Avas Flowers Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

7.1

Al

Completely dissatisfied with their service, product & responsiveness to customer concerns. Ordered flowers for my ailing wife. The delivery was prompt but the arrangement was a disaster in that the flowers were stuffed in a small vase ( looked as if they were glued together) and lacked the ribbon which was supposed to be part of the arrangement. I removed the the flowers, put them in a decent vase, put a ribbon on it and presented them to my wife. I expressed my dissatisfaction to Avas via email and they requested pictures. Too late!! Worst deal I ever made for $93. Never again, check yelp before you buy.

Rane Camden Los Angeles, CA

I purchased a $115.99 "premium" bouquet with the 45% off discount. I live in Arizona and my 73 year old mother lives in Marysville, CA. My mother was moved to a rehab ctr the same day I purchased the flowers and was heavily medicated. I did not receive the attached picture of the flowers until 48 hrs later. The most I would have spent on this bouquet w/o a discount would have been $40-50. The flowers I ordered is the one in the background w/4 roses, 2 carnations and I don't know what the other 3 flowers are, but most certainly is not worth $115.99. And the little card was $3.99, the type other florists throw in for free. Chris the owner said I had 24 hours to report if there was a problem and offered me a $20 credit. All I can say is DO NOT order from this shady business.

Bo Milwaukee, WI

Worst company ever. They go to great lengths to get rid of any negative feedbacks because they are a scheming company that robs people in their moments of despair and in their moments of joy they rob that joy! Please do not use Avas for your floral needs. You will be sadly disappointed and then pissed off about how horrible their customer service is. Ordered $1400 worth of flowers, never received $750 worth of them. Despite numerous phone calls, hours talking to them, emails trying to find a resolution, their resolution was to rob my family of $750 worth of funeral flowers for my grandfather's funeral. What a shameful, dishonest, unethical company. If you do order anyway be warned: order with your credit card so you can dispute it. Trust me, what you order and what you get will not be the same. With your bank/visa/debit card, you will not get your money back. That is the lesson I learned.

K Cook Waterloo, IA

Flowers were not delivered on day they promised and then they said the flowers died before the next day so they had to deliver a different arrangement. I said I wanted to cancel my order within the 24 hour window but they promised me a $20 refund to my credit card if I would accept the substitute. I should have known better... because no refund was ever issued and when I called and spoke to them about it I had extremely rude service from Dorothy who said she was a supervisor. She told me that John (the supervisor who promised me the refund) issued me store credit and there was nothing they could do about it even though I very specifically asked if it would go on my credit card. She acknowledge he made a mistake but she refused to do anything about it. Stay away from Ava's flowers. This is the second bad experience I have had - I should have learned the first time.

Lyn Storrs Mansfield, CT

I ordered a get well arrangement that I selected from an online site of photos Ava's had posted. I had the opportunity to see the flowers and I was so embarrassed I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The vase was half filled, despite the fact that I had paid extra for the the larger size, and there were mostly wilted greens plus one huge open almost dead yellow rose and some wilted fallen over mums. I totally understand their site said substitutions were allowed and necessary but they never said dead was also included as a substitute. The quality was beyond horrible had they sent artificial it would have been better. I wrote to them stating my disappointment and sent a photo of the flowers that were sent vs what was selected and they of course refused to do nothing and simply reminded me of their substitution policy. Online they posted the importance of customer satisfaction and the value of this to their business. Never were more false words spoken. I was the fool for not reading all the negative reviews that have been posted about this "florist". I have to honestly say having read them now, they are all true and I would have saved a lot of embarrassment and money. Please do not use this florist for any reason. Save yourself looking like a cheapskate who paid .99 for flowers.

Elizabeth Dietz Auburn, CA

I placed an order today for a friend. She has been home all day. The flowers were never delivered even though I got an email and text delivery confirmation. I called the company to ask. They said no one was home (not possible). I asked if they could send the delivery truck again because they said it was delivered at 3:01. My bill says they will deliver before 7pm. They said everyone already went home for the day and the shop was now closed. Then the person on the phone hung up on me. I called back. This time the customer service person yelled at me. I asked to speak to a manger. The manager was even worse. Yelling at me and saying my friend was lying and was not home. I asked if someone could pick up the flowers. He said everyone had already gone home for the day (it was not even 6:00pm yet) I asked for a partical refund....again no. I told them I wanted to cancel my order. He said he could cancel my order but they would keep the flowers and I would only get $20 of the $64 I spent back. Then he also hung up on me. I have never had such a terrible experience with a business.

Melissa Webber Dallas, TX

I will never use Avas Flowers again! I order a large premium bouquet for $100 and received a small bouquet that I could have picked up at a local grocery store. I sent pictures through their customer service and would at least have hoped for them to send a better bouquet but that . This is what they replied: We regret that you were unhappy with the receipt of your order. After reviewing your beautiful photo, and reviewing the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly. Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description as well as our Substitution Policies. I have attached a copy of Our Substitution Policy for your viewing. **Item pictured is a depiction of an arrangement that we will make as similar as possible with the same look and feel**

Brendon Christy Eudora, KS

Ordered a bouquet of Gerber Daises for my wife. When flowers were delivered they were dead. I called into Avas Flowers to let them know and ask for a refund. They told me the would just re-deliver, however I explained to them that my wife got dead flowers the experience was already ruined and that I wanted a full refund. After 15 minutes on hold to speak with a supervisor, and 10 minutes of a very frustrating conversation the supervisor (Dania) informed me that they would only do a refund less fees and delivery charges. I told her they chose the delivery method and set the fees and I wanted a full refund, she said it isn't their policy to do that. When I asked to speak with someone who could issue a full refund and make that decision she informed me she was the supervisor and they would only do a partial refund. NEVER do business with this company. They simply don't get what it is to stand not only behind the product, but also the client experience. Customer beware!

Gin Lawson

If I could give them zero stars, I would. I ordered a funeral wreath the same day my grandmother passed away. The funeral was scheduled for Saturday, and I ordered the flowers on Monday. Ava's Flowers charged me an expedite fee, $9.99. During a customer service call regarding other mistakes with the order, I asked how far in advance flowers need to be ordered to avoid an expedite fee. Ava's Flowers acknowledged the error and sent a revised invoice. The new invoice amount was actually higher than the original amount billed -- after the supposed $9.99 credit. How does that happen? When I called back about the new invoice amount, the customer service person was rude, belligerent, and kept interrupting both my husband and me as we tried to get clarification about the new invoice amount. Keep in mind, this is after multiple calls to correct other mistakes, such as getting the message on the card wrong, and getting the recipient's name wrong. In addition, Ava's florist nickled and dimed me for everything possible, such as $3.99 to include a message with the flowers, $4.99 for a bow on the funeral wreath, and a $13.99 service fee (this fee mysteriously appeared on the final invoice, which is why the invoice amount increased, even though I had received a $9.99 credit! Save yourself the hassle. Don't do business with this company! Beware! This corporate conglomerate does not care about your loved ones. Buy local and support local shops and businesses. Ava's Flowers were not a local shop, even though it claims to be when you do a Google search. If you don't believe me, try it. No matter what town you search, Ava's will show up as a "local shop." Don't believe it! They take your order, and then subcontract with a local supplier. In fact if you ask, most reputable florists refuse to work with Ava's to fulfill orders. In the future, I will use Yelp to ensure that I am indeed working with a reputable, local florist with a brick and mortar storefront.

Sarah Welkers

First time using Avas Flowers. Never again. Desperately needed these flowers for personal reasons for a close friend. Paid extra to have them delivered before the 1pm time frame the next day. They were never delivered. Spent over 2 hours on the phone, waiting on hold for extremely long periods of time. Was promised (despite the fact that the flowers would no longer be relevant and the surprise had been ruined when I had to ask my friend if she had received them) they were promised to be delivered the next day by 3:30pm. They were never delivered. I spent a total of 2 more hours on the phone. I e-mail and did not receive a response. I was told on the phone multiple times the designer and driver could not be reached. When asked why I wouldn't be receiving some type of refund, all that could be offered was a store credit (even after asking to speak to a supervisor or manager). Store credit for a place I never wish to work with again. I do not have $70 to just waste on flowers, however, I felt it was appropriate due to the circumstances to spend that much. Although I am being told they will be delivered tomorrow, who knows, and at this point, this has been such a disappointment and nightmare, I hope no one turns to Avas flowers for their needs. This has been the biggest let down and I am heartbroken.

Lisa Douthit-Williams Pine Bluff, AR

I ordered a deluxe blissfully PINK bouquet for same day delivery. The order was not received until the NEXT DAY, in the AFTERNOON! When I found out which florist in my area they sent my order to, I called them. The owner read to me the order Ava's Flowers sent to him, it stated "DESIGNERS CHOICE for $39." I paid over $80 for this arrangement and I didn't even receive what I ordered. The flowers I received were a CHRISTMAS mixture of red, white, and gold flowers.......seriously?! Christmas is over!!! When I requested a refund they told me they were not able to process that because they couldn't reach the florist who filled the order, that is BS bc I've been talking to him and he said no one has tried to reach out to him since he received my order. It's not his fault since they didn't even send him the correct order to fill!!!!!! I will NEVER order from this place again, and I wish I had read reviews before wasting my money!!!!!!

Diane Gibson Tracy, CA

Was to have been the recipient of 2 dozen red and white carnations with Christmas greenery in a red vase. Ava's confirmed to the sender that the gift was delivered on Monday,12/20/16. They were not delivered. Ava's had a replacement deliver sent from a local Modesto florist on Tuesday, 12/21. I received 16 roses with berries.and greenery. The white roses were starting to brown and within 24 hours the rose heads were bent over. The red blooms were partially open when received. At 7:30 pm on Thursday, 12/23 my original Christmas bouquet order arrived. The carnations were bound so tight that the carnations were crushed, The white ones were brown after no water for at least 5 days, There was no greenery of any type and my red vase was purple that clashed horribly with what was left of the red carnations. I give Ava's credit for trying to make the order good even though the replacement bouquet from their local contact was definitely old stock. Their own quality control is also at issue. Even if the order was received on time, what was received was not what was ordered with both bouquets being a disappointment to receive.

Karis Strannemar

Not a very Merry Christmas !I chose Ava's as I thought they were local. The website said "Coppell, TX Same Day Flower Delivery, Shop & Order Today!'. They are in New Jersey. It also said I had 35 minutes left to order, which I assumed I would be able to get a Christmas delivery. The 35 minutes part is still flashing and it's Christmas morning. I called customer service on the 24th, as the flowers should have been delivered on the 23rd. The answer was " oh yeah, let me check with that designer " and then the CSR said " it will be delivered today ( Christmas Eve). Nothing has been delivered. I spent sixty dollars on an arrangement for Christmas Day and nothing happened.No one called or emailed to say they were not able to deliver. It's sad. I do this every year because I can't be at my sister's.I am not sure how these people are still in business.

Lee

Horrible experience. Ordered an advertised seasonal arrangement (over $106 charged) for friends grieving the loss of a loved one. Avas Flowers claimed their "designers are off" and wanted to substitute. I asked if the designers would be in several days later and was told "yes" and was told they could deliver the arrangement at that time. Found out by calling Avas the day AFTER the arrangement was to be delivered it never arrived. Again they tried to change the order. Ad STILL shows availability and SAME DAY delivery of the item I ordered. Left a message with Customer Service to talk with the owner. NO response. Requested a refund. NO response. Will NEVER use again. Will NEVER recommend. Will continue to purse my refund.

ozzie mandus

This is a very sophisticated scam operation. Not a local florist. CEO is Matthew Neuenhaus . . . actual name of company is Flower Tech Inc. avasflowers is a sophisticated internet scam. This company is not a “local” family florist, it is an internet "sales" boiler room and warehouse, whose owner, Matthew Neuenhaus, is based at 300 corporate drive, Mahwah, NJ 07430. Many sales agents who are NOT local to any U.S. location, are actually recruited in Passig City, The Phillippines and Teguicigalpa, Honduras. The company's camouflage website technology lures customers into believing it is a local florist and its phone practices train employees to cement that scam. (See yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/avasflowers-mahwah-2?hrid=dBACLO4RGmMwaBGwkS7AKQ) florist detective gives this company an "f" rating.

K Thor Long Island City, NY

I placed a same day order for flowers for my mother's 60th birthday. Over seven hours after the order was confirmed I received an email that the order wouldn't be delivered until the following day, leaving me no time to make alternate arrangements. I called the customer service number provided only to be disconnected after holding for ten minutes- this happened twice. I spent thirty minutes on the phone after finally reaching someone, being put on hold again, transferred to new people unfamiliar with the issue, etc. The best solution they could offer after was a measly 10% off my order and a variety of excuses about why the order wasn't fulfilled as promised - including that the local florist wanted more money for the arrangement I purchased and wouldn't do the order. Terrible company, and obvious from the mechanical responses of customer service that this sort of thing happens all the time. Take your business elsewhere.

David Colvin Las Vegas, NV

I ordered a $195 Anniversary arrangement from Avas Flowers to be delivered on our anniversary. Paid extra for expedited delivery and Mylar balloons. Flowers arrived over 3 hours late with no balloons. Quality was extremely poor and apparently designed by a rank amateur. After repeated attempts and threats to their apparent Pakistani call center, Avas did replace 5 days later but was like pulling teeth as the best they were willing to do before replacing was knock off $40 which barely covered the expedited delivery and missing Mylar balloon costs. New arrangement was better than the first but still inferior. Appeared very much like a mid-grade $39 supermarket arrangement. I should have read reviews first.

deborah boyle Saint Paul, MN

I cannot even find the right words to express how infuriated and disgusted I am with Ava's Flowers.Let me start from the beginning. Isent an arrangement to my daughter's house be used as the centerpiece for our Thanksgiving table on Friday, 11/25/16. Oncethe arrangement arrived, my daughter and I both realized the quality was atrocious. The flowers were not fresh, it was mostly daisy and carnations (not the roses and lilies that were pictured) and there was one baby blue and one lavender candle. Not only did the candles not match, but they were pastel - hardly appropriate for a fall arrangement! There was one lone white rose. It was painfully obvious that the florist just took whatever scraps that were lying around after the holiday to create this monstrosity. I am including a picture of what was ordered vs. what was sent. We immediately called Ava's and explained the situation. The gentleman my daughter spoke with assured us that he would send the florist out to pick up the arrangement right away and we would receive a full credit. Fast forward to Saturday morning, the wilting arrangement was still at my daughter's house. We called Ava's Flowers again and were told that the flowers were not picked up because they were deemed "suitable." Between me and my daughter, we spent upwards of FOUR HOURS on the phone with your company on Saturday. We were offered everything between a $10 store credit to a new, "bigger and better arrangement." We repeatedly asked to speak to a manager. At least ten times were put on hold for a member of the "executive team" only to be disconnected after a few minutes. On FOUR different occasions we opted for a call back at a later time and did not ONCE receive a call back. At this point, my daughter turned to social media and posted a review on Ava's Flowers Facebook page including a photo of what was ordered vs. what was sent. Numerous people commented on the poor quality of the product. Someone from the company did leave a comment asking my daughter to send a personal message with the order number so the problem could be rectified. She sent the personal message over four days ago and has yet to receive a response. The flowers didn't even last 2 days. My daughter posted a follow-up picture on Ava's Flowers Facebook page showing how much the flowers were wilted on day #3. My daughter called Ava's Flowers company yet again on Tuesday in an effort to speak with a manager. The first time I talked to Neal and he assured her that she would not be disconnected and would in fact get to speak with a member of the "executive team." She waited on hold for approximately 10 minutes and then the call was disconnected. She immediately called back and spoke with Jose. He once again gave her the runaround and refused to either #1 refund the order or #2 connect her directly with a manager. She was once again placed on hold. She then chose the option for a return call between 1:30-2pm. that call has also not been returned. My daughter sent an email on both of our behalves to [email protected] on Tuesday evening and Keisha N has been nothing but rude. She will not converse with my daughter, but insists she will only speak with the customer (me). I immediately sent her a follow-up email and she still refuses to discuss the situation saying it "can only be done over the phone," yet she will not call me or give her a direct number in which to contact her. In all, we have spent at least 8-9 hours trying to get this problem corrected, been hung up on upwards of 15 times and not received the return phone call I was promised five times. I STILL have not been able to get in contact with any member of management. They are crooks!

Winter Swol Charlotte, NC

Ordered flowers for a funeral. The flowers were not delivered yet when I called for a refund I was given a runaround as they were not able to immediately locate their driver to confirm - even though they had sent an email notifying that they were having to reschedule the delivery and the status of the order STILL says that it is being rescheduled for delivery - rather difficult to reschedule a funeral. I attempted to use their email to report the issue to get it resolved. I received an email to call them instead. Person on the phone could not refund, so I asked to speak to a manager. He refused and told me that if I would not listen to him then I should just call back later.

Demi Boise, ID

The worst service I've ever had in my life. The floorist said they were unable to deliver to a hospital, no one from Ava's company thought it was necessary to communicate that information to me for five days. I called customer service twice in that time period to find out what the problem was and no one told me until the final day I called. Finally I just insisted on a refund, because my friend has been in the hospital for five days and will hopefully go home soon. even after all this mess the customer service representative was rude and unhelpful, after fighting me about the refund for 10+ minutes she reluctantly gave me back only 1/2 of my money so I paid $30 for absoutley NOTHING except a headache and a big waste of my time! I will tell everyone I know not to use this company!

L. O. Davenport, IA

I misunderstood the false online advertising that this was a "LOCAL" company. When you call them they even claim to be a local company stating they are in your town which is 100% false advertising. What I know now is not only is this not a local company but this cannot be a real flower distributor. The customer service is nothing but continuous prompts to no where, fake customer service that keeps transferring, ringing in to lines no one is at, and false promises that they need to call you back to refund and someone will be in touch. No one is ever in touch. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. AVA'S FLOWERS IS 100% a scam. THIS IS NOT A REAL SERVICE, THIS IS A SCAM.

Kate Baratki Englewood, CO

I was extremely disappointed with Ava's flowers. I went online to find a local florist as my sister lives out of state in Minnesota. I definitely should have researched this place sooner- as they are NOT a local florist at all. Of course, they were advertising some flash sale of 45% off all online orders. I ordered online thinking I would get a good deal, but of course there is always some catch and the discount did not apply. I placed my order anyways- hoping to send a beautiful birthday bouquet to my sister. They advertise "same day delivery", and for the price, I assumed this would happen. I was contacted by Ava's flowers- indicating that unfortunately, they would not be able to deliver them the same day, but would deliver them "first thing in the morning". I was disappointed, but agreed. The next afternoon, I received an email that they would deliver them the next available delivery date (which was 2 days later). At 11:00 a.m., I called to check on the status of the delivery. They STILL have not been delivered, but they assure me it will be today. I expressed my disappointment. I will be calling back in a few hours to check and see if they were in fact delivered ( now 3 days past her birthday). If they have not been, I will ATTEMPT to get my money back (which of course they charged my credit card immediately for). So, I have already paid over $70 for flowers that STILL HAVE NOT ARRIVED. I definitely should have done better research on this place. I will never use them again- or any online florist for that matter. I have had way too many bad experiences.

Neesie Littleton, CO

I ordered the Premium Pumpkin Bouquet with added purple roses, instead they took out the orange roses and charged me $20.00 more for the purple which came in pink. The arrangement that was received was half the size of the regular sized one and charge me the Premium Price of $76.00, plus the $20.00 extra. When I complained below is the response of the manager, James W. "We regret that you were unhappy with the receipt of your order. After reviewing your beautiful photo, and reviewing the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly. Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description as well as our Substitution Policies. I have attached a copy of Our Substitution Policy for your viewing." **Item pictured is a depiction of an arrangement that we will make as similar as possible with the same look and feel** When I responded, he never responded back. I look at all these sites with 4 and 5 star reviews and they must be fake!

Jeff Kunkel Jr. Fairfield, CT

Ordered flowers for my wife on our anniversary at 2:00 to be delivered to our family's house. They were supposed to deliver at 4:00. They stated they attempted delivery at 3:00 which was false. After several attempts to find out where they are, they continued to tell me they were going to be delivered that day. Never happened. They then attempted to deliver the next day and my family members refused the delivery because they were supposed to be there the day before, and we don't even live there - we were just visiting family that day. I then attempted to get a refund and they refused because they said the flowers were delivered and signed for. They said they were signed by my wife - who was 30 miles away at the time. They still have not given me a signed receipt with her name on it. They refuse to give me my money back. I am having them investigated for fraud. Forging someones name on a receipt is not only fraud, but identity theft. They could have avoided all of this by simply giving me a refund - but they are a company that relies on dishonest employees running a fraudulent business.

Anna Claire Abbas

I should've read more reviews before I placed my order. WHAT A SCAM. TERRIBLE customer service. Claiming to be "local, family owned and operated business" but when you call its a room full of people in a corporate office who all have foreign accents. Promised same day delivery all over their website but then claim they can't deliver it today. They are refusing to cancel my order. I have been on the phone for over an hour trying to get my order cancel and they keep transferring me to different people and putting me on hold. I have asked to speak to a manager multiple times and keep getting an automated message when I'm "transferred." DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!! They will steal your money. I'm reporting them to the BBB and having my credit card company cancel the order. Update: Finally spoke to a manager over an hour later who claims they cannot cancel my order because its in their "terms" that same day orders cannot be cancelled- even though they cannot fulfill the order as promised. I placed the order prior to their "same day cut off time." She was so rude- laughing at me & cutting me off. This business should be shut down. I filed a complaint with the BBB and will be disputing the charges with my credit card company. I have never in my life experienced such horrific customer service. Also, I am a real customer and will be happy to provide my order # and receipt.

Kaye San Mateo, CA

This was absolutely the worst service that I have ever received. I ordered flowers for my mothers memorial service and the flowers were 3 and a half hours late, not even the color I ordered or the vase that I paid extra money for. I called the company days leading up the event to confirm my order and to make sure they knew where they were going. The person I was speaking to knew exactly where he was going. Apperantly, he didn't know where to come to the day of the event and went to the wrong location. The flowers were almost dead and so ugly and the deliver was so rude. I called to complain about the service I had received and they would not let me speak to a manager. All the could do was give me 15% and that's so unexceptable. They keep hanging up on me. I don't recommend this horrible business. Don't support this horrible company. All these people are rude and disrepectful. Support a different flower company that gives you the service that you deserve.

Aden Bolin Rock Hill, SC

Normally I try to handle things thru a company's customer service department. unfortunately that was not possible with AvasFlowers. #1 The customer service number provided is not a working or valid number - in fact it is no longer in service #2 Customer service's email system is laughable. It specifically states typical email return contact time is 8 hours - less than useful for immediate issues #3 When someone does finally get back to you, they offer virtually no solution to the problem at hand, and what solutions they do offer they do not follow thru with #4 When emailed AGAIN about the SAME problem, they never emailed back This is the worst online company I have ever dealt with!!! Arrangement ordered: 10/13- not delivered. Solution Proposed: Redeliver 10/14 - not delivered 10/15 - not delivered 10/16 - not delivered 10/17 - not delivered - called 3x, no answer 10/18 - not delivered - called 3x, no answer 10/19 - not delivered - called 2x, answered, offered to deliver 10/20. Offer refused, refund demanded. They argued about giving refund. Put on hold for 10 minutes, no one ever came back to phone, sent to prompt to schedule a return call. Is this seriously how someone should conduct business?

Erin Utica, NY

I ordered flowers for my moms birthday. I got a delivery confirmation email stating they were delivered when in fact they were NOT. I called and they said there was a mix up but they would be there shortly. The flowers were never delivered. I called the next day (after an email went unanswered, and 2 call back requests that never came) and they said the cops were called when they tried to deliver. I explained that they must have went to the wrong address. I asked for a refund and was told they couldn't do that. But said they could deliver them that day...still waiting for flowers, but they were quick to take my money.

Meredith Nuss Washington, DC

I ordered flowers for a family member who had just come out of intensive care. They were initially supposed to be delivered on Friday and then, after receiving a call after 9 pm, I received an email advising that they couldn't deliver on Friday and that the flowers would be delivered on Saturday. I received a confirmation email around 7 pm advising that the flowers were delivered. When I did not get any call from my relative I called to see if she liked the flowers only to be informed that no flowers had been delivered. We called customer service on Sunday and were told we had to wait until the next day for them to talk to thwir driver. After 2 hours of promises of possible delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday, they couldn't tell me for sure because they couldn't get thw florist in the phone, they finally aquiesced and begrudgingly issued a refund. ..that will hit my bank account in 10 days. Appalling fraudulent service. Run...do not use...

Kim L Townsend

If I could give a zero star (or, better yet... a MINUS rating) for Avas Flowers, I would! My cousin passed away and my family and I were unable to attend the out-of-state funeral. In our stead, I wanted to order sympathy plants for his mother and widow, as well as flowers for the service. I've ordered flowers many, MANY times before (usually with ProFlowers.com), but have NEVER had as upsetting, maddening or exasperating experience in my life! In brief (yes - this is the SHORT version): * I called Ava's Flowers on Saturday to order flowers and plants for my cousin's funeral to be held Monday morning at 10:30 a.m. * The guy who answered Saturday's call told me to call back on Sunday. (???) * I called on Sunday and spoke with 'Eddie'. I stressed that it was imperative that the plants/flowers were to be at the funeral home by/before 10 a.m. on Monday. * Eddie put me on hold and claimed to be "checking with the local florist". He then assured me that "the local florist said they would open 'extra early' on Monday to get the order ready and it is guaranteed to be at the funeral home before 10 a.m." * I reiterated that if there was ANY chance that the order wouldn't be delivered in time for the funeral at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, then I didn't want to place the order. * Eddie GUARANTEED me that the order would arrive Monday by/before 10 a.m. * I placed an order for two plants and one floral arrangement to be delivered to the funeral home Monday morning by/before 10 a.m. The total cost came to $208.18 * Monday morning, I called the funeral home at 10 a.m. and asked if my flowers/plants had arrived. They had not. * I went to my order confirmation e-mail and clicked on the 'check delivery status' button. A message came up that said my order was scheduled for delivery that day - and no other information was available at that time. * I called the phone number listed on my e-mail and went through a ridiculously long menu in an attempt to talk with a human. * Once I finally reached someone (Lydia), I was asked to hold while they tried to contact the florist (I thought I was supposed to be talking with the florist in the first place)! They couldn't reach the florist - and then the line went dead. * By this time, the funeral had already begun. My phone rang and it was the same company, but this time I was speaking with Natalie. In my frustration, I said I wanted to cancel the flowers (which, obviously, were not present at the funeral)... but still wanted the plants to go to the deceased's mother and widow. * I was flippantly told by Natalie that they were 'sorry' and would refund the cost of the flowers. * The time was now a bit after 11 a.m. and I was extremely irritated. What put me over the edge, though, was when Natalie said that she had talked with her supervisor about my horrible experience and that her supervisor was willing to give me "the best compensation that they've ever extended to someone": a $20 in-store coupon. * That was IT!!! I told her that she AND her supervisor must be drunk to think that I would EVER spend another penny with this company and, furthermore, that pitiful gesture was the final straw - so I canceled my ENTIRE order! I am so incredibly disgusted by this company who, by the way, is NOT a local florist in the area that I wanted flowers delivered to. I consider this entire rotten experience to be a perfect example of fraud on the part of Ava's Flowers - and I suspect I'm not their first victim. They have yet to refund my money - and the worst of it is that there were NO flowers and plants from my family and me at my cousin's funeral. Shame on them! Buyer beware - this is NOT a good company and I can't UN-recommend them enough!

Amanda Bates CA

I ordered flowers to be delivered before 1 on tuesday, I got a confirmation of delivery but after much time on the phone they never delivered until the following day this is my 3rd day I demanded a refund because these were apologetic flowers and needed to arrive before one, they said I had to return the flowers the get my refund after they did not fulfill the service required I spoke to Camila Zavala as a manager she could not get me to her supervisor or anyone higher in rank. This place is horrible I am a first time customer and will give bad reviews on Facebook, instagram, BBC everywhere this place took my money and never fulfilled the promised service!!

Gina Donato San Francisco, CA

The lovely ladies at my office ordered a Areca Palm for my birthday on 8-18-16 and spent a pretty penny on it. Although we took good care of it, it immediately started to show signs of distress and I thought it was just traumatized from the move. I left on vacation a week after it arrived and when I returned it was half dead. Upon closer inspection, it was covered in spider mites which I have a photo of but this site does not give that option. The response from Avas after three conversations with their "customer service representatives" is that is it not their problem. But they would be happy to give us 30% off our next purchase of dying plants and terrible service. Hmmmm. No thanks. In the long run, it would have cost them much less to simply replace their buggy plant.

Aaron Matsler CA

BBB rating is an F! This company is absolutely horrible! Please do your research before placing an order with this company. They messed up a $130 order I placed by only delivering half of what I ordered and what I did get wasn't correct ether. I called customer service and spoke to 2 different representatives. Their resolution was to give me a $20 store credit. The first representative actually said he would call my 9 year old daughter and tell her personally that he was sorry. What? He wanted to speak to my 9 year old? Seeing how I could hardly understand what he was saying with the accent from another country and that my daughter was devastated, I'm not quite sure how that is going to make things ok. Both representatives could barely speak English so I'm pretty sure the call center is not in the US. These representatives both laughed, were rude and would absolutely not let me speak to a manager. I found it weird that they both no matter what wanted me to speak to a manager. They both hung up on me and now I stuck with a $130 charge, an upset wife and daughter, a ruined morning having taken 2 hours out of my work day and flowers that were supposed to be a cheerful thing now a complete disaster. ABSOLUTLEY DO YOUR RESEARCH! The price is a little cheaper but if the order is incorrect for what ever reason then that cheaper price isn't so cheap anymore because you will not get a refund. I wish I would have spent the extra few dollars and ordered from a reputable company that stands behind their product than to have to go through this nightmare. You might get lucky but is a few dollars worth the gamble when sending something with such meaning. Yes I'm upset but this is an honest to God review of how a company doesn't care about their customers only their bottom dollar. Good luck if you do try this company. I've always had good luck in the past at 45 years old. Very rarely have I come across a company like this. Again go read the Better Business Bureau. They gave this company an F rating.

Lacey Jackson

I placed an order on Sept 7th for delivery on the 8th for birthday flowers and balloons. This order was important. I reviewed multiple websites and did not realize Avas was a third party larger corporation because it said multiple times on its website that it was a “local florist”. I now know that this means they have contracts with local florists to whom they send orders and in exchange handle the customer service…poorly. I received confirmation that the order was left with intended recipient, and yet the recipient had not received the package. I e-mailed immediately to inquire as to where the package was, and why I received delivery confirmation. Two e-mails were sent separately. Both were responded to with the same boilerplate response. The customer service site claims extensively that they are open 24 hours per day for customer service needs. This is not true. The line actually states that they are only open during normal business hours EST. Calling back at 9a.m. EST I was unable to reach an individual for hours. The recording says to schedule a time for them to call back within a 30 minute window. This never happened. The call never came. It took six attempts before I reached a person, and was not re-routed to that same “call back” message. I finally reached a human an hour later who admitted that this call back feature does not work. No call back is scheduled. He had no updated information and it was too early to reach his designer locally. I was then reassured that I would receive a phone call within the next few hours, as they would be sure to keep calling. This too never came. Four hours later I called again and after five more unsuccessful attempts wherein I was re-routed to the “book a call back time” option, I finally reached someone. The second individual contacted the designer, indicative of the fact that no one had bothered during that interim. It was concluded that negligence is what resulted in the delivery failure. The company added flowers to improve the look of the bouquet and Avas refunded the expedited shipping costs and offered store credit which never expires, though I will unfortunately not be using it. The second individual to whom I spoke was professional and kind, even offered to make a personal phone call to the recipient to apologize for the birthday bouquet not reaching her on the birthday. While this individual did call the recipient personally, refund the extra shipping, and give me store credit which I will not use and have asked be taken back, the item STILL has not shipped. I was promised yet again that it would arrive a day late on the 9th and it did not. What I learned from their customer service is that the local designers have 24 hours from the time they submit the “left with intended recipient” delivery confirmation to send over a copy of the actual signature. The local designer did not actually make the delivery, but submitted that delivery confirmation in order to buy themselves another 24 hours in which to make the delivery. They were trying to circumvent the system, and in doing so I paid the price. What's more, they failed a second time to make the delivery. I have asked for a full refund and we shall see how things progress in that department.

Jane Ekbatani Santa Rosa, CA

Do not do business with this company, they are scam artists. The bouquet I sent was supposed to be valued at $87.99 and it looked like something from the grocery store valued about $25.00. They offered a 45% discount if you ordered from them in the next 41 minutes! This brought down the total for the bouquet to the sale price of $52.99! The bow looked like something from the Dollar Store! They repeatedly refused to honor the order for the flowers I ordered and insisted that I got what I ordered. I am reporting them to "ABC 7 On Your Side", consumer advocates, and reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. They advertised free delivery and then snuck in a "Handling Charge" of something like $11.95. They also charge $2.99 for a small card that said who was sending the flowers. Most florists offer a free small card to place in the bouquet, but not this company. The total price came to $64.63. No bargain here and you could do much better going to Safeway and picking up a nice bouquet!. Or better yet, support your local Florist! I feel I was scammed by these people, first by their ad indicating they were Sebastopol Florists, and second by the inferior bouquet of flowers that were delivered. Avas Flowers turned out to be a "clearing house" like FTD, but not nearly as good. They are actually located in Mahwah, New Jersey. The old adage goes here, if it looks too good to be true it probably is too good to be true! Buyer beware! They advertise like they are a local Florist when you search for a Florist online in a particular city. There are many negative reviews on FaceBook and they average 1 star! Their company page states they are rated 5 stars! I wish I would have researched FaceBook before I ordered the flowers. I could not find them on Yelp.com.

chris Charlotte, NC

These guys are not a real florist. They Hijack local florists business and lie to customers saying they are local. They charge all of these fees that they keep. they do not send the delivery or anything to the local florist. They send your order through wire service companies like FTD and 800 Flowers/Bloomnet and get paid 27% of the subtotal. An example would be this. flowers $39.99 delivery $9.99 sales fee $9.99 handling fee $5.00 the only amount they wire out to the local florist i $39.99. they are ripping you off and devaluing your order. they lie and promise early delivery and charge extra for it, which thy keep!!! They give no refunds regardless of anything!!! Crooks They hire phone centers out of the country and none of these know anything about flowers. call a local florist always. When you are on google and search florist and where it is going, do not! hit the ads above, they are all scam companies. scroll down and click the ones that are local with a local address and phone number. its less cost and better quality. companies like this are ruining the flower industry. These companies as ell as FTD, Teleflora and 800 flowers Bloomnet have put a lot of florists out of business. Flowers are expensive and even for the florist. They are a luxury and the prices they charge you on here are a lie!!! this is why most florist wont fill their orders. Florists cannot fill them and cover their flower costs and cannot make any profit after they devalue this order and the wire service companies outrageous fees. Please educate yourself and do not call these online companies. Always a local florist You will be so glad you did!!!

Suzanne Viele Frenchtown, NJ

I ordered a $240 funeral arrangement ... what was delivered was nothing like what was shown online. I understand the need to 'substitute', but it should look fairly similar. The color scheme was very different as well as a lack of fullness (I ordered the deluxe version which is what was pictured). Suffice it to say, I was very disappointed. When I sent an email to customer service, what I got was an apology and a $20 online credit for future use. Really?, do they think I would use them again? "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". I was essentially stuck with what they delivered since the memorial service was occurring in a few hours ...

Sue Lawrence, KS

Sounds like everyone else that has ordered from this awful company is having as many problems as I have. I ordered flowers a day in advance online, then on the day of delivery they emailed me to contact them...I did, going through their prompts twice because they disconnected me the first time. Apparently, the florist didn't have the same color of flowers of the basket of flowers that I ordered so they asked if I would approve flowers that they did have. I said yes, that was fine.....Oh, but that will cost an additional $20 in delivery charges above and beyond the $14.00 I had already paid in service charges. So you're charging me $20 more to send flowers that are your mistake? I told them that their website said "free delivery" all over their home page, but I was actually paying $34. I refused, so we'll see if I have problems with a refund. I used a local florist that was nice enough to do a last minute delivery that day. I'll never ever ever use this site again. Sounds like everyone else feels the same way. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!!!

Gayle Honolulu, HI

I made an order for a special occasion 4 days in advance. On the delivery date I was notified by email that my bouquet could not be delivered. This was an important delivery to a client. I was extremely disappointed. Customer Service Representative, Edgar was the only saving grace. He was extremely apologetic and tried to remedy the situation but without luck. He was courteous and very helpful. Otherwise, though, I thought that a 4 day window would be sufficient so that I could be notified that I should make an order elsewhere, or perhaps modify my order so that it could be fulfilled on time.

Catherine Lawrence, MA

A close friend of mine passed away a few days ago and for the wake (this Friday) I wanted to send a bouquet of flowers to the funeral home. I no longer live near this friend and I am unable to make it to the wake, so I researched some local companies that would be able to fulfill a nice flower arrangement and timely deliver. I found Ava Flowers online and decided to order from them. No more than 2 hours after the order, I received an email and text requesting that I call them due to an URGENT matter. I called the company and the first representative I spoke with seemed to have no idea why I was being told to call. After several minutes on hold, I'm finally told that the order cannot be fulfilled and I would need to pay an additional $40 to use a different company or arrangement or they would just send a fruit basket to the family instead. I requested a refund because, after reading the full obituary, I realized donations in lieu of flowers was a much better idea. After arguing with him, I was told to call back in 5 minutes. When I called back, another representative answered. After explaining what the first one had said to me, she stated that she didn't believe he worked for the company and that they would never offer me those options, then proceeded to give me more options and told me that she had personally contacting the funeral home and was assured flower arrangements were still being taken. I requested, yet again, a refund since the order could not be fulfilled and no action had been taken yet to create the order, and was told I was being transferred to a supervisor. After 10 minutes on hold, the hold music stopped and demanded I schedule a call back. I called the company again and spoke with ANOTHER rep, again, and demanded to speak with a supervisor, only to be put on hold for another 15 minutes and to have the same message kick in. I called back twice more with similar results, except this time, I was actually hung up on. Finally, I decided to call my bank and dispute the charge. Thankfully, my bank was able to dispute the charge and refund my money after contacting the company. Minutes after I get off the phone with my bank, Ava's calls me back to let me know that they are waiting for a phone call from my bank to notify them of the dispute (which already happened as they were clearly notified if they knew about it). This was absolutely the worst company to deal with. I never thought I would need to read reviews for a flower company in my life and I have officially learned my lesson. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Completely incompetent people with poor communication skills who have absolutely no understanding of how a company should run. Do no use this company unless you have some pent up rage you're ready to get out by fighting with some of the most narrow-minded and daft beings on this planet.

Lisa Worcester, MA

Do not order from this company! I had a horrendous experience today and after seeing all of the negative reviews online and the BBB, I wished I had checked before giving them a chance. I received a plant and it was very poor quality for the $60 I spent. Carol at the office kept arguing and saying her "designer approved it" and they all thought it was beautiful, and she was laughing at me on the telephone and would not follow through on their policy to exchange the product. Their customer service is the lowest of the low. Shame on them! They should not be in business. Please read all of the reviews online before you give them any business.

Cindy Black Hemet, CA

As soon as I placed the order, they called me to "discuss" my order. When I called back they said they did not have the item I ordered in the small size, I needed to upgrade to the largest size, and they needed to charge me an extra $15. I told them, "No," and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money. They insisted that they would find me a better deal. They left me on hold 2 more times and came back with the same deal - an upgrade that would cost an extra $15. I insisted that they cancel and refund my money, and they hung up on me!!!! I called back 3 more times, waited on hold, and told them to cancel my order and refund my money. One time they lied and said the designer was already working on my flowers, even though they were not going to be delivered for 2 more weeks. I told them it was obviously a lie, and they hung up on me. They hung up on me each time I called back and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money. I sent them an email asking them to cancel my order and refund my money. They never answered, never cancelled or refunded. When I read the reviews, I saw that they pulled this "extra money" scam on every customer. Horrible business!!!! Don't buy from them!!!!!!

JaNae Smith Salt Lake City, UT

The flowers were not delivered on my mother's birthday as requested, and they did not call regarding reschedule. My mother was home and waiting for the flowers so they must have had the wrong address if they really attempted delivery at all. They did not call me or any other number on file to call for problems. Also, once finally delivered 2 days later, the arrangement was nothing near what I ordered. They would not refund the money either saying I approved a 'designer choice' arrangement when I never approved this. I am beyond upset that my mother's 60th birthday did not turn out the way I wanted.

Rod Schurman Fremont, CA

Ava's Flowers is the worst service company I have ever dealt with. Everyone makes mistakes, things happen, but to be lied to repeatedly, repeated promises of fulfilling the order only to eventually have the order canceled without explanation is totally unacceptable. I intend to repost this in multiple places for at least the next year around any holiday that may involve flowers. Here is my story. My sister recommended Ava's Flowers since they had successfully delivered flowers to my mother several times in the past. Saturday morning I place an order for delivery on Mother's Day, the next day (order #3180788). I am advised that due to the holiday the order may not be delivered until Monday. That's fine, no issue, I was late in placing the order. Later that day I check on the order status and am surprised to learn it will be delivered that day, Saturday. Cool! At 6:30 pm I check again and am informed the flowers should have been delivered but the driver has not confirmed delivery yet. Great, I think. At 10:30 on Sunday I receive an email that my delivery date has been changed to Tuesday. What? That's weird, not catastrophic since my mom's birthday is Wednesday, so all good, but I call customer service to find out what happened. Eventually the customer service guy apologizes for the mis-information and tells me the flowers will be delivered on Sunday. Great, thanks I tell him. Sunday comes and goes, no flowers delievered. Monday I get a call from another person who apologizes for the flowers not being delivered and promises that not only will the flowers be delivered Tuesday, but they will make them bigger and better than what I ordered. Great, thanks, just make it happen, I tell the lady. Late Tuesday I get an email that my order has been canceled and my money has been refunded (maybe they just refunded my my order? Nope.). Wednesday I call my mom and wish her a Happy Birthday and learn that no flowers have been delivered. I can understand delays around holidays, but to have been lied to three times with no valid explanation as to what happened is totally unacceptable. No one in my family will ever order from Ava's Flowers again, and I strongly urge my friends and theirs to never order flowers from them as well.

LoriRow Palm Bay, FL

On May 3, I ordered flowers for my mom on Mother's Day. I wanted then delivered early to insure they would get there because it means a lot to my mother. They were supposed to come Friday the 6 but by Saturday and Sunday I spent hours trying to find out what happened to the flowers. First, they couldn't find my order. I called my credit card which confirmed they were paid May 4th. Finally someone found my order and told me they would be delivered that day, Mothers Day. That night I got a call from my mom, still no flowers. I tried to call but it kept going into a voice mail. I left messages with no return calls. I finally got someone on Facebook that found the order but told me the florist was gone for the day. The next day, after Mother's Day, I got a FB message telling me the florist never got the order and I can either have it delivered late or cancel the order. Really? Hours of calling ruining my Mother's Day and my moms and she can either get late flowers or cancel? No discount, no coupon, no nothing! Horrible customer service. Of course I cancelled because they are not getting a dime of my money!

Angel V. Wesley Chapel, FL

⚠ WARNING: HORRIBLE FLOWERS ⚠ Avas Flowers - Nipomo, CA Order #2893025 with a delivery date of 02/12/2016. I placed this floral order with a family owned business because I want to support small businesses and thought a small family owned business would put thought and effort into the arrangement I ordered for my sister on her birthday (which also happens to be Valentine's day). I asked and paid for their largest floral arrangement with hydrangea and roses. Was I in for a horrible shock when my sister sent me a photo of what was actually sent by this florist. What was actually sent by this florist were 4 very small roses with 2 hydrangea. There was an orange on her desk that was almost just as big as the arrangement designed by this florist. NEVER EVER will I do business with Avas Flowers again. Good luck on speaking with anyone regarding an order already placed. They only answer the phone if you are placing an order. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE with your business! ⚠ WARNING ⚠ DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH AVAS FLOWERS!

Raven ,

If I could give 0 stars I would. They cancelled my order and didn’t even want to give my money back. Ruined my girlfriends birthday surprise. Never shoo with this company, ever.

Malia Smith Windermere, FL

Absolutely horrible! I will never use them ever again. Their phone system is terrible. I called to try and change my delivery date and talked to someone who said they fixed it...they didn’t. Tried to call multiple times and their phone system just repeats the order then hangs up. Worst florist ever. I will NEVER use them again.

Kathy Robertson Idaho Falls, ID

I phoned in an order for Mother's Day and was verbally assured that it would be delivered on time. When the flowers didn't arrive, I checked the status and was only then informed of their "flex policy." The flowers may not be delivered until Thursday--four days after Mother's Day. Another florist refused my order because they were completely booked for the holiday. Ava's is unethical and I will NEVER order from them again. In my opinion, it was an expensive scam. I have attempted to cancel the order, but their "customer service," keeps hanging up on me!

SHERYL WALKER Hudson, NH

I wish I had read the reviews for Avas Flowers before I ordered. I went with what I thought was a local florist for a quicker delivery, had I known it would take 5 days for a delivery I would have gone with any online florist. I ordered an arrangement for a friend who lost her dad to be delivered on 4/24/20. On 4/26/20 I received an email that it would deliver 4/27/20. After emailing them that this had to be delivered ASAP, they called to tell me they would deliver 4/28/20. They took the money out of my account on 4/25/20. Don't order from them if you need a timely delivery!