I found Ava Flowers online and decided to order from them. No more than 2 hours after the order, I received an email and text requesting that I call them due to an URGENT matter. I called the company and the first representative I spoke with seemed to have no idea why I was being told to call. After several minutes on hold, I'm finally told that the order cannot be fulfilled and I would need to pay an additional $40 to use a different company or arrangement or they would just send a fruit basket to the family instead. I requested a refund because, after reading the full obituary, I realized donations in lieu of flowers was a much better idea. After arguing with him, I was told to call back in 5 minutes. When I called back, another representative answered. After explaining what the first one had said to me, she stated that she didn't believe he worked for the company and that they would never offer me those options, then proceeded to give me more options and told me that she had personally contacting the funeral home and was assured flower arrangements were still being taken. I requested, yet again, a refund since the order could not be fulfilled and no action had been taken yet to create the order, and was told I was being transferred to a supervisor. After 10 minutes on hold, the hold music stopped and demanded I schedule a call back. I called the company again and spoke with ANOTHER rep, again, and demanded to speak with a supervisor, only to be put on hold for another 15 minutes and to have the same message kick in. I called back twice more with similar results, except this time, I was actually hung up on. Finally, I decided to call my bank and dispute the charge. Thankfully, my bank was able to dispute the charge and refund my money after contacting the company. Minutes after I get off the phone with my bank, Ava's calls me back to let me know that they are waiting for a phone call from my bank to notify them of the dispute (which already happened as they were clearly notified if they knew about it). This was absolutely the worst company to deal with. I never thought I would need to read reviews for a flower company in my life and I have officially learned my lesson. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Completely incompetent people with poor communication skills who have absolutely no understanding of how a company should run. Do no use this company unless you have some pent up rage you're ready to get out by fighting with some of the most narrow-minded and daft beings on this planet.

Lisa

July 26th, 2016 Worcester, MA

Do not order from this company! I had a horrendous experience today and after seeing all of the negative reviews online and the BBB, I wished I had checked before giving them a chance. I received a plant and it was very poor quality for the $60 I spent. Carol at the office kept arguing and saying her "designer approved it" and they all thought it was beautiful, and she was laughing at me on the telephone and would not follow through on their policy to exchange the product. Their customer service is the lowest of the low. Shame on them! They should not be in business. Please read all of the reviews online before you give them any business.

Cindy Black

July 25th, 2016 Hemet, CA

As soon as I placed the order, they called me to "discuss" my order. When I called back they said they did not have the item I ordered in the small size, I needed to upgrade to the largest size, and they needed to charge me an extra $15. I told them, "No," and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money. They insisted that they would find me a better deal. They left me on hold 2 more times and came back with the same deal - an upgrade that would cost an extra $15. I insisted that they cancel and refund my money, and they hung up on me!!!! I called back 3 more times, waited on hold, and told them to cancel my order and refund my money. One time they lied and said the designer was already working on my flowers, even though they were not going to be delivered for 2 more weeks. I told them it was obviously a lie, and they hung up on me. They hung up on me each time I called back and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money. I sent them an email asking them to cancel my order and refund my money. They never answered, never cancelled or refunded. When I read the reviews, I saw that they pulled this "extra money" scam on every customer. Horrible business!!!! Don't buy from them!!!!!!

Catherine Chapman

July 19th, 2016 Baltimore, MD

This company is very misleading on their website. It is not a local florist anywhere but a wire service. I was totally lied to and the order that was delivered was not what was ordered and paid for. The order was returned to the local florist that delivered. They told us that they have a lot of trouble and complaints with Avas Flowers This happened at Mother Day of 2016.

Karen

July 5th, 2016 Dothan, AL

We paid $125 for a "LARGE" vase of flowers to be delivered to our daughter for her 25th birthday. We saw them this weekend when we visited her. They were horrible. It looked like something I would put together buying grocery store flowers for $14.99. Unbelievable - and embarrassing for us that this is what she received in front of her co-workers from her parents for her birthday. Very very dissatisfied with this company !!!

Denise

July 5th, 2016 Wahoo, NE

Ordered a Medium size, meat and cheese gourmet basket for over 75.00. What was delivered was 3 apples, 2 oranges, 1pair,1grapefruit a package of goldfish crackers, vending machine PB cracker, Milano cookie. Where the meat and cheese!!!

Linda Rossi

June 30th, 2016

very poor product that constitutes false advertising! Don't buy from there. I bought a "large premium" bouquet and they sent a small vas with 5 stems and claimed that is the LARGE PREMIUM BOUQUET

JaNae Smith

June 28th, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

The flowers were not delivered on my mother's birthday as requested, and they did not call regarding reschedule. My mother was home and waiting for the flowers so they must have had the wrong address if they really attempted delivery at all. They did not call me or any other number on file to call for problems. Also, once finally delivered 2 days later, the arrangement was nothing near what I ordered. They would not refund the money either saying I approved a 'designer choice' arrangement when I never approved this. I am beyond upset that my mother's 60th birthday did not turn out the way I wanted.

Loren

June 13th, 2016 Hampton, VA

Flower arrangement delivered wasn't what I ordered and didn't match the description of the arrangement. Consumer service didn't stand behind the arrangement. Will not recommend this company.

LoriRow

May 12th, 2016 Palm Bay, FL

On May 3, I ordered flowers for my mom on Mother's Day. I wanted then delivered early to insure they would get there because it means a lot to my mother. They were supposed to come Friday the 6 but by Saturday and Sunday I spent hours trying to find out what happened to the flowers. First, they couldn't find my order. I called my credit card which confirmed they were paid May 4th. Finally someone found my order and told me they would be delivered that day, Mothers Day. That night I got a call from my mom, still no flowers. I tried to call but it kept going into a voice mail. I left messages with no return calls. I finally got someone on Facebook that found the order but told me the florist was gone for the day. The next day, after Mother's Day, I got a FB message telling me the florist never got the order and I can either have it delivered late or cancel the order. Really? Hours of calling ruining my Mother's Day and my moms and she can either get late flowers or cancel? No discount, no coupon, no nothing! Horrible customer service. Of course I cancelled because they are not getting a dime of my money!

Scott

May 12th, 2016 Arvada, CO

Stay away! Avas Flowers is a straight up scam. I paid $70 for Mothers Day flowers 4 days in advance, and they simply did not deliver. They sent an email apology claiming that they had issued a refund - but there was no refund two days later. These people are thieves, and they ruin the most important holidays for those they sucker in by pretending to be able to deliver flowers in whatever town you search for. They are in New Jersey, not wherever you want flowers delivered. Crooks, pure and simple. They need to be destroyed and shut down.

Amber

May 12th, 2016 North Hollywood, CA

2 HOURS LATE. WRONG ORDER - HALF OF WHAT WAS ORDERED SHOWED UP. WRONG VASE COLOR ARRANGEMENT. LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THE PHOTO AND WOULD NOT OFFER ANY LEVEL OF REFUND. CUSTOMER SERVICE HORRIBLE. ONLINE E-MAILS AND BY PHONE. They even had the nerve to tell me I was wrong. That it looked just like the photo. IT DID NOT. I took pictures and supplied the images. They were rude and I wasted my money. So disappointed. I tried t post on their website - not able to. They make it look like it is a great purchase and they are so misleading. DON'T ORDER THROUGH THEM.

Rod Schurman

May 12th, 2016 Fremont, CA

Ava's Flowers is the worst service company I have ever dealt with. Everyone makes mistakes, things happen, but to be lied to repeatedly, repeated promises of fulfilling the order only to eventually have the order canceled without explanation is totally unacceptable. I intend to repost this in multiple places for at least the next year around any holiday that may involve flowers. Here is my story. My sister recommended Ava's Flowers since they had successfully delivered flowers to my mother several times in the past. Saturday morning I place an order for delivery on Mother's Day, the next day (order #3180788). I am advised that due to the holiday the order may not be delivered until Monday. That's fine, no issue, I was late in placing the order. Later that day I check on the order status and am surprised to learn it will be delivered that day, Saturday. Cool! At 6:30 pm I check again and am informed the flowers should have been delivered but the driver has not confirmed delivery yet. Great, I think. At 10:30 on Sunday I receive an email that my delivery date has been changed to Tuesday. What? That's weird, not catastrophic since my mom's birthday is Wednesday, so all good, but I call customer service to find out what happened. Eventually the customer service guy apologizes for the mis-information and tells me the flowers will be delivered on Sunday. Great, thanks I tell him. Sunday comes and goes, no flowers delievered. Monday I get a call from another person who apologizes for the flowers not being delivered and promises that not only will the flowers be delivered Tuesday, but they will make them bigger and better than what I ordered. Great, thanks, just make it happen, I tell the lady. Late Tuesday I get an email that my order has been canceled and my money has been refunded (maybe they just refunded my my order? Nope.). Wednesday I call my mom and wish her a Happy Birthday and learn that no flowers have been delivered. I can understand delays around holidays, but to have been lied to three times with no valid explanation as to what happened is totally unacceptable. No one in my family will ever order from Ava's Flowers again, and I strongly urge my friends and theirs to never order flowers from them as well.

Dianne Combs

March 14th, 2016 Fayetteville, NC

Flowers ordered for funeral total $133. Ordered a banner a bow and a large arrangement on a stand. Received wilted small basket! They are claiming I did not notify them within the 24 hour window. I returned to them the email I sent the next day after the funeral. Very unhappy with the flowers and customer service.

Carol

March 14th, 2016 Liberal, KS

They bost "local" (McPherson, KS) but are not. They say no delivery charge but after you put in your credit card info they add in a handling fee. So I called the 1-855 number was was met with nasty attitude, the worst unprofessionalism I have ever seen! All I wanted to do was order some flowers for a loved one and now I am stressed, upset, angry and still haven't got flowers in ordered.

Angel V.

February 25th, 2016 Wesley Chapel, FL

⚠ WARNING: HORRIBLE FLOWERS ⚠ Avas Flowers - Nipomo, CA Order #2893025 with a delivery date of 02/12/2016. I placed this floral order with a family owned business because I want to support small businesses and thought a small family owned business would put thought and effort into the arrangement I ordered for my sister on her birthday (which also happens to be Valentine's day). I asked and paid for their largest floral arrangement with hydrangea and roses. Was I in for a horrible shock when my sister sent me a photo of what was actually sent by this florist. What was actually sent by this florist were 4 very small roses with 2 hydrangea. There was an orange on her desk that was almost just as big as the arrangement designed by this florist. NEVER EVER will I do business with Avas Flowers again. Good luck on speaking with anyone regarding an order already placed. They only answer the phone if you are placing an order. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE with your business! ⚠ WARNING ⚠ DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH AVAS FLOWERS!

[email protected]

January 6th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

Ordered Xmas Centerpiece premium. Avas delivered a very small poor quality arrangement. Customer service very poor,oly want to give $20 credit for next order. I will never use them again.