Avas Flowers Logo

7.1

Pat Toano, VA

Did not send arrangement ordered and paid for. No balloon that was paid for. $17.99 teddy bear is a choking hazard that fits in a small cup holder, probably purchased from the dollar store. $24.99 medium box of chocolates was 2 small $5.00 bags of cheap individually wrapped chocolates. I’m embarrassed to say I spent over $140.00 for this, and more embarrassed someone special received it from me!

Kathy Robertson Idaho Falls, ID

I phoned in an order for Mother's Day and was verbally assured that it would be delivered on time. When the flowers didn't arrive, I checked the status and was only then informed of their "flex policy." The flowers may not be delivered until Thursday--four days after Mother's Day. Another florist refused my order because they were completely booked for the holiday. Ava's is unethical and I will NEVER order from them again. In my opinion, it was an expensive scam. I have attempted to cancel the order, but their "customer service," keeps hanging up on me!

SHERYL WALKER Hudson, NH

I wish I had read the reviews for Avas Flowers before I ordered. I went with what I thought was a local florist for a quicker delivery, had I known it would take 5 days for a delivery I would have gone with any online florist. I ordered an arrangement for a friend who lost her dad to be delivered on 4/24/20. On 4/26/20 I received an email that it would deliver 4/27/20. After emailing them that this had to be delivered ASAP, they called to tell me they would deliver 4/28/20. They took the money out of my account on 4/25/20. Don't order from them if you need a timely delivery!

Caren Johnson Anchorage, AK

Absolutely AWFUL! Ordered roses for a very special occasion, to be delivered on the 18 of April. The flowers were dead and dying by Tuesday morning. I have emailed, called, been told I would receive a call back-that never came. I used the website to have replacement flowers delivered, and absolutely nothing has happened. I will NEVER use this business, and will tell everyone I come into contact with- not to business with them. I cannot imagine how they have stayed in business.

cindy Odenton, MD

Do NOT use!!! The absolute worst service ever. Order placed on Tuesday for a Thursday delivery. Thursday I call and they say it will be delivered Friday. Spoke to 3 reps Friday that were to call me back and nothing. Friday evening still not delivered and I asked for a refund and they refused. Saturday evening and still no delivery. Had to fight with rep to get a refund. Wish I could rate negative -5

serious seriously Port Orange, FL

Dealing with Avas Flowers has been a miserable experience. I got flowers for my aunt in Kentucky but they were delivered to my home in Florida. When I tried to login to their site, they said my email address was not in the system. Try calling them. You will be put on hold with a music recording that has cracking sounds and is horrible. I will never use Avas again.

Edwin Miller Denver, CO

DO NOT shop there unless you want to open you wallet and get something else in return! The arrangement was SUB-PAR, -5 star rating. Missing flowers, didn't even remotely look like what was offered. IF you are lucky, you'll get a 10% refund, another JOKE! A friend of mine living in AZ who is recovering from cancer sent a picture, I was flabbergasted! Compare the picture off the website to what was sent

Valentin V. Saint-Laurent-du-Var, 06

Flowers have been ordered and paid 1 week in advance. On the day of delivery I received a message - Flowers delivered! This was NOT A TRUE!! after 2 days of calls and messages, Avas Flowers confirmed their fault and promised to deliver the flowers with a nice excuse. Finally, flowers have been delivered to the neighbour 2 days later than the birthday. No excuse, no discount, nothing. Very SAD and UNPLEASANT customer experience. Do not recommend them!

Andy_Ro Wantagh, NY

If I could leave zero stars I would.. I ordered flowers for my wife for our 25th anniversary I ordered them on January 14th the website says same-day delivery, they were in the same town of Great Neck.. my wife didn’t receive the flowers on the 14th I called and they said it would be delivered the next morning which never happened. When I called to find out where the flowers were at 1:30 the next day, I was on hold for a total of 25 minutes and transferred three times to three different people, the flowers were never delivered. Overall a terrible experience don’t order from them!

Crystal Huntersville, NC

I sent flowers for my grandfathers funeral as I live out of town. I kept checking with my family to see how they looked and apparently they weren't even delivered until everyone was leaving the funeral home and on the way to the graveside and which was actually a blessing because they were embarrassing. They were brought in a cheap plastic basket and super sparse. They were almost $200. All Ava's did was refund 30% for being late and being embarrassingly thin and sparse.

Brian Auburn, MA

I looked up "Same Day Flower Delivery" and decided to use Avas to send flowers to my mother on her birthday. I called at 1pm and spent over $100 on a bouquet. They never arrived on her birthday. I called them and they thought it was appropriate to deliver them the next day. I was sitting there looking at their web page and it said "Same Day Delivery in Rutland MA". The guy told me I called to close to the "Cutoff Time" for same day delivery. It was an hour before. The careless gentleman said he could give me a $10 store credit to mess up my next special occasion. I hung up.

M.S. Vacaville, CA

Whatever you do, do not order flowers from their website. This business is a scam and the product that you receive isn't worth the money you're paying. The flowers were almost dead and were all droopy and they didn’t look like what was advertised on the website. Filed a complaint about the awful arrangement that was delivered to my grandmother, and they refused to help me. Save yourself the time and spend your money elsewhere!

HTargovnik Marlboro, NJ

I ordered a flower arrangement from them based upon the picture in their web portal. What was pictured was full of colorful flowers, what was delivered was literally half the size and mostly greens, not flowers. Clearly bait and switch. I contacted them about this and they said if I read their policy it allows them to substitute and make changes as they see fit. Basically, doesn’t matter what you order, they decide what you get. Do not use this company, unless of course you want to get taken!

Fred Atlantic, IA

Do NOT do business with Avas Flowers! We ordered a funeral arrangement from them. It was a little bit different arrangement, unique to our family. We were promised to receive exactly what we ordered. When it arrived, it was nothing like we ordered. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with customer service (after the funeral) and they were no help. Said we did not respond within 24 hours so they wouldn't help us. We couldn't respond in that time period because of the actual funeral and travel.

Kitty Greenville, SC

I am extremely upset and disappointed in the flowers I ordered. I requested white hydrangeas, and red roses arranged in a glass cube. The sales person even went to check that they had the hydrangeas which she said they did. I got red carnations and pink flowers in a tall vase and the card had the wrong name signed to it. It was nothing like what I had ordered and paid for. I will never order from there again.

Joshua Caldwell Layton, UT

I am deployed and I was in need of a flower company to deliver flowers to my girlfriend for out 1 year aniversary (kind of a big deal). They couldn't call me (obviously due to my location) and told me that the flowers couldn't be delivered. After getting through their ridiculously long customer supprt system they were able to deliver them on a different day and only offered a $20 in-store credit. Complete garbage after I spent $105. I used them a few month ago to deliver to the same address and without my authorization changed my order to roses since they were out of flowers they advertized.

jim Hendersonville, TN

Call in for a same day delivery of a $42.99 Garden Basket. Wasn't delivered. I checked the delivery status on their website and it said delivery attempted but no one was home which was a lie. Day 2, I tried to cancel my order on their site and it couldn't find my order. Day 3, I called in to cancel and they said we can have it delivered today which I said no I'll stop payment. Within an hour the flowers were delivered and the account was charged. The arrangement was pathetic. Cheap little wicker basket a small plant and three red carnations. I was charged $78!!!

Sharon Marietta, GA

Horrible. Late delivery, incorrect information given about delivery, flowers not even similar to what was ordered. When I complained, they offered zero recompense. Check their fine print: apparently they can substitute whatever they want, even if not of comparable value, and can be late, even after confirming delivery date and time. Also, their website shows 5 star reviews, but when you look elsewhere online, they are mostly 1 star. Horrible.

Michael S Lititz, PA

Customer service sucks...Lost order today on a Saturday, spent over an hour on phone with delivery dept. Lied to about receiving upgrade and credit. Ava's flowers telephone system sucks, constant hang ups or silence with no one answering telephone. It's now Monday morning and I spent another 30 minutes on the phone with customer service and they still cannot locate my order because the "design dept" was closed. Told to wait a FEW HOURS BEFORE CALLING BACK TO LOCATE ORDER.

Philipp Emeryville, CA

Ordered flowers for an aunt in hospice on 5 Aug 2019. Three days later, despite numerous calls with their customer services, as well as online complaints on their website, the flowers never arrived. I had cancelled the order and they gave excuses that their designer attempted delivery, which was not the case. Further, they insist on wanting to charge a handling fee. All lies and poor customer service. And, they are misleading since they are not a local business. Suffice to say, my credit card agreed with me in disputing the charges. STAY AWAY from this SCAM of a company.

MsH Sacramento, CA

I ordered an Purple Orchid on July 19th to be delivered on July 28th for my Mother's Birthday. As she lives in another state.Anyway they contacted me the 29th and told me the flower was unavailable. They should have contacted me sooner to let me know so I could have made other arrangements. Instead they waited until the day after her birthday to contact me. So beyond frustrating and disappointing. Unable to get a refund. We spent $78.00 and it's just gone. Do not buy from them

Keith Marietta, GA

$84 Luxury Flower Package Wilted and Dead in THREE DAYS!! Refused to do anything. Said I had to file a complaint within 24 hours despite the website terms stating SEVEN DAYS. I was within the seven day period. They offered a $15 store credit to use in the future which is as sad as the pitiful flower arrangement I paid for as a birthday surprise. Buy from a local florist. The customer service is horrible.

Donna Burke Dallas, OR

Disappointing nightmare. Ordered birthday gift, not delivered 6/26. They said would upgrade it, be there 6/28. 6/29 no delivery. Called, said in transit. What?? Paid for 2 day delivery. Refused to credit my credit card so had to file a complaint through my credit card co. No one I spoke to with Avas was in this country. 1 800 flower so much better. Do NOT use Avas if you want any reliability, especially if important surprise.

Jim Brinkley Oxford, NC

I should have read these reviews before ordering my flowers. Yesterday, I ordered a large bouquet for 30th wedding anniversary today. I got an email at 4:45 this afternoon that flowers could not be delivered today. They didn't even have the decency to call and I was fortunate to check my email when I did). I did get a full refund (hence 1 star), but I do not recommend and I will never use the company again.

Terri Cheney, WA

If I could rate them less than 1 star I would! Mothers day flowers from my son were to be delivered on 5-12. Then they changed it to 5-14,. After not receiving the flowers 5-14, I called morning of 5-15. There was a problem with the address, that they couldn't find in google. The address is in google. They said their fault, would deliver 5-15. Today is 5-17 NO FLOWERS . Are you kidding me. No joke, where do all the star ratings come from , as I'm reading just this month how horrible they are. DON'T ORDER FROM THEM

Victoria Littleton, CO

Absolutely ludicrous. I ordered flowers for Mother's Day, was charged and got an email Sunday morning (Mother's Day morning!) saying that they were too busy and the order was cancelled. They should have NEVER taken the order if that was the case, and at the very least, they should have cancelled it sooner so I could come up with other options. I called my mom to see if she got a delivery, and she was nearly in tears. I hope this obnoxious service doesn't carry over to this organization's own families!

Julia Strout Auburn, ME

Completely unsatisfied and very upset with Ava's Flowers. When you call to place an order, they answer immediately. When you call with a problem, stay on hold for over 45 minutes. Then when speaking with the manager, he was very uninterested and rude. Horrible customer service. Manager said he would call me back, and he never did. I will never do business with this company again. The arrangement was certianly not worth the money I paid.

Rani

STAY AWAY. Dreadful experience. 1. No invoice 2. Incorrect name of recipient 3. Guaranteed same-day delivery but when I called back was told tomorrow 4. Took 5 proactive calls and 2+ hours to connect with a human being to fix these issues, despite being promised a callback 5. Hung up on me after not resolving the issue YOU WOULD DO BETTER TO ORDER FROM WINTON'S or BOUQS. DO NOT EVER GIVE THESE AWFUL PEOPLE YOUR BUSINESS.

Sabrina Rader Spring Hill, TN

The absolute worst product and customer service I’ve ever experienced with a florist! Arrangement was nothing like advertised picture, less flowers, different flowers and much cheaper flowers than what I paid for. I called for refund and after 20 mins (they agreed arrangement wasn’t what I ordered) all they would offer was 10% refund. I will never order from them again. Go somewhere else!

Alex W Mesquite, TX

I usually don’t write review but don’t order from Avas flower, they’re a third company that take your order then order from a flower in your zip-code that’s the reason they’re so expensive and the reason for all the delays. I placed a order 3 days before valentine day 2/14/19 and I’m finally receiving a tracking 2/20/19 about my delivery! I called and sent several email about canceling my order no response until today 2/20/19.

K Clatt Scottsdale, AZ

I had ordered flowers to be delivered to my daughter at IU, Bloomington. The flowers that she received were NOTHING like what I had ordered from the pictured website for Ava's. When I called to dispute the flowers (and forgotten balloon) I was told that they were sorry and that I could have 15% off my next order. Are you kidding me? There isn't EVER going to be a next order. When I contacted the "local" florist they told me that Ava's had specified exactly how many flowers to put in the vase and that was it. Complete joke!!

Rochelle Bryant Bakersfield, CA

I would give a zero if I could. This place had me all excited and happy at first. Long story short I was told my delivery would be same day and it wasn't. I even told them if they couldn't deliver same day I'll go with someone else because I needed it for that day not the next day. I gave a review earlier thinking it was going to be smooth however here I am writing a follow-up review. I won't be ordering from them ever again neither will my family and friends and their friends and their families

D Hoffmann Waukesha, WI

I wanted a local florist because I had a specific request... please put butterflies in the funeral arrangement... they charged me $20 exfra ... didnt put a single very important butterfly in the pathetic $100 arrangement which I could have bought at Win Dixie for $20... they said they would text when the arrangement was delivered... they didnt...and when I called to complain the person was so unapologetic I might as well have been talking to my friend who passed away. DO NOT USE THIS FLORIST!!

Joseph Danielsen Somerset, NJ

OMG do not use this company. I cannot believe I fell for this. I am a state level elected and attempted to have birthday roses delivered to my wife. When they weren't delivered I started the calling process. Six calls in total. Call 1 Carlos: hung up on me. Call 2 Manny: on hold for 7 minutes > hung up. Call 3: put on hold for 37 minutes (since I was driving I held the call then I hung up). Call 4 Ivan: spoke with him but he couldn't help me, get me flowers, process a refund or allow me to speak with owner or manager.

Jeffrey C North Little Rock, AR

I ordered flowers on 1/8/2019. They said they were delivered on 1/10/2019. They were not. They were delivered today 1/21/2019. And they were delivered to the wrong house. This company is the absolute worst. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. I should’ve read the reviews this company has because evidently they are all terrible reviews. Don’t be scammed. Never use Ava’s.

Jonell E Gillis Colorado Springs, CO

This place is a joke. I ordered flowers to be delivered to my daughter at her job for her birthday. I ordered online and in the notes, I said if they can't get them there by 1 PM to cancel the order, because she leaves at 1PM. I also called and talked to a real person who said they would get them there by 1PM. On her Birthday, I get a text that they can't get there AT ALL on her Birthday and they will deliver them the next day. When she got to work there was a sealed box (delivered by USPS) She opened it, and it wasn't the flowers I ordered and the balloon was broken. Wow what a scam

Laroya Compton Irving, TX

I ordered a birthday bouquet with a purple bow for my Mother's birthday with 1 birthday mylar balloon, 3 latex balloons (purple, pink and yellow which I paid extra for) and a regular sized birthday card...Well, the flowers were ok but there was a polka dot bow, 1 extra silver mylar balloon in place of the 3 latex balloons, the card was the small sized cards that are attached to a bouquet and the order was placed at 8am and they did not arrive until well after 4pm. :(

Julie Simpson Wheat Ridge, CO

I ordered a floral tree with carnations and mums and ornament in among the greens what was delivered was a bunch of greens with a bow and a couple of flower and did not resemble in any way what I ordered. A complete waste of almost 90 dollars, and when I called them they promised to deliver her another floral bouquet and they did not do that either. Do not use them.

C. Rodriguez San Antonio, TX

It was the worse. My husband tried to surprise me with flowers. 1. They had the wrong address 2. Then they said they came to my job And said that the security guard said they can’t deliver them 3. Then they said the security guard said I wasn’t at work Mind you they didn’t even bother to call my husband to let him know that they were having an issue. Then they don’t want to give my husband his money back. It is the worst service that I have ever had to deal with. I promise I will let everyone know not to use their service. I’m gonna report then to the better business bureau.

Kathy Arnold Kansas City, MO

I made a mistake of ordering from this company, I got a text saying, the flowers was delivered. I called my friend to verify but they had not been. I finally got a hold of someone after trying several time and being hung up multinational time, I was also transferred and then again being hung up on! After I finally getting a hold of some one they wanted another 20.00 to deliver the flowers. Order at your own risk!!

Jennifer Melrose, FL

Horrible experience. Ordered a colorful arrangement for my friend who passed away suddenly. Her husband sent me a picture ( otherwise , I would never have known what they actually sent). They sent 4 already full bloomed roses and 6 half dead roses. No colors at all. It cost $70.00 and I could have gotten better flowers at Walmart. When I complained I got a $10.00 credit. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Lisa Aurora, CO

My mother ordered flowers for a funeral and paid a loy of money for the flowers. The flowers received at the funeral home was nothing like the flowers in the picture she had ordered. We called and even sent pictures and the company is not very willing to admit fault on their end. Even to go as far as to argue back with us stating many excuses as to why its the same thing. I do not recommend at all. Very disappointed.

Melina Naperville, IL

If I could give a no star review, I would. I am surprised they are still in business. Avas did not deliver our flowers to my uncle's wake. They were entirely unhelpful when we called an hour after they were due to be delivered, and have been unreachable since. The local florist they contracted did not receive our two orders from avas at the same time, and they refused to call her back to confirm anything. This was the worst customer service experience I have had yet, and no grieving family should have to deal with this type of issue.

Rachel Elyria, OH

I ordered flowers to be delivered next day, got an email stating they wouldnt be deliver until a day later, then received a phone call stating they were out of pink roses which i agreed to substitute them for orange, then got a picture of what was delivered, TERRIBLE. They loom absolutely nothing like the picture on the website. Will NEVER use or recommend this company!!!

Ivy Denver, CO

WORSE delivery experience EVER. Claimed to have attempted delivery twice and said that no one was home to receive the order when in fact there was someone home. I did get a partial refund but had to pay $12 for the "attempt" of delivery. I would advise people to not use this company. The customer service department BARELY speaks English and are hard to understand. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE company, this order was a birthday present that was ruined since it was not received!!

Kristina Grubb Trabuco Canyon, CA

If I could give a negative star I would. I am writing anywhere that takes reviews. Please protect yourself and your money. Do Not Order from them. They will take your money, a lot of it, promise to deliver a beautiful arrangement and deliver a smaller, asymmetrical, different color and wilted version. They do not deliver what you order they subcontract out, they delivery at late and odd hours and they will do nothing to make it right nor give you any reason behind why.

Robin Clontz Charlotte, NC

The worst flower company I have ever dealt with! DO NOT ORDER from Avas Flowers! Read the comments!! They are unprofessional. The website claims SAME DAY DELIVERY. My simple arrangement never got delivered and I got an email over 24 hours after they were supposed to be delivered saying there was a problem. I call and they cant tell me why my flowers weren't delivered. They don't try to make it right they just say you can get a refund. Gee....thank you for offering me a refund for something I paid for and didn't get!

Lisa ann Chouinard Lewiston, ME

Paid $115 for flowers, 3 balloons and a teddy bear to be delivered to my 11 year old grand daughter's hospital room who just had a brain tumor removed from her head!! We get the confirmation that it was delivered but it wasn't. They checked the hosp. And came up with nothing. Now the company is trying to get a hold of the store to no avail. I think I got robbed!!! AVAS Flowers. Boycott them Portland, Maine

Michelle Duncan Maryville, TN

NEVER WASTE YOUR MONEY ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY! today is my birthday and I waited all day at work for flowers from my husband (He always sends flowers) well at 5:30 someone calls from avas and tell me that they have a delivery for me but it will be tomorrow before they can bring them out..... so not only did they charge my husband $84 for nothing they also ruined the "surprise"

Bill Katz Frisco, TX

Placed on order for same-day delivery. It went undelivered for two days. On the third day, they offered me a $3.79 refund on a $57 order! I spent over 36 minutes on hold, spoke with 3 different "customer service" representatives (none of whom spoke English as a primary language) and all they wanted to do was give me store credit for a future purchase! I wish I had checked this review site's rating before I ordered. NEVER AGAIN!