Avas Flowers Logo

3.3

Tina Haiderer Lebanon, CT

I ordered flowers online for a dear friend who had just lost her mother. I put the order through at Avasflowers.net. They called me to let me know that the particular flower that was in the arrangement was not available. I OKed a substitution. I OKed a different vase. I understand that certain things are not always available. But I did not expect what my friend received. The first picture is what I ordered online. The second pic is what she received. Avasflowers.net's customer service was VERY unhelpful when I spent over 30 minutes on the phone trying to get this resolved. Basically told me tough luck. They even told me I authorized the change and that it was reviewed on the recording, but refused to let me hear the recording. They tried to tell me that the arrangement was actually an upgrade from what I ordered! Laughable!! I am hoping this post will get passed around and people will think twice about ordering from them.

Beth Chester, NJ

Ava’s is a scam and as others have noted the WORST business to work with. I placed a phone order for 5 table arrangements yesterday at 4:02 pm to be delivered the next week-end at a specific time. The email came through with my order and the delivery notation said they would be delivered one of two days which was not what I agreed to and would completely defeat the purpose of ordering the table arrangements. When I called to clarify and have this changed, it became clear that they are NOT local to the place of delivery, they have representatives that are lying about their location, would not provide the address for their main office and REFUSED to cancel my order. I knew at that moment that the flowers would not be delivered on time and would not be satisfactory. While they suggested that I call the local florist the day before to ensure that I get the flowers on time, they could not or would not give me the name of the florist or their number. They told me they could not cancel the order because “the flower arrangements are already made” which could not be true since it was over a week in advance and only 2 hours after I placed the order. They charged the credit card and refused to cancel after four, no five, phone calls. We had to call the credit card company to put this in disputed and they finally relented. While I believe the order has been cancelled, they are continuing to send me emails about this order like it is still in place. I cannot be more certain that this is a disreputable company and do not understand how they could still be in business.

Adria Villani

This company is garbage, DO NOT USE. They were supposed to be delivering next day (a Saturday). I called around 4pm on the delivery date as the delivery had not taken place. I was referred to UPS, as they contract out. The delivery had not taken place. By this point, Avas was closed so there was no further contact that could be made. I am waiting until tomorrow (Sunday) to see if I can reach anyone but at this point my money is gone with no product or service provided. DO NOT USE. I am highly annoyed. The whole point of my delivery was time-specific for someone going through a difficult time and this company did not deliver on something as basic as a delivery date. They are contracting out and it seems they do not care about the quality of their services. STAY AWAY.

Tammy Shirley

Worse company ever, I ordered a beautiful arrangement, for my parents 54th anniversary, and received the worse arrangement I have ever seen, the vase was suppose to be red , it was a clear low quality vase , flowers was awful looking, I emailed, I lost track how many times, and sent pictures, then was told they only receive the picture of what I ordered, not the crap my parents received. So I resent over and over, They did nothing to make it right, I will never order from this company again, I usually order about 5 times a year, Mothers Day, Mom Birthday, Dad Birthday, Fathers Day and their anniversary since I am unable to spent this time with them. I was very embarrassed , they must have thought, how cheap, because that's how they looked. Every time I email, all I got was phone calls they are working on it, what are they working on? And Why call me, just make it right, this was so wrong to do anyone this way

C. Wagoner Torrance, CA

Ordered two dozen red roses. Called customer service to make sure the recipient would receive an arrangement with greenery as pictured on the website. They promised I would receive an arrangement exactly the same or better than one from a florist. Not true so buyer beware. The flowers arrived partly wilted in a box. They had to be cut and trimmed, no greenery...worse than plain roses picked up from the grocery store. Two went into the trash. I was embarrassed to have sent flowers of such poor quality. Followed up and complained since I specifically talked to customer service about this being a possible issue. So far, no response.

Natalia

It was a worse experience ever! I placed my order a few days before my friend's birthday and I wanted flowers to be delivered in the morning for a surprise, I even paid an extra 9.99$ for that. The Flowers wasn't delivered on time. I contacted the company and provider assured me that it will be delivered by 3pm for 100%. And it wasn't!!!! I contacted them again and they couldn't give me any information about the order because delivers didn't answered them. By 3.40pm I received confirmation email and text on my phone that Flowers was delivered but it actually never happened. So I suppose to call them a couple of more times to figure out what happening with my order and my friend never got those flowers! Seems like somebody else instead of my friend received unexpected flowers and signed for them. Now I can't even get my money back right away because they need to do investigation who received those flowers!! Totally unpleasant experience! Totally unacceptable! They just said sorry! But nobody cares that my day was messed up and my friend's birthday screwed up!!!

Ron Knight Flower Mound, TX

I contracted with Ava's flowers to have a vase of flowers delivered to my sister on her birthday (July 31) two days from the order date. I input the delivery address (in the center of the town in Texas) and received the order confirmation that they flowers would be delivered to that address on July 31. My credit card was charged. I checked online to confirm the delivery but it never showed a completed delivery. Finally at 8:00 pm on the contracted delivery date, July 31, I phoned Ava's flowers to inquire as to what time the flowers would be delivered. After being put on hold for 14 minutes the Ava Flowers phone rep (whose English was very poor) told me that I needed to pay an additional $10 for the order to be delivered. This was told to me at 8:00 pm on the contracted delivery date after I phoned them! I refused to pay and asked for a cancellation. The flowers were never delivered as contracted and they demanded more money LATE on the delivery day. Horrible company performance.

Marina

All the horrible reviews are correct. After several days of screw-ups, flowers were ordered on Sat. for Monday, and when I tracked delivery discovered it was for the next Monday 9 days away! After several incredibly frustrating phone calls, in which I was repeatedly cut off after 15 - 20 minutes on hold, I finally got the delivery straightened out. When the flowers were delivered I found out they were horrible! Nine of the 17 stems were covered with mold and falling apart. I was sent photos showing a mass of falling apart rotting flowers, covered with clearly visible mold! After another nightmare getting to talk with someone on the phone I did get promised a refund, but I had to argue that I would NOT except a credit, and will NEVER do business with them again.

Debbi Wilt

Do NOT use Ava's Flowers! I work at a florist who has to deal with orders from Ava's Flowers and they are absolutely ridiculous. The consumer spends a mere fortune to send flowers to their friends/loved ones and Ava's only gives the receiving florist a fraction of the money they have paid. They charge for delivery...the delivery charge does NOT come to the receiving florist. Many orders are received days after the intended date of delivery (we received numerous Mother's Day orders from Ava's the day AFTER Mother's Day....orders that were requested to be delivered 1-2 days BEFORE Mother's Day). Many orders are sent that are impossible to deliver as requested, the receiving florist sends a message back to them, sometimes it is DAYS before Ava's responds. If you need to send flowers out of town, simply Google local florists in the area you are sending them to and call a florist direct. It will save you money, and eliminate the fraudulent middleman. You will be much happier with your purchase.

Derek Minneapolis, MN

Ordering flowers from this company for delivery is a joke. I ordered flowers more than 24 prior to the date of anticipated delivery. I chose to pay for the expedited delivery (have them delivered before 1pm) as the recipient would not be at work after this time. I also ordered a box of chocolate to go with the flower arrangement. I was told that I would receive a delivery receipt once the order was delivered. an hour before the 1pm deadline, I called to inquire about the status of the delivery (I wanted to make sure that it got delivered on time) Avas Flowers was unable to get a hold of the vendor they selected to fill this order. They assured me that it would be delivered on time. I called again 15 minutes before the deadline of 1pm and got the same response. At 4pm (3 hours after the 1pm deadline) I received an email stating the the delivery was made. At this time, the recipient was no longer at work. The recipient called her office to ensure that they were in fact delivered. They were, but without the chocolate. The receipt that was included in the confirmation email showed three charges, one for the flowers, one for the chocolates, and one for the expedited delivery. I called to ask for a refund, as this was totally messed up. Avas continued to try and get a hold of the vendor they used for this order, and continued to tell me they were unable to get a hold of them to follow up and get a refund. After several weeks of calling and emailing Avas, they finally refunded my chocolate charge and the expedite. This was helpful but not what I was asking for. My feeling is that the whole order should have been refunded. The recipient of the flowers was not able to actually get them from work until 4 days later after returning from vacation. What a joke, bad customer service, not on time, I would never use this company again, and would urge other to not make purchases from Avas flowers as well.

Ron Wildgust

Customer service seems to come from a 3rd party, foreign(Indian, Pakistani perhaps Philipean)agency who have marginal knowledge of fluent english making it very very difficult to communicate. The price on the website was 49.95 but asking the price when I gave him all the info went to 107.00. After objecting it went to 73.00. After complaining more it went to 57.00. Delivery was promised by 2PM on June 15, 2017. When they did not arrive by 4 I got back on the phone to simply cancel the order to 42 minutes of absolute frustration. When I asked for the phone number of the Mahwah HDQ no one could give it to me, another 23 minutes on hold waiting for a phone number--I hung up and went to my CC company who gave me instruction on how to gain satisfaction. Terrible, terrible company on all levels.

Megan

I ordered sympathy flowers for our grandmother. They were not delivered on the day I ordered(6/5/17). I had to speak with two customer representatives(Dora and John) until I requested to speak to the manager. Larry (supervisor) told me he would give me 20% refund(which I never received) and he told me the following day(6/6/17) they would be delivered or I would get a phone call/email letting me know they were not received. They were not delivered and I had to call customer service again on 6/7/17; I was placed on hold for over 5 minutes and the representative Sam, told me the order was rescheduled for today. I asked to speak to a manager and she transferred me to an extension and the manager didn't answer! I had to ask to cancel my order and it took moving a mountain to try and get a refund!!! Save yourself the hassle and frustration do not use this company!!!! This company is a joke! This company is horrible at customer service! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!

Chris May 22 Easton, MD

The website claimed that the Rainbow bouquet was available for next day delivery, so an order was placed on Saturday. However, on the Sunday delivery date, their customer service called the sender to say they had been robbed and the delivery would not be done until Tuesday. The flowers that were delivered today looked like they had been dyed quickly and then packed in a shipping box which was delivered by UPS. The recipient opened the box and in the process of putting the flowers in a vase got dye all over his hands that he has not been able to wash off even after several attempts. In addition, the artificially dyed flowers smell funny and look unnatural and mangled. I would not recommend the arrangement, the quality or the questionable delivery excuse. Unless you want to send this bouquet as a tacky joke, I would not waste your money. I will be throwing these out. The thought behind the gift is appreciated, but not the quality or appearance of one of my two favorite flowers.

Kristina Brighton, CO

DO NOT waste your money on Ava's Flowers. We ordered a bouquet that was to be delivered Sunday, Monday if unable. We received a call that they were overwhelmed with orders and that it would be delivered Tuesday and would be upgraded. Not only was it not delivered Tuesday, it was delivered Friday and not the same bouquet. When we were told "upgraded" we assumed a larger version of what was ordered. Apparently a dozen roses with nothing else is an "upgrade" to the large and full bouquet we ordered. And their solution to fix their lateness and total switch and in my opinion, downgrade of flowers was to give me a 15% discount and $10.00 store credit. I will never use them again!

Jennifer Hahn Sleepy Eye, MN

I submitted my order online and received confirmation. The following day I received and email that there was an issue and to contact the business. I called and was informed my delivery date would need to be rescheduled for the day after the set delivery. I agreed and was told I would receive a $10 refund for the inconvenience. The following day I received several emails from the company informing me that the delivery would be further delayed several days out and they had the wrong recipient name. I called the company and they told me that someone had manually changed the recipient name and delivery address and that delivery would be several days out. I explained that it was ridiculous, I expect the company to use the information I submitted with the order and not change the recipient, address, and delivery date. The associate offered to fix the issue but the delivery would still be several days out from the scheduled date. What a horrible way to run a company, process orders, and treat customers. I will absolutely NEVER utilize this company and will be sharing my concerns with other potential customers. Shame on this company for being so outlandishly irresponsible and unprofessional as well as incompetent. They need to find anther avenue to generate revenue.

Janele Barreiro

DECEPTIVE AND UNETHICAL COMPANY Ordered flowers for Mother's Day for my mom and mother-in-law to be delivered this past Sunday, 5/14/17. The two separate orders were NEVER delivered. Not only did they ruin mother's day for my family but they refused to give me my money back and I am now out $162. This company is a LIAR and a THIEF. They stole my $162 dollars without providing or fulfilling any service. That in anyone's book is called stealing and is completely unethical and unlawful. They completely lie when they say they are one of America's Top rated local florists. They are NOT local, they are essentially a shady business with call reps in India who contract out work to local florists in the area the flowers are to be delivered. They also say that they are 'family-owned and have a staff of dedicated florists ready to design your order. That is a lie. Again, they contract out all orders so they have no idea who is making the order in the recipient's city. AND, not only that but the permanent banner on their website is misleading and a trap to order within 32 minutes as it says, "LAST MINUTE SALE, Free Delivery & up to 45% OFF, if you ORDER ONLINE NOW - While In STOCK - [Time Left to Buy: 32 Minutes]. It's always there, and it always says 32 minutes. If this is permanently on their website... how can it be a last minute sale? They do this so you can feel like you're getting a deal and you have to hurry to place your order. But you're not getting a deal; they're just swindling you. The customer service rep actually sounded frightened and said he wished he could help me but if he did anything he would be "in grave danger." What does that say about who owns this company and how this company is being run? Just check out how many people are upset on pissedconsumer.com: 3120 negative reviews and $1.2 million claimed losses. That is not okay. One floral shop owner posted this on the site, “This is how Ava's filled your orders. They take your money and offer a service that flower shops will not honor. We stopped taking orders on the 12th of May. Avas sent the orders knowing that could not be filled till a later date in hopes that you would take a discount or say its ok to send it at the later date. Ava's charges 5 bucks per color of bow, card etc... they also charge a service fee of 18.95 to 30.00. The only way we can stop this company is by not ordering from them and going to your local shop or calling a local shop in the town you want your flowers delivered in and by us the florist not accepting the order.'

Kimberlyn Drew

I called them to order flowers for Mother's Day on Friday, and was told they would be delivered either Friday or Saturday before Mother's Day. Then over the weekend, we received an email saying the flowers would be delivered on Monday. Someone left a message for me this morning (Monday) at 6:30 am my time, saying they needed a different phone number for the recipient as they could not get a hold of her, and that they needed it right away so they could deliver today. I called several times and waited on hold at least a total of 45 minutes! I finally got someone and politely tried to tell them that I had had a frustrating experience and the person HUNG UP on me! I have now sent them emails telling them to cancel the order, and I have called my credit card to dispute the charge.

Dan Fesperman Lutherville Timonium, MD

Awful. Three days late on delivery for Mother's Day. Knew they wouldn't be able to deliver on time but took my order (and money) anyway, and then only offered 10 percent discount when I called to complain (and only after waiting through more than 20 minutes of being on hold). They advertise themselves as "local" no matter where you're calling from, or where you're logging onto your computer, but are actually a nationwide operation based in NJ. Deceptive, poor service, and poor response to complaints. Pretty much all you could ask for in lousy retailing. Don't EVER do business with this completely terrible company.

Shaina Galley

I ordered a stellar bouquet of lillies, yellow roses, and some stunning blue and yellow flowers. My mother-in-law​ received a half dead lilly, 2 half dead yellow rose stems, red and white carnations, babies breath and some greenery. Instead of the big lux bow ties around the case I received a color and style of bow better suited to 'congratulations on your baby boy.' Multiple attempts at getting resolution isn't successful. I absolutely understand substitution but it's for flowers of equal or better value. Not carnations, not arranged like it's scraps (which it appears to be) from the warehouse floor. I also ordered the deluxe version. Pics to prove. I will make it my mission to make sure people understand this isn't a real local florist like it fronts to be. You're better off with 1-800-flowers or something else nationally ranked. I'm now off to find a new mother's day gift.

Tina Haynie

DO NOT USE AVAS FLOWERS RATED F BY BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. Ordered flowers for my 80 year old mother in-law and received a text flowers delivered. My husband called the following day; my mother in-law never received them. Called Avas Flowers and they reported flowers were delivered and signed by "Eddie". No Eddie in our family or the tiny town my mother in-law lives in. Then the customer service rep told me my motther-in law could go get the flowers from Eddie. That conversation did not go well. Bottom line they said they would re-deliver the flowers. My father in-law received a call from the local florist telling him to come pick up the flowers as they do not deliver. The owner of the local florist happen to know my in-laws. Told her we paid $93.00 for the flowers she informed me they were allotted $66.00, Avas Flowers got a 27% cut. AVAS FLOWERS SCAMS AND NEEDS TO BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS. NOTICED ON THERE TWITTER MANY COMPLAINTS REGARDING DELIVERIES. They do not deserve one star, but a negative rating.

Carolyn S. Hughes

Lies and different story each and every time that I spoke with their call center regarding my order. At this point, have no idea when the flowers will deliver. Was told that I had agreed to a variable delivery date of over three days and, astounded, asked the source for that information. The rep said that the customer okayed. I told her that the customer was me and that I had never requested nor agreed to that delivery timeline. She muttered on with something about one of the agents, that they were busy with Mother's Day orders (to which I replied that they had very poor project management skills as to not be prepared for Mother's Day and my order was not a Mother's Day bouquet), kept apologizing, and continued to read as if from a script! I clearly restated that my order was supposed to have delivered by 7 p.m. the day before, was told by a monitor that the deliver would happened by that time, and then asked for a supervisor. Was then told that the supervisor was at a late lunch and I would have wait until she returned for a call. That was over an hour and a half ago!!!! Would I ever use them again? Never? And would encourage anyone to stay away from them. Their online ad, listed as a local business located in my sister's town, drew me to them as I always like to use a local florist, call directly, and find out what is seasonably available. Didn't call (my mistake), instead placed the order online, and the headaches started. No confirmation e-mail. I called them and got a run around. Received text messages to respond to a urgent need. Called and the rep had not idea what or why I received the urgent text. What a runaround! They have my money; I don't have the product and have not idea when I will see delivery. Fraud is too light of a word to describe them. Their call center is awful. Warning to all: never, never use!!!!!!

Kim Koller Cleveland, OH

I am disgusted with Avas Flowers. It has been a nightmare trying to get my situation resolved. I paid $97.90 for a dish garden with fresh flowers. It was supposed to come in a 2 foot basket with a nice handle. All was confirmed by the gentleman who took my order. I was embarrassed when I saw the planter at the funeral home. No fresh flowers, no basket, and there was a misspeling on the sympathy card. I was charged for a bow that also was not on the planter. When I sent them a picture to show them there was no bow, they said they would credit my account $4.10, but would do nothing about the missing flowers or basket. This company is fraudulent and I don't understand how they are allowed to continue running their business. There is NO satisfaction guarantee. I can't even get anyone to talk to me or return a phone call.

Mary Ewald San Marcos, TX

I ordered flowers for a funeral through Avas Flowers website. Not only did I Not get a confirmation email, but I had to call 4 times to talk to one of their "outsourced " customer service people. Their website distinctly shows a phone number to call right smack above my order number. I called that number first, only to reach an extremely irate " outsourced " person, who proceeded to yell at me and tell me that my order number was wrong and that she worked for Grandview Flowers!!! I was dumbfounded. So I began to wonder, what has happened to the $107 I just paid via credit card? I called a different contact number, which I had to really really search for, and told them my story. They were very apologetic but I'm still aghast. I sent them a screenshot of their website page with my order number and the weird number in plain sight above it. What they do with that info is their business, but I can see there seems to be a lack of oversight and monitoring of their own business. I will not order from them ever again, my experience was upsetting to be kind.

Judith Barry

DO NOT USE THIS FLORIST!!! I ordered flowers by phone and all information was repeated back to me and yet delivery was attempted in the wrong state! When placing the order I stressed the importance of these flowers arriving on time. The arrangement was guaranteed for delivery before 4pm and yet I wasn't called until 6:30 pm on the day of delivery to 'confirm' the address when they couldn't 'find' the building. (no wonder since they where attempting delivery in the wrong state.) I mentioned cancelling the order and was told the arrangement would be upgraded from a standard bouquet to a premium one at no extra cost. I agreed and the delivery was made the next day but was NOT upgraded and was in fact a pathetic little arrangement. My email was incorrectly recorded as well, so there were issues with obtaining a receipt. When I called to complain about the lack of upgrade they offered me 10% of my next order. I told them no thanks since I would not order from them again. Later that day I got a call from a supervisor offering me a $15 refund to my charge card. It is now a week later and this still has not happened. My advice is to NEVER ORDER FLOWERS FROM THIS COMPANY!

Jeffrey Ziegler

Ava's flowers ads indicate that they are local - but they are not. The order process is a bit complex and then they follow up from a boiler room claimed to be in Mahwah. They confirmed what I had put in the order. and then 2 hours later said they could not find a local florist. I got off the phone with Mahwah and had my order placed with a local florist in 5 minutes. I the asked for my money back - but was told only a supervisor could do that. I asked that a supervisor call me and when none called with 3 hours, I put in an E-mail request - that was answered - but net - I had wasted several hours of my time. Never again

Andrea Radigan Ashburn, VA

Ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday on Sunday and was assured that they would be delivered on Sunday. Agent was very polite and helpful, I made it clear that if the flowers couldn't be delivered on Sunday that I didn't want to place the order. He assured me that they would be and said I would receive a call if there was a problem. At 8:30PM I called (clearly a call center) and was again assured that they would be delivered Sunday evening and that I would receive a $10 credit toward a future purchase. THEY WERE NEVER DELIVERED. I called the number on the website - again a call center - to cancel the order on Monday morning and was basically given all the operator kept saying was that they would upgrade the flowers and give me a $10 credit. After a lot of back and forth including her calling Avas I was finally issued a credit which will take 3-5 business days to process. A few "highlights"- NEVER recieved either of the $10 credit vouchers that I was told were emailed to me. The banner on the website on Sunday said they were having a flash sale and that there was 32 minutes left, well on Monday they same banner was still up INCLUDING "32 minutes left".They advertise themselves as a local florist however they are based in Mahwah, NJ and I was told I was dealing with a local florist in Glenside, PA. Overall NOTHING THAT I WAS TOLD ACTUALLY HAPPENED. SAVE YOURSELF TIME, AGGRAVATION AND EMBARRASSMENT AND TO ELSEWHERE WHEN YOU NEED FLOWERS

Waldi Harris Boca Raton, FL

*Avas charged an unannounced $13.95 service fee after-the-fact. Oh but; delivery (even for same-day-delivery) is free; which was announced! *I wasn't able to cancel my order online once discovering this added charge. *The added charge is not even listed on the receipt Avas emailed; but only visible on the website after I paid - dishonest practice! *I was kept waiting on the phone for 21 min's on my first call to cancel and no-one even came back to address this issue. *I was unable to cancel and then...... *...... still no flowers! There is no response/solution to phone calls. Via email a halfhearted resolution was offered going back on a promise delivered to our voicemail!

V

My husband was travelling to TN and celebrating his birthday alone. To make him feel good, I and my kids ordered flowers from Avas. What I ordered was "Touch of Brilliance Bouquet TBB-X" and what he received was not even close to it. I was charged for a full size greeting card and a bow also. There was no bow and the card was a very small card not even in an envelope while they show it in an envelope on their website. Out of my savings I spent close to $70 to make my husband feel good. Instead I cried looking at the flowers which were sent to him. I deeply regret my purchase and never ever in my life would recommend anyone to order from Avas.

D Tampa, FL

Worst company ever! I order flowers for my 5 yr old niece from Avas flowers. I paid for express delivery in which they guarantee delivery before 1:00pm. The flowers weren't delivered until after 4:00. which is fine, I can handle it...Things happen and I'm not unreasonable. The problem is, the picture that they are advertising on their website does not reflect the ones that were delivered. The flowers in the picture were full and beautiful. What I received was the complete opposite. After contacting them, they said that there was nothing they could other than come pick them up! So my 5 year old niece, who has no idea how hideous they are, wouldn't understand why someone would give her something and then take it back! I told them that the arrangement was so bad that I didn't want to pay for it at all! I did offer to pay for the teddy bear and balloon because there was nothing wrong with those items, however, I asked that the flowers be removed from my bill. They refused. This was false advertising at its best. on my bill it states: SAME LOOK AND FEEL AS PICTURE. I paid $88.91 for this. This should be illegal and after reading all these similar complaints...This company should be investigated. I contacted them personally and tried to work things out and they refused to work with me. I have pictures of the flowers that the company said I would be getting and of the ones I actually received. They lured me in with their false advertising! Disgusting! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Valerie Hopkins San Francisco, CA

I ordered the "deluxe" Easter arrangement filled with irises and tulips. The picture on the website was stunning and the price was reportedly slashed from $100.00 to $59.99. I ordered the arrangement and had it delivered. My sister sent me a picture and I was mortified. The few tulips that were there were wide-open and drooped over while the few irises were wilted. All this in an ugly orange-ish vase. I contacted the company, wanting my money back. Provided pictures and proof that the arrangement that I ordered from their website was nothing even remotely similar to what was delivered. I received a letter saying it was basically close enough. AVOID this company. After doing research, I discovered this company has over 100 complaints against them and are flagged at the BBB.

Valerie Pahl Saint Paul, MN

Contacted them early on Friday the 24th for a floral arrangement for my aunt's funeral, Sunday the 26th. Being in Mpls., we were unable to make the trip to SE IA., so thought using a local florist would be the way to go. Unfortunately their florist was not in yesterday, so although I paid well over $100 for a beautiful arrangement, and paid extra for an early delivery, it was not there for the funeral. You could not pay me enough to use this company again. If they were short staffed, they could have contracted out to another florist, for something as important as a funeral, but apparently, that wasn't important enough for them. Shame on them.

Vicki Montvale, NJ

This company is a SCAM - Wrong plant flower arrangement was delivered - AvasFlowers representative verbally admitted multiple times that what was delivered was a mistake but nothing was done to fix the issue. FYI - Plant Flower arrangement was a JOKE! Could have put the arrangement together for less than $15 and was charged $86. This was their Premium-Large item too. Company admitted delivering the wrong item but did NOTHING to correct the issue and has kept the money. Please share so no one else is scammed. FYI - I guess one must never talk on the phone anymore. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!

amy birge Houston, TX

This company is a joke!! I am waiting for the picture of the bouquet (if you can really call it that) to be reviewed. I don't have alot of confidence in the issue being resolved but hopefully this review will save one person from having to deal with this company. If the owner of Ava's reads this you really need to get your company on a better track! The first order I placed with Ava's was a couple weeks ago. I ordered an arrangement to be sent to a friend at work that day. They called back about 4 hours later saying it couldn't be delivered same day at that price. They told me it would cost extra or it could go out the next day. Uh no thanks! Then I just wanted to cancel my order. The very pushy customer service representative talked me into a 50% refund and 50% credit with an extra $10 for their "2nd chance". OK fine I'll give you a second chance. Well my best friend of 30 years lost two grandparents this week so I decided to order a nice arrangement and use the credit to go toward that. All in all it was about $70 total. The picture of the flowers she got made me so furious!! It looked like they bought flowers from a grocery store and put them in a vase without arranging them at all. The extra ribbon I paid for looked terrible too! Yellow and white stripes don't look like gold ribbon to me. I know the florist does a variation but what was delivered looked nothing like the picture. They won't get my business again!

RS Woodland Hills, CA

This company is a scam and a fraud. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!! I placed an order on February 27, 2017 for a large floral arrangement for a funeral on March 1st. I received an email with the order confirmation. I kept checking the status, however the flowers NEVER arrived to the funeral home!!!! I called customer service, but it is outsourced to another country, and the person could barely speak English. This company is a DISGRACE!!!! A family is grieving and I wanted to send a sentiment of my thoughts and prayers since I live on the West Coast and would be unable to attend the funeral. I should have read the other reviews before purchasing from this company. Extremely hurtful and disappointing!!!!!!

Diann Verdugo North Hollywood, CA

Ordered flowers for a memorial service. Was very specific about the type of arrangement and the flowers that were to be in the arrangement, as well as the color of the bow, and delivery time. My order arrived after the memorial service was completed and i took a picture of the arrangement and sent it to the customer service explaining that the arrangement was NOT even close to what i ordered. they stated it was the best they could do in a short amount of time (24 hrs). i have called customer service for 3 days in a row, with phone disconnections and finally reached some sort of manager. she offered me a $30 discount. Seriously!!!! NEVER , NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Rachel Campbell

The website advertised "Flash Sale!" For the next 40 minutes you'd get up to 45% off amAND free shipping. The lady who took my order did not understand AMYTHING. I spelled things 3-4 times letter by letter- even the simplest things. She quotes me the price then told me my total was $23 more than the price quoted- because while they didn't charge me the $10 for shipping, there was a "convenience fee for the flowers being hand delivered" WHAT?!?!? THEN when I said I wouldn't pay that she dropped the price $5. I still said I'd have to call back because charging a convenience fee for delivery is NOT free delivery- so she lowered the price again. We did this twice more. -and I'm still paying a convenience fee... So after receiving my email receipt and checking everything, she misspelled the entire message on the card- after we already had gone letter by letter three times. I'm so frustrated. The order better be beautiful and delivered on time. Either way I'm never shopping there again.

Rudy Lustica Dayton, NJ

This Business should be shut down !! I can't believe how unprofessional this service is and I am in disbelief that I am writing a negative review because this is my first one. I went out of state and ordered flowers for my wife on our anniversary. They delivered the wrong flowers from what I ordered. The flowers were also twice less the amount of what I paid for and were half dead. I called the customer service and they told me to email them the photos. I emailed the photos and requested the full refund and got an email response from Aaron to call the customer service. I called the customer service again and spoke to Christian who was very unprofessional. He constantly interrupted me, and argued that my flowers were not half dead. After being on the phone with him for over 20 minutes and constantly on hold, I decided to check the reviews on this business and noticed how everyone got [email protected]_d by this company. There was no manager to speak with and after arguing with Christian who tried to make me settle on a redelivery, I finally got offered a 50% refund which I accepted because based on all these true reviews, I thought I would not get anything back at all. I would never order from Avas Flowers again and if you read all these reviews PLEASE do not order from this company. Your special occasion or surprise will be ruined.

[email protected] Elk Grove Village, IL

AVAS FLOWERS RUINED MY FATHERS FUNERAL !!!!! My father had passed after a long illness, and I wanted a special casket spray with red roses, as they were his favorite flowers, I also ordered a matching standing spray from the grandchildren, They were to be the red, white and blue theme as he was a world war I vet. I specifically repeated over and over that I wanted red roses in the arrangements, along with the rest of the red white and blue flowers. I believed the man on the phone who assured me that my arrangements would have red roses. Well the day of the wake the flowers came and not one red rose! not one! All white roses! I was so upset but it was the death of my dad I waited till after the funeral to call them, and the customer service rep was rude ad unresponsive, after a few long holds he told me I should have looked at the invoice, really, really, it didn't say what color roses at all. I trusted the person who assured me they would be red!!. He said so sorry but we cannot do anything about it, you should have checked the invoice, once again he said! And I repeated it didn't say what color the roses. They take forever to answer the phone after the order has been placed and they refuse to even issue a small credit for their fault in this matter. Never would I order a thing from them, after almost $500.00 in arrangements, they do nothing to help you!

Al

Completely dissatisfied with their service, product & responsiveness to customer concerns. Ordered flowers for my ailing wife. The delivery was prompt but the arrangement was a disaster in that the flowers were stuffed in a small vase ( looked as if they were glued together) and lacked the ribbon which was supposed to be part of the arrangement. I removed the the flowers, put them in a decent vase, put a ribbon on it and presented them to my wife. I expressed my dissatisfaction to Avas via email and they requested pictures. Too late!! Worst deal I ever made for $93. Never again, check yelp before you buy.

Rane Camden Los Angeles, CA

I purchased a $115.99 "premium" bouquet with the 45% off discount. I live in Arizona and my 73 year old mother lives in Marysville, CA. My mother was moved to a rehab ctr the same day I purchased the flowers and was heavily medicated. I did not receive the attached picture of the flowers until 48 hrs later. The most I would have spent on this bouquet w/o a discount would have been $40-50. The flowers I ordered is the one in the background w/4 roses, 2 carnations and I don't know what the other 3 flowers are, but most certainly is not worth $115.99. And the little card was $3.99, the type other florists throw in for free. Chris the owner said I had 24 hours to report if there was a problem and offered me a $20 credit. All I can say is DO NOT order from this shady business.

Bo Milwaukee, WI

Worst company ever. They go to great lengths to get rid of any negative feedbacks because they are a scheming company that robs people in their moments of despair and in their moments of joy they rob that joy! Please do not use Avas for your floral needs. You will be sadly disappointed and then pissed off about how horrible their customer service is. Ordered $1400 worth of flowers, never received $750 worth of them. Despite numerous phone calls, hours talking to them, emails trying to find a resolution, their resolution was to rob my family of $750 worth of funeral flowers for my grandfather's funeral. What a shameful, dishonest, unethical company. If you do order anyway be warned: order with your credit card so you can dispute it. Trust me, what you order and what you get will not be the same. With your bank/visa/debit card, you will not get your money back. That is the lesson I learned.

K Cook Waterloo, IA

Flowers were not delivered on day they promised and then they said the flowers died before the next day so they had to deliver a different arrangement. I said I wanted to cancel my order within the 24 hour window but they promised me a $20 refund to my credit card if I would accept the substitute. I should have known better... because no refund was ever issued and when I called and spoke to them about it I had extremely rude service from Dorothy who said she was a supervisor. She told me that John (the supervisor who promised me the refund) issued me store credit and there was nothing they could do about it even though I very specifically asked if it would go on my credit card. She acknowledge he made a mistake but she refused to do anything about it. Stay away from Ava's flowers. This is the second bad experience I have had - I should have learned the first time.

Lyn Storrs Mansfield, CT

I ordered a get well arrangement that I selected from an online site of photos Ava's had posted. I had the opportunity to see the flowers and I was so embarrassed I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The vase was half filled, despite the fact that I had paid extra for the the larger size, and there were mostly wilted greens plus one huge open almost dead yellow rose and some wilted fallen over mums. I totally understand their site said substitutions were allowed and necessary but they never said dead was also included as a substitute. The quality was beyond horrible had they sent artificial it would have been better. I wrote to them stating my disappointment and sent a photo of the flowers that were sent vs what was selected and they of course refused to do nothing and simply reminded me of their substitution policy. Online they posted the importance of customer satisfaction and the value of this to their business. Never were more false words spoken. I was the fool for not reading all the negative reviews that have been posted about this "florist". I have to honestly say having read them now, they are all true and I would have saved a lot of embarrassment and money. Please do not use this florist for any reason. Save yourself looking like a cheapskate who paid .99 for flowers.

Elizabeth Dietz Auburn, CA

I placed an order today for a friend. She has been home all day. The flowers were never delivered even though I got an email and text delivery confirmation. I called the company to ask. They said no one was home (not possible). I asked if they could send the delivery truck again because they said it was delivered at 3:01. My bill says they will deliver before 7pm. They said everyone already went home for the day and the shop was now closed. Then the person on the phone hung up on me. I called back. This time the customer service person yelled at me. I asked to speak to a manger. The manager was even worse. Yelling at me and saying my friend was lying and was not home. I asked if someone could pick up the flowers. He said everyone had already gone home for the day (it was not even 6:00pm yet) I asked for a partical refund....again no. I told them I wanted to cancel my order. He said he could cancel my order but they would keep the flowers and I would only get $20 of the $64 I spent back. Then he also hung up on me. I have never had such a terrible experience with a business.

Melissa Webber Dallas, TX

I will never use Avas Flowers again! I order a large premium bouquet for $100 and received a small bouquet that I could have picked up at a local grocery store. I sent pictures through their customer service and would at least have hoped for them to send a better bouquet but that . This is what they replied: We regret that you were unhappy with the receipt of your order. After reviewing your beautiful photo, and reviewing the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly. Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description as well as our Substitution Policies. I have attached a copy of Our Substitution Policy for your viewing. **Item pictured is a depiction of an arrangement that we will make as similar as possible with the same look and feel**

Brendon Christy Eudora, KS

Ordered a bouquet of Gerber Daises for my wife. When flowers were delivered they were dead. I called into Avas Flowers to let them know and ask for a refund. They told me the would just re-deliver, however I explained to them that my wife got dead flowers the experience was already ruined and that I wanted a full refund. After 15 minutes on hold to speak with a supervisor, and 10 minutes of a very frustrating conversation the supervisor (Dania) informed me that they would only do a refund less fees and delivery charges. I told her they chose the delivery method and set the fees and I wanted a full refund, she said it isn't their policy to do that. When I asked to speak with someone who could issue a full refund and make that decision she informed me she was the supervisor and they would only do a partial refund. NEVER do business with this company. They simply don't get what it is to stand not only behind the product, but also the client experience. Customer beware!

Gin Lawson

If I could give them zero stars, I would. I ordered a funeral wreath the same day my grandmother passed away. The funeral was scheduled for Saturday, and I ordered the flowers on Monday. Ava's Flowers charged me an expedite fee, $9.99. During a customer service call regarding other mistakes with the order, I asked how far in advance flowers need to be ordered to avoid an expedite fee. Ava's Flowers acknowledged the error and sent a revised invoice. The new invoice amount was actually higher than the original amount billed -- after the supposed $9.99 credit. How does that happen? When I called back about the new invoice amount, the customer service person was rude, belligerent, and kept interrupting both my husband and me as we tried to get clarification about the new invoice amount. Keep in mind, this is after multiple calls to correct other mistakes, such as getting the message on the card wrong, and getting the recipient's name wrong. In addition, Ava's florist nickled and dimed me for everything possible, such as $3.99 to include a message with the flowers, $4.99 for a bow on the funeral wreath, and a $13.99 service fee (this fee mysteriously appeared on the final invoice, which is why the invoice amount increased, even though I had received a $9.99 credit! Save yourself the hassle. Don't do business with this company! Beware! This corporate conglomerate does not care about your loved ones. Buy local and support local shops and businesses. Ava's Flowers were not a local shop, even though it claims to be when you do a Google search. If you don't believe me, try it. No matter what town you search, Ava's will show up as a "local shop." Don't believe it! They take your order, and then subcontract with a local supplier. In fact if you ask, most reputable florists refuse to work with Ava's to fulfill orders. In the future, I will use Yelp to ensure that I am indeed working with a reputable, local florist with a brick and mortar storefront.

Sarah Welkers

First time using Avas Flowers. Never again. Desperately needed these flowers for personal reasons for a close friend. Paid extra to have them delivered before the 1pm time frame the next day. They were never delivered. Spent over 2 hours on the phone, waiting on hold for extremely long periods of time. Was promised (despite the fact that the flowers would no longer be relevant and the surprise had been ruined when I had to ask my friend if she had received them) they were promised to be delivered the next day by 3:30pm. They were never delivered. I spent a total of 2 more hours on the phone. I e-mail and did not receive a response. I was told on the phone multiple times the designer and driver could not be reached. When asked why I wouldn't be receiving some type of refund, all that could be offered was a store credit (even after asking to speak to a supervisor or manager). Store credit for a place I never wish to work with again. I do not have $70 to just waste on flowers, however, I felt it was appropriate due to the circumstances to spend that much. Although I am being told they will be delivered tomorrow, who knows, and at this point, this has been such a disappointment and nightmare, I hope no one turns to Avas flowers for their needs. This has been the biggest let down and I am heartbroken.

Lisa Douthit-Williams Pine Bluff, AR

I ordered a deluxe blissfully PINK bouquet for same day delivery. The order was not received until the NEXT DAY, in the AFTERNOON! When I found out which florist in my area they sent my order to, I called them. The owner read to me the order Ava's Flowers sent to him, it stated "DESIGNERS CHOICE for $39." I paid over $80 for this arrangement and I didn't even receive what I ordered. The flowers I received were a CHRISTMAS mixture of red, white, and gold flowers.......seriously?! Christmas is over!!! When I requested a refund they told me they were not able to process that because they couldn't reach the florist who filled the order, that is BS bc I've been talking to him and he said no one has tried to reach out to him since he received my order. It's not his fault since they didn't even send him the correct order to fill!!!!!! I will NEVER order from this place again, and I wish I had read reviews before wasting my money!!!!!!

Diane Gibson Tracy, CA

Was to have been the recipient of 2 dozen red and white carnations with Christmas greenery in a red vase. Ava's confirmed to the sender that the gift was delivered on Monday,12/20/16. They were not delivered. Ava's had a replacement deliver sent from a local Modesto florist on Tuesday, 12/21. I received 16 roses with berries.and greenery. The white roses were starting to brown and within 24 hours the rose heads were bent over. The red blooms were partially open when received. At 7:30 pm on Thursday, 12/23 my original Christmas bouquet order arrived. The carnations were bound so tight that the carnations were crushed, The white ones were brown after no water for at least 5 days, There was no greenery of any type and my red vase was purple that clashed horribly with what was left of the red carnations. I give Ava's credit for trying to make the order good even though the replacement bouquet from their local contact was definitely old stock. Their own quality control is also at issue. Even if the order was received on time, what was received was not what was ordered with both bouquets being a disappointment to receive.