Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.9
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.4
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.0

Rebeca Barnes

May 14th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! This company is not local, and they are a fraud. I ordered flowers to be delivered to a hospital. I got a text and email confirmation saying they were delivered. They were not, but they did charge my credit card. Customer "service" was rude and awful. Absolutely non-responding. After more than five different calls they kept repeating they had to check what happened with the florist, but were unable to reach him. Three callback promises unfulfilled, I am having my credit card company seek refund. I never write reviews but these people are scam artists. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!

Victot

May 14th, 2018 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not ever ever!!! Buy from this place, I placed an order for my mom online, they charge me $100+ and my mom ended up getting a 20dlls bouque of flowers :(

SL

May 10th, 2018 Willacoochee, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Gosh where can I start! All I can say is DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, I repeat DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I called to cancel my order and was told that yes they would but still charge me $20 for service fee and etc. Representative said that's why you agree to the terms and conditions, but i read the terms and conditions and it says that if you call within 24 hours to cancel your order that you would get a FULL REFUND! And when I called I argued with they guy and eventually he said okay okay we will give you a full refund and not charge you for service fee. The next day I called again and spoke with a different representative and she said that it showed I was still going to be charged the $20 and when I asked, "So pretty much what you're saying is that the guy I spoke with yesterday lied to me so I would hang up??" And she replied, yes he did! Made me mad cursed her out and hung up! Don't ever buy from this company. They have hidden fees that are ridiculously high and are not worth the flowers! Stay as far away as you can from them!!!

Shane Schnaebele

May 9th, 2018 Cary, IL

I Placed an order on a Friday for a same day delivery product and requested it be delivered on the following Monday and payed extra for it to be delivered before 1pm. It is now after 2pm on Tuesday and it still has not been delivered. I asked that they cancel the order and refund my money but they refused since it is on the truck. I asked to speak to a manager and was denied because they were not available. When I said I would wait, I was told that they could allow me to tie up the line. I asked to have a manager call me back and they said that was not possible. The most I have been offered on a purchase of over $100 is a $10 credit. They obviously think that a coupon will lead me to profit them more with a future purchase. CHOOSE A DIFFERENT COMPANY!

Susan Leon

May 7th, 2018 Stow, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible company. Didn’t deliver same day. Didn’t deliver the flowers I ordered. They said they weren’t available and substituted tulips without asking me. They finally delivered 3 days later and my friend said the flowers were nice. I sent email and had to call 3 times to get flowers at all. After putting in my credit card online a charge of an extra 19.99 was added for handling etc. unbelievable!!! Never never again. Don’t shop here. So upsetting. Read the other reviews. Awful treatment of customers.

Pam

May 7th, 2018 Saint Charles, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I Thought I was buying local as I googled “same day florist delivery” and the city. I ordered online around 12:00, and received an order confirmation, and later a delivery scheduled email. But about 5 hours later I received numerous texts, calls and emails telling me to call them. When I did they said they couldn’t do same day because they couldn’t find an available florist- which is when I realized they were NOT local. They told me they could deliver it the following day. I told them that I had used them as they said same Day delivery and it was for a friend’s anniversary of her son’s death, and I never received any notice otherwise until it was too late to find someone else. Then they Told me they would give me a store credit but I told them that I wanted a full refund as I did not Plan on ever doing business with them Again

Linda Durnan

April 23rd, 2018 Wading River, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered an arrangement and the wrong one was delivered. It included flowers that I hate. Customer service said they would get back to me but still haven't heard from them after several days.

Ann Cranford

April 6th, 2018 New Braunfels, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

THEY MAKE PROMISES THEY DONT KEEP ! I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET FLOWERS ON MY BIRTHDAY ,IN THE MORNING, THEY NEVER SHOWED UP SO I GO OUT LATE AFTERNOON FOR DINNER. ON MY WAY HOME I GET A CALL TO SAY THEY TRIED TO DELIVER MY FLOWERS BUT SINCE I WASNT THERE THEY WOULD DELIVER THEM THE NEXT DAY BETWEEN 8:30AM & 12:30 PM. I SAT AROUND WAITING THEY DIDN'T SHOW UP TILL 1:45 PM. ANOTHER DAY WASTED WAITING ON FLOWERS ! WHEN I ASK WHY THEY WERE LATE, THE DELIVERY PERSON SAID THEY DIDNT GIVE A TIME ,IT'S AVIS PROMISES. SHE SAID THEY MAKE ALL KINDS OF PROMISES THEY DONT KEEP. THE BEST WAY TO ORDER FLOWERS IS DIRECTLY FROM THE FLORIST ,...THEY ARE CHEAPER,AND WORK WITH YOU. GOOD TO KNOW. I LEARNED A LESSON ,NOT TO USE AVIS, .(WE SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT ALL THEIR BAD REVIEWS. LIVE AND LEARN.

Alice Hilton

April 2nd, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was promised, after emphasizing that I was looking for same day delivery of flowers and candy, that this delivery would be made that day (the day before Easter). With that assurance, I went to work and wasn't available by email or cell for several hours. Later, I saw several messages from Avas. I gave a call and was told that nothing was delivered that day. The flowers would be delivered on Tuesday (2 days after Easter) and the candy basket would be delivered at a later date. I was livid. If I'd known they could not fulfill my order I would have placed my order with another florist. By the time I found out, it was too late to send anything.

J

March 27th, 2018 Knoxville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst experience I have ever had ordering flowers. Terrible customer service , unprofessional, and perform bad business with the local florists they contract with. Do NOT use them. It’s almost like a scam. On a side note every person I dealt with could barely understand English and refused to transfer me to a supervisor. False advertising and charge additional fees. It was a horrible experience and I wasted several hours of my life dealing with them!!

gail starr

March 26th, 2018 Westwood, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On a TUESDAY I wanted to place an online order for funeral flowers for FRIDAY. The online form wasn't working, so I was forced to call in the order. The man who helped me asked me WHAT Time is the funeral. I said 3:30. Deliver by 2pm. Guests arrive between 2:30 and 3 for a 3:30 funeral. ON the day of the funeral I received an email confirming delivery ACTUAL DELIVERY DATE: 3/23 ACTUAL DELIVERY TIME: 4:33 PM. ARE YOU KIDDING? AFTER THE FUNERAL IS OVER????? This is NOT acceptable. What's worse? when I contacted the grieving family, they said NO FLOWERS were received. They are crooks and liars. When I called to inquire, they stated that the flowers arrived a little after 3:10 (STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE), and that the email was wrong. (WHAT?). They refused to provide evidence of that, and refused to let me speak to a manager. Then I emailed, and spefically explained that I already called and spoke to Elisa, and WAS NOT HELPED, when I asked for a manager, she said they were wall busy. I said I would wait. She said I could not. I asked to be put on hold and wait. So she did and then came back and said "nobody is available" I'll take your number and the manager will call you back. And you guessed it, nobody EVER called me back. So I sent an emailed and asked to speak to a manager/supervisor and got an email back saying," How are you. I see one of our employees helped you already!" THEY ARE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE and unwilling to help. There is no customer service.This business is a scam and shout be shut down. They ripped me off for $92 and what's worse, my sentiments of sympathy didn't get expressed at a difficult time. Stay away!

Maria Mazalkova

March 21st, 2018 Valley Stream, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible experience! Ordered flowers for my daughter’s 21 bday. Flowers delivered didn’t match picture on line: instead of pink/red roses they brought red carnations and white tulips.... I thought it was a mistake. When I called in the customer service told me “ it’s ok”- was very rude, no help, no offered solutions, no apology... Never had such a horrible experience!!!

Jan Harper

March 21st, 2018 Somerset, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible company, excuse after excuse and the flowers I ordered for my 3 month old grand who had surgery on her head were never delivered. This place is the scum of the earth!

Becky McMahon

March 21st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered Peace Lilly for funeral viewing and service the following day. Incorrect message and incorrect individual indicated on the the message card and nothing on the envelope to tell who flowere wer from so that the family did not know who sent the arrangement. Signed "Uncle Bud"... no such family member or friend. Since it was my intent to share my condolences at the time of the funeral I was not able to do so. When I called to ask for a refund they listened to the recorded conversation when I place my order and they confirmed that the message and name on card was incorrect. They will not give me a refund. I am 100% dissasatisfied with their service since it was very important to me that my sympathy be conveyed at the viewing and service. I want to total refund. I

r rashid

March 21st, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i paid extra for expedited delivery, and despite that, and now 5 days after the actual day they were supposed to be delivered. still there is no sight or scent of the things. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if they actually have a florist in chicago they work with because from the delivery time it's being carried via pony express from boston. Interestingly their delivery person over there is unreachable by phone from what appears to be somewhere around 10 in the morning to right about 4:55 pm. because despite numerous phone calls, they can't tell me where he is, if he's delivered, if he's delivering, if he's alive or if his pony was shot out from under him by bandits they are polite on the phone but act as though they've done be a favor by returning the expedited delivery fee, even though it was a service i paid for that i did not receive. It wasn't a favor, it was a damn necessity Never going to use them again, and yet, to this day, 5 days after initial delivery, the pony is making it's slow blodding way across the mountains of Pennsylvanian to get the flowers to their destination.

Carolyn Johnson

March 20th, 2018 Glendale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Floral bandits? Underhanded marketing/advertising methods. Difficult to deal with when something goes awry. I pity the local florists associated with them.

l johnson

March 19th, 2018 Glendale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These people are disgusting money mongers with no customer service and like to lie. We ordered birthday flowers to be delivered on 3/16. We received an email they were delivered at 2:36 on that day. However, they were never delivered and 3 days later the local floral firm called to inform us they were out of the flowers we ordered. Avas lied to us. Plus, they were obnoxious in their emails and continued to lie, stating they would investigate it, which they never did. Also, the big banner on their website states there is no delivery charge, which is BS. Instead, after you have entered your credit card info and are ready to click to order, a $15.95 service charge pops up...that is a delivery charge!!! Who are they trying to fool? Don't touch these bandits with a 10-foot pole.

Lp

March 16th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never will I order from this company again. I asked many times to get a copy of my receipt and still today I do not have it. They said FREE shipping, then here is this EXTRA service charge of $15.00. I waited all day for the flowers to be delivered and go to check the status and not only are Avas flowers closed, but they have not got a confirmation from the driver. IN a nut shell, I just got sorry and we will call you when we reach out to the shop that is delivering your flowers. Never heard back at all. $ paid 3.99 for what was suppose to be a big greeting card, NOT.. at all. Just a small card with what I requested to be on it. What a complete rip off this was. I will be sending more complaints to the BBB and other companies. With this many unhappy customers you should be refunding your customers. I also will be sending a picture of the card I paid $3.99 for. My sister did not get her flowers till after 6:30pm last night. I still have no receipt for my transaction and no confirmation of delivery. May have to put in a dispute with my bank.

Becky

March 12th, 2018 Saint Charles, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered 2 arrangements for a family members wake. I am from out of town and they garunteed me that they would be able to get the order done and have them there berfore the wake started. Come to find out they only delivered one of the arrangements that had been ordered and paid for. Totally unacceptable. I hope they willing refund my money. I would never recommend using them. Their web page shows being rated 5 stars and now seeing the actual consumer rating sites, they apparently have been lying.

Amy Wilson

March 9th, 2018 Middletown, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The flowers delivered were not as adveritised.

Jeanne Trew

March 8th, 2018 Westerly, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You will NEVER receive another order from our family!!! You told me you were charging $49.98 and when I received the email’d receipt, you slipped in a $15 “Service Charge”, without my knowledge! You charged me $65.93 and even though I called immediately after placing the Order, you REFUSED to cancel it, at my request. I even spoke with a Manager who also refused to cancel, despite the order being placed just 5 minutes earlier! Additionally, I am writing to the Better Business Bureau, to make them aware of your SHADY practices. I am also going into every review website to let people know you are SCAMMERS!

Michael Weddle

March 5th, 2018 Arlington, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The reviews on their site are false! They are not a local company! The flower arrangement was not even close to the picture on the website! And they didn't deliver any of the extras I paid for! DO NOT USE

CT

March 1st, 2018 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do NOT shop here. They never delivered the flowers, never called to tell me there was a "problem" with the delivery, and NEVER refunded my money. I called countless times and just kept being put on hold. I had to go through my credit card company to get my money back. HORRIBLE service!!! (This is the first negative review I have ever written in my life. They are just that bad.)

Tim Macaulay

February 26th, 2018 Lakewood, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I placed an order online for my mother's 79th birthday on February 22 for a February 23 delivery (her birthday.) I receive a email at 3:49 p.m. February 23 telling me the following: "Thank you for choosing Avas Flowers. Due to unavoidable circumstances, we are making some modifications to your order. We want to make sure all our customers and their recipients feel extra special. We just want to inform you that we will go ahead and proceed with the deliver tomorrow, 2/24. If this causes any kind of inconvenience to your recipient, please contact us immediately at 877-638-6619 so we can work something out." Don't you feel extra special with this email... So I called asking why I am just hearing about this when I placed the order yesterday. They couldn't give me a reason. They just said that they are crediting me $10 for the inconvenience. BTW they charge you $15 for a handling fee that is not described on web site. I told them that I will not be using them in the future. Use some else.

Gregory

February 26th, 2018 Riverhead, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used Ava’s because they had good reviews on their page (which are phony) and the appeared to be loca (they’re not!). I received no invoice or e-mail confirmation. I had no way of knowing if flowers arrived, & the flowers were not delivered in a vase with clear wrap, they were in a brown box! Just what your wife/girlfriend, etc.., doesn’t want! I will never use them again! They could care less that I was dissatisfied!

Greg Robinson

February 16th, 2018 Huntersville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a pristine bouquet , and received a dozen roses. 2 days late. And they tried to stiff me for a hundred bucks when the purchase was only for 57.00 Poor service , no body cares . Rest assured , I'll never buy from them again.

Chuck Fanning

February 16th, 2018 Honaker, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They changed the wording of the card. The note was to read " To my Sexy Lady". Instead, the card read " To my Six Ladies". Needless to say, the phone call I received from my wife made me wish that I not sent anything at all. Also, the card did not even say who the flowers were to go to. When I sent them an email to inform them of the mistake. I have received no response back at all.

Patricia

February 16th, 2018 Chattanooga, TN

I place 2 orders on February 13th one to be delivery on Valentines day & the other one to be delivery on the 15th my daughters b-day, this company did NOT even attempted to delivery the flowers on the 14Th, I was devastated I always send flowers to my daughter on Valentines and her B-Day , I tried to called numerous times , email, send messages all I was getting via text was : sorry for the inconvenience but we can guaranty the delivery, what??? I spend $200.00 in my orders and you telling me NOW, after you debit my credit card you CAN'T GUARANTEE DELIVERY , if that was said to me at front I will NEVE do business with you company . Please consumers DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH AVAS FLOWERS they are unreliable : Same Day Flower Delivery is a fraud & SATISFACTION COMMITMENT , NOT AT ALL . On February 15th I email, called to tell them to cancel my order for the 15th because obviously after my AWFUL EXPERIENCE from the previous day , anyone understand why I will want to continue or even TRUST that AVAS FLOWERS won't do the same on my daughters birthday . OF CURSE because they want their money not matter they failed to delivery on the 14th , and completely disregard my request they have the SHAME to delivery both arrangement on the 15th at 2:00pm ,this is the WORST COMPANY THAT HAS DONE BUSENESS WITH , and as today February 16th have not ones received a phone call or email apologizing for their error.

Kathleen Reilly

February 15th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with !!! Same day Deliver NOT!!! I ordered the flowers for my mother on Tuesday and as of Wed at 5:00 she still did not receive them. States they are located in College Park MD, and they are based out of NJ and sends the orders to florist in College Park. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Then when calling their 877# only robotic answers and then they hang up...

Erin

February 14th, 2018 Lawrence, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don't order anything from Avas Flowers! It's a rip off and their website's email communication is broken and they refuse to admit it. Either that or they purposefully didn't communicate with me...I do think it is the website's fault and not anyone purposefully doing it, but either way, it led to a problem that they now purposefully will not fix. Details: I tried to cancel an order I placed with them immediately after placing it (I suddenly realized there was a near $20 charge on there that I hadn't noticed before clicking the final approve button - my mistake, but also very sneaky on their part to wait til the very end to toss that on there). I tried to contact them 4 different ways over the course of 2 days including on their website and by phone. Never even got a confirmation email of the order, but the pending charge was on my card and the order was showing up in my account on their site, so I knew it got placed. Never got any other communication from them either, including from my multiple attempts at getting my order canceled. Order was delivered anyway and some of the flowers were droopy! (Very disappointing, sorry Mom! Luckily she had gotten much nicer flowers the day before from the other company I ordered from) I was finally able to get in contact with them on my second attempt at calling (the first time, they were still supposedly open, but no one answered the phone) and I was told that I had been sent an email in reply to one of my cancellation attempts informing me you can only cancel over the phone, but now it was too late since they were already delivered. I never got that email; I was constantly checking inbox and junk mail for those 2 days and nothing ever arrived. (I even had him read off my email address and it was correct, which is what leads me to believe it is a problem with the website.) Was told if I was unhappy with the flowers, I could maybe get a 50% refund, but I'd have to send them a photo and whatnot. No thanks; the droopy flowers were not even the main issue! Completely unacceptable experience. Working this out with my credit card company instead.

Kay B

February 14th, 2018 Saint Charles, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. They add surprise fees as you are checking out, then produce a horrible product. Complaints don't help - they can't be bothered. They are after the fast money. There would be better value buying flowers at the grocery store & shoving them in a vase...that's about all they do. No artistry or arrangement at all.

Nancy Bochat

February 8th, 2018 Twin Lakes, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered the "premium" Peach & White sympathy spray for my sisters funeral with the sympathy card $3.99 and two sashes $9.99 each. The picture depicted on the website is of the "deluxe" arrangement and has approx. 50 flowers in it. The arrangement I received as the "premium" arrangement had approx. 35 flowers in it!! It also had a sloppy handwritten card pinned to the ribbon bow and NO sashes! Instead they glued and stapled the words Beloved Sister and Aunt to the ribbon bow! Very very poor quality!! For this, I paid $204.00! After contacting Avas numerous times, they offered what seams like their usual $10.00 credit and a $20.00 store credit (for the sashes that I never received?), like I'll ever use this company again! My daughter ever sent pictures of the awful arrangement and Avas said that it was an acceptable substitution! Well, it is unacceptable to me for the $204.00 I paid!!!! Obviously quality and customer service means nothing to Avas!!! Close your doors Avas! You should not be allowed to be in business!!!!

S Schwartz

February 2nd, 2018 Valley Village, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Please don't waste your time ordering from this florist. My mother is in the hospital and I ordered flowers for her birthday. Paid extra for same day delivery and special handling. They said they delivered, but my mother never got the flowers and the hospital said there was no delivery. The person taking the order misspelled my mother's name, put the wrong room number on the order and failed to send me a receipt for the order. Poor Service!

Robert Brown

February 2nd, 2018 Oregon City, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They didn't deliver the flowers on time. They didn't do anything right that they agreed to. The customer service department they have is like talking to nobody.

Mary Ford

February 1st, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Complete failure to deliver as promised. I paid for flowers to be sent to my sister for her birthday selecting this business for their claim to deliver same day. I chose an arrangement labeled as available for same day delivery and checked the status of my order multiple times over the day. Two hours before the promised delivery time, I was told they would not make the deadline.

Tina Haiderer

January 18th, 2018 Lebanon, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered flowers online for a dear friend who had just lost her mother. I put the order through at Avasflowers.net. They called me to let me know that the particular flower that was in the arrangement was not available. I OKed a substitution. I OKed a different vase. I understand that certain things are not always available. But I did not expect what my friend received. The first picture is what I ordered online. The second pic is what she received. Avasflowers.net's customer service was VERY unhelpful when I spent over 30 minutes on the phone trying to get this resolved. Basically told me tough luck. They even told me I authorized the change and that it was reviewed on the recording, but refused to let me hear the recording. They tried to tell me that the arrangement was actually an upgrade from what I ordered! Laughable!! I am hoping this post will get passed around and people will think twice about ordering from them.

Beth

January 17th, 2018 Chester, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ava’s is a scam and as others have noted the WORST business to work with. I placed a phone order for 5 table arrangements yesterday at 4:02 pm to be delivered the next week-end at a specific time. The email came through with my order and the delivery notation said they would be delivered one of two days which was not what I agreed to and would completely defeat the purpose of ordering the table arrangements. When I called to clarify and have this changed, it became clear that they are NOT local to the place of delivery, they have representatives that are lying about their location, would not provide the address for their main office and REFUSED to cancel my order. I knew at that moment that the flowers would not be delivered on time and would not be satisfactory. While they suggested that I call the local florist the day before to ensure that I get the flowers on time, they could not or would not give me the name of the florist or their number. They told me they could not cancel the order because “the flower arrangements are already made” which could not be true since it was over a week in advance and only 2 hours after I placed the order. They charged the credit card and refused to cancel after four, no five, phone calls. We had to call the credit card company to put this in disputed and they finally relented. While I believe the order has been cancelled, they are continuing to send me emails about this order like it is still in place. I cannot be more certain that this is a disreputable company and do not understand how they could still be in business.

Rachel Haywood

January 12th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you could give 0 stars I would. My flowers were supposed to be delivered this past Wednesday to a funeral home but never made it. I received a phone call from a man I could nearly understand, and he simply said they could not be delivered because no one was there. It is now Thursday and no flowers have been delivered. Their solution is to deliver them to a family member and I am not sure when. They would no give me a full refund as they attempted to deliver the flowers?????? Never again!

Debra

January 8th, 2018 New Baltimore, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give a zero rating I would. WORST FLORIST I've ever used. False advertising. Ordered a beautiful PREMIUM 2 candle Christmas centerpiece for my sister with Roses and lillies. She received a small arrangement of mostly carnations and 3 roses no bigger than a lunch plate with one candle. I've been going round and round through phone calls and emails to complain and all they offered me was a $5 coupon towards a future purchase. No thank you. AVOID Ava's Flowers. They are crooks!

Rick Kasch

December 27th, 2017 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst experience ever by florist and I send flowers every year. Called day before for delivery next day. Promised to be delivered to restaurant in time for luncheon. Never arrived. Will never use again.

Adria Villani

December 15th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is garbage, DO NOT USE. They were supposed to be delivering next day (a Saturday). I called around 4pm on the delivery date as the delivery had not taken place. I was referred to UPS, as they contract out. The delivery had not taken place. By this point, Avas was closed so there was no further contact that could be made. I am waiting until tomorrow (Sunday) to see if I can reach anyone but at this point my money is gone with no product or service provided. DO NOT USE. I am highly annoyed. The whole point of my delivery was time-specific for someone going through a difficult time and this company did not deliver on something as basic as a delivery date. They are contracting out and it seems they do not care about the quality of their services. STAY AWAY.

dean nowell

December 15th, 2017 Gardiner, ME DETAILS arrow_drop_down

worse company ever. order for a funeral. didn't make delivery. didn't want to refund. Talked us into a plant to be delivered the next day. that didn't happen. now 4 days later still won't refund. Says it is still out for delivery. we have stopped payment on visa and filing at better business.

E. A. Jurenovich

December 4th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Note to self: read the online reviews before ordering pricey gifts from unknown online florists! Unfortunately, i didn’t, and I wish I had. I did appreciate Ava’s same day delivery; however, the “upgraded” European Dish Garden that was delivered looked like a cheap an ugly imitation of the pictured arrangement I’d ordered— thrown together in a leftover Easter basket. Very disappointing!!!

Misti

November 27th, 2017 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Worst customer service EVER. I tried for three days to get flowers delivered to a customer in the hospital. Like others, they charged me then let me know at the last minute they could not get the flowers delivered that day, offering discounts and credits. None ever materialized - the flowers never materialized.

Tammy Lawrence

November 27th, 2017 Boaz, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible!!! Mom never got her birthday flowers, Don't use Ava's if it is important to get someone flowers or anything on time or at all.!!!! Still waiting for my refund!!

Ben S

November 15th, 2017 Glastonbury, CT

Can't believe this company is still in business! Not once, but twice they were unable to deliver flowers to wife at work for our anniversary. Called them twice and they offered to send me "upgrades". The first upgrade never came. I wasn't going to try the second upgrade. I talked to customer service representative, but she wasn't helpful. Dania G. was the customer service manager that insulted by offering a $10 store credit. Like I would ever try and use them again. $10 was an insult! They would still get more money out of me. Not having that. They are the worst. DON'T BUY FLOWERS FROM THEM!!!

rosa

November 3rd, 2017 Fair Lawn, NJ

Ordered floral arrangement for the cemetery and the colors of the flowers were not correct. Poor quality. I will not use them.

Lee

November 1st, 2017

Delivery was a day late with no notification and upon delivery the flowers were not the same as what I had paid for! Customer service line had no clue and could not give any information to help. Will not be preserving from this florist again.

Tom Peterson

October 24th, 2017 Midland, MI

After placing order and being assured of same day delivery, was notified that they wouldn't be able to deliver until 2 days. Told rep to cancel order and rep said he's upgrade order for no charge. I said I wanted a refund and he told me he'd give me an in-store credit. It was only after I said I was finshed with this incompetent company that the rep agreed to refund my debit card, though it would take 10-14 days! Don't waste your time with this operation, especially if your flower order is important to you or your loved one

Susan Towle

October 11th, 2017

Order made at 12:30 pm well within 2pm cut off for same day delivery but delivery was not made With the reason given that the order came into late. Also the customer service agent severely missed spelled my email address both in the name, the company name and used the extension .”com” instead of “.org”. I should have read reviews prior to placing my order. From the online ad I thought it was a Seattle, local, company and subsequently I read that it is simply a call center. Buyer beware, do not use this site.