Avas Flowers Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

7.1

Maria Mazalkova Valley Stream, NY

Horrible experience! Ordered flowers for my daughter’s 21 bday. Flowers delivered didn’t match picture on line: instead of pink/red roses they brought red carnations and white tulips.... I thought it was a mistake. When I called in the customer service told me “ it’s ok”- was very rude, no help, no offered solutions, no apology... Never had such a horrible experience!!!

Becky Saint Charles, MO

I ordered 2 arrangements for a family members wake. I am from out of town and they garunteed me that they would be able to get the order done and have them there berfore the wake started. Come to find out they only delivered one of the arrangements that had been ordered and paid for. Totally unacceptable. I hope they willing refund my money. I would never recommend using them. Their web page shows being rated 5 stars and now seeing the actual consumer rating sites, they apparently have been lying.

CT Silver Spring, MD

Do NOT shop here. They never delivered the flowers, never called to tell me there was a "problem" with the delivery, and NEVER refunded my money. I called countless times and just kept being put on hold. I had to go through my credit card company to get my money back. HORRIBLE service!!! (This is the first negative review I have ever written in my life. They are just that bad.)

Gregory Riverhead, NY

Used Ava’s because they had good reviews on their page (which are phony) and the appeared to be loca (they’re not!). I received no invoice or e-mail confirmation. I had no way of knowing if flowers arrived, & the flowers were not delivered in a vase with clear wrap, they were in a brown box! Just what your wife/girlfriend, etc.., doesn’t want! I will never use them again! They could care less that I was dissatisfied!

Chuck Fanning Honaker, VA

They changed the wording of the card. The note was to read " To my Sexy Lady". Instead, the card read " To my Six Ladies". Needless to say, the phone call I received from my wife made me wish that I not sent anything at all. Also, the card did not even say who the flowers were to go to. When I sent them an email to inform them of the mistake. I have received no response back at all.

Kathleen Reilly Virginia Beach, VA

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with !!! Same day Deliver NOT!!! I ordered the flowers for my mother on Tuesday and as of Wed at 5:00 she still did not receive them. States they are located in College Park MD, and they are based out of NJ and sends the orders to florist in College Park. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Then when calling their 877# only robotic answers and then they hang up...

S Schwartz Valley Village, CA

Please don't waste your time ordering from this florist. My mother is in the hospital and I ordered flowers for her birthday. Paid extra for same day delivery and special handling. They said they delivered, but my mother never got the flowers and the hospital said there was no delivery. The person taking the order misspelled my mother's name, put the wrong room number on the order and failed to send me a receipt for the order. Poor Service!

Mary Ford Alexandria, VA

Complete failure to deliver as promised. I paid for flowers to be sent to my sister for her birthday selecting this business for their claim to deliver same day. I chose an arrangement labeled as available for same day delivery and checked the status of my order multiple times over the day. Two hours before the promised delivery time, I was told they would not make the deadline.

Rachel Haywood St Louis, MO

If you could give 0 stars I would. My flowers were supposed to be delivered this past Wednesday to a funeral home but never made it. I received a phone call from a man I could nearly understand, and he simply said they could not be delivered because no one was there. It is now Thursday and no flowers have been delivered. Their solution is to deliver them to a family member and I am not sure when. They would no give me a full refund as they attempted to deliver the flowers?????? Never again!

Debra New Baltimore, MI

If I could give a zero rating I would. WORST FLORIST I've ever used. False advertising. Ordered a beautiful PREMIUM 2 candle Christmas centerpiece for my sister with Roses and lillies. She received a small arrangement of mostly carnations and 3 roses no bigger than a lunch plate with one candle. I've been going round and round through phone calls and emails to complain and all they offered me was a $5 coupon towards a future purchase. No thank you. AVOID Ava's Flowers. They are crooks!

E. A. Jurenovich San Antonio, TX

Note to self: read the online reviews before ordering pricey gifts from unknown online florists! Unfortunately, i didn’t, and I wish I had. I did appreciate Ava’s same day delivery; however, the “upgraded” European Dish Garden that was delivered looked like a cheap an ugly imitation of the pictured arrangement I’d ordered— thrown together in a leftover Easter basket. Very disappointing!!!

Tom Peterson Midland, MI

After placing order and being assured of same day delivery, was notified that they wouldn't be able to deliver until 2 days. Told rep to cancel order and rep said he's upgrade order for no charge. I said I wanted a refund and he told me he'd give me an in-store credit. It was only after I said I was finshed with this incompetent company that the rep agreed to refund my debit card, though it would take 10-14 days! Don't waste your time with this operation, especially if your flower order is important to you or your loved one

Susan Towle

Order made at 12:30 pm well within 2pm cut off for same day delivery but delivery was not made With the reason given that the order came into late. Also the customer service agent severely missed spelled my email address both in the name, the company name and used the extension .”com” instead of “.org”. I should have read reviews prior to placing my order. From the online ad I thought it was a Seattle, local, company and subsequently I read that it is simply a call center. Buyer beware, do not use this site.

Patty Roetzel

AWFUL FLOWERS,!!! Ordered flowers for my sister, even paid the extra deluxe fee as per advertised picture to make sure the arrangement was “similar to picture” as promised on the website! The flowers were dry, and very few, small vase and looked nothing like the picture that I thought I had purchased. Worse customer service EVER, spoke to many supervisors and after many emails later, all they would do is a $10 store credit!! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Edward Bernal Hayward, CA

Paid for expedited shipping, showed up 6 days late. not an email, not a phone call. They refused to cancel and give us a refund. Customer service was terrible. It sounded like they kept repeating something from a script. Please check the reviews in yelp. I have no idea how this place has such high ratings on here. Also the arrangement looked like something you pay $15 at the local grocery store for. Not the $90 I paid. Check the picture I posted on YELP.

meghanfoard Pullman, WA

I ordered flowers and paid for rush delivery. When they were not delivered I tried to cancel and get a refund the following day and they kept giving me excuses as to why they could not give me a refund. I finally got them to agree to give me a refund after staying on the phone for 45 minutes and threatening to sue. I still haven't received the refund.

Alice McCown

I recently had flowers delivered for my nephew's funeral. The flowers were delivered to the funeral home for the visitation and the funeral the next day. Some of the flowers were already dry by the time I saw them at the funeral. Also the status showed the arrangement was delivered at 6:09 a.m. That's not possible. After several emails and phone conversations, I was told by Ava"s that the "designer" said that they delivered fresh flowers and had taken a photo of the arrangement. What florist takes a photo of each deliver?. Ava's is supposed to email me a copy of that photo. We'll see.

Tatiana Zuyeva Walled Lake, MI

NEVER order from Avas flowers ! WORST experience ever!! I order flowers for my daughter birthday in one week advance. Called day of delivery to confirmed and was told "out for delivery". She never got her flowers. Called next day and was told "the flowers OUT Of STUCK" !!! Never got any calls , email, messages. After wasting a lot of time on a phone got refund.

Kim Triebwasser Fargo, ND

I received a bouquet that was arranged as if a 5 year old did it and to top it off it was dead on arrival, For an additional charge I paid $4.99 for a colored vase that was not delivered. I called the company 6 more times and received 3 delivery confirmations over the following 5 days for the new bouquet they promised that was never delivered. I highly advise you not use this company for your floral needs.

Weldon Auld

This company is an absolute joke. Nelson V was the agent that I had the absolute DISPLEASURE of coming into contact with. I have never been treated so rudely like my request did not matter at all until now. It is so sad that they do not train their agents better. I will NEVER use this company again for ANYTHING! I will be going directly to the florist in my town for anything that I need in the future. SAD SAD SAD If I could give negative 10 stars I would.

Tracy Horn

I ordered 2 dozen roses for my mother's birthday. They never arrived and I had to call multiple times to even get an update. When they did arrive THE NEXT DAY, they were wilting and warm in this terribly packaged box. I googled local florists since I wanted to try to give a local business a try. They are a joke and to make it up to me they offered me $10 back. Seriously? I can't tell you how much I regret not using pro flowers or 1800flowers. At least my mother would have had cool, live flowers ON HER BIRTHDAY instead of warm wilting ones the day later.

Cheryl Ward Bloomingdale, IL

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day. The flowers arrived 4 days after they were suppose to, they were not the flowers I ordered, they were wilted and dying already when my mom got them. They were more expensive than if I had gone with another seller, I only ordered from ava's because I thought it was a LOCAL florist, it was not! I am completely not happy with this experience and will NEVER order from them again!

Amber Pellegrino

I ordered flowers to be delivered a day before Mother's Day. The day of delivery they let me know the delivery will be delayed. Then today, they informed me that they to not do delivery to the address anymore, and it will have to be overnighted by a different courier. They also didn't have the flowers that I ordered, and were just going to send something else. The customer service was horrible. I was put on hold and got disconnected multiple times. I cancelled my order, and I will never use them again!!!! This company is a disgrace!

Tom Jackson Bethesda, MD

Ordered flowers for Saturday before Mother's Day. Received an "urgent message" from Avas on Sunday evening. I called. They were unable to deliver the flowers. They gave many reasons including the heavy volume and a lack of stores in the area where they were to be delivered. They offered to deliver them the next day. I asked for a refund. I had two people try to convince me that I should let me deliver them the next day instead of asking for a refund. I was told by each of them that "every day is Mother's Day."

Debra Lewis Middletown, NJ

I ordered Mother's Day flowers. They looked nothing like I ordered or was described. I never thought someone could make flowers look ugly but they did. I asked Avas to tell me who made the arrangement and delivered the flowers but they wouldn't tell me. The arrangement looked like someone just shoved whatever was on the table in a vase and then filled in with cheap greenery. It made me cry when I saw it. Avas has offered me $10.00 refund and a $10.00 credit. So much for making the customer happy and satisfied. I will never use the credit because I can't trust them to do a good job.

Pat Bridgeport, MI

Avas Flowers delivers nothing but headaches. I ordered flowers for a friend. I was told they would be delivered that day and that I would get a confirmation. After not receiving a confirmation I called back. Then I was told that they could NOT be delivered that day. At that point I asked for a refund since the delivery was very time-sensitive. It took me an HOUR on the phone and being passed from high pressure agent to agent four times before I got a refund. My advice ...Avoid this company at all cost!

Jess Saint Paul, MN

Do not use this company! I ordered flowers on a Monday for a Saturday funeral. Everything seemed fine. Flowers were never delivered to the funeral. They claim that the local florist couldn't access the order but I never received any message that there was any issues. Tried cancelling the flowers as funeral was done but put on hold for REALLY long time while the agent tried to exchange it for a fruit basket or discount on mother's day flowers. Finally received my refund after 30 minutes talking to customer service and getting a run around. I will NEVER use this company again!

Lori Richards

I ordered a big beautiful bouquet. Talk about bait and switch. They delivered a very small bunch of flowers.NOT worth the money. I feel like it is a scam. They will rip you off. And customer service is a complete and total joke...will keep repeatin the script no matter what you actually say. Paid over $80 bucks and received about a $20 bunch of flowers.

J Saunders MA

Ordered Easter flowers to be delivered before Easter which was confirmed by Avas. On the day of the delivery they said they could not deliver them due to too many orders and would deliver on first available date (no date given) and did not deliver flowers until Tuesday (3 days late and after Easter). They also delivered the wrong flowers and no vase, even though I paid for a floral arrangement in a vase. Then they refuse to issue a refund or even acknowledge that they had not delivered what had been ordered. Would never use them again.

Tim and Patti B

I ordered a nice Easter arrangement for my daughter who is in the hospital. It was supposed to come with Pink Lilies along with other nice flowers and a stuffed bunny and chocolate eggs. Her flowers are horrible! NOTHING like the description or picture. I have seen better arrangements at the grocery store! She got pink carnations and that is it! NO stuffed bunny and chocolate eggs. I called and was pretty much told to deal with it, it had already been delivered! DO NOT buy anything from this company!

celia verrier New York, NY

Do not use Avas Flowers, they took my order, agreed to deliver to a certain address by a certain time (before a party) and NEVER delivered the flowers. Never called to say they could not deliver or that there was any problem. When I tried to follow up the next day, they allowed me to cancel the order and said they would give a refund on my credit card. Their customer service staff had me on long holds, could barely understand the problem, and after over an hour of waiting and calling back I finally got to a "supervisor". No explanation for why this happened.

A Del Valle, TX

This was an extremely disappointing experience. I arranged for delivery today. One Avas rep called me and asked if they flowers could be delivered tomorrow; I said no. A second rep later called and asked the same question and then told me the arrangement couldn't be delivered today. I only ordered from Avas Flowers because they claim to guarantee same day delivery. This is blatant false advertising.

Stefanie Lakewood, CA

I was about to order flowers online for my sister's birthday. I was drawn to Avas Flowers advertisement for Flash Sale and Free Delivery. As I was about to check out, the delivery was only 50% off and they were charging a $13.95 service and handling fee. I called to find out exactly what that fee covered and the man that answered said, "Proper handling of the arrangement". When I told him it didn't make sense sounded like he was just trying to get his delivery fee, he hung up on me. The original price of the "Flash Sale" were inflated by 50% so the whole thing was a lie.

Josh brokaw

Did not deliver the flowers.called 10 times only to be told each time the are on there way and still never came. Talked to so called manager and she would not refund money and said they will get there when they get there. I'm extremely livid. They are a scam . Called my bank to stop payment from ava flowers and I have to file a complaint and fraud against ava flowers to get my $100+ dollars back for flowers that never got delivered. Huge scam!

Peter Doering

Ordered flowers for my wife for Valentine's Day Said it was out for delivery - she never gets them. Tried calling Avas just get answering machine. No one calls back. Next day said it was rescheduled for delivery - Thanks - Like I really want my Valentine's flower to be the next day. Best part is - she never got the next day either. Please do not order through them - very bad experience - they deserve to go out of business. Worst experience I ever had with ordering flowers.

Howard Koch Clermont, FL

What a DISGRACEFUL company.... I ordered my husband 2 dozen flowers on 2/9/2017 for valentines and our anniversary. I ordered then to be delivered on 2/13/2017 to make sure they got here as i was off work for the day and would be here to get them. The 13th came and went no flowers. I tried calling several times only to get hung up on. I am so disgusted right now i could just cry. I cant believe this company is still in business. TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT ON MY FIRST ANNIVERSARY. Its now 630 pm on Valentines and still nothing NO flowers and still trying to call and find out anything.

andrew marin Seattle, WA

Why have a selection process on your web site, if the florist is just going to do whatever they feel like? I paid quite a bit with the expectation that the flowers I selected online would be the followers delivered. They were nice, but did not look anything like what I had ordered. This has been a consistent frustration with your site, the lack of attention to detail and the florist's disregard for ensuring that what was created and delivered, was what was ordered.

Keri B Iowa City, IA

This company advertises one price and then charges you double. When I call to inquire, I am told that the price quoted on the webpage was a random price for NO PARTICULAR LOCATION. Once you type in your zip code, the cost doubles. In addition, they charge a "handling fee" of 14.95 on top of it. Call a local florist and order direct. I am certain I could get double the arrangement for half the price. Never buy from Avas.

Charlie Rocafort Clearwater, FL

Unbelievable!! They delivered the wrong order to my house at the wrong specified time. These occasions are 'Right the First time' occasions and do not have second chances. There is no, oops I'm sorry lets try this again. The lies over the phone from the sales people, the cover-ups and deception from the customer service is unbelievable! Stay away from Avas Flowers and go to your local florist or even Publix. They are incompetent and crooks that will make a disaster of your special occasion.

DougAndJennifer Johns

Ordered a funeral arrangement, it was not delivered. The funeral has been over a week now and spent several hours on hold today trying to get a refund. At first they said they didn't have the product and wanted us select a different arrangement, then wanted us to select a fruit basket (for a funeral that happened over a week ago???). Avas Flowers eventually refused to give a full refund and their final excuse was "we have already made the floral arrangement and couldn't deliver it because the card wasn't signed".

F M Simpsonville, SC

Ordered funeral arrangement and paid extra for holiday delivery. Flowers did not deliver. Got. Orification 30 minutes after funeral began. They offed to deliver to a home address later or a fruit basket. Neither was appropriate. Embarrassed!!!! My son in law's mom funeral. Will get a refund but damage done. They assured me of delivery 1 hour before service. Made excuse they were to busy to complete order because of holiday. Sad. Poor business practices.

Sean Michael Glenside, PA

Promised delivery on the Saturday before Christmas. The flowers were purchased by the team for our boss. The sales man promised the delivery would take place on time. He checked with the driver and used the phrase 150% guarentee it would be on time. The order arrived on Monday December 26 at 2pm, over 48 hours later than "guaranteed " Never again. Customer service was no help either, offered me $8 back and 10 credit. Credit to use in your lousy store? No thanks.

Elizabeth Brooks

My precious Aunt passed away. I specifically wanted to order a gourmet basket for the family. I asked for specific items. They gave us nothing we asked for. The fruit consisted of 6 apples and one orange. They gave me no meat or cheese which I specifically requested. Customer service was rude, hung up on me and I let them know I was going to save other people from being scammed. Never use this company! NEVER!

Michelle york West Chester, OH

Deeply dissatisfied with this company. Was promised a service which was pricey and they failed to deliver when promised. They called me the day of delivery and asked for 10 dollars extra to get them there. I asked for a refund and was told I could get a credit. Very disruptive to my day. Ruined the gift I planned for my daughter in law and her new baby. Will never make this mistake again and use Ava's. I will be filing BBB complaint and a dispute with credit card company.

Adrienne Taylor

Please save yourself headaches and a million confusing phone calls, texts and emails. I ordered 2 plants a few days before a funeral. They never made it. 1 got sent to a house. I asked for a credit for the other one. The refunded everything but $13.95. Processing fee! They should have paid me for the Hours I spent trying to figure out my order. Run. Run fast.

Stephanie Denville, NJ

I ordered the zen orchid on 2 separate occations. The first plant was completely white, large stem and large flowers. The second plant was small, short stem, and white with pink center. I called their customer service and the stated that it was the only "type"of orchid available from their greenhouse. They offered a 10% refund and. 20$ voucher for my next purchase. I will NEVER order from them again. BUYER BEWARE!

Daniel Oliver

I am very unsatisfied with their business. The flowers showed up 6 hours late, they weren't delivered to the correct address and they DID NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE PICTURE. NOT EVEN CLOSE! I will never ever do business with avasflowers again and I will make it my personal goal to make sure everyone on this earth knows how terrible your service and products are. This is completely unethical and terrible business practices. Unbelievable that a business can flat out lie like this.

PennyBarry Charlotte, NC

I ordered the flowers mid afternoon one day, and they still were not delivered by 5 the following day! I will never use this company again! When I called to see what was going on, I was told they would check and call me back within 15 minutes. 45 minutes later I still have not heard from them. I called back and have been on an automated hold for 15 minutes. I suggest if you want your flowers actually delivered that you call another company.

Clara Padelford Miami, FL

Ordered a bouquet with a yellow balloon for my mother in law. The bouquet that was delivered looks absolutely NOTHING like the picture of the one I picked, and the balloon I ordered arrived orange instead of yellow as I requested. I paid over $54.00 total for this arrangement and they are only offering a $10.00 store credit, which is beyond insulting. Never again!!

Marie

This is the second time Avis has dropped the ball. In July my boyfriend ordered flowers for me for my birthday and now for thanksgiving the same thing. The bouquets were $100 . They weren't delivered on time nor were they the right flowers. And when we contacted them they just gave us the run around and tried giving us store credit. No we want our money back. We will never go through Avis again. So we ended up having to go through our credit card company for the refund.