Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.9
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.4
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.0

Daniel Oliver

January 16th, 2017

I am very unsatisfied with their business. The flowers showed up 6 hours late, they weren't delivered to the correct address and they DID NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE PICTURE. NOT EVEN CLOSE! I will never ever do business with avasflowers again and I will make it my personal goal to make sure everyone on this earth knows how terrible your service and products are. This is completely unethical and terrible business practices. Unbelievable that a business can flat out lie like this.

Michelle york

January 16th, 2017 West Chester, OH

Deeply dissatisfied with this company. Was promised a service which was pricey and they failed to deliver when promised. They called me the day of delivery and asked for 10 dollars extra to get them there. I asked for a refund and was told I could get a credit. Very disruptive to my day. Ruined the gift I planned for my daughter in law and her new baby. Will never make this mistake again and use Ava's. I will be filing BBB complaint and a dispute with credit card company.

Adam

January 16th, 2017

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEIR FRAUDS. I GOOGLED LOCAL FLORIST BECAUSE I LIVE OUT OF STATE. FIRST OFF THATS A LIE.. THEIR AN IN BETWEEN COMPANY. THEY SENT OUT SOMETHING A CHILD WOULD HAVE MADE IN KINDERGARTEN FOR THEIR PARENTS FOR $55. DO DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I CALLED TO COMPLAIN AND THY SAID TO BAD SO SAD FOR ME!!!!!!

David Colvin

January 16th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

I ordered a $195 Anniversary arrangement from Avas Flowers to be delivered on our anniversary. Paid extra for expedited delivery and Mylar balloons. Flowers arrived over 3 hours late with no balloons. Quality was extremely poor and apparently designed by a rank amateur. After repeated attempts and threats to their apparent Pakistani call center, Avas did replace 5 days later but was like pulling teeth as the best they were willing to do before replacing was knock off $40 which barely covered the expedited delivery and missing Mylar balloon costs. New arrangement was better than the first but still inferior. Appeared very much like a mid-grade $39 supermarket arrangement. I should have read reviews first.

K Thor

January 16th, 2017 Long Island City, NY

I placed a same day order for flowers for my mother's 60th birthday. Over seven hours after the order was confirmed I received an email that the order wouldn't be delivered until the following day, leaving me no time to make alternate arrangements. I called the customer service number provided only to be disconnected after holding for ten minutes- this happened twice. I spent thirty minutes on the phone after finally reaching someone, being put on hold again, transferred to new people unfamiliar with the issue, etc. The best solution they could offer after was a measly 10% off my order and a variety of excuses about why the order wasn't fulfilled as promised - including that the local florist wanted more money for the arrangement I purchased and wouldn't do the order. Terrible company, and obvious from the mechanical responses of customer service that this sort of thing happens all the time. Take your business elsewhere.

KEVIN STEFFENS

January 16th, 2017

Not a mom and pop shod. poor service, long hold times into a call center

From Canada

January 16th, 2017

Paid $250.00 for flowers that were dead or dying. Prepared to refund 50% only. False advertising and Terrible customer service.

Melinda Duval

January 16th, 2017 Canton, GA

Results do not equate to the pictured product. Customer service is a joke with automated responses. The arrangement appeared to be a $20 bunch of flowers in a dirty cloudy vase without a ribbon or bow. The arrangement was not semetrical or professional at all!

Diane Gibson

January 16th, 2017 Tracy, CA

Was to have been the recipient of 2 dozen red and white carnations with Christmas greenery in a red vase. Ava's confirmed to the sender that the gift was delivered on Monday,12/20/16. They were not delivered. Ava's had a replacement deliver sent from a local Modesto florist on Tuesday, 12/21. I received 16 roses with berries.and greenery. The white roses were starting to brown and within 24 hours the rose heads were bent over. The red blooms were partially open when received. At 7:30 pm on Thursday, 12/23 my original Christmas bouquet order arrived. The carnations were bound so tight that the carnations were crushed, The white ones were brown after no water for at least 5 days, There was no greenery of any type and my red vase was purple that clashed horribly with what was left of the red carnations. I give Ava's credit for trying to make the order good even though the replacement bouquet from their local contact was definitely old stock. Their own quality control is also at issue. Even if the order was received on time, what was received was not what was ordered with both bouquets being a disappointment to receive.

Brendon Christy

January 16th, 2017 Eudora, KS

Ordered a bouquet of Gerber Daises for my wife. When flowers were delivered they were dead. I called into Avas Flowers to let them know and ask for a refund. They told me the would just re-deliver, however I explained to them that my wife got dead flowers the experience was already ruined and that I wanted a full refund. After 15 minutes on hold to speak with a supervisor, and 10 minutes of a very frustrating conversation the supervisor (Dania) informed me that they would only do a refund less fees and delivery charges. I told her they chose the delivery method and set the fees and I wanted a full refund, she said it isn't their policy to do that. When I asked to speak with someone who could issue a full refund and make that decision she informed me she was the supervisor and they would only do a partial refund. NEVER do business with this company. They simply don't get what it is to stand not only behind the product, but also the client experience. Customer beware!

Joanne gustafson

January 16th, 2017 Laconia, NH

Received roses for my birthday. The temperature was 22 degrees. I was not home and they were left on my porch for 5 hours. They froze. I called Avas and they sent replacement flowers the next day. They really stand behind their quarettee. Great customer service !

Christina Monaco

January 16th, 2017 Ballwin, MO

Ordered balloons on 1/10 and now it is 1/12...still no balloons. Customer service was not listening. Their employee made a mistake and the management was not accountable. Did not get a full refund. I will make sure never to use them again!

Lyn

January 16th, 2017 Storrs Mansfield, CT

I ordered a get well arrangement that I selected from an online site of photos Ava's had posted. I had the opportunity to see the flowers and I was so embarrassed I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The vase was half filled, despite the fact that I had paid extra for the the larger size, and there were mostly wilted greens plus one huge open almost dead yellow rose and some wilted fallen over mums. I totally understand their site said substitutions were allowed and necessary but they never said dead was also included as a substitute. The quality was beyond horrible had they sent artificial it would have been better. I wrote to them stating my disappointment and sent a photo of the flowers that were sent vs what was selected and they of course refused to do nothing and simply reminded me of their substitution policy. Online they posted the importance of customer satisfaction and the value of this to their business. Never were more false words spoken. I was the fool for not reading all the negative reviews that have been posted about this "florist". I have to honestly say having read them now, they are all true and I would have saved a lot of embarrassment and money. Please do not use this florist for any reason. Save yourself looking like a cheapskate who paid .99 for flowers.

K Cook

January 16th, 2017 Waterloo, IA

Flowers were not delivered on day they promised and then they said the flowers died before the next day so they had to deliver a different arrangement. I said I wanted to cancel my order within the 24 hour window but they promised me a $20 refund to my credit card if I would accept the substitute. I should have known better... because no refund was ever issued and when I called and spoke to them about it I had extremely rude service from Dorothy who said she was a supervisor. She told me that John (the supervisor who promised me the refund) issued me store credit and there was nothing they could do about it even though I very specifically asked if it would go on my credit card. She acknowledge he made a mistake but she refused to do anything about it. Stay away from Ava's flowers. This is the second bad experience I have had - I should have learned the first time.

ozzie mandus

January 11th, 2017

This is a very sophisticated scam operation. Not a local florist. CEO is Matthew Neuenhaus . . . actual name of company is Flower Tech Inc. avasflowers is a sophisticated internet scam. This company is not a “local” family florist, it is an internet "sales" boiler room and warehouse, whose owner, Matthew Neuenhaus, is based at 300 corporate drive, Mahwah, NJ 07430. Many sales agents who are NOT local to any U.S. location, are actually recruited in Passig City, The Phillippines and Teguicigalpa, Honduras. The company's camouflage website technology lures customers into believing it is a local florist and its phone practices train employees to cement that scam. (See yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/avasflowers-mahwah-2?hrid=dBACLO4RGmMwaBGwkS7AKQ) florist detective gives this company an "f" rating.

Melissa Webber

January 9th, 2017 Dallas, TX

I will never use Avas Flowers again! I order a large premium bouquet for $100 and received a small bouquet that I could have picked up at a local grocery store. I sent pictures through their customer service and would at least have hoped for them to send a better bouquet but that . This is what they replied: We regret that you were unhappy with the receipt of your order. After reviewing your beautiful photo, and reviewing the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly. Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description as well as our Substitution Policies. I have attached a copy of Our Substitution Policy for your viewing. **Item pictured is a depiction of an arrangement that we will make as similar as possible with the same look and feel**

Elizabeth Dietz

January 9th, 2017 Auburn, CA

I placed an order today for a friend. She has been home all day. The flowers were never delivered even though I got an email and text delivery confirmation. I called the company to ask. They said no one was home (not possible). I asked if they could send the delivery truck again because they said it was delivered at 3:01. My bill says they will deliver before 7pm. They said everyone already went home for the day and the shop was now closed. Then the person on the phone hung up on me. I called back. This time the customer service person yelled at me. I asked to speak to a manger. The manager was even worse. Yelling at me and saying my friend was lying and was not home. I asked if someone could pick up the flowers. He said everyone had already gone home for the day (it was not even 6:00pm yet) I asked for a partical refund....again no. I told them I wanted to cancel my order. He said he could cancel my order but they would keep the flowers and I would only get $20 of the $64 I spent back. Then he also hung up on me. I have never had such a terrible experience with a business.

DougAndJennifer Johns

January 5th, 2017

Ordered a funeral arrangement, it was not delivered. The funeral has been over a week now and spent several hours on hold today trying to get a refund. At first they said they didn't have the product and wanted us select a different arrangement, then wanted us to select a fruit basket (for a funeral that happened over a week ago???). Avas Flowers eventually refused to give a full refund and their final excuse was "we have already made the floral arrangement and couldn't deliver it because the card wasn't signed".

Sarah Welkers

January 5th, 2017

First time using Avas Flowers. Never again. Desperately needed these flowers for personal reasons for a close friend. Paid extra to have them delivered before the 1pm time frame the next day. They were never delivered. Spent over 2 hours on the phone, waiting on hold for extremely long periods of time. Was promised (despite the fact that the flowers would no longer be relevant and the surprise had been ruined when I had to ask my friend if she had received them) they were promised to be delivered the next day by 3:30pm. They were never delivered. I spent a total of 2 more hours on the phone. I e-mail and did not receive a response. I was told on the phone multiple times the designer and driver could not be reached. When asked why I wouldn't be receiving some type of refund, all that could be offered was a store credit (even after asking to speak to a supervisor or manager). Store credit for a place I never wish to work with again. I do not have $70 to just waste on flowers, however, I felt it was appropriate due to the circumstances to spend that much. Although I am being told they will be delivered tomorrow, who knows, and at this point, this has been such a disappointment and nightmare, I hope no one turns to Avas flowers for their needs. This has been the biggest let down and I am heartbroken.

Gin Lawson

January 5th, 2017

If I could give them zero stars, I would. I ordered a funeral wreath the same day my grandmother passed away. The funeral was scheduled for Saturday, and I ordered the flowers on Monday. Ava's Flowers charged me an expedite fee, $9.99. During a customer service call regarding other mistakes with the order, I asked how far in advance flowers need to be ordered to avoid an expedite fee. Ava's Flowers acknowledged the error and sent a revised invoice. The new invoice amount was actually higher than the original amount billed -- after the supposed $9.99 credit. How does that happen? When I called back about the new invoice amount, the customer service person was rude, belligerent, and kept interrupting both my husband and me as we tried to get clarification about the new invoice amount. Keep in mind, this is after multiple calls to correct other mistakes, such as getting the message on the card wrong, and getting the recipient's name wrong. In addition, Ava's florist nickled and dimed me for everything possible, such as $3.99 to include a message with the flowers, $4.99 for a bow on the funeral wreath, and a $13.99 service fee (this fee mysteriously appeared on the final invoice, which is why the invoice amount increased, even though I had received a $9.99 credit! Save yourself the hassle. Don't do business with this company! Beware! This corporate conglomerate does not care about your loved ones. Buy local and support local shops and businesses. Ava's Flowers were not a local shop, even though it claims to be when you do a Google search. If you don't believe me, try it. No matter what town you search, Ava's will show up as a "local shop." Don't believe it! They take your order, and then subcontract with a local supplier. In fact if you ask, most reputable florists refuse to work with Ava's to fulfill orders. In the future, I will use Yelp to ensure that I am indeed working with a reputable, local florist with a brick and mortar storefront.

Lisa Douthit-Williams

January 4th, 2017 Pine Bluff, AR

I ordered a deluxe blissfully PINK bouquet for same day delivery. The order was not received until the NEXT DAY, in the AFTERNOON! When I found out which florist in my area they sent my order to, I called them. The owner read to me the order Ava's Flowers sent to him, it stated "DESIGNERS CHOICE for $39." I paid over $80 for this arrangement and I didn't even receive what I ordered. The flowers I received were a CHRISTMAS mixture of red, white, and gold flowers.......seriously?! Christmas is over!!! When I requested a refund they told me they were not able to process that because they couldn't reach the florist who filled the order, that is BS bc I've been talking to him and he said no one has tried to reach out to him since he received my order. It's not his fault since they didn't even send him the correct order to fill!!!!!! I will NEVER order from this place again, and I wish I had read reviews before wasting my money!!!!!!

Linda

January 4th, 2017 Catasauqua, PA

They sent the totally wrong bouquet as a gift and if we wanted to receive a refund, they said they would have to go to the house and pick the flowers up from the person who received them a week earlier. NEVER USE THEM.

Kaylyn Bower

January 4th, 2017 Saint Paul, MN

The customer service hangs up on you. Since they are a third party they can not garrentee you will get your order. They refuse to cancel the order. They have paid to take their BBB rating of a F off of Google search.

F M

January 4th, 2017 Simpsonville, SC

Ordered funeral arrangement and paid extra for holiday delivery. Flowers did not deliver. Got. Orification 30 minutes after funeral began. They offed to deliver to a home address later or a fruit basket. Neither was appropriate. Embarrassed!!!! My son in law's mom funeral. Will get a refund but damage done. They assured me of delivery 1 hour before service. Made excuse they were to busy to complete order because of holiday. Sad. Poor business practices.

Karis Strannemar

December 26th, 2016

Not a very Merry Christmas !I chose Ava's as I thought they were local. The website said "Coppell, TX Same Day Flower Delivery, Shop & Order Today!'. They are in New Jersey. It also said I had 35 minutes left to order, which I assumed I would be able to get a Christmas delivery. The 35 minutes part is still flashing and it's Christmas morning. I called customer service on the 24th, as the flowers should have been delivered on the 23rd. The answer was " oh yeah, let me check with that designer " and then the CSR said " it will be delivered today ( Christmas Eve). Nothing has been delivered. I spent sixty dollars on an arrangement for Christmas Day and nothing happened.No one called or emailed to say they were not able to deliver. It's sad. I do this every year because I can't be at my sister's.I am not sure how these people are still in business.

Kaitlin Fleming

December 26th, 2016 Amarillo, TX

I am getting married. I ordered flowers w/ message asking my sister to be my MOH, no message and I paid for it. They wrote her address on the greeting card. The flowers looked awful compared to online. I'm so sad this was taken away from me because of their screw up And I paid almost 100 dollars! Never again with this company.

Sean Michael

December 26th, 2016 Glenside, PA

Promised delivery on the Saturday before Christmas. The flowers were purchased by the team for our boss. The sales man promised the delivery would take place on time. He checked with the driver and used the phrase 150% guarentee it would be on time. The order arrived on Monday December 26 at 2pm, over 48 hours later than "guaranteed " Never again. Customer service was no help either, offered me $8 back and 10 credit. Credit to use in your lousy store? No thanks.

Lee

December 24th, 2016

Horrible experience. Ordered an advertised seasonal arrangement (over $106 charged) for friends grieving the loss of a loved one. Avas Flowers claimed their "designers are off" and wanted to substitute. I asked if the designers would be in several days later and was told "yes" and was told they could deliver the arrangement at that time. Found out by calling Avas the day AFTER the arrangement was to be delivered it never arrived. Again they tried to change the order. Ad STILL shows availability and SAME DAY delivery of the item I ordered. Left a message with Customer Service to talk with the owner. NO response. Requested a refund. NO response. Will NEVER use again. Will NEVER recommend. Will continue to purse my refund.

Elizabeth Brooks

December 20th, 2016

My precious Aunt passed away. I specifically wanted to order a gourmet basket for the family. I asked for specific items. They gave us nothing we asked for. The fruit consisted of 6 apples and one orange. They gave me no meat or cheese which I specifically requested. Customer service was rude, hung up on me and I let them know I was going to save other people from being scammed. Never use this company! NEVER!

BREANNA L REID

December 20th, 2016

Did not get my flowers expensive and no one answers the phone

Blazen Trails

December 15th, 2016

Worst experience i have had with florist. Ordered for moms b day,, never showed, had to ruin suprise, horrid customer service,,, order from any place other then here

Adrienne Taylor

December 9th, 2016

Please save yourself headaches and a million confusing phone calls, texts and emails. I ordered 2 plants a few days before a funeral. They never made it. 1 got sent to a house. I asked for a credit for the other one. The refunded everything but $13.95. Processing fee! They should have paid me for the Hours I spent trying to figure out my order. Run. Run fast.

Nick

December 7th, 2016

Ordered my wife some flowers for her birthday and they were never delivered. Terrible customer service.

Stephanie

December 3rd, 2016 Denville, NJ

I ordered the zen orchid on 2 separate occations. The first plant was completely white, large stem and large flowers. The second plant was small, short stem, and white with pink center. I called their customer service and the stated that it was the only "type"of orchid available from their greenhouse. They offered a 10% refund and. 20$ voucher for my next purchase. I will NEVER order from them again. BUYER BEWARE!

deborah boyle

December 1st, 2016 Saint Paul, MN

I cannot even find the right words to express how infuriated and disgusted I am with Ava's Flowers.Let me start from the beginning. Isent an arrangement to my daughter's house be used as the centerpiece for our Thanksgiving table on Friday, 11/25/16. Oncethe arrangement arrived, my daughter and I both realized the quality was atrocious. The flowers were not fresh, it was mostly daisy and carnations (not the roses and lilies that were pictured) and there was one baby blue and one lavender candle. Not only did the candles not match, but they were pastel - hardly appropriate for a fall arrangement! There was one lone white rose. It was painfully obvious that the florist just took whatever scraps that were lying around after the holiday to create this monstrosity. I am including a picture of what was ordered vs. what was sent. We immediately called Ava's and explained the situation. The gentleman my daughter spoke with assured us that he would send the florist out to pick up the arrangement right away and we would receive a full credit. Fast forward to Saturday morning, the wilting arrangement was still at my daughter's house. We called Ava's Flowers again and were told that the flowers were not picked up because they were deemed "suitable." Between me and my daughter, we spent upwards of FOUR HOURS on the phone with your company on Saturday. We were offered everything between a $10 store credit to a new, "bigger and better arrangement." We repeatedly asked to speak to a manager. At least ten times were put on hold for a member of the "executive team" only to be disconnected after a few minutes. On FOUR different occasions we opted for a call back at a later time and did not ONCE receive a call back. At this point, my daughter turned to social media and posted a review on Ava's Flowers Facebook page including a photo of what was ordered vs. what was sent. Numerous people commented on the poor quality of the product. Someone from the company did leave a comment asking my daughter to send a personal message with the order number so the problem could be rectified. She sent the personal message over four days ago and has yet to receive a response. The flowers didn't even last 2 days. My daughter posted a follow-up picture on Ava's Flowers Facebook page showing how much the flowers were wilted on day #3. My daughter called Ava's Flowers company yet again on Tuesday in an effort to speak with a manager. The first time I talked to Neal and he assured her that she would not be disconnected and would in fact get to speak with a member of the "executive team." She waited on hold for approximately 10 minutes and then the call was disconnected. She immediately called back and spoke with Jose. He once again gave her the runaround and refused to either #1 refund the order or #2 connect her directly with a manager. She was once again placed on hold. She then chose the option for a return call between 1:30-2pm. that call has also not been returned. My daughter sent an email on both of our behalves to [email protected] on Tuesday evening and Keisha N has been nothing but rude. She will not converse with my daughter, but insists she will only speak with the customer (me). I immediately sent her a follow-up email and she still refuses to discuss the situation saying it "can only be done over the phone," yet she will not call me or give her a direct number in which to contact her. In all, we have spent at least 8-9 hours trying to get this problem corrected, been hung up on upwards of 15 times and not received the return phone call I was promised five times. I STILL have not been able to get in contact with any member of management. They are crooks!

Winter Swol

November 30th, 2016 Charlotte, NC

Ordered flowers for a funeral. The flowers were not delivered yet when I called for a refund I was given a runaround as they were not able to immediately locate their driver to confirm - even though they had sent an email notifying that they were having to reschedule the delivery and the status of the order STILL says that it is being rescheduled for delivery - rather difficult to reschedule a funeral. I attempted to use their email to report the issue to get it resolved. I received an email to call them instead. Person on the phone could not refund, so I asked to speak to a manager. He refused and told me that if I would not listen to him then I should just call back later.

Demi

November 29th, 2016 Boise, ID

The worst service I've ever had in my life. The floorist said they were unable to deliver to a hospital, no one from Ava's company thought it was necessary to communicate that information to me for five days. I called customer service twice in that time period to find out what the problem was and no one told me until the final day I called. Finally I just insisted on a refund, because my friend has been in the hospital for five days and will hopefully go home soon. even after all this mess the customer service representative was rude and unhelpful, after fighting me about the refund for 10+ minutes she reluctantly gave me back only 1/2 of my money so I paid $30 for absoutley NOTHING except a headache and a big waste of my time! I will tell everyone I know not to use this company!

Clara Padelford

November 28th, 2016 Miami, FL

Ordered a bouquet with a yellow balloon for my mother in law. The bouquet that was delivered looks absolutely NOTHING like the picture of the one I picked, and the balloon I ordered arrived orange instead of yellow as I requested. I paid over $54.00 total for this arrangement and they are only offering a $10.00 store credit, which is beyond insulting. Never again!!

Marie

November 24th, 2016

This is the second time Avis has dropped the ball. In July my boyfriend ordered flowers for me for my birthday and now for thanksgiving the same thing. The bouquets were $100 . They weren't delivered on time nor were they the right flowers. And when we contacted them they just gave us the run around and tried giving us store credit. No we want our money back. We will never go through Avis again. So we ended up having to go through our credit card company for the refund.

jq

November 22nd, 2016 North Richland Hills, TX

I ordered a birthday floral arrangement on 11/9 for delivery on 11/10. No delivery or phone calls received. I called on 11/17 and rescheduled delivery for 11/21. Again no delivery or phone call. When I tried to call and cancel, rep said the best he could do was 11/22 delivery. When I said I wanted to cancel, he put me on hold for a supervisor and after about four minutes, the hold system hung up on me. I have disputed the charge on my credit card. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Barry Beaver

November 21st, 2016

Worst company they are so over priced and hidden fees. Delivery fees are way overpriced pitiful

Joanne Perry Burger

November 18th, 2016 Naples, FL

Ordered arrangement for sisters 60th birthday...what she got was a "wilted pseudo version" of what they advertise. BUYER BEWARE...you do not "get what you pay for here...stay away, far way!

misy

November 14th, 2016 Lawrence, MA

I ordered flowers for my aunt's wake. They were delivered an hour and a half after the wake ended. $132 for sending flowers to an empty funeral home!

Mitch

November 11th, 2016

Horrible! Promised to deliver 2 dozen ridden and tried to deliver 10 the day after the promised delivery date. Do not buy from Ava's!

Kaye

November 11th, 2016 San Mateo, CA

This was absolutely the worst service that I have ever received. I ordered flowers for my mothers memorial service and the flowers were 3 and a half hours late, not even the color I ordered or the vase that I paid extra money for. I called the company days leading up the event to confirm my order and to make sure they knew where they were going. The person I was speaking to knew exactly where he was going. Apperantly, he didn't know where to come to the day of the event and went to the wrong location. The flowers were almost dead and so ugly and the deliver was so rude. I called to complain about the service I had received and they would not let me speak to a manager. All the could do was give me 15% and that's so unexceptable. They keep hanging up on me. I don't recommend this horrible business. Don't support this horrible company. All these people are rude and disrepectful. Support a different flower company that gives you the service that you deserve.

Kate Baratki

November 7th, 2016 Englewood, CO

I was extremely disappointed with Ava's flowers. I went online to find a local florist as my sister lives out of state in Minnesota. I definitely should have researched this place sooner- as they are NOT a local florist at all. Of course, they were advertising some flash sale of 45% off all online orders. I ordered online thinking I would get a good deal, but of course there is always some catch and the discount did not apply. I placed my order anyways- hoping to send a beautiful birthday bouquet to my sister. They advertise "same day delivery", and for the price, I assumed this would happen. I was contacted by Ava's flowers- indicating that unfortunately, they would not be able to deliver them the same day, but would deliver them "first thing in the morning". I was disappointed, but agreed. The next afternoon, I received an email that they would deliver them the next available delivery date (which was 2 days later). At 11:00 a.m., I called to check on the status of the delivery. They STILL have not been delivered, but they assure me it will be today. I expressed my disappointment. I will be calling back in a few hours to check and see if they were in fact delivered ( now 3 days past her birthday). If they have not been, I will ATTEMPT to get my money back (which of course they charged my credit card immediately for). So, I have already paid over $70 for flowers that STILL HAVE NOT ARRIVED. I definitely should have done better research on this place. I will never use them again- or any online florist for that matter. I have had way too many bad experiences.

Terri Sajda

October 27th, 2016 Bridgeport, CT

Flowers were left at front door even though there were 2 people home. Delivery person did not knock. Recipient would not have noticed flowers if they had not gone out. My email notification said the flowers were signed for by "Smith". There is no Smith at this house. I am very disappointed with the delivery. If the recipient had not gone out, the flowers would have frozen. Not good.

Neesie

October 24th, 2016 Littleton, CO

I ordered the Premium Pumpkin Bouquet with added purple roses, instead they took out the orange roses and charged me $20.00 more for the purple which came in pink. The arrangement that was received was half the size of the regular sized one and charge me the Premium Price of $76.00, plus the $20.00 extra. When I complained below is the response of the manager, James W. "We regret that you were unhappy with the receipt of your order. After reviewing your beautiful photo, and reviewing the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly. Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description as well as our Substitution Policies. I have attached a copy of Our Substitution Policy for your viewing." **Item pictured is a depiction of an arrangement that we will make as similar as possible with the same look and feel** When I responded, he never responded back. I look at all these sites with 4 and 5 star reviews and they must be fake!

Jamie Danels

October 21st, 2016

They are the worst flower company I have ever dealt with and how they manage to stay in business is beyond me. It definitely is a SCAM!!!!! Buyers Beware!!!!

Jeff Kunkel Jr.

October 20th, 2016 Fairfield, CT

Ordered flowers for my wife on our anniversary at 2:00 to be delivered to our family's house. They were supposed to deliver at 4:00. They stated they attempted delivery at 3:00 which was false. After several attempts to find out where they are, they continued to tell me they were going to be delivered that day. Never happened. They then attempted to deliver the next day and my family members refused the delivery because they were supposed to be there the day before, and we don't even live there - we were just visiting family that day. I then attempted to get a refund and they refused because they said the flowers were delivered and signed for. They said they were signed by my wife - who was 30 miles away at the time. They still have not given me a signed receipt with her name on it. They refuse to give me my money back. I am having them investigated for fraud. Forging someones name on a receipt is not only fraud, but identity theft. They could have avoided all of this by simply giving me a refund - but they are a company that relies on dishonest employees running a fraudulent business.